PDA

View Full Version : The Chiefs want to trade up for Julio Jones?

MoreLemonPledge
04-26-2011, 03:52 PM
Just read this in the latest Walter mock. Not sure if it's been discussed, but it's the first I've heard of it.

http://walterfootball.com/draft2011_2.php

I just learned that the Chiefs want to trade up for Julio Jones. I don't know if that'll be possible. If they can't get the Alabama wideout, they may target Leonard Hankerson in Round 2.

A list of players who have lined up across from Dwayne Bowe this season: Chris Chambers, Terrance Copper and Verran Tucker. Bleh. The Chiefs have shown interest in Hankerson.

Not sure what it would take, but I've absolutely loved Julio Jones since he was a freshman.

DJ's left nut
04-26-2011, 03:53 PM
That would be awesome.

Alas, I have no idea how they'd do it. They probably shouldn't be dealing away draft picks and they certainly don't have enough trade-able talent on the current roster.

ChiefMojo
04-26-2011, 04:03 PM
I would be all for Julio, but man it would go against the norm for Pioli. We would have to be giving up quite a bit to move up to get him. Even then I would assume the Chiefs would only make this move if he fell back to #10 or so.

Detoxing
04-26-2011, 04:30 PM
Repost.

but fuck it, it might as well have its own thread.

I can't find anything else on it other than that Walterfootball quote. I came across an NFL.com article that mentioned the Chiefs were looking heavily at AJ Green, Julio Jones and Torrey Smith. Wasn't anything substantial and could just be speculation.

Rain Man
04-26-2011, 04:39 PM
If we're going to trade up, he's the one to go for.

Tribal Warfare
04-26-2011, 04:48 PM
Who believes that information like this would actually be factual since it's being leaked from "Fort Arrowhead"? I don't at all

Jerm
04-26-2011, 04:49 PM
If we're going to try and trade up for JJ, I say go all out and go up even further and get Green.

I think if we wanted Jones we'd have to get up in the top 7 or 8...if we can get that high why not go a not further and get Green.

Jones would be worth it though too.

Brock
04-26-2011, 04:56 PM
No shot at that.

Fritz88
04-26-2011, 04:57 PM
Pioli won't trade up.

DA_T_84
04-26-2011, 05:00 PM
Jesus. What would that cost; to move from 21 to, say, 7? I don't have the value chart on hand...

Just a guess without the chart...
-pick 21
- this years 2nd
- this years extra 5th
- next years 3rd

MoreLemonPledge
04-26-2011, 05:18 PM
Jesus. What would that cost; to move from 21 to, say, 7? I don't have the value chart on hand...

-pick 21
- this years 2nd
- this years extra 5th
- next years 3rd

Maybe, but remember the charts aren't necessarily accurate since next year's draft is still up in the air.

Detoxing
04-26-2011, 05:34 PM

-pick 21
- this years 2nd
- this years extra 5th
- next years 3rd

I doubt they'd trade up to 7 to get him. I think this is more of a hypothetical "in case he falls to 12-13" kinda deal.

Detoxing
04-26-2011, 05:34 PM
Pioli won't trade up.

He also would never draft a S in the top 5.

C'mon, you knew it was coming.

Mr. Laz
04-26-2011, 05:37 PM
Pioli won't trade up.
this ... would be shocked if we did

Detoxing
04-26-2011, 05:40 PM
this ... would be shocked if we did

I wouldn't.

Pioli is going to grab the guy his coach wants. And if Haley has a hard on for Jones, I think they'd at least try.

Not saying they could pull it off....that's a lot to give up.

Mr. Laz
04-26-2011, 05:45 PM
I wouldn't.

Pioli is going to grab the guy his coach wants. And if Haley has a hard on for Jones, I think they'd at least try.

Not saying they could pull it off....that's a lot to give up.
what makes you think Pioli is a guy that goes after the "guy his coach wants"?

imo Pioli is a guy who asks his coach what "type" of guy he wants and then takes over and makes the decision about who to draft himself.

I think Pioli is much more of a trade down guy ... not trade up. He saves the trading up for the later rounds.

DA_T_84
04-26-2011, 05:48 PM
I wouldn't be surprised at all if we took Torrey Smith in the first, to be honest.

Detoxing
04-26-2011, 05:49 PM

imo Pioli is a guy who asks his coach what "type" of guy he wants and then takes over and makes the decision about who to draft himself.

I think Pioli is much more of a trade down guy ... not trade up. He saves the trading up for the later rounds.

I dont think he's a trade up or trade down kinda guy.

I think he's a "we found the guy we want, so lets go get him" kinda guy.

Detoxing
04-26-2011, 05:54 PM
I wouldn't be surprised at all if we took Torrey Smith in the first, to be honest.

I was high on smith initially, but the more I watch his highlights, the more I wanna shy away from him.

He's a body catcher. He lets the ball into his body too often. I also never see him really fight for the ball. He seems to like to let it fall into his arms. I think that'll be an issue in the NFL.

