PDA

View Full Version : Food and Drink Dessert Warfare: Round 1, Match 12

Rain Man
04-29-2011, 04:27 PM
Second-to-last set of matchups in Round One.

Rain Man
04-29-2011, 04:33 PM
Chocolate eclair vs. Peach cobbler

Peach cobbler sounds good, but chocolate eclairs are heavenly. It's so nice to bite into the pastry and taste the chocolate and then - wow! - cream!

Boston Cream Pie vs. Moose tracks ice cream (vanilla with fudge and peanut butter cups)

An Ali-Foreman matchup in Round One. I love the ice cream, but would pick the pie just because I don't see it very often. Is it hard to make or something?

White Chocolate Raspberry Truffle Cheesecake vs. Blackberry cobbler

I'm not into blackberries. I don't like the gritty chewing of the seeds. I'll go with the cheesecake, which sounds quite tasty.

Chocolate Ice Cream vs. Lagavulin 16 Year Whiskey

If I was in an Iranian prison and every day I was given the choice between chocolate ice cream and whiskey, I would pick the chocolate ice cream every day. Maybe if I was held for more than 20 years I'd get curious at some point and try the whiskey, and then I'd be mad that I didn't pick ice cream.

Snickers Cupcakes: (Devil's food cake filled w/ Peanuts and Caramel, vanilla frosting, and peanuts and chocolate syrup) vs. Chocolate cream pie

The Snickers cupcakes sound quite tasty, but I have a weakness for chocolate pie. I'll go with the the pie.

patteeu
04-29-2011, 05:10 PM
Chocolate eclair - Mmm mmm.

Moose tracks ice cream (vanilla with fudge and peanut butter cups) - This is pretty good stuff.

White Chocolate Raspberry Truffle Cheesecake - I could have gone either way here, but a tie goes to cheesecake over cobbler.

Chocolate Ice Cream - I'm not really a big chocolate ice cream fan, but whiskey for dessert? Really?

Chocolate cream pie - The snickers cupcakes sounded good, but I'll just go with the basic chocolate cream pie. I like cream pies.

Renegade
04-29-2011, 05:41 PM
This heat features the hardest pick for me up to this point. Moose Tracks vs Boston Cream Pie was very tough for me to pick, but Moose tracks won in the end.

Amnorix
04-29-2011, 09:54 PM
An Ali-Foreman matchup in Round One. I love the ice cream, but would pick the pie just because I don't see it very often. Is it hard to make or something?

I dunno if it's hard to make, but they're always available around here in local supermarkets. It is very good stuff.

Rain Man
05-01-2011, 06:56 PM
Since I started this one on a Friday afternoon, I'll bring it back up to give the weekday crew a chance to vote.

Rain Man
05-01-2011, 06:58 PM
I dunno if it's hard to make, but they're always available around here in local supermarkets. It is very good stuff.

Maybe it's easier to make in Boston - local knowledge or local cream supplies or something. Boston Cream Pie is a rare delicacy out here in the west.

Rain Man
05-02-2011, 11:03 AM
Losses for peach cobbler, moose tracks, truffle cheesecake (kind of a surprise to me), whiskey, and Snickers.

Bump
05-02-2011, 11:10 AM
You know what I had the other day at a restaurant? For dessert they had this chocolate stout float with vanilla ice cream, not bad. I would have entered that into this contest.