PDA

View Full Version : Media Trump takes a beating at 2011 Correspondents Dinner

Fishpicker
05-01-2011, 03:04 AM
<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/HCkTzqIW-qw&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/HCkTzqIW-qw&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></embed></object>

<iframe width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/9mDfkVQYBYk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Trump is a pretty easy target. Meyers was struggling with his jokes that weren't locked on to Trump. Obama did pretty well and he can take a joke a lot better than Donald. I don't enjoy the WHCA speakers unless they create some tension or unease. too bad only Donald felt that tension. Trump was staring daggers.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/n9mzJhvC-8E" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

even better. lots of face rubbing in this video

Count Zarth
05-01-2011, 07:11 AM
A fox often appears on Donald Trump's head. LMAO

Count Zarth
05-01-2011, 07:24 AM
This is pretty funny.

<object width="640" height="360"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/n9mzJhvC-8E?fs=1&hl=en_US&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/n9mzJhvC-8E?fs=1&hl=en_US&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="640" height="360" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

VAChief
05-01-2011, 11:17 AM
"unless 'the Blacks' are a family of white people..."LMAOLMAOLMAO

patteeu
05-01-2011, 01:31 PM
In addition to being the worst President in modern history, Barack Obama also seems to be the least classy President in modern history.

Chiefshrink
05-01-2011, 01:34 PM
Let's just call this the "Alinsky Trump Roast". :thumb:

Oh they laugh now:thumb:

FD
05-01-2011, 01:40 PM
That first clip is hilarious.

Chiefshrink
05-01-2011, 01:44 PM
In addition to being the worst President in modern history, Barack Obama also seems to be the least classy President in modern history.

He is a very cold and vindictive person when it comes to 'criticism' and because of his extreme insecurity to "criticism" he will always get revenge never taking the high honorable road. His skin is soooooooooooooo thin it makes tissue paper look like a quilt.

It is very easy to get under his skin. Matter of fact his sensitivity level is on the same level as Nixon's IMO. And that is not good but the Marxist Media knows this and they continue to cover so he really doesn't have to worry about it too much but you are right 'patt' when someone does level criticism that calls him out he has "NEVER" taken the high road of "turning the other cheek".:thumb:

banyon
05-01-2011, 01:47 PM

What's "modern history" for you?

Brock
05-01-2011, 02:48 PM
He is a very cold and vindictive person when it comes to 'criticism' and because of his extreme insecurity to "criticism" he will always get revenge never taking the high honorable road. His skin is soooooooooooooo thin it makes tissue paper look like a quilt.

It is very easy to get under his skin. Matter of fact his sensitivity level is on the same level as Nixon's IMO. And that is not good but the Marxist Media knows this and they continue to cover so he really doesn't have to worry about it too much but you are right 'patt' when someone does level criticism that calls him out he has "NEVER" taken the high road of "turning the other cheek".:thumb:

So he's about the same as Trump as far that goes?

patteeu
05-01-2011, 02:52 PM
What's "modern history" for you?

Let's go back to Gerald Ford for purposes of this discussion. Do you disagree?

SNR
05-01-2011, 02:54 PM
Let's go back to Gerald Ford for purposes of this discussion. Do you disagree?Well I mean, most historians identify the 17th century as modern history, but there are sub-categorizations of it. Early, middle, late, etc.

patteeu
05-01-2011, 02:57 PM
Well I mean, most historians identify the 17th century as modern history, but there are sub-categorizations of it. Early, middle, late, etc.

Ambiguity noted, lol. Defining modern history as Gerald Ford's presidency to present, do you disagree that Barack Obama is the least classy president we've had during that period? His need to make jokes at other people's expense rather than taking a more traditional self-effacing approach really rubs me the wrong way.

mlyonsd
05-01-2011, 03:27 PM
Ambiguity noted, lol. Defining modern history as Gerald Ford's presidency to present, do you disagree that Barack Obama is the least classy president we've had during that period? His need to make jokes at other people's expense rather than taking a more traditional self-effacing approach really rubs me the wrong way.

Obama is pretending to stay 'classy' by just making jokes. He's letting the media do the dirty work by portraying Trump as a racist.

Amnorix
05-01-2011, 03:27 PM

Forgive us for taking this with a grain of salt, giving that his breathing, clothes and hair style also rub you the wrong way. Just as Cheney could do absolutely no wrong, neither can Obama do any right, in your book.

banyon
05-01-2011, 03:30 PM
Let's go back to Gerald Ford for purposes of this discussion. Do you disagree?

Well for starters, Ford was certainly no great shakes.

Carter's poor reactions economically and foreign policy wise eclipse anything done so far by Obama, who has actually brought the economy partially out of a bad recession (though it hasn't really trickled down to Main St. yet). Carter's economy sucked for everyone.

Reagan was better by far. I don't agree with everything he did, but he's a top 10 president.

Bush Sr. handled a recession poorly, broke his policy on taxes, and then got us in a war, that he did have an exit plan for though. Like Obama, his legislative achievements were few and far between. I'd say that's basically a wash.

Clinton ran the economy very well, but also achieved little in the way of meaningful policy changes. He did balance the budget too, which none of these other guys did.

Bush Jr. was pretty atrocious. Got us involved in two costly wars, one of which wasn't really necessary, and he had no exit strategy for either. Also left us with vastly increased debt. His legislative "achievements" like No Child left behind and the Medicare prescription drug benefit probably got him re-elected, but have emerged as giant boondoggles that are now seen as problematic by both left and right.

