PDA

View Full Version : Food and Drink Dessert Warfare: Round 1, Match 2

Rain Man
04-24-2011, 11:32 AM
Pick one from each pairing.

Note that this is not voting for your "normal favorite". In every match, imagine that you're in a restaurant right at this moment, and the menu has only those two dessert items. Pick the dessert that you would order right now, not the dessert that you would "typically order".

patteeu
04-24-2011, 11:41 AM
I don't know what Huckleberry Delight tastes like, but it sounds good so it got my vote.

So did Banana Cream pie, Cherry pie, and in a contest between two I was indifferent about, Lemon cake.

Old Dog
04-24-2011, 11:42 AM
chocolate pudding, cheesecake, cherry pie, lemon cake for me

KurtCobain
04-24-2011, 11:43 AM
I like me some pudding.

alnorth
04-24-2011, 11:45 AM
pudding, huckleberry, cherry pie w ice cream, sundae

Shockingly bad luck that the apple pie with ice cream had to face his twin brother in the early rounds. Hopefully the pie that falls will clean up in the loser's bracket.

BigMeatballDave
04-24-2011, 11:48 AM
I skipped Match-up 2. I enjoy my cheesecake plain. Raspberries are Satan's fruit. Puke.

KurtCobain
04-24-2011, 11:52 AM
So everything nominated is in this, right?

HonestChieffan
04-24-2011, 11:59 AM
Raspberry and Chocolate seems to me a sinister plot by evil foodies. Raspberries bring back screaming bad memories of tonsillitis, Memorial Hospital, and this huge nurseperson who forced me to take some syrup flavored like raspberries. I hope she collapsed in a stairwell and suffered every bounce.

Chocolate is a gift, proof of a higher power, represents good and right.

BigMeatballDave
04-24-2011, 12:29 PM
Anything with Raspberries winning would be akin to Bob Dylan winning the Rock n Roll poll.

Reaper16
04-24-2011, 12:38 PM
Chocolate Pudding (I'm assuming a really good one and not a cup of Dole), Chocolate-Raspberry Cheesecake, Apple Pie, Lemon Cake

DeezNutz
04-24-2011, 12:46 PM
It's a fucking embarrassment that chocolate pudding is even remotely close to banana cream pie in this poll.

BigMeatballDave
04-24-2011, 12:49 PM
It's a fucking embarrassment that chocolate pudding is even remotely close to banana cream pie in this poll.I'm partly to blame. I thought it said Banana pudding, so I selected Chocolate. I like Banana Cream Pie more.

BigMeatballDave
04-24-2011, 12:50 PM
Seeing shitberry winning infuriates me.

DeezNutz
04-24-2011, 12:51 PM
Yeah, chocolate pudding would hand banana pudding its ass.

Rain Man
04-24-2011, 12:53 PM
So everything nominated is in this, right?

After significant consulting with the judging committee, I gave you candied bacon as a nominee, but the chicken hearts and lamb hearts and other bacon-wrapped cakes were deemed to be pranks as opposed to legitimate desserts. The judging committee passed along their thanks to you for your nominations, however.

Rain Man
04-24-2011, 12:56 PM
pudding, huckleberry, cherry pie w ice cream, sundae

Shockingly bad luck that the apple pie with ice cream had to face his twin brother in the early rounds. Hopefully the pie that falls will clean up in the loser's bracket.

The cherry pie/apple pie matchup was indeed an odd coincidence. It's like that Star Trek episode where Captain Kirk had to fight an alien version of himself that was identical but with blue skin.*

* I don't know if this was really a Star Trek episode or not, but it seems like it would've been one.

Rain Man
04-24-2011, 01:00 PM
I went with pudding because if you're offered a piece of pie and it turns out to be banana cream, you're going to be disappointed.

While huckleberry delight sounds good, I don't know what huckleberries taste like, and when ordering something important like dessert I don't like to take chances. That and the fact that raspberry chocolate cheesecake could be my #1 dessert made this an easy choice for cheesecake.

I'm indifferent toward both cherry pie and apple pie, and the lattice and ice cream are obviously neutral in this case. I went apple but it was more or less random.

I LOVE lemon cake and I'm a big fan of butterscotch sundaes. Two worthy contenders, but I LOVE lemon cake.

cdcox
04-24-2011, 01:47 PM
I LOVE lemon cake and I'm a big fan of butterscotch sundaes. Two worthy contenders, but I LOVE lemon cake.

I always enjoy lemon cake when I eat it. It's really good. But I would rarely order it over something else. I never get a wild craving for it either.

As an aside, there are these lemon cookies that are made from a lemon cake mix that are out of this world. Chewy moist and lemony. I've never made them, because all my relatives who have ever made them say they are a real pain to make (I guess the dough is really sticky). Plus I hate making cookies. But those lemon cookies are really good.

http://lh3.ggpht.com/_Ty8NBvvZcik/S_rn9O8Y6OI/AAAAAAAAJnk/6VmRlZifQeA/IMG_4297.JPG

Rain Man
04-24-2011, 02:05 PM
I always enjoy lemon cake when I eat it. It's really good. But I would rarely order it over something else. I never get a wild craving for it either.

As an aside, there are these lemon cookies that are made from a lemon cake mix that are out of this world. Chewy moist and lemony. I've never made them, because all my relatives who have ever made them say they are a real pain to make (I guess the dough is really sticky). Plus I hate making cookies. But those lemon cookies are really good.

Mmmm, looks good. I love any type of dessert that's lemon.

I was trying to figure if Bundt cake is a separate entry from cake, and decided that it wasn't. My mother made a lemon bundt cake that had lemon icing drizzled down it that was awesome. I think it was straight from a mix, but that didn't make it any less awesome. In fact, it might have made it more awesome because it was so easy to make.

cdcox
04-24-2011, 02:10 PM
Mmmm, looks good. I love any type of dessert that's lemon.

I was trying to figure if Bundt cake is a separate entry from cake, and decided that it wasn't. My mother made a lemon bundt cake that had lemon icing drizzled down it that was awesome. I think it was straight from a mix, but that didn't make it any less awesome. In fact, it might have made it more awesome because it was so easy to make.

My wife makes a scratch lemon pound cake that is pretty dang good. She says it is easy to make too. She drizzles this lemon glaze over it that seeps through the cake, in addition to glazing the top. Very intense lemon flavor.

Now I'm sorry I voted for butterscotch sundae.

Rain Man
04-24-2011, 02:15 PM
Now I'm sorry I voted for butterscotch sundae.

I'll offer only a mild rebuke, because butterscotch sundaes are great, too. Two hardworking, underrated desserts we have here.

RockChalk
04-25-2011, 10:16 AM
I don't know what Huckleberry Delight tastes like, but it sounds good so it got my vote.

So did Banana Cream pie, Cherry pie, and in a contest between two I was indifferent about, Lemon cake.

Same.

Banana Cream pie better knock out pudding dammit.

Predarat
04-25-2011, 10:30 AM
Some tough choices, love the cheescake, lemon and cherry pie!

Crush
04-25-2011, 10:48 AM
Please think of the children and vote for Chocolate Pudding.

Stewie
04-25-2011, 11:00 AM
It's been mentioned, but matching up cherry and apple pie in an early round is kind of like having Duke and North Carolina playing in the first round of the NCAA basketball tournament.

Rain Man
04-25-2011, 02:00 PM
In some tightly fought matches in the opening round, pudding, huckleberry delight, cherry pie with lattice, and my beloved lemon cake will absorb losses.

Garcia Bronco
04-25-2011, 03:08 PM
Banana Crem Pie?....fucking commies.