PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs McCluster definitely moving to RB full-time

Pages : 1 [2]

DJ's left nut
04-27-2011, 01:44 PM
YOU CANT CHERRY PICK!

Honest to God, you guys are beating your chests over a 12 yard run because he made someone miss?

Look at LaGarrette Blount highlites and you'll see an 'elusive' RB. He has his TD leaping into the endzone. He has his spin moves leaving DEs in the dust. Hell, he hurdles a MFing guy.

He also weighs about 50 lbs more than McCluster, is much more durable, stronger and just as fast in a straight line. Oh, and he was an UDFA.

You can get scat-backs with picks a hell of a lot lower than 36 overall. Hell, you can get quality RBs with picks lower than that. McCluster was a bad pick and some 12 yard run where he makes a DE trip over his own feet doesn't do anything to show otherwise.

Count Zarth
04-27-2011, 01:44 PM
The point was to demonstrate his ability that GC has clearly made an effort to dismiss with his cherry picked Gifs.

I'm pretty sure that's been put to rest now.

LMAO

So he made a couple plays and now he has "ability?"

No, he doesn't. If he had ability it would show up consistently. Not once in awhile.

BigCatDaddy
04-27-2011, 01:45 PM
So how do his numbers stack up with everyone's "Golden" WR most here wanted before the draft?

G Rec Yards
2010 Seattle 11 21 227

Detoxing
Just stop with the cherry picking guys, we know he made a couple plays.

I save every highlight a player makes. Here's the sum total of McCluster's playmaking:

31-yard catch
15-yard catch
15-yard catch
14-yard catch
19-yard catch
11-yard catch
10-yard catch

22-yard screen

20-yard reverse
15-yard run

38-yard punt return
94-yard punt return

That's a big bag of shit for #36. And considering how many times he touched the ball on special teams, the lack of plays there is awful.

Ok.

Special teams aside, he touched the ball 39 times. Of those 39 touches YOU counted 10 plays of 10 yards or more.

So he averages a play of 10 yards or more 1 out of 4 times.

Yeah.......nice argument you've made there.

DJ's left nut
A 40 yard punt return with 2:30 left in a blowout is an impact play?

No, a 12 yard run where he cuts past a DE is though.

Those fucking DE's that are getting ready to engage a pulling guard are damn tough to get around.

DeezNutz
Hell, you can get quality RBs with picks lower than that.

Bullshit. /Charles...wait.

KC Tattoo
04-27-2011, 01:46 PM
PBJPBJPBJPBJ

Cool :thumb:

This is going to kick ass with McCluster at RB ! ! !

Chocolate Hog
04-27-2011, 01:46 PM
So who here besides Clay is calling McCluster a bust after 1 year?

kysirsoze
04-27-2011, 01:47 PM
PBJPBJPBJPBJ

Cool :thumb:

This is going to kick ass with McCluster at RB ! ! !

LMAO

Detoxing
04-27-2011, 01:47 PM
LMAO

So he made a couple plays and now he has "ability?"

No, he doesn't. If he had ability it would show up consistently. Not once in awhile.

So he got caught in the backfield on missed assignment and now he has NO ability?

Can't have it both ways.

BigMeatballDave
04-27-2011, 01:48 PM
Honest to God, you guys are beating your chests over a 12 yard run because he made someone miss?

:LOL: OK.

Count Zarth
04-27-2011, 01:48 PM
Question:

Of the plays you listed, during how many of them did he MAKE someone miss?

6, if you count Tolbert slipping on the wet grass.

DaKCMan AP
04-27-2011, 01:49 PM

Look at LaGarrette Blount highlites and you'll see an 'elusive' RB. He has his TD leaping into the endzone. He has his spin moves leaving DEs in the dust. Hell, he hurdles a MFing guy.

He also weighs about 50 lbs more than McCluster, is much more durable, stronger and just as fast in a straight line. Oh, and he was an UDFA.

You can get scat-backs with picks a hell of a lot lower than 36 overall. Hell, you can get quality RBs with picks lower than that. McCluster was a bad pick and some 12 yard run where he makes a DE trip over his own feet doesn't do anything to show otherwise.

So since you can get league-leading RBs like Priest Holmes and Arian Foster as UDFAs you shouldn't ever draft a RB with an early round pick. :spock:

Detoxing
So who here besides Clay is calling McCluster a bust after 1 year?

Pretty sure it's just clay.

But OTWP and DJ still seem pretty pissed about where he was drafted. I could care less about where he was drafted at this point, I just wanna see the Chiefs use the guy.

According to GC, he has no ability though.

Count Zarth
So he got caught in the backfield on missed assignment and now he has NO ability?

Can't have it both ways.

He doesn't have #36 ability.

He has...Quentin Griffin ability. Right now a bunch of you are acting like Taco John when he compared Quentin Griffin to Barry Fucking Sanders.

BigMeatballDave
This has turned into a petty, pathetic argument.

Detoxing
04-27-2011, 01:50 PM
No, a 12 yard run where he cuts past a DE is though.

Those ****ing DE's that are getting ready to engage a pulling guard are damn tough to get around.

I'm kinda surprised this kinda argument is coming from you.

I understand that you are upset about WHERE he was picked. I can see your point there. But to knock this guy's ability is insane.

Detoxing
04-27-2011, 01:50 PM

It really has.

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
04-27-2011, 01:51 PM
Actually - "According to Gretz, Haley <font size="+2" color="red"><b>HINTED</b></font> that McCluster might be a third down back."

Nothing about the initial article posted says anything is definite.

NOTHING.

Let me repeat for the hard of hearing.

<b>NOTHING</b>

But, by all means, please go back to your kvetching.

Jesus Christ, if you're going to argue something, at least argue from a position of fact.

Count Zarth
Ok.

Special teams aside, he touched the ball 39 times. Of those 39 touches YOU counted 10 plays of 10 yards or more.

So he averages a play of 10 yards or more 1 out of 4 times.

Yeah.......nice argument you've made there.

Are you seriously arguing this?

He had 280 yards from scrimmage in 11 games.

Second round picks should contribute more than 25 yards a game.

This isn't hard to grasp...but some of you are in love with the idea of Dexter McCluster rather than the actual player.

DJ's left nut
So since you can get league-leading RBs like Priest Holmes and Arian Foster as UDFAs you shouldn't ever draft a RB with an early round pick. :spock:

You shouldn't ever draft a scat-back with a 36 overall, no. You shouldn't ever draft someone that you know isn't capable of carrying an NFL workload at 36 overall so you try to convert him to a slot WR. And you damn sure shouldn't defend said pick when player gets moved back to RB after being proven incapable of making a legit impact at WR.

But that's a nice little straw-man you've assembled there.

Detoxing
04-27-2011, 01:52 PM
Actually - "According to Gretz, Haley <font size="+2" color="red"><b>HINTED</b></font> that McCluster might be a third down back.

Exactly.

It's a fucking old quote from a few months ago FFS. Back then, I interpreted it as he was going to use Dex MORE as a RB then he did last season, not that he'd be STRICTLY a RB.

Not sure what has changed about that quote a few months later.

BigMeatballDave
04-27-2011, 01:53 PM
Actually - "According to Gretz, Haley <font size="+2" color="red"><b>HINTED</b></font> that McCluster might be a third down back.Haters gotta hate, dude.

Chocolate Hog
04-27-2011, 01:54 PM

This isn't hard to grasp...but some of you are in love with the idea of Dexter McCluster rather than the actual player.

He was playing with a high ankle sprain since the end of October. Those can take months to heal.

Detoxing
04-27-2011, 01:54 PM

Maybe you should take his number of touches into consideration. You're trying to hang onto Dj and OTWP's nuts, but you're shitty arguments.

If you wanna argue his draft value at #36, fine whatever. But stop trying to knock his skill.

DJ's left nut
04-27-2011, 01:56 PM
I'm kinda surprised this kinda argument is coming from you.

I understand that you are upset about WHERE he was picked. I can see your point there. But to knock this guy's ability is insane.

His ability is overstated by many to justify his selection.

If you want to say he's an okay return man and a potentially nice 3rd down back - fine, whatever. I'm not going to argue that; there's at least a good chance he can be just that. You can get those in the 5th/6th round and or UDFA. I'm not impressed. I also don't think he's particularly excellent at either of those roles. No, he's not going to be as good at his job as Kevin Faulk is. And no, I very much doubt he ever makes a PB as a special teams player. He's just a mediocre player that we're trying to salvage by making a marginal contributor out of him.

Don't try to argue that he's anything more than that to justify his draft position. I've said all along it's a bad pick and that absolutely takes draft position into account. You can say you don't care where he was drafted, but we're going to use a 1st or 2nd rounder on a position that we could've addressed last year with his pick very easily. Draft position is HUGE.

That run isn't something that you don't see in essentially every NFL game. He made a nice cut and made a guy miss him. He weighs 170 lbs, that cut isn't all that amazing. It's not like he reversed field or anything, he simply planted his foot and went straight. Okay, so he's more elusive than Kolby Smith. Fantastic.

He was still a bad draft pick.

Detoxing
04-27-2011, 01:57 PM
You shouldn't ever draft a scat-back with a 36 overall, no. You shouldn't ever draft someone that you know isn't capable of carrying an NFL workload at 36 overall so you try to convert him to a slot WR. And you damn sure shouldn't defend said pick when player gets moved back to RB after being proven incapable of making a legit impact at WR.

