PDA

View Full Version : NFL Draft I like Von Miller...

Mile High Mania
04-29-2011, 09:06 AM
As with every pick, there's always risk... will he be "the right fit" for the scheme, etc. But, I do like his talent and his character.

I am incredibly interested to see what is sitting there at #36... and then #46. Two of the next 14 picks is huge and I think I'd honestly like to see defense with both of them.

DT, S, CB... let's go for it, fellas.

Or, at #46 - if a top TE is there... I think I could be happy with that one as well.

<<<>>>

I don't know a lot about Baldwin for KC... sounds like the talent is certainly there.

Count Alex's Losses
04-29-2011, 09:07 AM
Von Miller's lightweight ass is going to do a lot for your run defense when teams are shoving the ball down your throat like they did all last year.

Enjoy that 50-million dollar waste of a linebacker...he's not going to do much rushing the passer because who the fuck needs to pass against the Broncos?

Dareus or Fairley should have been your pick....fucked that up good, Fox.

Mile High Mania
04-29-2011, 09:08 AM
I think MD would have made more sense, but they may be able to get a good DT here at #36 as well...

Let me guess, KC got the steal of R1 right?

Count Alex's Losses
04-29-2011, 09:10 AM
We got a rape monster who is going to keep you in the cellar for years...YEARS....

Good thing you moved up to get a CB last year....oh wait...he's in Detroit.

Bane
04-29-2011, 09:11 AM
Welcome to the Cincinnati Broncos.

CaliforniaChief
04-29-2011, 09:11 AM
According to Twitterbitergot, we celebrated Easter one week too soon.

In all seriousness, Miller could be a good pick depending on how they compliment it today.

Count Alex's Losses
04-29-2011, 09:12 AM
FYI Von Miller is going to look real good when Branden Albert plants him on his ass as we run over left tackle for the 10th time in a row....

steve_minor
04-29-2011, 09:13 AM
He is being compared to Derrick Thomas ... Worst Case scenario = 8 Sack game vs Chiefs !!!!

Bane
04-29-2011, 09:14 AM
Bust.

TEX
04-29-2011, 09:14 AM
Miller can play. You got a good player but I'm not sure he's the best fit for the scheme.

Mr. Arrowhead
04-29-2011, 09:15 AM
miller would have been a great pick for Denver if they would have stuck with the 3-4

eazyb81
04-29-2011, 09:17 AM
Yeah, taking a 4-3 LB at #2 overall is an option you just can't turn down....

LMAO

Hilariously stupid and wasted pick.

TEX
04-29-2011, 09:17 AM
FYI Von Miller is going to look real good when Branden Albert plants him on his ass as we run over left tackle for the 10th time in a row....

Yep. But it's probably gonna be a wash because Miller will go right around him on pass plays. Albert is nothing special at LT in pass protection.

BigCatDaddy
04-29-2011, 09:19 AM
I just don't see how him and Elvis fit together. Teams used to kill us rushing the ball at DT.

SNR
04-29-2011, 09:22 AM
If John Fox can figure out how to use him properly, he's a great pick.

That's going to be no easy task, however

Saulbadguy
04-29-2011, 09:22 AM
He sucks.

ohiobronco2
04-29-2011, 09:25 AM
I would have rather drafted Dareus. However, he is an amazing athlete and has all of the intangibles. I'll wait till I see the remainder of the draft before I unload on Elway/Fox.

MIAdragon
04-29-2011, 09:29 AM
He is being compared to Derrick Thomas ... Worst Case scenario = 8 Sack game vs Chiefs !!!!

weak sauce dude, wait another 10 years before you post again.

Mile High Mania
04-29-2011, 09:33 AM
I would have rather drafted Dareus. However, he is an amazing athlete and has all of the intangibles. I'll wait till I see the remainder of the draft before I unload on Elway/Fox.

I think the same... but, based on CP history... most would say he was a dumb pick and that Denver should have gone after Miller because he can play in a 3-4 or 4-3. o:-)

CaliforniaChief
04-29-2011, 09:35 AM
I think the same... but, based on CP history... most would say he was a dumb pick and that Denver should have gone after Miller because he can play in a 3-4 or 4-3. o:-)

On a sidenote, when Miller was walking out on stage it almost looked like they were filming "Lockup: Radio City" or something like that. Maybe it was the prison glasses he was wearing.

MIAdragon
04-29-2011, 09:36 AM

Miller will be solid, I mean he's no Tyson Jackson but hey you cant grab those guys every day ya know.

ChiTown
04-29-2011, 09:36 AM
B U S T!

Mile High Mania
04-29-2011, 09:41 AM
Yeah, we'll see how it all works out... if they can get a solid DT with the next pick (or within the next 2), things could work out very well. Maybe Marvin Austin...

Count Alex's Losses
04-29-2011, 09:50 AM
Mile High Mania has liked every Bronco pick ever....I bet I can dig up some ignorant shit from him about Jarvis Moss.

