PDA

View Full Version : U.S. Issues 10 US Senators visiting China, have secret meeting with Chinese officials

teedubya
04-23-2011, 01:24 AM
The largest-ever delegation of U.S. senators to visit China has met with top leaders in the Chinese capital.

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid is leading the delegation, which includes nine other senators.

The group met Thursday in Beijing with Chinese Vice-President Xi Jinping and the head of the Chinese legislature, Wu Bangguo.

Few details have come out, but economic ties are one item on the agenda. Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesman Hong Lei stressed that a good Sino-American relationship is more important than ever.

Hong says the Sino-American economic relationship has gone far beyond affecting just the two countries and now has global impact.

Another issue expected to be discussed is human rights -- with an emphasis on American concern about China’s ongoing crackdown on dissent.

The Chinese spokesman acknowledges that Beijing and Washington do have their differences, although he stopped short of mentioning human rights.

Hong pointed out that the two countries have historical and cultural differences and that they are at different stages of economic development. He is urging the United States to strengthen communication, increase its understanding of China and avoid politicizing economic issues.

The American senators met Wednesday with senior Chinese leaders, including Vice-Premier Wang Qishan and the head of the central bank, Zhou Xiaochun. They also met with U.S. Ambassador Jon Huntsman, who leaves China at the end of this month.

The American lawmakers also will visit clean energy project sites in Chengdu and Xi’an.

http://www.voanews.com/english/news/asia/east-pacific/US-Congressional-Delegation-in-China-120347449.html

teedubya
04-23-2011, 01:26 AM
This is from another board that I visit... hard to say how valid it is, but this is what is being discussed on the fringe:

Pay attention closely if you want to know how the dollar crisis will unfold over the next few weeks

The entire thing hinges on a single simple elegant point that not one in a million humans understands. I am able to let you in onthis for two reasons. One, nobody takes anything seriously here, so this is so far below the radar as to make no difference. Two, because events are going to unfold very, very quickly now and within the next few days anyone who could possibly give a shit will have their hands full with much more important fish to fry.

I am not warning you, or advising you, or anything. If you haven't already realized what's coming down the pike and made preparations, it's already too late.

The crux of the matter is this: people are looking at the wrong signals, the wrong indicators, and completely facing the wrong way. Because of this, they will be blindsided, bitchslapped, and bamboozled. By the billions. It will become an iconic moment in economic history. In history history, too.

The deal is this: Everyone is waiting for a mass Chinese selloff, but they arent going to see one. Why not? Because they are going to learn something far more disturbing: the selloff has already happened.

Let me repeat that: The selloff has already happened.

How can this be? Here is what you don't know. Immediately after the 2008 crisis, China told the US it was done ****ing around, it had been patient throughout the idiot housing bubble and wars-on-borrowed-money, but they were finally pulling out. The whole Lehman crisis and general 2008 fiasco revealed a much deeper incompetence than the Chinese could ever have possibly imagined. They became more afraid of America's stupidity and slackening grip on reality then they were of possible malice.

Washington begged, they pleaded, they even offered Taiwan, but in the end the Chinese could not be moved. They would allow one concession to global stability: Washington would be allowed to buy back it's own bonds and debt, in secret, but not with any US currency, bonds, instruments, or promises. They'd had their fill of empty promises from America. Instead, they wanted real things. Military secrets. Oil ( a LOT more than you imagine based on the "pretend prices" we are still getting). Metals. Cotton. Uranium. Lots of different things.

The deal was hammered out in secret by Feb 2009 and all payments were made by April 2010. That's right, the shit changed hands a year ago, it's been a done deal for some time. So why doesn't anyone know? Because, as a concession a badly-bungling US managed to wring out, the transaction would be allowed to remain a secret for exactly one year and one year only.

That year is now up. Today.

Today, China has about 2% of the US bonds and reserves the world thinks they have, and they have about 10 times as many valuable commodities and intellectual property as the world thinks they do, not to mention an endless litany of goodies ranging from a permanent back door to the NYSE computer system to rights of first review of all new findings at 200 US University science departments. And today it is no longer a secret.