But that's a nice little straw-man you've assembled there.

1. Chris Johnson is a "Scat-back". Went the 1st rnd.
2. Charles would've been a 1st rounder had people known what they know now. He's a "Scat-Back"
3. We dont actually KNOW what the Chiefs are doing with McCluster. The OP is very misleading.

DJ's left nut
04-27-2011, 01:58 PM

How would you know? You've pretty much had your fingers in your ears whistling the whole time anyway.

Detoxing
04-27-2011, 02:00 PM
His ability is overstated by many to justify his selection.

If you want to say he's an okay return man and a potentially nice 3rd down back - fine, whatever. I'm not going to argue that; there's at least a good chance he can be just that. You can get those in the 5th/6th round and or UDFA. I'm not impressed. I also don't think he's particularly excellent at either of those roles. No, he's not going to be as good at his job as Kevin Faulk is. And no, I very much doubt he ever makes a PB as a special teams player. He's just a mediocre player that we're trying to salvage by making a marginal contributor out of him.

Don't try to argue that he's anything more than that to justify his draft position. I've said all along it's a bad pick and that absolutely takes draft position into account. You can say you don't care where he was drafted, but we're going to use a 1st or 2nd rounder on a position that we could've addressed last year with his pick very easily. Draft position is HUGE.

That run isn't something that you don't see in essentially every NFL game. He made a nice cut and made a guy miss him. He weighs 170 lbs, that cut isn't all that amazing. It's not like he reversed field or anything, he simply planted his foot and went straight. Okay, so he's more elusive than Kolby Smith. Fantastic.

He was still a bad draft pick.

We're arguing different things here.

I'm not trying to justify his draft position. Like I said before, I don't care about where he was drafted. I just wanna see the Chiefs get the most out of him. What's done is done and I'm not gonna sit here and mope and be all pissy about it. It doesn't matter anymore. All that matters now is that he becomes a productive player. Which I believe he will be.

The initial argument was that he didn't have the ability to be productive. I highly disagree. That turned into a rant about how he wasn't "elusive". Clearly his highlights show otherwise.

Count Zarth
04-27-2011, 02:01 PM
Maybe you should take his number of touches into consideration.

Why?

Part of the reason his touches suffered is because he lacked the ability to get open as a wide receiver.

The Chiefs had to get him the ball mostly on crap out of the backfield.

Now, I guess you can pump three-yard passes to McCluster all day long. But your offense is not going to move the ball that way.

It's a moot point anyway. If McCluster is going to be a running back instead of a wide receiver, his touches are not going to explode. I actually had some hope he might learn how to be an NFL wide receiver and be a 50-catch guy someday....now....he's probably going to be a 30-catch guy who carries the ball a couple times a game.

He will never, ever live up to his draft position. And I'm guessing the love for him will never, ever end as long as he makes one exciting play a month.

OnTheWarpath58
Maybe you should take his number of touches into consideration. You're trying to hang onto Dj and OTWP's nuts, but you're shitty arguments.

If you wanna argue his draft value at #36, fine whatever. But stop trying to knock his skill.

He does have a point about being in love with the idea rather than the player.

Some of you are completely overselling his NFL ability to justify the 36th pick in a ridiculously deep draft.

You don't take this kind of a player with that valuable of a pick.

He's not what you all claimed he was. He's not Wes Welker. He's not DeSean Jackson. He's not Percy Harvin. He's not Devin Hester.

He's a guy that you can get in the later rounds of almost every draft.

He's an even smaller, slower version of Jacoby Ford who was taken in the 4th.

Just one example off the top of my head.

Count Zarth
He was playing with a high ankle sprain since the end of October. Those can take months to heal.

This argument is moot because he was doing the same shit before the injury. They tried to get him the ball in Indy and Houston and he couldn't make people miss to save his life.

keg in kc
04-27-2011, 02:02 PM
I don't think I've seen anybody espousing any sort of 'love' for McCluster, unless you equate 'love' with 'not burying the guy'.

DJ's left nut
1. Chris Johnson is a "Scat-back". Went the 1st rnd.
2. Charles would've been a 1st rounder had people known what they know now. He's a "Scat-Back"
3. We dont actually KNOW what the Chiefs are doing with McCluster. The OP is very misleading.

Chris Johnson is no scat back and was no scat-back. He's a speed rusher that, IIRC, broke the 40 time record at the combine. He also showed a solid power game as a full-time rusher at UCF. If you honestly want to compare Johnson and McCluster, do so at your own peril. As far as I'm concerned, it only serves to undermine your credibility.

Charles is also not a scat-back. Even when he was taken people marveled at his balance and the fact that he was actually pretty sturdy off-tackle (by all means, review the thread). The concern with Charles was his experience and the fact that he ran tall. No, he was not seen as a scat-back. Even still, he was taken a hell of a lot later than 36 overall because, again, you don't take guys you don't think can shoulder a legitimate NFL workload at 36 overall.

Count Zarth
The initial argument was that he didn't have the ability to be productive. I highly disagree.

300 yards /= productive

Detoxing
04-27-2011, 02:04 PM
He does have a point about being in love with the idea rather than the player.

You're completely overselling his NFL ability to justify the 36th pick in a ridiculously deep draft.

You don't take this kind of a player with that valuable of a pick.

He's not what you all claimed he was. He's not Wes Welker. He's not DeSean Jackson. He's not Percy Harvin. He's not Devin Hester.

He's a guy that you can get in the later rounds of almost every draft.

He's an even smaller, slower version of Jacoby Ford who was taken in the 4th.

Just one example off the top of my head.

I haven't made a single argument for or against WHERE he was drafted. My argument is over his ability to be a play making contributer. He's shown the ability to do that.

And we can't sit here and use this "But blah blah blah was taken in X round" argument. If people knew what Ford would've been, he would've been taken higher. Hence the "draft is a crap shoot" blah blah blah.

I hate that argument actually.

BigMeatballDave
04-27-2011, 02:04 PM
How would you know? You've pretty much had your fingers in your ears whistling the whole time anyway.http://photos2.fotosearch.com/bthumb/IMG/IMG252/10094048.jpg

HemiEd
04-27-2011, 02:05 PM
Great thread.

For me, the two second round picks kind of took some of the shine off of the first pick. They were WTF!? moments, when there were so many players on the board that would fill some needs very well. In fact, one of those players, hurt JC in the playoff game once he pancaked him. (Cody)

Detoxing
04-27-2011, 02:06 PM
Chris Johnson is no scat back and was no scat-back. He's a speed rusher that, IIRC, broke the 40 time record at the combine. He also showed a solid power game as a full-time rusher at UCF. If you honestly want to compare Johnson and McCluster, do so at your own peril. As far as I'm concerned, it only serves to undermine your credibility.

Charles is also not a scat-back. Even when he was taken people marveled at his balance and the fact that he was actually pretty sturdy off-tackle (by all means, review the thread). The concern with Charles was his experience and the fact that he ran tall. No, he was not seen as a scat-back. Even still, he was taken a hell of a lot later than 36 overall because, again, you don't take guys you don't think can shoulder a legitimate NFL workload at 36 overall.

I'm not comparing Johnson to McCluster. Not sure where you got that from. We're talking about "Scat Backs".

Johnson identifies as a scat back much more then he identifies as any other type of back. And Charles was considered a scat back. He came in with the same kind of concerns as McCluster.

keg in kc
04-27-2011, 02:09 PM
If McCluster had gone to a Big XII school instead of an SEC school, we wouldn't even be having this thread. Everybody would love him.

I don't actually believe that, I'm just tossing a grenade into the room as I leave for work.... [/evil laugh]

OnTheWarpath58
04-27-2011, 02:10 PM
I haven't made a single argument for or against WHERE he was drafted. My argument is over his ability to be a play making contributer. He's shown the ability to do that.

And we can't sit here and use this "But blah blah blah was taken in X round" argument. If people knew what Ford would've been, he would've been taken higher. Hence the "draft is a crap shoot" blah blah blah.

Sorry, didn't mean to imply you specifically, Clay's post said "some of you" and I thought I typed the same thing. I've edited to clarify.

Count Zarth
04-27-2011, 02:16 PM
Plenty of Chiefs fans are madly in love with McCluster. He's little and cute and exciting.

Just check out his facebook page.

DJ's left nut
04-27-2011, 02:18 PM

But here's the problem:

If McCluster is taken in the 6th round, EVERYONE likes this pick, yes even Clay. He can say he wouldn't, but that's not true.

The angst over McCluster, from everyone that's ever knocked him, is where he was drafted. So when this thread gets rolling and people like BCD come in trying to call out the wolves, they're tacitly defending the where of the pick because said wolves were only ever angry about where he was drafted.

You can't try to get a group of people riled up about something, mis-characterize their position then deflect when they make the same point they've made from the very start.

Count Zarth
04-27-2011, 02:19 PM
I would love McCluster if he was taken in the 6th.

He's little and cute and exciting.

OnTheWarpath58
04-27-2011, 02:22 PM
But here's the problem:

If McCluster is taken in the 6th round, EVERYONE likes this pick, yes even Clay. He can say he wouldn't, but that's not true.

