PDA

View Full Version : Other Sports The NBA is still a joke

RedNeckRaider
04-25-2011, 04:40 PM
I am watching the Discovery channel and they are advertising that The Deadliest Catch did better than the NBA playoffs LMAO if a major sport cannot get better ratings for their playoffs than a reality show they suck at life~

notorious
04-25-2011, 04:41 PM
Deadliest Catch owns Cable/Dish TV.

BigMeatballDave
04-25-2011, 04:43 PM
The NBA is headed for a Lockout of their own.

Thig Lyfe
04-25-2011, 04:44 PM
Good thread.

RedNeckRaider
04-25-2011, 04:45 PM
Deadliest Catch owns Cable/Dish TV.

Head to head with a NFL playoff game which one gets better ratings? BTW I enjoy the Deadliest Catch show~

CoMoChief
04-25-2011, 04:45 PM
"No one wants to watch a buncha thugs play street-ball."

- Mother Theresa -

Phobia
04-25-2011, 04:47 PM
I'd rather watch Survivor than the NBA. They have obstacle courses.

RedNeckRaider
04-25-2011, 04:47 PM
Good thread.

Thanks SportsRacer! your approval is very important to me~

notorious
04-25-2011, 04:51 PM
Head to head with a NFL playoff game which one gets better ratings? BTW I enjoy the Deadliest Catch show~

That's not what I was getting at. It baffles me why Deadliest Catch is so popular.

Besides, NFL is National TV, not that I think that matters anymore. I watch National TV probably .0001% of the time offseason.

RedNeckRaider
04-25-2011, 04:54 PM
That's not what I was getting at. It baffles me why Deadliest Catch is so popular.

Besides, NFL is National TV, not that I think that matters anymore. I watch National TV probably .0001% of the time offseason.

I have watched it and enjoyed it. The plot wears thin quickly and the year the captain of one of the ships died is the only time I watched regular~

SNR
04-25-2011, 04:59 PM
Couple of things:

1. It's the first round. Even the most diehard NBA fans don't give a shit about Game 3 of Bulls/Pacers or even a premiere matchup like Thunder/Nuggets.

2. Like I said, there are at least four games per series. If each game was life or death like the NFL, I guarantee you'd see a different set of ratings. Not suggesting the NBA should go to that model, I'm just saying it would be a different story in terms of ratings. If a game 7 from this first round shows up alongside a popular cable show like Deadliest Catch, let's see how the ratings fare.

3. Comparing ANY non-football sport to the NFL is dumb. How did the MLB playoffs go? They probably sucked more than the NBA. I know Game 7 of the NHL finals got beat out by Build A Better Burger on Food Network years ago. Yet I don't ever see threads like "Har har... baseball and hockey suck. Football rulez!"

4. The "College basketball is real basketball crowd" (whoever/wherever you guys are) can suck on my penis. Not directed at you, RedNeckRaider. I'm just saying that.

RedNeckRaider
04-25-2011, 05:02 PM
Couple of things:

1. It's the first round. Even the most diehard NBA fans don't give a shit about Game 3 of Bulls/Pacers or even a premiere matchup like Thunder/Nuggets.

2. Like I said, there are at least four games per series. If each game was life or death like the NFL, I guarantee you'd see a different set of ratings. Not suggesting the NBA should go to that model, I'm just saying it would be a different story in terms of ratings. If a game 7 from this first round shows up alongside a popular cable show like Deadliest Catch, let's see how the ratings fare.

3. Comparing ANY non-football sport to the NFL is dumb. How did the MLB playoffs go? They probably sucked more than the NBA. I know Game 7 of the NHL finals got beat out by Build A Better Burger on Food Network years ago. Yet I don't ever see threads like "Har har... baseball and hockey suck. Football rulez!"

4. The "College basketball is real basketball crowd" (whoever/wherever you guys are) can suck on my penis. Not directed at you, RedNeckRaider. I'm just saying that.

They still play pro baseball??? wow...does it still suck?

SNR
04-25-2011, 05:13 PM
They still play pro baseball??? wow...does it still suck?I've never been that big of a fan of it. I do know that the Royals still do, in fact, suck. In spite of their surprisingly not putrid record.

RedNeckRaider
04-25-2011, 05:17 PM
I've never been that big of a fan of it. I do know that the Royals still do, in fact, suck. In spite of their surprisingly not putrid record.

As far as baseball and basketball I don't watch them at any level less going to a couple of semi pro Kinston Indian games last year~

Archie F. Swin
04-25-2011, 05:21 PM
and the Thunder rolls...

DaKCMan AP
04-25-2011, 05:25 PM
He's a raiduh fan and, thus, sucks at life.

58-4ever
04-25-2011, 05:26 PM
and the Thunder rolls...

First of all, Kewl thread dude! :thumb: This is actually one of the most entertaining and story filled NBA playoffs that I can remember. It's always fun when you have a changing of the guard. Elite teams like the Celtics and Lakers are starting to lose ground to young and exciting teams like the Bulls and Thunder.

Thunder Up Son!!

SNR
04-25-2011, 05:28 PM
and the Thunder rolls...And that's sometimes the bitch of it all. Everybody said there were only a handful of teams that would roll through the series: Bulls, Lakers, Spurs. With the exception of the Spurs who haven't had a chance (they play Game 4 tonight) the previous two teams haven't closed up business. And obviously the Spurs are in deep enough doo-doo tonight as it is.

Meanwhile the Celtics just swept the Knicks. Those same Celtics who were weak, old, and just managed to limp out of the regular season. The Thunder are up 3-0 and could very possibly take the series tonight. Those are two teams that everybody thought would be in a dogfight for their lives in the first round, yet they could possibly (and probably will) be the first two teams to clinch spots in the second round.

58-4ever
04-25-2011, 05:30 PM
And as a Thunder fan, I'm not sure if I want the Grizzlies or the Spurs in the second round. Either way, I think that series is going seven. So hopefully the Thunder can close tonight and get a little break.

RedNeckRaider
04-25-2011, 05:39 PM
He's a raiduh fan and, thus, sucks at life.

You are right if I had a show it would most likely lose out to the Deadliest Catch also~

SNR
04-25-2011, 05:44 PM
You are right if I had a show it would most likely lose out to the Deadliest Catch also~If you find your weirdest item and take to to Vegas, I'm sure you could get on an episode of Pawn Stars. That would probably be able to take out Deadliest Catch

RedNeckRaider
04-25-2011, 05:46 PM
If you find your weirdest item and take to to Vegas, I'm sure you could get on an episode of Pawn Stars. That would probably be able to take out Deadliest Catch

There is hope I guess ;)