PDA

View Full Version : Other Sports You get to change one game in sports history

Rams Fan
04-27-2011, 07:02 PM
It can be in the NFL, MLB, NHL, NBA etc.

You get to change the outcome of the game. What would it be and why?

For me, it would be Mizzou losing to Oklahoma in the 2007 Big 12 Championship Game.

If they had won, they would have gone to the National Championship.

Credit goes to PGM.

KCinNY
04-27-2011, 07:05 PM
The "flea-kicker" Mizzou game against the Huskers in '97.

That play happened right in front of me and I was devastated for weeks.

KurtCobain
04-27-2011, 07:05 PM
I can't decide which thread to post in, let alone which game to change.

Pasta Giant Meatball
04-27-2011, 07:06 PM
Can a mod delete the other please.

DaKCMan AP
The kicker that shall not be named game.

ChiefsCountry
Christmas Day 1971 is the game that changed the Chiefs fate forever.

BigMeatballDave
04-27-2011, 07:07 PM
Chiefs vs Bills conference championship.

Ebolapox
04-27-2011, 07:08 PM
honestly? hmmmm... I'd go back and change the 1997 loss to the broncos in the divisional round of the playoffs--gannon starts the game, the refs don't fuck us, broncos never get their super bowl, we get ours and elway retires a sad, sad man.

Rams Fan
Can a mod delete the other please.

Dude, I'm sorry for posting it at the same time.

That was my fault but it's rare that you see two threads started at the same exact moment with same header.

Is that a first for CP history?

sd4chiefs
[QUOTE=ChiefsCountry;7596866]Christmas Day 1971 is the game that changed the Chiefs fate forever.[/QUOTE

This one

Pasta Giant Meatball
04-27-2011, 07:09 PM
Dude, I'm sorry for posting it at the same time.

That was my fault but it's rare that you see two threads started at the same exact moment with same header.

Is that a first for CP history?

No problem.

ChiTown
#1 KSU losing to aTm in the B12 CG. That loss cost them a shot at the NC Game against Tennessee.:banghead:

Buck
Super Bowl 29. No explanation needed.
Posted via Mobile Device

Adept Havelock
04-27-2011, 07:10 PM
Super Bowl I

chefsos
1982, last game of the season. O's chased down the Brewers and tied 'em for the division lead with one to go, then proceeded to crap their pants. That's the one I'd like to change, because that '82 team would have beat the Cards' ass in the WS. Yeah. Here we go....

Hon. Mention: Christmas Day 1971.

KurtCobain
For me, it would be Mizzou losing to Oklahoma in the 2007 Big 12 Championship Game.

THIS TIMES FOREVER.

I want that game back. So fucking bad. Had to be the greatest week of my life heading into it though.

I think breaking this down to a specific play would be cool too. Right now, of course I want JC's fumble back from early in the Ravens game.

bevischief
04-27-2011, 07:11 PM
I can't decide which thread to post in, let alone which game to change.

2nd.

Rain Man
Okay, reprinting from the other thread.

I would probably go with (in order):

Super Bowl I - Chiefs beat Packers. Another win in Super Bowl IV would cement them as a dynasty.

1993 AFC Championship - Chiefs beat Bills. This should be #3, but I would selfishly want to see us in the Super Bowl as an adult.

Christmas 1971 - Chiefs beat Dolphins. We'd still have to win a few games or this would flip with the Super Bowl I game, but it would have had the same result as Super Bowl I.

1997 AFC Playoffs - Chiefs beat Broncos. (We did, by the way.) Vanquish the cheaters and win another game or so, and we play the Falcons in the Super Bowl. The Falcons. Talk about a gift.

1995 AFC Playoffs - Chiefs beat Colts. Not sure how far we would have gone, but the main goal of this wish is more to eliminate the most painful loss I've ever experienced as a Chiefs fan.

Bump
Chiefs vs Bills conference championship.

ditto

-King-
04-27-2011, 07:12 PM
January 7 1996...

OnTheWarpath58
04-27-2011, 07:12 PM
Any Chiefs fan under the age of 40 says anything other than the 1993 AFC Championship game, and I question their fandom.

Granted, Dallas probably rapes us in the Super Bowl, but I'd make that change in a heartbeat.