Obama entered with about the worst hand you can get dealt. He's already mired in the 2 wars, and the biggest market crash since the depression hits right before he takes office. That being said, his responses which irresponsibly increased our debt and gave our stimulus tax money with virtually no accountability (though Bush started the programs), were pretty bad. He also hasn't made any progress in solving or exiting us from the two costly wars and now may have us in a third, when we can't afford any of them really. His leadership style is too much of a delegating one (like entrusting Health Care to Pelosi) and reactive one (like his new budget proposal and his recent release of the long form birth certificate) for "modern" American tastes. His only legislative "achievement' now known as "Obamacare" even though it's nothing like the proposal he campaigned on (in fact it's like Hillary Clinton's) is despised by regular americans and people to the left and right of him, including me. While incomplete, should he lose in 2012, I would consider him a poor president, but not last on this list.

If I had to rank them from best to worst, it would be:

Reagan, Clinton, Ford (mainly because he wasn't in office long enough to do any real damage), Bush Sr., Obama, Bush Jr., Carter.

It's not just about what happens when you are president, it's also about how you react to it. Lincoln was despised by many during the civil war, and it is widely believed that if Sherman hadn't taken Atlanta when he did, Lincoln would've lost. Yet he is remembered as perhaps our greatest president. Reagan, also, was unpopular early in his term before the economy righted itself. While I don't think history at this point would give Obama high marks on anything, I don't think he will compare poorly with many of the rest of these bums either.

patteeu
05-01-2011, 03:34 PM
Forgive us for taking this with a grain of salt, giving that his breathing, clothes and hair style also rub you the wrong way. Just as Cheney could do absolutely no wrong, neither can Obama do any right, in your book.

I don't have any problem with Obama's hair style.

Do you think Obama's jokes at the Correspondent's dinner were classy?

patteeu
05-01-2011, 03:36 PM
Well for starters, Ford was certainly no great shakes.

Carter's poor reactions economically and foreign policy wise eclipse anything done so far by Obama, who has actually brought the economy partially out of a bad recession (though it hasn't really trickled down to Main St. yet). Carter's economy sucked for everyone.

Reagan was better by far. I don't agree with everything he did, but he's a top 10 president.

Bush Sr. handled a recession poorly, broke his policy on taxes, and then got us in a war, that he did have an exit plan for though. Like Obama, his legislative achievements were few and far between. I'd say that's basically a wash.

Clinton ran the economy very well, but also achieved little in the way of meaningful policy changes. He did balance the budget too, which none of these other guys did.

Bush Jr. was pretty atrocious. Got us involved in two costly wars, one of which wasn't really necessary, and he had no exit strategy for either. Also left us with vastly increased debt. His legislative "achievements" like No Child left behind and the Medicare prescription drug benefit probably got him re-elected, but have emerged as giant boondoggles that are now seen as problematic by both left and right.

Obama entered with about the worst hand you can get dealt. He's already mired in the 2 wars, and the biggest market crash since the depression hits right before he takes office. That being said, his responses which irresponsibly increased our debt and gave our stimulus tax money with virtually no accountability (though Bush started the programs), were pretty bad. He also hasn't made any progress in solving or exiting us from the two costly wars and now may have us in a third, when we can't afford any of them really. His leadership style is too much of a delegating one (like entrusting Health Care to Pelosi) and reactive one (like his new budget proposal and his recent release of the long form birth certificate) for "modern" American tastes. His only legislative "achievement' now known as "Obamacare" even though it's nothing like the proposal he campaigned on (in fact it's like Hillary Clinton's) is despised by regular americans and people to the left and right of him, including me. While incomplete, should he lose in 2012, I would consider him a poor president, but not last on this list.

If I had to rank them from best to worst, it would be:

Reagan, Clinton, Ford (mainly because he wasn't in office long enough to do any real damage), Bush Sr., Obama, Bush Jr., Carter.

It's not just about what happens when you are president, it's also about how you react to it. Lincoln was despised by many during the civil war, and it is widely believed that if Sherman hadn't taken Atlanta when he did, Lincoln would've lost. Yet he is remembered as perhaps our greatest president. Reagan, also, was unpopular early in his term before the economy righted itself. While I don't think history at this point would give Obama high marks on anything, I don't think he will compare poorly with many of the rest of these bums either.

I appreciate the detailed analysis and write up, but what I really meant to ask was whether you disagree with my assessment of Obama's classiness (or lack thereof).

go bowe
05-01-2011, 03:43 PM

maybe not, but they were funny as hell... :p :p :p

banyon
05-01-2011, 03:47 PM
I appreciate the detailed analysis and write up, but what I really meant to ask was whether you disagree with my assessment of Obama's classiness (or lack thereof).

Classiness? That's what's important to you?

Well, I don't think he's any less classy than Bush Jr., that's for sure. Bush regularly ridiculed people, didn't conduct himself well at meetings with foreign dignitaries, and seemed tone deaf to how his playing golf and guitar while serious world events (9-11 and Hurricane Katrina) were going on.

Clinton lied under oath and was f*cking interns and leaving semen stains on dresses, but Obama is the least classy? C'mon. :rolleyes: Clinton demeaned the institution.

The rest of the guys on the list were reasonably classy.

ChiefaRoo
05-01-2011, 04:00 PM

Will you please quit living in the past?! A Cheney reference? It's been almost three years there chowda.

But if you insist on living in the past at least lets change your reference. How 'bout this one "Just as Carter could do absolutely no right, neither can Obama."

Enjoy your $5/gallon gas and the 1.8% growth that only an East Coast two smart by half New Englander can appreciate.

|Zach|
05-01-2011, 04:02 PM
These things are always hilarious IMO.

Seth Meyer's bit about there being one person that could beat the President...2008 Barack Obama. "You would have really liked that guy Mr. President" lol

And the whole blacks as a family of whites Trump dig was pretty funny.

banyon
05-01-2011, 04:06 PM
Will you please quit living in the past?! A Cheney reference? It's been almost three years there chowda.

But if you insist on living in the past at least lets change your reference. How 'bout this one "Just as Carter could do absolutely no right, neither can Obama."

Enjoy your $5/gallon gas and the 1.8% growth that only an East Coast two smart by half New Englander can appreciate.