Are we having fun yet?

The runup on metals and commodities and food over the last year is this secret leaking out around the edges. This week's crazy action on the silver market is sign number one that the dams have already broken.

There is more... A lot more... For example, remember those mystery empt cities people have been scratching their heads over? They may be empty of people but they are chock full of valueable commodities. The stuff going on in Africa now is involved, and the Japan crisis has added a real wildcard to the game. Strap in, its going to be quite a ride.

Hog Farmer
04-23-2011, 08:11 AM
Interesting ! So shouldn't this mean our actual debt is now less than the 14 tillion they claim.

Okie_Apparition
04-23-2011, 09:31 AM
It's still way too much, but my understanding was that China was owed 1 trillion out of the 14 trillion debt. America was still sent dog food with antifreeze, toys with lead paint & tainted dry wall. Pay those fuckers off.

teedubya
04-23-2011, 10:35 AM
Interesting ! So shouldn't this mean our actual debt is now less than the 14 tillion they claim.

It's like paying off your credit card bill... With your credit card...

Donger
04-23-2011, 10:42 AM
Thanks for the article on this secret meeting. If this article hadn't been posted, the secret would never have gotten out.

go bowe
04-23-2011, 11:13 AM
Thanks for the article on this secret meeting. If this article hadn't been posted, the secret would never have gotten out.
LMAO LMAO LMAO

Bowser
04-23-2011, 11:15 AM
I'm betting it's a secret meeting to discuss who will be the caretakers of the stargate they found in Antartica.

teedubya
04-23-2011, 11:19 AM

The details of the meeting aren't out, Gov't Shill. Thanks for playing, douche.

go bowe
04-23-2011, 11:21 AM
ahhh, the meeting wasn't secret, like the thread title asserts, it was the details that are secret...

gotcha...

Donger
04-23-2011, 11:40 AM
The details of the meeting aren't out, Gov't Shill. Thanks for playing, douche.

I know the details.

go bowe
04-23-2011, 11:59 AM
I know the details.shill...

go bowe
04-23-2011, 12:00 PM
I know the details.
aha, you are secret too...

Bowser
04-23-2011, 12:10 PM
I know the details.

Pics or GTFO

CrazyPhuD
04-23-2011, 01:28 PM
They're defecting aren't they? Either that or defecating.

ClevelandBronco
04-23-2011, 01:42 PM
Ancient Chinese secret?

Those Senators. Some hot shots.

CrazyPhuD
04-23-2011, 02:54 PM
I wonder if the meeting had a happy ending?

Amnorix
04-23-2011, 03:46 PM
This is from another board that I visit... hard to say how valid it is, but this is what is being discussed on the fringe:

Fringe is right. This is retarded.

HonestChieffan
04-23-2011, 04:51 PM
Hope we still have the secret contained

Bowser
04-23-2011, 05:23 PM
I wonder if the meeting had a happy ending?

YOU WAHNT BEEEG FEEEENISH?

go bowe
04-25-2011, 11:29 AM
YOU WAHNT BEEEG FEEEENISH?

only if it's secret... LMAO LMAO LMAO

blaise
04-25-2011, 11:35 AM
I bet they're planning 9/11 part 2. Like maybe they'll blow up the Empire State Building and a Burger King or something.

Amnorix
05-16-2011, 01:18 PM

Today, China has about 2% of the US bonds and reserves the world thinks they have, and they have about 10 times as many valuable commodities and intellectual property as the world thinks they do, not to mention an endless litany of goodies ranging from a permanent back door to the NYSE computer system to rights of first review of all new findings at 200 US University science departments. And today it is no longer a secret.

So, are you ready to admit that this was total horseshit and that wherever you got it it from is useless?

http://finance.fortune.cnn.com/2011/05/16/chinas-treasury-holdings-1-14-trillion/?iid=HP_LN

"
China's holdings of U.S. government debt inched lower for the fifth straight month.

But America's biggest foreign creditor continued to hold $1.14 trillion of Treasury securities through official channels as of March – 26% more than Japan, the second-biggest lender to the United States.

