PDA

View Full Version : Poop Ihop beat down?

MIAdragon
04-27-2011, 03:31 PM
Justified or not? I dont think so. (if its a repost gfys)

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/0Pw-bEwEUvI?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0Pw-bEwEUvI?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

BigMeatballDave
04-27-2011, 03:34 PM
Seems the cop struck 1st. However, I cant tell what may have provoked him before the video.

Donger
04-27-2011, 03:34 PM
Entirely justified.

Donger
04-27-2011, 03:35 PM
Seems the cop struck 1st. However, I cant tell what may have provoked him before the video.

She's got her hands on the cop trying to arrest someone else. In other words, physically interfering with an arrest. Not very bright.

Iowanian
What happened in the minute prior to that video being turned on?

I guess she learned that she shouldn't slap a cop in the face.

BigMeatballDave
That dude is way too fat to be a cop.

MIAdragon
04-27-2011, 03:37 PM
Entirely justified.

So you think that 300lb man winding up on a 100lb woman, while her arms were being held by another cop, was justified? Thats surprising coming from you.

Fish
04-27-2011, 03:38 PM
From what I can see in this video, I don't think the cop did anything wrong. She was clearly interfering when she didn't need to.

Al Bundy
04-27-2011, 03:39 PM
You take woman with drunken retard strength, taking 3 or 4 good swipes at you while you are trying to arrest someone else. She's lucky he didn't really beat her ass. She had it coming.

Donger
So you think that 300lb man winding up on a 100lb woman, while her arms were being held by another cop, was justified? Thats surprising coming from you.

He didn't "wind up on her" right away. The first time he engages her, it's more of a push to the face. She then smacks him in the face. Then he "winds up on her."

Just Passin' By
Since we can't see what led up to it, I have to go with what's there. That's a clear case of police brutality.

Simplex3
04-27-2011, 03:40 PM
I don't see the "brutality" here. She was moving in an aggressive manner, he hit her once to gain the advantage and then after that was pretty gentle given her continued resistance.

Mr. Flopnuts
04-27-2011, 03:41 PM
He lost his cool and decked her in the mouth. Guess that slap to his face must've stung the poor little fella.

BigMeatballDave
04-27-2011, 03:42 PM
Those cops handled that horribly. If that dude was under arrest. They should have instructed the woman to move and then extract the guy from the booth.

OnTheWarpath58
04-27-2011, 03:42 PM
What makes people think they can touch cops, especially when they are in the process of restraining someone else?

Donger
04-27-2011, 03:43 PM
Those cops handled that horribly. If that dude was under arrest. They should have instructed the woman to move and then extract the guy from the booth.

That looks like what they were trying to do. She was trying to prevent it.

seclark
04-27-2011, 03:43 PM
no shoes
no shirt
no service
sec

Detoxing
04-27-2011, 03:44 PM
He lost his cool and decked her in the mouth. Guess that slap to his face must've stung the poor little fella.

This.

The first time he slapped her was out of frustration.

She retaliated because she felt she was hit unjustly.

He then punches her out of anger.

Another case in which the cop was out of line, but she shouldn't have provoked it.

There was no reason for her to be up in the mix.

Fish
04-27-2011, 03:44 PM

"Instructed the woman to move"? The woman who was swinging at him? Looked to me like it was already past the point of instructing.

BigMeatballDave
04-27-2011, 03:45 PM
That looks like what they were trying to do. She was trying to prevent it.Why was the cop leaning over the table? If she was actually trying to stop them, then she shouldve been in cuffs long before any of that happened.

Donger
04-27-2011, 03:46 PM
Why was the cop leaning over the table? If she was actually trying to stop them, then she shouldve been in cuffs long before any of that happened.

He was leaning over the table to try to arrest the other person. That's what it looks like.

BigMeatballDave
04-27-2011, 03:47 PM
"Instructed the woman to move"? The woman who was swinging at him? Looked to me like it was already past the point of instructing.Read #20

BigMeatballDave
04-27-2011, 03:47 PM
He was leaning over the table to try to arrest the other person. That's what it looks like.Then that cop is a fucking moron.

raybec 4
04-27-2011, 03:48 PM
Fuck her, she ran into the street and got hit by a car, so fuckin what.

OnTheWarpath58
Why was the cop leaning over the table? If she was actually trying to stop them, then she shouldve been in cuffs long before any of that happened.

Why is the cop leaning over the table?

You mean, other than trying to detain the person in gray sitting opposite the woman?

You.

Don't.

Put.

Your.

Hands.

On.

A.

Cop.

Period.

ESPECIALLY when said cop is trying to detain someone else.

Donger
Then that cop is a ****ing moron.

We don't see what transpired before this.

Fish
This.

The first time he slapped her was out of frustration.

She retaliated because she felt she was hit unjustly.

He then punches her out of anger.

Another case in which the cop was out of line, but she shouldn't have provoked it.

There was no reason for her to be up in the mix.

The first time he slapped her was after she was already aggressively interfering with them. She had her hands on the cop well before he did anything. Pretty clear from the video.

I'm all for eliminating unnecessary police brutality. But that dumb woman got what she deserved here.

Donger
04-27-2011, 03:49 PM
Did you guys notice how quickly her right arm went behind her back once he got the cuffs on her left wrist? I suspect that this wasn't her first run-in with law enforcement.

Count Zarth
04-27-2011, 03:50 PM
You.

Don't.

Put.

Your.

Hands.

On.

A.

Cop.

So we just need to get McCluster into the Police Academy.

KCrockaholic
04-27-2011, 03:50 PM
Another person without common sense.

If you don't want to be put in jail or taken down by the police, let them do their job, and stay out of the way. If your dumbass wants to be put in jail, then interfere and watch your ass be taken down along with the original criminal.

BigMeatballDave
04-27-2011, 03:51 PM

You mean, other than trying to detain the person in gray sitting opposite the woman?

You.

Don't.

Put.

Your.

Hands.

On.

A.

Cop.

Period.

ESPECIALLY when said cop is trying to detain someone else.I'm not defending the woman. She should not have been right there if they were trying to make an arrest. The officers failed to take control of the situation.

BigMeatballDave
04-27-2011, 03:52 PM
Another person without common sense.

If you don't want to be put in jail or taken down by the police, let them do their job, and stay out of the way. If your dumbass wants to be put in jail, then interfere and watch your ass be taken down along with the original criminal.Pretty much.

It never should have escalated to that level, anyway.

Fish
04-27-2011, 03:53 PM
Read #20

I read #20. It's irrelevant. We can only go by what we see in the video. And in the video, she interferes with the police before they touch her. It doesn't matter when they remove her. Saying they should have done it sooner doesn't change the fact that she deserved the response she provoked.

Donger
I'm not defending the woman. She should not have been right there if they were trying to make an arrest. The officers failed to take control of the situation.

Seems like they controlled it rather well.

And, she was apparently drunk and didn't know that he was a cop.

LMAO

raybec 4
It's the easiest shit in the world to just not get arrested. I'm still amazed at how many dunces can't seem to pull it off.

BigMeatballDave
So we just need to get McCluster into the Police Academy.
Piss off, the adults are talking.

Spott
I'm really waffling over what I feel about this video.

Donger
04-27-2011, 03:54 PM
http://www.ajc.com/news/atlanta/attorney-cop-used-excessive-926236.html

The four women who were part of a scuffle with an off-duty Atlanta police officer had barely sat down at a table at the Buckhead IHOP when the confrontation started, one of them said.