The angst over McCluster, from everyone that's ever knocked him, is where he was drafted. So when this thread gets rolling and people like BCD come in trying to call out the wolves, they're tacitly defending the where of the pick because said wolves were only ever angry about where he was drafted.

You can't try to get a group of people riled up about something, mis-characterize their position then deflect when they make the same point they've made from the very start.

Bingo.

keg in kc
04-27-2011, 02:24 PM
Plenty of Chiefs fans are madly in love with McCluster. He's little and cute and exciting.

Just check out his facebook page.How many of those people post on this site, much less this thread?

Detoxing
04-27-2011, 02:27 PM
How many of those people post on this site, much less this thread?

Typical GC post when he has nothing left to say.

Count Zarth
04-27-2011, 02:27 PM
How many of those people post on this site, much less this thread?

I am sure there is crossover.

DJ's left nut
04-27-2011, 02:29 PM
I am sure there is crossover.

Y'know what, I don't really care.

Get the boobs thread updated with real pictures of your avatars cans already. Those alone are all the proof I need that God hates men. Or maybe he really loves us. Hell I dunno, just show us yer tits...

OnTheWarpath58
04-27-2011, 02:30 PM
I would love McCluster if he was taken in the 6th.

He's little and cute and exciting.

I would have been content with him in the 3rd. Not thrilled, but content.

Then again, I'm not one of the mouthbreathers that actually thinks Philly was going to take him, when everyone on the fucking planet knew they wanted a safety.

That argument is just more rationalization.

ChiefNJ2 nailed it during draft weekend last year:

2. McCluster. I remember watching a few Ole Miss games this year and saying wow that guy is pretty good. Then when the combine rolled around and he was only 175lbs and didn't run that fast, I thought he'd slide a bit. IMO, and I know a lot of people will disagree, Oakland (I think) got better value taking Jacoby Ford in the 4th round. KC could have taken their undersized speedster/wildcat/returner in round 4, and used the 2a pick to address a bigger need.

KC Tattoo
04-27-2011, 02:32 PM
Why?

Part of the reason his touches suffered is because he lacked the ability to get open as a wide receiver.

The Chiefs had to get him the ball mostly on crap out of the backfield.

Now, I guess you can pump three-yard passes to McCluster all day long. But your offense is not going to move the ball that way.

It's a moot point anyway. If McCluster is going to be a running back instead of a wide receiver, his touches are not going to explode. I actually had some hope he might learn how to be an NFL wide receiver and be a 50-catch guy someday....now....he's probably going to be a 30-catch guy who carries the ball a couple times a game.

He will never, ever live up to his draft position. And I'm guessing the love for him will never, ever end as long as he makes one exciting play a month.

Maybe all he has to do is one exciting play a month? FUCK YEA a play making difference that changes a game in our favor. Much better than a 2.2 ypc as of Jones gives us. That could be 4 to 5 extra wins this season, that Dexter helps us achieve in this stacked deck against us schedule. Maybe he can give us a few more exciting plays a month, YOU don't know he wont. I don't know that he will, but am exited that he is going to get the opportunity. It was the break out plays that JC had last year that was the difference makers in most of our games, but he didn't get those all the time.
Never knew when JC was going to break one but we knew sooner or later in a game it was bound to happen.
So if we can add a player that is capable of those type of break out plays and not put the pressure on JC for that I am for it.

If we can get Jackie Battle some reps and less Jones, I am for that too.

Dexter is capable of being a dynamic RB, just have to wait & see how it pans out.

Sfeihc
04-27-2011, 02:35 PM
McCluster in the 5th round, okay. #36th overall just is what it is, an EPIC FAIL.

keg in kc
04-27-2011, 02:39 PM
I am sure there is crossover.I'd bet it's way less than you think. Either way, you were complaining about something that isn't actually happening here.

Bewbies
04-27-2011, 02:40 PM
I'm going to say it. I liked the McCluster pick, I still do. The league is changing, and guys like him are becoming more, and more, and more valuable.

keg in kc
04-27-2011, 02:40 PM
Wow, Jackie Battle. I'd forgotten he was even on the team.

the Talking Can
04-27-2011, 02:47 PM
I'm going to say it. I liked the McCluster pick, I still do. The league is changing, and guys like him are becoming more, and more, and more valuable.

who are "these guys"?

the Talking Can
04-27-2011, 02:47 PM
Wow, Jackie Battle. I'd forgotten he was even on the team.

because he's worthless

DJ's left nut
04-27-2011, 02:49 PM
because he's worthless

Nah, Kolby Smith was worthless.

Jackie Battle is of nominal worth. Not a lot, mind you, but slightly less than zero.

OnTheWarpath58
04-27-2011, 02:51 PM
who are "these guys"?

GREAT question.

BigMeatballDave
04-27-2011, 02:52 PM
If McCluster had gone to a Big XII school instead of an SEC school, we wouldn't even be having this thread. Everybody would love him.

I don't actually believe that, I'm just tossing a grenade into the room as I leave for work.... [/evil laugh]There is more truth in this than you may have intended. Mizzou fans still think Daniel Chase is an NFL QB :p

Bewbies
04-27-2011, 02:56 PM
who are "these guys"?

Smaller, quicker guys who make people miss and are a threat to score every time they touch the ball. Those kind of players are becoming very, very valuable.

I understand people wanting us to take someone else there though....we had, and still have, a lot of holes. I am interested to see how Cody turns out though, but if you read about his rookie year we got way more out of DMC. :doh!:

KC Tattoo
04-27-2011, 03:00 PM
because he's worthless

I wouldn't call him that. Jackie Battle was a STer and partly why he didn't get the reps at RB. I think he could have done better than Jones especially later in the season when Jones was breaking down. Coaches generally tend to play out the older proven vets than giving a kid the opportunity. I think that was the case for Jackie Battle not getting RB reps. It's a brand new season (hopefully) so Jackie Battle better take advantage of the opportunities he gets so he can prove himself. I'd rather watch a younger player struggle but get better than an old vet continue to degress as the season folds.

Marcellus
04-27-2011, 03:03 PM
Gotta love CP. LMAO

The eve of the 2011 draft and there is a 300+ post debate arguing 1 of the picks in last years draft.

Tomorrow is going to be so fun.

OnTheWarpath58
04-27-2011, 03:08 PM
Gotta love CP. LMAO

The eve of the 2011 draft and there is a 300+ post debate arguing 1 of the picks in last years draft.

Tomorrow is going to be so fun.

Fuck, I'm just happy to be talking about ball again.

Detoxing
04-27-2011, 03:08 PM
****, I'm just happy to be talking about ball again.

This.

And F/A better be right around the corner.

Fish
04-27-2011, 03:14 PM
There is more truth in this than you may have intended. Mizzou fans still think Daniel Chase is an NFL QB :p

You spelled it wrong. It's Daniels Chase.

Bewbies
04-27-2011, 03:15 PM
****, I'm just happy to be talking about ball again.

:thumb:

Hydrae
04-27-2011, 03:17 PM
Nah, Kolby Smith was worthless.

Jackie Battle is of nominal worth. Not a lot, mind you, but slightly less than zero.

ROFL

Count Zarth
04-27-2011, 03:18 PM
Smaller, quicker guys who make people miss and are a threat to score every time they touch the ball.

You like the idea of McCluster, not McCluster himself.

Bewbies
04-27-2011, 03:33 PM

I guess so. When he's on the field I see an over-sized fat guy who runs like he has cement in his shoes and has been in the league for 10 years and never developed.

Fruit Ninja
04-27-2011, 03:34 PM
Some of the posts here are funny. <3 the over reactions on this website. Thats what makes it great.

KC Tattoo
04-27-2011, 03:34 PM

I like McCluster, I like what he did in college too as he exelled when he played RB.

I like that he HIMSELF is on OUR team the Chiefs. I dooo like the IDEA that McCluster is going to get the opportunity to play at RB with the Chiefs also. I will be more exited watching McCluster makes break away plays that put us Chiefs into better positions to win ball games. I like the IDEA AND I like McCluster for who he is. A tiny yet dynamic RB that has heart & skills to play the position in a way that puts him on another level and for Chiefs. :arrow:

michaelj_58
04-27-2011, 03:35 PM
and when we shift him on the play from back to slot receiver he usually get's a linebacker for coverage and that's good news!!!And use him on reverses and third down screens!!!! THAT WILL DO PIG THAT WILL DO!!!

KC Tattoo
04-27-2011, 03:38 PM
and when we shift him on the play from back to slot receiver he usually get's a linebacker for coverage and that's good news!!!And use him on reverses and third down screens!!!! THAT WILL DO PIG THAT WILL DO!!!

FUCK YEA!!! Dex can open up the play book.

Count Zarth
04-27-2011, 03:39 PM
There you have it, Keg.

suzzer99
04-27-2011, 03:42 PM
I'd love to see a team run by message board posters. They'd cut 90% of players half way into their rookie season, change QBs 5 times per game, change coaches every 3 games, draft an LT or QB every year with their first round pick, blitz every down on offense and throw deep on offense, and sign every high-priced over-the-hill free agent available.