Mile High Mania
04-29-2011, 09:55 AM
Mile High Mania has liked every Bronco pick ever....I bet I can dig up some ignorant shit from him about Jarvis Moss.

Go for it, big man... I promise you that I haven't liked every pick... hell, all you have to do is go back to 2010 and Tebow.

I think Miller is a great player - again, is he the best fit ... remains to be seen, but he's certainly not a project.

Count Alex's Losses
04-29-2011, 10:02 AM
Go for it, big man... I promise you that I haven't liked every pick... hell, all you have to do is go back to 2010 and Tebow.

LMAO

Hell, if Thomas and Moss stay clean and Crowder is the beast he can be... Denver has fixed their pass rush which has been their one issue on defense.

If that happens with this class... then Denver is going to roll for years to come!

There's several young guys with nice promise and who knows... if a defensive minded coach comes in with the right scheme, guys like Thomas, Crowder and Moss may actually lose bust status.

Mile High Mania
04-29-2011, 10:08 AM
Ok, I saw a lot of "if this" and "if that" comments in my postings... I saw nothing close to how each of those guys were greatness. You found absolutely no comments from me stating those guys were great draft picks, correct?

Is that really all you could find? See, I was correct.... and you're still a big flaming loser that has no life.

Count Alex's Losses
04-29-2011, 10:12 AM
It's all right there...you thought they were going to roll for years to come.

LMAO

HemiEd
04-29-2011, 10:12 AM
Yeah, taking a 4-3 LB at #2 overall is an option you just can't turn down....

LMAO

Hilariously stupid and wasted pick.

Hey, they have Tebow. Everything is going to be divine.

HotRoute
04-29-2011, 10:20 AM
Von Miller's lightweight ass is going to do a lot for your run defense when teams are shoving the ball down your throat like they did all last year.

Enjoy that 50-million dollar waste of a linebacker...he's not going to do much rushing the passer because who the **** needs to pass against the Broncos?

Dareus or Fairley should have been your pick....****ed that up good, Fox.

Isnt there a rookie wage scale now in place?

Mile High Mania
04-29-2011, 10:30 AM
It's all right there...you thought they were going to roll for years to come.

LMAO

Funny, you type this as if I made crazy statements about certain greatnesss.. and it was far from it, but keep reaching. Again, that statement was made with a big "if"... there was the thread with initial comments about Moss on draft day.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=162222&highlight=jarvis+moss

Von Dumbass
04-29-2011, 10:34 AM
Do you guys really think that a guy who has coached defense in the NFL for over 22 years would draft the next Derrick Thomas and not have a plan for how to use him?

Count Alex's Losses
04-29-2011, 10:37 AM
Do you guys really think that a guy who has coached defense in the NFL for over 22 years would draft the next Derrick Thomas and not have a plan for how to use him?

John Fox headed up some of the worst fucking drafts in the league in Carolina...

He's a fat guy who likes 1950s football...

Von Dumbass
04-29-2011, 10:38 AM
John Fox headed up some of the worst ****ing drafts in the league in Carolina...

He's a fat guy who likes 1950s football...

John Fox has never missed on a first round pick. Ever. Check it out. The last time he had the number 2 pick he drafted Julius Peppers.

2002 - Julius Peppers
2003- Jordan Gross 8th overall pick(stud)
2004- Chris Gamble 28th (solid starter)
2005- Thomas Davis 14th (stud has been hurt the past few years)
2006- Deangelo Williams 27th (stud)
2007- Jon Beason 25th (stud)
2008- Jonathon Stewart 13th (stud) and Jeff Otah 19th (stud)

Count Alex's Losses
04-29-2011, 10:42 AM
First time for everything.

Apart from you quitting running your dumb mouth.

SenselessChiefsFan
04-29-2011, 10:42 AM

Your coach was most recently in charge of the only team that drafted HIGHER than the Broncos. I am not sure I would talk about his great ability to use his talent.

If Elvis comes back, you have two undersized guys that will struggle against the run. It is a liability.

You play outside in a cold climate, on grass. They will need to be able to stop the run.

He is definitely an explosive player that will provide highlights and game changing plays. Not sure it was the right pick though.

Count Alex's Losses
04-29-2011, 10:43 AM
The Broncos have a pair of ~240 pound outside linebackers on their roster....who can't play the pass....and yet they are going to play a 4-3 with these guys.

So are you going to play them at OLB where they will be HUGE liabilities against the pass....or at DE where they are going to get their ass kicked by offensive tackles?

GREAT FUCKING PICK!

I bet John Elway made this pick...doofus.

Von Dumbass
04-29-2011, 10:45 AM
Von Miller isn't undersized. He would be undersized in a 3-4 but not as a SAM LB in a 4-3 which is the position that Von Miller will be playing on running downs.

Count Alex's Losses
04-29-2011, 10:47 AM
Von Miller isn't undersized. He would be undersized in a 3-4 but not as a SAM LB in a 4-3 which is the position that Von Miller will be playing on running downs.

