PDA

View Full Version : Sac's 2012 Mock Draft - Chiefs

Saccopoo
05-01-2011, 09:04 PM
Hey, the 2011 Draft is over. Time to start planning for 2012.

After watching Richardson and Albert being destroyed by the likes of Peppers, Matthews, Van den Bosch, Dumervil, Miller, Freeney, Mathis, Harrison, Woodley and Allen, the Chiefs finally give in and draft competent offensive tackles.

1. Matt Kalil, OT; USC: 6'6", 295 lbs.
- Very athletic brother of Carolina Panther Ryan Kalil.

http://ocvarsity.freedomblogging.com/files/2010/09/18usc.0912.kjs_.jpg

2. Matt Reynolds, OT; BYU: 6'6", 320 lbs.
- The third highest rated recruit in BYU history. Two-time all conference first team heading into his senior year. Very athletic for a guy his size.

http://i.cdn.turner.com/si/multimedia/photo_gallery/1011/nfl-draft-top-10-offensive-linemen-/images/matt-reynolds_BYU_at_Air_Forc.jpg

3. Dont'a Hightower, ILB; Alabama: 6'4", 260 lbs.
- Big, powerful inside linebacker that is coming off a ACL injury in 2009. Should be 100% for the 2011 season.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_gkKVpP-DdSw/TCUVetQd-QI/AAAAAAAAAvQ/mjjcvjxAU8A/s1600/hightower2.jpg

4. Brandon Bolden, RB; Ole Miss: 5'11", 220 lbs.
- Grandson of former Chiefs running back Frank Pitts and an Ole Miss guy (Pioli loves dipping into that well), Bolden is destined to be on this team.

http://blog.al.com/press-register-sports/2009/09/large_Ole%20Miss%20memphis.JPG

5. Blake Gideon, S; Texas: 6'1", 205 lbs.
- Honorable mention all conference in 2010.

http://i.cdn.turner.com/si/multimedia/photo_gallery/1008/cfb.preview.all-big.12.team/images/blake-gideon-opr9-732.jpg

6. Emmanuel Acho, LB; Texas: 6'2", 240 lbs.
- Little brother of Sam Acho. Like his brother he's athletic and smart. Second Team All Conference. Capable of playing any of the LB spots. Former Army All-American.

http://www.statesman.com/multimedia/dynamic/00538/rgz-UT-OSU-FILER-AC_538870c.jpg

7. Damarius Johnson, WR; Tulsa: 5'8", 175 lbs.
- Will potentially end his senior season as the NCAA record holder for all-purpose yardage. Very fast at 4.39 40.

http://www1.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Tulsa%2Bv%2BTulane%2BgXu8c6HipAtl.jpg

MoreLemonPledge
05-01-2011, 09:42 PM
1st Round: OT
2nd Round: OT
3rd Round: OT
4th Round: OT
5th Round: OT
6th Round: Trade up for an OT
7th Round: OT

SNR
05-01-2011, 09:43 PM
You seriously think we're going to go into the season with a measly three tackles?

We're going to sign somebody when labor shit gets figured out. Haley and Pioli are smart enough to put together the draft they just did. It will get figured out

DeezNutz
05-01-2011, 09:47 PM
Tackle, tackle, goose.

Bewbies
05-01-2011, 09:57 PM
I wouldn't be ticked picking an OT at 32.

But shouldn't you put Andrew Luck as our pick since our OT's are so bad we won't be able to win a game?

Bewbies
05-01-2011, 09:58 PM

But shouldn't you put Andrew Luck as our pick since our OT's are so bad we won't be able to win a game?

Saccopoo
05-01-2011, 10:01 PM

Andrew Luck?