"Living in the past"? He was simply responding to patteeu's historical comparison. If there's a historical discussion, it's usually ok to mention historical facts, isn't it?

patteeu
05-01-2011, 04:36 PM
Classiness? That's what's important to you?

Well, I don't think he's any less classy than Bush Jr., that's for sure. Bush regularly ridiculed people, didn't conduct himself well at meetings with foreign dignitaries, and seemed tone deaf to how his playing golf and guitar while serious world events (9-11 and Hurricane Katrina) were going on.

Clinton lied under oath and was f*cking interns and leaving semen stains on dresses, but Obama is the least classy? C'mon. :rolleyes: Clinton demeaned the institution.

The rest of the guys on the list were reasonably classy.

:spock: Bush Jr. quit playing golf (in 2003) to avoid just what you're accusing him of. I don't think there's any comparison between GWBush and Obama when it comes to classiness (with Bush being far superior). Clinton is a much closer call but I still think he beats Obama.

banyon
05-01-2011, 04:41 PM
:spock: Bush Jr. quit playing golf (in 2003) to avoid just what you're accusing him of. I don't think there's any comparison between GWBush and Obama when it comes to classiness (with Bush being far superior). Clinton is a much closer call but I still think he beats Obama.

What's so damned unclassy about him that trumps leaving around the blue dress? Or flying in on an f-16 and declaring mission accomplished with a war that continued for another 8-10 years? Don't leave us in suspense any longer...

alnorth
05-01-2011, 04:58 PM
Trump was already an unqualified moron with his brilliant ideas on foreign policy.

As far as I'm concerned, I can now add "thin-skinned crybaby" to that list. There was absolutely nothing inappropriate or "unclassy" about the jokes in the WH Press dinner.

go bowe
05-01-2011, 05:14 PM
yeah, the donald didn't look too happy with the jokes and they piled on him mercilessly...

hilarious jokes and hilarious reactions from trump...

love it...

Fishpicker
05-01-2011, 05:38 PM
the one thing I didn't like about this roast is that it was so one-sided. I wouldn't have shown up if I were Trump.

Seth Meyers made a joke about Obama but it was very tame and was really praise instead of abuse. The best roast was when Colbert tore into Bush. GWB was pretty stoic but you could tell it bothered him. I felt some empathy for GWB even though he completely deserved it.

Ugly Duck
05-01-2011, 05:48 PM
FOX got slapped around, Trump got trounced, digs at the Teabaggers, birthers & Batshit Bachman... it was a great party!

Captain Obvious
05-01-2011, 05:50 PM
The butthurt is strong in this thread.

ChiefaRoo
05-01-2011, 06:24 PM
"Living in the past"? He was simply responding to patteeu's historical comparison. If there's a historical discussion, it's usually ok to mention historical facts, isn't it?

Time for you guys to get over your Bush derangement syndrome.

banyon
05-01-2011, 06:56 PM
Time for you guys to get over your Bush derangement syndrome.

No derangement. He sucked. It's over. Obama sucks too, and its to be determined if it's as much as Bush or not.

patteeu
05-01-2011, 07:18 PM
What's so damned unclassy about him that trumps leaving around the blue dress? Or flying in on an f-16 and declaring mission accomplished with a war that continued for another 8-10 years? Don't leave us in suspense any longer...

I don't see anything wrong or unclassy about flying in on a jet (I think it was actually an S-3) to congratulate troops returning from war.

Dave Lane
05-01-2011, 07:19 PM

I don't think Trump is that horrible. At least in his left wing leanings but you would know better than I. At least Obama doesn't have a stick up his ass at can laugh at himself. I think you and Pete are right Obama is just plain classy.

patteeu
05-01-2011, 07:21 PM
Trump was already an unqualified moron with his brilliant ideas on foreign policy.

As far as I'm concerned, I can now add "thin-skinned crybaby" to that list. There was absolutely nothing inappropriate or "unclassy" about the jokes in the WH Press dinner.

I don't have any problem with Seth Meyers poking at Donald Trump, but the POTUS shouldn't be using that forum to belittle his critics like that. It shows a lack of self-confidence, IMO.

banyon
05-01-2011, 07:22 PM
I don't see anything wrong or unclassy about flying in on a jet (I think it was actually an S-3) to congratulate troops returning from war.

I'm sure you don't.

But you didn't answer my question about Obama.

patteeu
05-01-2011, 07:27 PM
the one thing I didn't like about this roast is that it was so one-sided. I wouldn't have shown up if I were Trump.

Seth Meyers made a joke about Obama but it was very tame and was really praise instead of abuse. The best roast was when Colbert tore into Bush. GWB was pretty stoic but you could tell it bothered him. I felt some empathy for GWB even though he completely deserved it.

If it was a roast, it would be a different story, but it's not supposed to be. It would also be a different story if the jokes were aimed at journalists or the media in general since it was a correspondents' dinner. A joke here or there about newsmakers like Trump or Palin wouldn't be a problem, but it shouldn't come from the POTUS unless it's clearly light-hearted and it shouldn't become a focused attack, IMO.

patteeu
05-01-2011, 07:29 PM
I'm sure you don't.

But you didn't answer my question about Obama.

His performance at this dinner is what brought his classlessness to mind. I thought I made that clear in my earlier posts. Choosing to tell mean-spirited jokes at his political enemy's expense rather than choosing to be self-deprecating, for example.

tk13
05-01-2011, 07:33 PM
Who cares? These people are all going to wage war with each other and say a lot of vicious things that are far worse than this over the next 18 months.