Tribal Warfare
04-26-2011, 05:59 PM
I dont think he's a trade up or trade down kinda guy.

I think he's a "we found the guy we want, so lets go get him" kinda guy.

or he's the type that's achieving exactly what's occurring now, which is trying to keep everyone guessing.

Hog Farmer
04-26-2011, 06:06 PM
This is a waste of a thread. Pioli in not about to sacrifice any draft picks to move up.

Hog Farmer
04-26-2011, 06:07 PM
or he's the type that's achieving exactly what's occurring now, which is trying to keep everyone guessing.

Which will maybe make someone else have to trade up.

Mr. Laz
04-26-2011, 06:18 PM
Which will maybe make someone else have to trade up.
because Pioli usually looks to trade down ... not up

CoMoChief
04-26-2011, 06:25 PM
WTF does he know? The Chiefs (Pioli) are the least transparent front officer in the NFL it seems at times.

But I wouldn't mind this at all. Because let's face it....this is a horrible draft with exception of a handful of players, Jones being one of them. I'd rather trade picks in a not so deep draft and draft Jones.

However we also desperately need OL, OLB, and NT

Saccopoo
04-26-2011, 06:28 PM
because Pioli usually looks to trade down ... not up

No, no...Pioli is a up man. Two straight drafts in a row he's moved up for offensive players.

I can see this thing happening.

I'm sure Haley is envisioning a Boldin/Fitz type of duo with Bowe and Jones. And with Jones' willingness to block downfield on runs, we'd have three stellar second level lead blockers in Bowe, Moeaki and Jones.

It's going to cost us a couple of picks, but Jones is one of those rare talents that necessitates a roll of the dice to acquire.

Depending on where Green goes, I think that the Chiefs will have to move up into the Browns spot to acquire Jones. That's going to cost at least a 2nd and a 3/4 as well as a first next year or a potential player trade.

However, if he's "the guy," I don't see a problem with that. It's not like we have a ton of talent at the position outside of Bowe.

milkman
04-26-2011, 06:33 PM
No, no...Pioli is a up man. Two straight drafts in a row he's moved up for offensive players.

I'm sure Haley is envisioning a Boldin/Fitz type of duo with Bowe and Jones. And with Jones' willingness to block downfield on runs, we'd have three stellar second level lead blockers in Bowe, Moeaki and Jones.

It's going to cost us a couple of picks, but Jones is one of those rare talents that necessitates a roll of the dice to acquire.

Depending on where Green goes, I think that the Chiefs will have to move up into the Browns spot to acquire Jones. That's going to cost at least a 2nd and a 3/4 as well as a first next year or a potential player trade.

However, if he's "the guy," I don't see a problem with that. It's not like we have a ton of talent at the position outside of Bowe.

How is that you don't know that players can not be traded in this draft?

Tribal Warfare
04-26-2011, 06:35 PM
WTF does he know? The Chiefs (Pioli) are the least transparent front officer in the NFL it seems at times.

But I wouldn't mind this at all. Because let's face it....this is a horrible draft with exception of a handful of players, Jones being one of them. I'd rather trade picks in a not so deep draft and draft Jones.

However we also desperately need QB, OL, OLB, and NT

FYP

keg in kc
04-26-2011, 06:52 PM
You can file this one with bigfoot and roswell.

DA_T_84
04-26-2011, 07:06 PM

not sure if real then...

Hog Farmer
04-26-2011, 07:14 PM

You shipdit! We can find a serviceable receiver in round 2 that happens to have a mom and dad and be a team captain!

the Talking Can
04-26-2011, 07:15 PM
i'm going to assume this franchise isn't fucking stupid enough to trade next year's first for anything that isn't a QB....

and I'm pretty sure they read saccofbats post and do the opposite, so we're good on that score....

DA_T_84
04-26-2011, 07:17 PM
You shipdit! We can find a serviceable receiver in round 2 that happens to have a mom and dad and be a team captain!

...also not sure if real...

Count Zarth
04-26-2011, 07:21 PM
His PFW report is glowing with attractive phrases. I would honestly move someone like Carr + picks if that's what it took to go get this kid.

Positives: Looks like he was chiseled to be an NFL receiver — has prototypical size with long arms and a defined musculature. Deceptive vertical speed and short-area burst (broad-jumped 11 feet, 3 inches at the Combine). Extremely competitive. Terrific football temperament. Very physically and mentally tough — plays with a chip on his shoulder and battles through pain, playing through injuries that very few would have. Powers off the line, can separate with speed and savvy and climb defensive backs. Very physical runner after the catch — drops his shoulder and brandishes a wicked stiff-arm. Does not go down without a fight and sometimes requires a herd of defenders to bring him down. Very good run strength and competitive playing speed — took a reverse for a 56-yard TD against Mississippi State and ran through and away from defenders. Competes for the ball in traffic and shows great concentration — excellent catching radius. Can take a lick and hold on to the ball. Has strong hands, can make one-handed snags (see San Jose State), attacks the ball in the air and routinely makes difficult catches look easy. Well-versed in a pro-style offense and ran an NFL route tree — understands how to read coverage, sift through zones and uncover. Aggressive, physical blocker — erases cornerbacks. Outstanding work ethic — takes great pride in his craft. Interviewed very well at the Combine — is a very grounded, mature, unselfish team player.

