04-29-2011, 09:21 PM
Losers: Rams

Count Alex's Wins
04-29-2011, 09:22 PM
Chiefs. http://i52.tinypic.com/2ue79l3.jpg

ChiefsCountry
04-29-2011, 09:24 PM
Still stunned by the Pats.

Why they got another 2nd round pick next year and Mallett will land them a big payday in the future.

Rams Fan
04-29-2011, 09:25 PM
Why they got another 2nd round pick next year and Mallett will land them a big payday in the future.

I'm not shocked that they picked Mallett. I'm shocked Mallett was still there, and they got 2 RBs.

Von Dumbass
04-29-2011, 09:26 PM
Denver got the best safety prospect in the entire draft, a mean and nasty RT, and our future starting MIKE.

Getting a MLB in this draft and being able to move DJ Williams back to WILL is probably going to move Denver's run defense up 10 spots alone.

Reerun_KC
04-29-2011, 09:27 PM
Denver got the best safety prospect in the entire draft, a mean and nasty RT, and our future starting MIKE.

Getting a MLB in this draft and being able to move DJ Williams back to WILL is probably going to move Denver's run defense up 10 spots alone.

ROFL

DBOSHO
04-29-2011, 09:28 PM

I remember my first beer.

OnTheWarpath58
04-29-2011, 09:35 PM
Haven't really taken the time to process everyone else's picks, but I felt pretty good until our second pick in R3.

I like Bailey, hell, I took him for the Chargers as a 5-tech in the second round.

It just irks me that we're addressing this position - AGAIN - and passed on Kenrick Ellis. As soon as we passed, I could hear Rex Ryan celebrating.

Just wondering what we didn't like about the kid.

Another year without a legit NT - frustrating.

Good work overall, however. Really like the Hudson pick.

BossChief

someone say you could change your sig?

Von Dumbass
He will be playing SAM

Von Dumbass
04-29-2011, 09:36 PM
someone say you could change your sig?

:cuss:

BossChief
04-29-2011, 09:38 PM
We came in with 5 IMMEDIATE NEEDS at starting spots and we have filled 3 of them with PREMIER talents.

Another praising is in order.

Count Alex's Wins
04-29-2011, 09:39 PM
I like Bailey, hell, I took him for the Chargers as a 5-tech in the second round.

It just irks me that we're addressing this position - AGAIN - and passed on Kenrick Ellis.

Well, we do need depth at 5-tech. And there is the idea of value over need to consider.

If Pioli wants Powe, and we need 5-tech depth, maybe this is how he wants to do it.

After seeing what happened today I'm fairly confident Pioli has a plan to go get a NT in the 4 months before the season whether it be the last day of the draft, FA or trade. Shit, he addressed WR, OLB and C in TWO DAYS.

BossChief
04-29-2011, 09:40 PM
:cuss:

I think you should wear it until the first game (preseason or not) is played.

Thats fair.

threebag02
04-29-2011, 09:41 PM
He will be playing SAM

You could go play with freeway traffic.

Count Alex's Wins
04-29-2011, 09:43 PM
We came in with 5 IMMEDIATE NEEDS at starting spots and we have filled 3 of them with PREMIER talents.

Another praising is in order.

Next year will be a great year to add lots and lots of depth to the roster.

CHAMPIONSHIP PUSH!

OnTheWarpath58
04-29-2011, 09:43 PM
Well, we do need depth at 5-tech. And there is the idea of value over need to consider.

If Pioli wants Powe, and we need 5-tech depth, maybe this is how he wants to do it.

After seeing what happened today I'm fairly confident Pioli has a plan to go get a NT in the 4 months before the season whether it be the last day of the draft, FA or trade. Shit, he addressed WR, OLB and C in TWO DAYS.

I hope he doesn't want Powe. I have no idea what some of you see in him. Dude's a 6th round pick at best.

My point about the position is that we've spent the 3rd overall and two 3rd round picks on the position in the past 3 drafts. One of those players isn't even on the fucking roster anymore.

Meanwhile, the most important position in a 34 defense goes unfilled for the 3rd straight year. Anyone he gets in the draft at this point is JAG. Best case scenario is to deal for Sammie Lee Hill in Detroit once the league year starts.

