PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Who do you want in the 2nd round?

Frankie
04-28-2011, 10:25 PM
I haven't hidden my man-love (;))for Brooks Reed. But he won't be there in the late 2nd. Do you guys think someone like Sam Acho will be there when we pick next?

Bump
04-28-2011, 10:26 PM
Dalton

Chiefnj2
04-28-2011, 10:27 PM
DaQuan Bowers

Frankie
04-28-2011, 10:28 PM
Dalton

I don't think they'll get anyone to threaten Cassel. Not this year at least. If Stanzi is available with our 2nd 3 they just might get him.

KCrockaholic
04-28-2011, 10:38 PM
IDK but there will be plenty of talent still...Maybe Ayers if he's there. We'll see. The 1st round was CRAZY

AndChiefs
04-28-2011, 10:39 PM
I don't want Acho. He doesn't really impress me.

nychief
04-28-2011, 10:42 PM
the NT from Hampton....

Nightfyre
04-28-2011, 10:42 PM
Mallett

DA_T_84
04-28-2011, 10:43 PM
Torrey Smith.

Rain Man
04-28-2011, 10:43 PM
1. OLB Bruce Carter
2. DE Da'Quan Bowers
3. WR Jerrell Jernigan
4. QB Andy Dalton
5. WR Torrey Smith
6. WR Leonard Hankerson
7. OLB Akeem Ayers
8. OLB Brooks Reed now that I know who he is
9. DT Stephen Paea
10. C Stefan Wisniewski even though his father is scum.

Nightfyre
04-28-2011, 10:44 PM
I'm telling you all right now, Mallett with two years grooming under Zorn could be epic. Super high upside.

Frankie
04-28-2011, 10:45 PM
I don't want Acho. He doesn't really impress me.

Impresses me more than Akeem Ayers. Plus we will have the "African Pliers" pass rush.

Seriously though I have heard many good things about him recently on draft shows.

Frankie
the NT from Hampton....

Name?

MIAdragon
I'm telling you all right now, Mallett with two years grooming under Zorn could be epic. Super high upside.

heard his middle name is Leaf, pass.

Rausch
04-28-2011, 10:46 PM
Sam Acho, Rodney Hudson, Jerrel Powe.

Frankie
04-28-2011, 10:46 PM
DaQuan Bowers

Bowers is probably gonna be a FA, sadly.

Direckshun
04-28-2011, 10:47 PM
I'll take a great center or good SOLB.

BigCatDaddy
04-28-2011, 10:48 PM
Name?

Kendrick Ellis

Frankie
04-28-2011, 10:52 PM
Sam Acho, Rodney Hudson, Jerrel Powe.

I like Powe too and have a feeling the Chiefs do too. But we might be able to get him in the 3rd, IMO.

Saul Good
04-28-2011, 10:52 PM
Thanks for the tag, Frankie. I'm touched.

Frankie
04-28-2011, 10:54 PM
Thanks for the tag, Frankie. I'm touched.

What?? :shrug:

Frankie
04-28-2011, 11:01 PM
What are our remaining draft positions? I lost track.

notorious
04-28-2011, 11:03 PM
heard his middle name is Leaf, pass.

This.

Mallett is Derek Anderson.

Saul Good
04-28-2011, 11:04 PM
What?? :shrug:

The "frankielovessaulgood" tag. I just assumed it was you.

go bowe
04-28-2011, 11:04 PM
What are our remaining draft positions? I lost track.well let's see...

there's doggy, cowgirl style, table top, back seat, and the old favorite, missionary...

but i think we have even more positions to come...

DA_T_84
04-28-2011, 11:07 PM
mmmm..... Daniel Thomas???

Get a Center in the 3rd, and good luck stopping us on Offense (unless Cassel goes fucktard).

Our Red Zone is so gross if we get a strong RB.

Frankie
04-28-2011, 11:08 PM
The "frankielovessaulgood" tag. I just assumed it was you.

No it wasn't. But I love you anyway man.:crybaby:

KevB
04-28-2011, 11:08 PM
I'll take Austin or Wiesnewski in the 2nd --- solidify the middle of one our our lines of scrimmmage.

Frosty
04-28-2011, 11:09 PM
Paea

Frankie
04-28-2011, 11:09 PM
well let's see...

there's doggy, cowgirl style, table top, back seat, and the old favorite, missionary...

but i think we have even more positions to come...

Naughty naughty, Mr. go bowe.

BTW, are you gonna change your name to go baldwin?

Mecca
04-28-2011, 11:10 PM
Akeem Ayers.

KurtCobain
04-28-2011, 11:10 PM
Acho.

Frosty
04-28-2011, 11:12 PM
Acho.

gesundheit

Rausch
04-28-2011, 11:17 PM
I like Powe too and have a feeling the Chiefs do too. But we might be able to get him in the 3rd, IMO.

I thought the same about our 1st round pick.

Figured him mid 2nd to early 3rd...

Chiefaholic
04-28-2011, 11:18 PM
Ayers opposite Hali would be awsome

Mr. Laz
04-28-2011, 11:21 PM
Paea

The Bad Guy
04-28-2011, 11:25 PM
A former scout just tweeted that an NFL team gave him some info about Ellis that sheds an entirely different light on him. They said if the info is true, wouldn't shock them if he falls out of the draft all together.

JASONSAUTO
04-28-2011, 11:27 PM
A former scout just tweeted that an NFL team gave him some info about Ellis that sheds an entirely different light on him. They said if the info is true, wouldn't shock them if he falls out of the draft all together.
Wow. wtf could that be about?
Posted via Mobile Device

KCrockaholic
04-28-2011, 11:28 PM

Did he kill an entire family in Russia?