“It was just four girls, just a regular night out, going to get something to eat,” Cynthia Freeman said.

Freeman said she noticed two guys dressed as characters from the Star Wars trilogy.

“Wow, they got the helmet … they’ve got everything, what are you guys doing?” Freeman said she asked early that morning.

Minutes later, she said a man in a blue shirt came over to their table.

“He tells me, shut up, be quiet, you need to leave,” an emotional Freeman said.

The incident was captured on video, the Atlanta Police Department confirmed. The video also shows the officer punching another woman, Ashley Leavell. Freeman said she had never met Leavell before the incident and added that she had been dining at another table.

“She was trying to get the officer to back off,” Freeman said.

Freeman was among four arrested in the 4 a.m. Saturday incident, according to Atlanta attorney Bobby Aniekwu. He told the AJC he is representing three of the women in what he considers a case of "excessive force."

Cynthia Freeman is one of Aniekwu's clients. He said she is charged with obstruction of justice, criminal trespass and simple battery.

Leavell was charged with obstruction, public drunkeness and simple battery.

Freeman spoke to the AJC Wednesday at Aniekwu's office in downtown Atlanta. She said she did not realize the man who approached her table was a police officer.

“When we walked in, I didn’t pay anybody no attention. I just sat down,” she said.

“I looked at his face, I didn’t look at what he had on or anything because everything happened so fast,” Freeman said. “I didn’t know what he was until he pulled out those cuffs.” Freeman said the officer pulled on her hair to the point that some of it came out.

Her friend, Roberta Caban, said the officer never identified himself before the incident.

It is not yet known if the women will sue.

Aniekwu said he has to review a copy of the police report, which he hasn’t yet received.

“As I sit here today, there's a great likelihood we will start some litigation,” he said.

What started the melee is unclear. Freeman said she and her friends were seated at the first table near the front door of the IHOP. She was speaking to her friends about two nearby restaurant patrons who were dressed like characters -- Boba Fett and a Storm Trooper -- from the Star Wars films before the off-duty APD officer approached.

“He just attacked me,” Freeman said, “And I said, ‘What did I do? What did I do? I didn’t do anything.”

“I’m sitting with my friends, and I’m talking to the Darth Vadar guys, just on a casual conversation ... and then he just out of nowhere came to me, out of all of the people, came to me,” she said later.

“I didn’t touch this man, never, not once,” she said. “I didn’t pay him any attention what he had on. I was just looking at his face because he was yelling.”

According to several videos posted on YouTube.com, the officer, whose name police have not provided, shouted at a woman sitting in the corner of a booth near the door and then he lunged at her. A woman wearing a black dress appeared to be trying to separate the officer and her friend when the officer slapped her. The woman in the black dress hit him back, and he punched her in the face.

A second officer came up just as the struggle began. He got involved when it became physical between the first cop and the woman in the black dress, apparently trying to separate them. The first officer pulled the woman away from the table, threw her onto the floor and laid on top of her while trying to get handcuffs on one wrist. The second wrist was cuffed when she turned over on her stomach.

Within moments, a female officer appeared to hold back the crowd while the woman in the black dress, shoeless, was led out of the restaurant.

The officer involved in the incident has been placed on administrative duty pending the outcome of an investigation, an Atlanta police spokesman said.

“The officer involved in the arrest and confrontation with a patron at the IHOP in Buckhead has been placed on administrative duty pending the outcome of an investigation by the department’s Office of Professional Standards. Use of force by police officers is a matter the department takes seriously, and the OPS investigation will determine if the officer acted within established guidelines. Chief Turner has pledged to have the OPS investigation concluded in 10 business days.”

Caban said the officer went overboard.

"I felt so bad for her, for anybody to go through that," Caban told Channel 2 Action News.

"No one would tell us why we were arrested, no one would tell us anything," she added. "And we wind up spending over 24 hours in jail."

OnTheWarpath58
04-27-2011, 03:54 PM
I'm not defending the woman. She should not have been right there if they were trying to make an arrest. The officers failed to take control of the situation.

Looks like they took control to me.

Someone interfered with them doing their job, and they removed the interference.

I'm sick and fucking tired of people acting like dumbasses and then crying "police brutality."

Sit the fuck down, shut the fuck up, let the police do their job, and you don't get punched in the fucking face and spend the night in jail.

Pretty fucking simple.

KCrockaholic
04-27-2011, 03:56 PM

Someone interfered with them doing their job, and they removed the interference.

I'm sick and ****ing tired of people acting like dumbasses and then crying "police brutality."

Sit the **** down, shut the **** up, let the police do their job, and you don't get punched in the ****ing face and spend the night in jail.

Pretty ****ing simple.

OTW nails this one.

Just Passin' By
04-27-2011, 03:56 PM

You.

Don't.

Put.

Your.

Hands.

On.

A.

Cop.

Period.

Even most policemen wouldn't try to use this claim as a justification. A woman laying restraining hands on a police officer when the officer is tugging on the neckline of a person stuck in a seat is NOT justification for the officer hauling off on the woman.

If that officer can't remove those hands without such violence, he's not competent, and he needs to be looking for a new line of work.

BigMeatballDave
04-27-2011, 03:57 PM
We don't see what transpired before this.That has nothing to do with it.

My point is, if they were trying to arrest the other person, why was that woman right there interfering? Why was she not removed before hand?

suds79
04-27-2011, 03:58 PM
People just need to realize that bad things happen when you put your hands on cops.

Either A:
You get arrested. Charged with assaulting an officer, etc.

or B:
The cop oversteps his bounds and goes ape sh!t on you and probably will get away with it... Oh and you still get charged with assaulting an officer.

What's to be learned? It's that whether or not it's wright or wrong is almost a moot point.

Do you want a ton of trouble on your hands? If yes? Then go ahead and put your hands on a cop.

OnTheWarpath58
04-27-2011, 03:59 PM
People just need to realize that bad things happen when you put your hands on cops.

Either A:

or B:
The cop oversteps his bounds and goes ape sh!t on you and probably will get away with it... Oh and you still get charged with assaulting an officer.

What's to be learned? It's that whether or not it's wright or wrong is almost a moot point.

Do you want a ton of trouble on your hands? If yes? Then go ahead and put your hands on a cop.

Exactly.

Fritz88
04-27-2011, 04:00 PM
You put your hands on a cop, that's a red line.

Hitting her excessively after that would be a bit too much but what do ya know? Maybe he wanted to be on top of a woman and handcuff her?

BigRichard
04-27-2011, 04:02 PM

I'm sick and ****ing tired of people acting like dumbasses and then crying "police brutality."

Sit the **** down, shut the **** up, let the police do their job, and you don't get punched in the ****ing face and spend the night in jail.

Pretty ****ing simple.

This. Why can't people understand that?

seclark
04-27-2011, 04:03 PM
something's in the maple syrup...just sayin.
sec

Just Passin' By
04-27-2011, 04:04 PM

Either A:

or B:

Cops aren't a special class of people when it comes to assault and battery, in terms of what actions constitute the crime. You're treating them as if they are.

And right or wrong is not only not moot, it's the only point that matters.

ChiTown
04-27-2011, 04:06 PM
Here's another angle of the incident of that dumb fuggin bitch. She's trying to video and shove the cop. LMFAO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9shJZCnPr9s&feature=related

KCrockaholic
04-27-2011, 04:08 PM
This. Why can't people understand that?