The best part of the whole thing was Trump sitting there stone faced. That was hilarious.

patteeu
05-01-2011, 07:37 PM
I think there's a time and place for savaging your opponent and a time and place for being classy. Obama's performance wasn't appropriate for this occasion. His treatment of Paul Ryan when he gave his budget mulligan speech wasn't appropriate either.

tk13
05-01-2011, 07:44 PM
I actually think Trump makes some fair points when he sticks to the issues. But unfortunately he's always had a habit of viciously insulting the people he disagrees with and acting like an idiot. It's funny when it's about a TV show, but this is the real world now. Feeling sorry for him because someone tells 2-3 minutes of jokes about him at a glorified roast is stupid. Especially given the things he's said the last few weeks. He has set himself up, it's only going to get worse.

patteeu
05-01-2011, 07:48 PM
I actually think Trump makes some fair points when he sticks to the issues. But unfortunately he's always had a habit of viciously insulting the people he disagrees with and acting like an idiot. It's funny when it's about a TV show, but this is the real world now. Feeling sorry for him because someone tells 2-3 minutes of jokes about him at a glorified roast is stupid. Especially given the things he's said the last few weeks. He has set himself up, it's only going to get worse.

I don't know who you're talking about, but as far as I'm concerned, I don't feel sorry for Trump. My criticism is of Obama because of his boorish behavior not because of who his target was.

banyon
05-01-2011, 07:52 PM
His performance at this dinner is what brought his classlessness to mind. I thought I made that clear in my earlier posts. Choosing to tell mean-spirited jokes at his political enemy's expense rather than choosing to be self-deprecating, for example.

Your claims here are so atypically outlandish, I had to watch the video for myself.

I thought it was all pretty fair-spirited jabbing. It wasn't really nasty at all. Actually the writers should be complimented, as it struck a perfect tone to put a punctuation mark on this Birther-induced silliness. What joke(s) was so "classless"?

And this dinner has had many presidents make jokes at the expense of others.

You're really putting what you classify as a mean joke at Trump over f*cking an intern and lying under oath as the "most classless"? :spock:

Quit digging while you are behind on this one.

banyon
05-01-2011, 08:09 PM
If it was a roast, it would be a different story, but it's not supposed to be. It would also be a different story if the jokes were aimed at journalists or the media in general since it was a correspondents' dinner. A joke here or there about newsmakers like Trump or Palin wouldn't be a problem, but it shouldn't come from the POTUS unless it's clearly light-hearted and it shouldn't become a focused attack, IMO.

Yes, It's completely unheard of for a president to make jokes at the expense of others at one of these dinners! :huh:

Pelosi @ 2:40 and @5 mins on Obama

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/QH1RfcuNNoI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

OMG, he is completely "classless"!111!1!

patteeu
05-01-2011, 08:11 PM
Your claims here are so atypically outlandish, I had to watch the video for myself.

I thought it was all pretty fair-spirited jabbing. It wasn't really nasty at all. Actually the writers should be complimented, as it struck a perfect tone to put a punctuation mark on this Birther-induced silliness. What joke(s) was so "classless"?

And this dinner has had many presidents make jokes at the expense of others.

You're really putting what you classify as a mean joke at Trump over f*cking an intern and lying under oath as the "most classless"? :spock:

Quit digging while you are behind on this one.

I don't think I'll defer to the guy who thinks that congratulating troops on their way home from battle shows a lack of class.

This isn't the first example of classless behavior by Obama. His inability to laugh at himself and to deal with his critics without getting peevish is a repeated behavior. Just a week or two ago he let his small side show at the end of an interview with a Texas reporter in a completely unnecessary post-interview jab that he didn't realize was caught on audio.

If you think Bill Clinton was less classy, I won't argue with you about it because he certainly had his moments, but I just don't agree.

banyon
05-01-2011, 08:17 PM
I don't think I'll defer to the guy who thinks that congratulating troops on their way home from battle shows a lack of class.

If that's the way you feel the need to contort it, that's fine. But it was a self-congratulatory photo-op and spiking the ball on the 10 yard line, so yeah, from a regular point of view, it wasn't classy. I can't see George Washington doing that photo op, he respected his men too much.

This isn't the first example of classless behavior by Obama. His inability to laugh at himself and to deal with his critics without getting peevish is a repeated behavior. Just a week or two ago he let his small side show at the end of an interview with a Texas reporter in a completely unnecessary post-interview jab that he didn't realize was caught on audio.

If you think Bill Clinton was less classy, I won't argue with you about it because he certainly had his moments, but I just don't agree.

They certainly aren't very striking examples. TR threw reporters out of his office Hal-McRae style. Grant was a drunk who insulted everyone. Harding was f*cking his secretary too. Jackson didn't give a sh*t who he offended.

Your exacting standards, however, seem a bit overly sensitive and conveniently placed, IMO. They aren't very persuasive.

Gary
05-01-2011, 09:24 PM
The butthurt is strong in this thread.

The pussification of America.

penchief
05-01-2011, 10:58 PM

No president was worse than George W. Bush. Obama's presidency is all about cleaning up Bush's messes.

I didn't see any lack of class in Obama's gig at the dinner. Maybe you can be more specific.

penchief
05-01-2011, 10:59 PM

Which jokes were classless?

Also, his video him faring poorly without the telepromptor was somewhat self-depricating, no?

Brock
05-02-2011, 09:25 AM
No president was worse than George W. Bush. Obama's presidency is all about doing things exactly the same way.

fyp

BigChiefFan
05-02-2011, 09:46 AM
I don't care for Trump, but Obama tries to make Trump look like a loon, attempting to discredit him by bringing up conspiracy. This is the new MO for those with no leg to stand on.

This is nothing more than labeling in an attempt to sway others. He wants others to connect the dots, on something that isn't a correlation.

Beratement 101, Obama style.

Pitt Gorilla
05-02-2011, 10:02 AM
LOL at people whining about Obama's "class" towards Trump.

Amnorix
05-02-2011, 10:48 AM

$5.00/gallon gas isn't something Obama has done, is doing, or could do a helluva lot about. I understand your drill more attitudes, but honestly, it wouldn't affect gas prices nearly as much as you think.

