PDA

View Full Version : Pro Football Focus KC Draft Needs

Chiefnj2
04-27-2011, 09:12 AM
http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2011/04/21/help-wanted-kansas-city-chiefs/

Basically, the feel the top 3 draft needs are (in order of importance) OLB, T and WR. They feel strongly about the lack of a pass rusher opposite Hali.

Count Zarth
04-27-2011, 09:14 AM
There is no fucking way T is more important than WR.

WR is the most glaring need on this team. We could get by with only Hali and Gilberry for another year. We can't get by with Bowe, Moeaki and dumps to Charles for our passing game.

Pestilence
04-27-2011, 09:24 AM
I just don't see us taking an OLB at #21. I think they're going to just put Studebaker into Vrabel's spot and give him a shot. That leaves NT and WR as our biggest needs.

OnTheWarpath58
04-27-2011, 09:25 AM
I just don't see us taking an OLB at #21. I think they're going to just put Studebaker into Vrabel's spot and give him a shot. That leaves NT and WR as our biggest needs.

If Phil Taylor checks out medically, I honestly believe he's our pick.

If they are going to reach, however, I'd rather them reach on a WR like Baldwin.

DA_T_84
04-27-2011, 09:26 AM
Torrey Smith or Corey Liuget will be the pick, because Taylor is lazy and has a bum foot.

Just you watch.

(i still want MW, though)

Count Zarth
04-27-2011, 09:27 AM
Panthers are trying to deal Steve Smith, BTW.

Wonder if Pioli would be interested.

Pestilence
If Phil Taylor checks out medically, I honestly believe he's our pick.

If they are going to reach, however, I'd rather them reach on a WR like Baldwin.

I think it comes down to Taylor, Baldwin, Torrey Smith or Leonard Hankerson. I think that Pioli believes he can get offensive line help later in the draft.

Pestilence
Panthers are trying to deal Steve Smith, BTW.

Wonder if Pioli would be interested.

God I hope not.

Count Zarth
04-27-2011, 09:29 AM
I think it comes down to Taylor, Baldwin, Torrey Smith or Leonard Hankerson. I think that Pioli believes he can get offensive line help later in the draft.

This reminds me of last year's draft in the second round in that there are going to be a lot of players people will be satisfied with at #21.

No excuse for a McClusterfuck.

the Talking Can
04-27-2011, 09:32 AM
in order:

WR and NT
C
OLB
backup/developmental QB
RT
RB (jones ageing, insurance against Charles injury)
DE

DA_T_84
04-27-2011, 09:34 AM
in order:

WR and NT
C
OLB
backup/developmental QB
RT
backup/developmental/versatile Safety
RB (jones ageing, insurance against Charles injury)
DE

fyp

OnTheWarpath58
04-27-2011, 09:35 AM
This reminds me of last year's draft in the second round in that there are going to be a lot of players people will be satisfied with at #21.

No excuse for a McClusterfuck.

Which is why I'm perfectly content with them trading back out of the 1st altogether. Especially if they can make a deal with one of the teams in the top 10 of the 2nd that want back in for a QB.

If Aldon Smith was to fall, I'd stay put and grab him. Otherwise, I don't see anyone that's really worth the 21st pick.

Pestilence
04-27-2011, 09:40 AM
Which is why I'm perfectly content with them trading back out of the 1st altogether. Especially if they can make a deal with one of the teams in the top 10 of the 2nd that want back in for a QB.

If Aldon Smith was to fall, I'd stay put and grab him. Otherwise, I don't see anyone that's really worth the 21st pick.

I'd take this:

NFL Network's Jason LaCanfora reports the Steelers will "exhaust all realistic possible scenarios" to trade up for Florida OG Mike Pouncey.

Coach Mike Tomlin has reportedly handed down an "edict" for the personnel department to make it happen if Pouncey "starts to slip" in the second-half of the first round. Under that scenario, the Steelers would likely begin to work the phones for a Pouncey Brothers reunion if Mike drops past the Dolphins (No. 15) and the Giants (No. 19). LaCanfora suggests the most sensible trade would be with Tampa Bay for the No. 20 pick, as Tomlin and Bucs coach Raheem

If Pouncey falls to #21......trade that spot to the Steelers.

Count Zarth
04-27-2011, 09:41 AM
Having brothers playing next to each other on the line would probably result in some pretty epic blocking.

the Talking Can
04-27-2011, 09:41 AM

my hope as well

trade back in to the 2nd...then you can 'reach' for a NT like Ellis and nab a WR like Hankerson plus have extra pick/s...

the Talking Can
04-27-2011, 09:42 AM
fyp

yeah, almost put that there....

DA_T_84
04-27-2011, 09:46 AM
yeah, almost put that there....

We are just dead in the water if one of our safeties goes down. Especially Berry, God forbid.