PDA

View Full Version : General Politics White House releases Obama's birth certificate

Pages : [1] 2

Donger
04-27-2011, 08:42 AM
http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2011/04/27/white-house-releases-obama-birth-certificate/

(CNN) – The White House released President Obama's original birth certificate Wednesday.

The surprise release follows recent and sustained remarks by businessman Donald Trump, among others, that raised doubts as to whether the president was born in the United States.

Obama's birth certificate [PDF]

Speaking to reporters Wednesday, Trump said, "I have accomplished something nobody else has accomplished."

"I want to look at it, but i hope it’s true," he added. "He should have done it a long time ago. I am really honored to have played such a big role in hopefully getting rid of this issue."

Earlier Wednesday, White House Communications Director Dan Pfeiffer said the debate has been "really bad for the Republican Party."

The so-called "birther" debate is "good politics" but "bad for the country," said Pfeiffer.

White House spokesman Jay Carney is expected to speak more about the birth certificate Wednesday morning.

Donger
04-27-2011, 08:43 AM
http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2011/images/04/27/birth-certificate-long-form.pdf

WV
04-27-2011, 08:44 AM
Still doesn't make him worth a shit, but I'm glad this stupid topic should be laid to rest.

dirk digler
04-27-2011, 08:50 AM
LMAO NO

Why did you do this Obama? Cmon it was the perfect political strategy now all those idiots like Sportshrink won't have anything to cry about

Saulbadguy
04-27-2011, 08:54 AM
BREAKING NEWS....from 1961.

Ebolapox
04-27-2011, 08:54 AM
eh, good enough for me. was that so difficult?

Donger
04-27-2011, 08:56 AM
Not to start anything here, but I was surprised to see the father's race as "African." Wouldn't that have been "Negro" in 1961?

chiefsnorth
Its about time. I will wait and see what the sportshrinks of the world have to say about this. Hopefully this means they will finally start being forthcoming about his past. I have always said I thought he was born in hawaii but I couldn't understand why they wouldn't release it if there was nothing embarrassing to come from it. I guess we'll see what the Birthers reaction is. I don't think this answers any questions about the authenticity of the story of his life crafted for his memoirs but it's good to see something released we should have seen 3-4 years ago.

Fortunately we can still vote him out for being the shittiest president in modern history, we don't need this.

the Talking Can
A lot of racist tears being shed today...

Donger
04-27-2011, 08:58 AM
Its about time. I will wait and see what the sportshrinks of the world have to say about this. Hopefully this means they will finally start being forthcoming about his past. I have always said I thought he was born in hawaii but I couldn't understand why they wouldn't release it if there was nothing embarrassing to come from it. I guess we'll see what the Birthers reaction is. I don't think this answers any questions about the authenticity of the story of his life crafted for his memoirs but it's goodrich see something released we should have seen 3-4 years ago

Well, it looks like it was released from Hawaii on April 25. I guess that contradicts all those who claimed that it COULDN'T be released to Obama. I forget who it was here who claimed that. One of our Hawaiian members, IIRC.

Saulbadguy
Its about time. I will wait and see what the sportshrinks of the world have to say about this. Hopefully this means they will finally start being forthcoming about his past. I have always said I thought he was born in hawaii but I couldn't understand why they wouldn't release it if there was nothing embarrassing to come from it. I guess we'll see what the Birthers reaction is. I don't think this answers any questions about the authenticity of the story of his life crafted for his memoirs but it's good to see something released we should have seen 3-4 years ago.

Fortunately we can still vote him out for being the shittiest president in modern history, we don't need this.
Obviously it's taken 3 to 4 years for them to fabricate a birth certificate.

Donger

:spock:

alnorth
04-27-2011, 08:59 AM
LMAO NO

Why did you do this Obama? Cmon it was the perfect political strategy now all those idiots like Sportshrink won't have anything to cry about

No kidding, I'm shocked he did it. It may have made sense before last election or right after when the howls of questioning became louder, but why now? If you've gone this far, you may as well take advantage.

Hell, I was beginning to think the following might play out:

*election night*

news: "...and Obama crushes his opponent to win re-election. Exit polls suggest the lingering birther issue swayed x% of independent voters away from the republican candidate, even though he tried to distance himself, which may have angered y% of republicans, causing them to not vote at all, etc etc etc"

*2 nights later*

breaking news: "Obama has JUST released his long form birth certificate!"

reporter: "Mr. President, if you were going to release this document, why did you wait so long, why now?"

Obama, smiling: "I won, and will not stand for re-election. I'll just leave it at that. Next question!"

Unless Obama and his team has decided that the birthers have worked themselves into a fever-pitch where nothing will convince them, they will start to shout even louder, and THAT will help ensure his re-election? Who knows.

BucEyedPea
04-27-2011, 09:00 AM
Nice.

Let's wait and see who will claim it's fraudulent and created for today.

Mr. Laz
04-27-2011, 09:02 AM
This just in .... birther's are idiots, news at 11

dirk digler
04-27-2011, 09:03 AM
No kidding, I'm shocked he did it. It may have made sense before last election or right after when the howls of questioning became louder, but why now? If you've gone this far, you may as well take advantage.

Hell, I was beginning to think the following might play out:

Unless Obama and his team has decided that the birthers have worked themselves into a fever-pitch where nothing will convince them, they will start to shout even louder, and THAT will help ensure his re-election? Who knows.

It doesn't make any sense to me either. And you are right after he got re-elected (if that happens) I would have released it just to laugh at the idiots like Donger

SNR
04-27-2011, 09:03 AM
Not to start anything here, but I was surprised to see the father's race as "African." Wouldn't that have been "Negro" in 1961?There wasn't enough space on the form to write "jungle bunny"

alnorth
04-27-2011, 09:04 AM
It doesn't make any sense to me either. And you are right after he got re-elected (if that happens) I would have released it just to laugh at the idiots like Donger

Another possibility is perhaps they were not going to release it as long as they thought the issue helped them, but maybe their internal polling was starting to suggest that the issue was beginning to hurt Obama?

Donger
04-27-2011, 09:04 AM

Heck, I'm just happy to see Obama reverse himself again.

blaise
04-27-2011, 09:05 AM

Yeah, birther's are idiots.

ROYC75
04-27-2011, 09:05 AM
Not to start anything here, but I was surprised to see the father's race as "African." Wouldn't that have been "Negro" in 1961?

I wondered about that as well. All I can say is, it's about time. Now we can move forward / out of the 2008 election. :rolleyes: To be fair to the people who want to prove the LFBC wrong, it will not stop them.

We have far too many serious issues about the direction of our country.

Donger
04-27-2011, 09:07 AM
Another possibility is perhaps they were not going to release it as long as they thought the issue helped them, but maybe their internal polling was starting to suggest that the issue was beginning to hurt Obama?

I would imagine that it is a calculated move. If they intend to paint the opposition as a bunch of extremists (which they've already done before), they will be able to use the reaction of the crazies to illustrate their point.

Jaric
04-27-2011, 09:08 AM
Has anyone seen sportsshrink? I'm worried he won't take this news well.

ROYC75
04-27-2011, 09:10 AM
There wasn't enough space on the form to write "jungle bunny"

OK, I seriously hope you do not feel this way.( I suspect you are ) As much as I dislike Obama's policy's, I have biracial grand children and it would take everything I have not to come unglued on somebody calling one of them a racist comment.

Jaric
OK, I seriously hope you do not feel this way.( I suspect you are not ) As much as I dislike Obama's policy's, I have biracial grand children and it would take everything I have not to come unglued on somebody calling one of them a racist comment.

I'm pretty sure he was joking here.

ROYC75

I betting this line.

NewChief
04-27-2011, 09:11 AM
Man. I can't believe he capitulated, I was really enjoying the frenzy of insanity. Oh well, I'm sure the next thing they come up with will be even more entertaining. The lunatic fringe never fails to disappoint.

SS, try to make sure that you get either the occult or aliens into the next theory. ROFL

dirk digler
04-27-2011, 09:12 AM

I suppose but when you have some polls as late as a week ago showing 30-40% of the Republican party believing you aren't born here I don't see that as a negative.

ROYC75
04-27-2011, 09:13 AM
I'm pretty sure he was joking here.

Glad you caught my misprint.... I thought it was a joke and nothing serious, just knowing SNR for some time.

alnorth
04-27-2011, 09:13 AM
I wondered about that as well. All I can say is, it's about time. Now we can move forward / out of the 2008 election. :rolleyes: To be fair to the people who want to prove the LFBC wrong, it will not stop them.

We have far too many serious issues about the direction of our country.

Yeah, or if not some politically-incorrect race entry, I wasn't sure what the long form looked like, and didn't care enough to look it up, but I was also wondering if maybe they put parent's religion on the form way back then and something embarassing was on it. ("Muslim", or maybe his mother wrote "Atheist", or something)

SNR
04-27-2011, 09:14 AM
OK, I seriously hope you do not feel this way.( I suspect you are ) As much as I dislike Obama's policy's, I have biracial grand children and it would take everything I have not to come unglued on somebody calling one of them a racist comment.Sorry if I offended you.

Yes, I was joking. My comment was in response to Donger, referring to a discussion we had awhile ago about the word "Negro"

BucEyedPea
04-27-2011, 09:14 AM
Man. I can't believe he capitulated, I was really enjoying the frenzy of insanity. Oh well, I'm sure the next thing they come up with will be even more entertaining. The lunatic fringe never fails to disappoint.

SS, try to make sure that you get either the occult or aliens into the next theory. ROFL

Where there is a vacuum of information with public relations, it's common for people to make up their own in order to deal with the vacuum.

ROYC75
04-27-2011, 09:17 AM
Sorry if I offended you.

Yes, I was joking. My comment was in response to Donger, referring to a discussion we had awhile ago about the word "Negro"

I figured it was and wasn't offended. I was typing and talking on the phone the whole time and somehow just threw the NOT in there when it shouldn't have been.

Since both of us has been here for sometime, I knew of nothing by you being this way, it was my bad ( as my kids would say ).

Mr. Laz
04-27-2011, 09:17 AM

Heck, I'm just happy to see Obama reverse himself again.