L.A. Chieffan
ayers for sure

Mecca
I love Marvin Austins talent but on our team he's an end.

The Bad Guy
Wow. wtf could that be about?
Posted via Mobile Device

No idea. Guy didn't say what it was, just that it was pretty damaging.

KCrockaholic
04-28-2011, 11:29 PM
Paea

Yes, this too.

Mecca
04-28-2011, 11:29 PM
I'll hope for Ayers and Powe but I won't hold my breath.

Rausch
04-28-2011, 11:30 PM
Did he kill an entire family in Russia?

No $3it.

TO banged his sister and didn't get beyond day 2...

Count Alex's Losses
04-28-2011, 11:32 PM
Torrey Smith.

Yeah.

Fuck it. Let's go all out on the WR corps.

Willie Lanier
Jabaal Sheard. He has limitless potential

eazyb81

Maybe he banged his sister like that one prospect a year or so ago.

:hmmm:

Mecca
04-28-2011, 11:33 PM
I might consider Dontay Moch rare talent like that has a place.

Frosty
04-28-2011, 11:38 PM
I might consider Dontay Moch rare talent like that has a place.

I bet he doesn't get past the Raiders.

MahiMike
04-28-2011, 11:39 PM
DaQuan Bowers

Really shocked he's still there. I expected GB to take him at least.

Mecca
04-28-2011, 11:41 PM
Really shocked he's still there. I expected GB to take him at least.

His knee must be severely fucked that's all I can think at this point.

BossChief
04-28-2011, 11:46 PM
Id take Wisnewski.

That pick alone would allow us to have a solid running game inside the tackles and short yardage.

Mr. Laz
04-28-2011, 11:46 PM
Kyle Rudolph

:p

2 wr
2 te
1 RB

Bowe
Baldwin
Moeaki
Rudolph
Charles

Count Alex's Losses
04-28-2011, 11:47 PM
Id take Wisnewski.

That pick alone would allow us to have a solid running game inside the tackles and short yardage.

Down with this.

Offense could be fucking sicknasty.

Frankie
04-28-2011, 11:47 PM
What are our remaining draft positions? I lost track.

Never mind I found out.

I like to see the rest of the draft go down something like this:

2- Sam Acho, 34 OLB
3a- Jerrell Powe, NT
3b- Jah Reid, OT (or Ricky Stanzi, QB)
4- Greg Salas, Slot receiver
5a- T.J. Yates, QB (If Stanzi was not taken before)
5b- Derek Newton, OT (or Tim Barnes, C)
6- Zane Taylor, C (or Best RB available, if Tim Barnes is picked at 5b)
7- Bilal Powel, RB

What do y'all think?

keg in kc
04-28-2011, 11:48 PM
I think the real value of the baldwin pick, paired with the acquisition of 70, is that it gives us a lot of freedom with the next three, not necessarily having to lock on a certain position (not that I thought they'd do that anyway, after last year's second round). I have no idea who they're going to take, though. I just hope at some point we see a center and a nose. I'm hoping Cameron Sheffield recovers and becomes the new OLB we need.

Chiefshrink
04-28-2011, 11:51 PM
Anybody think we will trade up from our 55th pick?

Dicky McElephant
04-28-2011, 11:53 PM
Paea

This would be awesome.

Chiefshrink
04-28-2011, 11:54 PM
I'm hoping Cameron Sheffield recovers and becomes the new OLB we need.

How we address OLB pos will tell us alot about how Sheffield is coming along:thumb:

Chiefshrink
04-28-2011, 11:57 PM
This would be awesome.

Isn't Paea somewhat undersized to be our NT? I get that he has alot of heart and is stronger than hell but I'm afraid he won't beat the douible team.

ChiefMojo
04-28-2011, 11:59 PM
Reach a little for Powe late in the 2nd (we can't miss out on a NT like Powe by waiting) and then get a OLB like Martez Wilson early in the 3rd.

Frosty
04-28-2011, 11:59 PM
Isn't Paea somewhat undersized to be our NT? I get that he has alot of heart and is stronger than hell but I'm afraid he won't beat the douible team.

He would be more of a penetrating NT than a eat up the blockers type of NT. Probably doesn't fit Crennel's scheme but I can dream.

ChiefMojo
04-29-2011, 12:05 AM
Paea fits more in the mold of the Cowboys 3-4 like Ratliff. Someone like Powe or Ellis fit more of the mold of big 2-gap NT's the Crennel 3-4 use (Vince Wilfork).

Chiefshrink
04-29-2011, 12:06 AM
Something tells me since Haley wants to pass more and was spoiled in AZ with Fitz,Boldin and Breaston, I bet we take another WR in the 2nd.

Imagine Bowe,Baldwin,and Hankerson,or Smith.

This is why I thought we might trade up for these guys but maybe they will fall to 55 but Hankerson probably wont.

Nightfyre
04-29-2011, 12:10 AM
Package our thirds to move back into the second round and come away with Wisniewski and Ayers. In the fourth take USC's Casey or ND's Williams or Fua... That would be the needs approach.

blazzin311
04-29-2011, 12:13 AM
Since the draft is really such a crapshoot as far as predicting who gets drafted where here's my wish list of avail. players after briefly skimming who's still on the board. I'd be happy if the Chiefs ended up with any combination of these players over rounds two and three.