LOL

This skinny guy is going to play SAM for you...that's rich.

http://cdn.cloudfiles.mosso.com/c1910342/media_center/images/rendered/blog/wysiwyg/Miller1.jpg

Offensive coordinators are going to run right at that guy and punish him like a bitch.

Von Dumbass
04-29-2011, 10:50 AM
The Broncos have a pair of ~240 pound outside linebackers on their roster....who can't play the pass....and yet they are going to play a 4-3 with these guys.

So are you going to play them at OLB where they will be HUGE liabilities against the pass....or at DE where they are going to get their ass kicked by offensive tackles?

GREAT ****ING PICK!

I bet John Elway made this pick...doofus.

Are you suggesting that Elvis Dumervil is going to be a LB for us? He will be playing DE with Robert Ayers (who is fantastic against the run mind you) on running downs.

As as of now our OLB's will be DJ Williams and Von Miller. DJ and Von can both cover backs and TE's and can both drop in coverage. They are probably the most athletic starting OLB's in the NFL right now.

The Bad Guy
04-29-2011, 10:53 AM
This let's call Von Miller the next Derrick Thomas has jumped the shark.

That's all KnowMo can hang his hat on. That one talent evaluator, who wasn't named, said he sees Derrick Thomas in Von Miller.

I see a lot of Calvin Johnson in Jon Baldwin. See how easy that is.

We got the next Calvin Johnson.

The Bad Guy
04-29-2011, 10:54 AM
Are you suggesting that Elvis Dumervil is going to be a LB for us? He will be playing DE with Robert Ayers (who is fantastic against the run mind you) on running downs.

As as of now our OLB's will be DJ Williams and Von Miller. DJ and Von can both cover backs and TE's and can both drop in coverage. They are probably the most athletic starting OLB's in the NFL right now.

Yep. Robert Ayers is so talented that he was the best run defender on the 32nd ranked defense.

Just because you keep repeating the same company line over and over doesn't make it true.

Count Alex's Losses
04-29-2011, 10:55 AM
Are you suggesting that Elvis Dumervil is going to be a LB for us? He will be playing DE

LMAO

That's great...a 240 lb DE in a 4-3.

Run left at the 240 lb DE...or run right at the 230 lb SAM.

Or run up the middle at the worst defensive tackles in the league.

So many options.

Von Dumbass
04-29-2011, 10:59 AM
LOL

This skinny guy is going to play SAM for you...that's rich.

Offensive coordinators are going to run right at that guy and punish him like a bitch.

John Fox has always preferred fast LB's kind like Shanahan and Larry Coyer or Monte Kiffin and Tony Dungy. He even converted some college safeties into LB's in the NFL.

And 247 pounds is not undersized for the SAM btw.

BigCatDaddy
04-29-2011, 11:00 AM
Derrick Thomas played SAM?

eazyb81
04-29-2011, 11:01 AM

STFU

Seriously - the BAN HAMMER needs to come swinging down the next time this blasphemous phrase is posted.

Count Alex's Losses
04-29-2011, 11:02 AM
There is no fucking way Von Miller is going to play at 247.

reported to the Senior Bowl at 237 pounds and weight dropped closer to 230 during the season

eazyb81
04-29-2011, 11:04 AM

ROFL

So you are taking Miller away from his #1 strength - rushing the passer - and putting him in more positions to get exposed in his #1 weakness - coverage.

BRILLIANT!

Von Dumbass
04-29-2011, 11:05 AM
Yep. Robert Ayers is so talented that he was the best run defender on the 32nd ranked defense.

Just because you keep repeating the same company line over and over doesn't make it true.

Robert Ayers was hurt a lot last season.

Von Dumbass
04-29-2011, 11:09 AM
ROFL

So you are taking Miller away from his #1 strength - rushing the passer - and putting him in more positions to get exposed in his #1 weakness - coverage.

BRILLIANT!

He will play DE on passing downs and we will use him in many blitzes on first and second down.

The cool thing about Dumervil and Ayers is they can both drop back in coverage and we can line up Miller anywhere in blitz packages and drop both DE's effectively. We can confuse the hell out of teams with imaginative blitz packages like Dennis Allen used to do when he was in New Orleans studying under Greg Williams.

There are so many ways we can use Von Miller to get pressure. He will not be used like a normal 4-3 OLB would.

Count Alex's Losses
04-29-2011, 11:11 AM
He will play DE on passing downs

That's interesting.

The Chiefs love to run that sprint draw...hey Von, come on up field on third and five while Charles goes for 10.

Mile High Mania
04-29-2011, 11:11 AM
Bottom line... Miller is a top prospect at the position, Denver isn't finished upgrading the defense... there's a lot that remains to be seen and nobody has a freaking clue how the kid will pan out at this point.

Von Dumbass
04-29-2011, 11:12 AM
This let's call Von Miller the next Derrick Thomas has jumped the shark.