Negatives: A bit tight-hipped and straight-linish with noticeable body stiffness. Is not overly sudden off the line of scrimmage and struggles some trying to beat press coverage against big cornerbacks — see LSU vs. Patrick Peterson (although he was playing the second half of the season with a broken hand). Is not elusive in the open field, often slamming directly into contact. Has been injured every year in college and will have more difficulty staying healthy for the length of an NFL season given his aggressive style of play and overall tightness. Could get in and out of breaks more quickly. Inconsistent connecting as a blocker. Struggled with drops earlier in his career and has been contained vs. Florida the past two seasons and against Texas in the BCS championship game. Injury history needs to be evaluated.

Summary: A very physical West Coast receiver who showed he could dominate against the big boys from the time he stepped on campus and will walk into an NFL starting lineup from Day One and make an immediate, playmaking impact. Can hold down a No. 1 receiving job and become a premier, Pro Bowl-caliber NFL pass catcher if he can manage to stay healthy. Would be an excellent fit for the Redskins, Ravens or 49ers. Long-term durability is the only notable concern.

DTLB58
04-26-2011, 07:23 PM
Who believes that information like this would actually be factual since it's being leaked from "Fort Arrowhead"? I don't at all

Ditto :thumb:

milkman
04-26-2011, 07:29 PM
His PFW report is glowing with attractive phrases. I would honestly move someone like Carr + picks if that's what it took to go get this kid.

:facepalm:

Hog Farmer
04-26-2011, 07:34 PM

Umm, we have the makings of a playoff caliber secondary. This wouldn't be a good idea.

Count Zarth
04-26-2011, 07:35 PM
Umm, we have the makings of a playoff caliber secondary. This wouldn't be a good idea.

Fat lot of good that did us against Baltimore.

milkman
04-26-2011, 07:38 PM
Fat lot of good that did us against Baltimore.

And it just doesn't matter.

You can't fucking trade players in this year's draft.

Bewbies
04-26-2011, 07:42 PM
I have no idea why people are so hellbent on trading rising stars in the NFL for a draft pick.

The Poz
04-26-2011, 07:47 PM
And it just doesn't matter.

You can't ****ing trade players in this year's draft.

If the lockout could miraculously be resolved by Thursday could players be traded?

notorious
04-26-2011, 07:47 PM

So you are telling us that this is REAL/teedubya

JASONSAUTO
04-26-2011, 07:48 PM
Idiocy to trade carr.
Posted via Mobile Device

milkman
04-26-2011, 07:51 PM
If the lockout could miraculously be resolved by Thursday could players be traded?

I would assume so.

But don't hold your breath.

ChiefsCountry
04-26-2011, 07:54 PM
Idiocy to trade carr.
Posted via Mobile Device

Pretty stupid to trade our best corner.

Chiefs Pantalones
04-26-2011, 07:55 PM
Either way, we need to come out with a dang good WR in this draft.

Mr. Laz
04-26-2011, 07:56 PM
what round did he trade up in?

JASONSAUTO
04-26-2011, 08:03 PM
what round did he trade up in?

Moeaki.
Posted via Mobile Device

JASONSAUTO
04-26-2011, 08:04 PM

They are both ascending
Posted via Mobile Device

DeezNutz
04-26-2011, 08:08 PM
Carr is very good, but he's not our best corner. When healthy, Flowers has superior instincts, though Carr is the better physical specimen.

I do take a lot of solace in the fact that so many were killing him in '10, while a few defended him...

JASONSAUTO
04-26-2011, 08:11 PM
Carr is very good, but he's not our best corner. When healthy, Flowers has superior instincts, though Carr is the better physical specimen.

I do take a lot of solace in the fact that so many were killing him in '10, while a few defended him...
Carr may well be by the end of the season.

I have always had a spot for him. I wanted drc that year and got small school carr instead
Posted via Mobile Device

Mr. Laz
04-26-2011, 08:30 PM
Moeaki.
Posted via Mobile Device
yes, which was round 3 and is basically what i said.

Saccop edited my post to eliminate that part.

ChiefsCountry
04-26-2011, 08:45 PM
I bet we trade up for Luke Stocker then.

Chiefshrink
04-26-2011, 08:55 PM
If we're going to try and trade up for JJ, I say go all out and go up even further and get Green.

I think if we wanted Jones we'd have to get up in the top 7 or 8...if we can get that high why not go a not further and get Green.

Jones would be worth it though too.

We would have to at least get ahead of StL. Needs better hands though and the last thing we need is additional Bowe disease. Athletic talent doesn't mean jack if you can't catch.

SNR
04-26-2011, 10:02 PM
Bowe and Jones would be schweeeet.