Ryan Mallet, QB - Arkansas *
Andy Dalton, QB - TCU *
Colin Kaepernick, QB - Nevada
Ricky Stanzi, QB - Iowa
Daniel Thomas, RB - KSU *
Rodney Hudson, C - Fla. St. *
Stefen Wisniewski, C/OG - Penn St. *
Alex Linnenkohl, C - Ore. St.
Orlando Franklin, OG - Miami *
Clint Boling, OG - UGA
Marcus Cannon, OT - TCU
Demarcus Love, OG - Arkansas
John Moffitt, OG - Wisc. *
James Brewer, OT - Indiana
Joseph Barksdale, OT - LSU *
Stephen Paea, DT - Ore. St. *
Kenrick Ellis, DT - Hampton *
Jerrell Powe, DT, - Mississippi *
Jarvis Jenkins, DT - Clemson
Greg Romeus, DE/LB - Pitt.
Jabaal Sheard, DE/LB - Pitt.
Akeem Ayers, LB - UCLA *
Brooks Reed, LB - Ariz. *
Bruce Carter, LB - UNC *
Justin Houston, LB - UGA
Quan Sturdivant, LB - UNC *
Kelvin Sheppard, LB - LSU *
Mark Herzlich, LB - Bos Coll. *
Sam Acho, LB - Tex.
Mason Foster, LB - Wash. *
Greg Jones, LB - Mich. St.

CHENZ A!
04-29-2011, 12:13 AM
Did anyone pay attention last year? There is no way we come away with players at all of these positions of need.

Chiefshrink
04-29-2011, 12:14 AM
Package our thirds to move back into the second round and come away with Wisniewski and Ayers. In the fourth take USC's Casey or ND's Williams or Fua... That would be the needs approach.

:thumb:

Nightfyre
04-29-2011, 12:15 AM
Since the draft is really such a crapshoot as far as predicting who gets drafted where here's my wish list of avail. players after briefly skimming who's still on the board. I'd be happy if the Chiefs ended up with any combination of these players over rounds two and three.

Andy Dalton, QB - TCU *
Ricky Stanzi, QB - Iowa
Clint Boling, OG - UGA
Marcus Cannon, OT - TCU
Akeem Ayers, LB - UCLA *
Bruce Carter, LB - UNC *
Justin Houston, LB - UGA
Sam Acho, LB - Tex.

Easy to please, this one. heheh

Frankie
04-29-2011, 12:16 AM
Something tells me since Haley wants to pass more and was spoiled in AZ with Fitz,Boldin and Breaston, I bet we take another WR in the 2nd.

This is why I have Salas in my quick rest-of-the-draft mock. He's supposed to be pretty good for slot.

evolve27
04-29-2011, 12:16 AM

Andy Dalton, QB - TCU *
Ricky Stanzi, QB - Iowa
Clint Boling, OG - UGA
Marcus Cannon, OT - TCU
Akeem Ayers, LB - UCLA *
Bruce Carter, LB - UNC *
Justin Houston, LB - UGA
Sam Acho, LB - Tex.

Nice. I like.

Chiefshrink
04-29-2011, 12:17 AM
This is why I have Salas in my quick rest-of-the-draft mock. He's supposed to be pretty good for slot.

Excellent route runner and great hands:thumb:

keg in kc
04-29-2011, 12:17 AM
I think that's actually a valid point. There was a point weeks (months?) back where there was some discussion that Haley wanted to run the ball even more going forward, that the offense was going to be more conservative. I think Baldwin's pick ends that. You don't draft a 1st round WR to be a blocker (although he will be required to block...)

Not sure about another WR, though. I'm not yet sold on the idea that they're turning McCluster into a back.

Nightfyre
04-29-2011, 12:19 AM
We needed additional receiving threats to remove defenders from the box. Use the run to set up the pass to set up the run if you will.

Chiefshrink
Just imagine if Pioli put a fire under Cassel's ass and drafted Dalton. :thumb:

Just dreamin and I know it won't happen but it would definitely send a message to Cassel. But Pioli probably draft a QB late or just sign a decent FA bu.

CHENZ A!
I have absolutely no problem going WR again early tomorrow. I say BPA regardless.

KC Tattoo
04-29-2011, 12:21 AM
I'd be most happy if we got Andy Dalton, doubt it but would love it.

blazzin311
04-29-2011, 12:22 AM
Easy to please, this one. heheh

Lol. I know perhaps I'm asking a bit much, but after such a good start to the draft Pioli's got my hopes up a bit for this thing to continue in the same fashion it started. Those are just the players I like at this point. I've I were drafting and the board fell my way, from the list I gave, I'd be happy with any of the players I put an * next to.

Rain Man
04-29-2011, 12:23 AM
Bruce Carter, LB - UNC *

Oh, yeah. Good call.

Chiefshrink
04-29-2011, 12:23 AM
I think that's actually a valid point. There was a point weeks (months?) back where there was some discussion that Haley wanted to run the ball even more going forward, that the offense was going to be more conservative. I think Baldwin's pick ends that. You don't draft a 1st round WR to be a blocker (although he will be required to block...)

Not sure about another WR, though. I'm not yet sold on the idea that they're turning McCluster into a back.

You are right and I think Haley's comment was a bluff and they had Baldwin targeted all along:thumb: We traded down because Pioli wanted another pick for possibly a pkg trade up for tomorrow IMO. I think we trade up from 55.

Chocolate Hog
04-29-2011, 12:25 AM
Jabaal Sheard please.

blazzin311
04-29-2011, 12:26 AM

What about like a Dane Sanzenbacher from Ohio St. in Rd. 5 or something depending on how the board falls. This would still give KC plenty of options to air it out like Haley's days in Ariz. Bowe, Baldwin, Moeaki, Sanzenbacher, Charles, T. Jones, McCluster, V. Tucker. Now the reason I mention Sanzenbacher is I think he would provide Pioli his own perfect little version of Wes Welker for KC's offense. Good route runner, good hands and is fearless, willing to go over the middle and make the tough catch. Cassel would love him.