I would imagine that it is a calculated move. If they intend to paint the opposition as a bunch of extremists (which they've already done before), they will be able to use the reaction of the crazies to illustrate their point.
and let the spin/distraction begin

instead of just saying "i'm wrong" you will see all the morons start trying to change the subject.

good ol' schlonger and buttringer ... those were the days. A lot of you younger folks haven't been around long enough to see just what a complete asshat Donger can be.

Donger is the political equivalent of this guy:

http://img191.imageshack.us/img191/7057/theinbred.jpg

Jaric
04-27-2011, 09:19 AM
Glad you caught my misprint.... I thought it was a joke and nothing serious, just knowing SNR for some time.

I figured. I can see why the subject would strike a nerve with you though.

Donger
04-27-2011, 09:19 AM

instead of just saying "i'm wrong" you will see all the morons start trying to change the subject.

good ol' schlonger and buttringer ... those were the days. A lot of you younger folks haven't been around long enough to see just what a complete asshat Donger came be.

What do you think I was wrong about? I've always claimed the original BC existed and could be released. I've only ever said that I wanted to see the original.

That's been accomplished and I consider the matter closed.

patteeu
04-27-2011, 09:33 AM

good ol' schlonger and buttringer ... those were the days. A lot of you younger folks haven't been around long enough to see just what a complete asshat Donger can be.

I've been here as long as Donger and I've never noticed any asshattedness from him. BTW, what was he wrong about?

talastan
04-27-2011, 09:35 AM
I wonder if this release has more to do with deflecting media & market attention from the Federal Reserve decisions being announced and Big Ben's press conference today. Heard it would be the first press conference from a Fed Reserve Chief in 90+ years.... Anyone else hearing anything else about this? Wonder if this is the real reason why Obama is releasing the BC?

blaise
04-27-2011, 09:37 AM

You kind of seem like an asshat, yourself.

TIED5573
04-27-2011, 09:40 AM

Maybe if he were born in America, but in Africa, it's not a big deal.

FD
04-27-2011, 09:42 AM
I guess this whole controversy will be completely over now, right?

mikey23545
04-27-2011, 09:43 AM
At least everyone now knows he's a homegrown communist...

BucEyedPea
04-27-2011, 09:44 AM
I wonder if this release has more to do with deflecting media & market attention from the Federal Reserve decisions being announced and Big Ben's press conference today. Heard it would be the first press conference from a Fed Reserve Chief in 90+ years.... Anyone else hearing anything else about this? Wonder if this is the real reason why Obama is releasing the BC?

Shows how skeer'd Ben is.

HonestChieffan
04-27-2011, 09:44 AM

Thats not news.

FD
04-27-2011, 09:49 AM
Has anyone seen sportsshrink? I'm worried he won't take this news well.

Psychologists have found that when people with fringe beliefs are confronted with evidence that proves their beliefs wrong, they have a tendency to "double down" and become even more convinced of their prior belief. So I think its fairly probably that sportsshrink will go oven more off the reservation, posting even crazier and more deranged fantasies in response to this.

Personally, I'm hoping he does. His birther stuff was the most entertaining thing going on in this forum for a long time.

Iowanian
04-27-2011, 09:50 AM
Great.

Only 5 years after it should have been released.
That wasn't so hard, now was it.

The real reason is "why today"?

This doesn't really deflect from the fact that Obama is a terrible leader of men.

chiefsnorth
04-27-2011, 09:51 AM
I suppose but when you have some polls as late as a week ago showing 30-40% of the Republican party believing you aren't born here I don't see that as a negative.

The Obama regime cause that themselves. Most of us thought this birther stuff was kooky to start with, but then as time goes on and they are evasive and start demonizing the people asking questions, it's natural for a person to think "so why wouldnt they just release it?"

Like someone else said, they used the issue as long as it benefitted them, to paint their opposition as crazy. Their lack of transparency eventually started to hurt them, so they put the issue to bed in the same way as they could have years ago. Just playing politics.

Fish
04-27-2011, 09:54 AM
Sportsshrink is no doubt talking to himself in the mirror right now, trying hard not to cry.....

LMAO

Reaper16
04-27-2011, 10:02 AM
State officials are currently preparing Sportshrink's long-form death certificate.

LOCOChief
04-27-2011, 10:05 AM
There's like 5 or 6 threads regarding this.

Does the BC issue matter? No it's been irrelevant all along.

But what is relevant?

$6 gas
3 pointless wars.
Unsecured boarders
Political corruption on both sides throughout.
Corporate greed and No patriotic loyalty.
Private and public union greed, corruption
An escalating fed debt.

But yeah the birth certificate thing is figured out. All who participated took their eye off the ball now its STRIKE THREE AND WE'RE ALL OUT!

Donger
04-27-2011, 10:11 AM
WASHINGTON – Responding to critics' relentless claims, President Barack Obama on Wednesday produced a detailed Hawaii birth certificate in an extraordinary attempt to bury the issue of where he was born and confirm his legitimacy to hold office. He declared, "We do not have time for this kind of silliness."

By going on national TV from the White House, Obama portrayed himself as a voice of reason amid a loud, lingering debate on his birth status. Though his personal attention to the issue elevated it as never before, Obama said to Republican detractors and the media, it is time to move on to bigger issues.

Citing huge budget decisions in Washington, Obama said, "I am confident that the American people and America's political leaders can come together in a bipartisan way and solve these problems. We always have. But we're not going to be able to do it if we are distracted."

Obama spoke shortly after the White House released a copy of the long form of his birth certificate, which contains more extensive data than a version released earlier.

The certificate says Obama was born to an American mother and Kenyan father, in Hawaii, which makes him eligible to hold the office of president. Obama released a standard short form before he was elected in 2008 but requested copies of his original birth certificate from Hawaii officials this week in hopes of quieting the lingering controversy.
[ For complete coverage of politics and policy, go to Yahoo! Politics ]

White House officials have said the issue was settled long ago. But so-called "birthers" opposed to Obama have kept it alive. Potential Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump recently began questioning why Obama hadn't ensured the long form was released.

From New Hampshire, Trump took credit for getting Obama to act.

"He should have done it a long time ago. I am really honored to play such a big role in hopefully, hopefully getting rid of this issue," Trump said.

Polls show large numbers of Republicans have continued to doubt Obama is a natural born citizen eligible to be president. Trump, the bombastic real estate mogul, has seized on the issue as he weighs a GOP candidacy.

While Obama and White House officials avoided mentioning Trump by name, officials said they released the birth certificate partially because the issue had moved beyond fringe discussion, and Obama criticized a media culture that had not let the story go.

"This issue has been going on for two, two and a half years now. I think it started during the campaign," Obama said. "I have watched with bemusement, I've been puzzled at the degree at which this thing just kept on going."

"We're not going to be able to solve our problems if we get distracted by sideshows and carnival barkers," the president said.

He did not take any questions and did not say why the document had not been released earlier.

Many Republican leaders have sought to distance themselves from the "birther" theory as a discredited notion not worthy of national public debate.

In a statement after Obama spoke, Republican National Committee Chairman Reince Priebus called the issue a distraction — and yet blamed Obama for playing campaign politics by addressing it.

"The president ought to spend his time getting serious about repairing our economy," Priebus said. "Unfortunately his campaign politics and talk about birth certificates is distracting him from our number one priority — our economy."

The newly released certificate is signed by the delivery doctor, Obama's mother and the local registrar. His mother, then 18, signed her name (Stanley) Ann Dunham Obama.

The form says Barack Hussein Obama II was born at 7:24 p.m. on Aug. 4, 1961, at Kapiolani Maternity and Gynecological Hospital, within the city limits of Honolulu.

There's no mention of religion. It says his father, Barack Hussein Obama, age 25, was African and born in Kenya and his mother was Caucasian and born in Wichita, Kan. Obama's mother and the doctor signed the certificate on Aug. 7 and 8.

Hawaii's registrar certified the new photocopy of the document provided to the White House on April 25, 2011.

The White House also released a letter from the president on April 22 requesting two certified copies of his original certificate of live birth. Also released was a letter from Loretta Fuddy, Hawaii's director of health, approving the request.

The president's personal counsel, Judith Corley, traveled to Hawaii to pick up the documents and carried them back to Washington on a plane. The documents arrived at the White House around 5 p.m. Tuesday.

Pitt Gorilla
04-27-2011, 10:11 AM

SS, try to make sure that you get either the occult or aliens into the next theory. ROFLI can't either. It was much better politically to not release it. It kept a lot of the nutballs focused on something irrelevant. Of course, maybe he really isn't worried about the nutballs.

Pitt Gorilla
04-27-2011, 10:13 AM
Great.

Only 5 years after it should have been released.
That wasn't so hard, now was it.

The real reason is "why today"?

This doesn't really deflect from the fact that Obama is a terrible leader of men.It never "should" have been released; it never mattered.

BucEyedPea
04-27-2011, 10:16 AM
I can't either. It was much better politically to not release it. It kept a lot of the nutballs focused on something irrelevant. Of course, maybe he really isn't worried about the nutballs.

No it was better to release it. It should have been done earlier but another election is coming up. That's why I think they did this.

Jaric
04-27-2011, 10:17 AM
It never "should" have been released; it never mattered.

Well it is a constitutional requirement to be a natural born US citizen. So I don't think asking for a birth certificate is that big a deal considering I had to produce far more information just to get a driver's license.

That said, the birther stuff was nonsense.

Pitt Gorilla
04-27-2011, 10:19 AM
Well it is a constitutional requirement to be a natural born US citizen. So I don't think asking for a birth certificate is that big a deal considering I had to produce far more information just to get a driver's license.

That said, the birther stuff was nonsense.Hist citizenship was settled a long time ago.

Jaric
04-27-2011, 10:22 AM
Hist citizenship was settled a long time ago.

I think you missed my point. I only stated since it's a constitutional requirement, it shouldn't be that big a deal to require someone to show their birth certificate before running.

Again, I had to provide far more documentation to get a driver's license, I don't think I'm being unreasonable here.

Iowanian
04-27-2011, 10:23 AM
It never "should" have been released; it never mattered.

I say it does, given the Constitutional requirements to be President. If there is any question, it should be proven up front.

I don't recall many of the libs arguing your point on this, feeling the same way about Bush's military records.

dirk digler
04-27-2011, 10:24 AM
I can't either. It was much better politically to not release it. It kept a lot of the nutballs focused on something irrelevant. Of course, maybe he really isn't worried about the nutballs.

