PDA

View Full Version : U.S. Issues Another Obama facepalm

mlyonsd
04-28-2011, 04:46 PM
Double Billing

President Obama lamented the costs of hospital reimbursements during a town hall last week. He suggested Medicare has to pay twice if a patient gets sick because of a hospital mistake both for the original treatment and the fix -- quote -- "Let's say [the hospital] didn't do a very good job, or you got sick in the hospital, and you are readmitted and you have to be treated again... Medicare then gets billed for the second operation."

Actually, Medicare no longer covers such hospital mistakes. Republicans passed a measure in 2005 that included a requirement forcing hospitals to foot the bill for preventable conditions, mistakes and infections resulting from a hospital stay.

When that bill, that piece of legislation, went to the Senate, then-Senator Obama voted no. But, it was approved and is now law.

http://www.foxnews.com/on-air/special-report/transcript/massachusetts-labor-pains

morphius
04-28-2011, 05:08 PM
Is this where I need to tell you to stop being a racist?

jjjayb
04-28-2011, 05:25 PM

Only if you are the American media complex.

blaise
04-28-2011, 05:51 PM

Bush was never nit picked like this.

mlyonsd
04-28-2011, 06:10 PM
Is this where I need to tell you to stop being a racist?Sorry morph.....don't ban me. Please don't ban me.

Chiefspants
04-28-2011, 11:00 PM
Hey, he's a citizen, though, so....wait, you mean to tell me that this issue had nothing to do with Obama's policies?

Woe is me.

Iowanian
04-29-2011, 09:23 AM
What's important is the rest of the speech where he suggested that he wanted such as to give maps to the Iraq and such as to the africas too.