PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs NFL Network's Top 100 Players of 2011

BigRock
04-28-2011, 02:59 AM
Sorry if there's already a thread on this, didn't see it in a search.

Anyway, this show premiers Saturday night after the draft. It's a countdown of the best 100 players currently in the league. According to a preview show they ran, the Chiefs are tied for third with 5 players on the list.

The Packers are alone at #1 with 7 players, then there's a few teams tied for second with 6, and a few tied for third with 5. KC is the only AFC West team in that mix.

So... Charles, Bowe, Hali, Flowers, and Berry? Or should someone else be in there?

SNR
04-28-2011, 03:00 AM
Colquitt

DBOSHO
04-28-2011, 03:01 AM
Tom better be #1.

BossChief
04-28-2011, 03:07 AM
you know you are an ascending team when your best players were all drafted by you.

-King-
04-28-2011, 05:51 AM
So...Philip Rivers wasn't a top 100 player?
Posted via Mobile Device

Fritz88
04-28-2011, 06:06 AM
Carr and maybe Cassel.

BigRock
04-28-2011, 07:18 AM
Colquitt

No kickers or punters made the list, actually. The players are mean.

BigRock
04-28-2011, 07:21 AM
So...Philip Rivers wasn't a top 100 player?
Posted via Mobile Device

I'm sure he is. But even counting him, the Chargers don't have at least 5 players on the list. So the Chiefs lead the AFC West with the most representatives in the Top 100.

Rain Man
04-28-2011, 08:20 AM
aw, man. I didn't want to know the number beforehand. why would they announce that?
Posted via Mobile Device

Rain Man
04-28-2011, 08:29 AM
waters never gets credit around here. my guesses in order of likelihood of appearing somewhere on the list are:

charles
waters
hali
berry
bowe
flowers
wiegman
djohnson
cassel
dorsey
lilja
carr
gilberry
colquitt
succop

note: this isn't my order of goodness or what I think their order will be. it's in order of likelihood of being on the list.
Posted via Mobile Device

Pasta Giant Meatball
04-28-2011, 08:34 AM
No, no, no Berry. There were 5 Safeties in last years draft alone that are as good or better than Berry/Sacoshit

BigRock
04-28-2011, 08:37 AM
aw, man. I didn't want to know the number beforehand. why would they announce that?
Posted via Mobile Device

They broke it down by almost every angle. The teams with the most guys on the list, how many guys on the list play a specific position, the rounds the guys were drafted in.

aturnis
04-28-2011, 09:01 PM
No, no, no Berry. There were 5 Safeties in last years draft alone that are as good or better than Berry/Sacoshit

I believe only 3 rookies made the list. Suh, Berry, and an unlikely guy I think.

Urc Burry
04-28-2011, 09:26 PM
I believe only 3 rookies made the list. Suh, Berry, and an unlikely guy I think.

Mike Williams is #83...Yes seriously

So it comes down to Berry or McCourty

aturnis
04-28-2011, 09:34 PM
Mike Williams is #83...Yes seriously

So it comes down to Berry or McCourty

I've already read an article somewhere, or it was on NFLN last week. Eric Berry is a top 100 player.

banyon
05-22-2011, 08:35 PM
Tonight's episode:

Miles Austin - 70
John Abraham - 69
Antrell Rolle - 68
Brian Waters - 67:arrow:
Richard Seymour - 66
Vontae Leach - 65
Tamba Hali - 64:arrow:
Cameron Wake - 63
Jerod Mayo - 62
Brandon Marshall - 61

banyon
05-22-2011, 08:36 PM
I think Waters is there on rep. Hali seems about right, IMO.

CupidStunt
05-22-2011, 08:48 PM
That entire segment of 10 is a ****ing laugher. Rolle? Leach? GTFO. And obviously Waters shouldn't sniff such a list.

-King-
05-22-2011, 09:16 PM
I hate Jared Allen as much as anyone...but he was screwed.

TRR
05-22-2011, 10:12 PM
I am watching the top 100 players, and John Abraham was #69.

