PDA

View Full Version : Finally! The BigCatDaddy's Final Mock is Released

BigCatDaddy
04-27-2011, 09:34 AM
1. Ryan Kerrigan - OLB/Purdue - If Andy Studebaker is the answer you are asking the wrong question. Kerrigan is an immediate upgrade to the pass and run defese for Vrabel and has Scott Piloi written all over him.

2. Greg Little - WR/NC - May not make it this far, but provides a much needed addition to a horrible WR core opposite Bowe.

3. Jerrell Powe - NT Ole Miss - FINALLY a freaking NT taken in the draft. Powe should fit in nicely as a 2 down NT.

4. Ricky Stanzi - QB/Iowa - Has some playmaking ability and of course the Iowa connection with Frentz. Won't challenge Cassell, but will provide on upgrade to the QB core over Croyle and Palko.

5. Ian Williams - DE/Notre Dame - With Smith and Edwards FA's and Jackson not looking good. Williams would provide some depth and the DE postion.

5B Zane Taylor - C/ Utah - Bigger stronger C then what we have seen in Wiegman and a position that needs to be addressed.

6 Dane Sanzenbacher - WR/Ohio State - With the McCluster experiment over. Sanzenbacher could be the reliable checkdown target out of the slot Cassell needs.

7. Darren Evans - RB Virginia Tech - Bigger stronger back that should help what was a horrible short yardage running game.

ChiefsCountry
04-27-2011, 09:49 AM
Don't like Kerrigan, Little is a great pick with potential might be a little high though. Powe is a slam dunk. Stanzi is hit and miss with me, I see his potential but he has a ton of douchebag moments.

I wouldn't hate this draft but I don't exactly love it either.

eazyb81
04-27-2011, 09:52 AM
Solid draft. I would be very happy if this is what our real draft looked like.

BigCatDaddy
04-27-2011, 10:02 AM
Don't like Kerrigan, Little is a great pick with potential might be a little high though. Powe is a slam dunk. Stanzi is hit and miss with me, I see his potential but he has a ton of douchebag moments.

I wouldn't hate this draft but I don't exactly love it either.

Unless you go with a QB at 21 or Smith slips, it's tough for people to love a Chiefs mock draft.

Chiefnj2
04-27-2011, 10:09 AM
It's funny how Little is moving way up in various "expert" mock drafts on nfl network. Two weeks ago he was a 3rd-4th rounder and now a lot of guys have him going in the top 40.

I like the first 4 rounds of the mock, but I'm not really sold on Powe.

Upon further reflection, I'd really like Kerrigan in the first. He was very productive against good competition. Solid effort, high motor, high floor, smart, etc. Unless you focus on underwear numbers, there isn't much to not like about him.

ChiefsCountry
04-27-2011, 10:10 AM
Unless you go with a QB at 21 or Smith slips, it's tough for people to love a Chiefs mock draft.

Actually I'm not on either of those bandwagons.

SNR
04-27-2011, 10:41 AM
Unless you go with a QB at 21 or Smith slips, it's tough for people to love a Chiefs mock draft.I often talk about how much I like someone's mock draft. Take a look at any of Saccopoo's mock drafts for this year and I'm usually on board with what he has for us.

SNR
04-27-2011, 10:42 AM
It's funny how Little is moving way up in various "expert" mock drafts on nfl network. Two weeks ago he was a 3rd-4th rounder and now a lot of guys have him going in the top 40.

I like the first 4 rounds of the mock, but I'm not really sold on Powe.

Upon further reflection, I'd really like Kerrigan in the first. He was very productive against good competition. Solid effort, high motor, high floor, smart, etc. Unless you focus on underwear numbers, there isn't much to not like about him.If we could replace Little with Hankerson I'd be good with that

Detoxing
04-27-2011, 10:49 AM
If we could replace Little with Hankerson I'd be good with that

I think Little is amuch better athlete than Hankerson.

I'm surprised to see how much Hankerson has slipped in these "expert" mock drafts. Has me real curious about where he'll land on draft day.

BigCatDaddy
04-27-2011, 10:51 AM
I think Little is amuch better athlete than Hankerson.

I'm surprised to see how much Hankerson has slipped in these "expert" mock drafts. Has me real curious about where he'll land on draft day.

Who was him slipping out of the 2nd?

BigCatDaddy
04-27-2011, 10:52 AM
I often talk about how much I like someone's mock draft. Take a look at any of Saccopoo's mock drafts for this year and I'm usually on board with what he has for us.