Bump
04-27-2011, 07:13 PM
if my Jayhawks hadn't won a championship recently, my vote would have had to go to the KU vs Syracuse championship game. But since I got to witness a championship, it would have to be Chiefs vs Bills in 1994

Wyatt Earp
#1 KSU losing to aTm in the B12 CG. That loss cost them a shot at the NC Game against Tennessee.:banghead:

This! :cuss:

Crush
honestly? hmmmm... I'd go back and change the 1997 loss to the broncos in the divisional round of the playoffs--gannon starts the game, the refs don't fuck us, broncos never get their super bowl, we get ours and elway retires a sad, sad man.

This

That game still gives me nightmares.

Rams Fan
04-27-2011, 07:14 PM
Another game I would consider changing would be when the Rams played the Pats in the Superbowl.

That 2001 team was better than the 1999 team and should have won the Super Bowl.

Other honorable mentions: Blues vs Sharks Game 7 in the Stanley Cup Playoffs in 2000.

Game 1 of the 2009 NLDS.

Rams vs the Panthers in the playoffs in the 2003-2004 playoffs.

Week 17: Rams at Seahawks this year.

KurtCobain
Because of when I became a Chiefs fan I'd say I want the 97 bronco's playoff game back.

Crush
Any Chiefs fan under the age of 40 says anything other than the 1993 AFC Championship game, and I question their fandom.

Granted, Dallas probably rapes us in the Super Bowl, but I'd make that change in a heartbeat.

That too

If only Kimble Anders held on to the damn ball.

Pasta Giant Meatball
04-27-2011, 07:16 PM
Non Chiefs related....Blues-RedWings Game 7 Steve Yzerman

ChiefsCountry
04-27-2011, 07:17 PM

Well I said a different Chiefs game.

OnTheWarpath58
04-27-2011, 07:18 PM

Next on my list was a Blues game.

Game 7 of the 1986 Western Conference Finals against Calgary.

Again, a chance to see my team at least play for a championship.

KCinNY
04-27-2011, 07:19 PM

That was a hell of a game and series.

Casey was lights out for the Blues that post-season. People forget that Shane Corson missed an empty net in the 1st OT of that game.

blaise
04-27-2011, 07:19 PM
Game 6 of the 1999 Stanley Cup Finals when the Stars beat the Sabres.

Just Passin' By
04-27-2011, 07:20 PM
I can think of a bunch, but #1 on the list would have to be

Patriots - Giants Super Bowl

Pasta Giant Meatball
04-27-2011, 07:20 PM
That was a hell of a game and series.

Casey was lights out for the Blues that post-season. People forget that Shane Corson missed an empty net in the 1st OT of that game.

You are right, it was an epic game and series.

Oh, I haven't forgotten :banghead:

siberian khatru
04-27-2011, 07:29 PM

Yes, that was my first thought as well.

I could change a Royals game ... but they did win a World Series.

I could change a Chiefs game ... but they did win a Super Bowl.

I could change an MU basketball game -- say, Elite Eight vs. OU. That would've put them in their first Final Four.

But the 2007 Big 12 title game with No. 1-ranked MU winning would've been epic. 'Course, they would've choked the National Championship, but ...

Crush
04-27-2011, 07:29 PM
It is threads like this that make me want to slit my wrists. Being a Chiefs/Royals/Mizzou fan sucks.

Rams Fan
04-27-2011, 07:30 PM
If Game 6 of the 2003 NLCS doesn't have the whole Bartman deal in it, do the Cubs win the WS?

Crush
04-27-2011, 07:31 PM
However, if my team finally wins a championship the feeling will be absolutely unfathomable. I have championship blue balls. I just want to have that feeling at least once in my life.

ClevelandBronco
04-27-2011, 07:32 PM
Red Right 88. The Drive. The Fumble. The Shot.

Take your damn pick.

Count Alex's Wins
I would not choose the 93 AFCC. Cowboys cream us in the Super Bowl.

I would choose the 1997 game, absolutely.

Crush
If Game 6 of the 2003 NLCS doesn't have the whole Bartman deal in it, do the Cubs win the WS?

No, they would find a way to screw it up in the WS. They're the Cubs.

Rams Fan
04-27-2011, 07:33 PM
Red Right 88. The Drive. The Fumble. The Shot.

Take your damn pick.

Man, I feel for Browns fans.

Pasta Giant Meatball

Interesting...Any Cubbo fans around here to even weigh in?

blaise
No, they would find a way to screw it up in the WS. They're the Cubs.

Yeah the Yanks probably would have just rolled them.

Baconeater
04-27-2011, 07:38 PM
1994 Orange Bowl. Motherfuck that fucking ref who fucking called that fucking non-clip on Corey Dixon's punt return for a TD. Motherfuck him all to hell.