He made a comment about Brandon Albert. If his left foot/heal is up, it is a pass every time. If his heal is down, it is run. That's scary....Wonder if Albert has fixed this????
Posted via Mobile Device

milkman
05-22-2011, 10:16 PM

He made a comment about Brandon Albert. If his left foot/heal is up, it is a pass every time. If his heal is down, it is run. That's scary....Wonder if Albert has fixed this????
Posted via Mobile Device

That would certainly explain Albert's continued struggles in pass protection.

Rain Man
05-22-2011, 10:24 PM

Posted via Mobile Device

We'll have to thank him for revealing that.

I bet there are all sorts of tells on players. I've often thought that the Chiefs should hire a bunch of low-end workers to do nothing but look for those. It's a huge advantage.

I remember one coach (Billick?) saying that there was a tackle with an obvious tell, so the defense always knew if it was a run or a pass. He said they went into a key game relying on this, and the guy got hurt in warmups or something and didn't play, and it threw his team into a tizzy. I think the tackle might've been Orlando Brown.

BossChief
05-22-2011, 11:53 PM

Posted via Mobile Device

He originally made the comment after the game in 2008. It's why he moved to the other side for the second half, so the Falcons could keep consistent pressure by the other end keying on that and he demolished Damian McSack.

I can assure you that Albert has some kind of tell right now, Just watch the Raider and Baltimore games...

banyon
06-05-2011, 11:02 PM
50-41

50. Wes Welker WR Patriots

49. Brian Urlacher LB Bears

48. Champ Bailey CB Broncos

47. Nick Mangold C Jets

46. Tony Gonzalez TE Falcons

45. Dwayne Bowe WR Chiefs :arrow:

44. Robert Mathis DE Colts

43. Joe Thomas LT Browns

42. Michael Turner RB Falcons

41. Ben Rothlisberger QB Pittsburgh

BigMeatballDave
06-06-2011, 12:10 AM
I wonder where JC comes in?

salame
06-06-2011, 03:58 AM
how is Cameron Wake higher than Hali?

Over-Head
06-06-2011, 05:10 AM
We'll have to thank him for revealing that.

I bet there are all sorts of tells on players. .

Thats what Gannon attributed to much of his success, or so he said in a raido interview I listened to once. He basically spent years on the side lines, and then studying film, reading the defence players he would have been facing.
So much so to the point, he knew what they were going to do before they did it.

JD10367
06-06-2011, 06:17 AM
Thats what Gannon attributed to much of his success, or so he said in a raido interview I listened to once. He basically spent years on the side lines, and then studying film, reading the defence players he would have been facing.
So much so to the point, he knew what they were going to do before they did it.

Any coach worth his salt tries to drum the tells out of his players, but the players just can't help it. Bledsoe used to pat the ball before throwing it. Peyton likes to tap his hip to tell the running back to start moving on that side for the handoff (famously seen in the Pats-Colts game in Indy where Willie McGinest stuffed a goal-line run for the win). I would think the coaches are well aware of Albert's tell and have probably told him not to do it. (Otherwise, they're not very observant.)

Fire Me Boy!
06-06-2011, 06:31 AM
Dwayne's segment: http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-top100-2011/09000d5d8202e9e8/Top-100-Dwayne-Bowe

big nasty kcnut
06-06-2011, 07:42 AM
We need to stage a intervention for Todd Haley. He's on something and i don't want him up on the bell tower shooting people.

Pasta Giant Meatball
06-06-2011, 09:04 AM
Where's Eddie Royal??? I thought he was Bowe's equal.

BigRock
06-12-2011, 10:34 PM
So Charles goes 33rd, making him the final Chief on the list.

The actual numerical rankings were pretty well neutered of all their meaning after Ben Roethlisberger went in the 40's. But in terms of RB placement, Arian Foster will apparently rank ahead of Charles, which is some bullshit.

Rain Man
06-12-2011, 10:41 PM
He was only 33rd? What would it take to make the top ten? Did they need him to average 7 yards a carry? 8? 9?