Too bad we don't have a Kurt Warner

LiL stumppy
04-26-2011, 10:10 PM
Yes, lets draft another reciver that has drop problems in the first, and trade away another early pick, because WR is the only hole this team has.

And still have an awful QB throwing to Bowe and Jones. Brilliant

HighChief
04-26-2011, 10:20 PM

I think we are all dumber for having read this post!ROFL

Reaper16
04-26-2011, 10:21 PM
Julio is a fucking awesome player. I think he's going to be money as a pro. I'm not sure the Chiefs should trade up to get him, though.

Chiefs=Good
04-26-2011, 11:54 PM
For the opposite senario, the Steelers are apparently looking to trade up for Pouncey...

B_Ambuehl
04-27-2011, 12:10 AM

Don't forget the investment Pioli has in Casshole. A GM coming in and having a hand picked QB fall dead on their face is a significant nego on their administration and most of them will do whatever they possibly can to try to make them look good.

Saccopoo
04-27-2011, 12:23 AM
How is that you don't know that players can not be traded in this draft?

I do.

Oh, I see where you are coming from...you are concerned about your flock of sheep and want to make sure that they get it from an absolute literal perspective.

I know it's hard for you, and if it's hard for you then it's fucking quantum physics for the idiots that live and breath on your succinct posts.

I figured that the conjunctive word "or" was enough...

Apparently not.

Bump
04-27-2011, 12:28 AM
that would be awesome, but Julio Jones is top 10 material. I can see it happening if he fell to 12 or something like that, but that's a long shot. It would be too expensive probably, but damn Julio Jones is going to be a freaking BEAST, it might be worth it.

Saccopoo
04-27-2011, 12:44 AM
that would be awesome, but Julio Jones is top 10 material. I can see it happening if he fell to 12 or something like that, but that's a long shot. It would be too expensive probably, but damn Julio Jones is going to be a freaking BEAST, it might be worth it.

Fuck yeah it would be awesome. Jones is a fucking man child. With Haley coaching him, he's going to be the Terminator meets James Ryan meets Billy Jack meets RoboCop.

Dude is epic.

Pioli can't draft the second round for shit anyway. That's a fuckin' throw away pick so we might as well fill up the honey pot with one of those. And next years #1? Shit, who knows if we even play? We might as well get a stud for the pick that may or may not exist.

Personally, I'd love them to ratify that collective bargaining bullshit by Wednesday night quitin' time so we can shovel off some of this dead weight that's keeping this franchise down in terms of schemes and shit.

Dorsey, Carr (nice pick C.E., these numbnuts don't understand the trade value of a boom/bust CB - and Carr is that guy. Hell, one game he's getting torched like Joan of Arc, the next he's the spittin' image of Deon Sanders. No consistency and because of that, he's a liability and trade bait), Albert and...shit...that's about all we got. And even Albert ain't worth a used jock in trade. Dorsey or Carr if shit gets ratified. Other than that, give up the picks. Let's get a stud on this team for once.

Saccopoo
04-27-2011, 12:49 AM
Add to the fact that our WR's suck hog balls. This is a no brainer.

http://flybluekite.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/git-r-done.jpg

Reaper16
04-27-2011, 12:49 AM
Dorsey, Carr (nice pick C.E., these numbnuts don't understand the trade value of a boom/bust CB - and Carr is that guy. Hell, one game he's getting torched like Joan of Arc, the next he's the spittin' image of Deon Sanders. No consistency and because of that, he's a liability and trade bait), Albert and...shit...that's about all we got. And even Albert ain't worth a used jock in trade. Dorsey or Carr if shit gets ratified. Other than that, give up the picks. Let's get a stud on this team for once.
http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e57/Thereaper16/lakersfunny.gif

Count Zarth
04-27-2011, 03:25 AM
I didn't say Carr was a liability.

I think he's a good player. Hence his trade value.

If I have a choice between a potential PB CB and a PB WR...give me the PB WR.

I wouldn't trade Dorsey to get Jones. I'd trade DJ but his contract prevents it.

chiefsnorth
04-27-2011, 06:07 AM
Hard to see anyone worth moving up in the first round for in this draft, for us or for anyone else

the Talking Can
04-27-2011, 07:38 AM
how in the name of bleeding jesus do you watch the NFL and come to the conclusion that the key to building a Superbowl team is not a) having a top 10 defense or b) a great QB but rather c) spending multiple first round picks, and trading one of your best defensive players, to acquire a 2nd probowl caliber WR......?

saccofbats makes people stupid just by showing up....

The Bad Guy
04-27-2011, 07:44 AM
**** yeah it would be awesome. Jones is a ****ing man child. With Haley coaching him, he's going to be the Terminator meets James Ryan meets Billy Jack meets RoboCop.

Dude is epic.

Pioli can't draft the second round for shit anyway. That's a ****in' throw away pick so we might as well fill up the honey pot with one of those. And next years #1? Shit, who knows if we even play? We might as well get a stud for the pick that may or may not exist.