That's all KnowMo can hang his hat on. That one talent evaluator, who wasn't named, said he sees Derrick Thomas in Von Miller.

I see a lot of Calvin Johnson in Jon Baldwin. See how easy that is.

We got the next Calvin Johnson.

The thing is, multiple people have compared Von Miller to Derrick Thomas because if his once in a generation first step. I have not seen one person compare Baldwin to Calvin Johnson the best player I have seen him compared to was a slower version of Brandon Marshall. And Brandon Marshall isn't a HOF'er.

Von Dumbass
04-29-2011, 11:13 AM
That's interesting.

The Chiefs love to run that sprint draw...hey Von, come on up field on third and five while Charles goes for 10.

The Chiefs won't always be able to play like pussies who don't trust their QB. They will have to pass the ball on 3rd down eventually and there is no way in hell you guys will be able to block both DOOM and Von Miller. LMAO

BigCatDaddy
04-29-2011, 11:14 AM
Bottom line... Miller is a top prospect at the position, Denver isn't finished upgrading the defense... there's a lot that remains to be seen and nobody has a freaking clue how the kid will pan out at this point.

Love the player.. just seems like an odd fit.

Count Alex's Losses
04-29-2011, 11:16 AM
The Chiefs won't always be able to play like pussies who don't trust their QB. They will have to pass the ball on 3rd down eventually and there is no way in hell you guys will be able to block both DOOM and Von Miller. LMAO

They are going to be so gassed from getting gashed by our running game all day long they won't have any energy to rush the passer.

We are going to smash your tiny defenders into little itty bitty pieces, eat the pieces, shit them out and feed them to John Elway.

HemiEd
04-29-2011, 11:16 AM
STFU

Seriously - the BAN HAMMER needs to come swinging down the next time this blasphemous phrase is posted.

I agree

Chief Roundup
04-29-2011, 11:18 AM
figure you guys are looking at Aaron Williams, Stephen Paea, and Kyle Rudolph

vailpass
04-29-2011, 11:19 AM
First time for everything.

Apart from you quitting running your dumb mouth.

Ever since you came crawling back from your latest ban you have reverted to your old posting style, which I guess is your true self. Nobody liked you then and, outside of a few pirated videos, I can't see why anybody would like you now. I'd tell you to grow up but you are way too old for that.

Bowser
04-29-2011, 11:19 AM
The pick made me scratch my head. They needed interior d-line help far more than they needed a pass rushing linebacker. My guess is they'll be playing a bunch of hybrid 3-4, especially in passing downs.

He's a talented guy, but I think it's a strange fit for them. They better hope for a Stephen Paea early today to compliment the pick.

Count Alex's Losses
04-29-2011, 11:20 AM
Ever since you came crawling back from your latest ban you have reverted to your old posting style, which I guess is your true self. Nobody liked you then and, outside of a few pirated videos, I can't see why anybody would like you now. I'd tell you to grow up but you are way too old for that.

Nobody cares what a Broncos fan troll thinks...you are universally despised on this site....wank to Von Miller videos and leave us be.

Von Dumbass
04-29-2011, 11:21 AM
“Von Miller is the best player in this draft,” Green Bay Packers director of college scouting John Dorsey said. “Why I say that is you can’t throw away from him. He’s going to put pressure on the quarterback.

“With Patrick Peterson (the LSU cornerback who went fifth to the Arizona Cardinals), you can throw away from him. But not Von

"Von Miller reminds me of Jevon Kearse," said former Tennessee Titans running back Eddie George, who serves as a pregame Fox Sports analyst.

Kearse set a rookie record with 14 sacks.

"He's a rare athlete like Jevon," George said. "Von can pass rush, play the run — he has all the attributes to drop back into coverage.

"He's a backfield wrecker."

"The Broncos believe that it's a deep defensive line class, so that's why they took Miller," NFLDraftScout.com senior analyst Rob Rang said. "Miller is like DeMarcus Ware — a spectacular pass rusher.

"The speed to get up field and then the flexibility and the hands to dip under the tackles, that's what the great pass rushers do, like a Derrick Thomas."

This new Bronco is not just a one-trick, pass-rush pony.

"He demonstrated that in Mobile (Ala.) at the Senior Bowl," Rang said. That's when he went from being a top 10 pick to a top two pick."

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/2011-04-28-von-miller_N.htm?csp=34sports

HerculesRockefell
04-29-2011, 11:22 AM
Nobody cares what a Broncos fan troll thinks...you are universally despised on this site....wank to Von Miller videos and leave us be.

Says the guy who lives at OM when he's not on CP.

Von Dumbass
04-29-2011, 11:22 AM
We are going to smash your tiny defenders into little itty bitty pieces, eat the pieces, shit them out and feed them to John Elway.

ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL

Count Alex's Losses
04-29-2011, 11:23 AM
Says the guy who lives at OM when he's not on CP.