I agree. I wouldn't have done it and let them keep going crazy over it.

But it is not going stop. Trump is already quoted as saying "You're going to have many people looking at it …. It's amazing that all of a sudden it materializes. Experts will look at it.."

LMAO and WND is saying now since his father is Kenyan he may not be eligible

patteeu
04-27-2011, 10:25 AM

No it wasn't.

Pitt Gorilla
04-27-2011, 10:26 AM
No it wasn't.Everyone that matters disagrees.

Brock
04-27-2011, 10:26 AM
That's too bad, I really enjoyed laughing at the morons who thought it was an issue.

kstater
04-27-2011, 10:27 AM
No it wasn't.

You think he would ever had been sworn in had he not met the legal requirements to take office?

Donger
04-27-2011, 10:27 AM
I say it does, given the Constitutional requirements to be President. If there is any question, it should be proven up front.

I don't recall many of the libs arguing your point on this, feeling the same way about Bush's military records.

Pretty much. I've said all along that the fact that his father was a foreign national made the possibility of Obama not being born on US soil more likely compared to a candidate who was born of two US parents. A candidate born of two US parents even outside the US is pretty much a natural born citizen. There are caveats when one of the parents not a US citizen, as was the case with Obama.

blaise
04-27-2011, 10:29 AM

I guess Obama didn't think it was settled, otherwise he wouldn't have bothered releasing it.

patteeu
You think he would ever had been sworn in had he not met the legal requirements to take office?

I don't think there's any official process by which this particular legal requirement is checked. I'm astonished by that, but that seems to be the reality. There are Republicans in several states trying to pass laws that would create such processes, but they're running into resistance from democrats for some reason.

BucEyedPea

But it is not going stop. Trump is already quoted as saying "You're going to have many people looking at it …. It's amazing that all of a sudden it materializes. Experts will look at it.."

LMAO and WND is saying now since his father is Kenyan he may not be eligible

It's not going to stop. Trump is now asking for his school records claiming he was a poor student at Occidental but he somehow got into Colombia and Harvard. Phase II has begun.

patteeu
04-27-2011, 10:30 AM
Everyone that matters disagrees.

That's obviously not the case.

Iowanian
04-27-2011, 10:30 AM
I agree with that, and when you've got siblings who are Kenyan, and you've gone to grammar school in Indonesia, I think there is a burden of proof.

He should have dealt with this 5 years ago, and we could be talking about what a great job Obama has done with Job creation, exports, food prices, gas prices, the economy, national debt, foreign conflict and any other number of relevant items of discussion.

patteeu
04-27-2011, 10:32 AM
It's not going to stop. Trump is now asking for his school records claiming he was a poor student at Occidental but he somehow got into Colombia and Harvard. Phase II has begun.

Isn't that a separate issue rather than a continuation? It certainly doesn't have any bearing on his constitutional qualifications to be POTUS.

RedNeckRaider
04-27-2011, 10:33 AM

LMAO and WND is saying now since his father is Kenyan he is not eligible

For a guy who ran on total transparency he has been sketchy on doing so. Closed door meetings, college transcripts, birth certificate and so on. That said it amazes me this is the focus of so many. His abysmal performance is what I would think people would be focusing on. He must laugh at loud every time these issues come up. Talk about diversions, normally a president has to work much harder to create look the other way situations~

Donger
I agree with that, and when you've got siblings who are Kenyan, and you've gone to grammar school in Indonesia, I think there is a burden of proof.

He should have dealt with this 5 years ago, and we could be talking about what a great job Obama has done with Job creation, exports, food prices, gas prices, the economy, national debt, foreign conflict and any other number of relevant items of discussion.

For me, it was the facts that his father was a foreign national and that Obama himself was a citizen of Kenya. Really just an icky factor that, IMO, required evidence beyond the previously released live birth certificate.

It seems that Obama eventually agreed.

penchief
I think you missed my point. I only stated since it's a constitutional requirement, it shouldn't be that big a deal to require someone to show their birth certificate before running.

Again, I had to provide far more documentation to get a driver's license, I don't think I'm being unreasonable here.

The documentation you had to show to get your drivers license is exactly what he provided from the start. The Certificate of Live Birth issued by the state. Any other form of birth certificate is insufficient. He was providing the necessary legal documentation all along.

And anyone who thinks that he didn't provide the necessary legal documentation proving his citizenship before he was elected to public office is just delusional.

blaise
04-27-2011, 10:35 AM
Seems some people that didn't like the tone of the board when Obama was getting criticized like the tone of the board a little better now that it's time to clown the birthers.

dirk digler
I don't think there's any official process by which this particular legal requirement is checked. I'm astonished by that, but that seems to be the reality. There are Republicans in several states trying to pass laws that would create such processes, but they're running into resistance from democrats for some reason.

I didn't realize Jan Brewer was a Dem...shit you learn something new everyday

Captain Obvious
I miss the crescendo of the drumbeat. Heck, I just miss the drumbeat.

BucEyedPea
04-27-2011, 10:37 AM

She's not. She's a Republican.

blaise
04-27-2011, 10:38 AM
Oh boy.

mlyonsd
04-27-2011, 10:39 AM
Trump is more powerful than I thought.

BucEyedPea
04-27-2011, 10:40 AM
Seems some people that didn't like the tone of the board when Obama was getting criticized like the tone of the board a little better now that it's time to clown the birthers.

Lord of the Flies or Flying Monkey Day?

BucEyedPea
04-27-2011, 10:40 AM
For a guy who ran on total transparency he has been sketchy on doing so. Closed door meetings, college transcripts, birth certificate and so on. That said it amazes me this is the focus of so many. His abysmal performance is what I would think people would be focusing on. He must laugh at loud every time these issues come up. Talk about diversions, normally a president has to work much harder to create look the other way situations~

Excellent points!:thumb:

dirk digler
04-27-2011, 10:41 AM

Do you need a tissue? :p

blaise
04-27-2011, 10:42 AM
Do you need a tissue?

Why? I'm not a birther.

Donger
04-27-2011, 10:43 AM
Do you need a tissue? :p

I certainly don't. This is a great success. Can you imagine what would be going on right now if the original BC had shown that he was born in Kenya?

BucEyedPea
04-27-2011, 10:43 AM
The documentation you had to show to get your drivers license is exactly what he provided from the start. The Certificate of Live Birth issued by the state. Any other form of birth certificate is insufficient. He was providing the necessary legal documentation all along.

And anyone who thinks that he didn't provide the necessary legal documentation proving his citizenship before he was elected to public office is just delusional.

I would like to see a link with evidence that Obama showed a Certificate of Live Birth when the news report says one of his staff flew out to get a certified photocopy of this one just in the past few days. Somehow this doesn't add up. It also doesn't add up since it's not required, from what I am hearing. I mean why would states be trying to pass laws requiring it if it's already required? Explain or fill in the missing evidence.

ClevelandBronco
04-27-2011, 10:44 AM

I doubt that you're a classic white sheet racist, but for the life of me I can't think of any type of person except a racist who would think that this has anything to do with his race.

dirk digler
04-27-2011, 10:46 AM
Why? I'm not a birther.

Are you sure about that? :D

I certainly don't. This is a great success. Can you imagine what would be going on right now if the original BC had shown that he was born in Kenya?

You would be clowning us Obots instead of us clowning you.

ClevelandBronco
There wasn't enough space on the form to write "jungle bunny"

I stand corrected. :banghead:LMAO

chiefsnorth
You guys aren't giving sportshrink enough credit, his "gold bug" posts are a lot funnier than the Birther posts.

Jaric

He had to show a Birth Certificate? Because that's what I had to provide.

dirk digler
04-27-2011, 10:50 AM
I doubt that you're a classic white sheet racist, but for the life of me I can't think of any type of person except a racist who would think that this has anything to do with his race.

I firmly believe part of it is about race and part of it is because he is "different" or people believe he is "foreign".

There hasn't been a POTUS in our lifetime that had to go through the scrutiny of proving he was born here like Obama has. Coincidence?

ClevelandBronco
I guess this whole controversy will be completely over now, right?

Only the BC part of it. But don't count on even that.

Donger
You would be clowning us Obots instead of us clowning you.

I don't know what you mean by clowning. I wouldn't be celebrating, believe me.

penchief
04-27-2011, 10:51 AM
I would like to see a link with evidence that Obama showed a Certificate of Live Birth when the news report says one of his staff flew out to get a certified photocopy of this one just in the past few days. Somehow this doesn't add up. It also doesn't add up since it's not required, from what I am hearing. I mean why would states be trying to pass laws requiring it if it's already required? Explain or fill in the missing evidence.

The one that the birthers have been claiming all along is not good enough was the legal documentation. It was the one that you and I need when we go to get our drivers license or a social security card.

It is identical to the one I had to produce when I needed to get a new Social Security Card and Drivers License. When I went in with my original hospital birth certificate I was rebuffed and had to file for an official Certificate of Live Birth (the same Obama document that has been out there since the start).

It's the one that he was most likely required to produce before he could run for public office. Because any other form of birth certificate was not going to satisfy the legal requirement.

patteeu

I didn't say anything about Jan Brewer.

ClevelandBronco
I firmly believe part of it is about race and part of it is because he is "different" or people believe he is "foreign".

There hasn't been a POTUS in our lifetime that had to go through the scrutiny of proving he was born here like Obama has. Coincidence?

Then I firmly believe that you obsess about race. Does that make you a racist? Yeah. In a sense.

Donger

His race has nothing to do with it, at least for me. No other POTUS born in my lifetime had a foreign national parent.

mlyonsd
04-27-2011, 10:52 AM

Ok that about made me fall out of my chair.

patteeu
04-27-2011, 10:52 AM

Yeah, along those lines, I wonder what dirk would have said if SHTSPRAYER had come along and bumped a bunch of old threads within minutes of each other.

|Zach|
04-27-2011, 10:53 AM
LMAO

alpha_omega
04-27-2011, 10:57 AM
Well, Trump has shown he can get something done.

dirk digler
04-27-2011, 10:58 AM
Then I firmly believe that you obsess about race. Does that make you a racist? Yeah. In a sense.

His race has nothing to do with it, at least for me. No other POTUS born in my lifetime had a foreign national parent.

I have witnessed this several times from family and my g/f family who are big Palin supporters.

I get spam email from them too about his race and him being a foreign born Muslim who swears on the Koran.