Personally, I'd love them to ratify that collective bargaining bullshit by Wednesday night quitin' time so we can shovel off some of this dead weight that's keeping this franchise down in terms of schemes and shit.

Dorsey and Carr are dead weight?

You're right, it's everyone else who's stupid and you are the chosen one.

Dave Lane
04-27-2011, 07:54 AM
FYP

No that would be backup QB. Cassel is adequate.

Chiefnj2
04-27-2011, 08:02 AM
Trade Dorsey or Carr? Just when you think the board has hit an all time high in stupidity, someone has to come along and raise the bar, again.

SNR
04-27-2011, 08:09 AM
http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e57/Thereaper16/lakersfunny.gif
Lamar Odom's expression is priceless

warrior
04-27-2011, 08:12 AM
Trade Dorsey or Carr? Just when you think the board has hit an all time high in stupidity, someone has to come along and raise the bar, again.

This ----its the day before the draft = stupid day.

El Jefe
04-27-2011, 08:23 AM
**** yeah it would be awesome. Jones is a ****ing man child. With Haley coaching him, he's going to be the Terminator meets James Ryan meets Billy Jack meets RoboCop.

Dude is epic.

Pioli can't draft the second round for shit anyway. That's a ****in' throw away pick so we might as well fill up the honey pot with one of those. And next years #1? Shit, who knows if we even play? We might as well get a stud for the pick that may or may not exist.

DA_T_84
04-27-2011, 08:32 AM

America is so fat.

kcbubb
04-27-2011, 09:08 AM
Falcons rumored to want to trade up for Green or JJ.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/04/27/falcons-want-to-trade-up-for-a-j-green-or-julio-jones/

kcbubb
04-27-2011, 09:10 AM
Peter King...

https://twitter.com/#!/SI_PeterKing/statuses/63078089395150848

kcbubb
04-27-2011, 09:27 AM
JJ falls to 12 in this mock.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/auto/09000d5d81f810e2/NFL-Media-Mock-Draft

DaKCMan AP
04-27-2011, 09:27 AM
how in the name of bleeding jesus do you watch the NFL and come to the conclusion that the key to building a Superbowl team is not a) having a top 10 defense or b) a great QB but rather c) spending multiple first round picks, and trading one of your best defensive players, to acquire a 2nd probowl caliber WR......?

saccofbats makes people stupid just by showing up....

OT + WR = THESUPERBOWLZZZ!@!ELEVENTY!!!!`2121111

duh

DaKCMan AP
04-27-2011, 09:30 AM
Falcons rumored to want to trade up for Green or JJ.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/04/27/falcons-want-to-trade-up-for-a-j-green-or-julio-jones/

Damn.. and their WRs already own ours.

Saccopoo
04-27-2011, 01:11 PM
Damn.. and their WRs already own ours.

That's right. They know the power of the receiver and either Jones or Green are freakin' generational level dudes.

Shit away the rest of the draft. I don't care. Ricky Williams this fucker. It's not like anyone past the third round is going to amount to jack shit for this team anyway.

Let's get one of these guys and give Cassel a chance. Give Charles a chance.

To win you got to put points on the board. Having another receiver of the quality of Jones would be huge in taking this offense to the next level. Bowe is already quadruple teamed most of the time because we have no other viable option.

Jones and Bowe? Devastating.

Saccopoo
04-27-2011, 01:14 PM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_FNUO5qLbf3k/TTn_qlWJhbI/AAAAAAAAAFQ/0-3M4OTQ380/s1600/julio_jones.jpg

Look at those arms! The Terminator!

Saccopoo
04-27-2011, 01:19 PM
http://assets.nydailynews.com/img/2011/03/01/420x316-alg_julio_jones.jpg

The Specimen!

Saccopoo
04-27-2011, 01:20 PM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_JGdhsJ5zeKA/TQAbKVgRPHI/AAAAAAAAEM4/wmbFwLT3muw/s1600/Julio+Jones.jpg

C'mon! Seriously! This cat is freaking unreal!

Coogs
04-27-2011, 01:24 PM
That's right. They know the power of the receiver and either Jones or Green are freakin' generational level dudes.

Shit away the rest of the draft. I don't care. Ricky Williams this fucker. It's not like anyone past the third round is going to amount to jack shit for this team anyway.

Let's get one of these guys and give Cassel a chance. Give Charles a chance.

To win you got to put points on the board. Having another receiver of the quality of Jones would be huge in taking this offense to the next level. Bowe is already quadruple teamed most of the time because we have no other viable option.

Jones and Bowe? Devastating.

I could go for this.

Count Zarth
04-27-2011, 01:31 PM
Man crush developing. Look at those striated guns.

The Poz
04-27-2011, 01:36 PM
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/6475/julio-jones

"According to the Cleveland Plain Dealer, the Browns have "amped up efforts" to trade out of the No. 6 spot in the draft.
"We are talking to people about trading. I am not going into any more detail than that," club president Mike Holmgren said. The Plain Dealer suggests that the Texans could be a trade partner if either Patrick Peterson or Von Miller slips to the sixth selection. Houston is known to covet both players, and it's not out of the question that Peterson is available there."