KCinNY
04-27-2011, 07:51 PM
Question for the CP Husker fans(old enough to remember the '83 Orange Bowl):

I always admired Osbourne for going for the win in that game, but...why the hell didn't he run the option for the 2 pointer instead of a low percentage pass play? Miami was getting killed by the option in the second half of that game and they only needed 2 freakin' yards!

Pasta Giant Meatball
04-27-2011, 08:37 PM
Another killer for Cleveland fans was Game 7 of the World Series against Florida...Jose Mesa.

listopencil
04-27-2011, 08:37 PM
1997 AFC Playoffs - Chiefs beat Broncos. (We did, by the way.) Vanquish the cheaters and win another game or so, and we play the Falcons in the Super Bowl. The Falcons. Talk about a gift.

You are such a bitter little guy sometimes. Marty refusing to go with Gannon severely weakened your Offense. It also blew your chance to win that game. 4th and 1 and you are down by 4 with...what...37 seconds left on the clock? You have arguably THE BEST short yardage RB in the history of the NFL on your roster. Gannon would not even have looked to the sidelines. He would have handed it off on and gotten the first, then spiked it to stop the clock. Then see what you can do with three plays and half a minute left. Instead Grbblfrrblback stands around staring at the sidelines. So 30 seconds later they have no choice but to lob a desperation pass into the endzone...into the teeth of the Broncos pass defense. Game over. The two teams were pretty well matched that year. We split our games in the regular season. But...the Broncos beat the Chiefs on the field. The Chiefs were out played and out coached. The end. Get over it.

Count Alex's Wins
04-27-2011, 08:41 PM
Actually the only thing that weakened our offense in that game was our rushing attack getting shut down. Grbac had a good game and had a good year. Gannon was not Montana.

We had 77 fucking rushing yards in that game.

We lost that game because the refs took 3 points from us due to a phantom hold and another 4 points from us on Gonzalez's would-be TD.

We get those, we win, beat the shit out of Kordell Stewart and fuck up Favre in the Super Bowl and become a dynasty.

listopencil
04-27-2011, 08:45 PM
Actually the only thing that weakened our offense in that game was our rushing attack getting shut down. Grbac had a good game and had a good year. Gannon was not Montana.

We had 77 ****ing rushing yards in that game.

Gannon in his prime opened rushing lanes because he was very accurate on the run and in the short-to-intermediate passing game. He was also a quick thinker and pretty savvy. If it weren't for Gannon the Chiefs never would have gotten to that game.

listopencil
04-27-2011, 08:47 PM
I was gonna say something about blaming the refs but Jeebus, nice avatar.

suzzer99
04-27-2011, 08:48 PM
Chiefs/Miami bullshit fucking holding call on Dave Szott. I seriously think that one was rigged. That team was so good with DeBerg that year. We win that game maybe it's our Tuck Rule game that launches a dynasty. Instead it's same old cursed bullshit forever.

Honorable mention to Watson not overshooting the 18th at Turnberry. Still not over that one.

suzzer99
04-27-2011, 08:51 PM

And they were up by 16 with like 4 minutes left. How the fuck do you lose that? Bishop and Snyder choked in that one btw.

Count Alex's Wins
04-27-2011, 08:51 PM
Gannon in his prime opened rushing lanes because he was very accurate on the run and in the short-to-intermediate passing game. He was also a quick thinker and pretty savvy. If it weren't for Gannon the Chiefs never would have gotten to that game.

LMAO

Well, that team was formidable no matter who was playing QB that year. Grbac was 8-2 and it's not like he pulled a Bono in that game. We moved the ball.

But he choked, no doubt.

Direckshun
04-27-2011, 08:52 PM
This isn't what the thread OP intended, but I would have kept Len Bias alive.

mlyonsd
You are such a bitter little guy sometimes. Marty refusing to go with Gannon severely weakened your Offense. It also blew your chance to win that game. 4th and 1 and you are down by 4 with...what...37 seconds left on the clock? You have arguably THE BEST short yardage RB in the history of the NFL on your roster. Gannon would not even have looked to the sidelines. He would have handed it off on and gotten the first, then spiked it to stop the clock. Then see what you can do with three plays and half a minute left. Instead Grbblfrrblback stands around staring at the sidelines. So 30 seconds later they have no choice but to lob a desperation pass into the endzone...into the teeth of the Broncos pass defense. Game over. The two teams were pretty well matched that year. We split our games in the regular season. But...the Broncos beat the Chiefs on the field. The Chiefs were out played and out coached. The end. Get over it.