Jethopper
04-29-2011, 12:27 AM
Im a huge KSU homer, but Daniel Thomas is painfully slow and carries the ball like a loaf of bread

Chiefs=Good
04-29-2011, 12:28 AM
Ayers in the 2nd would be great value. a qb who isnt a sauce head would also be great

keg in kc
04-29-2011, 12:32 AM
I would actually love the idea of another QB, but not to motivate Cassel. Go with the idea that he's going to continue to improve and stay at a Pro Bowl level, if there's a starting-calibre player in the early second, move up and take him, and you have a situation where you can having him starting in 1-2 years, and Cassel would (theoretically) have the highest trade value possible. Sort of a Brees/Rivers situation. Or at least the retarded little brother of the Brees/Rivers situation.

HotRoute
04-29-2011, 12:38 AM
OL, DL, or a RB

Saccopoo
04-29-2011, 12:48 AM
Impresses me more than Akeem Ayers. Plus we will have the "African Pliers" pass rush.

Seriously though I have heard many good things about him recently on draft shows.

Sam Acho in the second round and it's not even close.

Acho was not only the best player for the Longhorns in 2010, but also won the Campbell Trophy for the nation's top scholar athlete. Team captain. Won about every leadership and community award there is. Showed superb burst and athleticism at the combine, destroyed Carimi in the Senior Bowl, looked very fluid in pass drills at the combine and his pro day. Completely selfless, works his ass off, and has all the measurables. I think he's the best 3-4 OLB prospect in this draft when all things are considered.

I've said it before, but if there was ever a guy that defined "the right 53," this is the guy.

KurtCobain
04-29-2011, 12:59 AM

Acho was not only the best player for the Longhorns in 2010, but also won the Campbell Trophy for the nation's top scholar athlete. Team captain. Won about every leadership and community award there is. Showed superb burst and athleticism at the combine, destroyed Carimi in the Senior Bowl, looked very fluid in pass drills at the combine and his pro day. Completely selfless, works his ass off, and has all the measurables. I think he's the best 3-4 OLB prospect in this draft when all things are considered.

I've said it before, but if there was ever a guy that defined "the right 53," this is the guy.

this

DA_T_84
04-29-2011, 01:00 AM
haha if we turn around and go Torrey Smith, I will cry semen.

go bowe
04-29-2011, 01:25 AM
Naughty naughty, Mr. go bowe.

BTW, are you gonna change your name to go baldwin?
blasphemy!!!

Count Alex's Losses
04-29-2011, 07:07 AM

A nigerian and a liberian rushing the passer.

AFRICAN RAIDING PARTY

HATARI ON YOUR QUARTERBACK

the Talking Can
04-29-2011, 07:45 AM
Chiefs picks:

55. Ancho
70. NT
86. ? QB,WR,Tackle

Rob Rang has a new second round mock that has us taking Ancho.
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/story/15003713/second-round-mock-passers-pass-rushers-highlight-best-left

I'll give saccofbats his man here, sounds like a player.

For me the big questions are about where the NTs fall: Ellis and Powe

Does Ellis go in the second? (i doubt it now)
If so, we need to grab Powe with the 70th.
If both drop to the 3rd, which do we take?

other scenario, could we trade up for Ayers or Reed?
how bad do we want a center?

the Talking Can
04-29-2011, 07:53 AM
and if we were going to draft another WR, who would best compliment Bowe and Baldwin?

hypothetical (Teicher talking about it right now on 610, thinks they draft another one)

DaKCMan AP
04-29-2011, 08:03 AM
My Chiefs board going into round 2 (not in order):

Da'Quan Bowers
Justin Houston
Akeem Ayers
Stephen Paea
Jurrell Casey
Ryan Mallett
Brooks Reed
Marvin Austin
Andy Dalton
Colin Kaepernick

I see a run on DBs in round 2 which is good for us.

DaKCMan AP
04-29-2011, 08:08 AM
and if we were going to draft another WR, who would best compliment Bowe and Baldwin?

hypothetical (Teicher talking about it right now on 610, thinks they draft another one)

Titus Young, Jerrel Jernigan, Vincent Brown, Dane Sanzenbacher

MOhillbilly
04-29-2011, 08:33 AM
Give me defense or give me death.

Chiefnj2
04-29-2011, 08:36 AM
After passing on Cody 2x last year, passing on Taylor this year, and a host of lesser players last year, I wonder what KC is looking for in a NT.

RUSH
04-29-2011, 08:40 AM
I don't think the FO should get cute here and I hope they just take powe in the 2nd if he's there. We need him badly and shouldn't risk that he falls to the 3rd.

patteeu
04-29-2011, 08:47 AM

Intentional?

BigCatDaddy
04-29-2011, 09:02 AM
After passing on Cody 2x last year, passing on Taylor this year, and a host of lesser players last year, I wonder what KC is looking for in a NT.

I have to think Powell or Ellis today.

El Jefe
04-29-2011, 09:14 AM

Intriguing, Acho was a player I really didn't know much about, thanks for the information.

Nightfyre
04-29-2011, 09:18 AM
Intentional?

I wish I could claim it was.... ROFL

MIAdragon
04-29-2011, 09:26 AM
Titus Young, Jerrel Jernigan, Vincent Brown, Dane Sanzenbacher

What about that kid out of Miami, Hankerson?

El Jefe
04-29-2011, 09:28 AM

Nope, he won't make it out of the second round.

DaKCMan AP
04-29-2011, 10:40 AM

No. I like Hankerson, but don't see him as complementary to Bowe and Baldwin.The guys I listed would fit in the slot and offer abilities different from what we have in our two projected starters.

Mr. Laz
04-29-2011, 10:51 AM
i dunno ... this organization sort of has a 2nd round curse. I'm just going to cross my fingers and hope our pick just doesn't suck.