Because the majority of people lack common sense. Fuckin Thomas Paine man. He was the shit.

shitgoose
04-27-2011, 04:10 PM
I'd hit it

BigMeatballDave
04-27-2011, 04:11 PM

I'm sick and fucking tired of people acting like dumbasses and then crying "police brutality."

Sit the fuck down, shut the fuck up, let the police do their job, and you don't get punched in the fucking face and spend the night in jail.

Pretty fucking simple.I'm not disputing this. Interfere with law enforcement and you get what you get, I'm saying it couldve been handled better.

Iowanian
04-27-2011, 04:11 PM
the real question is, why didn't the videography take a few steps and catch the beaver show while her dress was over her head....

Count Zarth
04-27-2011, 04:12 PM
It's a good thing that he did that to a woman, because otherwise it would be wrong.

KCrockaholic
04-27-2011, 04:12 PM
Here's another angle of the incident of that dumb fuggin bitch. She's trying to video and shove the cop. LMFAO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9shJZCnPr9s&feature=related

Interesting. And I still have the same opinion...Except now I know the guy in the gray costume is a retard.

blaise
04-27-2011, 04:14 PM
Don't try and slap a cop.

OnTheWarpath58
04-27-2011, 04:15 PM
http://www.ajc.com/news/atlanta/attorney-cop-used-excessive-926236.html

The four women who were part of a scuffle with an off-duty Atlanta police officer had barely sat down at a table at the Buckhead IHOP when the confrontation started, one of them said.

“It was just four girls, just a regular night out, going to get something to eat,” Cynthia Freeman said.

Freeman said she noticed two guys dressed as characters from the Star Wars trilogy.

“Wow, they got the helmet … they’ve got everything, what are you guys doing?” Freeman said she asked early that morning.

Minutes later, she said a man in a blue shirt came over to their table.

“He tells me, shut up, be quiet, you need to leave,” an emotional Freeman said.

The incident was captured on video, the Atlanta Police Department confirmed. The video also shows the officer punching another woman, Ashley Leavell. Freeman said she had never met Leavell before the incident and added that she had been dining at another table.

“She was trying to get the officer to back off,” Freeman said.

Freeman was among four arrested in the 4 a.m. Saturday incident, according to Atlanta attorney Bobby Aniekwu. He told the AJC he is representing three of the women in what he considers a case of "excessive force."

Cynthia Freeman is one of Aniekwu's clients. He said she is charged with obstruction of justice, criminal trespass and simple battery.

Leavell was charged with obstruction, public drunkeness and simple battery.

Freeman spoke to the AJC Wednesday at Aniekwu's office in downtown Atlanta. She said she did not realize the man who approached her table was a police officer.

“When we walked in, I didn’t pay anybody no attention. I just sat down,” she said.

“I looked at his face, I didn’t look at what he had on or anything because everything happened so fast,” Freeman said. “I didn’t know what he was until he pulled out those cuffs.” Freeman said the officer pulled on her hair to the point that some of it came out.

Her friend, Roberta Caban, said the officer never identified himself before the incident.

It is not yet known if the women will sue.

Aniekwu said he has to review a copy of the police report, which he hasn’t yet received.

“As I sit here today, there's a great likelihood we will start some litigation,” he said.

What started the melee is unclear. Freeman said she and her friends were seated at the first table near the front door of the IHOP. She was speaking to her friends about two nearby restaurant patrons who were dressed like characters -- Boba Fett and a Storm Trooper -- from the Star Wars films before the off-duty APD officer approached.

“He just attacked me,” Freeman said, “And I said, ‘What did I do? What did I do? I didn’t do anything.”

“I’m sitting with my friends, and I’m talking to the Darth Vadar guys, just on a casual conversation ... and then he just out of nowhere came to me, out of all of the people, came to me,” she said later.

“I didn’t touch this man, never, not once,” she said. “I didn’t pay him any attention what he had on. I was just looking at his face because he was yelling.”

According to several videos posted on YouTube.com, the officer, whose name police have not provided, shouted at a woman sitting in the corner of a booth near the door and then he lunged at her. A woman wearing a black dress appeared to be trying to separate the officer and her friend when the officer slapped her. The woman in the black dress hit him back, and he punched her in the face.

A second officer came up just as the struggle began. He got involved when it became physical between the first cop and the woman in the black dress, apparently trying to separate them. The first officer pulled the woman away from the table, threw her onto the floor and laid on top of her while trying to get handcuffs on one wrist. The second wrist was cuffed when she turned over on her stomach.

Within moments, a female officer appeared to hold back the crowd while the woman in the black dress, shoeless, was led out of the restaurant.

The officer involved in the incident has been placed on administrative duty pending the outcome of an investigation, an Atlanta police spokesman said.

“The officer involved in the arrest and confrontation with a patron at the IHOP in Buckhead has been placed on administrative duty pending the outcome of an investigation by the department’s Office of Professional Standards. Use of force by police officers is a matter the department takes seriously, and the OPS investigation will determine if the officer acted within established guidelines. Chief Turner has pledged to have the OPS investigation concluded in 10 business days.”

Caban said the officer went overboard.

"I felt so bad for her, for anybody to go through that," Caban told Channel 2 Action News.

"No one would tell us why we were arrested, no one would tell us anything," she added. "And we wind up spending over 24 hours in jail."

So, not only did she interfere, she wasn't even originally sitting at the table?

She didn't know these people and got involved?

blaise
04-27-2011, 04:17 PM
The cops should be glad she was white, otherwise the whole city of Atlanta would be protesting around the clock.

KCrockaholic
04-27-2011, 04:18 PM
The cops should be glad she was white, otherwise the whole city of Atlanta would be protesting around the clock.

No way that was Atlanta. Waaay too many white people. And the Mexicans didn't even look that Mexican. WTFBP? Where's the fucking black people dammit?

Count Zarth
04-27-2011, 04:18 PM
Women want to be treated like men...so enjoy it, bitches.

OnTheWarpath58
04-27-2011, 04:19 PM
This whole thing never happens if the original woman in grey complies with the cop instead of resisting.

KCrockaholic
04-27-2011, 04:19 PM
Women want to be treated like men...so enjoy it, bitches.

No, they want to be PAID like men, but do the work of women. Isn't that how it goes? :D

KCrockaholic
04-27-2011, 04:21 PM
This whole thing never happens if the original woman in grey complies with the cop instead of resisting.

Yep. That simple. I don't understand why people always feel the need to resist the police. Guess what? In this situation if the woman actually feels that she is being treated inappropriately by the police, all she has to do is comply at that time, and later take care of it in front of a judge. But she wanted to be a dumbass instead.

OnTheWarpath58
04-27-2011, 04:23 PM
http://www.myfoxorlando.com/dpps/news/offbeat/youtube-video-ihop-brawl-20110426-es_12936514

Justin Gray

Justin
Gray

By MYFOXATLANTA STAFF/myfoxatlanta

ATLANTA, Ga. - Atlanta police are facing serious questions after a viral video of a brawl inside a Buckhead restaurant hit YouTube. Witnesses say you can see a woman hit a police officer, and an officer hit that same woman.

FOX 5 showed the video to Atlanta Police on Tuesday night. They say their internal affairs office is now investigation to see if the officers involved were out of line.

Cell phone video posted on YouTube shows the confrontation between Atlanta police officers and two women inside a Buckhead IHOP . Witnesses say one of the women hit one of the officers, who then hit her back.

“It was like the royal rumble in there,” said Eugene Brown, who witnessed it. “It was Wrestlemania basically in there-- arms flying, screaming, shouting.”