I was there and I can't really argue with any of this. Although it was a BS phantom call.

If Marty goes with Gannon in that game we win by 40 and then the SB by 35.

stonedstooge
The game Bo Jackson was tackled and injured in. Guy was an awesome physical specimen

Baconeater
04-27-2011, 08:57 PM
Question for the CP Husker fans(old enough to remember the '83 Orange Bowl):

I always admired Osbourne for going for the win in that game, but...why the hell didn't he run the option for the 2 pointer instead of a low percentage pass play? Miami was getting killed by the option in the second half of that game and they only needed 2 freakin' yards!
Gimmick offenses don't work well in goal line situations.

Thig Lyfe
04-27-2011, 08:59 PM
I'd make the Chiefs lose to the Seahawks last year so people wouldn't get to point at that game as an example of Cassel "starting to get it."

suzzer99
04-27-2011, 09:06 PM
If I had 10 of these I'd spend one letting DT get his 8th sack on Krieg.

Count Alex's Wins
04-27-2011, 09:17 PM
If Marty goes with Gannon nothing is certain. Gannon passed for all of 100 yards against the Broncos earlier that year. He was fortunate Tamarick Vanover and turnovers and heroics by Pete Stoyanovich saved his bacon.

Brianfo
04-27-2011, 09:19 PM

Have to agree with the Donk fan. We were the best team in the NFL that year and they had to come into our house. With Gannon under center we win the Super Bowl. No doubt about it.

Brianfo
04-27-2011, 09:21 PM
If Marty goes with Gannon nothing is certain. Gannon passed for all of 100 yards against the Broncos earlier that year. He was fortunate Tamarick Vanover and turnovers and heroics by Pete Stoyanovich saved his bacon.

Are you serious about this argument. Elvis @#*&ing Grbac??????? We won with defense and Grbac was a turnover machine. End of discussion.

Count Alex's Wins
04-27-2011, 09:25 PM
Are you serious about this argument. Elvis @#*&ing Grbac??????? We won with defense and Grbac was a turnover machine. End of discussion.

Grbac was not a turnover machine in 1997. He threw for 260 yards in that playoff game. Gannon had only two games over 200 yards all year.

Maybe Gannon would have won that game at the end, but maybe he wouldn't have put the Chiefs in a position to win it in the first place. The guy completed 56 percent of his passes that year, he was not Joe Montana.

Count Alex's Wins
04-27-2011, 09:27 PM
There is a reason Carl let Gannon go. He was NOTHING SPECIAL whatsoever in Kansas City. Grbac had a contract, an arm and was five years younger. It blew up in Carl's face but it was the logical decision.

boogblaster
04-27-2011, 09:33 PM
SB 1

DTLB58
04-27-2011, 09:35 PM

I'm 47 and still this is the first game that came to my mind. :thumb:

Spott
04-27-2011, 09:45 PM
I'd change that 2006 game in the final week of the season when SF beats Denver. That way Denver gets in and I'm not forced to watch us go 3 quarters without a first down against the Colts. Watching Denver lose that game would have been much more enjoyable.

Gadzooks
04-27-2011, 09:49 PM
Super Bowl 29. No explanation needed.
Posted via Mobile Device

Steve Young is a coward pussy!!!
We both know they cheated.
All other fans in the NFL totally forget there was a thing called a salary cap at the time... They also forget that the Whiners were busted but only lost a 3rd round pick for the infraction. (Not a bad price to pay for a SB ring)
That whole SB was pure B.S.
It was basically the NFC Pro Bowl team verses a team that trulely clawed their way to the top (without cheating the cap).

I can't blame the NFL for sweeping it under the carpet. It sullied the integrity of the league but it still burns my ass when I see Steve Young saying "get the monkey off my back" every other week on the NFL network. Fuck him and all the rest of those cheaters!!!

ChiefsCountry
04-27-2011, 09:53 PM
First game of the 2008 season would be a good one change as well. Pollard doesn't fuck up Brady's knee we don't have the piece of shit Cassel as our QB.

Dartgod
04-27-2011, 09:53 PM
Coach woulda put me in fourth quarter, we would've been state champions. No doubt. No doubt in my mind.

Gadzooks
04-27-2011, 09:56 PM
First game of the 2008 season would be a good one change as well. Pollard doesn't **** up Brady's knee we don't have the piece of shit Cassel as our QB.

