PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Teicher: Pioli drafts for character, looks for appropriate fit

Tribal Warfare
04-23-2011, 11:42 PM
Pioli drafts for character, looks for appropriate fit (http://www.kansascity.com/2011/04/23/2821091/pioli-drafts-for-character-looks.html)
BY ADAM TEICHER | THE KANSAS CITY STAR

One by one, the players kept coming to the Chiefs in the 2010 draft, and at first it was a remarkable coincidence how they all had the same qualities.

Eric Berry loved football so much in college at Tennessee that he helped clean teammates’ helmets between games. Dexter McCluster and Kendrick Lewis organized offseason workouts for their Ole Miss teammates before their senior year. Tony Moeaki was on the player policy group his last four seasons at Iowa. Six of the seven players drafted by the Chiefs were team captains.

Once the draft was finished, it was no longer a coincidence but part of a pattern. The Chiefs went looking for leaders and players of good character, and, by all accounts, general manager Scott Pioli found them.

“That (Chiefs) draft last year? I just love the type of kids he brought into the building,” NFL Network draft analyst Mike Mayock said. “I don’t care if it was Javier Arenas or Jon Asamoah or Eric Berry or Tony Moeaki. All those kids have the same kind of toughness and work ethic. That’s what you’re going to see from Scott going forward.”

As last year’s draft showed, Pioli’s players have as distinctive a stamp as those of any other general manager around the league.

All teams try to find players who fit their offensive or defensive system. But Pioli also prefers players who not only enjoy playing football, but enjoy working at it, too.

“This program and the way we’ve set things up, it isn’t for everyone,” Pioli said. “There will be certain players who can make it here, perform well in our system and not perform well in another system. Then there are other players, whether it’s (because of) a physical capability or trait or their makeup, who can be successful in other programs but not be successful here.

“There are certain demands on people that (some) players can handle and others can’t. That doesn’t mean they’re not good players, and it doesn’t mean they’re not good people. It means the fit isn’t right.”

All general managers give lip service to that concept. But Pioli is on the road scouting college players or in his office watching them on video more than many of his colleagues around the NFL.

“Scott’s been on the record saying he likes big, smart, tough, intelligent football players who are going to fit well within the scheme,” Pro Football Weekly draft analyst Nolan Nawrocki said. “If you look at what he did with New England, I think it was similar. They highly value character. They’re going to do their work and really dig in to their players. They’ll take some chances, but they’re going to do their homework and make sure they feel comfortable about whoever they’re selecting.”

At some point, the Chiefs will draft a player from outside the mold. But this doesn’t appear to be that year. The Chiefs, after winning their first AFC title in seven years, are at a delicate point in their development. Expectations are high, and the schedule gets exponentially more difficult.

More likely, Pioli will go the conservative route with the first-round pick and use it on an offensive lineman such as Wisconsin’s Gabe Carimi. Carimi may never play in a Pro Bowl, but he could be a solid player for the next 10 years.

In other words, he’s Pioli’s kind of player.

The Chiefs could be in the market for a developmental prospect at quarterback, and, if so, Nawrocki has a suggestion.

“Ricky Stanzi from Iowa fits the criteria,” he said. “He’s wired the right way. He’s what they look for in a quarterback. He’s got all the intangibles, and he’s got the intelligence. He just needs to develop a little more confidence.”

Pioli’s draft strategy is something he learned from his nine seasons with New England, where Bill Belichick was building the Patriots much the same way that Pioli is trying to now. Another former Belichick assistant, Thomas Dimitroff, Atlanta’s general manager, operates much the same way.

“You see what building Scott comes from,” Mayock said. “When you come out of that building, obviously, there are some things that are paramount to Bill Belichick, Scott Pioli, Thomas Dimitroff. One of them is you’ve got to fit in the building. You’ve got to be intelligent and hard-working. Those kind of things, regardless of what position they’re picking, are critical to Scott.

“Scott wants the kind of guy that’s going to show up for work and get better every day. If he’s going to err, he’s going to err on the conservative side and make sure he gets a good football player.”

Doing the safe thing with draft picks is Pioli’s philosophy. He tends to avoid boom-or-bust type of players, preferring instead to believe he will get a certain minimum from each one.

He said he can gauge that in a player by watching him play in college and then through research getting to know the player’s character and work ethic.

“You don’t necessarily know what the ceiling is, but you (need to) know what the floor is about a particular player. That’s important,” Pioli said. “I’m more concerned about dependability, reliability and consistency than highs and lows.