I like some, but it's tough for me to get that "wow" factor with this years draft unless someone slides a long ways or we shock the crap out of me and take a QB in the 1st.

Old Dog
04-27-2011, 10:54 AM
We have two in the 5th, not 6th, unless you're projecting a trade.

I think Kerrigan goes to the Bucs at 20 just before we pick

BigCatDaddy
04-27-2011, 10:55 AM
We have two in the 5th, not 6th, unless you're projecting a trade.

I think Kerrigan goes to the Bucs at 20 just before we pick

My bad. Slide Taylor up a round then.

keg in kc
04-27-2011, 11:13 AM
Something about Kerrigan just strikes me as 'meh' but I could live with the pick.

Little and Powe makes sense.

I don't like Stanzi at all, but the 4th would be the round for a QB with no upside beyond backup, so I could live with the pick.

You could pretty much throw darts at a board full of random names to fill rounds 5-7.

Detoxing
04-27-2011, 11:26 AM
Who was him slipping out of the 2nd?

Can't recall off the top of my head, but I've seen mocks where he's slipped to the 3rd-4th.

His draft stock has been all over the place. Hell, that Parcells draft board had him rated as the 6th best WR.

The Poz
04-27-2011, 11:29 AM
Read this about Powe:
"Major issues with intelligence and ability to learn"
http://www.draftcountdown.com/ScoutingReports/DT/Jerrell-Powe.php

If this is true, Scotty may look elsewhere for his NT.

SNR
04-27-2011, 11:29 AM
Can't recall off the top of my head, but I've seen mocks where he's slipped to the 3rd-4th.

His draft stock has been all over the place. Hell, that Parcells draft board had him rated as the 6th best WR.Those mocks are retarded. He has no injuries and graded decently at the combine. Not stunning, but not terrible, either

Nightfyre
04-27-2011, 12:53 PM
Read this about Powe:

He's a nose tackle. He just needs to know which gap to occupy, not be smart.

Saccopoo
04-27-2011, 12:54 PM
Read this about Powe:

The guy had an undisclosed dyslexia condition that was only figured/found out after two years out of high school.

He stuck with school, will graduate with a criminal justice degree, and ended up being named team captain in his senior year.

The guy is a nose tackle. It's not like he's designing rocket engines. He's shown very good character and determination in staying in school and getting his degree.

No problem with Powe whatsoever.

El Jefe
04-27-2011, 12:56 PM
The guy had an undisclosed dyslexia condition that was only figured/found out after two years out of high school.

He stuck with school, will graduate with a criminal justice degree, and ended up being named team captain in his senior year.

The guy is a nose tackle. It's not like he's designing rocket engines. He's shown very good character and determination in staying in school and getting his degree.

Good information :thumb:, nice to know things like that.

The Poz
04-27-2011, 01:18 PM

If he's graduating with a degree in criminal justice then good for him and potentially good for KC. If this is true then I certainly take issue with Draftcountdown smearing his name like that. I'll eat crow on my earlier comment and say he looks like a Pioli type of guy.

keg in kc
04-27-2011, 01:20 PM
He's a nose tackle. He just needs to know which gap to occupy, not be smart.If he's dyslexic, that could be a problem.

[/rim shot]

El Jefe
04-27-2011, 02:16 PM
If he's dyslexic, that could be a problem.

[/rim shot]

It asnth urth em oto mchu.

aturnis
04-27-2011, 06:10 PM
Something about Kerrigan just strikes me as 'meh' but I could live with the pick.

Little and Powe makes sense.

I don't like Stanzi at all, but the 4th would be the round for a QB with no upside beyond backup, so I could live with the pick.

You could pretty much throw darts at a board full of random names to fill rounds 5-7.

Guess what separates Stanzi from Gabbert, almost nothing.

TRR
04-27-2011, 07:23 PM
I love it! Where do I sign??
Posted via Mobile Device

HighChief
04-27-2011, 09:49 PM
Lets hope we can land a solid draft like this one. If we can get Kerrigan at 21 i will do flips tomorrow!!

HotRoute
04-27-2011, 10:05 PM
Let's just hope, most of these picks are very optimistic. Hopefully the first three picks slide like this mock seems to suggest. Consider my fingers crossed as well

Bewbies
04-27-2011, 10:09 PM

Tomorrow night several million dollars? LMAO

BossChief
04-27-2011, 10:21 PM

Arm strength
Mobility
Experience in pro style offense