Rams Fan
06-12-2011, 10:43 PM
Steven Jackson was 38. Dude is still underrated.

-King-
06-12-2011, 10:48 PM

Not really.

Rams Fan
06-12-2011, 10:50 PM
Not really.

Not as underrated as Jamal Charles(who should be ranked higher on the list), but I still think Jackson is one of the underrated RBs because of the teams he has played on.

beach tribe
06-12-2011, 10:51 PM

Dude. 3.8 ypc.

Gonna be broke dick in about two years. Too bad really.

Not trying to be a dick. It really is too bad.

Rams Fan
06-12-2011, 10:57 PM
Dude. 3.8 ypc.

Gonna be broke dick in about two years. Too bad really.

Not trying to be a dick. It really is too bad.

He did have a down year, yes, but he led the NFC in rushing the year before.

You didn't mention all of the injuries he had last year either (back, groin, broken finger) not to mention some of the shittiest run blocking I have ever seen.

From Billy Devaney:

"He couldn't stiff-arm anybody, which is a big part of his game ... and he couldn't even switch the ball from one hand to the other," Devaney told The Sports Xchange. "He was basically playing one-handed."

http://det.scout.com/2/1078841.html

beach tribe
06-12-2011, 11:08 PM
He did have a down year, yes, but he led the NFC in rushing the year before.

You didn't mention all of the injuries he had last year either (back, groin, broken finger) not to mention some of the shittiest run blocking I have ever seen.

From Billy Devaney:

http://det.scout.com/2/1078841.html

When power backs start piling up injuries, the end isn't that far behind.
Again, I'm really not trying to poke at you here. I like SJ...A LOT. Think he's the kind of player that any team should strive to have, but he's got 2-3 more highly productive years. TOPS.

beach tribe
06-12-2011, 11:11 PM
I have no problem admitting that I've been wrong before. Plenty of times. I hope I am in this case too, but I honestly think SJ has two more years, as a top back in this league.

Rams Fan
06-12-2011, 11:11 PM
When power backs start piling up injuries, the end isn't that far behind.
Again, I'm really not trying to poke at you here. I like SJ...A LOT. Think he's the kind of player that any team should strive to have, but he's got 2-3 more highly productive years. TOPS.

I don't disagree with that. I think if the Rams can develop a guy under him right now, he could last in the league a little longer.

Maybe long enough to get to the promise land in 3-5 years...

beach tribe
06-12-2011, 11:13 PM
I really think they should get him someone to SPLIT the load with. Give him no more than 250 carries per year. They do that, and I totally change my stance.

beach tribe
06-12-2011, 11:14 PM
I don't disagree with that. I think if the Rams can develop a guy under him right now, he could last in the league a little longer.

Maybe long enough to get to the promise land in 3-5 years...

Totally agree.

Rams Fan
06-12-2011, 11:15 PM
I really think they should get him someone to SPLIT the load with. Give him no more than 250 carries per year. They do that, and I totally change my stance.

That's what Devaney's trying to do, get a guy to lighten the load for SJ. Devaney hasn't done that yet, but sometimes there's a few gems in the UDFA pool.

beach tribe
06-12-2011, 11:18 PM
That's what Devaney's trying to do, get a guy to lighten the load for SJ. Devaney hasn't done that yet, but sometimes there's a few gems in the UDFA pool.

For his sake, I would hope so, but i really see them riding him into the ground to help your young QB develop. Congrats on the QB by the way. Hell of a pick.

Rams Fan
06-12-2011, 11:20 PM
For his sake, I would hope so, but i really see them riding him into the ground to help your young QB develop. Congrats on the QB by the way. Hell of a pick.

I think part of the reason why they drafted Salas and Pettis was to lighten the load on SJ just a little bit. They also got a TE that's supposed to be really good.

I just hope Bradford takes it to the next level if there is a season this year. I think he can. He's a once in a decade type of QB, I think.