I average like 2 posts a week there....so kindly fist yourself.

vailpass
04-29-2011, 11:24 AM

"Us"? Who you hiding behind Draven?

HerculesRockefell
04-29-2011, 11:41 AM
I average like 2 posts a week there....so kindly fist yourself.

Uh huh. You immediately ran over there and started a thread about Baldwin last night, and you're calling someone else a troll?

You've got almost 24k posts and are 20th in total number of posts.

You average almost 10 posts a day.

But yeah, you're never over there Boba Fett.

Count Alex's Losses
04-29-2011, 11:43 AM
I really haven't posted much there at all this offseason....look it up if you like, no fucks are given.

But it's cute how you guys run over here to brag about your skinny linebacker.

Jethopper
04-29-2011, 11:43 AM
He's a luxury pick in a time of extreme poverty for the Broncos......

Von Dumbass
04-29-2011, 11:46 AM

How is getting the best passrusher in the draft a luxury pick? You can never have enough pass rushers. Doom's injury last year proved that, we went from being in the top 10 in sacks in 2009 to 32nd in 2010.

Mile High Mania
04-29-2011, 11:49 AM
Denver has several holes on defense... not to mention accounting for the change back to 4-3, so they can use the best they can get at DL, LB and DB...

The Bad Guy
04-29-2011, 11:52 AM
The thing is, multiple people have compared Von Miller to Derrick Thomas because if his once in a generation first step. I have not seen one person compare Baldwin to Calvin Johnson the best player I have seen him compared to was a slower version of Brandon Marshall. And Brandon Marshall isn't a HOF'er.

Dwight Freeney and DeMarcus Ware had a better first step when they came out.

It was one evaluator and then numerous draft guys referenced that one report.

No, I just compared the 2 myself. I watched Pitt games last year and I've watched Calvin Johnson a lot. They have similar builds, can both jump, and so what if Baldwin is slower, I see a lot of similarities.

It's an easy thing to do to throw out baseless comparisons. It's what you've madey our living on this board doing.

Mile High Mania
04-29-2011, 11:54 AM
I think Baldwin can be a big threat... I don't see what the value is in always saying that any pick a rival team makes is worthless. Half the guys in the first round will flame out... history says it will happen. In a few years, we'll know the real story.

Jethopper
Prascilla Dumervil at DE is not a force at all. You were even bragging about how the switch to a 3-4 made him a way better player.

vailpass

A defensive pick on a team with a bad defense can't be a luxury pick.
Now if Denver had taken oh, I don't know, a broke-dick midget slot receiver that they hoped could maybe play some running back with a high draft pick then THAT would be a luxury they couldn't afford.

Jethopper
04-29-2011, 11:56 AM
Now if Denver had taken oh, I don't know, a broke-dick midget slot receiver that they hoped could maybe play some running back with a high draft pick then THAT would be a luxury they couldn't afford.

That wasn't the second overall pick

Von Dumbass
04-29-2011, 11:56 AM
Prascilla Dumervil at DE is not a force at all. You were even bragging about how the switch to a 3-4 made him a way better player.

Dumervil had 20 sacks his first two years in the NFL playing in 4-3. Most of his sacks in 2009 came when he had his hand in the dirt on 3rd down anyways.

Jethopper
04-29-2011, 12:00 PM
Dumervil had 20 sacks his first two years in the NFL playing in 4-3. Most of his sacks in 2009 came when he had his hand in the dirt on 3rd down anyways.

Did someone forget to mention year 3 where he racked up a mind blowing 5 sacks? Cherry pick much??

Jethopper
He played in all 16 games that year too, correct?

vailpass

Now you are just being stupid.

Jethopper
04-29-2011, 12:01 PM
Now you are just being stupid.

Tap out

vailpass
04-29-2011, 12:02 PM
Tap out

LMAO

Mile High Mania
04-29-2011, 12:03 PM

Exactly... especially if they're able to add to the DL with guys at 36 and 46, which is looking pretty good. Two of the next 14... there's some great talent out there.

Von Dumbass
04-29-2011, 12:05 PM
Did someone forget to mention year 3 where he racked up a mind blowing 5 sacks? Cherry pick much??

He broke a bone in his hand in the first game of the season (MNF against the Raiders) and played the entire year with it.

LOCOChief
04-29-2011, 12:05 PM
Well, Zorn better show Cassell how to get rid of the ball a lot quicker because VM will be back there with him quickly and frequently. I don't see how a player with his physical attributes doesn't create some havok.

vailpass
04-29-2011, 12:06 PM
Well, Zorn better show Cassell how to get rid of the ball a lot quicker because VM will be back there with him quickly and frequently. I don't see how a player with his physical attributes doesn't create some havok.

I was not pleased to see KC get Zorn for QB coach. Solid addition IMHO.

Jethopper
04-29-2011, 12:06 PM
Exactly... especially if they're able to add to the DL with guys at 36 and 46, which is looking pretty good. Two of the next 14... there's some great talent out there.

