PDA

View Full Version : Ay Pioli

KurtCobain
04-23-2011, 09:32 PM
If Sam Acho is there in the second, and he doesn't get a phone call telling him he's ours, I'll fucking kill you.

SuperChief
04-26-2011, 10:52 AM
Acho or Hankerson? I can't decide . . . brain aneurysm!

MahiMike
04-26-2011, 12:09 PM
Oh, I thought this was a Pirate thread. ARRRRGGGGHHHH!

SNR
04-26-2011, 12:17 PM
I'll be pissed if we take Acho in the 2nd. According to Athan, he's a 6th rounder

bsp4444
04-26-2011, 01:00 PM
I'd have to take Hankerson over Acho if both were available at our pick in the 2nd.

AustinChief
04-26-2011, 01:01 PM
I'll be pissed if we take Acho in the 2nd. According to Athan, he's a 6th rounder

DAMN! You beat me to it!

SNR
04-26-2011, 01:02 PM
DAMN! You beat me to it!If you give me mod powers, I'll let you change my post so you can take credit for the joke. I'll even keep quiet about it and post a lol smilie in response

Saccopoo
04-26-2011, 01:56 PM
I'd have to take Hankerson over Acho if both were available at our pick in the 2nd.

Tough call.

Acho would be the poster boy for the "Right 53," has a knack for getting to the QB and has shown the ability to drop back into pass coverage. I was really impressed with his footwork and hips in the senior bowl, Marines skills challenge and Combine. I think he's as good a prospect for the 3-4 LOLB position as there is in this draft, especially when one considers what Pioli/Haley look for in a guy beyond his football skills.

Hankerson, while not the best receiver in the draft (has a tendency to use his body to catch the ball), has the length and speed to be a very effective guy for the Chiefs at the #2 spot. He'll fight for it and can extend the play with very good RAC ability.

I think I'd have to go with Acho as the talent pool at the 3-4 OLB spot drops considerably and you'd be looking at project type guys (Donte Moch, Chris Carter, Ugo Chinasa or Steve Friday) or guys with great instincts but lacking the athletic burst (Jeremy Beal - who I think would be a monster at the ILB spot in a 3-4 - Hey Pioli - you hear me?!, Mark Herzlich, Tom Keiser).

However, there will still be solid receivers like Pettis, Little, Gates, Doss, Salas, Brown and Toliver, Whalen, Sanzenbacher from the third round and on.

Honestly, I don't know why guys like Quinn, Smith, Ayers and Houston are being mentioned as first rounders while Acho, who ran a 4.63, had a 33.5 vertical and backed up those numbers with great field production and who was the Campbell Trophy winner, is a second round prospect.

Yeah, if Acho is there in the second and they pass on him, I'd be tempted to grab the pitchfork and torch and march to Arrowhead with Cobain.