Count Zarth
04-27-2011, 03:45 PM
Actually, I wouldn't cut McCluster. He has value. Just not very much. I certainly wouldn't waste snaps on him as a wide receiver, which is what the Chiefs appear to have come to terms with.

suzzer99
04-27-2011, 03:53 PM
I think if the Chiefs had a viable #2 McCluster would get open in space a lot more and become a lot more valuable.

Bewbies
04-27-2011, 03:55 PM
I think if the Chiefs had a viable #2 McCluster would get open in space a lot more and become a lot more valuable.

No way, the man has no potential.

Fish
04-27-2011, 03:56 PM

McCluster was supposed to be one of the offensive weapons to allow for other guys to get open.

Now we need more weapons for our weapons?

CoMoChief
04-27-2011, 03:58 PM
Jones needs to be cut then......Battle needs to be the bruiser back.

Plus....I think Battle is better. (or could be better than Jones given more PT)

Bewbies
McCluster was supposed to be one of the offensive weapons to allow for other guys to get open.

Exactly. Just putting him on the field the defense was piss down their legs and surrender.

OnTheWarpath58

LMAO

suds79
04-27-2011, 04:00 PM
Jones needs to be cut then......Battle needs to be the bruiser back.

Plus....I think Battle is better. (or could be better than Jones given more PT)

Jones needs cut no matter who's here.

What current RB on the roster couldn't give us 3.7 ypc?

keg in kc
A formation with Charles in the backfield, Bowe and a 1/2 round draft pick on the outside, McCluster in the slot/motioning in/out of the backfield and Moeaki at TE is an intriguing fantasy.

DJ's left nut

If the Chiefs hadn't wasted a pick on McCluster, they'd have a viable #2.

Then they could've drafted him in the 3rd or someone damn similar to him in the 5th.

DJ's left nut
04-27-2011, 04:02 PM
A formation with Charles in the backfield, Bowe and a 1/2 round draft pick on the outside, McCluster in the slot/motioning in/out of the backfield and Moeaki at TE is an intriguing fantasy.

Yes, but Matt Cassel is still your quarterback, which makes it something like having a foursome with Natalie Portman, Scarlett Johannson and your mother.

Yeah - that fantasy sucks.

I think.

CoMoChief
04-27-2011, 04:03 PM

yes, and even they need weapons too.

Count Zarth
04-27-2011, 04:04 PM
According to this board McCluster already opens up the field for Charles...and when he started at wide receiver he opened up the field for Bowe, which is why Bowe went off starting in Houston....

So now we just need someone to open up the field for McCluster and we will have the greatest offense ever.

Count Zarth
04-27-2011, 04:04 PM

McCluster has no value as a slot wide receiver. He can't beat NFL coverage.

Chocolate Hog
04-27-2011, 04:05 PM
This argument is moot because he was doing the same shit before the injury. They tried to get him the ball in Indy and Houston and he couldn't make people miss to save his life.

But he did make people miss vs San Fran and Jacksonville.

Count Zarth
04-27-2011, 04:06 PM
But he did make people miss vs San Fran and Jacksonville.

He doesn't do it consistently enough. He doesn't do it against people who have any sort of quickness in the open field. I'm glad he can make 280-pound defensive ends miss, though.

DJ's left nut
04-27-2011, 04:06 PM
According to this board McCluster already opens up the field for Charles...and when he started at wide receiver he opened up the field for Bowe, which is why Bowe went off starting in Houston....

So now we just need someone to open up the field for McCluster and we will have the greatest offense ever.

They call that a quarterback.

When the man under center is capable of throwing accurately beyond 20 yards, the underneath routes tend to open up a bit.

Alas, our quarterback blows.

Chocolate Hog
04-27-2011, 04:09 PM
He doesn't do it consistently enough. He doesn't do it against people who have any sort of quickness in the open field. I'm glad he can make 280-pound defensive ends miss, though.

Keep moving those goal posts.

keg in kc
04-27-2011, 04:10 PM
McCluster has no value as a slot wide receiver. He can't beat NFL coverage.Stick to videos, gifs and quoting articles. You're completely out of your element trying to talk about things that happen on the field.

Count Zarth
04-27-2011, 04:14 PM
Stick to videos, gifs and quoting articles. You're completely out of your element trying to talk about things that happen on the field.

Did you watch the games last year? 90 percent of his receptions were crap thrown out of the backfield or bubble screens.

The guy flat out cannot beat NFL coverage consistently to warrant playing time as a slot receiver....and that's why he's now a running back.

Count Zarth
04-27-2011, 04:15 PM
Keep moving those goal posts.

I'm trying to help McCluster score touchdowns.

suzzer99
04-27-2011, 04:18 PM
You guys are totally nuts. He's had one rookie season where he was hurt, shown some flashes, and you're all completely writing him off. Seriously, take a deep breath, relax, and try to remember that it really doesn't matter what any of you think. But above all else, if McCluster has a breakout next season, be sure to completely forget this whole thread and move on to the next "certified bust".

Chocolate Hog
04-27-2011, 04:18 PM
I'm trying to help McCluster score touchdowns.

Then you would advocate moving him to the backfield where he does best. Unless you are willing to wait a few years for a college RB to adjust to being a slot WR.

the Talking Can
04-27-2011, 04:21 PM
I'd love to see a team run by message board posters. They'd cut 90% of players half way into their rookie season, change QBs 5 times per game, change coaches every 3 games, draft an LT or QB every year with their first round pick, blitz every down on offense and throw deep on offense, and sign every high-priced over-the-hill free agent available.

i'd love to meet a dipshit who wasn't a dipshit...oh well

Count Zarth
Then you would advocate moving him to the backfield where he does best. Unless you are willing to wait a few years for a college RB to adjust to being a slot WR.

Actually, I would kind of like to see him develop as a wide receiver, because I think this sideways passing game bullshit only limits what he can do and what the offense can do.

But if the Chiefs think that's all he can do, so be it.

the Talking Can
Smaller, quicker guys who make people miss and are a threat to score every time they touch the ball. Those kind of players are becoming very, very valuable.

I understand people wanting us to take someone else there though....we had, and still have, a lot of holes. I am interested to see how Cody turns out though, but if you read about his rookie year we got way more out of DMC. :doh!:

and who are those guys?

the Talking Can
04-27-2011, 04:23 PM
I wouldn't call him that. Jackie Battle was a STer and partly why he didn't get the reps at RB. I think he could have done better than Jones especially later in the season when Jones was breaking down. Coaches generally tend to play out the older proven vets than giving a kid the opportunity. I think that was the case for Jackie Battle not getting RB reps. It's a brand new season (hopefully) so Jackie Battle better take advantage of the opportunities he gets so he can prove himself. I'd rather watch a younger player struggle but get better than an old vet continue to degress as the season folds.

nah, he's worthless

keg in kc
04-27-2011, 04:29 PM
i'd love to meet a dipshit who wasn't a dipshit...oh wellBut if you met a dipshit who wasn't a dipshit then you wouldn't have met a dipshit, unless he was a dipshit who was a dipshit, but then he wouldn't be a dipshit who wasn't a dipshit who isn't a dipshit and now I'm all confused.

the Talking Can
04-27-2011, 04:31 PM
But if you met a dipshit who wasn't a dipshit then you wouldn't have met a dipshit, unless he was a dipshit who was a dipshit, but then he wouldn't be a dipshit who wasn't a dipshit who isn't a dipshit and now I'm all confused.

i'm working out the kinks for the draft tomorrow...it's like firing up a truck that's been sitting in your driveway for a year...

tomorrow I will unleash holy hell on each and every true fan's mom...those whores are going to get it

KC Tattoo
04-27-2011, 04:33 PM
nah, he's worthless

But not as worthless as Jones? Would you agree?

OnTheWarpath58
04-27-2011, 04:34 PM
i'm working out the kinks for the draft tomorrow...it's like firing up a truck that's been sitting in your driveway for a year...

tomorrow I will unleash holy hell on each and every true fan's mom...those whores are going to get it

LMAO

Bewbies
04-27-2011, 04:34 PM
and who are those guys?

Charles
Sproles
Welker
Woodhead
DeSean Jackson
Hester
Chris Johnson
CJ Spiller
Percy Harvin

Those types of guys.

Now go ahead and commence the discussion of how I'm off base because of how much one of these guys weigh, or how they are a better WR or RB type player and miss my point.

(not you specifically, but this board in general)

the Talking Can
04-27-2011, 04:35 PM
Charles
Sproles
Welker
Woodhead
DeSean Jackson
Hester
Chris Johnson
CJ Spiller
Percy Harvin

Those types of guys.

Now go ahead and commence the discussion of how I'm off base because of how much one of these guys weigh, or how they are a better WR or RB type player and miss my point.

(not you specifically, but this board in general)

hilarious

Valiant
04-27-2011, 04:35 PM
I think it is a better spot for him.. More space between him and the D to catch a pass.. HOpefully our coaches do not try to run him up the middle, then he will just break..

Get rid of Jones is all I ask now and give carries to Battle or another back..

the Talking Can
04-27-2011, 04:36 PM
But not as worthless as Jones? Would you agree?

based on the fact that he's accomplished jack fucking shit as a rb in the nfl, no...

the Talking Can
04-27-2011, 04:37 PM
and to more important matters:

who is going to start the official draft thread?

