PDA

View Full Version : Kent Babb thinks the Chiefs will draft Carimi

Von Dumbass
04-27-2011, 10:12 AM
https://twitter.com/kentbabb

Your pals at @ArrowheadPride conducted an interview with Gabe Carimi today. More I think about it, more I think he's KC's guy.

Carimi just seems to make a lot of sense: Fills a need, character guy, impressive background, multiple years of college success, not a reach

Yes, the Chiefs have more pressing needs, but I think it'd be a mistake to reach for a WR, pass rusher or NT -- top 3 needs -- at 21.

Baylor NT Phil Taylor is possible, but I can't get over character concerns. Kicked out of Penn State a while back. Maybe it's no big deal.

Since we like lists around here, here are my top four possibilities in terms of likelihood: 1. Carimi, 2. Ayers, 3. Taylor, 4. Solder.

Back to Taylor quickly, major reason KC drafted TyJax 2 yrs ago was bc team would never have to worry about him showing up on police report.

Team didn't think Jax would necessarily be great player, but there's some value in not having to worry about your top pick's weekend plans.

BigCatDaddy
04-27-2011, 10:15 AM
Chiefs beat reporter Kent Babb believes that the team will draft Oklahoma State LT Russell Okung with the No. 5 overall pick.

Fish
04-27-2011, 10:21 AM
Back to Taylor quickly, major reason KC drafted TyJax 2 yrs ago was bc team would never have to worry about him showing up on police report.

Team didn't think Jax would necessarily be great player, but there's some value in not having to worry about your top pick's weekend plans.

Turns out they didn't have to worry about him showing up on the field either...

:facepalm:

dannybcaitlyn
04-27-2011, 10:23 AM
Just say "NO"

the Talking Can
04-27-2011, 10:24 AM
please trade down

SNR
04-27-2011, 10:33 AM
Since we like lists around here, here are my top four possibilities in terms of likelihood: 1. Carimi, 2. Ayers, 3. Taylor, 4. Solder.For me, that list may as well say 1. Carimi, 2. Hitler, 3. Stalin, 4. Polpot

Babb managed to assemble a shit-tastic list of probables. I just hope the bottom three aren't in the picture

Chiefnj2
04-27-2011, 10:39 AM
I can't fathom why people would be very upset with Carimi or Taylor. Both are areas of need, especially Taylor. Both are regarded as first round talents by 99% of evaluators. Both were very productive their senior years. Carimi has no character red flags.

Not the sexiest picks, but not picks to gnash one's teeth over.

The biggest knock on Carimi would be one's belief that decent RT's could be had in rounds 2-4.

Dante84
04-27-2011, 10:42 AM

HEY OH

PhillyChiefFan
04-27-2011, 10:43 AM
I can't fathom why people would be very upset with Carimi or Taylor. Both are areas of need, especially Taylor. Both are regarded as first round talents by 99% of evaluators. Both were very productive their senior years. Carimi has no character red flags.

The biggest knock on Carimi would be one's belief that decent RT's could be had in rounds 2-4.

Taylor's stock fell quick, apparently, two bones in his foot are growing together and there is nothing that can fix it.

SNR
04-27-2011, 10:44 AM

The biggest knock on Carimi would be one's belief that decent RT's could be had in rounds 2-4.I haven't seen Taylor produce on the field in all the Baylor footage I've watched this year. Granted, that included the Oklahoma game and the handful of youtube highlight videos I've seen. Even then, I see him get blocked out of the picture by a single guard sometimes. He's not what we need at NT... he looks like just a younger, more inexperienced version of Ron Edwards to me

Chiefnj2
04-27-2011, 10:48 AM
Taylor's stock fell quick, apparently, two bones in his foot are growing together and there is nothing that can fix it.

Except he wasn't asked back for a medical re-evaluation, which means that rumor is likely completely BS.