Wrong, your number #1 need was fixing a 32nd ranked run defense. Not your defense as a whole. I understand you like pass rushers, but the whole point is to address the most glaring weakness you had with a top flight player. Your team failed to do so.

Jethopper
04-29-2011, 12:07 PM
He broke a bone in his hand in the first game of the season (MNF against the Raiders) and played the entire year with it.

:LOL: ROFL ROFL Won't ROFL even ROFL justify ROFLROFL this post

vailpass
04-29-2011, 12:08 PM
Wrong, your number #1 need was fixing a 32nd ranked run defense. Not your defense as a whole. I understand you like pass rushers, but the whole point is to address the most glaring weakness you had with a top flight player. Your team failed to do so.

Mel Kiper is that you? You come across as more of a tool on the internet than you do on TV.

Jethopper
04-29-2011, 12:09 PM
Mel Kiper is that you? You come across as more of a tool on the internet than you do on TV.

Wow, the rare double tap has been achieved :thumb:

vailpass
04-29-2011, 12:11 PM
Wow, the rare double tap has been achieved :thumb:

You were watching me and your mother last night? We didn't mean for you to hear.

Jethopper
04-29-2011, 12:12 PM
You were watching me and your mother last night? We didn't mean for you to hear.

That was about as original as graffiti on railroad cars

vailpass
04-29-2011, 12:14 PM
That was about as original as graffiti on railroad cars

I know, I wish I could have said something clever like "tap out" them maybe attached a thumbs-up-wink smilie for that extra special topper.

Mile High Mania
04-29-2011, 12:16 PM

Crap... I guess they're doomed.

vailpass
04-29-2011, 12:19 PM
Crap... I guess they're doomed.

He's the same genius who is saying Dumvervil is no good. There are 50 things wrong with the Broncos on both sides of the ball and the tool picks the ONE Denver D player who is solid.

Jethopper
04-29-2011, 12:22 PM
He's the same genius who is saying Dumvervil is no good. There are 50 things wrong with the Broncos on both sides of the ball and the tool picks the ONE Denver D player who is solid.

I never said Dumervil is no good. Prascilla is an above average pass rusher that is bad against the run. He is not Jessie Tuggle/Thomas/Norton Jr/Smith/Talley/Taylor like Bronco fans want to believe.

Mile High Mania
04-29-2011, 12:24 PM
I never said Dumervil is no good. Prascilla is an above average pass rusher that is bad against the run. He is not Jessie Tuggle/Thomas/Norton Jr/Smith/Talley/Taylor like Bronco fans want to believe.

Hmmm, so I shouldn't expect a HOF induction at this point... got it, thanks!

vailpass
04-29-2011, 12:27 PM

Your knowledge is manna from above; we are undeservedly graced by your wisdom.

Dicky McElephant
04-29-2011, 12:34 PM
I'm not going to deny that Miller is talented. The kid is a beast. I'm just not sure if Fox's plan is going to utilize Miller properly. I think the Broncos would have been better off grabbing someone like Peterson.

Mile High Mania
04-29-2011, 12:40 PM
I'm not going to deny that Miller is talented. The kid is a beast. I'm just not sure if Fox's plan is going to utilize Miller properly. I think the Broncos would have been better off grabbing someone like Peterson.

I think they could have used 3-4 different options at #2... not sure that CB was the pick to make simply because the guys up front need more help.

Von Dumbass
04-29-2011, 12:42 PM
Colorado offensive tackle Nate Solder, a strong NFL prospect who played against Miller in the Big 12 Conference, told me earlier this week that he had trouble touching the lightning-quick Texas A&M linebacker, let alone blocking him. That's a better testimonial than 1,000 words from draftnik Mel Kiper Jr.http://www.denverpost.com/kiszla/ci_17952718

ChiefGator
04-29-2011, 12:44 PM
It seems like Von Miller just started rising after most of football was played. That would kind of worry me. If the Broncos were my team, I think I would have preferred about five different players at that draft position, mostly in the middle of my line. I have to concur with GC about Dareus or Fairly. Even Peterson would have been a good pick to learn under the master for a couple seasons.

I won't concur with GC that vailpass is "universally despised" though. Vailpass and Mile High aren't gonna get their ChiefsPlanet card revoked anytime soon and I usually enjoy their threads and comments. KnowMo, on the other hand...

the Talking Can
04-29-2011, 12:48 PM
you should be excited about Miller, he's a hell of a talent...sometimes doing the obvious thing is underrated...

I still wonder if long term Dareus would have been better for your scheme, but that's nitpicking

HolmeZz
04-29-2011, 01:05 PM
Miller would've been a slam dunk if you were keeping the 3-4. Now he's going to be playing a spot that negates the one thing he actually does well, which was the entire basis for him being rated that highly. You used the #2 overall pick on a sam linebacker who's a liability against the run.