“A pattern I’ve seen is that dependability and consistency give you a better chance to build for the long term. The goal when I came here wasn’t to build something quick or something fragile that just immediately satisfies the masses in the short term. It’s about building something that lasts.”

He veered away from that philosophy to an extent in 2009, his first draft with the Chiefs. They desperately needed defensive linemen, so Pioli took one with each of the first two picks.

The first, Tyson Jackson, was selected with the third overall pick but has given the Chiefs little. The other, Alex Magee, gave the Chiefs a mediocre rookie season and then was traded to Tampa Bay.

The difference is that the Chiefs still believe in Jackson’s potential. Pioli recently said he would pick Jackson again if he had the chance to do that draft over again.

“If you make a bad pick or a bad free-agent decision, one of the worst things you can do is not acknowledge it once you sort it out,” Pioli said. “I’ve watched people make picks and based on pride or their inability to admit a mistake … that to me is a flaw in leadership. I believe one of the greatest strengths in leadership is the ability to admit it when you’re wrong and you make a mistake. Great leaders do something about it.

“That doesn’t mean you react to what public opinion is, necessarily. You have to stay true to what you know and what you believe.”

tyton75
04-24-2011, 06:22 AM
I'm starting to have a bad feeling about this draft

michaelj_58
04-24-2011, 06:57 AM
there's two side's to this safe pick thing right!!!!!

Dave Lane
04-24-2011, 07:42 AM
I really like the idea of Stanzi in the 2nd or 3rd if he's still there. I think he is going to climb higher than people think.

milkman
04-24-2011, 07:46 AM
I really like the idea of Stanzi in the 2nd or 3rd if he's still there. I think he is going to climb higher than people think.

I don't hate the idea of drafting Stanzi, but before the 4th round?

Are you just trying to piss me off?

Okie_Apparition
04-24-2011, 07:53 AM
Wounderful, Moeaki couldn't even get an Iowa college degree in 4 years.

TRR
04-24-2011, 08:35 AM
I am not a Ricky Stanzi fan. I've watched every college game Stanzi has played, and I'm not sold on him at all.

If Pioli is looking for consistency in a player, it isn't Stanzi. He was extremely up and down in terms of accuracy, footwork, and decision-making throughout his career. His senior season was good from a stats perspective, however his decision-making game by game really was frustrating.

Stanzi is a 5th round pick at best in my opinion. A lot of people compare him to Brady, but is attitude and bone headed plays reminds me of Grbac.
Posted via Mobile Device

farmerchief
04-24-2011, 08:40 AM

I'd take him in the 3rd, and not look back...

Dave Lane
04-24-2011, 08:41 AM
Yes yes I am.

I'd definitely be all over him in the 3rd since we pick a handful of picks from the 4th but I'm not 100% he's going to be there. I think Zorn could make him special. But that's just me.

boogblaster
04-24-2011, 08:46 AM
no ...

Fritz88
04-24-2011, 08:57 AM

Id love him in the 5th.
Posted via Mobile Device

Coogs
04-24-2011, 09:31 AM
I'm OK with Carimi. I'm just not sure I would draft a QB at all this season. This is year 4 for Cassell. Swim or sink time. If he is what he is supposed to be, no need to spend an early rounder... or any pick for that matter... on a QB this season. And if he is not? Hope someone like Carolina wins the #1 overall pick again next season, and empty the bank to get Luck. Sounds like he would fit the profile, and be a stud on top of it instead of a project.

milkman
04-24-2011, 09:36 AM
I'm OK with Carimi. I'm just not sure I would draft a QB at all this season. This is year 4 for Cassell. Swim or sink time. If he is what he is supposed to be, no need to spend an early rounder... or any pick for that matter... on a QB this season. And if he is not? Hope someone like Carolina wins the #1 overall pick again next season, and empty the bank to get Luck. Sounds like he would fit the profile, and be a stud on top of it instead of a project.

Year 4?

I just don't think there's any chance that the Chiefs will be able to get Luck.

Coogs
04-24-2011, 09:43 AM
Year 4?

I just don't think there's any chance that the Chiefs will be able to get Luck.

1 year starter in New England. 2 year starter in KC. That would make this next season year 4.

The second part depends a lot on which Cassel shows up. The one making some progress during the middle of the season, or the one early in the season... that re-appeared late in the season.

Reerun_KC
04-24-2011, 10:11 AM

OF course you are. Its a requirement to be a member of CP..

Reerun_KC
04-24-2011, 10:12 AM

Like it would be considered an accomplishment anymore? Old people are very easy to piss off..