Dicky McElephant
04-29-2011, 10:54 AM
Justin Houston
Akeem Ayers
Stephen Paea
Jurrell Casey
Ryan Mallett
Brooks Reed
Andy Dalton

These

milkman
04-29-2011, 10:58 AM

Imagine Bowe,Baldwin,and Hankerson,or Smith.

This is why I thought we might trade up for these guys but maybe they will fall to 55 but Hankerson probably wont.

I don't believe the selection of Baldwin in any way indicates that Haley plans on passing more, and that talking about running the ball is any kind of smoke screen.

The Chiefs WR corps, outside of Bowe, was absolutely horrendous.
Might be the worst group of receivers in league history.

That was a pick where value and talent met need.

Nothing more.

Frankie
04-29-2011, 11:01 AM

Thanks. I feel better now about my choice.

KC native
04-29-2011, 11:02 AM
Give me the ginger. I want to keep cheering for dalton. So makeit happen pioli

Rain Man
04-29-2011, 11:02 AM
In doing some research, I think we should also consider Bruce Carter.

Coogs
04-29-2011, 11:04 AM
Personally, I would like to see us trade the #70 pick and maybe our 4th rounder to move up into the middle of the 2nd if we can.

Then, I would like to see us come away with

Hudson Center
Cobb Slot Receiver

Powe in the 3rd

DaKCMan AP
04-29-2011, 11:05 AM
In doing some research, I think we should also consider Bruce Carter.

Damaged goods.

Frankie
04-29-2011, 11:08 AM
Give me the ginger. I want to keep cheering for dalton. So makeit happen pioli

I dunno. I'm more of a Mary Ann guy myself.

Detoxing
04-29-2011, 11:09 AM
Id take Wisnewski.

This.

Then I'd find our OLB in the early third or even trade back up into the 2nd. Everything would be copacetic and just icing on the cake from their on back.

Rain Man
04-29-2011, 11:12 AM
Damaged goods.

Beh. He'll be fine and we're getting him for a bargain price.

Rain Man
04-29-2011, 11:14 AM
http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2011-04-28/unc-linebacker-bruce-carter-could-make-surprise-rise-into-round-1

Meanwhile, UNC outside linebacker Bruce Carter has flown largely under the radar since tearing his left ACL late in the 2010 season. Before the injury, Carter was regarded as an elite prospect. Over the past month, however, we have heard that he has passed many team physicals and is expected to be 100 percent for the 2011 season.

As a result, we are hearing he could be the surprise pick in today's first round. Since the injury, he has been regarded by most draft experts as a second-round pick who could even slide into the third. The favorable health report gives him a shot at slipping into Round 1.

Chief Roundup
04-29-2011, 11:15 AM
Akeem Ayers, Stephen Paea, Martez Wilson, Bruce Carter, Casey Matthews. Any of these guys would fill a position of need. And if Matthews is anything like the rest of the his bloodline it would hard not to take him with our next pick.

DaKCMan AP
04-29-2011, 11:16 AM
Beh. He'll be fine and we're getting him for a bargain price.

In the 3rd. I'm wary of drafting a guy in the 2nd round who tore his ACL in November when his strengths were his athleticism (speed, side-to-side transition, explosion).

DaKCMan AP
04-29-2011, 11:18 AM
http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2011-04-28/unc-linebacker-bruce-carter-could-make-surprise-rise-into-round-1

Meanwhile, UNC outside linebacker Bruce Carter has flown largely under the radar since tearing his left ACL late in the 2010 season. Before the injury, Carter was regarded as an elite prospect. Over the past month, however, we have heard that he has passed many team physicals and is expected to be 100 percent for the 2011 season.

As a result, we are hearing he could be the surprise pick in today's first round. Since the injury, he has been regarded by most draft experts as a second-round pick who could even slide into the third. The favorable health report gives him a shot at slipping into Round 1.

TSN is a joke.

Rain Man
04-29-2011, 11:19 AM
TSN is a joke.

It supports my position, so therefore it is one of the top news organizations in teh world.

Frankie
04-29-2011, 11:25 AM
Akeem Ayers, Stephen Paea, Martez Wilson, Bruce Carter, Casey Matthews. Any of these guys would fill a position of need. And if Matthews is anything like the rest of the his bloodline it would hard not to take him with our next pick.

He's not. Don't let the long hair fool you.

Chief Roundup
04-29-2011, 11:29 AM
He's not. Don't let the long hair fool you.

LOL

Frosty
04-29-2011, 11:32 AM
NT and C are the teams biggest needs now so I am hoping that is where they are focused.

Normally I am all about BPA but it is clear that the lack of FA this year has affected this draft for most of the teams (fair amount of reaching going on yesterday). Hopefully the value will line up with the Chiefs' needs.

philfree
04-29-2011, 11:32 AM
So are we going to go offense two picks in a row? In our last couple of losses our O line and lack of recievers killed us. Well we've addressed half of that so now what? Rodney Hudson C Florida State?

We could always take a 3rd and a 5th and trade up and pick one of the DE/OLBs that fit our D.

PhilFree:arrow:

Otter
04-29-2011, 11:33 AM
Stefen Wisniewski

and/or a true NT

ChiTown
04-29-2011, 11:35 AM
Personally, I would like to see us trade the #70 pick and maybe our 4th rounder to move up into the middle of the 2nd if we can.

Then, I would like to see us come away with

Hudson Center
Cobb Slot Receiver

Powe in the 3rd

With the way this draft is going, I think Hudson could slip to the 3rd. I think there is going to be a run on CB/WR/LB in the 2nd round - as well as the remaining top 3 QB's going (Mallett, Dalton and Kapernick). If not, then I would really contemplate taking Hudson with #55, but would rather have him at 70.