Maybe the Texans aren't the only team Holmgren is chatting with.

Saccopoo
04-27-2011, 01:36 PM
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/50121/juliojones.jpg

Bnnnnnaaaaaannnnnnnnaaaaaaaaaaaa....(my best Bionic Man sound ever)

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3536/3893098112_c3a0b237f7.jpg

Nannnanananananan...Bnaanananananananannaaaaaaa...

Saccopoo
04-27-2011, 01:37 PM
Fuck you linebacker!

http://proprospects.files.wordpress.com/2011/01/julio-jones.jpg

Saccopoo
04-27-2011, 01:38 PM
Fuck you too Safety!

http://www.fanfestsports.com/store/images/julio%20jones%203%20y%20(Small).jpg

MoreLemonPledge
04-27-2011, 01:59 PM
Fuck, this thread just got really weird.

OnTheWarpath58
04-27-2011, 02:34 PM
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/6475/julio-jones

"According to the Cleveland Plain Dealer, the Browns have "amped up efforts" to trade out of the No. 6 spot in the draft.
"We are talking to people about trading. I am not going into any more detail than that," club president Mike Holmgren said. The Plain Dealer suggests that the Texans could be a trade partner if either Patrick Peterson or Von Miller slips to the sixth selection. Houston is known to covet both players, and it's not out of the question that Peterson is available there."

Maybe the Texans aren't the only team Holmgren is chatting with.

If Peterson gets past Denver, Elway is dumber than I thought.

OnTheWarpath58
04-27-2011, 02:34 PM
I'd love to get the kid, but we don't have the ammo necessary to move up that high, and we still have the same fucking holes we had in January, 2009.

Detoxing
04-27-2011, 02:37 PM
****, this thread just got really weird.

LMAO

Urc Burry
04-27-2011, 02:40 PM
I don't buy any of this...although I would like it. Hard to believe any predraft rumors, anyone else remember when the Redskins were taking Berry last year?

Chiefnj2
04-27-2011, 02:43 PM
Take Little and you have a similar player.

OnTheWarpath58
04-27-2011, 02:44 PM

What do you think of Baldwin?

Chiefnj2
04-27-2011, 02:56 PM
What do you think of Baldwin?

Some concern about effort. I understand the QB sucked, but I tried to watch a few Pitt games and at times they didn't even look to him at times. I don't know if it was because the D had a few people on him that you couldn't see on tv, or what the problem was. You'd think "just toss it up to the only potential NFL prospect", but they didn't do that.

Little plays with passion and anger.

Pasta Giant Meatball
04-27-2011, 03:28 PM
I have no idea why people are so hellbent on trading rising stars in the NFL for a draft pick.

Amazing, isn't it?

Pasta Giant Meatball
04-27-2011, 03:29 PM
So you are telling us that this is REAL/teedubya

ROFL

Bewbies
04-27-2011, 03:35 PM
Little plays with passion and anger.

Quotes like this are why I love talking about the draft.

MahiMike
04-27-2011, 04:06 PM
I'd much rather have 2 pro-bowlers out of a draft than 2 starters, 3 bench warmers and 2 that don't make the team. I've never understood why more teams don't trade up. Less is more.

Mr. Laz
04-27-2011, 04:26 PM
i swear that saccopoo and gochiefs could be brothers

DaKCMan AP
04-27-2011, 05:51 PM

To me, Little : Hakeem Nicks :: Jones : Andre Johnson

milkman
04-27-2011, 07:26 PM
I do.

Oh, I see where you are coming from...you are concerned about your flock of sheep and want to make sure that they get it from an absolute literal perspective.

I know it's hard for you, and if it's hard for you then it's ****ing quantum physics for the idiots that live and breath on your succinct posts.

I figured that the conjunctive word "or" was enough...

Apparently not.

I'm not even going to waste any time with you.

I don't believe that you knew, and to try and cover up your dumbassery, you spew this shit.

It's great, dumbass.

You know big words.

You're still a useless idiot.

Detoxing
04-27-2011, 07:35 PM
I'm not even going to waste any time with you.

I don't believe that you knew, and to try and cover up your dumbassery, you spew this shit.

It's great, dumbass.

You know big words.

You're still a useless idiot.

Holy Phuck! Where have you been all day?

milkman
04-27-2011, 08:49 PM
Holy Phuck! Where have you been all day?

Work.

I don't have computer access, or time to dick around on a computer anyway, at work.

Gadzooks
04-27-2011, 09:11 PM
You guys can all go to bed tonight with dreams of sugar plum fairies but it will be a cruel hard reality tomorrow night.

I’m looking forward to it…
:bolts::bolts::bolts:

Chiefs=Good
04-27-2011, 09:13 PM
You guys can all go to bed tonight with dreams of sugar plum fairies but it will be a cruel hard reality tomorrow night.