I am not saying you guys are like that but there people out there that his race is an issue.

patteeu
04-27-2011, 10:59 AM

There hasn't been a POTUS in our lifetime whose father was a foreign national, who spent most of his early childhood in a foreign country, whose mother was a radical atheist, and whose life story was shrouded in secrecy like this one either. Race doesn't even make the cut, much less the leaderboard.

BucEyedPea
04-27-2011, 11:00 AM
Well, Trump has shown he can get something done.

Now all that's needed is for someone to expose some of Trump's own hurdles:
Gave Reid $4800 in the last cycle, gave $24k to Rangel, supported a Canadian-style health-care system and hasn't voted in a Republican primary in 21 years but has registered with various parties. Some say he's a Democrat.

Donger
I have witnessed this several times from family and my g/f family who are big Palin supporters.

I get spam email from them too about his race and him being a foreign born Muslim who swears on the Koran.

I am not saying you guys are like that but there people out there that his race is an issue.

You don't have to be Black to be a Muslim.

alnorth

I've never had to show anyone my birth certificate until I got a passport recently. A SS card was good enough for the DL.

Not to give credence to the birthers, but from what I understand, Hawaii had a very peculiar law which may or may not have allowed a short-form birth certificate to be issued, and the only requirement was the parent is a US citizen, and she was a resident of hawaii for a year. The law didn't require proof that the baby was a citizen, that was assumed, perhaps incorrectly. That's odd because usually you have to go back to wherever state, but anyway Hawaii apparently had loose requirements for short-form certificates.

So, following birther logic, that presented a bit of a loophole. If 1) for some reason Obama wasn't a citizen (say only his mom was a citizen, who hypothetically gave birth overseas, the laws are hazy), and 2) she was able to bring him into hawaii for a year, then 3) voila short-form certificate is now available which basically allows you to get your child citizenship. These hoops are probably not necessary to jump through today since I think you now can be a citizen if one parent is a citizen, birthplace irrelevant. I also don't know if 1, 2, and 3 are all true or not, but if any of those 3 are not true, then the birther argument fails.

For me, the newspaper announcements were what was good enough. Even if you assume the entire birther argument was a possible, unlikely, but possible theory, I find it hard to believe 2 newspapers would ID a specific hospital so many years ago. I also doubt a 20-something year old mom or her parents would have been concerned enough about citizenship to do something that week. Perhaps they'd learn of it months or years later and try to do something about it, but not that week, they aren't adoption lawyers who need to know all the boring details of citizenship law.

BucEyedPea
04-27-2011, 11:01 AM

There's people like that here including him being a Muslim who swore on a Koran.

BucEyedPea
04-27-2011, 11:03 AM
For me, the newspaper announcements were what was good enough. Even if you assume the entire birther argument was a possible, unlikely, but possible theory, I find it hard to believe 2 newspapers would ID a specific hospital so many years ago. I also doubt a 20-something year old mom or her parents would have been concerned enough about citizenship to do something that week. Perhaps they'd learn of it months or years later and try to do something about it, but not that week, they aren't adoption lawyers who need to know all the boring details of citizenship law.

The newspaper announcements is what proved it to me as well.

dirk digler
04-27-2011, 11:03 AM
You don't have to be Black to be a Muslim.

I know but they tie it in all together. His race, where he was supposedly born from, his religion, to form their viewpoint that he is not one of us

Donger
04-27-2011, 11:04 AM
I know but they tie it in all together. His race, where he was supposedly born from, his religion, to form their viewpoint that he is not one of us

For some people, sure, his race matters. I'm sure that there were and are some people who don't support him just because he is Black. I'm also sure that there are some people who support him just because he is Black.

Jaric
04-27-2011, 11:06 AM
I've never had to show anyone my birth certificate until I got a passport recently. A SS card was good enough for the DL.

That's strange, I've had to show my BC here in Indiana for several different things.

State differences I guess.

dirk digler
04-27-2011, 11:10 AM
For some people, sure, his race matters. I'm sure that there were and are some people who don't support him just because he is Black. I'm also sure that there are some people who support him just because he is Black.

No disagreement.

ClevelandBronco
04-27-2011, 11:14 AM
Seems like a good time for a new sig.

Donger
04-27-2011, 11:15 AM
Seems like a good time for a new sig.

LMAO

Hays
04-27-2011, 11:20 AM
I think my main problem with this is that when all these questions came up he didn't/wouldn't show his bc. It took this long to finally show it.

Doesn't make sense to show it now does it?

|Zach|
04-27-2011, 11:24 AM
I think my main problem with this is that when all these questions came up he didn't/wouldn't show his bc. It took this long to finally show it.

Doesn't make sense to show it now does it?

Me personally? I wasn't really interested in the POTUS taking time out for every conspiracy spouting asshole who doesn't know what they were talking about.

This one just kept growing though.

The completely false basis for birthers claims is as unsurprising as them falling over themselves to attempt to prove it is a fake.

dirk digler
04-27-2011, 11:28 AM
Awesome

April 27, 2011

Birthers unmoved (http://www.politico.com/blogs/bensmith/0411/Birthers_unmoved.html?showall)

The theories about President Barack Obama's birth — as we reported last week (http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0411/53563.html) — have evolved over time from the idea that he was a Muslim to the modern incarnation that he was smuggled into the U.S. from Kenya. With the release of his long-form birth certificate today, they've evolved again.

Phil Berg, who filed one of the original birther lawsuits, now believes that Obama was adopted by his Indonesian father and lost his U.S. citizenship:
"I think the issue is that he's not any more natural born. I don't care if he releases his birth certificate or whatever," said Berg. "Let's see his records coming back through immigration."

Orly Taitz, once called 'Queen of the birthers' and who was responsible for a number of lawsuits, is verifying the document's authenticity and now believes that the president is using a false social security number.

"In Obama's Selective Service [document], his social security is listed as a Connecticut Social Security number," said Taitz, who has tried to have forgeries introduced into court filings before.

POLITICO could not verify that the document that she is referring to is genuine.

|Zach|
04-27-2011, 11:29 AM
I think Barack Obama has hot dogs in his brains.

Fact. Why doesn't he come out and show me why he doesn't.

WHY! It would be so easy.

Bewbies
04-27-2011, 11:31 AM
Can we at least thank Obama for eliminating Trump from the Presidential discussion?

Donger
04-27-2011, 11:31 AM
Phil Berg, who filed one of the original birther lawsuits, now believes that Obama was adopted by his Indonesian father and lost his U.S. citizenship:
"I think the issue is that he's not any more natural born. I don't care if he releases his birth certificate or whatever," said Berg. "Let's see his records coming back through immigration."

I don't see why he would lose his US citizenship if he was adopted by the Indonesian step-father.

Donger
04-27-2011, 11:32 AM
I think Barack Obama has hot dogs in his brains.

Fact. Why doesn't he come out and show me why he doesn't.

WHY! It would be so easy.

Well, at least we know that they wouldn't be pork-based hot dogs.

NewChief
04-27-2011, 11:33 AM
Awesome

April 27, 2011

Birthers unmoved (http://www.politico.com/blogs/bensmith/0411/Birthers_unmoved.html?showall)

The theories about President Barack Obama's birth — as we reported last week (http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0411/53563.html) — have evolved over time from the idea that he was a Muslim to the modern incarnation that he was smuggled into the U.S. from Kenya. With the release of his long-form birth certificate today, they've evolved again.

Orly Taitz, once called 'Queen of the birthers' and who was responsible for a number of lawsuits, is verifying the document's authenticity and now believes that the president is using a false social security number.

"In Obama's Selective Service [document], his social security is listed as a Connecticut Social Security number," said Taitz, who has tried to have forgeries introduced into court filings before.

POLITICO could not verify that the document that she is referring to is genuine.

Damnit. I was really hoping for aliens or the occult. This whole vast government conspiracy/manchurian candidate thing is getting predictable and boring. I need more crazy in my conspiracy nuts.

Pitt Gorilla
04-27-2011, 11:41 AM
Can we at least thank Obama for eliminating Trump from the Presidential discussion?Disagree. I think Trump is now the frontrunner. It appears that Trump played a role in getting Obama's crew to release the long form. If he can make Ds agree to do pointless things, why shouldn't he be the nominee? Granted, he'd be a terrible President, but he might be the most powerful R right now.

Pitt Gorilla
04-27-2011, 11:43 AM
Awesome

April 27, 2011

POLITICO could not verify that the document that she is referring to is genuine.http://www.dailyhaggis.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/o_rly.jpg

Bewbies
04-27-2011, 11:49 AM
Disagree. I think Trump is now the frontrunner. It appears that Trump played a role in getting Obama's crew to release the long form. If he can make Ds agree to do pointless things, why shouldn't he be the nominee? Granted, he'd be a terrible President, but he might be the most powerful R right now.

What's he going to run on? His extensive history of donating to democrats? China needing an import tax? Obama's college records? LMAO

Amnorix
04-27-2011, 11:49 AM
Well, it looks like it was released from Hawaii on April 25. I guess that contradicts all those who claimed that it COULDN'T be released to Obama. I forget who it was here who claimed that. One of our Hawaiian members, IIRC.

Right, because the POTUS has absolutely no way except to go through regular channels to get things. Nor could he ever get one iota more than Joe Blow.

Mr. Kotter
04-27-2011, 11:50 AM

Friggin' Limbaugh-Hannity-Beck tea party douchbag idiots..... LMAO

Just sayin'....heh

alnorth
04-27-2011, 11:52 AM
Awesome

April 27, 2011

Some Birthers unmoved (http://www.politico.com/blogs/bensmith/0411/Birthers_unmoved.html?showall)

FYP. Orly Taitz doesn't count as a birther, she's just insane. It would be like pointing to insane comments below a newspaper story as proof. (by the way, never read or post comments below newspaper stories. Only crazy people live there)

I don't know that there is a central birther committee, I've seen a lot of people who had identified themselves as birthers basically say "ok, done."

Donger
04-27-2011, 11:53 AM
Right, because the POTUS has absolutely no way except to go through regular channels to get things. Nor could he ever get one iota more than Joe Blow.

I'm not sure what you are trying to say. I'm not the one who claimed that Obama COULDN'T get access to his original. I claimed that he could. Orange and splatbass claimed he couldn't.