What the hell do we need Andrew Luck for when this guy is going to be balls out?:

http://www.thesportsbank.net/core/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/Ricky_Stanzi_09_.jpg

Urc Burry
05-01-2011, 10:15 PM
I just heard about this guy today, and i've been drooling since

<iframe width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/KvcsffTQojI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

SNR
05-02-2011, 12:12 AM

<iframe width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/KvcsffTQojI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>Dude plays like friggin Bobby Boucher

Saccopoo
05-02-2011, 02:47 AM
Dude plays like friggin Bobby Boucher

Dude is going to end up owing money to the NFL if he isn't picked in the first round.

Hmmmm...what's this? Another letter from the commissioner's office? What could this be about?

What? Another $50,000.00? Charities love me, but I'm getting pretty sick of eating ramen and tuna.

the Talking Can
05-02-2011, 06:30 AM
if Hightower is healthy, he is a freaking animal and I would love to have him...

Pestilence
05-02-2011, 09:30 AM
<iframe width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/8oS2Lw56jvw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/8vce0uREA04" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Pestilence
05-02-2011, 09:32 AM

<iframe width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/KvcsffTQojI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Dude is a beast....but he's going to need to control himself once he gets to the NFL.

Urc Burry
05-02-2011, 10:28 AM
Dude is a beast....but he's going to need to control himself once he gets to the NFL.

Yeah he needs to grow up within this next year...he has gotten benched a couple times because of too many penalties. And during the Standford game he refused to come out of the game. But damnnnn he plays like the next Ray Lewis or Patrick Willis :drool:

Claynus
05-02-2011, 11:36 AM
Love the ILB selection.

ChiefsCountry
05-02-2011, 01:10 PM
Hightower would be perfect for our defense. We might be getting close to Ravens 2000 defense soon.

FD
05-02-2011, 02:06 PM
Blake Gideon is a horrible safety. No instincts, no speed, bad angles, and always out of place. Is he seriously being considered an NFL prospect? This is shocking to me as a Texas fan.

Saccopoo
05-02-2011, 03:02 PM
Hightower would be perfect for our defense. We might be getting close to Ravens 2000 defense soon.

He would be perfect.

This is a guy that Rolando McClain called (per wikipedia):

"Dont'a can play any position on the field. He's a freak to me."

Huge legs, athletic. He was considered a first round lock until some dildo offensive lineman at Arkansas cut blocked him and put his helmet into Hightower's knee blowing out the meniscus, MCL and ACL.

Played solid in 2010 after a remarkably short rehab/healing time on his surgically repaired knee.

I think that if he can keep his weight around 255/260, he'll be an absolute force in 2011 and will likely move back up the rankings and potentially be a first rounder.

I put him here in the third based on his knee situation and the relatively pedestrian stats from 2010.

The 2012 draft looks to be a very good year for offensive linemen, particularly tackles, and inside linebackers, which, I'm predicting will be the remaining weak spots on the roster if the 2011 draft class turns out to be a solid one. Talk about getting lucky in team needs meeting the strength of the draft.

MahiMike
05-02-2011, 04:39 PM
2012 draft? Holy shiite batman! Get a hobby.

ChiefsCountry
05-02-2011, 04:52 PM

Don't read the shit then.

Pestilence
05-02-2011, 04:55 PM

It's call the fucking "Draft Forum" for a reason.

Ebolapox
05-02-2011, 04:59 PM
what IS this but a hobby?

ChiefMojo
05-02-2011, 06:01 PM
I've thought about ILB with the first pick next season and Vontaze Burfict is my pick as well. Problem is he will go quite early. He reminds me of Lavar Arrington coming out of college (then Arrington was reigned in and neutralized by the Giants in general).

Claynus
05-02-2011, 06:12 PM
If we get a 1st-round MLB on this defense the entire front seven will be full of 1st-round level talent.

Hali
DJ
1st round MLB
Houston

Dorsey
Powe
Jackson

That is just fucking NUTS. All of those players have first-round talent even if they weren't taken in the 1st.

Building through the draft FTMFW!!!!!!!!!!

JASONSAUTO
05-02-2011, 08:02 PM
If we get a 1st-round MLB on this defense the entire front seven will be full of 1st-round level talent.