Brown said he was at the IHOP early Saturday morning, coming straight from the Atlanta Hawks playoff game. His cousin shot video of the brawl.

Brown says even before police arrived, the women had been screaming, yelling and refusing to leave for several minutes.

“She was causing a scene,” Brown said. “It's the officer's job to get her and her troublemaking friend out of the restaurant.”

In a statement, Atlanta police said, "The Atlanta Police Department is aware of the incident that took place early Sunday morning involving one of its officers attempting to arrest a patron at an IHOP in Buckhead. The matter has been referred to our Office of Professional Standards to determine whether department policies and procedures were followed. Further comment at this time would not be appropriate."

Atlanta police say they are investigation. A spokesperson for IHOP says the safety of their customers and staff is their number one priority, and they are cooperating with police in the ongoing investigation.

Read more: http://www.myfoxorlando.com/dpps/news/offbeat/youtube-video-ihop-brawl-20110426-es_12936514#ixzz1KlU5aeWk

blaise
04-27-2011, 04:25 PM
No way that was Atlanta. Waaay too many white people. And the Mexicans didn't even look that Mexican. WTFBP? Where's the ****ing black people dammit?

It's in the Buckhead area, which is like Georgetown. A bunch of bars and restaurants, college students and drunks.

Donger
It's in the Buckhead area, which is like Georgetown. A bunch of bars and restaurants, college students and drunks.

And Boba Fett.

KCrockaholic

Oh I believe it. I was just messin.

OnTheWarpath58
04-27-2011, 04:26 PM
Yep. That simple. I don't understand why people always feel the need to resist the police. Guess what? In this situation if the woman actually feels that she is being treated inappropriately by the police, all she has to do is comply at that time, and later take care of it in front of a judge. But she wanted to be a dumbass instead.

Exactly.

If I'm eating a meal, minding my own business and a cop tells me to come with him, I'm going to, and let my lawyer deal with it.

I'm not making the matter worse by pulling the "I didn't do anything" card and resisting.

Just Passin' By
04-27-2011, 04:28 PM

While true, this does not excuse the officer's subsequent actions. He should not have responded as he did to the 3rd woman. Excessive force is police brutality. Unfortunately, the likely outcome is that the PD will form ranks and the cop will be cleared. That's the S.O.P..

Donger
04-27-2011, 04:29 PM
While true, this does not excuse the officer's subsequent actions. He should not have responded as he did to the 3rd woman. Excessive force is police brutality. Unfortunately, the likely outcome is that the PD will form ranks and the cop will be cleared. That's the S.O.P..

What in the world is it excessive when responding in kind?

Count Zarth
04-27-2011, 04:30 PM
I don't see how he used excessive force. He slapped her to get her to back off, and she responded by wailing on him like he was a baby killer. Then he delivered a punch to get her to stop that shit. Then he and the other officer physically restrained her in order to cuff her.

A slap and a punch, which were both responses to HER violent actions, counts as excessive force? Not in my opinion.

Excessive force = beating the shit out of someone and throwing multiple punches

KCrockaholic
04-27-2011, 04:30 PM

No personal offense, but you really need to learn more about law enforcement.

Jaric
04-27-2011, 04:31 PM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_mnHWqYFneAU/SwnT6Ur7XYI/AAAAAAAAAZw/dx0BEcA6WFI/s1600/slap-bitch-demotivational-poster.jpg

Fritz88
04-27-2011, 04:32 PM
After watching it again, my realization is affirmed, women are fucking crazy and emotional. How in their right mind would hit a cop?

Answer:
A woman.

Jaric
04-27-2011, 04:33 PM
No but seriously, she hit a cop in the face, she's lucky he didn't tase her. I don't see what the issue is.

Those of you taking issue with this, go find a police officer in the process of arresting someone and slap him or her in the face. Then report back to us what happens.

Just Passin' By
04-27-2011, 04:35 PM
No personal offense, but you really need to learn more about law enforcement.

None taken and, given that I've got family/friends in both the civilian and military police, I figure I'm fine with the amount of knowledge that I have. There was no need for the escalation of force there. Hell, to begin with, the officer should have removed the woman in the middle before going after the one he did. The cop was incompetent from the start.

Just Passin' By
04-27-2011, 04:37 PM
What in the world is it excessive when responding in kind?

He was not responding in kind.

KCrockaholic
04-27-2011, 04:37 PM
None taken and, given that I've got family/friends in both the civilian and military police, I figure I'm fine with the amount of knowledge that I have. There was no need for the escalation of force there. Hell, to begin with, the officer should have removed the woman in the middle before going after the one he did. The cop was incompetent from the start.

IYO, what should he have done in this situation based on what we know?

Just Passin' By
04-27-2011, 04:40 PM
IYO, what should he have done in this situation based on what we know?

Cleared the middle woman from the table first, or at least wait for the other officer to be in position. There were multiple people in the booth, and the cop let himself get into a 1-on-3 situation instead of getting another officer in there right away. There were enough officers there to properly control the situation. The officer acted incompetently. Hauling off on the 3rd woman was not his only screw up.

Also, those going with the "hands on the cop" nonsense should take note that there were two women with hands on the cop. Apparently, the cop should have also beat the shit out of the one touching his back.

Donger
He was not responding in kind.

Sure he was. He punched her in the face after she smacked him in the face.

Fritz88
she's lucky he didn't tase her.

say what?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bVa6jn4rpE&t=116

Just Passin' By
04-27-2011, 04:45 PM
Sure he was. He punched her in the face after she smacked him in the face.

Watch the video again. You've got it wrong.

KCrockaholic
04-27-2011, 04:46 PM
[QUOTE]Cleared the middle woman from the table first. There were enough officers there to properly control the situation. The officer acted incompetently. Hauling off on the 3rd woman was not his only screw up.

The problem with this is that the middle woman was clinging to her friend and attempting to hold the woman back that the police were after in the first place. The woman in the middle was not just going to get up and out of the way. That would have taken physical force, and they were already attempting to remove the first woman with physical force. It sounds good in theory, but it doesn't always work that way.

Donger
04-27-2011, 04:46 PM
Watch the video again. You've got it wrong.

I have watched it. He pushes (maybe a slap) her face to get her away AFTER she clearly has her hands on his person. She then goes nutso and hits him repeatedly. He then punches her.

Just Passin' By
04-27-2011, 04:49 PM
[QUOTE=Just Passin' By;7596552]

The problem with this is that the middle woman was clinging to her friend and attempting to hold the woman back that the police were after in the first place. The woman in the middle was not just going to get up and out of the way. That would have taken physical force, and they were already attempting to remove the first woman with physical force. It sounds good in theory, but it doesn't always work that way.

I tried to clarify my post, but I must have done a poor job.

There were 3 women. By "middle", I meant the one between the camera people and the one engaged by the cop.

This was a booth. the cop was pulling on the black woman who was on the outside of the booth, on the side farthest from the camera in the second video. In the process, he was putting the second woman on that side in position to get crushed and banged. That's not the one I'm talking about, though. I'm talking about the one he ended up slugging. She should either have been removed earlier, or the cop should have waited until another officer was in position.

KCrockaholic
04-27-2011, 04:49 PM
I have watched it. He pushes (maybe a slap) her face to get her away AFTER she clearly has her hands on his person. She then goes nutso and hits him repeatedly. He then punches her.

She had her hands on his collar. And she was shoving his arm to try to get him to let go of the main woman. Well that's called assault on a police officer, and the bitch had it comin.