Amnorix
04-27-2011, 11:53 AM
I've been here as long as Donger and I've never noticed any asshattedness from him. BTW, what was he wrong about?

Ditto this. Donger's actually one of our more consistent members...

Okie_Apparition
04-27-2011, 11:57 AM
The entertainment is over :sulk:

Amnorix
04-27-2011, 12:04 PM
For me, it was the facts that his father was a foreign national and that Obama himself was a citizen of Kenya. Really just an icky factor that, IMO, required evidence beyond the previously released live birth certificate.

It seems that Obama eventually agreed.

Actually, no, the whole thing is silly. The Live Birth Certificate contains EVERYTHING you need to qualify as POTUS -- i.e. his name and the location of birth. What the hell else is there that matters?!? Oh right, nothing...

http://moniquemonicat.files.wordpress.com/2008/11/obama-birth-certificate1.jpg

BucEyedPea
04-27-2011, 12:06 PM
Well, at least we know that they wouldn't be pork-based hot dogs.

As if someone could cut open their skull open so we can see if there's hot-dogs inside.

Donger
04-27-2011, 12:07 PM
Actually, no, the whole thing is silly. The Live Birth Certificate contains EVERYTHING you need to qualify as POTUS -- i.e. his name and the location of birth. What the hell else is there that matters?!? Oh right, nothing...

http://moniquemonicat.files.wordpress.com/2008/11/obama-birth-certificate1.jpg

Required, yes. But the one just released does contain additional information, such as attending physician, hospital, etc.

Donger
As if someone could cut open their skull open so we can see if there's hot-dogs inside.

Amnorix
There hasn't been a POTUS in our lifetime whose father was a foreign national, who spent most of his early childhood in a foreign country, whose mother was a radical atheist, and whose life story was shrouded in secrecy like this one either. Race doesn't even make the cut, much less the leaderboard.

What's a "radical atheist"? One that bombs churches?

BucEyedPea
04-27-2011, 12:08 PM
Can we at least thank Obama for eliminating Trump from the Presidential discussion?

Yeah, I was wondering if this would end his campaign....but now he wants school records.

vailpass
04-27-2011, 12:09 PM
August 4, 1961. A day that will live in infamy.....

patteeu
What's a "radical atheist"? One that bombs churches?

Sorry, that was unclear. The radical was supposed to be related to her politics rather than her religious views. I guess I could have called her a communist athiest.

BucEyedPea
Disagree. I think Trump is now the frontrunner. It appears that Trump played a role in getting Obama's crew to release the long form. If he can make Ds agree to do pointless things, why shouldn't he be the nominee? Granted, he'd be a terrible President, but he might be the most powerful R right now.

Not powerful but one of most well known.

Amnorix
Required, yes. But the one just released does contain additional information, such as attending physician, hospital, etc.

And that matters why? Where in the Constitution are such items mentioned as requirements?

Born in the US. An official document stated that THIS GUY was born IN THE US. There was never any other requirement whatsoever.

Amnorix
04-27-2011, 12:10 PM
Sorry, that was unclear. The radical was supposed to be related to her politics rather than her religious views. I guess I could have called her a communist athiest.

I guess you can, but you're starting to sound alot like BEP so I'd be careful. :D

Okie_Apparition
04-27-2011, 12:11 PM
If they start the impeachment procedings now for withholding information. They still might get his presidential library located in Kenya.

patteeu
04-27-2011, 12:12 PM
I guess you can, but you're starting to sound alot like BEP so I'd be careful. :D

Ouch. I think the evidence that she was immersed in radical leftwing politics is pretty solid. Whether she was actually a card-carrying communist is less clear, which is why I avoided that description initially.

Donger
04-27-2011, 12:13 PM
And that matters why? Where in the Constitution are such items mentioned as requirements?

Born in the US. An official document stated that THIS GUY was born IN THE US. There was never any other requirement whatsoever.

I believe that we've been over this before. I'm well aware that he was under no legal requirement to produce this document, but some people (myself included) just wanted to see it to satiate concerns that everything was in order.

It appears that it is.

|Zach|
04-27-2011, 12:15 PM

Yea, I wish we had technology to show people empirically that there is indeed brains inside someone's head amongst other fully functional moving parts.

BucEyedPea
04-27-2011, 12:17 PM
It ain't over....

Will Release Of Obama's Purported Birth Certificate Give Rise To New "Certer" Movement? (http://www.thesmokinggun.com/buster/barack-obama/birth-obama-certer-movement-098513)

Check out the comments below.

FD
04-27-2011, 12:47 PM

As it happened, the President requested a special waiver and the Director of Health granted an exception. The communication between them was made public as well:

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2011/images/04/27/obama-birth-certificate-correspondence.pdf?hpt=C1

Pitt Gorilla
04-27-2011, 12:48 PM
Required, yes. But the one just released does contain additional information, such as attending physician, hospital, etc.None of which is of any consequence.

Donger
04-27-2011, 12:50 PM
None of which is of any consequence.

I wouldn't say that. Now we can correlate the specific place of birth with the birth announcements.

Pitt Gorilla
04-27-2011, 12:51 PM
I wouldn't say that. Now we can correlate the specific place of birth with the birth announcements.Couldn't we have deduced that already?

Donger
04-27-2011, 12:53 PM
Couldn't we have deduced that already?

Sort of. But it's nice to have corroborative information, right?

Donger
04-27-2011, 12:54 PM
As it happened, the President requested a special waiver and the Director of Health granted an exception. The communication between them was made public as well:

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2011/images/04/27/obama-birth-certificate-correspondence.pdf?hpt=C1

That can't be. Orange said so:

"Or are you actually suggesting Obama has some reason to lean on Hawaii to change their law for this? If so, you're wandering off into sportsshrink territory."

FD
04-27-2011, 01:01 PM
That can't be. Orange said so:

"Or are you actually suggesting Obama has some reason to lean on Hawaii to change their law for this? If so, you're wandering off into sportsshrink territory."

Eh. The people who were saying Obama couldn't get it if he wanted to were correct in that its the Department of Health's policy not to release it to anyone. That the Director of Health would grant an exception was not really foreseeable.

Donger
04-27-2011, 01:04 PM
Eh. The people who were saying Obama couldn't get it if he wanted to were correct in that its the Department of Health's policy not to release it to anyone. That the Director of Health would grant an exception was not really foreseeable.

Ahem:

"No, I don't know that. We've been told that Obama's original exists. You really think that the President of the United States would not be given a copy of his original BC if he requested it?"

ROYC75
04-27-2011, 01:04 PM

What? Obama, Ambercrombie, State of Hawaii, ? What ?

Since Obama wanted to let it fly, they were all for it to make that exception!

Chalk one up for the D's.

mnchiefsguy
04-27-2011, 01:05 PM
Glad this is done and the issue can be put to rest. The issue never really had much merit to it, but the stubbornness of the WH, and the longer the issue went on seemed to give it momentum and credibility that it would not have had, had Obama just taken care of it in the first place.

In Missouri, for the record, you have to have a state issued birth certificate. It must be embossed with a raised state seal. Hospital issued b.c.'s and certificates of live birth are not acceptable. According to the DMV, this is a national Homeland Security policy. I only know this because when my wife tried to get her MO driver's license, her MN state issued birth certificate was not good enough, because it was such an old copy the embossed raised seal had degraded and was no longer legible.

patteeu
04-27-2011, 01:06 PM

Come on. It was entirely foreseeable. It would be shocking if such a lowly functionary refused to grant a waiver to the POTUS.

Pitt Gorilla
04-27-2011, 01:07 PM
Sort of. But it's nice to have corroborative information, right?Not really. The deduction was clear. At that point, the additional information is extraneous.

Donger
04-27-2011, 01:10 PM
Not really. The deduction was clear. At that point, the additional information is extraneous.

Like I said, it's nice to have another original source stating where he was born specifically. It's corroborative evidence that we didn't have before.

Pitt Gorilla
04-27-2011, 01:14 PM
Like I said, it's nice to have another original source stating where he was born specifically. It's corroborative evidence that we didn't have before.It wasn't needed. Was two (pieces of evidence) really the threshold for your belief?

Donger
04-27-2011, 01:16 PM
It wasn't needed. Was two (pieces of evidence) really the threshold for your belief?

Sure. You don't think it's nice that we have a newspaper announcement now backed up by a state document?

patteeu
04-27-2011, 01:16 PM
It wasn't needed. Was two (pieces of evidence) really the threshold for your belief?

Why are you so resistant to this harmless level of transparency?

Pitt Gorilla
04-27-2011, 01:20 PM
Why are you so resistant to this harmless level of transparency?I'm not resistant at all. It's perfectly fine for him to release it. It simply does nothing to change the situation one bit. A person versed in even the most rudimentary bit of logic had no trouble drawing the correct conclusion. I guess I don't see what this adds.

But hey, if it helps people like Donger, good for Obama.

Donger
04-27-2011, 01:22 PM
I guess I don't see what this adds.

I already told you what it adds.

1) It corroborates the newspaper birth announcement.

2) It lists the name of the attending physician.

Pitt Gorilla
04-27-2011, 01:24 PM

2) It lists the name of the attending physician.How does that aid the deduction at all?

Edit: Never mind. We're really not going anywhere with this, which I suppose is to be expected. The information helps you, it's superfluous to me.

Donger
04-27-2011, 01:27 PM
How does that aid the deduction at all?

I didn't say it does. I'm just pointing out that it adds both hitherto unknown information (the physician) and adds corroboration to the newspaper announcement.

Pitt Gorilla
04-27-2011, 01:30 PM
I didn't say it does. I'm just pointing out that it adds both hitherto unknown information (the physician) and adds corroboration to the newspaper announcement.Very good. See my note below. I shouldn't assume my biases going in (Occam's razor, logical deduction) are shared by all.

Donger
04-27-2011, 01:32 PM
Very good. See my note below. I shouldn't assume my biases going in (Occam's razor, logical deduction) are shared by all.

Okay. I just fail to see how anyone can see corroborating evidence and not think that it helps prove the case that he was indeed born in Hawaii. You do agree that it helps corroborate the assumption that the newspaper announcement was valid, right?