Bewbies
04-27-2011, 04:37 PM
hilarious

So McCluster isn't that 'type' of player? What type do you say he is?

the Talking Can
04-27-2011, 04:40 PM
So McCluster isn't that 'type' of player? What type do you say he is?

nothing...just a midget

comparing him to charles and harvin etc is funny though...

Bewbies
04-27-2011, 04:47 PM
nothing...just a midget

comparing him to charles and harvin etc is funny though...

He's not a perfect match to any of those guys, maybe closest to Sproles since they're both midgets?

That's my emphasis on type of player, not specific player. Maybe I just see things differently, or I dream of the "fantasy" of McCluster.... LMAO

the Talking Can
04-27-2011, 04:48 PM
He's not a perfect match to any of those guys, maybe closest to Sproles since they're both midgets?

That's my emphasis on type of player, not specific player. Maybe I just see things differently, or I dream of the "fantasy" of McCluster.... LMAO

or maybe you have no idea what you're talking about...

KC Tattoo
04-27-2011, 04:53 PM
based on the fact that he's accomplished jack ****ing shit as a rb in the nfl, no...

So you would want a guy who is on his last leg or on his way out of football than a guy who has time to prove himself and get better for future years to come?

I think last year was the year for Jackie to get some deserving playing time at RB to prove himself. He didn't get that opportunity so can't tell me he wouln't have done a better job than Jones 2.2ypc at the later stage of the season. I want younger guys playing for this team that have potential to make this a better team for a long period of time. Jones is was a rehashed out vet RB that we could have done better with using a guy who can learn with getting experience. I don't have much expectations for Jackie Battle other than hoping that he can beat out Jones for playing time this year. Jackie Battle is not going to replace JC, but he can be value as a back up and get some reps for the long season.

the Talking Can
04-27-2011, 04:55 PM
So you would want a guy who is on his last leg or on his way out of football than a guy who has time to prove himself and get better for future years to come?

I think last year was the year for Jackie to get some deserving playing time at RB to prove himself. He didn't get that opportunity so can't tell me he wouln't have done a better job than Jones 2.2ypc at the later stage of the season. I want younger guys playing for this team that have potential to make this a better team for a long period of time. Jones is was a rehashed out vet RB that we could have done better with using a guy who can learn with getting experience. I don't have much expectations for Jackie Battle other than hoping that he can beat out Jones for playing time this year. Jackie Battle is not going to replace JC, but he can be value as a back up and get some reps for the long season.

i think he's Brian Shay with shoe polish....

suzzer99
04-27-2011, 04:56 PM

Are you not listening to the esteemed CP talent evaluators who have accurately capped McCluster's ceiling at below replacement player?

OnTheWarpath58
04-27-2011, 04:56 PM
Holy Christ, this is comedy gold.

Read from post 3376 to post 3926 in this thread.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=226929&highlight=mccluster&page=43

Two of my favorite exchanges:

I fucking hate this team. What a cosmic fucking fluke that Berry pick was.

Dexter fucking McCluster.

"Oh New England has their own scouting process"

Well you know what, that process fucking sucks.

We just drafted a fucking third string RB and KR at 36 in one of the deepest defensive drafts in history with a fucking franchise QB on the board, multiple good targets at WR, NT, rush end, safety, just fuck

I fucking hate Scott Pioli so much I want to watch him die in a vat of acid.

How do you figure he's the third back?

And:

Following this on Twitter, sounds like the Eagles wanted McCluster, so the Chiefs pulled the trigger right before them...

So? Let them take him and look stupid. What a colossal boner.

Count Zarth
04-27-2011, 04:58 PM
i think he's Brian Shay with shoe polish....

I'll do you one better. He's JJ Moses. In fact, he's exactly the same height and weight as JJ Moses. HE'S SO CUTE AND LIL AND REALLY QUICK AND FAST ULTRA PLAYMAKER FOR SURE!

http://www.vandymania.com/photos/NFLVandy/Corey_Harris_AP_Eric_Miller.jpg

the Talking Can
04-27-2011, 04:59 PM
to clarify, i'm talking about battle

i sense some confusion

keg in kc
04-27-2011, 05:07 PM
and to more important matters:

who is going to start the official draft thread?You should start an official "Who should start the official draft thread?" thread with an official poll and everything.

And then you should crucify saccoshit on that poll.

Pasta Giant Meatball
04-27-2011, 05:08 PM
Holy Christ, this is comedy gold.

Read from post 3376 to post 3926 in this thread.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=226929&highlight=mccluster&page=43

Two of my favorite exchanges:

And:

You are correct. Calling Jimmy Clausen a franchise QB is friggen hilarious ;)

Just to be fair. Folks were swinging from Golden Tate's nutsack and he put up 227 recieving yards as a rook.

the Talking Can
04-27-2011, 05:10 PM
You are correct. Calling Jimmy Clausen a franchise QB is friggen hilarious ;)

Just to be fair. Folks were swinging from Golden Tate's nutsack and he put up 227 recieving yards as a rook.

did they move Tate to a 3rd RB and rename him "Sash and Crash" or something?

Pasta Giant Meatball
04-27-2011, 05:13 PM

He can be WR1 and if he doesn't produce on the field, it means "jack and shit".

KC Tattoo
04-27-2011, 05:13 PM
Are you not listening to the esteemed CP talent evaluators who have accurately capped McCluster's ceiling at below replacement player?

Well I wasn't talking about McCluster in that post, was talking about Jackie Battle who should have had some extra reps at RB rather than Thomas Jones, JMO. Jackie Battle and McCluster are two different type players.

I do get what your saying tho. Some want to give up on guys we picked out of the draft for OLDER rehash guys that crawl to the LOS during plays.

OnTheWarpath58
04-27-2011, 05:17 PM

ROFL

the Talking Can
04-27-2011, 05:25 PM
He can be WR1 and if he doesn't produce on the field, it means "jack and shit".

so they didn't give up on him at the position they drafted him for, after 1 year...is what we both just said...

OnTheWarpath58
04-27-2011, 05:27 PM

I just read that Mike Mayock and Mike Lombardi expect us to take Danny Watkins at 21.

Better get moving.

Detoxing
04-27-2011, 05:31 PM
Danny Watkins....

Danny Watkins.....

This place will be fun tomorrow.

keg in kc
04-27-2011, 05:32 PM
Is that the canadian kid that never played football before college?

Pasta Giant Meatball
04-27-2011, 05:32 PM
I just read that Mike Mayock and Mike Lombardi expect us to take Danny Watkins at 21.

Better get moving.

:Lin:

Move him to FB and we can have Flash, Dash, and Mash!!!

OnTheWarpath58
04-27-2011, 05:33 PM

Yep. Who will be TWENTY FUCKING SEVEN YEARS OLD in June, IIRC.

the Talking Can

Better get moving.

saw that

i never wanted to have to hunt and kill pioli...

BigMeatballDave

Better get moving.Didnt Mayock say Bulaga last yr?

These guys are wrong more often than not.

Detoxing
04-27-2011, 05:34 PM

Ahem. Not only did he not play it, he didn't eve LIKE football before he "stumbled" upon it.

Yeah. That's the guy.

Detoxing
04-27-2011, 05:34 PM
Didnt Mayock say Bulaga last yr?

I'm having Tyson Jackson Nostalgia. I feel sick.

OnTheWarpath58
04-27-2011, 05:35 PM
Didnt Mayock say Bulaga last yr?

I don't know what Mayock said, but Lombardi was the one that broke the Tyson Jackson story, if memory serves.

ChiefsCountry
04-27-2011, 05:38 PM
I don't know what Mayock said, but Lombardi was the one that broke the Tyson Jackson story, if memory serves.

Lombardi was the one who broke the Cassel contract. I think it was Gossin who broke the Tyson Jackson.

BigMeatballDave
04-27-2011, 05:39 PM
Mayock also said Thomas would go before Berry.

Detoxing
04-27-2011, 05:39 PM
Lombardi was the one who broke the Cassel contract. I think it was Gossin who broke the Tyson Jackson.

This.

Still though, talk about sucking the air out of the draft.

Danny Watkins in the 2nd round, I'm all for it. 1st rnd? C'mon now......

OnTheWarpath58
04-27-2011, 05:40 PM
This.

Still though, talk about sucking the air out of the draft.

Danny Watkins in the 2nd round, I'm all for it. 1st rnd? C'mon now......

I'm not a fan of taking a 27 year old rookie at any point in the draft.

Especially one that "stumbled into football."

BigMeatballDave
04-27-2011, 05:40 PM
If the Chiefs take that G at 21 I'm avoiding this place like the plague.

Detoxing
04-27-2011, 05:41 PM
Mayock also said Thomas would go before Berry.

When these things come out of left field the day before the draft it's kinda concerning.

Either that or Tyson Jackson has me scared for life.

OnTheWarpath58
04-27-2011, 05:41 PM
When these things come out of left field the day before the draft it's kinda concerning.

Either that or Tyson Jackson has me scared for life.

All of the above.

the Talking Can
04-27-2011, 05:42 PM
how about we just don't draft 27 year old players

Detoxing
04-27-2011, 05:42 PM

Which is my only hope that the Chiefs won't draft this guy.

What happened to the Live, breath, die football that the Chiefs put an emphasis on?

DeezNutz
04-27-2011, 05:44 PM

Better get moving.