Just Passin' By
04-27-2011, 04:51 PM

Hands on his person is not the same as your initial claim. You claimed that she smacked him in the face first, and that he was just responding in kind. That's not true.

BigMeatballDave
04-27-2011, 04:52 PM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_mnHWqYFneAU/SwnT6Ur7XYI/AAAAAAAAAZw/dx0BEcA6WFI/s1600/slap-bitch-demotivational-poster.jpgROFL

Donger
04-27-2011, 04:54 PM
Hands on his person is not the same as your initial claim. You claimed that she smacked him in the face first, and that he was just responding in kind. That's not true.

I was referring to what transpired after he pushed her away. which part are you taking issue with? Him pushing her away or him punching her in the face? Both?

And, aren't cops allowed to use force at higher levels than those they are trying to subdue/arrest? I would think so.

KCrockaholic
04-27-2011, 04:54 PM

There were 3 women. By "middle", I meant the one between the camera people and the one engaged by the cop.

This was a booth. the cop was pulling on the black woman who was on the outside of the booth, on the side farthest from the camera in the second video. In the process, he was putting the second woman on that side in position to get crushed and banged. That's not the one I'm talking about, though. I'm talking about the one he ended up slugging. She should either have been removed earlier, or the cop should have waited until another officer was in position.

Ok. Now I see what you are saying. It could have been handled in that manner, or at least attempted.....Its another one of those videos that we need to see more of the beginning to fully understand what was going on....And at the same time, the one that got punched wasn't even meant to be involved, and the police weren't there to have an altercation with her, it was with 1 woman apparently. If she minds her own business like a normal person, she never gets punched.

BigMeatballDave
04-27-2011, 04:56 PM
[QUOTE=KCrockaholic;7596568]

This was a booth. the cop was pulling on the black woman who was on the outside of the booth, on the side farthest from the camera in the second video. In the process, he was putting the second woman on that side in position to get crushed and banged. That's not the one I'm talking about, though. I'm talking about the one he ended up slugging. She should either have been removed earlier, or the cop should have waited until another officer was in position.Exactly. This is the point I was trying to make. They handled the situation poorly.

Just Passin' By
04-27-2011, 04:57 PM
Ok. Now I see what you are saying. It could have been handled in that manner, or at least attempted.....Its another one of those videos that we need to see more of the beginning to fully understand what was going on....And at the same time, the one that got punched wasn't even meant to be involved, and the police weren't there to have an altercation with her, it was with 1 woman apparently. If she minds her own business like a normal person, she never gets punched.

Normal people don't mind their own business, and there was no excuse for the slap/punch.

Donger
04-27-2011, 04:57 PM
Normal people don't mind their own business

Yes, they do.

KCrockaholic
04-27-2011, 04:59 PM
Normal people don't mind their own business, and there was no excuse for the slap/punch.

What would you expect to happen if you were tugging on an officers collar while he was attempting to arrest a citizen?

-King-
04-27-2011, 05:00 PM
I think I'm going to become a policeman now. They're clearly untouchable.

Lady in the grey was getting pushed against the wall even though she wasn't resisting or fighting back. All she was saying was that she wasn't doing anything.

Lady in the black tank top tried to push the cop away because the cop was pushing the lady in the grey.

You can clearly see the cop pulling on the lady's hair. Thats when the blank tank top lady starts to push the cop away. Heres a gif of the cop pulling on her hair http://www.gifsoup.com/view6/2409099/tootsie-roll-o.gif

Cop smacks lady

She reacts how any reasonable person would react when they've been hit. She fights back.

Cop arrests lady.

If you saw your friend being pulled by her hair by a cop and didn't react...then WTF kind of friend are you?

Just Passin' By
04-27-2011, 05:00 PM
Yes, they do.

If you think this, you've must never have left your house and you must never looked at Youtube.

Donger
04-27-2011, 05:04 PM
If you think this, you've must never have left your house and you must never looked at Youtube.

Abnormal people end up on fights on YouTube.

KCrockaholic
04-27-2011, 05:04 PM

Lady in the grey was getting pushed against the wall even though she wasn't resisting or fighting back. All she was saying was that she wasn't doing anything.

Lady in the black tank top tried to push the cop away because the cop was pushing the lady in the grey.

You can clearly see the cop pulling on the lady's hair. Thats when the blank tank top lady starts to push the cop away. Heres a gif of the cop pulling on her hair http://www.gifsoup.com/view7/2409063/poopypants-o.gif

Cop smacks lady

She reacts how any reasonable person would react when they've been hit. She fights back.

Cop arrests lady.

If you saw your friend being pulled by her hair by a cop and didn't react...then WTF kind of friend are you?

lol he wasn't even pulling her hair. He was pulling on the collar of her jacket. JFC.

Watch the first video, and you can see his hands, are on her jacket, not the hair.

And besides that, it's a moot point of what he was pulling on. SHE WAS RESISTING a police officer. Why is that so hard to comprehend.

OnTheWarpath58
04-27-2011, 05:05 PM

Lady in the grey was getting pushed against the wall even though she wasn't resisting or fighting back.

:spock:

She was resisting the second she failed to leave the booth and comply with the officer.

Just Passin' By
04-27-2011, 05:05 PM
Abnormal people end up on fights on YouTube.

Normal people don't mind their own business. Those days are long gone in this country.

Donger
04-27-2011, 05:06 PM

You can clearly see the cop pulling on the lady's hair. Thats when the blank tank top lady starts to push the cop away. Heres a gif of the cop pulling on her hair http://www.gifsoup.com/view6/2409099/tootsie-roll-o.gif

Cop smacks lady

Cop arrests lady.

You don't think that she's resisting arrest here?

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/9shJZCnPr9s" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

-King-
04-27-2011, 05:06 PM
lol he wasn't even pulling her hair. He was pulling on the collar of her jacket. JFC.

Watch the first video, and you can see his hands, are on her jacket, not the hair.

And besides that, it's a moot point of what he was pulling on. SHE WAS RESISTING a police officer. Why is that so hard to comprehend.

You can see his hands on her head http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9shJZCnPr9s&feature=related

And how exactly was she resisting? By claiming that she didn't do anything? I mean, when you don't do something...and a cop wants to arrest you, you'll just go and do what he says no matter what?

Donger
04-27-2011, 05:07 PM
and a cop wants to arrest you, you'll just go and do what he says no matter what?

Errr, yeah.

OnTheWarpath58
04-27-2011, 05:08 PM
You can see his hands on her head http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9shJZCnPr9s&feature=related

And how exactly was she resisting? By claiming that she didn't do anything? I mean, when you don't do something...and a cop wants to arrest you, you'll just go and do what he says no matter what?

Uh, yeah.

Otherwise, you're resisting.

As I said earlier, if a cop wants to arrest me, fine. I'll comply, and let my lawyer handle it.

Last thing I'm going to do is argue and potentially escalate the issue.

That line of thinking has gotten me through 38 years without any scrapes with the law. Shocking, I know.

KCrockaholic
04-27-2011, 05:09 PM

JFC

You are unreal. The only nice way I can put it.

KCrockaholic
04-27-2011, 05:10 PM
Uh, yeah.

As I said earlier, if a cop wants to arrest me, fine. I'll comply, and let my lawyer handle it.

That line of thinking has gotten me through 38 years without any scrapes with the law. Shocking, I know.

But apparently you should just resist if you didn't do anything wrong.

Donger
04-27-2011, 05:11 PM

A lot of drunk people claim that they aren't doing something, when they really are. You think that this cop just randomly selected the woman in grey to arrest for no reason?