Hali
DJ
1st round MLB
Houston

Dorsey
Powe
Jackson

That is just fucking NUTS. All of those players have first-round talent even if they weren't taken in the 1st.

Building through the draft FTMFW!!!!!!!!!!
add in berry, flowers, and carr. All but one starter on d would have first round talent.
Posted via Mobile Device

Urc Burry
05-02-2011, 08:33 PM
I've thought about ILB with the first pick next season and Vontaze Burfict is my pick as well. Problem is he will go quite early. He reminds me of Lavar Arrington coming out of college (then Arrington was reigned in and neutralized by the Giants in general).

Vontaze will go early if he gets his shit together...almost hoping he keeps up with the attitude so he'll drop though :p

Te'o or whatever his name is, is probably the safer pick...but Vontaze is going to be special I think..

As of now I wouldn't complain if we went RT, ILB, or Rb...Trent Richardson in mind

notorious
05-03-2011, 09:16 AM
D. Johnson from Tulsa is a ?.

I have watched almost every one of his games for the last 3 years and he is impressive, but one has to wonder if it is the combination of shit defenses mixed with an amazing offensive philosphy that gets him his production.

4th round or later. Could be similar to Welker.

HighChief
05-03-2011, 09:23 AM
I just think its funny how we as mockers always put in a OT but we never take one. I am finally thinking what we have is good enough. If we needed a RT we would have taken Carimi. He was the Perfect fit for this offence! I think our management likes albert and rich. But Until we actually take a OT in the first round I think the national media and guys like sac will continue to take one lol

SNR
05-03-2011, 10:41 AM
2012 draft? Holy shiite batman! Get a hobby.Well, also consider the fact that you have possibly the worst football takes on Chiefsplanet.

I hope Sac does a 2020 mock draft just to piss you off

Pestilence
05-03-2011, 10:44 AM
FWIW.....Walterfootball.com released it's 2012 Mock Draft and they have us taking Matt Reynolds in the 1st round.

SuperChief
05-03-2011, 10:45 AM
Blake Gideon is a horrible safety. No instincts, no speed, bad angles, and always out of place. Is he seriously being considered an NFL prospect? This is shocking to me as a Texas fan.

This. I have a good friend who is a Texas fan; needless to say, he fucking hates the dude. Terrible, terrible instincts and average athletic ability.

ChiefsCountry
05-03-2011, 10:55 AM
FWIW.....Walterfootball.com released it's 2012 Mock Draft and they have us taking Matt Reynolds in the 1st round.

OT and a Mormon, here is a picture of Sac after hearing that
http://arch.413chan.net/Randy_Marsh_Jizz-(n1297311504658).jpg

DA_T_84
05-03-2011, 11:14 AM
Wow.

We've come a long way from just two years ago.

Assuming everyone plays at or near expectations, we are 1 great draft away from having a complete starting lineup.

After that, its all about filling for depth, and being proactive in terms of filling in case of attrition.

We are two years away from having a top to bottom complete team. That is when you are able to make a SB run. And that is when you are able to make decisions not aimed at "becoming good," but rather "sustaining good."

Based on SP's experience with the Patriots... I think he knows how this is done. Trade around in the draft, take luxury picks and gambles when necessary, easily attract top-tier FA talent, be able to cut talent when its not a good fit because you've got another bullet in the chamber...

Boys, I dare say we are entering our golden age.

Mr. Laz
05-03-2011, 11:46 AM
Tackle, tackle, goose.
ok ... that's just funny.

ROFL

Saccopoo
05-03-2011, 11:52 AM
I just think its funny how we as mockers always put in a OT but we never take one. I am finally thinking what we have is good enough. If we needed a RT we would have taken Carimi. He was the Perfect fit for this offence! I think our management likes albert and rich. But Until we actually take a OT in the first round I think the national media and guys like sac will continue to take one lol

Carimi wasn't a perfect fit for this offense. He's stiff in his bends and doesn't move exceptionally well laterally.

However, Castonzo, who was sitting there with our #21 pick, was a perfect fit for this system.

