PDA

View Full Version : With the 21st pick in the 2011 NFL draft, the Chiefs select..

Stanley Nickels
04-27-2011, 06:06 AM
Brooks Reed.

Sorry.

I don't like it either.

But, let's take a look, shall we?

Position of need? Check. High character? Check. Team Captain? Check. Starter for 2+ years? Three, actually. Rising stock? Check; he showed excellent coverage skills in the Senior Bowl, which is sort of like sleeping your way through high school but doing really well on the SAT and hoping to go to an Ivy League school, but I digress..

The kid fits the Pioli mold, is mocked to be about 10 spots below our pick (which is right about where Kansas City usually ends up going :banghead:) and might've been rated higher had he attended a different school. I just see too many signs that he fits the pick at 21.

Okay, I've said my piece. Tear it apart. Just know I wouldn't be happy with the pick either

eazyb81
04-27-2011, 06:09 AM
Wouldn't be surprised at all with this pick, and honestly I wouldn't hate it.

Not flashy or exciting at all but should be a solid all-around starter opposite Hali.

TRR
04-27-2011, 06:31 AM
It depends on who is available at #21. I would never take Reed over Akeem Ayers or Aldon Smith. I may even have a hard time taking Reed over Phil Taylor or Anthony Costanzo.

Reed is a good player but not worth a first round pick IMO.
Posted via Mobile Device

dannybcaitlyn
04-27-2011, 06:44 AM
QBTF. Lets face it Cassel can't get the job done unless were number 1 in defense. He would be like Dilfer when with the ravens. Dont give the ball up and let the defense carry the load. Kind of like what were asking Cassel to do now. Without having the great defense. Plus expect us to suck this year because of a brutal schedule. So lets start grooming him now.

Count Zarth
04-27-2011, 06:46 AM
Do not want.

Negatives: Is stiff with a maxed-out frame and limited upside. Average athletic ability and change of direction. Is not a fluid mover. Plays a bit out of control. Modest career production and most of it comes on effort and is not created. Not explosive off the edge and can’t split the double-team. Has a 30-inch vertical jump.

Summary: Overachieving, high-motor, bulldog college right end who projects best to outside linebacker in a 3-4 front. Is not going to make a lot of plays and does not possess a high ceiling, but is a very dependable player who can be trusted to play hard every down and affect the game with his effort. Will be attractive to teams such as the Chiefs, Packers and Patriots. Compares favorably to Ravens ’03 fourth-rounder Jarret Johnson and could play a long time in the league.

TRR
04-27-2011, 07:14 AM
QBTF. Lets face it Cassel can't get the job done unless were number 1 in defense. He would be like Dilfer when with the ravens. Dont give the ball up and let the defense carry the load. Kind of like what were asking Cassel to do now. Without having the great defense. Plus expect us to suck this year because of a brutal schedule. So lets start grooming him now.

Lol!

And what future SB winning QB are the Chiefs going to draft at #21 this year?
Posted via Mobile Device

dannybcaitlyn
04-27-2011, 07:33 AM
Lol!

And what future SB winning QB are the Chiefs going to draft at #21 this year?
Posted via Mobile Device

There's 3 I would rather have then Cassel. Do you have that much faith in Cassel?

The Bad Guy
04-27-2011, 07:39 AM
Do not want.

Your problem is that you base opinions off everyone else.

The Bad Guy
04-27-2011, 07:40 AM
There's 3 I would rather have then Cassel. Do you have that much faith in Cassel?

I'm not opposed to drafting his successor, but the way some of you talk, you'd never in a million years think he had a 27:7 TD/INT ratio.

I know he's limited, but good loving god. Keep beating that dead horse.

the Talking Can
04-27-2011, 07:42 AM
if we traded down first, ok

TRR
04-27-2011, 07:44 AM

Might I ask what 3 QB's they are?
Posted via Mobile Device
Posted via Mobile Device

SNR
04-27-2011, 08:01 AM
There are a bunch of high-profile, good work ethic, smart, tough, good character guys who fill positions of need available to us when we pick.

Yeah, it COULD be Brooks Reed, but just because he fits the Patriot Way mold doesn't mean there's nobody else out there with the same qualities

Stanley Nickels
04-27-2011, 08:14 AM
Maybe he's the white linebacker we need to replace Vrabel.

dannybcaitlyn
04-27-2011, 08:18 AM
I'm not opposed to drafting his successor, but the way some of you talk, you'd never in a million years think he had a 27:7 TD/INT ratio.

I know he's limited, but good loving god. Keep beating that dead horse.

Man, We only live once.lol The more time we stick with this douche the less time I will have to ever see the chiefs in the super bowl. His stats looked good, but he really sucked badly in a few games last year most notably the two last games vs. the raiders and Ravens. when he plays bad, he does it in style. With this QB I feel if we get down by two touchdowns you might as well turn the T.v off. Its done!

dannybcaitlyn
04-27-2011, 08:22 AM
Might I ask what 3 QB's they are?
Posted via Mobile Device
Posted via Mobile Device

Ok. Dalton, Mallet, and Ponder. Gabbert also but he will be gone by 21. Will these QB's ever go to the superbowl. Who knows. I feel they would give us a better chance than cassel though.

Count Zarth
04-27-2011, 08:51 AM
Your problem is that you base opinions off everyone else.

Is PFW wrong?

eazyb81
04-27-2011, 09:44 AM
Do not want.

That scouting report sounds a lot like Hali's when he came out.

Actually, sounds a lot like another guy. Here's his scouting report.

Any guesses?

Strengths: Shows good upper body strength...hard worker with a non stop motor...demonstrates an ability to close when he gets to the QB...pretty good first step...explosive...offers a lot of versatility...sideline to sideline range...exhibits good awareness...special teams standout...has some upside?...natural pass rusher...

Weaknesses: Probably just an average natural athlete...going to struggle matched up with tight ends as he is stiff through the hips and does not have a lot of experience in space...not much of a threat in coverage...a bit of a tweener...has trouble shedding blocks at times...needs some development

Count Zarth
04-27-2011, 09:47 AM
I don't mean to bash on Hali, but the guy still gets outrun by the likes of Jason Campbell.

The last thing I want on this team is two outside linebackers who can't chase down a quarterback in the open field. We need a guy who is greased lightning opposite Hali, not a lunchpail effort guy.

Count Zarth
04-27-2011, 09:47 AM
Holy shit, that's Clay Matthews. ROFL

eazyb81
04-27-2011, 09:50 AM
Yep.

Scouting reports are fun!

DJ's left nut
04-27-2011, 09:55 AM
The good news is that he isn't from an SEC school so we really don't have to worry about him.

OnTheWarpath58
04-27-2011, 09:57 AM
The good news is that he isn't from an SEC school so we really don't have to worry about him.

LMAO