Dareus was the pick. Plays anywhere on the line and is a better, more complete player.

Just Passin' By
04-29-2011, 01:23 PM

Miller is not the next Thomas.

vailpass
04-29-2011, 01:25 PM
Miller is not the next Thomas.

I hope not. I hope he is the next Neil Smith.

Von Dumbass
04-29-2011, 01:26 PM
Texas A&M coach Mike Sherman said Miller “is just a freakish athlete. I’ve never seen a guy like him. I mean, he could have been our tailback. He could have been an All-American tight end. He could return punts and kickoffs. He’s just a phenomenal athlete.”

“We didn’t ask him to drop much into coverage because we wanted him affecting the quarterback’s rhythm and timing, but that doesn’t mean he can’t do it,” Sherman said. “He’d line up and play corner in practice against our receivers just messing around and he was able to hold his own.”

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AtHjX6sUpLPGKMgcZovscJzsYNAF?slug=ap-nfldraft-broncos

milkman
04-29-2011, 01:26 PM
It seems like Von Miller just started rising after most of football was played. That would kind of worry me. If the Broncos were my team, I think I would have preferred about five different players at that draft position, mostly in the middle of my line. I have to concur with GC about Dareus or Fairly. Even Peterson would have been a good pick to learn under the master for a couple seasons.

I won't concur with GC that vailpass is "universally despised" though. Vailpass and Mile High aren't gonna get their ChiefsPlanet card revoked anytime soon and I usually enjoy their threads and comments. KnowMo, on the other hand...

Knowmo's homeristic dumbassery is gold.

John Fox isn't a defensive mastermind, but he is a solid defensive coach who should be able to figure out the best utilization of Miller's talent within the scheme.

Still, everything I read says that Miller would best be suited to a 34.

Mile High Mania
04-29-2011, 01:29 PM
We'll see how Miller does in a 4-3... if Denver can get Austin at #36, that's the #1 LB and #6 DT in this draft ... not bad. Turn #46 into Rudolph and it looks good, still have a number of holes and lots of improvement.

Garcia Bronco
04-29-2011, 01:34 PM
I don't really like the Miller pick. I would have taken the DT.

what amuses me most is your 40 plus year super bowl absence and all the shit talking.

the Talking Can
04-29-2011, 01:35 PM

what amuses me most is your 40 plus year super bowl absence and all the shit talking.

what amuses me is that your team sucks shit and is a league laughing stock

Count Alex's Losses
04-29-2011, 01:41 PM

http://img819.imageshack.us/img819/5949/lakers.gif

Pitt Gorilla
04-29-2011, 01:47 PM
I have no idea what Miller will do, but I'm THRILLED that Denver passed on Dareus. Once that happened, everything else was gravy.

Pitt Gorilla
04-29-2011, 01:48 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AtHjX6sUpLPGKMgcZovscJzsYNAF?slug=ap-nfldraft-broncosMiller may be a fine corner for you.

Garcia Bronco
04-29-2011, 01:49 PM

And yet we manage to beat the Chiefs once a year.

buddha
04-29-2011, 01:50 PM
I love the highlights of Miller running past college OTs who decided to block the DT instead. I'm sure that will happen often in the NFL.

Garcia Bronco
04-29-2011, 01:56 PM
I love the highlights of Miller running past college OTs who decided to block the DT instead. I'm sure that will happen often in the NFL.

It won't happen and that's why it's an amusing pick because we don't have a soul that can consistently win at the POA.

buddha
04-29-2011, 01:59 PM
It won't happen and that's why it's an amusing pick because we don't have a soul that can consistently win at the POA.

Concur. I really thought big Darious was going to be your guy. The kid is a beast and he can play every position along the DL.

Frankly, I don't buy any of the Derrick Thomas comparisons. Von Miller was a very solid college OLB...no question about it. I just don't think he was the best player Denver could have drafted there.

Mile High Mania
04-29-2011, 02:01 PM
Concur. I really thought big Darious was going to be your guy. The kid is a beast and he can play every position along the DL.

Frankly, I don't buy any of the Derrick Thomas comparisons. Von Miller was a very solid college OLB...no question about it. I just don't think he was the best player Denver could have drafted there.

He may not have been... if they can get Austin, I think this changes things a bit

MagicHef
04-29-2011, 02:06 PM

I disagree. There will still be FA for addressing needs. Picking for need at the top of the draft is not a good idea, and no one had Dareus as a better player than Miller.

buddha
04-29-2011, 02:07 PM
Agreed. It doesn't really matter what order you get 'em. And none of us know how any of this is going to turn out. It's just fun to discuss and throw some shit around. ;)

buddha
04-29-2011, 02:10 PM
I disagree. There will still be FA for addressing needs. Picking for need at the top of the draft is not a good idea, and no one had Dareus as a better player than Miller.
:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

Yes, that patented approach of finding really good interior defensive linemen on the waiver wire...works every time.