I think that the thinking was that receiver was a bigger priority for this team (which, in all honesty, it probably was) and that they are going to continue to make improvements in the offensive line, particularly the tackle position, through coaching, free agency, etc.

However, they made that attempt with the interior positions, and they still took guys at the guard spots relatively high in the draft (Asamoah in the third round in '10 and Hudson in the second in '11). That's really high for a guard pick considering that we picked up Lilja in free agency and the general consensus is that you can find a competent guard at most truck stops. That they are willing to pick guards in the second and third round when Waters and Lilja are both on the team, but seem to be happy trotting out Albert and Richardson at the tackles is more than a bit puzzling.

Like I said before the draft, once you got out of the top five/six offensive tackles (Castonzo, Smith, Carimi, Solder, Sherrod - and you could probably throw in Watkins as well - he's a really good player), the picking were relatively slim in terms of guys that potentially could fit in the zone blocking system that the Chiefs will run under Haley.

I still think it's a bit puzzling that they seem satisfied with Albert and Richardson. Considering the potential players we picked up in the draft, the real weak point on this team, as it stands right now, is the tackles. They are not very good. It's why most pundits and drafturbator types continually have the Chiefs taking a OT in their mocks.

I think that this next season will be the last chance that both Richardson and Albert get. The Chiefs have most of the best pass rushing teams and elite pass rushers on the schedule. I think that, based on their previous body of work, that they get hammered and both get replaced in the 2012 draft.

Nightfyre
05-03-2011, 06:27 PM
Andrew Luck?

What the hell do we need Andrew Luck for when this guy is going to be balls out?:

http://www.thesportsbank.net/core/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/Ricky_Stanzi_09_.jpg

Depth?? My 2012 Mock Draft: We trade our entire draft for Ricky Willi.... I mean Andrew Luck.

the Talking Can
05-03-2011, 06:49 PM
i think we were trying to get a RT this draft, my guess is Richardson is on the shortest leash

but Albert will be our LT as long as he is here, he's good enough...you're just tilting at windmills...

milkman
05-03-2011, 06:59 PM
i think we were trying to get a RT this draft, my guess is Richardson is on the shortest leash

but Albert will be our LT as long as he is here, he's good enough...you're just tilting at windmills...

I don't think he is tilting at windmills.

Albert hasn't been nearly as bad as sac paints him, but he hasn't been good either.

He hasn't progressed in the last season and a half, and needs to improve his technique before he can hold down that position long term.

There hasn't been any tackle prospects over the last two seasons that I would have taken ahead of the players we took, but a guy like Ryan Kalil, who sac has projected in this mock, is a guy I would seriously entertain taking if Albert doesn't progress in this next season.

There's no one that wants Albert to take the next step in his progression more than me, but I'm not blind to the fact that he hasn't.

the Talking Can
05-04-2011, 04:37 AM
I don't think he is tilting at windmills.

Albert hasn't been nearly as bad as sac paints him, but he hasn't been good either.

He hasn't progressed in the last season and a half, and needs to improve his technique before he can hold down that position long term.

There hasn't been any tackle prospects over the last two seasons that I would have taken ahead of the players we took, but a guy like Ryan Kalil, who sac has projected in this mock, is a guy I would seriously entertain taking if Albert doesn't progress in this next season.

There's no one that wants Albert to take the next step in his progression more than me, but I'm not blind to the fact that he hasn't.

i'm just telling you that the staff doesn't believe he's a liability, and I don't either....imo, of course

as best one can figure from this draft, LT was 7th or 8th on their needs list...we clearly were looking for C, WR, NT, OLB(X2), DE, CB, QB....and we were probably looking for a RT in Jah Reid...

Tribal Warfare
05-05-2011, 12:17 AM
Yeah he needs to grow up within this next year...he has gotten benched a couple times because of too many penalties. And during the Standford game he refused to come out of the game. But damnnnn he plays like the next Ray Lewis or Patrick Willis :drool:

More like Junior Seau