At #55, if Justin Houston happens to slip, well Fucking A, he's a no-brainer to take Vrabel's place. If not, I'm good with looking at Paea at DT

DaKCMan AP
04-29-2011, 11:39 AM
With the way this draft is going, I think Hudson could slip to the 3rd. I think there is going to be a run on CB/WR/LB in the 2nd round - as well as the remaining top 3 QB's going (Mallett, Dalton and Kapernick). If not, then I would really contemplate taking Hudson with #55, but would rather have him at 70.

At #55, if Justin Houston happens to slip, well Fucking A, he's a no-brainer to take Vrabel's place. If not, I'm good with looking at Paea at DT

This. Plus, I don't think Hudson is really round 2 material. Houston or Ayers.

I see a huge run on DBs.

12 D-linemen, TWELVE, went in the first round. After Bowers, Paea, Casey, and Austin go I think it'll slow a little. Would also love to see Paea or Casey slip to #55.

ChiTown
04-29-2011, 11:42 AM

I see a huge run on DBs.

12 D-linemen, TWELVE, went in the first round. After Bowers, Paea, Casey, and Austin go I think it'll slow a little. Would also love to see Paea or Casey slip to #55.

Hopefully, Houston smoked just enough weed to fall to us at #55:evil:

Dicky McElephant
04-29-2011, 11:43 AM

I see a huge run on DBs.

Someone has already mentioned it....but I wouldn't mind taking one of our 3rds and a later pick....and moving up into the 2nd round. I'd love to come out of the 2nd with Acho and Paea.

Saccopoo
04-29-2011, 11:49 AM
Chiefs picks:

55. Ancho
70. NT
86. ? QB,WR,Tackle

Rob Rang has a new second round mock that has us taking Ancho.
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/story/15003713/second-round-mock-passers-pass-rushers-highlight-best-left

I'll give saccofbats his man here, sounds like a player.

For me the big questions are about where the NTs fall: Ellis and Powe

Does Ellis go in the second? (i doubt it now)
If so, we need to grab Powe with the 70th.
If both drop to the 3rd, which do we take?

I've never liked Ellis as a prospect. Powe would be a solid round three pick though.

The guy I really like is Chris Neild. Team leader and is an absolute monster against the run. He looks like a clone of current Bills NT Kyle Williams.

other scenario, could we trade up for Ayers or Reed?

I don't think either gives you anything over Acho and arguably less. (Not really even arguably. Acho has better measurables, better actual on-the-field production, and is, without question, the best "leadership/standup guy/solid citizen" in this draft.)

how bad do we want a center?

Pretty bad.

Potential draft from here on out?:

2. Sam Acho, OLB/DE; Texas
3. Clint Boling, OT; Georgia
3. Austin Pettis, WR; Boise State
4. Jeremy Beal, LB; Oklahoma (move him inside)
5. Chris Neild, DT; West Virginia
5. Zane Taylor, C; Utah
6. Roy Helu, RB; Nebraska
7. Derek Hall, OT; Stanford

milkman
04-29-2011, 11:50 AM
I dunno. I'm more of a Mary Ann guy myself.

Hey Frankie.

We found something to agree on!

Otter
04-29-2011, 11:51 AM
Hey Frankie.

We found something to agree on!

Get a room you two!

Micjones
04-29-2011, 11:54 AM
Justin Houston, Akeem Ayers, Da'Quan Bowers, Kenrick Ellis, Jerrell Powe or Ryan Mallett.

Coogs
04-29-2011, 11:54 AM
This. Plus, I don't think Hudson is really round 2 material.

Here is Rob Rang's take in his updated 2nd round mock at CbsSportsline today...

45. San Francisco: Rodney Hudson, C, Florida State
The 49ers address their hole at center with Hudson, the most gifted player at the position in this draft.

And here is the NFLDraftCountdown write up on Cobb...

http://www.draftcountdown.com/ScoutingReports/WR/Randall-Cobb.php

Frosty
04-29-2011, 11:55 AM
Would also love to see Paea or Casey slip to #55.

I would JIMP if the Chiefs took Paea. Been a long time since there was a Beaver on the Chiefs (and that was Jose Cortez :banghead:).

Chiefnj2
04-29-2011, 11:56 AM
After McCluster, Arenas, Magee, Washington and Brown, I'm not too wrapped up in the position that is filled, as long as it is a quality player.

Fritz88
04-29-2011, 11:59 AM
If we get an NT or a C then I'd

http://i.imgur.com/XJyGY.gif

KCrockaholic
04-29-2011, 12:03 PM
God I hope Justin Houston is still there in the late 2nd. That would be awesome. I'd be OK with Moch as well. Can't ignore the talent. Lord knows Crennel could make him special.

Cornstock
04-29-2011, 12:04 PM
I'm thinking he'll probably fall into the fourth round or further, but do you guys remember Mark Herzlich from Boston College a few years ago? He was an All-American linebacker and one of the most exciting playmakers I've seen before he was diagnosed with cancer. Now that it sounds like he's beaten it I think he would be a great pick (and quality person, as we know the Chiefs are out for) if he is a fraction of his old self.

Nightfyre
04-29-2011, 12:32 PM

I've never liked Ellis as a prospect. Powe would be a solid round three pick though.

The guy I really like is Chris Neild. Team leader and is an absolute monster against the run. He looks like a clone of current Bills NT Kyle Williams.

I don't think either gives you anything over Acho and arguably less. (Not really even arguably. Acho has better measurables, better actual on-the-field production, and is, without question, the best "leadership/standup guy/solid citizen" in this draft.)

Pretty bad.