As for referencing Bush/Cheney, they were the immediate predecessors in office, right? And more to the point, I wasn't even saying anything about what they DID, I was noting Patteeu's black/white (no pun intended) view of the world, where Bush/Cheney are nearly-perfect, and Obama nearly-perfectly-wrong.

ROYC75
05-02-2011, 11:25 AM
You never saw Bush act this way from the slack he took.

Obo is a bad loser.

patteeu
05-02-2011, 11:36 AM
If that's the way you feel the need to contort it, that's fine. But it was a self-congratulatory photo-op and spiking the ball on the 10 yard line, so yeah, from a regular point of view, it wasn't classy. I can't see George Washington doing that photo op, he respected his men too much.

They certainly aren't very striking examples. TR threw reporters out of his office Hal-McRae style. Grant was a drunk who insulted everyone. Harding was f*cking his secretary too. Jackson didn't give a sh*t who he offended.

Your exacting standards, however, seem a bit overly sensitive and conveniently placed, IMO. They aren't very persuasive.

I don't consider TR, Grant, Harding or Jackson to be modern era presidents. Remember earlier in the thread when you asked me for a definition?

patteeu
05-02-2011, 11:37 AM
No president was worse than George W. Bush. Obama's presidency is all about cleaning up Bush's messes.

I didn't see any lack of class in Obama's gig at the dinner. Maybe you can be more specific.

You should have picked a less absurd way to re-enter my consciousness.

patteeu
05-02-2011, 11:40 AM
$5.00/gallon gas isn't something Obama has done, is doing, or could do a helluva lot about. I understand your drill more attitudes, but honestly, it wouldn't affect gas prices nearly as much as you think.

As for referencing Bush/Cheney, they were the immediate predecessors in office, right? And more to the point, I wasn't even saying anything about what they DID, I was noting Patteeu's black/white (no pun intended) view of the world, where Bush/Cheney are nearly-perfect, and Obama nearly-perfectly-wrong.

Bush was far from perfect in my highly nuanced (but apparently under-appreciated) view. His entire 2nd term was filled with occasions when he chose to take an approach that differed from the nearly-perfect Cheney view. :)

|Zach|
05-02-2011, 01:38 PM
You never saw Bush act this way from the slack he took.

Obo is a bad loser.

Seems like he wins to me. Did before....will again.

I look forward to the moaning and fear mongering it brings from you.

Pitt Gorilla
05-02-2011, 02:46 PM
Wow, Trump couldn't even laugh at himself. Lighten up, man.

Cave Johnson
05-02-2011, 03:19 PM

A paragon of humble self-effacement....

<iframe width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/uKdbZWNqF00" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

ROYC75
05-02-2011, 04:00 PM
Seems like he wins to me. Did before....will again.

I look forward to the moaning and fear mongering it brings from you.

Who won ?

penchief
05-02-2011, 05:28 PM
You should have picked a less absurd way to re-enter my consciousness.

Says the guy who idolizes Dick "go fuck yourself" Cheney. Yeah, that dude was all class.

orange
05-02-2011, 05:41 PM
In retrospect, I bet Obama had to fight the urge to "search" for bin Laden behind the curtains.

Baby Lee
05-02-2011, 05:41 PM
FOX got slapped around, Trump got trounced, digs at the Teabaggers, birthers & Batshit Bachman... it was a great party!

I just gotta say, over time it's become clearer and clearer to me that your sole conception of political affiliation is 'hey, my side looks cool, and my enemies are dorks.' Not a whiff of actual belief, just giddiness at any bump in 'friend' popularity, and snark at any bump in 'enemy' popularity, regardless of the reasons therefore.

Truly a pitiful existence.

FD
05-02-2011, 06:49 PM
I just gotta say, over time it's become clearer and clearer to me that your sole conception of political affiliation is 'hey, my side looks cool, and my enemies are dorks.' Not a whiff of actual belief, just giddiness at any bump in 'friend' popularity, and snark at any bump in 'enemy' popularity, regardless of the reasons therefore.

Truly a pitiful existence.

Isn't that true of almost everyone on this forum?

DaKCMan AP
05-02-2011, 07:23 PM
Yes, It's completely unheard of for a president to make jokes at the expense of others at one of these dinners! :huh:

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/QH1RfcuNNoI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Of course patteeu ignored this..

|Zach|
05-02-2011, 07:28 PM

These are all funny. I get a kick out of this stuff.

FD
05-02-2011, 07:32 PM
These are all funny. I get a kick out of this stuff.

Me too. I look forward to it every year. Some people need to lighten up.

Amnorix
05-02-2011, 07:47 PM
Bush was far from perfect in my highly nuanced (but apparently under-appreciated) view. His entire 2nd term was filled with occasions when he chose to take an approach that differed from the nearly-perfect Cheney view. :)

:LOL:

Amnorix
05-02-2011, 07:55 PM

Mean-spirited? You gotta be kidding me. Harpooning that whale is easier done than said. He coulda got after him for the fake hair, the bankruptcies, on and on, ad infinitum. He hit him for the incredibly stupid Birther stuff and took a small pot shot at his show. Big deal.

While I didn't think Obama was uproariously funny or anything, I didn't see his comments as being anything out of line from past history for this type of event. You're acting like he went all Don Rickles on Trump.

Now Reagan could take a gent...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ALHiadIsKo

mlyonsd
05-02-2011, 08:21 PM
All's fair in love and politics. Everyone remember that when the republicans are in charge and Hannity hosts the dinner.

patteeu
05-02-2011, 10:33 PM
A paragon of humble self-effacement....

<iframe width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/uKdbZWNqF00" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

As if a serious press conference is the same thing as a stand up stint at the correspondents' dinner. Are you high?

patteeu
05-02-2011, 10:42 PM

Goodness, comparing Nancy Pelosi to his mother... what a mean-spirited guy he is. And a reference to how much more attractive Obama is than Denny Hastert? Are you serious?

