PDA

View Full Version : Football Larry Fitzgerald ... the bank is open

Mr. Laz
04-22-2011, 01:02 PM
<table width="99%" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><tr><td id="dnn_LeftPane" class="LeftPane" valign="top">

</td> <td id="dnn_ContentPane" class="ContentPane" valign="top"> <table> <tbody><tr> <td> Larry Fitzgerald willing to help out needy teammates

</td> </tr> <tr> <td> <table> <tbody><tr> <td valign="top"> <table width="50px" border="1" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"> <tbody><tr> <td align="center" bgcolor="#CC0000"> Apr</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="center"> 22</td> </tr> </tbody></table> </td> <td valign="top"> 4/22/2011 12:59:15 PM <table> <tbody><tr> <td> | More
</td> </tr> </tbody></table> </td> </tr> </tbody></table> </td> </tr> <tr> <td> Cardinals wide receiver Larry Fitzgerald said Thursday that he's ready to help any teammate who's struggling financially as the NFL lockout hit its 41st day.

Appearing on KTAR in Phoenix with Gambo and Ash by way of Sportsradio interviews (http://sportsradiointerviews.com/2011/04/21/larry-fitzgerald-aiding-young-players-nfl-lockout/#more-37487), he said, "For my young guys (such as) Stephen Williams, Max Hall, Isaiah Williams -- all the guys that are on my team -- they know if they need anything, all they got to do is pick up the phone, and I'm going to be there for them and support them any way I can."

When asked if other well off veterans on other teams should help out the younger guys, Fitzgerald said, "I don’t know if I would say ‘need’ to help, but I mean if you find it in your heart to help guys that may be behind the eight ball, the financial wherewithal, you should [help]. I definitely would. That’s just who I am though.”

</td></tr></tbody></table>

</td></tr></tr></tbody></table>

Pants
04-22-2011, 01:05 PM
Dude is just a solid human being. Need more Larry Fitzgeralds in the world.

Dicky McElephant
04-22-2011, 01:08 PM

This.

vailpass
04-22-2011, 01:17 PM
I was listening to this interview. With some guys this would come across as contrived or fake but this is just who Fitz is; he is tighly wrapped and has his stuff together.
When him and Kurt Warner were playing together it was like having the Good Guy show in town. You don't see their actions reported as much as thug/drug/criminal stuff.

talastan
04-22-2011, 01:20 PM
Dude is just a solid human being. Need more Larry Fitzgeralds playing for the Chiefs.

FYP :)

Der Flöprer
04-22-2011, 01:27 PM
FYP :)

Beat me to it.

Baby Lee
04-22-2011, 01:44 PM
Clicked on this hoping like hell it was Clark Hunt's bank opening, not Larry's.

That said, good on him.

Sfeihc
04-22-2011, 01:45 PM
When Hines Ward hangs it up, Larry will pick up the mantle of my favorite player in the NFL not on the CHIEFS.

Saul Good
04-22-2011, 03:04 PM
When Hines Ward hangs it up, Larry will pick up the mantle of my favorite player in the NFL not on the CHIEFS.

When Hines hangs it up, maybe Larry will be on the Chiefs.

Chiefs Pantalones
04-22-2011, 03:09 PM
I'm sure those young guys are hurting after making 6 figures their first year out of college.

chasedude
04-22-2011, 03:15 PM
This man SOOOOO needs to be a Chief!

He could be such a great influence in Arrowhead's locker room.

vailpass
04-22-2011, 03:19 PM
This man SOOOOO needs to be a Chief!

He could be such a great influence in Arrowhead's locker room.

LMAO You guys crack me up.

chiefsnorth
04-22-2011, 03:39 PM
I'm glad he wants to help take care of those guys on $285,000 rookie minimum salaries. Wouldn't want them to starve or have to move into a shelter.

Garcia Bronco
04-22-2011, 03:41 PM
I'm glad he wants to help take care of those guys on $285,000 rookie minimum salaries. Wouldn't want them to starve or have to move into a shelter.

Seriously. He's looking to lose his money

BossChief
04-22-2011, 04:34 PM
The money players make in the offseason is very minimal. Their money is made on game checks and bonuses.

If any player is already having problems financially, maybe a better helping hand would be advice like "why don't you sell some of that jewelry?"

I can see needing a hand after a year off or something, but if someone is already calling for help I don't think I would do so. Larry is a better person, I guess.

I fully agree that the league (and world in general) needs more Larry Fitzgerald.

HoneyBadger
04-22-2011, 05:58 PM
I wonder if I could give him a call for some extra help :shrug:

notorious
04-22-2011, 06:05 PM
I wonder if I could give him a call for some extra help :shrug:

Is your name Kurt Warner?

J Diddy
04-22-2011, 06:23 PM

It can be.

damaticous
04-22-2011, 08:26 PM

...and on the KC Chiefs.

good guy, good receiver. reminds me of good 'old Tony Richardson.

TEX
04-22-2011, 10:04 PM
...and on the KC Chiefs.

good guy, good receiver. reminds me of good 'old Tony Richardson.

This.

Fruit Ninja
04-22-2011, 10:14 PM
I was listening to this interview. With some guys this would come across as contrived or fake but this is just who Fitz is; he is tighly wrapped and has his stuff together.
When him and Kurt Warner were playing together it was like having the Good Guy show in town. You don't see their actions reported as much as thug/drug/criminal stuff.

This is exactly why i refuse to watch any kind of news. Its 28 min of bad stuff and weather, and 2 min of someone doing something positive. shit should be the other way around.

Deberg_1990
04-22-2011, 10:38 PM
This is exactly why i refuse to watch any kind of news. Its 28 min of bad stuff and weather, and 2 min of someone doing something positive.

cant stand local news anymore. Your exactly right. It caters to the lowest common denominator audience using shock value techniques.

notorious
04-22-2011, 10:51 PM
lowest common denominator

99% of CP members resemble this remark.

thurman merman
04-23-2011, 12:37 AM
It's nice of a man who is being treated like a slave to still be willing to help out others.

HoneyBadger
04-23-2011, 03:10 AM

If it means I get free money :)