OnTheWarpath58
04-27-2011, 05:11 PM
But apparently you should just resist if you didn't do anything wrong.

LMAO

I didn't do anything wrong, but I'm going to resist arrest, which is, wait for it...

Wrong.

-King-
04-27-2011, 05:12 PM
Uh, yeah.

I will retract my view if it was deemed that the arrest was lawful, but as for now, she did nothing wrong.

http://www.constitution.org/uslaw/defunlaw.htm

OnTheWarpath58
04-27-2011, 05:13 PM
A lot of drunk people claim that they aren't doing something, when they really are. You think that this cop just randomly selected the woman in grey to arrest for no reason?

According to the article I posted earlier, a witness said the women at the table were creating a disturbance and refused to leave.

Brown says even before police arrived, the women had been screaming, yelling and refusing to leave for several minutes.

-King-
04-27-2011, 05:14 PM

We don't know the backstory. You don't know that she did nothing wrong, and I don't know if she did anything wrong.

Baconeater
04-27-2011, 05:16 PM
Haha...dumb fucking broad.

kstater
04-27-2011, 05:17 PM
I will retract my view if it was deemed that the arrest was lawful, but as for now, she did nothing wrong.

The trespassing charge would infer that the cops were called to remove her from the business.

OnTheWarpath58
04-27-2011, 05:19 PM
The trespassing charge would infer that the cops were called to remove her from the business.

But, she wasn't doing anything wrong.

Simplex3
04-27-2011, 05:19 PM

Cop smacks lady

Cop arrests lady.

Worst situational analysis ever. And you even have the benefit of video from two different angles.

-King-
04-27-2011, 05:21 PM
Worst situational analysis ever. And you even have the benefit of video from two different angles.

So she wasn't getting her head pulled on?

If she was indeed trespassing, then it was a lawful arrest, but if not, then it was an unlawful arrest which gives her the right to resist.

OnTheWarpath58

LMAO

Donger
We don't know the backstory. You don't know that she did nothing wrong, and I don't know if she did anything wrong.

So you do think the cop randomly came to the IHOP and selected her for random harassment?

Baconeater
04-27-2011, 05:22 PM

If she was indeed trespassing, then it was a lawful arrest, but if not, then it was an unlawful arrest which gives her the right to resist.
ROFL Wow, you're a fucking moron.

-King-
ROFL Wow, you're a fucking moron.

How?

Simplex3

No, it was her arm. Because the cop was trying to extract her from the booth. Because the owner of the establishment wanted them gone.

And no, you never have the RIGHT to resist arrest.

-King-
04-27-2011, 05:24 PM
So you do think the cop randomly came to the IHOP and selected her for random harassment?

I'm just going off what I've seen in the video and whats in the articles. What started the melee is unclear. Freeman said she and her friends were seated at the first table near the front door of the IHOP. She was speaking to her friends about two nearby restaurant patrons who were dressed like characters -- Boba Fett and a Storm Trooper -- from the Star Wars films before the off-duty APD officer approached.

Beyond that, both of us are just guessing what actually happened.

OnTheWarpath58
04-27-2011, 05:24 PM

Jesus fuck.

She was charged with trespassing, and witnesses claim they were causing a disturbance and asked to leave before the cops were called, and didn't.

"If she was indeed trespassing?"

You make the Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer look like Robert fucking Shapiro.

-King-
04-27-2011, 05:25 PM
No, it was her arm. Because the cop was trying to extract her from the booth. Because the owner of the establishment wanted them gone.

No his hands are clearly on her head.

-King-
04-27-2011, 05:26 PM
Jesus fuck.

She was charged with trespassing, and witnesses claim they were causing a disturbance and asked to leave before the cops were called, and didn't.

"If she was indeed trespassing?"

You make the Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer look like Robert fucking Shapiro.

Word.

Donger
I'm just going off what I've seen in the video and whats in the articles.

A drunk person claiming that they did nothing wrong? I'm stunned.

If you think that the cop just randomly showed up and selected her for arresting, that's fine.

munkey
don't dish it out if you can't take it...simple as that really.

Baconeater
04-27-2011, 05:27 PM
How?
I suppose you were born that way. The next time you see your mom, you need to punch her in the face.

Simplex3
04-27-2011, 05:28 PM
I'm just going off what I've seen in the video and whats in the articles.

There's enough information just in this thread and the two videos to prove your analysis wrong.

1. The friend that is getting smashed against the wall is getting smashed because the fool on the outside is trying to not be extracted from the booth by a cop, in uniform.

2. The dumbass in the black dress injects herself into the situation for no reason, then puts her hands on a cop.

3. He pushes her away to focus his attention on the woman he's trying to extract, who is has by the arm. The woman he pushes goes ape shit, so he hits her once then changes his focus to her because she's now an immediate threat.

There's not a lot of guessing to be done.

Simplex3
04-27-2011, 05:30 PM
No his hands are clearly on her head.

I say you go and try that and see how it works for you. Hopefully they'll let you on the 'net from death row to post the results.

-King-
04-27-2011, 05:31 PM
Wait...so the cop was off duty?

ATLANTA — Atlanta police say they've placed an officer on administrative duty after a video surfaced that shows a confrontation inside a restaurant.

Police spokesman Carlos Campos says the department's Office of Professional Standards is investigating to determine whether the officer acted within guidelines. Campos declined to identify the officer, but said he was off-duty and working an extra job at the restaurant.

WSB-TV first reported the video, which it says was shot inside the restaurant in the early morning of Easter Sunday.

The video shows a man involved in a confrontation with a group of people at a table.

Cynthia Freeman told the Atlanta Journal-Constitution that she and her friends were seated at a table when a man approached her and "just attacked me."http://www.therepublic.com/view/story/3fcd322586af416695585bafc49803ea/GA--Officer-Video/

Just Passin' By
04-27-2011, 05:31 PM

You're incorrect here.

-King-
04-27-2011, 05:33 PM
I say you go and try that and see how it works for you. Hopefully they'll let you on the 'net from death row to post the results.

It should work out in my favor since it is...you know...the law.

OnTheWarpath58
04-27-2011, 05:38 PM
It should work out in my favor since it is...you know...the law.

Why are you clinging to this unlawful arrest bullshit?

It's been established she was asked to leave, and didn't.

That's trespassing.

Simplex3
04-27-2011, 05:39 PM

That's trespassing.

Yeah, but those facts totally disprove his argument and are therefor inconvenient and to be ignored.

-King-
04-27-2011, 05:47 PM

That's trespassing.

Oh, in that post, I wasn't speaking about this incident. He asked me to try it. I was just saying that if I did feel that I did nothing wrong, then I would resist.

Chiefs Pantalones
04-27-2011, 05:51 PM
Why are all of these in black places?

-King-
04-27-2011, 06:08 PM

Nice :doh!:

blaise
04-27-2011, 06:20 PM

I don't know, why do cops only do this stuff to black people?

Bwana
04-27-2011, 06:44 PM
How?

To much time in the birth canal, without oxygen? :shrug:

rockymtnchief
04-27-2011, 06:51 PM
Lesson learned: Grab an officer, expect to get slapped. Throw 3 punches at him, expect to get punched back.

Bwana
04-27-2011, 06:57 PM
Lesson learned: Grab an officer, expect to get slapped. Throw 3 punches at him, expect to get punched back.

Heh, I have never been in a street fight with a cop, but they walked into my self defense class all the time. Most of them were good guys, but I would run into the one about once every two weeks, that thought he was a bad ass and would want to go full contact. Most of those guys never showed up again.