:p

Chief Roundup
04-24-2011, 10:33 AM

We need a QB since we don't have backup QBs

Wilson8
04-24-2011, 10:34 AM
It is going to be a very interesting draft. If a very good player falls to the Chiefs and he does not fit the Pioli character profile, do they pass and go with character over ability?

In the 1st round these guys would fit the profile, Anthony Castonzo, Gabe Carimi, Derek Sherrod, and Akeem Ayers. One reason why I'm expecting a tackle in the first round.

If Leonard Hankerson falls to KC in the 2nd, does he fit the character profile or do they go with another team captain like a Stefen Wisniewski or a Rodney Hudson?

Dave Lane
04-24-2011, 10:44 AM
I don't see Hankerson making it to our 2nd round pick.

It is going to be a very interesting draft. If a very good player falls to the Chiefs and he does not fit the Pioli character profile, do they pass and go with character over ability?

In the 1st round these guys would fit the profile, Anthony Castonzo, Gabe Carimi, Derek Sherrod, and Akeem Ayers. One reason why I'm expecting a tackle in the first round.

If Leonard Hankerson falls to KC in the 2nd, does he fit the character profile or do they go with another team captain like a Stefen Wisniewski or a Rodney Hudson?

Wilson8
04-24-2011, 11:20 AM
I was watching ESPN's interview with Bill Parcells. In the background they had a board of draft picks. Don't know who did the board but they had Gabe Carimi as a 3rd round pick.

milkman
04-24-2011, 11:24 AM
I was watching ESPN's interview with Bill Parcells. In the background they had a board of draft picks. Don't know who did the board but they had Gabe Carimi as a 3rd round pick.

Parcells is going to do an interview on camera with an actual draft board in the background?

I find that highly unlikely.

Smoke and mirrors.

BossChief
04-24-2011, 11:26 AM
Here's the thing with Stanzi.

If Cassel was only 22 or 23, most here would be very excited about his potential. I think the majority of us that either totally dislike him or are on the fence about him are that way because of the "window" we have with him due to age.

Stanzi is like a 22 year old Cassel in many ways.

Pioli spent a third on Kevin Oconnel a few years back when the Patriots already had Brady and Cassel. That sets the value they deem worthy of a backup player and Stanzi is a much, much better prospect.

I doubt very much that Stanzi is there in the third but if he is and he falls to the pick right before ours, somebody will move up in front of us to take him.

That's why I said a month ago that I wouldn't be surprised if we traded up in the third to select him...and the Planets collective head would explode.

Marcellus
04-24-2011, 11:35 AM
Anybody who thinks TJack is going to be on the list of worst 1st round picks has a short memory.

Yea, it was bad but not even in the zip code of players like Victor Riley, Trezell Jenkins, Harvey fucking worthless Williams, Blackledge, bla bla bla..

The only thing that makes the TJack pick as bad is he was 3rd overall but he is probably already more productive than Ryan Simms was at 6.

milkman
04-24-2011, 11:40 AM
Anybody who thinks TJack is going to be on the list of worst 1st round picks has a short memory.

Yea, it was bad but not even in the zip code of players like Victor Riley, Trezell Jenkins, Harvey ****ing worthless Williams, Blackledge, bla bla bla..

The only thing that makes the TJack pick as bad is he was 3rd overall but he is probably already more productive than Ryan Simms was at 6.

I am not ready to call Jackson a bust yet, but Sims was more productive in his second season than Jackson was last year.

JASONSAUTO
04-24-2011, 12:45 PM
I am not ready to call Jackson a bust yet, but Sims was more productive in his second season than Jackson was last year.
Stats are close. Per hamas.

But tj played at least four less games due to injury and started eleven less iirc.
Posted via Mobile Device

Hog Farmer
04-24-2011, 12:49 PM
I am not a Ricky Stanzi fan. I've watched every college game Stanzi has played, and I'm not sold on him at all.

If Pioli is looking for consistency in a player, it isn't Stanzi. He was extremely up and down in terms of accuracy, footwork, and decision-making throughout his career. His senior season was good from a stats perspective, however his decision-making game by game really was frustrating.

Stanzi is a 5th round pick at best in my opinion. A lot of people compare him to Brady, but is attitude and bone headed plays reminds me of Grbac.
Posted via Mobile Device

And what was the reason Tom Brady fell so far ? Honestly I don't know but I would assume it was some of the same.

