PDA

View Full Version : Prayer Request Plane wreck hits damn close to home.

Buehler445
04-22-2011, 03:02 PM
The plane wreck in Topeka was a guy and his family from Scott City. He rented the plane from my good friends.

Dude was a good dude. Ran a really successful business in town, was a county commissioner and really did a lot for the community. Sucks when bad things happen to good people.

If you have a minute send some good thoughts out for his family.

Buehler445
04-22-2011, 03:05 PM
http://www.newser.com/article/d9motdj82/faa-4-dead-after-small-plane-registered-to-kan-seed-company-crashes-in-field-outside-topeka.html

FWIW I dint know him all that well but it's still tough to swallow because hes just a few years older than I am. And man it sucks for the community.

bevischief
04-22-2011, 04:35 PM
done.

damaticous
04-22-2011, 07:28 PM
that sux man. It's always a bad deal when good people pass.

thoughts being forwarded to you, yours, his and his family.

58-4ever
04-22-2011, 07:34 PM
What went wrong with the plane?

threebag02
04-22-2011, 07:45 PM
It crashed.

Thoughts for the family sent.

DaFace
04-22-2011, 07:50 PM
Damn dude, that sucks. :(

HonestChieffan
04-22-2011, 07:56 PM
Lost one of my best friends today. No matter how many times you go through it, its hard. Never had a better friend.

Mr. Flopnuts
04-22-2011, 07:57 PM
Lost one of my best friends today. No matter how many times you go through it, its hard. Never had a better friend.

:( truly sorry to hear it.

Buehler445
04-22-2011, 08:05 PM

Did you know Dillon or did you lose your friend in a different event?

Sorry for your loss.

notorious
04-22-2011, 08:08 PM
I have lost a few pilot friends over the years. Involve the family and it makes it that much worse.

You are not alone in your grief. I'm feeling for you, man.

notorious
04-22-2011, 08:13 PM
Daughters were 7 and 5.........

Damnit.........Tearing up....

http://cjonline.com/news/2011-04-22/scott-city-family-killed-plane-crash

Sputtering engine on a Baron 58 before it went down.

DaFace
04-22-2011, 08:15 PM
I have lost a few pilot friends over the years. Involve the family and it makes it that much worse.

You are not alone in your grief. I'm feeling for you, man.

Even though I think small planes are fun, they make me awfully nervous. Seems like every year we have a crash or two out here. The mountains do weird things to air patterns, and I think people just get caught offguard sometimes.

notorious
04-22-2011, 08:21 PM
Even though I think small planes are fun, they make me awfully nervous. Seems like every year we have a crash or two out here. The mountains do weird things to air patterns, and I think people just get caught offguard sometimes.

I used to get altitude warnings constantly while departing DEN in singles during the summer. Airplanes perform like shit in the conditions around Denver.

Around the mountains a pilot needs to pay close attention to up and downdrafts and always have a bail-out option (turn down the mountain side) open.

I have thrown a rod in a Lance at 12:30am over roughlands of Texas and broken a crankshaft in half in a Cherokee 6 during the daytime over the Quivira Wetlands. Neither occurance is something I want to experience ever again.

Buehler445
04-22-2011, 09:11 PM

Small planes are pretty safe. They go slow. When bad shit happens it happens slower. But weather affects them more because they can't fly over it. Mountains fuck with them HARD. I'm not flying over the mountains unless it is superfucking high.

Buehler445
04-22-2011, 09:15 PM
Damn dude, that sucks. :(

What's getting to me is that he's a lot like me and is doing a lot of the same things I want to do.

It puts it all into perspective that it could be over at any time. I do a lot of shit every day that is much more dangerous than flying a plane that I'm trained to fly and have flown many times before.

ROYC75
04-22-2011, 09:19 PM
Not only you, but the family of the victims are in our thoughts and parayers.

milkman
04-22-2011, 09:22 PM
Never know what to say in these types of threads.

Thoughts to the family.

CrazyPhuD
04-22-2011, 09:35 PM
Well in a case where the world is far too small, if I'm interpreting a HS friend's updates correctly, then the wife who passed today may have been a pledge sister(I assume kstate sorority) with Fat Elvis's niece who passed a couple weeks ago. Way too young for everyone. :(

Buehler445
04-22-2011, 09:46 PM
Well in a case where the world is far too small, if I'm interpreting a HS friend's updates correctly, then the wife who passed today may have been a pledge sister(I assume kstate sorority) with Fat Elvis's niece who passed a couple weeks ago. Way too young for everyone. :(

That could very well be. I know they went to KSU. The hell of it is that just a few days ago another guy died here in town. Very tough.

Baconeater
04-22-2011, 10:15 PM
I used to get altitude warnings constantly while departing DEN in singles during the summer. Airplanes perform like shit in the conditions around Denver.

Around the mountains a pilot needs to pay close attention to up and downdrafts and always have a bail-out option (turn down the mountain side) open.

I thought we were going to freaking die descending into Reno one time, apparently it's real bad too because of the Sierra Nevada Mountains right there. It felt like the pilot was bouncing the plane off of the mountainsides. Ugh.

Anyway, sorry about the loss to your community Buehler.

JOhn
04-22-2011, 11:28 PM

I have thrown a rod in a Lance at 12:30am over roughlands of Texas and broken a crankshaft in half in a Cherokee 6 during the daytime over the Quivira Wetlands. Neither occurance is something I want to experience ever again.

Try coming in to Jackson Hole Wy, or hell even Cody is a bitch with the cross winds we get here

factortobe
04-23-2011, 01:04 AM
It crashed.

Thoughts for the family sent.

This:arrow:

Simplex3
04-23-2011, 07:55 AM

The mom was the sister of my 4th grade daughter's teacher. Really sad affair.