Ericgoodchief
04-27-2011, 07:09 PM

We should allow drunks to punch cops. That's what she wanted to do.

If there was a magical device that could stun people then i guess we might be using it instead but until then i say let the cops win.

rockymtnchief
04-27-2011, 07:11 PM
Heh, I have never been in a street fight with a cop, but they walked into my self defense class all the time. Most of them were good guys, but I would run into the one about once every two weeks, that thought he was a bad ass and would want to go full contact. Most of those guys never showed up again.

Ummmm...has anyone ever told you that you're kind of a BIG sumbitch? I wouldn't show up again either! ROFL

Just Passin' By
04-27-2011, 07:12 PM

We should allow drunks to punch cops. That's what she wanted to do.

If there was a magical device that could stun people then i guess we might be using it instead but until then i say let the cops win.

Maybe, in your fantasy world, that's exactly how it happened. In reality, she didn't punch him until after he'd hit her.

Bwana
04-27-2011, 07:13 PM
Ummmm...has anyone ever told you that you're kind of a BIG sumbitch? I wouldn't show up again either! ROFL

Meh, I've mellowed out. :)

crazycoffey
04-27-2011, 07:13 PM

ROFL

thats funny. love the meatheads, usually rooks.
I know I don't have to be the baddest motherfucker on the street, thats why I carry guns, tazer, pepper spray, knives, radio....

rockymtnchief
04-27-2011, 07:17 PM
Meh, I've mellowed out. :)

Big "mellow" punches still hurt worse than "drunk haymakers". I'll take my chances with the drunk dipshits. :thumb:

Bwana
04-27-2011, 07:19 PM
Big "mellow" punches still hurt worse than "drunk haymakers". I'll take my chances with the drunk dipshits. :thumb:

Well, you may have that chance, considering your soon to be location. Three bars, huh? :hmmm:

rockymtnchief
04-27-2011, 07:20 PM
ROFL

thats funny. love the meatheads, usually rooks.
I know I don't have to be the baddest motherfucker on the street, thats why I carry guns, tazer, pepper spray, knives, radio....

:thumb:

So...it's not cool to "Rodney King" someone anymore?:evil:

rockymtnchief
04-27-2011, 07:22 PM
Well, you may have that chance, considering your soon to be location. Three bars, huh? :hmmm:

Yeah...I'm not looking forward to going out solo surrounded by drunk miners. I'll need to find the crowd with lids to befriend.

Bwana
04-27-2011, 07:26 PM
Yeah...I'm not looking forward to going out solo surrounded by drunk miners. I'll need to find the crowd with lids to befriend.

I deal with the Stillwater boys all the time. For the most part, they're really good guys. Just get a tune on that ATV of yours because old Bwana will be up your way. On a side note, the Boulder also has some sweet fishing. There's some hawg's in that river.

CHENZ A!
04-27-2011, 07:28 PM
I've been in that situation before, and while I would never dream of putting my hands on a woman.. If I were in that situation again, I would punch that bitch right in the fucking face as many times as it took to get her under control.

I think a lot of times, police go overboard, and instead of trying to defuse a situation they only add fuel to the fire by being assholes. I'm not sure if that was the case or not, but the woman threw a punch at him after he tried to grab her. She deserved what she got.

ClevelandBronco
04-27-2011, 07:29 PM
Shoot her in her interfering face.

rockymtnchief
04-27-2011, 07:35 PM
I deal with the Stillwater boys all the time. For the most part, they're really good guys. Just get a tune on that ATV of yours because old Bwana will be up your way. On a side note, the Boulder also has some sweet fishing. There's some hawg's in that river.

I have a couple buddies that work the mine, but they all hang in Blgs.

May have to get another ATV. Mine started knocking and smoking. I'm waiting to see what the mechanic says.

-King-
04-27-2011, 07:35 PM
I've been in that situation before, and while I would never dream of putting my hands on a woman.. If I were in that situation again, I would punch that bitch right in the fucking face as many times as it took to get her under control.

I think a lot of times, police go overboard, and instead of trying to defuse a situation they only add fuel to the fire by being assholes. I'm not sure if that was the case or not, but the woman threw a punch at him after he tried to grab her. She deserved what she got.

She threw the punch after she got hit first.
Posted via Mobile Device

Bwana
04-27-2011, 07:38 PM
May have to get another ATV. Mine started knocking and smoking. I'm waiting to see what the mechanic says.

What the hell did you do to it, Hot Rod? :eek:

CHENZ A!
04-27-2011, 07:40 PM
She threw the punch after she got hit first.
Posted via Mobile Device

It looked pretty obvious to me that he was trying to grab her.

rockymtnchief
04-27-2011, 07:44 PM
What the hell did you do to it, Hot Rod? :eek:

I wish I knew. I never have babied it and it's been good to me.

Just Passin' By
04-27-2011, 07:45 PM
It looked pretty obvious to me that he was trying to grab her.

He wasn't trying to grab her.

Bwana
04-27-2011, 07:47 PM
I wish I knew. I never have babied it and it's been good to me.

I figured you might have been pulling one of these. :)

http://nomaltbytrack.org/atv_wheels_off.jpg

CHENZ A!
04-27-2011, 07:50 PM

He wasn't trying to grab her.

Well regardless of how you interpret the intent of his grasp/punch. She had her hand on him(grabbing up around the neck) prior to that happening.

In my opinion, in potentially high stress or violent situations like that, physical contact is the line that just can't be crossed.

I know most won't agree with me, but it's also why I don't blame Ron Artest, or Legarette Blount for reacting the way they did.

Just Passin' By
04-27-2011, 08:00 PM
Well regardless of how you interpret the intent of his grasp/punch. She had her hand on him(grabbing up around the neck) prior to that happening.

He went to slap her, and he succeeded. It's the same from both videos.

In my opinion, in potentially high stress or violent situations like that, physical contact is the line that just can't be crossed.

I know most won't agree with me, but it's also why I don't blame Ron Artest, or Legarette Blount for reacting the way they did.

Bullshit. In fact, if that wasn't a cop, almost everyone on this board would be calling that guy a pussy for doing that to a woman.

Saul Good
04-27-2011, 08:13 PM
Wait...so the cop was off duty?

http://www.therepublic.com/view/story/3fcd322586af416695585bafc49803ea/GA--Officer-Video/

This actually hurts your position pretty irreparably. If the police officer was working at the restaurant at the time, then he was acting on behalf of the restaurant. As such, the moment he asked her to leave and she refused, she was trespassing.

I'm the first person to go crazy against an abuse of power, but the officers were in the right here. I don't even see how this is an issue.

Saul Good
04-27-2011, 08:16 PM
Bullshit. In fact, if that wasn't a cop, almost everyone on this board would be calling that guy a pussy for doing that to a woman.

If he weren't a cop, he'd be an asshole for trying to arrest someone. WTF are you talking about? His being a cop is a pretty important piece of the story.

CHENZ A!
04-27-2011, 08:21 PM

:spock: Are we watching the same videos? I've watched it probably 5 times now, and it didn't even look like he made contact... Even though it's irrelevant, because she put her hands on him first in an aggressive manor.

Well yeah, why the fuck would a civilian be trying to detain her friend? This argument asinine.