Oh you and your terrible trolling

Gadzooks
04-27-2011, 09:15 PM
Oh you and your terrible trolling

I don't normally troll but this is a special occasion.

The Bad Guy
04-27-2011, 09:30 PM

Cruel reality how?

Like having a stud QB, once in a lifetime RB and stud TE and ending up with nothing to show for it?

Yes, please bring us back to reality Charger fan.

ChiefsCountry
04-27-2011, 09:33 PM
Cruel reality how?

Like having a stud QB, once in a lifetime RB and stud TE and ending up with nothing to show for it?

No shit. If we had Rivers, good fucking night.

The Bad Guy
04-27-2011, 09:33 PM
I'd love to get the kid, but we don't have the ammo necessary to move up that high, and we still have the same ****ing holes we had in January, 2009.

That's just not true.

You can get a RT in the later rounds. You can get someone like Kendrick Ellis with a 2nd rounder. So basically we'd be light at OLB, but with the zero production we've gotten from Vrabel, virtually anyone is an upgrade.

If we trade up, I don't think there's a chance we include a 2nd rounder.

I just don't get this line of thinking whatsoever.

It's like a lot complain that we don't have stud players. We trade up to potentially get one and it's like "well, we still have holes".

No shit we'd have holes, but our team would still be stronger.

The Bad Guy
04-27-2011, 09:34 PM
No shit. If we had Rivers, good ****ing night.

They are a fucking joke.

They've had the most talent in the NFL at times with jack shit to show. No AFC titles, nothing.

Chargers fans talking shit on anyone makes me laugh.

OnTheWarpath58
04-27-2011, 09:38 PM
That's just not true.

You can get a RT in the later rounds. You can get someone like Kendrick Ellis with a 2nd rounder. So basically we'd be light at OLB, but with the zero production we've gotten from Vrabel, virtually anyone is an upgrade.

If we trade up, I don't think there's a chance we include a 2nd rounder.

I just don't get this line of thinking whatsoever.

It's like a lot complain that we don't have stud players. We trade up to potentially get one and it's like "well, we still have holes".

No shit we'd have holes, but our team would still be stronger.

Don't get me wrong, I'd be OK if they traded up to get him. Actually, I'd be pretty fucking thrilled.

But he's not going to put this team over the top.

Now, had they not fucked up in 2009 and filled these holes and THEN traded up for Jones?

Fucking deadly.

Every year we have the same holes, and every year they get ignored.

Every year we say, "don't worry, we can get X in a late round."

I don't know why we're having this argument anyway, Pioli doesn't have the balls to make this kind of deal.

Gadzooks
04-27-2011, 09:41 PM
Cruel reality how?

You're in the camp that you have a stud QB, once in a lifetime RB and stud TE?
LMAO
The RB's good but brittle. We'll pick up a guy that will smash him to pieces, (think Merriman hitting Holmes).
Alot of you don't realize how many holes the Chiefs have in their roster.
And the Cheifs QB and TE are far from studs, (take a look at the Chargers roster for the definitions).

The Bad Guy
04-27-2011, 09:42 PM
LMAO
The RB's good but brittle. We'll pick up a guy that will smash him to pieces, (think Merriman hitting Holmes).
And the Cheifs QB and TE are far from studs, (take a look at the Chargers roster for the definitions).

How about you learn how to comprehend you stupid mother fucker.

Brock
LMAO

He was talking about your team. Nobody has done less with more than your team has.

Gadzooks
They are a ****ing joke.

They've had the most talent in the NFL at times with jack shit to show. No AFC titles, nothing.

Chargers fans talking shit on anyone makes me laugh.

Red Wings fans had the same problem. It's a matter of time and that makes you nervous and defensive.

OnTheWarpath58
04-27-2011, 09:43 PM
LMAO

He's talking about your team, dipshit.

You have an elite QB, you had one of the greatest RB's ever to play the game, and still have a likely HOF TE - and you have nothing to show for it, just like us.

SNR
04-27-2011, 09:46 PM
LMAO Did you move to San Diego without telling us, Knowmo?

Gadzooks
04-27-2011, 09:46 PM
He's talking about your team, dipshit.

You have an elite QB, you had one of the greatest RB's ever to play the game, and still have a likely HOF TE - and you have nothing to show for it, just like us.

Yeah, I thought it was odd he'd think you guys have a "Stud" QB.
Oh well,
The Bolts are in the same same position the Colts were before they won the SB, (all of the talent/ none of the glory).
But by being a Charger fan and witnessing the Fouts era Bolts miss out on a SB, this is old hat.

The Bad Guy
04-27-2011, 09:47 PM
Yeah, I thought it was odd he'd think you guys have a "Stud" QB.
Oh well,
It was the same for the Colts before they won the SB.
But being a Charger fan and witnessing the Fouts era Bolts miss out on a SB, this is old hat.

It was also the same for Marino too. He never won shit.

Gadzooks
04-27-2011, 09:50 PM
He had a shit team. No D, midget WRs, etc...
The Chargers situation makes no sense...