Did you listen to the entire talk? The majority of the comedy section was either aimed at himself or at his own administration. No objective observer can compare Bush and Obama on the basis of class and find Bush wanting.

patteeu
05-02-2011, 10:44 PM
Of course patteeu ignored this..

Of course. Except that I didn't.

T-post Tom
05-02-2011, 10:54 PM
Jerry Seinfeld was right:

"Let me say this about Donald Trump," Seinfeld told "Extra." "I love Donald Trump, all comedians love Donald Trump. If God gave comedians the power to invent people, the first person we would invent is Donald Trump... God's gift to comedy."

suzzer99
05-03-2011, 02:27 AM

So basically the strategy here is - whenever your guy takes an obvious defeat at the hands of your enemy, and handles it very poorly - simply boldfaced assert that the exact opposite happened? That's some advanced high-brow Big Lie propaganda skills. The Master would be proud. Tell your freeper bosses you deserve a raise.

RedNeckRaider
05-03-2011, 04:57 AM
Goodness, comparing Nancy Pelosi to his mother... what a mean-spirited guy he is. And a reference to how much more attractive Obama is than Denny Hastert? Are you serious?

Did you listen to the entire talk? The majority of the comedy section was either aimed at himself or at his own administration. No objective observer can compare Bush and Obama on the basis of class and find Bush wanting.

I have to agree. Bush was light hearted and took most of the shots at himself or his administration. The joke about Pelosi compared her to his mother. The only person who may have took issue was his VP. Obama on the other hand was mean spirited and used the speech to belittle a possible opponent. All that said Obama had some quality material and it was funny~

patteeu
05-03-2011, 06:24 AM
So basically the strategy here is - whenever your guy takes an obvious defeat at the hands of your enemy, and handles it very poorly - simply boldfaced assert that the exact opposite happened? That's some advanced high-brow Big Lie propaganda skills. The Master would be proud. Tell your freeper bosses you deserve a raise.

Who do you think my "guy" is and what "obvious defeat" did he take?

J Diddy
05-03-2011, 06:34 AM
I have to agree. Bush was light hearted and took most of the shots at himself or his administration. The joke about Pelosi compared her to his mother. The only person who may have took issue was his VP. Obama on the other hand was mean spirited and used the speech to belittle a possible opponent. All that said Obama had some quality material and it was funny~

With all due respect, with all the crap that Donald Trump has been spewing about Obama my opening video would have been different if I was him. It would have started with a picture of my long form birth certificate for a few moments. Then it would transition to a picture of Trump. The music would have been cee lo green's "fuck you"

patteeu
05-03-2011, 06:40 AM
With all due respect, with all the crap that Donald Trump has been spewing about Obama my opening video would have been different if I was him. It would have started with a picture of my long form birth certificate for a few moments. Then it would transition to a picture of Trump. The music would have been cee lo green's "**** you"

Demonstrating that there could be a level of class lower than Obama's doesn't make him high class.

RedNeckRaider
05-03-2011, 06:42 AM
With all due respect, with all the crap that Donald Trump has been spewing about Obama my opening video would have been different if I was him. It would have started with a picture of my long form birth certificate for a few moments. Then it would transition to a picture of Trump. The music would have been cee lo green's "**** you"

Oh he has it coming it was just a matter of expecting our president to stay above the fray. Something Obama's ego will not allow~

J Diddy
05-03-2011, 06:46 AM
Demonstrating that there could be a level of class lower than Obama's doesn't make him high class.

The funny thing about it is that Obama was fairly mild in his handling with trump. A few jabs, but hell he even spent more time making fun of himself and Joe Biden. Like I said I would have stood on that podium, looked that goofy, chest beating attention whore in the eye and asked him how my ass tasted.

After the bullshit that Trump's been pulling, I would think that it's to be expected. Especially at the White House Correspondents Dinner. The real question is why he even went? I mean he's made no bones about disliking Obama and has even went out of his way to attack him on a personal level.

Sounds like the chickens coming home to roost, imo.

J Diddy
05-03-2011, 06:49 AM
Oh he has it coming it was just a matter of expecting our president to stay above the fray. Something Obama's ego will not allow~

Absolutely, he should just sit there and take it. Let the elephant in the room detract from his show.

Ask yourself, what would everyone be saying if Obama didn't say anything to him at all? The headlines would read Obama afraid to tackle Trump.

His presence there was to be a distraction. Trump showed up to stare him down and wound up getting clowned.

patteeu
05-03-2011, 06:51 AM
Absolutely, he should just sit there and take it. Let the elephant in the room detract from his show.

Ask yourself, what would everyone be saying if Obama didn't say anything to him at all? The headlines would read Obama afraid to tackle Trump.

His presence there was to be a distraction. Trump showed up to stare him down and wound up getting clowned.

No one would have even noticed if he didn't say anything about Trump. Where do you get this stuff?

J Diddy
05-03-2011, 06:57 AM
No one would have even noticed if he didn't say anything about Trump. Where do you get this stuff?

Common sense. Get some.

patteeu
05-03-2011, 07:04 AM
Common sense. Get some.

Honestly, it's a ridiculous theory.

J Diddy
05-03-2011, 07:13 AM
Honestly, it's a ridiculous theory.

I've just spent the better part of the last 3 years listening to people claim he was from another country. Even after he produced his birth certificate the hype stepped up.

Ridiculous theories are pretty much running rampant.

Regardless of your opinion on the matter, which, just like mine, doesn't matter I feel there would have been some backlash.

That being said, Trump himself knew he was going to get some crap. Admitted as such on Fox News.

notorious
05-03-2011, 09:21 AM
Trump is a smart idiot.

I wouldn't trust him to run my company.

vailpass
05-03-2011, 09:47 AM

:LOL: Kalifornia much? Have you met direckshun,pittsie, and orange yet? I'll bet they welcome you into the tool shed with open arms.