I refuse to believe that Pioli is this stupid.

OnTheWarpath58
04-27-2011, 05:44 PM
how about we just don't draft 27 year old players

Pioli probably leaked this, that way when he takes someone slightly less puzzling, people will say, "Whew. Thank fuck it wasn't Danny Watkins."

BigRock
04-27-2011, 05:48 PM
Lombardi was the one who broke the Cassel contract.

He broke a false story. He reported during the draft that Cassel signed a contract, but Cassel didn't actually sign until a few months later, and at different figures than Lombardi reported.

Last year, Mayock had us taking Okung, but initially talked up Bulaga. He also said outright that Pioli wouldn't take Berry.

Let's get back to overreacting to a thread title that in no way has been verified.

Detoxing
04-27-2011, 05:50 PM
He broke a false story. He reported during the draft that Cassel signed a contract, but Cassel didn't actually sign until a few months later, and at different figures than Lombardi reported.

Last year, Mayock had us taking Okung, but initially talked up Bulaga. He also said outright that Pioli wouldn't take Berry.

Let's get back to overreacting to a thread title that in no way has been verified.

Can't you see I'm busy over reacting to this right now?

Fuck, I can't over react on two things at once....god...

OnTheWarpath58
04-27-2011, 05:52 PM

Gretz broke the story two months ago, with a quote from Haley.

I would think the HC knows his own plans.

ChiefsCountry
04-27-2011, 06:04 PM
I'm not a fan of taking a 27 year old rookie at any point in the draft.

Watkins is older than Dwayne Bowe. Just let that sink in for a second.

OnTheWarpath58
04-27-2011, 06:07 PM
Watkins is older than Dwayne Bowe. Just let that sink in for a second.

I posted in a thread on DraftPlanet that we'd have a 27 year old rookie protecting a 28 year old QB that still plays like a rookie at times.

BigMeatballDave
04-27-2011, 06:24 PM
If he makes that selection, I think this place would be united in Pioli hate.

Marcellus
04-27-2011, 07:08 PM
No way we take Eric Berry at #5, I heard it from everyone that knows anything.

BigRock
04-27-2011, 07:13 PM
Gretz broke the story two months ago, with a quote from Haley.

Broke the story? He quoted from Haley's press conference at the combine. I'm not going to dig up the audio, but I really don't remember Haley saying it like it was a fact. I also don't remember anyone, Gretz included, discussing it afterwards like it was a fact.

Nothing has happened since then to confirm or deny the story. Gretz, two months removed, writing about it like it will happen is not confirmation. Nothing posted in the OP even comes close to confirmation.

And I'm far from the first person here to point this out. Maybe I'll start a thread called "McCluster story still unconfirmed", since people are just blindly reacting to the titles they see.

suzzer99
04-27-2011, 07:17 PM
No way we take Eric Berry at #5, I heard it from everyone that knows anything.

I heard we're going to draft an LT and move Albert back to his natural position at guard.

Marcellus
04-27-2011, 07:17 PM
Broke the story? He quoted from Haley's press conference at the combine. I'm not going to dig up the audio, but I really don't remember Haley saying it like it was a fact. I also don't remember anyone, Gretz included, discussing it afterwards like it was a fact.

Nothing has happened since then to confirm or deny the story. Gretz, two months removed, writing about it like it will happen is not confirmation. Nothing posted in the OP even comes close to confirmation.

And I'm far from the first person here to point this out. Maybe I'll start a thread called "McCluster story still unconfirmed", since people are just blindly reacting to the titles they see.

I can't even find the quote pasted in the OP on rotoworld. It may be there somewhere but I think the whole idea of the OP was to stir shit. And it worked.

http://www.rotoworld.com/teams/clubhouse/nfl/kc/kansas-city-chiefs

JASONSAUTO
04-27-2011, 07:21 PM
This is a stupid fucking thread with a misleading thread title.
Posted via Mobile Device

PornChief
04-27-2011, 07:25 PM
2 back sets with either coming out in motion or screens.

yeah that sounds a bit like what the Saints do with Reggie Bush, they'd have to cover him and Charles with something other than a LB and it might take away some underneath coverage on the WR's.

Count Zarth
04-27-2011, 07:28 PM
Now McCluster is Reggie Bush. LOL

PornChief
04-27-2011, 07:31 PM
I'm optimistic to a fault

el borracho
04-27-2011, 08:34 PM
McCluster sucks. He should be returning kicks until his contract runs out and then, hopefully, we won't ever have to think about him again.

BigMeatballDave
04-27-2011, 08:40 PM
McCluster sucks. He should be returning kicks until his contract runs out and then, hopefully, we won't ever have to think about him again.One partial season. Yeah, thats enough time to completely evaluate a player.

Count Zarth
04-27-2011, 08:43 PM
One partial season. Yeah, thats enough time to completely evaluate a player.

How is McCluster going to change this offseason? Explain how he will justify his draft position.

BigMeatballDave
04-27-2011, 08:55 PM
How is McCluster going to change this offseason? Explain how he will justify his draft position.I dont really give a fuck about draft position at this point. Cant change that. We just have to hope he improves. Suck it up.

el borracho
04-27-2011, 08:59 PM
One partial season. Yeah, thats enough time to completely evaluate a player.

Didn't even need that... Could have just used a tape measure.

Count Zarth
04-27-2011, 08:59 PM
I dont really give a fuck about draft position at this point. Cant change that. We just have to hope he improves. Suck it up.

Explain how he will improve. What will he start doing that he hasn't been doing? Be specific.

milkman
04-27-2011, 09:00 PM
How is McCluster going to change this offseason? Explain how he will justify his draft position.

I think there is some merit to the argument that the high ankle sprain impeded him to an extent, and that it's also possible that he didn't make a smooth adjustment to the speed of NFL players.

He may still potentially become a bigtime playmaker.

However, if there is any truth to the rumor that he'll be used primarily out of the backfield, and he gets 10 carries a game, he'll be out of the league in 3 years, most likely.

Darren Sproles, who is bigger and stronger, was already showing signs of wear last year, and to a lesser extent the previous year, and he's only been in the league for 4 years?

Marcellus
04-27-2011, 09:01 PM
Explain how he will improve. What will he start doing that he hasn't been doing? Be specific.

Seriously? How do most players improve Clay? Do they all come into the league at their best?

BigMeatballDave
04-27-2011, 09:06 PM
Explain how he will improve. What will he start doing that he hasn't been doing? Be specific.Seriously? This is a stupid fucking question.

BigMeatballDave
04-27-2011, 09:06 PM
Seriously? How do most players improve Clay? Do they all come into the league at their best?Heh...

Count Zarth
04-27-2011, 09:07 PM
If it's stupid it should have a simple answer.

Explain how McCluster will become a playmaker.

Marcellus
04-27-2011, 09:09 PM
If it's stupid it should have a simple answer.

Explain how McCluster will become a playmaker.

Adjusting to the speed of the game, having better instincts and reaction to make cuts and moves.

It's that simple.

DomerNKC
04-27-2011, 09:12 PM
Adjusting to the speed of the game, having better instincts and reaction to make cuts and moves.

It's that simple.I completely agree with this. As long as no other NFL player ever hits McCluster, he has a bright future.

Count Zarth
04-27-2011, 09:12 PM

It's that simple.

Got it.

McCluster will magically learn how to make people miss.

Discuss Thrower
04-27-2011, 09:13 PM
At the risk of coming off like a troll, Dexter would improve in working at the same "position" he played last year and not trying to "learn" another one... Assuming that the coaching mindset is different for a slot WR who might line up occasionally in the backfield for screens / off tackle pitches versus learning running back responsibilities.

And, while I'm thinking about it, how often would Dex be called on to stay in on blitz protection as a rotational RB?

Chocolate Hog
04-27-2011, 09:14 PM
This thread will disappear if Danny Watkins is the first round pick.

Marcellus
04-27-2011, 09:15 PM
Got it.

McCluster will magically learn how to make people miss.

No he will get better at it like most players. I know you are trolling a subject you love.

Ne need to discuss it further with you. No matter what anybody says you will throw out some snarky comment.

BigMeatballDave
04-27-2011, 09:15 PM
Got it.

McCluster will magically learn how to make people miss.ROFL Now I know you're just being intentionally obtuse.

Brianfo
04-27-2011, 09:17 PM
A 5' 8" 170# third down back. Awesome. This team never ceases to amaze me, and we spent a second round pick on him. It doesn't matter he was one of the captains on his team. I'll bet he was a spirit captain because he was too fokn small to be anything else. I will admit that I bot into the hype after that Monday night game, but after that MEH!

Brianfo
04-27-2011, 09:20 PM
At the risk of coming off like a troll, Dexter would improve in working at the same "position" he played last year and not trying to "learn" another one... Assuming that the coaching mindset is different for a slot WR who might line up occasionally in the backfield for screens / off tackle pitches versus learning running back responsibilities.

And, while I'm thinking about it, how often would Dex be called on to stay in on blitz protection as a rotational RB?

You have just nailed it. The OP can't be true. If it is, then this team will have just proved they are the stupidest team ever. We spent a 5th on Dante Hall and at least he did something.

T-post Tom
04-27-2011, 09:28 PM
You have just nailed it. The OP can't be true. If it is, then this team will have just proved they are the stupidest team ever. We spent a 5th on Dante Hall and at least he did something.