Pitt Gorilla
04-27-2011, 01:36 PM
Okay. I just fail to see how anyone can see corroborating evidence and not think that it helps prove the case that he was indeed born in Hawaii. You do agree that it helps corroborate the assumption that the newspaper announcement was valid, right?Sure. Was there ever a legitimate question regarding its validity?

vailpass
04-27-2011, 01:37 PM
This proves it. I KNEW obama's mother was a mud shark.

Donger
04-27-2011, 01:37 PM
Sure. Was there ever a legitimate question regarding its validity?

Are any official records required in order to place a birth announcement?

Pitt Gorilla
04-27-2011, 01:39 PM
Are any official records required in order to place a birth announcement?I have no idea.

Edit: Now that I think about it, I think the hospital(s) took care of that for our family. I imagine they had access to the records, although I don't know if they are required or not.

Donger
04-27-2011, 01:42 PM
I have no idea.

So, you merely took the birth announcements as being accurate and factual based on, what?

The_Grand_Illusion
04-27-2011, 01:43 PM
I wonder why the BC they produced is layered. The blogosphere is exploding wondering why a scanned document is layered.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/EgVIei87oFo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Pitt Gorilla
04-27-2011, 01:44 PM
So, you merely took the birth announcements as being accurate and factual based on, what?What percent of birth announcements are inaccurate and not "factual based"?

Donger
04-27-2011, 01:45 PM
What percent of birth announcements are inaccurate and not "factual based"?

I don't know.

Donger
04-27-2011, 01:47 PM
I wonder why the BC they produced is layered. The blogosphere is exploding wondering why a scanned document is layered.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/EgVIei87oFo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I don't know what any of that means. But, it looks like the long form was in some kind of book. There's curvature on the left side, which tells me that they opened the book up to the relevant page and then photocopied that page. They then took that new photocopied page and had it signed and notarized. Would that explain the "layering"?

dirk digler
04-27-2011, 01:47 PM

<iframe title="YouTube video player" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/EgVIei87oFo" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="390" width="480"></iframe>

LMAO I was right

|Zach|
04-27-2011, 01:51 PM
The blogosphere is exploding

Oh shit no!

LMAO

The_Grand_Illusion
04-27-2011, 01:52 PM
I don't know what any of that means. But, it looks like the long form was in some kind of book. There's curvature on the left side, which tells me that they opened the book up to the relevant page and then photocopied that page. They then took that new photocopied page and had it signed and notarized. Would that explain the "layering"?

I am curious as to why too. I just read a graphic artist claim it shouldn't have all that layering. This video broke it down and found quite a few layers. I guess we'll find out eventually.

mikey23545
04-27-2011, 02:10 PM

[IMG]http://img854.imageshack.us/img854/5895/obamabirthcertificate1.jpg (http://img854.imageshack.us/i/obamabirthcertificate1.jpg/)

You're right...That does seem to include all the pertinent data.

BucEyedPea
04-27-2011, 02:16 PM

I put a link up to those questions myself. It was more under the topic of "It Ain't Goin' to End" though.

Now let's look at this another way. It could have been a doubter placing the certificate against another background....and it could have been the same to create layers and claim Obama's people did the layering. I guess the original would have to be looked at to end all the speculation for the doubters.

Inspector
04-27-2011, 03:15 PM
Pretty much. I've said all along that the fact that his father was a foreign national made the possibility of Obama not being born on US soil more likely compared to a candidate who was born of two US parents. A candidate born of two US parents even outside the US is pretty much a natural born citizen. There are caveats when one of the parents not a US citizen, as was the case with Obama.

I had wondered if that was the case and was kind of confused.

One of my nephews was born in Australia. My sister was, at the time, an American citizen. It was my understanding that her son was also an American citizen due to his mom being one - regardless of where he was born.

My sister's older son was born in Kansas City but he was an Australian citizen at birth due to his father being an Austalian citizen. (or so I was told)My understanding was that both the boys had duel citizenship.

Maybe I misunderstood all that. And that's why I had always thought that it wouldn't matter if Obama had been born elsewhere since his mom was a citizen.

My sister has since renounced her citizenship but I'm not sure about the status of the boys. Doesn't matter really. Neither are considering a run for president anyway.

Amnorix
04-27-2011, 03:21 PM
Sure. You don't think it's nice that we have a newspaper announcement now backed up by a state document?

The state document already backed it up. It said Honolulu Hawaii. Unless there's a portion of that city that is NOT in the United States, then specific hospital, etc. is absolutely irrelevant.

This has nothing to do with Constitutional requirements and everything to do with either paranoia or wanting for vague and irrelevant reasons to "feel better" about it.

Amnorix
04-27-2011, 03:22 PM

So did the original certificate.

2) It lists the name of the attending physician.

Required why? Oh right, it's NOT.

Query whether a midwife could birth a POTUS. Apparently not, in your book?

Amnorix
04-27-2011, 03:23 PM
Are any official records required in order to place a birth announcement?

Yes. The newspapers got them DIRECTLY from the Hawaiin department of health. They were not ads placed by individuals!

Donger
04-27-2011, 03:24 PM
I had wondered if that was the case and was kind of confused.

One of my nephews was born in Australia. My sister was, at the time, an American citizen. It was my understanding that her son was also an American citizen due to his mom being one - regardless of where he was born.

My sister's older son was born in Kansas City but he was an Australian citizen at birth due to his father being an Austalian citizen. (or so I was told)My understanding was that both the boys had duel citizenship.

Maybe I misunderstood all that. And that's why I had always thought that it wouldn't matter if Obama had been born elsewhere since his mom was a citizen.

My sister has since renounced her citizenship but I'm not sure about the status of the boys. Doesn't matter really. Neither are considering a run for president anyway.

There's a difference between being a US citizen and being a "natural born" citizen. I'm one but not the other.

Here's a synopsis:

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.eb1d4c2a3e5b9ac89243c6a7543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=d4c3a3ac86aa3210VgnVCM100000b92ca60aRCRD&vgnextchannel=d4c3a3ac86aa3210VgnVCM100000b92ca60aRCRD

Donger
04-27-2011, 03:25 PM
So did the original certificate.

The COLB didn't list the hospital.

Required why? Oh right, it's NOT.

Query whether a midwife could birth a POTUS. Apparently not, in your book?

Huh? I'm just taking issue with the "it doesn't add anything" comment. It does.

Donger
04-27-2011, 03:26 PM
Yes. The newspapers got them DIRECTLY from the Hawaiin department of health. They were not ads placed by individuals!

Really? Are you sure about that?

Amnorix
04-27-2011, 03:28 PM
Layering. ROFL ROFL

It will never end, and that is precisely why Obama should never have paid any attention.

After all, 9/11 was an inside job too...

Amnorix
04-27-2011, 03:31 PM
The COLB didn't list the hospital.

Huh? I'm just taking issue with the "it doesn't add anything" comment. It does.

Sure, it adds soemthing, but it's extraneous information. Want to know which room of the hospital? Which nurses were present? How long the mother stayed there? Length and weight? Why not? It's all just as "important" as what the long form adds over the previously provided certificate.

dirk digler
04-27-2011, 03:33 PM

He is right

Could Obama's 1961 birth announcement in the Honolulu Star Bulletin be a fake? Some conspiracy theorists say yes. Longtime Honolulu newspaper reporter Dan Nakaso says no.

"It's not possible," Nakaso told CNN. "Under the system that existed back then, there was no avenue for people to submit information that way. ... The information came directly from the state Department of Health."

Donger
04-27-2011, 03:33 PM
Sure, it adds soemthing, but it's extraneous information. Want to know which room of the hospital? Which nurses were present? How long the mother stayed there? Length and weight? Why not? It's all just as "important" as what the long form adds over the previously provided certificate.

Sure, that would be great. The more information the better.

Amnorix
04-27-2011, 03:34 PM

That's what I've read. I haven't personally been employed by Hawaiin newspapers in the birth announcement section or anything, so I haven't personally verified it...

I even found it for you.

The problem with this? Parents and relatives don’t, and didn’t, get to place birth announcements in the Honolulu Advertiser or the Honolulu Star-Bulletin. As a Star-Bulletin employee explained (http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=104678) to WorldNetDaily, the editors “print what we receive from the Department of Health Vital Statistics System,” and did so in 1961. And the Advertiser worked the same way.

Unsurprisingly, WorldNetDaily used that information to argue that the state could have had bogus information that it passed on to the newspaper, which is absurd on its face. But it really should be enough to debunk this “Obama’s grandparents lied to win a future custody suit” theory.

http://washingtonindependent.com/52625/mythbusting-the-honolulu-newspaper-birth-announcment

Amnorix
04-27-2011, 03:34 PM
Sure, that would be great. The more information the better.

If by "better" you mean "satisfying your curiosity but of absolutely no Constitutional relevance whatsoever", then I agree, it is better.

Donger
04-27-2011, 03:35 PM
He is right

Okay, fair enough. Still, it IS nice to see the actual document which backs up the announcement, right?

orange
04-27-2011, 03:36 PM
Layering. ROFL ROFL

It will never end, and that is precisely why Obama should never have paid any attention.

After all, 9/11 was an inside job too...

I think Brewer was the tipping point. She deserved some cover for her courageous stand.

dirk digler
04-27-2011, 03:37 PM
Okay, fair enough. Still, it IS nice to see the actual document which backs up the announcement, right?

No I wish they would have waited until about 2 days before the election ended or after. They had the upper hand politically on this and I think they blew it.

Inspector
04-27-2011, 03:41 PM
There's a difference between being a US citizen and being a "natural born" citizen. I'm one but not the other.

Here's a synopsis:

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.eb1d4c2a3e5b9ac89243c6a7543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=d4c3a3ac86aa3210VgnVCM100000b92ca60aRCRD&vgnextchannel=d4c3a3ac86aa3210VgnVCM100000b92ca60aRCRD

Ah....I see.

Thanks dude!

RedNeckRaider
04-27-2011, 03:42 PM
I am a huge fan of removing this embarrassment from office. That said it makes the right look weak and intimidated to keep on with this crap. They appear as though they feel they are unable to defeat him in the election without creating a scandal. I will say unless they can get a candidate that fits the new tea party/republican (some how the republicans became the tea party which is strange but I digress) market they may be right~

Donger
04-27-2011, 03:45 PM
If by "better" you mean "satisfying your curiosity but of absolutely no Constitutional relevance whatsoever", then I agree, it is better.