Chiefnj2
04-27-2011, 10:52 AM
I haven't seen Taylor produce on the field in all the Baylor footage I've watched this year. Granted, that included the Oklahoma game and the handful of youtube highlight videos I've seen. Even then, I see him get blocked out of the picture by a single guard sometimes. He's not what we need at NT... he looks like just a younger, more inexperienced version of Ron Edwards to me

I thought he looked pretty good against Oklahoma.

Bewbies
04-27-2011, 10:54 AM
I want Buffalo to trade up with us and get their #1 next year.

BigCatDaddy
04-27-2011, 10:57 AM
I thought he looked pretty good against Oklahoma.

Oklahoma's offensive line sucked this year so that isn't saying much.

Chiefnj2
04-27-2011, 10:59 AM
Oklahoma's offensive line sucked this year so that isn't saying much.

Compared to the overall talent of the Baylor DL?? C'mon. The kid played a good game against a better team.

BigCatDaddy
04-27-2011, 11:01 AM
Compared to the overall talent of the Baylor DL?? C'mon. The kid played a good game against a better team.

No, just compared to a typical OU offensive line.

keg in kc
04-27-2011, 11:08 AM
Well, that fucking sucks.

OnTheWarpath58
04-27-2011, 11:10 AM

LMAO

Mr. Laz
04-27-2011, 11:52 AM
saw something about Carimi being pretty arrogant in team interviews. If true i doubt he is Pioli type guy.

SNR
04-27-2011, 12:12 PM
I thought he looked pretty good against Oklahoma.Oklahoma was his worst, IMO. Granted, it was pretty much him against the OU offense, but I didn't see much out of him. At the very least I wanted to see him hold his ground the way a NT should. That happened maybe 1 in every 5 snaps

nascher
04-27-2011, 12:37 PM
I am going with Justin Houston he is a very good player and the "perfect" 3-4 OLB.

Nightfyre
04-27-2011, 12:39 PM
I truly think we misinterpret pioli's desired character traits. I think he cares about the players loving thr game, wanting to win, working hard and being a good teammate. I don't think he looks for "good guys." Just my interpretation of interviews I've seen. I also think carimi is a smoke screen and we will deal down. Plus we have to cover the bases with all of our potential picks anyway.

Chiefnj2
04-27-2011, 12:48 PM
Oklahoma was his worst, IMO. Granted, it was pretty much him against the OU offense, but I didn't see much out of him. At the very least I wanted to see him hold his ground the way a NT should. That happened maybe 1 in every 5 snaps

It's up on youtube.

I'm not sure what people expect of him. I saw him get penetration a couple of times, make tackles on running plays and hold his ground against double teams.

ChiefMojo
04-27-2011, 02:11 PM
If you call Carimi being confident in stating he is the best OT in the draft, then I guess you can call him being arrogant. With that said, Carimi isn't a douchebag but just confident imho. He is probably the safest pick in the draft for KC at #21. He gives you a legit starting RT that can be All-Pro for many years. He is also someone that is able to play 4 of the 5 positions along the OL. He is the best run-blocking OT in the draft bar-none.

Detoxing
04-27-2011, 02:16 PM
I am going with Justin Houston he is a very good player and the "perfect" 3-4 OLB.

He's also failed a drug test at the combine. And he'd make a good 3-4 Rush backer, but he's not replacing Tamba and we'll need a little more versatility then what he offers on the opposite side.

I was high on Houston for a minute, but not anymore.

Detoxing
04-27-2011, 02:17 PM
It's up on youtube.

I'm not sure what people expect of him. I saw him get penetration a couple of times, make tackles on running plays and hold his ground against double teams.

Meh.

I'd have to watch it again, but i remember seeing him get his shit pushed in on several occasions. I think he'd be a nice 2nd round pick up, but I wouldn't touch him with the 21st overall.

MTG#10
04-27-2011, 02:29 PM
Jamaal Charles thinks it will be Ayers