LMAO

CoMoChief
04-27-2011, 09:57 PM
"Mario Chalmers 3pt shot at the end of reg in the 2008 Nat'l Title Game"

Sincerely,
MU fans.

KurtCobain
04-27-2011, 09:57 PM
Steve Young is a coward pussy!!!
We both know they cheated.
All other fans in the NFL totally forget there was a thing called a salary cap at the time... They also forget that the Whiners were busted but only lost a 3rd round pick for the infraction. (Not a bad price to pay for a SB ring)
That whole SB was pure B.S.
It was basically the NFC Pro Bowl team verses a team that trulely clawed their way to the top (without cheating the cap).

I can't blame the NFL for sweeping it under the carpet. It sullied the integrity of the league but it still burns my ass when I see Steve Young saying "get the monkey off my back" every other week on the NFL network. Fuck him and all the rest of those cheaters!!!

ROFL

Rams Fan
04-27-2011, 10:00 PM
"Mario Chalmers 3pt shot at the end of reg in the 2008 Nat'l Title Game"

Sincerely,
MU fans.

Nope.

DJJasonp
04-27-2011, 10:01 PM
Three that still hurt to this day whenever I think about them:

1990 Chiefs vs Dolphins playoffs (BS holding call makes Lowery's kick 10 yds back....and misses by a whisker)

97 Chiefs/Broncos ('nuff said)

97 elite 8...KU vs Arizona.....Still say, KU's greatest team ever.....

'97 was a horrible year.

ClevelandBronco
04-27-2011, 10:20 PM
Another killer for Cleveland fans was Game 7 of the World Series against Florida...Jose Mesa.

Give it a name.

Thig Lyfe
04-27-2011, 10:46 PM
First game of the 2008 season would be a good one change as well. Pollard doesn't fuck up Brady's knee we don't have the piece of shit Cassel as our QB.

I'd like to change mine to this one.

Demonpenz
04-27-2011, 10:50 PM
wtf guys /hank gathers

suzzer99
04-27-2011, 10:51 PM
Three that still hurt to this day whenever I think about them:

1990 Chiefs vs Dolphins playoffs (BS holding call makes Lowery's kick 10 yds back....and misses by a whisker)

Okoye ran down to the 15 or so on that play. If they don't call holding it basically ices the game. Well for any coach but Marty it ices the game.

ragedogg69
04-27-2011, 10:57 PM
97 elite 8...KU vs Arizona.....Still say, KU's greatest team ever.....

'97 was a horrible year.

Sorry i would like to keep that game as it is.

Biggest stomach punch game ever was az/illinois elite 8 in 2005. Cats blew a 13 point lead with 3 mins to go. Ended any chance of az being recognized as an elite program of the west.

Sent from my GTablet running VEGAn-TAB using Tapatalk

CHENZ A!
04-27-2011, 10:59 PM
There is a reason Carl let Gannon go. He was NOTHING SPECIAL whatsoever in Kansas City. Grbac had a contract, an arm and was five years younger. It blew up in Carl's face but it was the logical decision.

I agree. It makes no sense the way some Chiefs fans still talk about Gannon like he was some all-time great Chiefs player. I remember when Oakland was in the superbowl and hearing people say they were "rooting for Gannon to get a ring." I'm like mother****er he started 7(or right around there) games for us in his CAREER as a Chief. **** him, and **** the Raiders.

CHENZ A!
04-27-2011, 11:00 PM
The kicker that shall not be named game.

for me, it's this game without a doubt. I cried after that game. LMAO :(

Rams Fan
04-27-2011, 11:05 PM
I think I know the kicker that you are referring to. I could be completely wrong, but without him the Chiefs don't make the playoffs in 2006, right?

ClevelandBronco
04-27-2011, 11:07 PM
Steve Olin and Tim Crews.

CHENZ A!
04-27-2011, 11:11 PM
I think I know the kicker that you are referring to. I could be completely wrong, but without him the Chiefs don't make the playoffs in 2006, right?

No, the kicker that shall not be named was out of the league altogether shortly after his playoff meltdown.

Bewbies
04-27-2011, 11:16 PM
Probably Iowa State v Michigan State in the Elite 8 a few years ago. That was the title game...

The 97 playoff game, and the Bartman play in Chicago are my 2nd and 3rd choices.