And with China struggling with its own economic ills, such as slowing growth and persistent inflation, the idea of China dumping its dollar holdings seems more remote than ever -- even as the U.S. hits the debt ceiling, taking the world's biggest bond market into strange territory.
The latest report on the major foreign holders of U.S. debt (http://www.treasury.gov/resource-center/data-chart-center/tic/Documents/mfh.txt) comes as economists are starting to question the strength of the economic recovery. Those worries tend to boost demand for government bonds, as investors trade out of riskier assets such as stocks and commodities."

Chocolate Hog
05-16-2011, 01:23 PM
Sweet n Sour chicken is delicious.

Pants
05-16-2011, 01:33 PM
One, nobody takes anything seriously here, so this is so far below the radar as to make no difference.

Oh, I do wonder why that is.

teedubya
05-16-2011, 03:01 PM
So, are you ready to admit that this was total horseshit and that wherever you got it it from is useless?

I never claimed this to be true... just what I was reading at the time, to create discussion.

Thanks for playing. It wasn't completely right, but China is ditching dollars as fast as they can. That's fact.

Amnorix
05-16-2011, 03:04 PM
I never claimed this to be true... just what I was reading at the time, to create discussion.

Thanks for playing. It wasn't completely right, but China is ditching dollars as fast as they can. That's fact.

Create discussion like "this is stupid"? Thanks for that, I guess.

Please make non-lunatic-fringe posts in the future. Thanks.

teedubya
05-16-2011, 03:05 PM
Oh, I do wonder why that is.

Oh I don't know... because your ego refuses to believe something you read from a "kook"?

Only the stubbornly stupid and willfully ignorant haven't prepared.

teedubya
05-16-2011, 03:07 PM
Create discussion like "this is stupid"? Thanks for that, I guess.

Please make non-lunatic-fringe posts in the future. Thanks.

China is getting rid of the dollar... and ten congressmen were there to help fix the problem... my other comment was an addendum.

Please refrain from being a jackass in the future.

Pants
05-16-2011, 03:07 PM

Your avatar text makes you sound like a dumbass. "Should of drafted" is not an expression in the English language.

Just trying to make sure you don't come off like someone with an IQ of 106, brah. ;)

Amnorix
05-16-2011, 03:11 PM
China is getting rid of the dollar... and ten congressmen were there to help fix the problem... my other comment was an addendum.

Please refrain from being a jackass in the future.

Why would ten Congressmen help them ditch the dollar.

And why haven't they been ditching dollars more quickly if htat's what they want to do? Oh, right, because they're slowly ditchign dollars to help diversify, and it's not the mad sell-off that you're pitching it as.

Silock
05-16-2011, 03:11 PM
If China dumps our bonds, there are willing buyers all over the globe. And it's not like China doesn't have its own massive currency problems.

This is horseshit.

|Zach|
05-16-2011, 03:14 PM
Hey guys...I am just throwing this out there...

No biggie if it turns out to be dumb as hell but if it takes I am a genius and I told you so.

BucEyedPea
05-16-2011, 03:19 PM
The American lawmakers also will visit clean energy project sites in Chengdu and Xi’an.

In China? LMAO

RedNeckRaider
05-16-2011, 03:22 PM
I would assume a payment review will take place~

teedubya
05-16-2011, 04:22 PM
Hey guys...I am just throwing this out there...

No biggie if it turns out to be dumb as hell but if it takes I am a genius and I told you so.

Post #2 is what is being referenced... not the China stuff.

The first post is right on, in my book... the second post was fringey, and I stated as such.

teedubya
05-16-2011, 04:24 PM
Why would ten Congressmen help them ditch the dollar.

And why haven't they been ditching dollars more quickly if htat's what they want to do? Oh, right, because they're slowly ditchign dollars to help diversify, and it's not the mad sell-off that you're pitching it as.

No man... "Finding Osama" helped them temporarily save the dollar... it was near it's all-time low before they "killed" him.

They went to China to plead with China to NOT sell off all of their bonds and Federal Reserve Notes...