PDA

View Full Version : General Politics Talking heads seeing themselves as great patriots

RedNeckRaider
04-27-2011, 03:31 PM
I read some where Glen Beck said that "even Paul Revere had to climb off his horse after a while" when explaining why his show on fox was ending. (You would think someone would have told him Revere only rode 19 miles) Anyway the fact he was most likely being serious makes it pretty funny. Today while driving home from work I was surfing channels and stopped to listen to Sean Hannity for a few minutes. He is babbling on about Barry (much of I agree with) He gets all serious and says I have a message for the president....pauses for effect and in his best Ronald Regan he says "Mr President tear down your wall" he repeats it several times while listing the things he disagrees with. These clowns have no one around to check them I guess but it is comedy gold that they take themselves that serious~

Jaric
04-27-2011, 03:41 PM
Glenn Beck should have been publically flogged for that Paul Revere comment.

Fucking first amendment...

Earthling
04-27-2011, 07:02 PM
I'm pretty sure Beck was alluding to the load that was being carried and was comparing himself to the horse...

blaise
04-27-2011, 07:09 PM
I don't listen to political talk radio, and aside from their politics, I would think that to do a radio show by yourself for several hours each day you're going to end up saying a lot of wacky stuff and developing a sort of persona. That's why you hear sports radio guys like Colin Cowherd say dumb stuff- because they know that's what gets the phones to ring and the emails to come in. Then they probably convince themselves "I'm not agitating. This is what I believe, and I'm just saying it into a microphone."

Earthling
04-27-2011, 07:12 PM
I don't listen to political talk radio, and aside from their politics, I would think that to do a radio show by yourself for several hours each day you're going to end up saying a lot of wacky stuff and developing a sort of persona. That's why you hear sports radio guys like Colin Cowherd say dumb stuff- because they know that's what gets the phones to ring and the emails to come in. Then they probably convince themselves "I'm not agitating. This is what I believe, and I'm just saying it into a microphone."

I agree. It would be terribly difficult to do that solo for any length of time.

BucEyedPea
04-27-2011, 09:25 PM
"Let's give them something to talk about..."~ Bonnie Rait

Garcia Bronco
04-29-2011, 03:37 PM
Paul Revere is an interesting example because someone else did most the work to alert the colonists about the British.

RedNeckRaider
04-29-2011, 09:45 PM
Paul Revere is an interesting example because someone else did most the work to alert the colonists about the British.

Israel Bissell rode for 345 miles as opposed to Revere only riding 19 miles. Henry Wadsworth Longfellow wrote the famous poem Paul Revere's Ride. It was so popular Bissell was all but forgotten~

headsnap
04-30-2011, 07:44 AM
Now here's a little story, I've got to tell
About three bad brothers, you know so well
It started way back in history
With Adrock, M.C.A., and me, Me Mike D, They had a little horsy named Israel Bissell
Just me and my horsy and a quart of beer
Riding across the land,and kicking up sand
Sheriff's posse on my tail cause I'm in demand
One lonely Beastie I be
All by myself, with nobody
The sun is beating down on my baseball hat
The air is gettin' hot, the beer is getting flat
I was lookin' for a girl, I ran into a guy
His name is M.C.A., I said, "Howdy", he said, "Hi"

the Beasties thank that Longfellow...

orange
06-03-2011, 06:32 PM
<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/oS4C7bvHv2w?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/oS4C7bvHv2w?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

Fishpicker
06-03-2011, 06:43 PM
Fox News' talking heads are really bad in this respect. the guys that do radio and TV shows are the worst. Liberal talking heads are bad but they don't build themselves up as patriots quite as much.

patteeu
06-03-2011, 07:24 PM
Fox News' talking heads are really bad in this respect. the guys that do radio and TV shows are the worst. Liberal talking heads are bad but they don't build themselves up as patriots quite as much.

There's a simple explanation for that.

Deberg_1990
06-03-2011, 07:44 PM
"Let's give them something to talk about..."~ Bonnie Rait

Exactly. Fair and rational doesnt get much response. Kneejerk and overeaction is what drives ratings. These TV and radio personalities know exactly what they are doing.

Pitt Gorilla
06-04-2011, 03:33 PM
There's a simple explanation for that.Less self-important, better perspective, more education?

Captain Obvious
06-04-2011, 06:29 PM
<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/oS4C7bvHv2w?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/oS4C7bvHv2w?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

He also stuck a feather in his cap and called it macaroni.

Bowser
06-05-2011, 10:05 PM
Fuck 'em all, big and little.