RJ
04-27-2011, 11:18 PM
Maryland/NC State ACC Tourney Championship. Terps lost in OT. I'm still a bit pissed. In those days only the conference champ went to the NCAA's. At the time Maryland was ranked 4th in the nation. It was such a great game, filled with great players on both sides. NC State went on to beat UCLA for the national title, breaking their 7 (?) year run. I've always felt the Terps would have done the same had they won that game.

Tied with 12/25/71. Chiefs should have two SB wins.

Pushead2
04-27-2011, 11:25 PM
2003 Game 7 of the Stanley Cup.....I was there and it broke my heart

OnTheWarpath58
04-27-2011, 11:28 PM

Ah, fuck.

I may have spoke too soon.

LMAO

ArrowheadHawk
04-27-2011, 11:28 PM
2007 KU vs MU.

Rams Fan
04-27-2011, 11:34 PM
Okay now I know who the kicker that shall not be named is.

KurtCobain
04-27-2011, 11:38 PM

Don't you dare fucking name him.

Or that coach around milkman.

KcMizzou
04-27-2011, 11:39 PM

Granted, Dallas probably rapes us in the Super Bowl, but I'd make that change in a heartbeat.This. It's obvious.

Who knows what would have happened after that.

FTR, I'm 36.

ClevelandBronco
04-27-2011, 11:41 PM
Interesting. If you run a Google search on the kicker who shall not be named (without quotation marks) ChiefsPlanet has only one spot on the first page, it's the seventh item, and it's this thread. Run the search on "the kicker who shall not be named" with quotation marks and CP still has only one item on the first page. It's the sixth item and a different thread. http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=186946&page=8

(I'm not using the actual name in either case.)

KurtCobain
04-27-2011, 11:45 PM
This. It's obvious.

Who knows what would have happened after that.

FTR, I'm 36.

I'm 21 and don't remember that game. I do remember adults talking about it and such.

However, I do remember that fucking bronco's playoff game. I was 8. Third grade. There was this kid in my class who defended Grbac the next day and I got in trouble for dragging on an arguement about it. Grbac was a bum and I hated him with a passion I had never had before. And those cheating broncos covered in oil.

KcMizzou
04-27-2011, 11:49 PM
I'm 21 and don't remember that game. I do remember adults talking about it and such.

However, I do remember that ****ing bronco's playoff game. I was 8. Third grade. There was this kid in my class who defended Grbac the next day and I got in trouble for dragging on an arguement about it. Grbac was a bum and I hated him with a passion I had never had before. And those cheating broncos covered in oil.JFC You make me feel old...lol

KevB
04-27-2011, 11:51 PM
Grew up a Memphis St. fan, graduated from KState. I was there for both the 1998 Big 12 championship game and the 2008 Final Four. Both losses were National Championship losses, and both games appeared to be in the win column at various points. Gut punches, both of them.

Chocolate Hog
04-27-2011, 11:51 PM
Nebraska Vs Florida State in the 94' Orange Bowl. Byron Bennet would have made the game winning kick instead of missing it. Nebraska wins it would have been Osbornes first of 4 titles that decade.

Crush
04-27-2011, 11:53 PM

However, I do remember that fucking bronco's playoff game. I was 8. Third grade. There was this kid in my class who defended Grbac the next day and I got in trouble for dragging on an arguement about it. Grbac was a bum and I hated him with a passion I had never had before. And those cheating broncos covered in oil.

I still have nightmares of Grbac looking toward the sideline with that retarded look on his face as the precious time ticked away.

ChiefsCountry
04-27-2011, 11:57 PM

Lin Ellliott

People are just fucking pussies for not blaming Marty. Elliott sucked ass but Marty put him that situation.

T-post Tom
04-28-2011, 12:17 AM
Chiefs beat Bills - 1993 AFC Championship

KcMizzou
04-28-2011, 12:18 AM
Chiefs beat Bills - 1993 AFC ChampionshipOf course.

T-post Tom
04-28-2011, 12:29 AM
Of course.

We only lost because John Candy was sitting in the first row on the 50 yard line. He distracted Joe, who was subsequently steamrolled into submission... and a concussion.

KcMizzou
04-28-2011, 12:33 AM
We only lost because John Candy was sitting in the first row on the 50 yard line. He distracted Joe, who was subsequently steamrolled into submission... and a concussion.Heh, maybe Kimble Anders would have caught that pass if he had been.

SuperChief
04-28-2011, 12:34 AM
How about the game where Priest got the fuck knocked out of him? Think of the ramifications that single act had on the team.