BossChief
04-24-2011, 12:52 PM
I think it's comical how trr backs Cassel to no end, then compares hmm to Stanzi but says he doesn't like Stanzi.

Puzzling, that guy is.

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-24-2011, 01:09 PM

If Cassel was only 22 or 23, most here would be very excited about his potential. I think the majority of us that either totally dislike him or are on the fence about him are that way because of the "window" we have with him due to age.

Pioli spent a third on Kevin Oconnel a few years back when the Patriots already had Brady and Cassel. That sets the value they deem worthy of a backup player and Stanzi is a much, much better prospect.

I doubt very much that Stanzi is there in the third but if he is and he falls to the pick right before ours, somebody will move up in front of us to take him.

That's why I said a month ago that I wouldn't be surprised if we traded up in the third to select him...and the Planets collective head would explode.

So if Cassel was something that he wasn't, people would be excited. Nice truism, but let's analyze this a little further.

New England fans saw what he was in 2008 when he was 26 and wanted him cut. He's basically improved to the point where he can improve. The guy had 4 years under Belichick and another year under Weis. He's going to be 29 when the season starts, and he's started 45 regular season games.

OnTheWarpath58
04-24-2011, 01:10 PM
So if Cassel was something that he wasn't, people would be excited. Nice truism, but let's analyze this a little further.

New England fans saw what he was in 2008 when he was 26 and wanted him cut. He's basically improved to the point where he can improve. The guy had 4 years under Belichick and another year under Weis. He's going to be 29 when the season starts, and he's started 45 regular season games.

But if we give him 4 more years and surround him with All-Pros, he might win us a playoff game.

Be patient. It's a process. /CP

BossChief
04-24-2011, 01:23 PM

Ok, let me ask you this.

If Cassel was a 2009 draft pick and was only 24/25 right now and showed the progression he has in ONLY two years here, wouldn't your perception of the player be different?

Stanzi can be just that and thats the point I'm trying to make here.

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-24-2011, 01:27 PM
Ok, let me ask you this.

If Cassel was a 2009 draft pick and was only 24/25 right now and showed the progression he has in ONLY two years here, wouldn't your perception of the player be different?

Stanzi can be just that and thats the point I'm trying to make here.

That's a ridiculous analogy. Cassel wasn't a blank slate when he came here. He had four years in the NFL, including one as a full time starter, and had top notch coaching the entire time.

Again, you are using a truism. If he was a different player then we'd think of him differently. Thanks, Madden.

OnTheWarpath58
04-24-2011, 01:27 PM
That's a ridiculous analogy. Cassel wasn't a blank slate when he came here. He had four years in the NFL, including one as a full time starter, and had top notch coaching the entire time.

Again, you are using a truism. If he was a different player than we'd think of him differently. Thanks, Madden.

LMAO

BOOM!

Pasta Giant Meatball
04-24-2011, 01:28 PM
"I like this Matt Cassel" /Gruden

Dave Lane
04-24-2011, 01:30 PM
Not mine. Our Qb situation is just like WR. Bowe and nothing. Cassel and nothing.

And I'm not comparing Bowe and Cassel just saying the cabinet is bare behind them and qb is way more important you can pick up a WR on occasion that's a #2.

Posted via Mobile Device

Reerun_KC
04-24-2011, 01:33 PM
Ah, gotta love this time of the year. Love having the message board NFL experts in full bloom...

Easy 6
04-24-2011, 01:37 PM
Ah, gotta love this time of the year. Love having the message board NFL experts in full bloom...

Look at it this way, atleast were talking about football... not Hooties STD's, CC's big intraweb penis & why is Wendler banned.

Pasta Giant Meatball
04-24-2011, 01:43 PM

Who knows? Maybe Mecca will show up and "bless" us with a bunch more failed predictions.

BossChief
04-24-2011, 01:46 PM

Again, you are using a truism. If he was a different player then we'd think of him differently. Thanks, Madden.

I think you are misinterpreting what I'm saying/ the point I'm making. I'm not defending Cassel, I'm saying that his age is a big part of why the move was a mistake. Drafting Stanzi would be like extending that "window"

I'm saying that Stanzi is very close to being a Cassel clone, but is only 22/23.

Reerun_KC
04-24-2011, 01:59 PM
Look at it this way, atleast were talking about football... not Hooties STD's, CC's big intraweb penis & why is Wendler banned.

:hmmm: Valid points!

Reerun_KC
04-24-2011, 02:01 PM
Who knows? Maybe Mecca will show up and "bless" us with a bunch more failed predictions.

