PDA

View Full Version : Which of these offensive undrafted player do you take?

kcbubb
05-01-2011, 10:18 PM
Or make your own suggestion.

Dave Lane
05-01-2011, 10:22 PM
All

Pestilence
05-02-2011, 09:34 AM
We can only pick one?

I'll take 3.

Mario Fannin, RB
Zane Taylor, OC
Derek Hall, OT

RustShack
05-02-2011, 09:59 AM
For TE, Collin Franklin.

philfree
05-02-2011, 10:08 AM
We can only pick one?

I'll take 3.

Mario Fannin, RB
Zane Taylor, OC
Derek Hall, OT

Hitting on an OC here could really be huge. Hudson can play multiple line positions. The interior of our O line would stacked now and set for the future.

PhilFree:arrow:

bsp4444
05-02-2011, 10:13 AM
Jake Kirkpatrick, the center from TCU. How does his game compare to Zane Talor's?

milkman
05-02-2011, 09:05 PM
Jake Kirkpatrick, the center from TCU. How does his game compare to Zane Talor's?

Sac posted a couple of you tube vids on Kilpatrick and Taylor, and after watching, this was what I had to say about them.

Looking at those clips, Kilpatrick looks a little stronger and when he gets his hands on you gets a real nice push.

But Taylor looks like he's more athletic, with quicker feet, plays with a lower base, and gets his hands under the pad level consistently.

Those clips can be found here.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?p=7612144#post7612144

Urc Burry
05-02-2011, 09:08 PM
I like Graig Cooper and Darren Evans at rb

Pitt Gorilla
05-02-2011, 10:27 PM
I've seen almost all of Oordt's games. He's a solid player that I'd love to see make a team somewhere.

BossChief
05-02-2011, 11:29 PM
Hate to beat the dead and rotting corpse of that horse, but Locke would be a good pickup if we didn't draft DMC.

My friend had me watch a game or two of his and made me pick him in the CP mock...he was one of my two undrafted players (the other was taken third from the final pick in the 7th round.)

SNR
05-02-2011, 11:48 PM
I really like Binns from Cincinnati. He was a good pair opposite Gilyard in the 2009-2010 season. I'm not quite sure how he did this year, though. His ceiling would likely be a quality #4 receiver.

Hall fulfills a need for us but I have no clue what his abilities are. I don't know much about him.

Echoing some other posters here, Zane Taylor would round out our interior offensive line very nicely. It would be the perfect mixture of experience and youth with LOADS of talent throughout. That would probably be the most beneficial move.

DaKCMan AP
05-03-2011, 05:39 AM
Locke, Fannin, Graig Cooper, Kris O'Dowd, Zane Taylor, Tim Barnes

Wilson8
05-09-2011, 09:01 PM
KCChiefs.COM - Josh Looney's thoughts on possible college free agents the Chiefs might be interested in.

Hundreds of college free agents will flood NFL rosters whenever free agency begins. The Chiefs will likely sign more than 10 undrafted players themselves. A few might make the roster. At least one will probably become a familiar name to Chiefs fans the end of 2011.

Here are five undrafted rookies that might interest the Chiefs.

DT Sealver Siliga
Utah
6-2, 305

A team captain for the Utah Utes, Siliga is a competitive, try-hard player at a position that the Chiefs have yet to fill out for 2011. He’s known as a run stopper, but might have to put on weight to play nose tackle in a 3-4 defense.

Both Ron Edwards and Anthony Toribio tipped the scales at 315 pounds last year and the Chiefs are listing 2011 sixth-round pick Jerrell Powe at 331 pounds.

Siliga’s decision to leave college a year early didn’t pay off on draft weekend, but he might find the Chiefs as an attractive landing spot.

RB Mario Fannin
Auburn
5-10, 231

Fannin presents an intriguing option for teams with established runners in place; particularly if one of those runners is a speedster. He’s known as a team-first player with high character and might present a nice change of pace runner for the Chiefs.

Jamaal Charles and Thomas Jones should own the top of Kansas City’s rushing depth chart, but there’s still plenty of room for competition in the reserve ranks. Fannin also brings versatility, leaving Auburn as the school’s career leader in receptions and receiving yards by a running back.
Fannin does come with several injury concerns and also put the football on the ground more than most coaches would like.

