PDA

View Full Version : Food and Drink Dessert Warfare: Round 1, Match 9

Rain Man
04-28-2011, 11:18 AM
Special Draft-Day Edition!

Rain Man
04-28-2011, 11:26 AM
Coconut Macaroons vs. Watergate Salad

I had to look up what Watergate salad is. It may be fine, but give me a coconut macaroon on this fine day.

Peanut brittle vs. Rainbow Sorbet

Peanut brittle is the spawn of hell. Who eats that stuff? Seriously. It's putrid. Rainbow sorbet is good so I'll vote for that.

Bananas Foster vs. Homemade Gooseberry Cobbler (served hot w/a dollop of vanilla ice cream)

I've never had gooseberry cobbler and am curious about it. I like bananas foster, though, so which one should I go for? On this fine day I'll reward my curiosity and give the gooseberry a try.

Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream vs. Watermelon

Who doesn't like homemade ice cream? Great stuff. But I also love watermelon. Both of these desserts bring back childhood memories of summer. Give me watermelon just because it's healthier, because otherwise this is a tie.

Blueberry Yogurt with Frosted Flakes vs. Lemon Meringue Pie

I like blueberry yogurt and I like frosted flakes, but if one person picks that over lemon meringue pie I'm going to start breaking furniture. Lemon meringue pie is everything a man could want.

Dicky McElephant
04-28-2011, 11:27 AM
Coconut Macaroons
Rainbow Sorbet
Bananas Foster
Watermelon
Lemon Meringue Pie

Amnorix
04-28-2011, 11:36 AM
You put your personal favorite of lemon meringue pie against some disgusting cereal blueberry yogurt thing? Fix!! FIX!!!!

Rain Man
04-28-2011, 11:39 AM
You put your personal favorite of lemon meringue pie against some disgusting cereal blueberry yogurt thing? Fix!! FIX!!!!

Unless it's key lime pie, lemon meringue pie's opponent is irrelevant. It's only a matter of curiosity to see if the other option will get a vote.

blaise
04-28-2011, 11:44 AM
Watermelon makes me think it's a trick parents play on kids. "Hey, we're having desert! No, wait, this is just fruit. Where's the pie?"

patteeu
04-28-2011, 04:18 PM
Coconut Macaroons - I like coconut and I don't usually like fruit salads so this was an easy one even though cookies aren't at the top of my dessert list.

Peanut brittle - Neither of these appeal to me that much, but I like peanuts so brittle it is.

Bananas Foster - Easy choice. Good stuff.

Watermelon - I like both of these a lot, but I figure there are plenty of other chances to vote for ice cream in this poll and this is probably watermelon's only real, unadulterated entry.

Lemon Meringue Pie - Yogurt with corn flakes sounds like something you'd trick a kid into eating. Give me the traditional lemon meringue pie, please.

patteeu
04-28-2011, 04:21 PM
Watermelon makes me think it's a trick parents play on kids. "Hey, we're having desert! No, wait, this is just fruit. Where's the pie?"

Wow, what a coincidence that the "trick parents play on kids" card would be played twice in the same thread. Honest to goodness, I posted mine before reading yours.

Rain Man
04-29-2011, 10:47 AM
Watergate, brittle, gooseberry, watermelon, and yogurt take the losses.