Again, I like Bailey as a player, I just hate that we keep fucking spending draft picks on goddamn 5-techs.

factortobe
04-29-2011, 09:47 PM

Lay down the bong your frying your mind!!ROFL

BossChief
04-29-2011, 09:49 PM
Going off this past years tape, Powe is a late rounder.

If you go off the previous years tape, he is a solid 2.

The previous year, he was doing the things he would be doing here and last year he was a "Warren Sapp" project and it wasn't very productive.

There MUCT be something behind the scenes going on, hemust have a big skeleton in his closet.

OnTheWarpath58
04-29-2011, 09:50 PM
Going off this past years tape, Powe is a late rounder.

If you go off the previous years tape, he is a solid 2.

The previous year, he was doing the things he would be doing here and last year he was a "Warren Sapp" project and it wasn't very productive.

There MUCT be something behind the scenes going on, hemust have a big skeleton in his closet.

You mean besides the fact that Terri Schaivo would beat him in a game of Scrabble?

BossChief
04-29-2011, 09:57 PM
You mean besides the fact that Terri Schaivo would beat him in a game of Scrabble?

maybe when Romeo worked him out, he got the feeling that he isnt smart enough to learn how to effectively 2gap at the NFL level.

If your NT cant do that, the whole defense suffers for it and its a wasted pick.

milkman
04-29-2011, 09:58 PM
Haven't really taken the time to process everyone else's picks, but I felt pretty good until our second pick in R3.

It just irks me that we're addressing this position - AGAIN - and passed on Kenrick Ellis. As soon as we passed, I could hear Rex Ryan celebrating.

Just wondering what we didn't like about the kid.

Another year without a legit NT - frustrating.

Good work overall, however. Really like the Hudson pick.

There's a report that Ellis is facing a felony charge in the draft thread that was posted by Bryan Busby a short time ago.

OnTheWarpath58
04-29-2011, 10:00 PM
maybe when Romeo worked him out, he got the feeling that he isnt smart enough to learn how to effectively 2gap at the NFL level.

If your NT cant do that, the whole defense suffers for it and its a wasted pick.

Got the feeling?

Dude's dyslexic, and has some serious intelligence issues. If he scored double digits on the Wonderlic I'd be shocked.

At this point, I want no part of a NT. There aren't any left worth using a pick on, IMO.

Hell, I'd rather they use a late pick on the OT from (TCU?) with testicular cancer. He holds more value than any remaining NT.

Count Alex's Wins
04-29-2011, 10:00 PM
Powe scored a 15 on the wonderlic

OnTheWarpath58
04-29-2011, 10:02 PM
There's a report that Ellis is facing a felony charge in the draft thread that was posted by Bryan Busby a short time ago.

Didn't seem to bother Rex.

(if true, I know Pioli would never take the chance)

I guess another year of getting gashed up the middle isn't going to kill us...

OnTheWarpath58
04-29-2011, 10:02 PM
Powe scored a 15 on the wonderlic

Who took it for him?

LMAO

Just Passin' By
04-29-2011, 10:03 PM

Someone must have spiked Belichick's water.

BigRock
04-29-2011, 10:05 PM

Wasn't he also kicked off his original college team? Or was that another guy.

milkman
04-29-2011, 10:06 PM
Didn't seem to bother Rex.

(if true, I know Pioli would never take the chance)

I guess another year of getting gashed up the middle isn't going to kill us...

If convicted, and he goes to jail, Ryan and the Jets are going to get torched.

It's a piss poor selection if he can't play for the next year or two.

milkman
04-29-2011, 10:07 PM
Wasn't he also kicked off his original college team? Or was that another guy.

Yes he was.

Rams Fan
04-29-2011, 10:10 PM
I wasn't able to watch the end of Round 2, but did the Lions trade up for LeShoure?

OnTheWarpath58
04-29-2011, 10:17 PM

Why?

They do it every year. Belichick's a fucking genius.

Went into the weekend with what, six picks in the first 90 - took 5 players and still walked away with a 1st AND a 2nd next year - a year they were going to be short on picks.

Dude owns the draft.

xbarretx
04-29-2011, 10:22 PM
I remember my first beer.