5. Zane Taylor, C; Utah
I'm actually at a place where I can compromise with saccopoo:

2 mallett
3 jones, taiwan
3 powe
4 herzlich
5 taylor, zane
5 neild
6 rogers, justin
7 person, mike

I know I'm an fcs homer, but why not?

the Talking Can
04-29-2011, 12:44 PM

5. Zane Taylor, C; Utah

I can live with that...but I'd probably swap in Powe somewhere, myself, just out of NT anxiety and not being familiar with Neild

Baldwin, Pettis, Helu, Boling would be an impressive addition to the offense

amazing how much shiny-er one extra pick makes a draft look

Saccopoo
04-29-2011, 12:52 PM
I can live with that...but I'd probably swap in Powe somewhere, myself, just out of NT anxiety and not being familiar with Neild

Baldwin, Pettis, Helu, Boling would be an impressive addition to the offense

amazing how much shiny-er one extra pick makes a draft look

http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2011/0308/ncf_u_neild_ps_200.jpg

2010: A Three year starter for the Mountaineers and a first team All-BIG EAST selection this season. He recorded 35 tackles, four tackles for loss and three sacks in 2010 and was a part of a defensive unit that ranked first in the BIG EAST and third in the nation in total defense (261.1 ypg). Neild leaves West Virginia with 130 total tackles, 11 tackles for loss and six sacks...

When nearly every down requires you to take on more than one blocker at a time, it doesn't leave a lot of opportunities to make plays. That's a nose tackle's true duty --kill two birds with one stone and let loose the hounds of war. Chris Neild was masterful in those duties during his career at WVU, and was one of the linchpins in a defense that ranked among the nation's best in 2010. All of those sacks recorded? Neild helped facilitate them by taking bodies out of the equation. All of those turnovers? Helped to rush poor offensive decisions because of his frontal and lateral assault.

Proof that he's recognized by his peers and professionals is marked with a first team All-Big East selection his senior year, a second team All-Big East selection his junior year, a Senior Bowl invitation in January and an NFL combine invitation this past February. Though Mountaineer fans know Neild's name well, it's only now that he's beginning to get rightful recognition in other circles.

There are several former West Virginia football players who will be watching the NFL Draft with interest this weekend. Some could hear their names called, including defensive lineman Chris Neild.

While Robert Sands and Noel Devine will likely be selected ahead of him, Neild is probably the most NFL-ready of the bunch. At least that’s what WVU defensive line coach Bill Kirelawich has been telling NFL Scouts.

“He’s smart; he’s conscientious; he’s dependable. He has all those qualities of a guy who’s going to work hard for you. You’re never going to wonder where he is; in the offseason he’s always going to work hard,” said Kirelawich. “He has all the qualities of a ten to 12 year veteran, that’s what they’re getting when they get him.”

It seems like the NFL teams are starting to get the drift as Neild’s draft stock has risen since the end of the season. During the season it’s easy for the average fan to overlook Neild’s accomplishments. He had only 35 tackles (10th on the team) and three sacks last season. However, anyone who takes those stats at face value is missing a whole lot. Neild was the anchor of the Mountaineers’ third ranked defense, taking on two or three blockers, most downs freeing up linebackers J.T. Thomas and Anthony Leonard to make a combined 143 tackles last season.

the Talking Can
04-29-2011, 12:54 PM
http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2011/0308/ncf_u_neild_ps_200.jpg

i'll take it

Frosty
04-29-2011, 01:21 PM
I think OLB is a need but there is literally no one on the roster at center or NT (okay, Niswanger is still on the roster but he shouldn't count). Weigmann, Smith and Edwards are all free agents, IIRC.

philfree
04-29-2011, 01:25 PM
Out of the 32 players on Scout Incs big board 28 of them went in the 1st round. That's pretty strong IMO. I think I'll refer to their player rankings for the 2nd and 3rd rounds.

Players ranked between 51 and 64 should be in the wheel house. Some players who fall in that zone are Rodney Hudson C, Torrey Smith WR, Ryan Mallet QB, Will Rackley G, Mason Foster ILB, Colin Kapernick QB, Greg Little WR, Martez Wilson OLB, Kelvin Sheppard ILB.

I haven't seen him play but I like Mason Fosters profile. Anybody watch this guy?

MOhillbilly
04-29-2011, 02:50 PM
I would JIMP if the Chiefs took Paea. Been a long time since there was a Beaver on the Chiefs (and that was Jose Cortez :banghead:).

joe phillips?

Dicky McElephant
04-29-2011, 02:54 PM
Come on Paea.......

Mecca
04-29-2011, 02:55 PM
If we're really looking at another WR I'd lean to Randall Cobb he'd fit in real well with Bowe and Baldwin.

the Talking Can
04-29-2011, 02:55 PM
listening to 610

there are a shit ton of LBs available still

Ayers
Acho
Reed
Moch
Shear(? pittsburgh)
Houston

KCrockaholic
04-29-2011, 03:00 PM
listening to 610

Ayers
Acho
Reed
Moch
Shear(? pittsburgh)
Houston

I'll take any of those guys in the 2nd...I'm not a big fan of Brooks Reed though. He's a 4th round guy IMO.

Priest31kc
04-29-2011, 03:01 PM
listening to 610

Ayers
Acho
Reed
Moch
Shear(? pittsburgh)
Houston

Yeah...I really want an OLB in the 2nd...then a NT & OL in the 3rd.

Frankie
04-29-2011, 03:01 PM
Get a room you two!

Well,... if Mary Ann's there too...... :hmmm:

Nightfyre
04-29-2011, 03:03 PM
Why not see which of thos linebackers falls to the third... or take a chance on herzlich later in the draft.

Frankie
04-29-2011, 03:03 PM

I don't think the Chiefs like to line up a Johnson behind a Beaver.

Sofa King
04-29-2011, 03:05 PM
Yeah...I really want an OLB in the 2nd...then a NT & OL in the 3rd.