Only if we can be so lucky...

T-post Tom
04-24-2011, 02:21 PM

you just got up too early.

Reerun_KC
04-24-2011, 02:26 PM
I for one am very excited about this draft (if we even have a season). More excited to see what pieces are added to this team and if we can push for the playoffs again.

I know, being optimistic about the Chiefs isnt cool, but ITS been along time since it looked this promising.

cdcox
04-24-2011, 03:44 PM
I think you are misinterpreting what I'm saying/ the point I'm making. I'm not defending Cassel, I'm saying that his age is a big part of why the move was a mistake. Drafting Stanzi would be like extending that "window"

I'm saying that Stanzi is very close to being a Cassel clone, but is only 22/23.

If football players never aged and could keep playing season after season progressing each year, I don't believe Cassel would ever crack the top 8 QBs out of the guys playing right now.

BossChief
04-24-2011, 04:22 PM
If football players never aged and could keep playing season after season progressing each year, I don't believe Cassel would ever crack the top 8 QBs out of the guys playing right now.

It was plain as day that he improved drastically from week one to week 16 while in NE in 2008.

He regressed in 2009 for us with no position specific coaching and a poor roster overall and then in 2010 he showed to start ascending again under Weis and with adding a couple more weapons at his disposal.

I think its not very fair to think he wont continue to improve under Zorn.

Id love to see what Cassel/Stanzi could do with years of Zorn/Haleys coaching and an improved roster.

If Cassel hits an obvious ceiling, there is a backup/fallback plan.

For anyone to act like they know what Cassel/Stanzis ceilings are at this point is giving jaded opinions.

I think the real talking point is which one has a higher ceiling and for how long can that be utilized to our teams advantage?

Chiefshrink
04-24-2011, 04:28 PM
We need a QB since we don't have backup QBs

And just as important is always trying to make sure you have 'legit' competition going on especially at the QB position when the QB you have shows severe inconsistency from week to week. Cassel never has had to sweat to keep his job and especially since he signed for 60 mil. I think a promising "young pup" QB this yr makes sure that Cassel will focus and be more consistent.:thumb:

JASONSAUTO
04-24-2011, 04:29 PM
Parcells is going to do an interview on camera with an actual draft board in the background?

I find that highly unlikely.

Smoke and mirrors.

I saw the same thing. Parcells works for espn now it seems.

He also said something about a hypothetical trade.

Threw out a couple of numbers. Just so happened to be 21 moving up to 13 I guess......
Posted via Mobile Device

Chocolate Hog
04-24-2011, 04:30 PM
They all are such great leaders and love football that none have organized a team workout during the lockout.

BossChief
04-24-2011, 04:32 PM
They all are such great leaders and love football that none have organized a team workout during the lockout.

wrong

Chocolate Hog
04-24-2011, 04:33 PM
wrong

Care to explain? There have been none organized you are wrong.

cdcox
04-24-2011, 04:48 PM
For anyone to act like they know what Cassel/Stanzis ceilings are at this point is giving jaded opinions.

I think the real talking point is which one has a higher ceiling and for how long can that be utilized to our teams advantage?

I'd be willing to give Stanzi a chance, no problem with that. I think it is unfair to saddle him with any kind of association with Cassel. If we draft him, let him be his own man and write his own book.

Cassel has looked good on occasion, but I just don't think he can sustain it. I never did. He wrote his own book.

MDHQ
04-24-2011, 04:52 PM
Drafting for character is always risky. You can't ignore pure talent advantages

Chocolate Hog
04-24-2011, 04:53 PM
Stanzi fucking sucks.

milkman
04-24-2011, 05:01 PM

At some point, you do have to go after that player that has the potential to put you over the top, but also has the potential to create distractions.

But establishing a core group of team leaders with focus gives you the opportunity to to minimize any distractions.

Reerun_KC
04-24-2011, 05:01 PM
It was plain as day that he improved drastically from week one to week 16 while in NE in 2008.

He regressed in 2009 for us with no position specific coaching and a poor roster overall and then in 2010 he showed to start ascending again under Weis and with adding a couple more weapons at his disposal.

I think its not very fair to think he wont continue to improve under Zorn.

Id love to see what Cassel/Stanzi could do with years of Zorn/Haleys coaching and an improved roster.

If Cassel hits an obvious ceiling, there is a backup/fallback plan.

You will learn that there are no such thing as opinions, just opinions spewed at fact on CP...