LB Mark Herzlich
Boston College
6-4, 250

Is Herzlich not at the top of everyone’s undrafted list?

Incredibly, no teams took a flier on college football’s most inspirational story. Shortly after earning ACC Defensive Player of the Year honors in 2008, and opting to return to BC for his senior season, Herzlich was diagnosed with a rare form of cancer called Ewing’s Sarcoma. He’d miss 87 weeks of football, undergoing chemotherapy and radiation treatments for much of that time, before returning to the field in 2010.

Herzlich would more than likely play inside linebacker in Kansas City. He’s likely to be a target of multiple teams whenever free agency begins.

CB Ryan Jones
Northwest Missouri State
5-11, 198

We know, at the very minimum, that Jones has previously been on the Chiefs radar. He took part in Kansas City’s Local Pro Day just over a month ago and played his college football only 100 miles north of Arrowhead Stadium. Though the Chiefs drafted a cornerback in the fourth round (Jalil Brown ) and return both starters from last season, teams can never have enough cover men.

It was surprising that Jones didn’t hear his name called in this year’s draft. Most analysts expected him to go prior to the seventh round. Some scouting services mocked Jones as high as a fourth round pick.

T Derek Hall
Stanford
6-4, 308

Another participant in the Chiefs Local Pro Day, Hall prepped at Rockhurst High School in Kansas City, MO. He’s raw, having played defensive line for much of his collegiate career and only spent one season as a starter for the Cardinal. With that said, he did a nice job protecting the right edge for Stanford QB Andrew Luck.

A developmental tackle, Hall could interest a team thin in reserves such as the Chiefs. He is thought of as a strong run blocker and may even be a candidate to play guard if things don’t work out at tackle. Hall still has a lot to learn about offensive line play, but there will be a team that takes a flier on his upside.

http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/article-2/Undrafted-Impact/a29be826-de33-4eec-b217-49c382c636e3

Pestilence
05-09-2011, 09:09 PM
For God sakes......bring in Mario Fannin.

Bump
05-10-2011, 12:04 AM
sign them all, there are just as many pro bowl undrafted FA's then there are first rounders.

Tribal Warfare
05-10-2011, 02:14 AM
Jeff Maehl, the guy was clutch in the National Championship

Mecca
05-11-2011, 10:35 PM
Little surprised there's no Terrance Tolliver talk.

luv
05-11-2011, 10:40 PM

Who are you?

CrazyPhuD
05-12-2011, 12:30 AM
Who are you?

LMAO :stupid:

DaKCMan AP
05-12-2011, 07:41 AM

Wow.. didn't even realize he went undrafted. Hell yes, bring him in!

DaKCMan AP
05-12-2011, 07:44 AM
Wow.. didn't even realize he went undrafted. Hell yes, bring him in!

Dane Sanzenbacher too.

DaKCMan AP
05-12-2011, 07:47 AM
DT Sealver Siliga
Utah
6-2, 305

A team captain for the Utah Utes, Siliga is a competitive, try-hard player at a position that the Chiefs have yet to fill out for 2011. He’s known as a run stopper, but might have to put on weight to play nose tackle in a 3-4 defense.

Bring in Ian Williams.

Wilson8
05-15-2011, 01:07 PM
We still need a tackle so...
1. David Mims
2. Willie Smith
3. Derek Hall
4. Jarriel King
A couple of these guys and maybe they go on the practice squad until next year.

Wilson8
05-15-2011, 02:29 PM
Ranking the college free agents by player’s abilities and the Chief’s needs, I’d go –

1. S Deunta Williams, North Carolina, 6’2”, 215 lbs.
Best case - Deunta comes in and starts this year beside Eric Berry.
Worst Case – He has to sit a year while he recovers from injury.
Probable – Williams is a backup and replaces Jon McGraw this year.
Others to consider, DeAndre McDaniels or Joe Lefeged.

2. C Tim Barnes, Missouri, 6’4”, 310 lbs.
Best Case – Tim beats out Rodney Hudson and becomes the starting Center.
Worst Case – He gets cut at the end of preseason.
Probable - Chiefs re-sign Wiegmann and Barnes is put on PS.
Others to consider, Zane Taylor or Jake Kirkpatrick.