Bewbies
04-27-2011, 09:58 PM
He had a shit team. No D, midget WRs, etc...
The Chargers situation makes no sense...

Have you seen your coach? LMAO

Gadzooks
04-27-2011, 10:01 PM
Have you seen your coach? LMAO

Yes. He has several warts on his face but he's got 2 SB rings.

Bewbies
04-27-2011, 10:05 PM
Yes. He has several warts on his face but he's got 2 SB rings.

As head coach?

Gadzooks
04-27-2011, 10:09 PM
I suppose you think Jughead (shEli) Manning is a better QB than Marino because (s)he has a SB ring.

Bewbies
04-27-2011, 10:10 PM
I suppose you think Jughead (shEli) Manning is a better QB than Marino because (s)he has a SB ring.

Eli is overrated. You won that trade every different way you can.

SNR
04-27-2011, 11:49 PM
Yes. He has several warts on his face but he's got 2 SB rings.Our defensive coordinator has way more Super Bowls than that.

Sounds like it's about time you guys spring for a coaching upgrade

Saccopoo
04-27-2011, 11:58 PM
Don't get me wrong, I'd be OK if they traded up to get him. Actually, I'd be pretty ****ing thrilled.

Now, had they not ****ed up in 2009 and filled these holes and THEN traded up for Jones?

****ing deadly.

I don't know why we're having this argument anyway, Pioli doesn't have the balls to make this kind of deal.

No single guy is going to put this team over the top, however getting a complete stud instead of a couple of mediocre fillers would go a long way to helping get us to the next level.

And I'm in complete agreement with you. Everyone wants to pick someone later in the draft because we can always get that position later in the draft. However, it's a crap shoot getting a guy that will actually make the team, let alone produce at even a mediocre level "later in the draft."

Is marching out a rotating cast of late rounders and UDFA's and 34 year old has beens at the wide out position going to get us anywhere? Fuck no. Bowe is double teamed all game long and Moeaki has to stay around to block.

Make the trade up, get the stud and it's going to pay a lot more dividends that dicking around with marginal talent and late round tomato cans. So we lose some mid round picks in the process...BFD. They aren't likely to make an impact anyway. Shit, everyone around here thinks that we can rebuild the offensive line and linebackers and running backs with undrafted free agents anyway. Why even have fourth, fifth, sixth, seventh round picks to waste on stiffs?

Grab you nuts Scotty and make the move for a stud.

http://i.cdn.turner.com/si/multimedia/photo_gallery/1008/cfb.preview.all-sec.team/images/julio-jones-opoe-10684.jpg

SNR
04-28-2011, 01:09 AM
Don't get me wrong, I'd be OK if they traded up to get him. Actually, I'd be pretty fucking thrilled.

Now, had they not fucked up in 2009 and filled these holes and THEN traded up for Jones?

Fucking deadly.

I don't know why we're having this argument anyway, Pioli doesn't have the balls to make this kind of deal.Imagine what kind of luxury position we'd be in right now if we took BJ Raji instead of Tyson Jackson. Hell, it doesn't even have to be that grand. Let's say one of our other draft picks besides Succop wasn't a dried up moldy puddle of diarrhea. It could be one of our 7th rounders even. Just something to push us along. Maybe Javarris Williams asserts himself as a #2 behind Thomas Jones. Or maybe Colin Brown is actually a solid depth guy on the offensive line. Something. Anything.

Saccopoo
04-28-2011, 01:15 AM
Imagine what kind of luxury position we'd be in right now if we took BJ Raji instead of Tyson Jackson. Hell, it doesn't even have to be that grand. Let's say one of our other draft picks besides Succop wasn't a dried up moldy puddle of diarrhea. It could be one of our 7th rounders even. Just something to push us along. Maybe Javarris Williams asserts himself as a #2 behind Thomas Jones. Or maybe Colin Brown is actually a solid depth guy on the offensive line. Something. Anything.

It's why I don't mind giving up a handful of mids and swapping firsts to move up for Jones. The guy is a stud. He'll play on Sunday and everyone knows it.

I'd rather have the freak versus whatever pile of stiffs Pioli is going to end up with after this weekend.

MoreLemonPledge
04-28-2011, 04:40 AM
Maybe Javarris Williams asserts himself as a #2 behind Thomas Jones. Colin Brown is actually a solid depth guy on the offensive line. Something. Anything.

Ummm...neither of them are still on the team.

the Talking Can
04-28-2011, 04:45 AM
he's not going to be available, and you can't trade a future first for anything but a QB...

he's a stud, but you don't build teams around WRs...

DA_T_84
04-28-2011, 05:27 PM
NFL Network just said Jones is going 6th, but may not be to the Browns....

From Jay Glazer

MoreLemonPledge
04-29-2011, 01:45 AM
he's not going to be available, and you can't trade a future first for anything but a QB...

he's a stud, but you don't build teams around WRs...

LolAtlanta

SNR
04-29-2011, 08:27 AM
Ummm...neither of them are still on the team.I know. I was speaking in "if only..." terms