Absolutely. I've never claimed otherwise. I would like to verify that his "mother" was in the delivery room and not a jackal, however.

oldandslow
04-27-2011, 03:50 PM
all this really does is explain why Obama will win another election...he or his handlers are very good at the campaign game...he makes the right look like fools, releasing this after so much pent up angst.

The public simply view the repubs as nut jobs.

A horrible pres...but he is pretty damn good at this game.

Donger
04-27-2011, 03:53 PM
all this really does is explain why Obama will win another election...he or his handlers are very good at the campaign game...he makes the right look like fools, releasing this after so much pent up angst.

I'm not sure I agree with you. This can easily be spun differently.

And, it's always easier to campaign without a body of work behind you, as in 2008.

Obama will actually have to defend himself in 2012.

Pennywise
04-27-2011, 04:04 PM
Absolutely. I've never claimed otherwise. I would like to verify that his "mother" was in the delivery room and not a jackal, however.

She isn't a jackal silly. She's a mudshark.

Donger
04-27-2011, 04:05 PM
She isn't a jackal silly. She's a mudshark.

I don't know what that is (and don't really want to know, I think).

Pitt Gorilla
04-27-2011, 04:10 PM
She isn't a jackal silly. She's a mudshark.Ok, I've seen that on here a few times now. What does it mean?

(I assume it makes as much sense as Donger's jackal comment.)

Donger
04-27-2011, 04:12 PM
Ok, I've seen that on here a few times now. What does it mean?

(I assume it makes as much sense as Donger's jackal comment.)

I couldn't help it. I had to look it up. I'm not going to repeat it, however.

And, do you know that a jackal didn't birth Obama?

patteeu
04-27-2011, 04:15 PM
I am a huge fan of removing this embarrassment from office. That said it makes the right look weak and intimidated to keep on with this crap. They appear as though they feel they are unable to defeat him in the election without creating a scandal. I will say unless they can get a candidate that fits the new tea party/republican (some how the republicans became the tea party which is strange but I digress) market they may be right~

How does the left look to you?

patteeu
04-27-2011, 04:18 PM

I don't think this move will matter one iota by the time the election rolls around.

Chiefshrink
04-27-2011, 04:19 PM

:thumb:

Damn! I have gone through this whole thread and was expecting a helluva alot more "smack":shrug: Thx for the grace:thumb: But then again, it wasn't too long ago that the Mainstream Marxist Press and Lefty Libs were 'frothing' at the mouth(hook,line & sinker) on Bush's National Guard document and we all know what happened there:shrug: So, did the Lefties have the right to ask questions when this document came out not realizing it was forged at the time as did "We The People" have the right to see a legit longform BC when all that was revealed was a COLB that wouldn't even qualify to get your kid onto a little league team especially when you are running for POTUS?

Hell yes!:thumb:

As I have said all along I am a "proofer" and not a "birther". Early on I thought there might be a chance that he was born in Kenya but as time went on it looked more like he was born in Hawaii and that there might be something embarrassing on this so-called long form. But obviously that is not the case 'for now'. Contrary to popular belief I am not a "conspiracy guy" for the sake of "conspiracy". Am I saying this long form is a "forge"? No I am not and I must accept it for now, unless there is reasonable evidence to suggest otherwise in the future. All I have ever wanted were just the facts to the questions that have not been answered adequately. And there are still a "manure load" of questions that still need to be answered that we will probably never get. (a la sealed academic records,financial and legal records.

The race "African" is still puzzling as 'Donger' said earlier especially when "negro and colored" were used on BCs for black babies born in Hawaii at that hospital not only in that time period but that week of Aug 4,1961. And the health dept # is out of sync with the Nordyke twins but that is not enough evidence.

Quite frankly, as I have said before it really is not about the long form BC, that is secondary IMO. The potential real "smoking gun" IMO are in his sealed academic,financial and legal records from age 18 until he decided to run for the U.S. Senate. Now it will go from the BC to SSN#. How did he get an 042 registered to someone else? Clerical error? Pleeeeeeeeeeeease!

Some of you are too young to remember the Nixon Era but by Obama releasing his long form today could be the equivelant of Nixon initially releasing 'just a few tapes' which eventually led to the erased 18 minutes of tape which eventually led to John Dean outing him and thus impeachment. Does Obama have a John Dean type in the wings? IMO, every politician has a John Dean waiting to out you. The trick is to know who your political enemies are and especially those sitting right next to you to keep them close and nuetralized as they say.

By Obama revealing this long form BC he is hoping to accomplish several things:

1)Create a 'stopgap' in his sliding poll #'s by creating public sympathy for himself in hopes that now America will turn against Paul Ryan and the Repubs because Ryan has pissed "O" off on budget cutting calling "O" out, and America loves Ryan's plan far more because Ryan has taken control of the narrative on this issue.

2) divert attention away from the eonomy because gas will be $5.00 by Memorial Day.

3) And one of the biggest reasons for diversion is what 'talastan' referenced earlier and that is The Federal Reserve wants to legislate law to force banks to buy our debt by drastically increasing the cash reserves in these banks only for the Federal debt because the rest of the world will eventually stop buying our debt. This means there will be little cash reserve for loans to the private sector(economic suppression).

4) To bitchslap "We The People" Tea Party in hopes to neutralize, embarrass(label them as racists) and most of all get them to quit pursuing and asking questions about his early life stated inconsistencies and hoping this release of the BC will suffice and that he will not have to release anymore sealed documents. IMO, "We The People" logicial will say ok let's see the rest of the sealed documents.

When you have Franklin Graham piling on with Trump and America agreeing as well on this BC issue and your poll #'s are sliding worse than California mud then pulling out this long form BC makes sense to create sympathy and divert attention away from the real issues.

But IMO, now America will want to see the rest of his 'sealed records'.

Fish
04-27-2011, 04:23 PM
Quite frankly, as I have said before it really is not about the long form BC, that is secondary IMO.

LMAO

Radar Chief
04-27-2011, 04:25 PM
I would like to verify that his "mother" was in the delivery room and not a jackal, however.

When the Jews return to Zion
And a comet rips the sky
And the Holy Roman Empire rises,
Then You and I must die.
From the eternal sea he rises,
Creating armies on either shore,
Turning man against his brother
'Til man exists no more. /Father Brennan

RedNeckRaider
04-27-2011, 04:27 PM
How does the left look to you?

The same bad joke they have always been. It is clear what they are doing and what they wish to do~

dirk digler
04-27-2011, 04:29 PM
You are right ss it is not about the long form you only started about 100 threads on the topic.

Dumbass

LMAO

BucEyedPea
04-27-2011, 04:37 PM
You are right ss it is not about the long form you only started about 100 threads on the topic.

Dumbass

LMAO

I remember him later and eventually saying about there being something else to hide. I think there's a thread about that he put up. Since, you're bumping 'em all you might try a more thorough bumping.

BucEyedPea
04-27-2011, 04:40 PM
I saw this on another board, as in perhaps the media could get a few things right. How 'bout we lay some blame with them?

Sunday, June 27, 2004

Kenyan-born Obama all set for US Senate Kenyan-born US Senate hopeful, Barrack Obama, appeared set to take over the Illinois Senate seat after his main rival, Jack Ryan, dropped out of the race on Friday night amid a furor over lurid sex club allegations.

The allegations that horrified fellow Republicans and caused his once-promising candidacy to implode in four short days have given Obama a clear lead as Republicans struggled to fetch an alternative.

Ryan’s campaign began to crumble on Monday following the release of embarrassing records from his divorce. In the records, his ex-wife, Boston Public actress Jeri Ryan, said her former husband took her to kinky sex clubs in Paris, New York and New Orleans.

Barrack Obama"It’s clear to me that a vigorous debate on the issues most likely could not take place if I remain in the race," Ryan, 44, said in a statement. "What would take place, rather, is a brutal, scorched-earth campaign – the kind of campaign that has turned off so many voters, the kind of politics I refuse to play."

Although Ryan disputed the allegations, saying he and his wife went to one ‘avant-garde’ club in Paris and left because they felt uncomfortable, lashed out at the media and said it was "truly outrageous" that the Chicago Tribune got a judge to unseal the records.

The Republican choice will become an instant underdog in the campaign for the seat of retiring Republican Senator Peter Fitzgerald, since Obama held a wide lead even before the scandal broke.

"I feel for him actually," Obama told a Chicago TV station. "What he’s gone through over the last three days I think is something you wouldn’t wish on anybody."

The Republican state committee must now choose a replacement for Ryan, who had won in the primaries against seven contenders. Its task is complicated by the fact that Obama holds a comfortable lead in the polls and is widely regarded as a rising Democratic star.

The chairwoman of the Illinois Republican Party, Judy Topinka, said at a news conference, after Ryan withdrew, that Republicans would probably take several weeks to settle on a new candidate.

"Obviously, this is a bad week for our party and our state," she said.

As recently as Thursday, spokesmen for the Ryan campaign still insisted that Ryan would remain in the race. Ryan had defended himself saying, "There’s no breaking of any laws. There’s no breaking of any marriage laws. There’s no breaking of the Ten Commandments anywhere."

—AP

ROFL
http://classic-web.archive.org/web/20040627142700/eastandard.net/headlines/news26060403.htm

dirk digler
04-27-2011, 04:45 PM
I remember him later and eventually saying about there being something else to hide. I think there's a thread about that he put up. Since, you're bumping 'em all you might try a more thorough bumping.

Of course he believes there is something else because he looks like a dumbass now. Now it is on to his SSN, Selective Service Registration, grades, transcripts...it never is going to end.

The thing is I like ss I am just trying to help him realize how stupid he looks.

|Zach|
04-27-2011, 04:45 PM
Bwahahahahahahaha @ sportsshrink

orange
04-27-2011, 04:49 PM
I saw this on another board, as in perhaps the media could get a few things right. How 'bout we lay some blame with them?

I guess I'll cancel my subscription to the Kenyan Standard Times, now.

Iowanian
04-27-2011, 05:14 PM
Obama made a big fuss about being transparent.

He's transparent alright if you're looking at his agenda, but not even opaque when people want to view something that questions him or his policy. Turns out, he doesn't like people double checking his facts, questioning anything he says, or showing information to back up those things in which people question.

Obama sucks and has risen past his level of competency.

Chiefshrink
04-27-2011, 05:24 PM
Of course he believes there is something else because he looks like a dumbass now. Now it is on to his SSN, Selective Service Registration, grades, transcripts...it never is going to end.