Pitt Gorilla
05-03-2011, 11:56 AM
All that said Obama had some quality material and it was funny~Wasn't that the point? Hard to fault the Pres for using material that a comedian would use.

ILChief
05-03-2011, 07:34 PM
I don't care for Trump, but Obama tries to make Trump look like a loon, attempting to discredit him by bringing up conspiracy. This is the new MO for those with no leg to stand on.

This is nothing more than labeling in an attempt to sway others. He wants others to connect the dots, on something that isn't a correlation.

Beratement 101, Obama style.

Trump made himself look like a loon by touting all the birther BS.

ROYC75
05-03-2011, 07:36 PM
Trump made himself look like a loon by touting all the birther BS.

One could say this. Another will say that now since it is out, say, maybe 80% of the nutty people do not feel that the BC is an issue now. With that mentioned, there will always be some who go down swinging.

Maybe the campaign will be run about issues now and not conspiracy's ?

Maybe ?:hmmm:

banyon
05-04-2011, 12:07 AM

You've moved the goalposts significantly from "Presidents don't make jokes at the expense of others at these correspondents' dinners" to " Well Bush's weren't quite as mean spirited for my subjective reasons a-d".

Amnorix
05-04-2011, 06:15 AM
Obama inviting Bush to join in taking credit for nailing Obama is PURE class, thankyouverymuch.

ROYC75
05-04-2011, 08:05 AM
Obama inviting Bush to join in taking credit for nailing Obama is PURE class, thankyouverymuch.

As much as Bush declining to let Obama shine, reap the benefits of the interrogations brought on by the former administration, Oh which the current didn't agree with.

Class and ass? Which one do you suspect is trying to kiss up?

patteeu
05-04-2011, 09:15 AM
You've moved the goalposts significantly from "Presidents don't make jokes at the expense of others at these correspondents' dinners" to " Well Bush's weren't quite as mean spirited for my subjective reasons a-d".

I haven't moved the goalposts at all. I never said what you have in quotes there. What I said was that any such joke by a POTUS should only be made if it's light-hearted. You know, like the ones you found Bush making. Bush runs circles around Obama when it comes to classiness.

patteeu
05-04-2011, 09:17 AM

After what he did to Paul Ryan, it's just as likely that he's inviting Bush to be there so he can try to embarrass him in person. We'll never know since Bush wisely declined.

ILChief
05-04-2011, 02:39 PM
After what he did to Paul Ryan, it's just as likely that he's inviting Bush to be there so he can try to embarrass him in person. We'll never know since Bush wisely declined.

Yeah I'm sure he would start making funof bush at ground zero

patteeu
05-04-2011, 02:59 PM
Yeah I'm sure he would start making funof bush at ground zero

He blames Bush for his own administration's shortcomings with regularity. Why should anyone assume he's not going to roll that out at the ground zero ceremony? Heck, even if he doesn't mean to, he might just do it reflexively. Especially if his teleprompter goes on the fritz.

dirk digler
05-04-2011, 03:04 PM
He blames Bush for his own administration's shortcomings with regularity. Why should anyone assume he's not going to roll that out at the ground zero ceremony? Heck, even if he doesn't mean to, he might just do it reflexively. Especially if his teleprompter goes on the fritz.

That is a load of BS and you know it. I heard he is sending down the CIA to debrief Bush on everything that has happened out of respect.

Man that Obama is a real asshole

Fishpicker
05-04-2011, 03:13 PM

I think Bush declined in order to stay on good terms with the Saudis.

RedNeckRaider
05-04-2011, 03:14 PM
That is a load of BS and you know it. I heard he is sending down the CIA to debrief Bush on everything that has happened out of respect.

Dirk his out right refusal to give Bush an acknowledgment of any kind for the attained information is disgusting. He was outraged and against the very techniques used to get the Intel that led to this, yet jumps to the microphone to take full credit. Kind of like when he claimed credit for stabilizing Iraq when he was opposed to the surge that stabilized Iraq to begin with. You are one of my favorite posters but the clown you are defending is an embarrassment~

vailpass
05-04-2011, 03:15 PM

:hmmm:

dirk digler
05-04-2011, 03:31 PM
Dirk his out right refusal to give Bush an acknowledgment of any kind for the attained information is disgusting. He was outraged and against the very techniques used to get the Intel that led to this, yet jumps to the microphone to take full credit. Kind of like when he claimed credit for stabilizing Iraq when he was opposed to the surge that stabilized Iraq to begin with. You are one of my favorite posters but the clown you are defending is an embarrassment~

You are correct he didn't come out and say thank you to Bush but he did do one when he said Justice was Done. Even Karl Rove caught on to that because after 9/11 Bush said justice will be done.

He called Bush before anyone else when they killed OBL, he invited him to join him at the 9/11 ceremony, he is sending the CIA to debrief him on what happened. What else do you want him to do, build a shrine for him?

I certainly applaud Bush for the way he ran the WOT even though I disagree with him about Iraq (which IMHO isn't or wasn't about WOT), the use of waterboarding, and the way he abandoned Afghanistan and the Bin Laden search.

Cave Johnson
05-04-2011, 03:43 PM
As if a serious press conference is the same thing as a stand up stint at the correspondents' dinner. Are you high?

Since when did you confine this to the correspondent's dinner.

Classy guy, that W.

<iframe width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/pJvRUL81ZU8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

patteeu
05-04-2011, 05:40 PM

I'm just basing my speculation about the man's motives on the reputation he's built with his actions.

Maybe he wasn't going to embarrass Bush. Maybe he just wanted to exploit him for a 2012 campaign commercial. Maybe it was something else. But I don't see any reason to think the guy has changed his me-first-at-all-cost stripes just because he finally had a foreign policy success.

patteeu
05-04-2011, 06:00 PM

Maybe so. It's amazing how quickly Obama was able to upset the Saudis and cause them to look at their other geopolitical options.

patteeu
05-04-2011, 06:06 PM
Since when did you confine this to the correspondent's dinner.