+REP

Chiefnj2
04-29-2011, 10:24 PM
Ellis' first offense. He now has money. I wouldn't be surprised if the lead witness no longer remembers much.

nascher
04-29-2011, 10:27 PM
Why?

They do it every year. Belichick's a ****ing genius.

Went into the weekend with what, six picks in the first 90 - took 5 players and still walked away with a 1st AND a 2nd next year - a year they were going to be short on picks.

Dude owns the draft.

Or the Raiders they are supplying NE with high picks every year.

RedThat
04-29-2011, 10:39 PM
There are no "real" blue chip studs at NT in this draft. I don't think the Chiefs are disregarding the position either. I just think they're going with the best possible value & need available when they pick. (i.e., who would you rather have, Baldwin or Taylor? Think about it? both guys were positions of needs at the time, but who was the better value? I think Baldwin.).

And Im with OTWP58, not a fan of Powe. Just because he is a NT that doesn't necessarily translate into him being a "good" NT in the NFL. Many of us feel desperate to address this position, I understand. But then what about value? If he was so good then how come teams are passing up on him? Why is he dropping? Whats the knock on him? We are in the 4th round and he is still not picked yet. That says a lot about his value. I agree with what the Chiefs are doing by passing on him. If we are going to address this position, we do it by adding good quality players. Yeah it sucks that we might have to go another year without a good starting NT. But imo, they've addressed three positions of need in WR, C, and a passrushing OLB. And did so with good value at the time they picked. So good job Pioli! Rome wasn't built in one day, but one day that NT will come. Apparently just not right now.

KC Tattoo
04-30-2011, 01:11 AM
Chiefs. http://i52.tinypic.com/2ue79l3.jpg

This...

& the rest of our division sucked ass on this day.

I dont's see any players that they got that jump out to scare us.

LMAO at donks RND 3 pick Nate Irving LB rated 5.3

Then three picks later we pick Justin Houston LB rated 8.1 & bad ass.

Rausch
04-30-2011, 01:15 AM
This...

& the rest of our division sucked ass on this day.

I dont's see any players that they got that jump out to scare us.

LMAO at donks RND 3 pick Nate Irving LB rated 5.3

Then three picks later we pick Justin Houston LB rated 8.1 & bad ass.

I really don't give 2 farts out a fat frog's ass about anyone's draft grade.

The best grade there is would be matching NEED + VALUE and we pretty much clobbered that one.

That was a Bo Jackson walk off...

L.A. Chieffan
04-30-2011, 01:17 AM
Bailey was a wasted pick. Tjax is a beast

Rausch
04-30-2011, 01:21 AM
Bailey was a wasted pick. Tjax is a beast

You came in full retard and have gone on wobbling at the mouth ever since...

L.A. Chieffan
04-30-2011, 01:23 AM
You came in full retard and have gone on wobbling at the mouth ever since...

Thanks homie

Rausch
04-30-2011, 01:28 AM
Thanks homie

Well, $3it.

Now you make a brother feel guilty.

veist
04-30-2011, 01:35 AM

The best safety in the entire draft? Rahim Moore is a prospect on the level of like Major Wright last year and Wright went 30 picks later.

-King-
04-30-2011, 02:13 AM
LMAO

About 30 minutes after the TV show aired on CBS, the Jets used their third-round draft pick on massive nose tackle Kenrick Ellis (http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft/player/_/id/27253/kenrick-ellis), who is facing up to 20 years in prison on a felony assault charge. Ellis, who allegedly broke the jaw and nose of a man last April in an altercation on the Hampton (Va.) University campus, is scheduled to stand trial on July 12, according to an April 27 story in the Daily Press of Newport News, Va.
http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/columns/story?columnist=cimini_rich&id=6453330

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-30-2011, 02:27 AM
There really wasn't an NT worth a damn at any of our picks. We maximized value and need.

People don't want to think about it, but we have a pretty big hole at LDE, and Tyson Jackson isn't filling it. It wouldn't surprise me at all to see Bailey beat out Jackson. He's a hell of a lot stronger, he's a better athlete, and he was a more productive college player.

I'd love for us to emerge from these next two rounds with some combination of RT, QB, ILB, slot WR, or RB. Here's hoping Salas makes it to our fourth rounder

Rausch
04-30-2011, 02:44 AM
There really wasn't an NT worth a damn at any of our picks.