Seems a bit extreme. Especially considering that McCluster played RB in college.

Count Zarth
04-27-2011, 09:28 PM
No he will get better at it like most players.

LMAO

This is just comical. He's going to become more athletically talented as he gets older, eh?

This is why I had hoped he would remain a wide receiver. One can grow into that role and learn the nuances of the position.

Being a RB is a completely different situation. Either you have it or you don't and there are dozens of examples of this.

suzzer99
04-27-2011, 09:48 PM
Jamaal Charles got better, a lot better. And don't say he would have been the same as we saw last year if they just would have thrown him out there his rookie year. He didn't show anything that spectacular like he did last year and the 2nd half of 2009.

Seriously, questioning how a player at any position can possibly get better after their rookie year is either blatant trolling or full retard.

Brock
04-27-2011, 09:49 PM
LMAO

This is just comical. He's going to become more athletically talented as he gets older, eh?

This is why I had hoped he would remain a wide receiver. One can grow into that role and learn the nuances of the position.

Being a RB is a completely different situation. Either you have it or you don't and there are dozens of examples of this.

Jesus, you're fucking stupid. Lots of players have gotten better with more years.

Brianfo
04-27-2011, 09:51 PM
Seems a bit extreme. Especially considering that McCluster played RB in college.

So did Dante Halle.

suzzer99
04-27-2011, 09:53 PM
Jesus, you're ****ing stupid. Lots of players have gotten better with more years.

I think he's just trolling for fun. He's defending Grbac in another thread.

KC Tattoo
04-27-2011, 10:30 PM
<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Hb-chWh64Dc&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Hb-chWh64Dc&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></embed></object>

-----------
Dexter McCluster vs. Tennessee
282 rushing yards, 42 recieving yards
4 TOCUHDOWNS.
http://vimeo.com/7781366

---------
Stupid to put him at running back?

DBOSHO
04-27-2011, 10:33 PM
But but but NFL players are biggerer and fasterer!!1!1 doooooomed

KurtCobain
04-27-2011, 10:36 PM
400 posts on a subject with no new news.

BossChief
04-27-2011, 10:45 PM

LMAO

I know you are just trolling for reactions here, but really....your answer has been posted a few times and Ill offer it up again as well as an expansion to the reasoning (that I agree with)

High ankle sprain

For a player that relies on his elusiveness and ability to change direction, that injury is about as debilitating as it gets. When they announced it was possibly a HAS, I commented over and over that everyone was taking the injury lightly and that it would surely effect his abilities the remainder oft he year and it absolutely did.

Look at how he made his cuts and how decisive he was before the injury and after and its clear as day to see.

For further reasoning:

The more familiar the coaching staff becomes with his abilities, as well as the other players on offenses, the better prepared they will be to put him in position to succeed. Haley, specifically, has a propensity to call trick plays that try to get defenses on their heels (Kurt Warner said he thought he called them too much until the trick plays helped them win every playoff game on the way to the SB..then he praised him) DMC is just the guy Haley probably really wanted personally because of that factor.

The more experienced Matt Cassel gets and the better the talent we get at receiver gets, the more attention that will get from opposing defenses and therefore will give DMC more opportunities to have defenses not being able to key on him as was the case a lot of last year.

If they can find a way to get Charles and DMC on the field at the same time more, that would be great for us. You shift those guys, put them in motion and do whatever you can to get them matched up against players they can take advantage of and do so.

I think both are gonna be matchup nightmares.

If Charles ever misses a stretch of games (3-4)...DMC can give the offense a similar type of weapon to feature.

I wish we could have seen him healthy all year (hopefully, that sentiment doesnt end up being a microcosm of his career in a few years)

cdcox
04-27-2011, 10:51 PM
How quickly is Cassel going to go fetal with McCluster in blitz pickup as a third down back?

Blick
04-28-2011, 12:16 AM
Jordy Nelson was taken with the exact same pick in the '08 draft.

Rookie year - 33 rec, 366 yards, 2 TD's
2nd year - 22 rec, 320 yards, 2 TD's

You guys would've been calling Jordy a wasted pick as well. It takes more than a year to justify draft position.

salame
04-28-2011, 12:18 AM
what does nick athan say?

salame
04-28-2011, 12:21 AM
<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Hb-chWh64Dc&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Hb-chWh64Dc&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></embed></object>

-----------
Dexter McCluster vs. Tennessee
282 rushing yards, 42 recieving yards
4 TOCUHDOWNS.
http://vimeo.com/7781366

---------
Stupid to put him at running back?

I REALLY like dex but almost all of those were trick plays

patteeu
04-28-2011, 12:29 AM

If I were running a team, the only time I'd take a running back early in the draft would be if all the other pieces of my championship-contending team were in place. Until then, I'd take RBs late in the draft and through free agency (both rookie and vet) and try to find a solution through quantity rather than quality. RBs are too short-lived to take a first round stud when your team is still several pieces (and 2 or 3 years) short of being a contender. But you're right that it would be ridiculous to go to the extreme you're talking about.

BossChief
04-28-2011, 12:53 AM
I REALLY like dex but almost all of those were trick plays

which is what Haley loves to use

Its what he and Kurt Warner used to argue about and then after they made the superbowl Kurt did an interview where he said those plays where what gave them the advantage in the playoffs and the superbowl.

Haley will find unconventional ways to utilize DMC the more he learns how to do so.

salame
04-28-2011, 01:00 AM
which is what Haley loves to use

Its what he and Kurt Warner used to argue about and then after they made the superbowl Kurt did an interview where he said those plays where what gave them the advantage in the playoffs and the superbowl.

Haley will find unconventional ways to utilize DMC the more he learns how to do so.

which would be awesome if there weren't freakly athletic linebackers on every team.
a lot of arizonas trick plays were passes and shit
we cant run the triple option
UNLESS.....TRADE UP FOR CAM NEWTON!!!

Count Zarth
04-28-2011, 06:03 AM

You guys would've been calling Jordy a wasted pick as well. It takes more than a year to justify draft position.

Jordy Nelson was not moved to third-string RB.

McCluster's development as a WR just had it's nuts cut off. He's not developing into a player. He's being put into a neat little 30-catch-a-year gimmick box.

Marcellus
04-28-2011, 06:09 AM

McCluster's development as a WR just had it's nuts cut off. He's not developing into a player. He's being put into a neat little 30-catch-a-year gimmick box.

Great logic considering there nothing that actually says DMC has been moved.

Count Zarth
04-28-2011, 06:12 AM
Great logic considering there nothing that actually says DMC has been moved.

If Dexter has not been moved I will be patient with his development as a wide receiver.

Blick
04-28-2011, 06:33 AM

The point is...it's retarded to come to any type of conclusion on a player after his first year in the business.

You probably thought Dorsey was a bust after his rookie season.

the Talking Can
04-28-2011, 06:38 AM

Nelson is a WR who has always been a WR and is still a WR

he's not a backup RB in the duo named "One really good RB and One midget dude without a position"

but keep making shit up

Fish
04-28-2011, 06:41 AM
The point is...it's retarded to come to any type of conclusion on a player after his first year in the business.

You probably thought Dorsey was a bust after his rookie season.

Well if the story is true.... that means the Chiefs themselves would be coming to that conclusion after his first year... not us.

We're just commenting on the potential impact of this alleged decision.

J Diddy
04-28-2011, 09:05 AM
Nelson is a WR who has always been a WR and is still a WR

he's not a backup RB in the duo named "One really good RB and One midget dude without a position"

but keep making shit up

Hmmm, wasn't Dante Hall in the exact same boat?

Count Zarth
04-28-2011, 09:07 AM

Dante Hall was successful the first year he stepped on an NFL football field. He was an outstanding kick returner and contributed as a 4th receiver. He was converted to WR and was never, ever moved back to RB.

the Talking Can
04-28-2011, 09:17 AM

in the sense that he had no position and never became a great WR? yes

in the sense that he was the #36 pick in the draft? no

in the sense that he was a truly great kick returner? no

keg in kc
04-28-2011, 11:16 AM
Dante Hall was successful the first year he stepped on an NFL football field. He was an outstanding kick returner and contributed as a 4th receiver. He was converted to WR and was never, ever moved back to RB.I get that 11 years was a long time ago, so maybe the memory fades, but Dante Hall wasn't much as a rookie. it took 3 years for him to become the X-Factor, and a lot of people were surprised by that. Because early on, he had a bullseye for his blocker's backsides. And he was awful on the field with the offense, at least when we got to see him there...during the preseason. He was behind Mike Cloud on the depth chart, and eventually moved to WR - years later - because he never made it at RB.

Don't want to take my word for it? That's fine. Here's some rookie numbers:

KR: 17 returns for 358 yards (21.1), long of 36
PR: 6 returns for 37 yards (6.2), long of 22
0 rushes. 0 receptions.

Just for shits and giggles, McCluster's rookie numbers:

KR: 26 returns for 527 yards (20.3) long of 36
PR: 13 returns for 202 yards (15.5) long of 94, 1 TD
21 rec for 209 yards (10.0), long of 31T, 1 TD
18 rushes for 71 yards (3.9), long of 20

If anything, Hall should be the poster child for how McCluster could improve, because everything you're saying about McCluster now was said about Hall by people in 2000 and 2001 (although he began to show things as a returner that year, as I recall): at that time he was not elusive, he had very poor vision, hell, he didn't even look fast. And he couldn't do anything on offense (he had a total of 2 rushes in his first two years, and 0 receptions).