Chocolate Hog
06-12-2011, 11:23 PM
I think part of the reason why they drafted Salas and Pettis was to lighten the load on SJ just a little bit. They also got a TE that's supposed to be really good.

I just hope Bradford takes it to the next level if there is a season this year. I think he can. He's a once in a decade type of QB, I think.

Rams suck.

Rams Fan
06-12-2011, 11:24 PM
Rams suck.

So does Nebraska basketball.

beach tribe
06-12-2011, 11:37 PM

I love the fact that the native Americans have some representation in the NFL.

beach tribe
06-12-2011, 11:41 PM
So does the state of Nebraska .

FYP. And yes, I have lived there. In three different locations. I've also been all over the world. So I have a barometer.

Disclaimer: I apologize if I have offended any natives of the state. JMO, and it's just that. One man's opinion.

banyon
06-12-2011, 11:42 PM
The list:

40: Terrell Suggs, LB Ravens
39: Logan Mankins, G Patriots
38: Steven Jackson, RB Rams
37: Jonathan Vilma, LB Saints
36: Jason Witten, TE Cowboys
35: Vince Wilfork, DT Patriots
34 Jahri Evans, G Saints (who?)
33: Jamaal Charles, RB Chiefs :arrow:
32: Devin Hester, WR/DB/KR Bears
31: Reggie Wayne, WR Colts

KurtCobain
06-12-2011, 11:43 PM
The list:

40: Terrell Suggs, LB Ravens
39: Logan Mankins, G Patriots
38: Steven Jackson, RB Rams
37: Jonathan Vilma, LB Saints
36: Jason Witten, TE Cowboys
35: Vince Wilfork, DT Patriots
34 Jahri Evans, G Saints (who?)
33: Jamaal Charles, RB Chiefs :arrow:
32: Devin Hester, WR/DB/KR Bears
31: Reggie Wayne, WR Colts

Hester and Wayne over Charles? Pft.

beach tribe
06-12-2011, 11:44 PM
Hester and Wayne over Charles? Pft.

Serious male bovine feces.

banyon
06-12-2011, 11:46 PM
Serious male bovine feces.

I think Wayne is plausible. Hester is too much of a special teamer (hence the no kickers/punters) to be higher.

Rams Fan
06-12-2011, 11:47 PM
I think Wayne is plausible. Hester is too much of a special teamer (hence the no kickers/punters) to be higher.

I agree. I mean, you could make a case for Wayne being there or being ranked lower.

Hester, IMO, is ranked a bit too high.

Three7s
06-12-2011, 11:54 PM
I agree. I mean, you could make a case for Wayne being there or being ranked lower.

Hester, IMO, is ranked a bit too high.
Way too high. It's a slap in the face having Jamaal at #33. He should be top 25 no question.

beach tribe
06-12-2011, 11:54 PM

Wayne IS plausible at that spot, but Charles should be higher without a doubt. Few have ever performed at the level that he did last year. There's something to be said for that. It's a ranking for the season, and the season he turned in, puts him in the top 10 IMO.

DBOSHO
06-12-2011, 11:59 PM
If Arian Forster is above Charles ill punt a small baby. Charles was THE best runningback last year.

beach tribe
06-13-2011, 12:00 AM
Charles at 33, basically says that there is, or could be a player better than Charles on every single team, which is complete, and utter tripe, and TOTAL fucking BS.

KCrockaholic
06-13-2011, 12:32 AM
Lol. What a joke. Jamaal is the best halfback in the NFL, and he's ranked 33.

MagicHef
06-13-2011, 01:07 AM
Wayne IS plausible at that spot, but Charles should be higher without a doubt. Few have ever performed at the level that he did last year. There's something to be said for that. It's a ranking for the season, and the season he turned in, puts him in the top 10 IMO.

It's not a ranking of last year. The 2011 season hasn't happened yet.

KCtotheSB
06-13-2011, 01:32 AM
If Arian Forster is above Charles ill punt a small baby. Charles was THE best runningback last year.

Well, get your baby-punting boots on...

Pioli Zombie
06-13-2011, 05:35 AM
Brett Favre will be #1.