BS.

We maximized value and need.

We took that pitch and knocked it out the fucking park..

People don't want to think about it, but we have a pretty big hole at LDE, and Tyson Jackson isn't filling it. It wouldn't surprise me at all to see Bailey beat out Jackson.

I'd bet money that he will. He's far more talented and while undersized he'll battle.

He's a hell of a lot stronger, he's a better athlete, and he was a more productive college player.

He's also a better, smarter, pick.

THIS is where you get that LDE in a 3-4, NOT in the top 5 which probably had every GM in the league laughing at Pioli...

Saccopoo
04-30-2011, 02:46 AM
There really wasn't an NT worth a damn at any of our picks. We maximized value and need.

People don't want to think about it, but we have a pretty big hole at LDE, and Tyson Jackson isn't filling it. It wouldn't surprise me at all to see Bailey beat out Jackson. He's a hell of a lot stronger, he's a better athlete, and he was a more productive college player.

I'd love for us to emerge from these next two rounds with some combination of RT, QB, ILB, slot WR, or RB. Here's hoping Salas makes it to our fourth rounder

Don't say that.

Guys out of Hawaii suck at the next level. Especially on the offensive side of the ball, where they are the Texas Tech of the Pacific.

Day 3, Round Four:

Are you kidding me?

Sam Acho, OLB/DE; Texas (WTF? This guy is balls! How is he in Round 4?!!!)

Clint Boling, OT/G; Georgia (Holy shit?! Boling is a stud at four line positions. Draft this fucker Scott!)

Jerrel Powe, NT; Ole Miss (If he's there when the Chiefs draft...wait...the previous two guys are just like this...Can we get three more fourth rounders please?)

Ricky Stanzi, QB; Iowa (Okay, the fourth round talent level is fucking nuts.)

Marcus Cannon, Edmond Gates, Chris Carter, James Brewer, Tandon Doss, Jason Pinkston...

Jesus, this is a stacked fourth round!

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-30-2011, 02:48 AM
Don't say that.

Guys out of Hawaii suck at the next level. Especially on the offensive side of the ball, where they are the Texas Tech of the Pacific.

Day 3, Round Four:

Are you kidding me?

Clint Boling, OT/G; Georgia (Holy shit?! Boling is a stud at four line positions. Draft this fucker Scott!)

Jerrel Powe, NT; Ole Miss (If he's there when the Chiefs draft...wait...the previous two guys are just like this...Can we get three more fourth rounders please?)

Ricky Stanzi, QB; Iowa (Okay, the fourth round talent level is fucking nuts.)

Marcus Cannon, Edmond Gates, Chris Carter, James Brewer, Tandon Doss, Jason Pinkston...

Jesus, this is a stacked fourth round!

Salas was a much bigger Davone Bess, who went UD, and Bess has been a great slot WR for the Dolphins.

Rausch
04-30-2011, 02:48 AM

FUCKING SCREAMED for the guy but........no........no dice.

OUR loss...:sulk:

Micjones
04-30-2011, 06:15 AM
Not sure we should go back to the WR well.
I wouldn't mind adding more talent to the position, but we have a pretty big pick invested in McCluster.

I'd like to see: NT, QB, ILB, RB, T or G the rest of the way.

milkman
04-30-2011, 06:38 AM
Not sure we should go back to the WR well.
I wouldn't mind adding more talent to the position, but we have a pretty big pick invested in McCluster.

I'd like to see: NT, QB, ILB, RB, T or G the rest of the way.

You're going to pass on a slot WR because of McNuggett?

Really?

Infidel Goat
04-30-2011, 07:04 AM

They'd better improve because our offense surely has. I can't see them moving up 10 spots when they play us twice a year...

Dylan
04-30-2011, 10:27 AM

Why? Do you actually believe BB is a genius by stockpiling draft picks?

I don't. Actually, all this trading down does is make the Patriots miss out on the best dynamic players in the draft.

How would you like to pass on Clay Matthews by trading places with GB?

How about Dez Byrant. And the list goes on and on...

Just my opinion -- and I think a damn good one at that.

Cue in Pats fans and let the bashing begin ;)

Reminder to my boys at CP... NASCAR Cup race tonight at 7:30 pm