You have no idea what you're talking about. You don't use the third pick in the draft based on what McShay or Kiper say! Denver needs defensive linemen who can do something other than fall over. Really good DL guys are RARE and extremely hard to find at any level. Perhaps the toughest position to fill on the team.

Nightfyre
04-29-2011, 02:31 PM

Do they let you get away with passing off blatant lies as fact in bronco land? Mayock ranked dareus as the best player in the draft.

MagicHef
04-29-2011, 04:32 PM
:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

Yes, that patented approach of finding really good interior defensive linemen on the waiver wire...works every time.

You have no idea what you're talking about. You don't use the third pick in the draft based on what McShay or Kiper say! Denver needs defensive linemen who can do something other than fall over. Really good DL guys are RARE and extremely hard to find at any level. Perhaps the toughest position to fill on the team.

Good DL guys are very hard to find. In fact, 2/3 of the DTs picked in the 1st round over the past decade have been busts. Not to mention that DTs have one of the worst average longevities in the league, while LBs have one of the best. Reaching for need (especially for DTs) and passing on elite talent is not wise, IMO. It's how you end up with Tyson Jackson.

Do they let you get away with passing off blatant lies as fact in bronco land? Mayock ranked dareus as the best player in the draft.

Okay, one guy. Specifically, the guy that is regularly criticized around here for his projection about Robert Ayers. You got me.

Nightfyre
04-29-2011, 04:33 PM
Good DL guys are very hard to find. In fact, 2/3 of the DTs picked in the 1st round over the past decade have been busts. Not to mention that DTs have one of the worst average longevities in the league, while LBs have one of the best. Reaching for need (especially for DTs) and passing on elite talent is not wise, IMO. It's how you end up with Tyson Jackson.

Okay, one guy. Specifically, the guy that is regularly criticized around here for his projection about Robert Ayers. You got me.

And scott wright, and sports illustrated....

factortobe
04-29-2011, 05:17 PM
. I'm not saying No. 2 overall pick Von Miller is the next Aaron Curry, but the history of taking outside linebackers in the top five, then playing them in 4-3 defenses, isn't all that glowing in terms of recent impact.

Stewie
04-29-2011, 05:25 PM
Aundray Bruce

Aundray Bruce

Aundray Bruce

88TG88
04-29-2011, 05:39 PM
whoever did the baron von miller tag is a winner

veist
04-29-2011, 11:13 PM
http://www.denverpost.com/kiszla/ci_17952718

To quote a friend Solder getting debacled by Acho in the Sr. Bowl was seriously the most embarrassing thing I've seen an OT do. And I saw Allen Barbre flail ineffectually at Jared Allen two years ago.

I'm not sure Solder saying he's hard to block is meaningful.

Von Dumbass
04-29-2011, 11:32 PM
To quote a friend

I'm not sure Solder saying he's hard to block is meaningful.

Him getting by Solder isn't what was impressive it was the quote where Solder said that he couldn't even touch him because he was so quick.

Von Dumbass
04-29-2011, 11:34 PM
And scott wright, and sports illustrated....

Gruden said Von Miller was the #1 player on his board and both he and Mel Kiper compared him to Derrick Thomas.

notorious
04-29-2011, 11:42 PM
Meh, just like our draft picks, he is just a rookie who hasn't done shit in the NFL.

Thinking a rookie will make an impact is like masterbating. You will feel good about yourself until you realize that the moment has passed and you have accomplished nothing.

DA_T_84
04-29-2011, 11:46 PM
Meh, just like our draft picks, he is just a rookie who hasn't done shit in the NFL.

Thinking a rookie will make an impact is like masterbating. You will feel good about yourself until you realize that the moment has passed and you have accomplished nothing.

I'm still hard from Eric Berry.

notorious
04-29-2011, 11:48 PM
I'm still hard from Eric Berry.

He is a rarity.

And yes, mine lasted more then 4 hours. More like 357 days and counting.

Von Dumbass
04-29-2011, 11:57 PM

This is the highest pick in franchise history (Elway doesn't count Colts drafted him and we traded for him) and he is the front runner for DROY.

DA_T_84
04-29-2011, 11:59 PM
This is the highest pick in franchise history (Elway doesn't count Colts drafted him and we traded for him) and he is the front runner for DROY.

Have you seen Bailey's arms?

notorious
04-29-2011, 11:59 PM

We have a frontrunner less then 48 hours after the pick?

Damn KnowMo, you impress me with your enthusiasm more and more every day! :)

veist
04-30-2011, 12:09 AM
Him getting by Solder isn't what was impressive it was the quote where Solder said that he couldn't even touch him because he was so quick.

Sam Acho was clowning Solder all day long at the Senior Bowl. Of course Solder couldn't touch him, he struggled to put hands on Sam Acho. It isn't a meaningful comparison.

Rausch
04-30-2011, 12:54 AM
Great pick.

I think he's the DJ (Derrick Johnson) for your defense.

He can be an explosive playmaker if they use him right...