JohnnyV13
04-28-2011, 02:41 AM
Well...if we want to talk about KC baseball...

We could have Game 5 of the 1977 ALCS, which we lost to the Yankees. That was probably the Royals strongest ever team.

Or what about Game 6 of the 1980 World Series. Then the Royals play one more game for a title.

Grbac melted down on the final drive in 1997, but he did actually complete a lot of passes into tight coverage under heavy pressure. Losing that game was painful; I was at the game.

RockChalk
04-28-2011, 08:18 AM
honestly? hmmmm... I'd go back and change the 1997 loss to the broncos in the divisional round of the playoffs--gannon starts the game, the refs don't **** us, broncos never get their super bowl, we get ours and elway retires a sad, sad man.

You'd have to make sure that Grbac is tied up somewhere far away from Arrowhead as well. Not even changing history could prevent him from being awful. We lost that game the minute Marty/Carl decided that he should start over Gannon.

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-28-2011, 03:27 PM
It can be in the NFL, MLB, NHL, NBA etc.

You get to change the outcome of the game. What would it be and why?

Credit goes to PGM.

Probably has to be it for me.

Other high ups on the list

Game 7 of the 1987 WS
Game 6 of the 1985 WS
Game 6 of the 2005 NLCS
Tyus Edney
Flea Kicker
Missouri v. Oklahoma, 2002 Regional Final
Missouri v. Connecticut, 2009 Regional Final
Missouri v. Arizona, 1994 Regional Final
18th hole of the 2006 US Open
18 hole of the 1999 US Open,
15th hole of the 3rd round of the 2001 PGA Championship
Final Rounds of the 2001 Masters, 2009 US Open, 2010 US Open, 2004 US Open, and 2004 British Open.
Game 7 of the 1995 Western Conference Semis in the NHL

With any of the Chiefs games, we just get our asses kicked in the next round, so aside from 1993, I don't see much of a point.

frankotank
04-28-2011, 03:33 PM
2006 Michigan / oh st (lower caps). called "The Game of the Century". #1 vs #2. Bo died the day before the game and Michigan did not win one for the Gipper. wish I could change that one. bastards....

Steron
04-28-2011, 03:44 PM
Chiefs beat Bills - 1993 AFC Championship

This is mine as well.

oldandslow
04-28-2011, 03:50 PM
Game 7 of the 1987 WS
Game 6 of the 1985 WS
Game 7 of the 1968 WS
1993 AFC Championship

If I can only pick one - Game 7 in 1968 -- best baseball team I ever witnessed and C. Flood screwed it up.

Count Alex's Wins
04-28-2011, 03:51 PM
With any of the Chiefs games, we just get our asses kicked in the next round, so aside from 1993, I don't see much of a point.

I think our defense would have destroyed Kordell Stewart in 97

FishingRod
04-28-2011, 04:04 PM
7th Grade Baseball playoff game against the hated same school rival. We were essentially the wild card tem from division two they were the 3rd year running chaps from A league. And they had cut me from the friggin team two years earlier even though I was certainly not in the bottom of the players. I was pitching and we were ahead 4-2 in the 4th inning with 2 outs. Coach pulled me out after I walked two batters and put in Meatball Paul. They promptly got about 12 straight hits and decimated us. I just wanna go back and finish pitching that game. My buddy Scott would probably like to have played in the game but was in the hospital with appendicitis.

gblowfish
04-28-2011, 04:05 PM
Christmas Day 1971 is the game that changed the Chiefs fate forever.

This.

100x this....

Spott
04-28-2011, 04:18 PM
This.

100x this....

It's funny how Stenerud ended up in the HOF, yet he basically did the same thing to this franchise that the kicker that will go unnamed did.

teedubya
04-28-2011, 04:19 PM
Here is mine...

January 16, 2000
NFC Playoffs: St. Louis Rams 49, Minnesota Vikings 37

I'd have the Vikings beat the Rams... that way there is no NFC championship in St. Louis the next week... and that means that Derrick Thomas wouldn't have gotten into a car accident driving to the airport to see that game.

Jerm
04-28-2011, 04:28 PM
Outside of the Chiefs....the Leyritz game...'nuff said.

kcmaxwell
04-28-2011, 04:29 PM
honestly? hmmmm... I'd go back and change the 1997 loss to the broncos in the divisional round of the playoffs--gannon starts the game, the refs don't **** us, broncos never get their super bowl, we get ours and elway retires a sad, sad man.