Reerun_KC
04-24-2011, 05:02 PM

Agree to a point, There is always advantages to both. One would think you have to have balance between the two..

milkman
04-24-2011, 05:03 PM
You will learn that there are no such thing as opinions, just opinions spewed at fact on CP...

No dumbass.

When someone discusses their opinion, it should be understood that it is only opinion.

But what we've learned is that dumbasses like you can't understand that.

Reerun_KC
04-24-2011, 05:05 PM
No dumbass.

When someone discusses their opinion, it should be understood that it is only opinion.

But what we've learned is that dumbasses like you can't understand that.

Yawn.... good try old timer...

You of all people should freaking know better.. We hear the same shit from the same shit spewers each year while they are proven wrong time after time...

milkman
04-24-2011, 05:09 PM
Yawn.... good try old timer...

You of all people should freaking know better.. We hear the same shit from the same shit spewers each year while they are proven wrong time after time...

Every one has been proven wrong here.

What's your point?

Deberg_1990
04-24-2011, 05:11 PM
I know, being optimistic about the Chiefs isnt cool, but ITS been along time since it looked this promising.

You have no place on this board with offensive comments like that. : )

Reerun_KC
04-24-2011, 05:13 PM
You have no place on this board with offensive comments like that. : )

:hmmm:

Okay, I will start my "I'm leaving forever" thread now...:huh:

Deberg_1990
04-24-2011, 05:15 PM
:hmmm:

Okay, I will start my "I'm leaving forever" thread now...:huh:

I actually agree with you. Ive stayed out of most of the draft and Cassel discussion this year because its gotten old and ive grown tired of the same old merry go round.

Some people wont every be happy.

Reerun_KC
04-24-2011, 05:18 PM
I actually agree with you. Ive stayed out of most of the draft and Cassel discussion this year because its gotten old and ive grown tired of the same old merry go round.

Some people wont every be happy.

I actually have as well... with the season on the brink, I just havent spent the time reading up on the latest draft pics... Or going over hours and hours of film like Dane does each year.

Actually, I am taking the waiting and hopefully being surprised approach to this years draft.

Damn another Tornado on the ground in Oklahoma...

Chocolate Hog
04-24-2011, 05:20 PM
I actually have as well... with the season on the brink, I just havent spent the time reading up on the latest draft pics... Or going over hours and hours of film like Dane does each year.

Actually, I am taking the waiting and hopefully being surprised approach to this years draft.

Damn another Tornado on the ground in Oklahoma...

Well fuck man Meccas PM box is just a few clicks away why not submit your questions about the players in the draft to him?

BossChief
04-24-2011, 05:35 PM
Well fuck man Meccas PM box is just a few clicks away why not submit your questions about the players in the draft to him?

haha

Dude pmed me during last years CP mock a bunch of times asking me my opinions on what players I would take for his teams....I wonder if I still have those or if Ive cleared them by now.

It is a shame that he doesnt post here anymore though, he was wrong a lot but at leaast he offered good conversation points to discussions.

Just Passin' By
04-24-2011, 06:30 PM

Drafting for anything specific is always risky, because the draft itself is as much art as science. Drafting for talent gets you Ryan Leaf, Pacman Jones and Aqib Talib.

keg in kc
04-24-2011, 07:08 PM
We already have Stanzi, just a 29-year old one. I'd call him Ricky Cassel but that's an insult to Nathan Fillion.

KC native
04-24-2011, 09:26 PM
If we go qb, it better be Andy Dalton in the 2nd. Kid has a ton of character despite being a ginger.

JASONSAUTO
04-24-2011, 11:02 PM
haha

Dude pmed me during last years CP mock a bunch of times asking me my opinions on what players I would take for his teams....I wonder if I still have those or if Ive cleared them by now.

It is a shame that he doesnt post here anymore though, he was wrong a lot but at leaast he offered good conversation points to discussions.
You better watch out.

You get that it's not cool around here to share PM's, right?
Bannable offense IIRC
Posted via Mobile Device

Count Alex's Wins
04-25-2011, 12:06 AM

Yea, it was bad but not even in the zip code of players like Victor Riley, Trezell Jenkins, Harvey fucking worthless Williams, Blackledge, bla bla bla..

WRONG.

Victor Riley started almost 100 games in his career. Ryan Sims got hurt as a rookie but had a decent season in his second year and was a fulltime starter.

Tyson Jackson got dumped to the bench by a veteran journeyman who wasn't even playing his natural position.

Tyson Jackson is a big fat nothing right now. And for what he is being paid...http://i51.tinypic.com/34s0brp.jpg