The thing is I like ss I am just trying to help him realize how stupid he looks.

Looking stupid is one thing Dirk, but I refuse to be manipulated by Marxist tactics being told to accept a COLB for running for POTUS when a COLB won't even qualify my kid for little league. I have a right as an American Citizen to see the 'real deal' and I do not feel stupid in the least because this is how you protect your country by asking the hard questions to both sides of the aisle something the Mainstream Marxist press refuses to do. Oh unless of course you are a conservative and then it's Alinsky assassination time. :thumb:

BTW, did you ever hear from your real mother?

Chiefshrink
04-27-2011, 05:25 PM
Obama made a big fuss about being transparent.

He's transparent alright if you're looking at his agenda, but not even opaque when people want to view something that questions him or his policy. Turns out, he doesn't like people double checking his facts, questioning anything he says, or showing information to back up those things in which people question.

Obama sucks and has risen past his level of competency.

:thumb:

RubberSponge
04-27-2011, 05:32 PM
As I have said all along I am a "proofer" and not a "birther".

And now you are an afterbirther.

Chiefshrink
04-27-2011, 05:33 PM
I'm not sure I agree with you. This can easily be spun differently.

And, it's always easier to campaign without a body of work behind you, as in 2008.

Obama will actually have to defend himself in 2012.

Precisely:thumb:

Chiefshrink
04-27-2011, 05:35 PM

:LOL: Nice wit!

No, I am still a 'proofer' in which he still has alot of questions to be answered:thumb:

BucEyedPea
04-27-2011, 05:39 PM

No I was referring to earlier than today when he did put a thread up saying he may be born here but it's something else that was on the BC he was likely hiding.

FD
04-27-2011, 05:51 PM

http://www.theonion.com/articles/afterbirthers-demand-to-see-obamas-placenta,6866/
Afterbirthers Demand To See Obama's Placenta

WASHINGTON–In the continuing controversy surrounding the president's U.S. citizenship, a new fringe group informally known as "Afterbirthers" demanded Monday the authentication of Barack Obama's placenta from his time inside his mother's womb. "All we are asking is that the president produce a sample of his fetal membranes and vessels—preferably along with a photo of the crowning and delivery—and this will all be over," said former presidential candidate and Afterbirthers spokesman Alan Keyes, later adding that his organization would be willing to settle for a half-liter of maternal cord plasma. "To this day, the American people have not seen a cervical mucus plug, let alone one that has been signed and notarized by a state-certified Hawaiian health official. If the president was indeed born in the manner in which he claims, then where is his gestation sac?" Keyes said that if Obama did not soon produce at least a bloody bedsheet from his conception, Afterbirthers would push forward with efforts to exhume the president's deceased mother and inspect the corpse's pelvic bone and birth canal.

BucEyedPea
04-27-2011, 05:52 PM
LMAO

mlyonsd
04-27-2011, 06:54 PM
I'm glad we're through with this "silliness" so Obama can get on to more important things like a taping of the Oprah show.

http://www.latimes.com/news/politics/la-pn-obama-oprah-birth-certificate-20110427,0,3514817.story

Earthling
04-27-2011, 07:19 PM
I would be willing to bet that Trump would have charged $100/head for people to see his BC, had the roles been reversed. :p

Pitt Gorilla
04-27-2011, 07:27 PM

No, I am still a 'proofer' in which he still has alot of questions to be answered:thumb:I thought this was the proof you were seeking. What did Hannity tell you to think now?

jjjayb
04-27-2011, 09:28 PM
Anybody have illustrator and care to try this?

http://gatewaypundit.rightnetwork.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/Long-Form-Fake.jpg

Look at the attached JPG… (which shows what you will see when opening the PDF in Illustrator and how to get there)… but to recap… if you open the PDF in Illustrator (instead of Photoshop) – Select the entire document and go to the Object menu and choose Clipping Mask > Release. Repeat as necessary until all clipping masks are released. Also open the Layer and turn off the visibility of each clipping group and you can see all the numerous places in which information was added (edited) into the form.

Anything to this or just more BS?

Chiefshrink
04-27-2011, 09:44 PM

http://gatewaypundit.rightnetwork.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/Long-Form-Fake.jpg

We'll eventually find out. But Obama does have the Fed behind him to get creatively convincing:thumb:

BucEyedPea
04-27-2011, 09:53 PM
I work in Illustrator quite a bit. But I am relaxing right now for a bit.

I commented earlier how someone who doesn't like Obama can use the photocopy and still go in and make their own layers.

Frankie
04-27-2011, 10:03 PM
If I were Obama I would wait for the general election to do this. In fact between now and then I would start little rumors that there could be something to this birther thing. That way the Tea Party would get up in arms about it and the GOP candidate would have to join in to appease them. Then I would hit them with it and watch the egg on their faces at election time.

(Frankie, taking a page from Carl Rove's book of devious tactics.)

headsnap
04-27-2011, 10:11 PM

I think the think is bogus... I didn't get into the whole 'birther' thing, really didn't care for the issue but this pdf if not of an original document, it poses more questions than it answers.

I opened it in Illustrator and the attached is what I got. Look at the date, look at the 'K' in Kansas, the irregularities in the pixels in the signatures, etc... this thing is NOT a direct scan of a document.

BucEyedPea
04-27-2011, 10:33 PM

I just opened in Illustrator. It is in layers.

What I didn't see:

It's not an Illustrator-created pattern. It's a linked image from another source that was placed into the document. There's no Pattern design in the Patterns swatches either confirming it wasn't created in Illustrator but a linked image. But that's not the only linked image there's some type but just certain letters.

What I did see:

• It is a Clipping Mask though and I did release that.

• Not only did I release it but I hid it to see what else was there besides that image as the layers are there. The certificate is mostly a black and white copy with some missing letters in areas. The B&W parts are also linked to an image file.

• But the green pattern by itself without the black type looks like it's the same but is reversed with white letters or reverse copy.( letters and words). It looks like it's from a negative to me. Then the B&W overlays that which is just the positive version. I checked the white to see if it matches the black type in the stamped date area and it definitely matches indicating no foul play.

I don't know much about microfiche or film but I just did a quick look via google and this seems to me to be like this was done to clean up an old and poor copy so it could be readable. As the white words/copy match the B&W. So no it's not all a direct scan or photo but not necessarily a fake either.

I'll show you in the next post.

Frankie
04-27-2011, 10:33 PM
I think the think is bogus... I didn't get into the whole 'birther' thing, ......

I opened it in Illustrator and the attached is what I got. Look at the date, look at the 'K' in Kansas, the irregularities in the pixels in the signatures, etc... this thing is NOT a direct scan of a document.

Come on dude. If you were not "into the whole 'birther' thing" you would not even spend a minute doing what you did.

BucEyedPea
04-27-2011, 10:38 PM
Here's the cert without the positive (black) text overlayed.

Brock
04-27-2011, 10:39 PM

No, I am still a 'proofer' in which he still has alot of questions to be answered:thumb:

LOL, you're a fool, straight up.

BucEyedPea
04-27-2011, 10:43 PM
Here's the black and white overlayed using another layer. The copy does match the white underneath copy underneath which seems to have some blurry edges which doesn't seem unusual of microfilm or microfiche. I looked at three parts closely. The stamp and and signature area and some missing letter. I suppose I could study it more but for now....

headsnap
04-27-2011, 10:45 PM
Come on dude. If you were not "into the whole 'birther' thing" you would not even spend a minute doing what you did.
LOL...

BucEyedPea
04-27-2011, 10:45 PM
To Post #242:
Well son of a gun—LOOK at what happens when I click the smaller image it comes up in reverse just like a piece of microfiche. I'd like to look at that closer to check the match to the white on the green pattern. It shows some scraggly dots where those squares were on that earlier image showing the layers. Could be dirt. So they were covered up with a white box seems likely? I can make it a jpg and show the positive—black on white. I'll do that next.

BucEyedPea
04-27-2011, 10:49 PM
One more try and it works in positive aka black text and lines on a white background.

There were typewritten single letters linked as images like a "k" or an "n" ( from memory) but like that that seemed to fix missing letters. Also on part of signature where it appeared dirty and needed repair to be legible.

I think this is a case of missing information when one sees the layers because of the nature of the stored file and someone just cleaning it up for display. I mean who knows maybe there'd be a complaint that it could not be read or had missing text if they hadn't. Only thing I can't make sense of is the current date stamp showing as reverse in white. JMO to date.

go bowe
04-27-2011, 11:05 PM
And now you are an afterbirther.tooo-fucking-shay, motherfucker!!!

afterbirther, i love it!!!!1!!!

The_Grand_Illusion
04-28-2011, 12:12 AM
One more try and it works in positive aka black text and lines on a white background.

There were typewritten single letters linked as images like a "k" or an "n" ( from memory) but like that that seemed to fix missing letters. Also on part of signature where it appeared dirty and needed repair to be legible.

I think this is a case of missing information when one sees the layers because of the nature of the stored file and someone just cleaning it up for display. I mean who knows maybe there'd be a complaint that it could not be read or had missing text if they hadn't. Only thing I can't make sense of is the current date stamp showing as reverse in white. JMO to date.

Check out what this person discovered. The last number in the serial number when blown up and one of the dates down at the bottom.

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/2eOfYwYyS_c" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

ClevelandBronco
04-28-2011, 12:31 AM
Check out what this person discovered. The last number in the serial number when blown up and one of the dates down at the bottom.

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/2eOfYwYyS_c" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I have downloaded the assembled — and I stress ASSEMBLED — pdf image from whitehouse.gov. I have opened it in Illustrator and I can vouch for what this guy is seeing. I see a document that is made up of many layers. I will isolate each elemental layer and post them individually.

There is no explanation that I can think of for this document to be what it is. Seriously, guys, I can think of no reason at all that this document should be presented this way.

ClevelandBronco
04-28-2011, 12:57 AM
When I take the thing apart, her's what I get.

First the bottom layer, then the next, then all others (there are 9 total). Last, I zoom in on the number series on the upper right.

Note: I added the red dashed lines in order to keep track of where everything is from image to image.

ClevelandBronco
04-28-2011, 12:59 AM
I can perhaps understand why the marks from 2011 are in a separate link. I can't for the life of me explain why anything else should be linked separately.