T-post Tom
04-27-2011, 11:12 PM
That was not "excessive force" on the cop's part. She's fortunate that she didn't receive a much more forceful response to her foolish actions. It'd be a crime if that cop gets any action taken against him. And I certainly hope that her and any other litigants lose their case and have to pay the Police Department's legal bill if this goes to trial. Crazy. That said, the whole dress and handcuffs visual was kind of hot. Angry sex with that fiery little habanero might worth a few bruises. Throw in some maple syrup and a Stormtrooper uniform and you've got yourself a party. Yum.

Simplex3
04-27-2011, 11:16 PM

The same bunch of guys on the same board who wouldn't have interfered in the McDonald's beat down because you don't know what kind of weapon those chicks were packing. Except the cop doesn't have a choice, they have to get involved.

Just Passin' By
04-27-2011, 11:18 PM
If he weren't a cop, he'd be an asshole for trying to arrest someone. WTF are you talking about? His being a cop is a pretty important piece of the story.

Read the post I was responding to again. He wasn't just talking about cops. He was generalizing

Physical contact is the line that just can't be crossed? So if he's in a high stress situation facing off with some guy, and his girl, or some other third party, puts a gentle restraining hand on his shoulder and tells him to just walk away, they deserve any ass kicking he gives them?

His argument was idiotic.

LiL stumppy
04-28-2011, 01:56 AM

You.

Don't.

Put.

Your.

Hands.

On.

A.

Cop.

Period.

stfu dude. no, you dont put your hands on a cop, but a cop shouldnt be allowed to hit a girl in the face, regardless, there was another cop standing right there that should have restrained the girl, if when she started hitting him, shouldnt have been hit in the face.

its annoying to see all these cops doing this just because they can

Fish
04-28-2011, 06:31 AM
So if he's in a high stress situation facing off with some guy, and his girl, or some other third party, puts a gentle restraining hand on his shoulder and tells him to just walk away, they deserve any ass kicking he gives them?

His argument was idiotic.

ROFL

A gentle restraining hand on his shoulder? Tells the cop to just walk away? That's what you saw in the videos?

GTFO......

To say that was a "Gentle restraining hand" shows your bias rather well...

Saulbadguy
04-28-2011, 06:54 AM
That's not brutality.

BIG_DADDY
04-28-2011, 07:15 AM
It took everything that big fat POS had even with his friends assitance to detain that little girl for touching him, haymaker and all. She isn't even hurt. Probably told him to bite her on the way to the station. ROFL

tooge
04-28-2011, 07:28 AM
fat assed men shouldn't square up and punch small women in the face. Period. If that cop cant protect his face, and remove her from the area without a punch to the face, then he is too big a pussy to be a cop. It took two of those idiots to even get her to the ground. what a joke. They looked like they were trained to take someone down at Gymboree, or by Greg Wesley. That guy should be moping floors at IHOP, not patrolling it. Oh, and leave the self defense and interfering with an arrest crap at home. Cops are supposed to be able to handle a little lady trying to bitch slap them with ease. If this had been a 200 lb guy they were trying to arrest, both those cops would have gotten their asses kicked. Lame.

tooge
04-28-2011, 07:30 AM
It was nice to get to see her ass though

POND_OF_RED
04-28-2011, 07:33 AM
Typical cop bullshit. You can tell by the look he gives the cameraman at the end of the video that he doesn't really like people. One of many cops that should be shot and killed to make the streets a better place.

burt
04-28-2011, 07:36 AM
fat assed men shouldn't square up and punch small women in the face. Lame.

I won't

Lono
04-28-2011, 07:57 AM
I think all of you dissing the cops should go do their job for a week. There is nothing wrong with how they handled it. You guys saying its not ok to punch her. When is it ok? when she has a bat? a knife? a gun? This is today's society thinking. There is no respect for authority.

tooge
04-28-2011, 08:16 AM
what the first fat cop should have done is use his weight, grab that idiotic lady, pull her ass out of the booth, throw her down, and handcuff her. He shouldn't have been playing handsy with her, and he certainly shouldn't have slapped at the gal that was simply putting her arm on him and pleading with him. His support fat assed buddy should have dealt with her. I'm not defending the girl, either of them. They are idiots and would be better to not ever reproduce. However, the cops handled this like 12 year olds

Iowanian
04-28-2011, 08:19 AM
Typical cop bullshit. You can tell by the look he gives the cameraman at the end of the video that he doesn't really like people. One of many cops that should be shot and killed to make the streets a better place.

You're a piece of shit.

Simplex3
04-28-2011, 08:32 AM
It took two of those idiots to even get her to the ground without breaking her arm.

FYP

They could have neutralized her more quickly and easily by injuring her. They didn't, and I'm going to assume because they didn't feel the need to escalate it to that point.

loochy
04-28-2011, 09:44 AM
Don't start what you can't finish.

Chiefnj2
04-28-2011, 09:49 AM
Girl can take a punch.

Inspector
04-28-2011, 10:13 AM
That girl was pretty tough. She can take a beat down better than Dexter McCluster.

Bring her in for a look?

Just Passin' By
04-28-2011, 10:34 AM
ROFL

A gentle restraining hand on his shoulder? Tells the cop to just walk away? That's what you saw in the videos?

GTFO......

To say that was a "Gentle restraining hand" shows your bias rather well...

You're not paying attention. I wasn't saying that happened. I was responding to his post and pointing out what his argument results in.

Simply Red
04-28-2011, 11:02 AM
I'd love to know WHICH location. LMAO

OnTheWarpath58
04-28-2011, 11:02 AM
I'd love to know WHICH location. LMAO

Is there more than one IHOP in Buckhead?

Simply Red
04-28-2011, 11:04 AM
That was not "excessive force" on the cop's part. She's fortunate that she didn't receive a much more forceful response to her foolish actions. It'd be a crime if that cop gets any action taken against him. And I certainly hope that her and any other litigants lose their case and have to pay the Police Department's legal bill if this goes to trial. Crazy. That said, the whole dress and handcuffs visual was kind of hot. Angry sex with that fiery little habanero might worth a few bruises. Throw in some maple syrup and a Stormtrooper uniform and you've got yourself a party. Yum.

Tom that girl was probably from the FL/AL border - you could throw her in a Willy Wonka chocolate pond and I'd decline.

Graystoke
04-28-2011, 11:05 AM
Kids eat free at IHOP?
Wow..who knew?

Simply Red
04-28-2011, 11:06 AM

TMK - no. Only the one on P'tree. That chick was probably wasted.

Simply Red
04-28-2011, 11:16 AM

Yeah, little does FMB! know, that's where we're going tonight.

petegz28
04-28-2011, 12:11 PM
While I think the punch was less of a manly thing to do, you don't fuck with a cop when he is arresting someone. I think he should have just grabed and restraind her but...she asked for what she got.

petegz28
04-28-2011, 12:13 PM
stfu dude. no, you dont put your hands on a cop, but a cop shouldnt be allowed to hit a girl in the face, regardless, there was another cop standing right there that should have restrained the girl, if when she started hitting him, shouldnt have been hit in the face.

its annoying to see all these cops doing this just because they can

Don't assault a cop, don't get punched in the face. Pretty simple math.

Simply Red
04-28-2011, 12:13 PM
While I think the punch was less of a manly thing to do, you don't **** with a cop when he is arresting someone. I think he should have just grabed and restraind her but...she asked for what she got.

i think he should have killed her with an ice-pick.

KCUnited
04-28-2011, 12:23 PM
I never understood the Arsenio Hall fist pump technique chicks use to fight with.

Easy 6
04-28-2011, 01:05 PM
She got exactly what was coming to her, fight with a cop... expect the worst.

She was a tough lil bitch tho, gotta give her credit.