Exactly what I thought about when I read the title!! /thread

Royal Fanatic
04-28-2011, 04:30 PM
Well...if we want to talk about KC baseball...

We could have Game 5 of the 1977 ALCS, which we lost to the Yankees. That was probably the Royals strongest ever team.

Or what about Game 6 of the 1980 World Series. Then the Royals play one more game for a title.

Grbac melted down on the final drive in 1997, but he did actually complete a lot of passes into tight coverage under heavy pressure. Losing that game was painful; I was at the game.
I was wondering if ANYONE was going to mention game 5 of the 1977 ALCS. That's the game I would change. It was a heartbreaker. I was in the stands in right field that day, and I've never seen 40,000 people go absolutely silent after a game like that. After a few minutes of total silence, a bunch of people actually started crying.

It sucked because the Royals had the best record in baseball that year and they would have been a heavy favorite in the World Series. That WAS their best team ever. It was nice to beat the Yankees in the 1980 ALCS and to win the 1985 World Series, but they didn't make up for the 1977 loss.

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
04-28-2011, 04:38 PM
Jan Stenerud makes the kick in OT vs. Miami.

SB Champions that year.

Pasta Giant Meatball
04-28-2011, 05:43 PM
Here is mine...

January 16, 2000

I'd have the Vikings beat the Rams... that way there is no NFC championship in St. Louis the next week... and that means that Derrick Thomas wouldn't have gotten into a car accident driving to the airport to see that game.

Nice call. I was waiting for someone to do that.

siberian khatru
04-28-2011, 05:53 PM
I was wondering if ANYONE was going to mention game 5 of the 1977 ALCS. That's the game I would change. It was a heartbreaker. I was in the stands in right field that day, and I've never seen 40,000 people go absolutely silent after a game like that. After a few minutes of total silence, a bunch of people actually started crying.

It sucked because the Royals had the best record in baseball that year and they would have been a heavy favorite in the World Series. That WAS their best team ever. It was nice to beat the Yankees in the 1980 ALCS and to win the 1985 World Series, but they didn't make up for the 1977 loss.

I almost did, but didn't for the reason I posted earlier in this thread.

I was 11 watching on TV in Winston-Salem, N.C., and I cried my eyes out (just like Patek in the dugout).

But as painful as that game was (and it still pains to remember), from my standpoint the 1980 ALCS DID make up for it. To me, that was more satisfying than even the 85 Series win. That 80 win (and Brett's HR) was so cathartic, so fulfilling precisely because of the 76-78 heartbreaks.

WilliamTheIrish
04-28-2011, 06:01 PM
No question; 1977 ALCS game 5. I remember every pitch, every hit, every foul ball. Watching Paul Blair bloop that fucking single in front of AO.... Frank's incredible grab of Chambliss' line drive on the short hop and Reggie laying spikes to Freddy P.

That's the game Id change.
Posted via Mobile Device

WilliamTheIrish
04-28-2011, 06:02 PM
I have several KSU games id change too but I've documented them through the years here on several occasions.
Posted via Mobile Device

Royal Fanatic
04-28-2011, 06:23 PM
I almost did, but didn't for the reason I posted earlier in this thread.

I was 11 watching on TV in Winston-Salem, N.C., and I cried my eyes out (just like Patek in the dugout).

But as painful as that game was (and it still pains to remember), from my standpoint the 1980 ALCS DID make up for it. To me, that was more satisfying than even the 85 Series win. That 80 win (and Brett's HR) was so cathartic, so fulfilling precisely because of the 76-78 heartbreaks.
The 1980 ALCS would have made up for it for me if they had closed the deal and beat the Phillies in the World Series. Since they didn't, that season also ended in frustration.

Spott
04-28-2011, 06:39 PM
Here is mine...

January 16, 2000

Either that or Stoyanovich makes that kick against the Raiders in the season finale and the we win the division and are still in the playoffs that weekend.

Pestilence
04-28-2011, 06:43 PM
Outside of any of the Chiefs games.......I would change the infamous "Bush Push" game.

Royal Fanatic
04-28-2011, 06:48 PM
Jan Stenerud makes the kick in OT vs. Miami.

SB Champions that year.
That was a big one. We would have been in 3 of the first 6 Super Bowls and won 2 of them.

What was that kick, 22 yards? That has to be one of the biggest chokes in sports history.

Prince22
04-28-2011, 07:44 PM
1992 UK - DUKE Elite Eight

2011 UK - UCONN Final Four

I dont need to explain