BigMeatballDave
06-13-2011, 09:34 AM
Overall, I haven't had much of a problem with these rankings. Until now. JC at 33 is a travesty.

If Cassel is on this list... LMAO

BigMeatballDave
06-13-2011, 09:39 AM
Well, no one ever said the players were smart.

Pasta Giant Meatball
06-13-2011, 07:24 PM

4 RB's ranked higher than Jamaal on the list including Foster.

Pasta Giant Meatball
06-13-2011, 07:35 PM
I'm also pretty sure that Maurice Jones Drew is on here as well higher than Charles LMAO Really, who would take MJD over Charles? The fans had Jamaal ranked 48. Proof that alot of dumb son of a bitches watch the NFL. McNabb even being on this list and Big Ben only being 41 proves how big of a joke this list is.

KurtCobain
06-13-2011, 07:39 PM
4 RB's ranked higher than Jamaal on the list including Foster.

wtf lame

Detoxing
06-13-2011, 07:50 PM
I'm also pretty sure that Maurice Jones Drew is on here as well higher than Charles LMAO Really, who would take MJD over Charles? The fans had Jamaal ranked 48. Proof that alot of dumb son of a bitches watch the NFL. McNabb even being on this list and Big Ben only being 41 proves how big of a joke this list is.

I'm so sick of hearing about MJD. He has to be the most overrated back in the history of runningbacks. FFS, he's higher than Charles?

No respect I tell ya, no respect.

I honestly thought Charles would be top 15.

Detoxing
06-13-2011, 07:50 PM
wtf lame

Lemme guess..

Arian Foster
Adrian Peterson
Chris Johnson
MJD

MahiMike
06-13-2011, 07:56 PM
I'm so sick of hearing about MJD. He has to be the most overrated back in the history of runningbacks. FFS, he's higher than Charles?

No respect I tell ya, no respect.

I honestly thought Charles would be top 15.

U can't be serious. MJD IS the entire offense. U think Herm's offenses were bad? He really is good dude.

bowener
06-13-2011, 11:54 PM
Video link (http://www.nfl.com/videos/auto/09000d5d8204045f/Top-100-Jamaal-Charles)

Three7s
06-13-2011, 11:56 PM
Lemme guess..

Arian Foster
Adrian Peterson
Chris Johnson
MJD
Yep. I can see CJ and AP, and maybe Arian, but MJD should be where Charles is right now.

BigRock
06-14-2011, 12:34 AM
Yep. I can see CJ and AP, and maybe Arian, but MJD should be where Charles is right now.

Foster over Charles is a much bigger slight than Jones-Drew over Charles. Foster had one year. Charles has rushed for 1,000 yards in back to back seasons.

That alone should give Charles the nod, to say nothing of the fact that if Charles had as many carries as Foster did last season, he would have beaten Foster's rushing total by about 500 yards.

SNR
06-14-2011, 01:12 AM
The voting is done by players.

We'll see how this vote looks next year after Charles opens every single defender's mouth and shit's down his throat

OnTheWarpath58
06-14-2011, 08:06 AM
The voting is done by players.

We'll see how this vote looks next year after Charles opens every single defender's mouth and shit's down his throat

And even then, who cares?

I've never seen a group of grown men get so butthurt over something that has no bearing on ANYTHING.

Top 100 lists, Power Rankings, HC Rankings, Loudest Stadium Lists, Pro Bowls - who gives a shit? They are wholly subjective and mostly a big jerkoff popularity contest.

Who cares if he makes the list at all? All we should care about is him staying healthy should there be NFL football in 2011, and him being as productive (or more) as he was last year.

All that matters is what happens between the white lines on gameday. The rest of it is filler.

Pasta Giant Meatball
06-14-2011, 08:22 AM
Meh, it's an NFL discussion board and a football related topic to bitch over. No worse than a group of grown men acting like toddlers when the guy they wanted doesn't get picked. No, instead let's get back to talking about the shit we all took yesterday afternoon ;)