Count Zarth
04-28-2011, 11:17 AM
I wasn't talking about Dante Hall's rookie year. I was talking about the first year he actually played on offense, which was 2002. That was the first time he really got on a field. He wasn't getting snaps in 00 and 01.

Dante Hall is not the poster child because McCluster showed almost no ability as a return man or receiver last year. Returners don't magically develop over time. They're usually as good as they'll ever be, or very close to it, the first time they step on a field. Devin Hester took back 5 kicks for scores as a rookie.

keg in kc
04-28-2011, 11:20 AM
Trolling 101: when you're shown to be wrong, change the argument.

Simply Red
04-28-2011, 11:21 AM
Ideally off of screen sets, i'm thinking he's best once the blocks develop - downfield.

But i'm skeptical - I don't see much indicating he's a good back.

Hopefully he'll run a few back - but IDE know anymore, seems like he hit the 'luckys' a few too many times, toward the end of the year, or maybe I meant 'phillys'

Simply Red
04-28-2011, 11:22 AM

noted - how goes it Kegger?

Count Zarth
04-28-2011, 11:24 AM

I didn't change anything. If you misinterpreted my post, that's on you. Dante Hall wasn't on the field in 00 and 01. He was in 02. That's why I said he was contributing as a 4th receiver the first time he stepped on an NFL field.

keg in kc
04-28-2011, 11:24 AM
noted - how goes it Kegger?Not bad. Busy. Haven't seen you around for a while. How's everything?

keg in kc
04-28-2011, 11:28 AM
I didn't change anything. If you misinterpreted my post, that's on you. Dante Hall wasn't on the field in 00 and 01. He was in 02. That's why I said he was contributing as a 4th receiver the first time he stepped on an NFL field.I get it, the first two years he was on the field didn't really count. It only counts when he's on the field with the offense. Which took him three years. Because he wasn't any good. Which you're using as a justification for how McCluster will never get any better, because Dante Hall was great right away on offense, even though it took him three years. In the same thread where you're saying returners can't ever get any better while talking about Dante Hall, who wasn't any better as a returner his first two seasons than McCluster was last year, and then in his third season arguably because the best in the league. Because returners are all or nothing as rookies and never change.

Count Zarth
04-28-2011, 11:30 AM
Dante Hall wasn't really given an opportunity until his third year. That much is obvious. 17 kickoff returns and 6 punt returns is barely touching the ball AT ALL over the course of a season.

McCluster? Plenty of opportunity last year. Didn't remind anyone of Hester...or Dante Hall.

At some point you should realize the obvious here...he's just not very good. Returners don't "develop." Hester is one example...there are plenty of others.

Simply Red
04-28-2011, 11:31 AM
Not bad. Busy. Haven't seen you around for a while. How's everything?

good man, too busy these days, excluding THIS week. But yeah. Good Keg. DJ Jesus Christ loves you, babe. no homo

Simply Red
04-28-2011, 11:32 AM
I'm buying a McCluster teeshirt, shits gonna-b dope

JASONSAUTO
04-28-2011, 11:33 AM
I think every one realizes the obvious here.
Posted via Mobile Device

keg in kc
04-28-2011, 11:34 AM
Posted via Mobile DeviceYeah, I'd say you're probably right about that.

Count Zarth
04-28-2011, 11:35 AM
Fuck you guys. Fuck McCluster. He'll probably be off the team in three years.

Brock
04-28-2011, 11:37 AM
Fuck you guys. Fuck McCluster. He'll probably be off the team in three years.

Given your track record of evaluating players, I'll give that its due consideration.

Simply Red
04-28-2011, 11:38 AM
Posted via Mobile Device

hi Jason, my girlfriend bought the grey 1.8t - it ended up needing 4k in work, timing belt+thermistor+some sort of tranny regulator sensor, or something. Wish you were here, coulda gave you some business. Plus we could cuddle and stuff.

I'm not letting her make a pymt. till Sept. To help absorb. The 3.2 i still have and it's a rocket ship-I love that thing.

Simply Red
04-28-2011, 11:40 AM
**** you guys. **** McCluster. He'll probably be off the team in three years.

Jeez Clay - I bet in three yrs. his tee-shirt company sells more than LA's 'live-strong' Nike line.

JASONSAUTO
04-28-2011, 11:41 AM
hi Jason, my girlfriend bought the grey 1.8t - it ended up needing 4k in work, timing belt+thermistor+some sort of tranny regulator sensor, or something. Wish you were here, coulda gave you some business. Plus we could cuddle and stuff.

I'm not letting her make a pymt. till Sept. To help absorb. The 3.2 i still have and it's a rocket ship-I love that thing.
Yeah I would think I could have saved you quite a bit there.

Cuddling is worth a lot to me.
Posted via Mobile Device

JASONSAUTO
04-28-2011, 11:43 AM
Sr you are a silly dude lol
Posted via Mobile Device

BigMeatballDave
04-28-2011, 11:44 AM
I'm curious to know why the misleading thread title hasnt been edited.

BigMeatballDave
04-28-2011, 11:46 AM
Fuck you guys. Fuck McCluster. He'll probably be off the team in three years.Mecca said Hali sucked.

Simply Red
04-28-2011, 11:47 AM

This place delivers. You really forget just how much it does, until you take a little break from it. That shits just funny, and i'm not even sure it was supposed to b.

Count Zarth
04-28-2011, 11:48 AM
Mecca said Hali sucked.

LMAO

Why is that relevant?

Hali was a fucking stud as soon as he got to the NFL.

BigMeatballDave
04-28-2011, 11:55 AM
LMAO

Why is that relevant?

Hali was a fucking stud as soon as he got to the NFL.As sure as Mecca was that Hali would bust, this is where you're at now with Dex.

Count Zarth
04-28-2011, 11:58 AM
As sure as Mecca was that Hali would bust, this is where you're at now with Dex.

LMAO

This is just idiotic. Mecca was proven wrong within a few months.

I look pretty smart right now.

BigMeatballDave
04-28-2011, 12:00 PM
I look pretty smart right now.LMAO

Count Zarth
04-28-2011, 12:01 PM
Laugh all you want. If the Chiefs are moving McCluster to RB fulltime, they are more down on him than I am.

Simply Red
04-28-2011, 12:03 PM
dude, all he has to do is follow Willie Ro..]]]]]]]]]]]]]

BigMeatballDave
04-28-2011, 01:06 PM
Laugh all you want. If the Chiefs are moving McCluster to RB fulltime, they are more down on him than I am.Yeah, because thats all hes gonna do. Charles never runs passing routes.

scott free
04-28-2011, 01:10 PM
Count me in the 'whats the big deal' camp, as long as he's productive wherever he is, i'm all for it.

Thought we had a WR but got a speedy & jukey RB instead, big deal.

HotRoute
04-28-2011, 01:17 PM
Count me in the 'whats the big deal' camp, as long as he's productive wherever he is, i'm all for it.

Thought we had a WR but got a speedy & jukey RB instead, big deal.

totally this. why flame away about this kid? he could be a star once given the chance. he lit up the SEC while at Ole' Miss and has a chance to be a very elusive back in the NFL

scott free
04-28-2011, 01:25 PM
totally this. why flame away about this kid? he could be a star once given the chance. he lit up the SEC while at Ole' Miss and has a chance to be a very elusive back in the NFL

Some people are acting like 'THIS IS GONNA SET US BACK THREE YEARS DAMMIT'.

Count Zarth
04-28-2011, 01:44 PM
Some people are acting like 'THIS IS GONNA SET US BACK THREE YEARS DAMMIT'.

Every draft pick that doesn't fill a need when you have multiple GLARING needs sets you back.

We have a #3 RB instead of a starting WR...that's fucking awesome....

DeezNutz
04-28-2011, 01:45 PM
Lots of mocks have Gabbert going to SF. Don't know how they could do this, since they should still be suffering greatly because of the Smith selection.

Isn't there are a fucking 27-year moratorium on taking your next QB in the first?

scott free
04-28-2011, 01:57 PM
Every draft pick that doesn't fill a need when you have multiple GLARING needs sets you back.

We have a #3 RB instead of a starting WR...that's ****ing awesome....

Meh, he was never going to be more than a slot guy at best anyway, so i dont feel like we lost out all that bad, have we gotten the corresponding value out of him from where he was picked? no, atleast not yet.

But i think we eventually will with him at RB, which is a better fit for him anyway IMO. I wouldnt get too hung up on 'he's a #3' or 'a lightly used #2' or whatever, i think the coaches will get creative in how he's used & we'll eventually get our moneys worth.

Pestilence
04-28-2011, 01:59 PM

Don't fuck with my thread. :D

HotRoute
04-28-2011, 02:12 PM
A few home run TDs for fifty yrds and people around here are going to be saying that McCluster Needs more carries

Count Zarth
04-28-2011, 02:35 PM
A few home run TDs for fifty yrds and people around here are going to be saying that McCluster Needs more carries

http://i56.tinypic.com/sw691e.jpg