This

ChiTown
04-29-2011, 03:07 PM
This

If OL = Center, then, sign me up.

DaKCMan AP
04-29-2011, 03:15 PM
If we're really looking at another WR I'd lean to Randall Cobb he'd fit in real well with Bowe and Baldwin.

Cobb makes a hell of a lot more sense than people still wanting Hankerson or Torrey Smith or Greg Little.

Mecca
04-29-2011, 03:21 PM
Watch us take Kyle Rudolph.

Mr. Arrowhead
04-29-2011, 03:22 PM
what about Jernigan WR from Troy, he would be a pretty nice slot wr

philfree
04-29-2011, 03:32 PM

With Pioli's history it could happen. It might be what we'd want but Baldwing, Bowe, Moeaki and Rudolph on the field doesn't sound very easy to stop of we give Cassel any time to throw the ball.

DaKCMan AP
04-29-2011, 03:32 PM
what about Jernigan WR from Troy, he would be a pretty nice slot wr

Jernigan, Cobb, Titus Young, Vincent Brown, and Dane Sanzenbacher all make sense.

David.
04-29-2011, 03:39 PM
Ayers
Acho
Reed
Moch
Shear(? pittsburgh)
Houston

I'd like any of these guys. Reed, Ayers, Houston first though.

Chocolate Hog
04-29-2011, 03:43 PM

Thoughts on Jabaal Sheard?

Frosty
04-29-2011, 03:49 PM
joe phillips?

Reggie Tongue and Robb Thomas

If I recall my Beaver history correctly, Phillips was only at OS for a short time. I think he was drafted out of SMU.

shaneo69
04-29-2011, 04:04 PM

Chris Neild ;)

KCrockaholic
04-29-2011, 04:06 PM
Jernigan, Cobb, Titus Young, Vincent Brown, and Dane Sanzenbacher all make sense.

Cobb or Young for me. Both are perfect slot fits.

Easy 6
04-29-2011, 04:08 PM
I want the best available nose tackle GAWDAMMIT!

I'M SERIOUS, I'LL STAB A MOTHER****ER IN THE NECK!

NOSE TACKLE!11

shaneo69
04-29-2011, 04:10 PM

It sounds like Drew Rosenhaus is his agent.

shaneo69
04-29-2011, 04:18 PM
I haven't seen him play but I like Mason Fosters profile. Anybody watch this guy?

I saw him play in the bowl game against Nebraska and he was a beast. Only defensive player that impressed me more all year was Nick Fairley.

BossChief
04-29-2011, 04:33 PM
If Im Pioli, Im looking at either Powe or Wisnewski.

If we can come out of the next two picks with those two guys...Im Gonna totally celebrate, big boy style, tonight!

MOhillbilly
04-29-2011, 04:38 PM
Reggie Tongue and Robb Thomas

If I recall my Beaver history correctly, Phillips was only at OS for a short time. I think he was drafted out of SMU.

i thought it was the other way around but whatev. something about after smu got the ncaa hammer he went to os.

-edit- you were correct Frosty.-

El Jefe
04-29-2011, 04:45 PM
Cobb or Young for me. Both are perfect slot fits.

I would love Dane Sanz in the 4th round. He is better than Brian hartline who went in the 3rd round last year to the Fins. Dane is just as good IMO as Anthony Gonzalez for the Colts (when healthy lol). He is perfect for the slot, fast guy (not a blazer), extremely good route runner, excellent hands, gets YAC yards (pretty tough guy will go across the middle).

warrior
04-29-2011, 05:05 PM
If Im Pioli, Im looking at either Powe or Wisnewski.

If we can come out of the next two picks with those two guys...Im Gonna totally celebrate, big boy style, tonight!

I like both and we need both. :thumb:

booger
04-29-2011, 05:07 PM
listening to 610

Ayers
Acho
Reed
Moch
Shear(? pittsburgh)
Houston

I'd like any of these guys. Reed, Ayers, Houston first though.

Thoughts on Jabaal Sheard?

that's the tough position to fill because they might not find the perfect fit of a coverage and rush guy. Studebaker can play passing downs and they will hopefully get the best rusher who they think will eventually learn to drop. I think they'll have to trade up for Ayers. I'd take Houston if they think that he can be more consistant with his motor. Great measurables and good production. Hopefully the failed pot test is just a one time mistake but when they know the combine test is coming that sure makes it worse. Acho is probably the safest bet. Don't know if he can cover but the effort is there. Same with Reed. I think the Mathews comparrison is too much and he's hopefully a better Tully Banta-Cain or another Tedy Bruschi.

No matter the scheme i think Moch has a Gary Stills type role as a pass rusher/core special teamer. He has the potential to be much more productive sack wise but i don't know that he's a great fit in the base D.

Have not seen Sheard play but he has the rush skills to seriously consider.

K.J. Wright is a guy who i think could get overdrafted maybe as soon as the 3rd to a 34 team looking for a sam backer. He's a big kid who has played all 3 LB spots and i think the transition will be easier for him. Long arms to help set the edge and rush too.

Cliff Mathews is another one that is intriging. He might get picked sooner than he should based on his potential as a rusher and still the unknown in coverage.

JMO.

Chocolate Hog
04-29-2011, 05:08 PM
LOL Kappernick

booger
04-29-2011, 05:25 PM
i like him i just don't know how soon. maybe 2nd 3rd or more likely 4th.

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ajnVMrltDc4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

philfree
04-29-2011, 07:06 PM
So are we going to go offense two picks in a row? In our last couple of losses our O line and lack of recievers killed us. Well we've addressed half of that so now what? Rodney Hudson C Florida State?

We could always take a 3rd and a 5th and trade up and pick one of the DE/OLBs that fit our D.

See there......:p