Uh, that's what this thread was about. Don't get me wrong though. I think it's clear that W is far classier than O in most respects.

I didn't see the point of your video.

Direckshun
05-04-2011, 06:10 PM
LMAO

Oh, pat.

Pitt Gorilla
05-04-2011, 06:12 PM
I'm just basing my speculation about the man's motives on the reputation he's built with his actions.

Maybe he wasn't going to embarrass Bush. Maybe he just wanted to exploit him for a 2012 campaign commercial. Maybe it was something else. But I don't see any reason to think the guy has changed his me-first-at-all-cost stripes just because he finally had a foreign policy success.Good Lord, pat, why so much butthurt? LMAO

mlyonsd
05-04-2011, 07:29 PM
Good Lord, pat, why so much butthurt? LMAO The thing tomorrow at GZ is nothing but a political stunt. Obama should have sent Biden or Clinton if he thought it should be recognized. I'd consider it totally acceptable if Obama wanted to fly to NY and meet with family members privately.

Once again Bush out classes Obama by declining and waiting for the 10th year anniversary.

Radar Chief
05-04-2011, 07:43 PM
I didn't see the point of your video.

Apparently he thinks Obama doesn't play golf, or something.

Ugly Duck
05-04-2011, 08:22 PM
Knowing that the bin Laden thing was happening in the background made the President's correspondent dinner mastery of the Republican candidates that much more awesome. Just before the dinner, "I've got more important things to do than play around with this birth certificate silliness." Addressing the ridiculousness of Bachman, illustrating the buffoonery of Trump... he looked like the actual adult in the room while making the Republican candidates seem like they were going off the rails on a crazy train....

http://gossip-juice.com/images/stories/ozzy-osbourne-adviser.jpg

fbal4lif32
05-04-2011, 08:27 PM
I like ranting about something that is completely subjective! Obama is classier than Bush, imo!

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/IOC-hDULX1c" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

penchief
05-15-2011, 06:06 PM
Again, it's comical to hear Patteeu calling Obama classless when his hero is Dick "go fuck yourself" Cheney. Seriously, that's some classless shit right there.

Captain Obvious
05-15-2011, 06:25 PM
Someone has gone pat-shit crazy on this one....

Ugly Duck
05-15-2011, 07:38 PM
Again, it's comical to hear Patteeu calling Obama classless when his hero is Dick "go **** yourself" Cheney.

He also says that Bush is surprisingly good at giving speeches. I still think that pat is a professor conducting some kinda sociology study consisting of repeating statements that nobody believes (Crapper doesn't count).

patteeu
05-16-2011, 07:16 AM
Again, it's comical to hear Patteeu calling Obama classless when his hero is Dick "go **** yourself" Cheney. Seriously, that's some classless shit right there.

At least you're not trying to deny what I've said about BO.

RedNeckRaider
05-16-2011, 07:45 AM
Knowing that the bin Laden thing was happening in the background made the President's correspondent dinner mastery of the Republican candidates that much more awesome. Just before the dinner, "I've got more important things to do than play around with this birth certificate silliness." Addressing the ridiculousness of Bachman, illustrating the buffoonery of Trump... he looked like the actual adult in the room while making the Republican candidates seem like they were going off the rails on a crazy train....

http://gossip-juice.com/images/stories/ozzy-osbourne-adviser.jpg

Good song...carry on~

penchief
05-16-2011, 07:55 AM
At least you're not trying to deny what I've said about BO.

Say what? I think Obama has shown a lot more class than Bush ever has.

Your opinion is your opinion. I'm not taking issue with your opinion as much as I am your blatant double standard.

Jaric
05-16-2011, 09:07 AM
I feel like I reading the political version of Adam Sandlers "No, shampoo is bettah" skit.

gblowfish
05-16-2011, 09:35 AM
Have you seen Trump's 2012 campaign poster?
Awesome!

FD
05-16-2011, 10:59 AM
Bad news for everyone who like circuses: Trump is out.

http://foxnewsinsider.com/2011/05/16/full-text-donald-trump-releases-statement-saying-he-will-not-run-for-president/

RedNeckRaider
05-16-2011, 11:05 AM

http://foxnewsinsider.com/2011/05/16/full-text-donald-trump-releases-statement-saying-he-will-not-run-for-president/
The man came to his senses~

KILLER_CLOWN
05-16-2011, 11:42 AM
Trump can go back to being a huge DNC donor now i guess.

RedNeckRaider
05-16-2011, 01:05 PM
"I maintain the strong conviction that if I were to run, I would be able to win the primary and ultimately, the general election"

This guy is delusional LMAO

cdcox
05-16-2011, 06:28 PM

Trump's side show wasn't going to compete with the Michelle Bachman three ring big top anyway.

dirk digler
05-16-2011, 08:25 PM
His campaign blew up when Obama punked his ass 2 weeks ago. Obama destroyed him and Trump went running like a scared little girl.

KILLER_CLOWN
05-16-2011, 08:30 PM
His campaign blew up when Obama punked his ass 2 weeks ago. Obama destroyed him and Trump went running like a scared little girl.

Now Trump can donate directly to the Obama Reelection fund.

dirk digler
05-16-2011, 08:31 PM
Now Trump can donate directly to the Obama Reelection fund.

LMAO

Pitt Gorilla
05-16-2011, 10:59 PM
"I maintain the strong conviction that if I were to run, I would be able to win the primary and ultimately, the general election"

This guy is delusional LMAOEh, some clowns on here liked the guy for President.

Ugly Duck
05-16-2011, 11:28 PM
Eh, some clowns on here liked the guy for President.

http://www.bartcop.com/malkin-batshit-crazy.jpg