PDA

View Full Version : Other Sports You get to change one game in sports history....

Pasta Giant Meatball
04-27-2011, 07:02 PM
What would it be and why?

Rams Fan
04-27-2011, 07:03 PM
LMAO

Shit, I should have let you post it. We posted it at the same time. My bad.

Rain Man
04-27-2011, 07:10 PM
Not sure which thread to answer it in, but great question.

I would probably go with (in order):

Super Bowl I - Chiefs beat Packers. Another win in Super Bowl IV would cement them as a dynasty.

1993 AFC Championship - Chiefs beat Bills. This should be #3, but I would selfishly want to see us in the Super Bowl as an adult.

Christmas 1971 - Chiefs beat Dolphins. We'd still have to win a few games or this would flip with the Super Bowl I game, but it would have had the same result as Super Bowl I.

1997 AFC Playoffs - Chiefs beat Broncos. (We did, by the way.) Vanquish the cheaters and win another game or so, and we play the Falcons in the Super Bowl. The Falcons. Talk about a gift.

1995 AFC Playoffs - Chiefs beat Colts. Not sure how far we would have gone, but the main goal of this wish is more to eliminate the most painful loss I've ever experienced as a Chiefs fan.

Detoxing
04-27-2011, 07:11 PM
Whoa.

I'm in the Twilight Zone or something

Pasta Giant Meatball
04-27-2011, 07:12 PM
Whoa.

I'm in the Twilight Zone or something

Heh. I brought the idea up to Rams Fan in the hockey thread. Rams Fan and I both proceded to fire one up (thread) at the same time. This one needs to be killed with fire.

KurtCobain
04-27-2011, 07:19 PM
get your asses to the chatroom we havin a block party

Amnorix
04-27-2011, 07:22 PM
Let me think.....ummm.....yeah, Pats go undefeated and get labeled by some the greatest team in NFL history.

KurtCobain
04-27-2011, 07:23 PM
Let me think.....ummm.....yeah, Pats go undefeated and get labeled by some the greatest team in NFL history.

One game destroyed your world.

Crush
04-27-2011, 07:27 PM
Not sure which thread to answer it in, but great question.

Super Bowl I - Chiefs beat Packers. Another win in Super Bowl IV would cement them as a dynasty.

1993 AFC Championship - Chiefs beat Bills. This should be #3, but I would selfishly want to see us in the Super Bowl as an adult.

Christmas 1971 - Chiefs beat Dolphins. We'd still have to win a few games or this would flip with the Super Bowl I game, but it would have had the same result as Super Bowl I.

1997 AFC Playoffs - Chiefs beat Broncos. (We did, by the way.) Vanquish the cheaters and win another game or so, and we play the Falcons in the Super Bowl. The Falcons. Talk about a gift.

1995 AFC Playoffs - Chiefs beat Colts. Not sure how far we would have gone, but the main goal of this wish is more to eliminate the most painful loss I've ever experienced as a Chiefs fan.

Mr. Rainman, we would have faced the Packers if win throughout in 97. A rematch of Super Bowl I. A media wet dream.

Rain Man
04-27-2011, 07:29 PM
Mr. Rainman, we would have faced the Packers if win throughout in 97. A rematch of Super Bowl I. A media wet dream.

Oh. My apologies. Well, that would have been good, too. And if the Broncos beat them (albeit with cheating involved), I know we would have destroyed them.

Amnorix
04-27-2011, 07:38 PM
One game destroyed your world.

Exactly right, other than not affecting my marriage, children, job, friendships or worldly possessions, it wrecked my entire life...

digger
04-27-2011, 08:32 PM
Great post. can this be nominate for best of the year or something?

KurtCobain
04-27-2011, 08:35 PM
Exactly right, other than not affecting my marriage, children, job, friendships or worldly possessions, it wrecked my entire life...

I said world, not life.

BigRedChief
04-27-2011, 08:39 PM
1993 if Montana doesn't get the concussion I've convinced that we would have won that game and the super bowl.

Frazod
04-27-2011, 09:00 PM
College - Big XII Championship Game, 2007.

Pro - the Crisco Bowl, 1998.

suzzer99
04-27-2011, 09:05 PM
What just happened?

Demonpenz
04-27-2011, 09:11 PM
Tyus Edney game, Chalmers misses the shot in 08, Refs call give colorado buffalo 4 downs, It would have been nice to get Reggie Miller and rik Smits an nba title in nba.

big nasty kcnut
04-27-2011, 09:20 PM
The 1998 big 12 championship game. Kansas state win and we get a playoff cause they would rather die then see a kansas school win another championship in football.

notre dame vs. colorado 89 just cause colorado sucks

Kansas city chiefs vs indy 2005 we go to the super bowl and be known as the greatest show on grass