3. OT David Mims, Virginia Union, 6’8”, 348 lbs.
Best Case – David comes in and starts at either the left or right tackle.
Worst Case – He goes to the practice squad.
Probable – It might cause the Chiefs to keep 4 OTs, Mims makes the team.
Others to consider, Derek Hall, Willie Smith, or Jarriel King.

4. FB Henry Hynoski, Pittsburgh, 6’2”, 265 lbs.
Best Case – Henry becomes the starting FB this season.
Worst Case – He gets cut and goes to another team.
Probable – Hynoski becomes the backup FB for the Chiefs.
Others to consider, Robert Hughes or Ryan Taylor.

5. CB Ryan Jones, Northwest Missouri, 5’11”, 198 lbs.
Best Case – Ryan beats out Jalil Brown for the nickel CB position.
Worst Case – The Chiefs try to move him to the PS but another team signs him.
Probable – Jones shows enough in preseason that he's the 5th CB.
Others “defenders” to consider, ILB Alex Wujciak or NT Ian Williams.

milkman
05-15-2011, 05:48 PM
2. C Tim Barnes, Missouri, 6’4”, 310 lbs.
Best Case – Tim beats out Rodney Hudson and becomes the starting Center.
Worst Case – He gets cut at the end of preseason.
Probable - Chiefs re-sign Wiegmann and Barnes is put on PS.
Others to consider, Zane Taylor or Jake Kirkpatrick.

From what I've seen and read, Zane Taylor is the better option for this team, and honestly, I really don't care if Weigman comes back.

The future is now.

Hog Farmer
05-15-2011, 07:05 PM
We should bring in Pete Nimwich TE 8'7" 112 pounds

milkman
05-15-2011, 07:36 PM
We should bring in Pete Nimwich TE 8'7" 112 pounds

That's not a TE.
That's a goalpost.

He'd be the perfect target for Cassel.

Wilson8
05-15-2011, 08:49 PM
From what I've seen and read, Zane Taylor is the better option for this team, and honestly, I really don't care if Weigman comes back.

The future is now.

Kansas City needs another option at center other than Hudson. Wiegmann would only be a 1 year patch in case Hudson cannot make the transition. Not what I want, just what could happen. If Taylor is the best center available, bring him in.

Not directed at you but something I ask myself, if it is so easy to convert from guard to center, could we see Lilja, Asamoah, or Harris playing there this next season?

milkman
05-15-2011, 09:06 PM
Kansas City needs another option at center other than Hudson. Wiegmann would only be a 1 year patch in case Hudson cannot make the transition. Not what I want, just what could happen. If Taylor is the best center available, bring him in.

Not directed at you but something I ask myself, if it is so easy to convert from guard to center, could we see Lilja, Asamoah, or Harris playing there this next season?

I have no illusion that this is a playoff team again in '11 (requisite if the season is played disclaimer placed here) with the schedule they face, and for that reason, I don't see a benefit in keeping Weigman as a one year patch.

Give Hudson every opportunity to earn the job out of camp, bring in another young center to compete.

Harris did play some center in college, and I seem to recall reading that he was getting snaps there in practice last season, so he's another body to compete.

Dave Lane
05-15-2011, 10:33 PM
Who are you?

Are you stalking Mecca? It's the Travis Tritt thing isn't? LMAO

SNR
05-16-2011, 01:17 AM
Prospect I'm surprised nobody has brought up.

Tori Gurley, WR, South Carolina.

Only played freshman and sophomore in college before declaring for the draft. (Obviously) that wasn't a smart decision, but he's got some great physical tools. Honestly I see him making a great name for himself at the next level.

I'd love for the Chiefs to bring him in and see if he sinks or swims. If he swims, the days of us rotating between Copper, Chambers, and Tucker as our 2-4 slots are over. Imagine that. Stability at the receiver position. Who woulda thunk THAT was even possible!

Wilson8
05-16-2011, 05:30 AM
Gurley would be fun to have on the team, just for the last name alone. At 6'4", 220 he has the size and he also has speed. It will also get down to numbers with Bowe, Baldwin, Tucker, McCluster (depends if they count him as a RB or WR) that maybe leaves 1 or 2 WR positions left. Tucker showed he could play special teams but Gurley would probably have to show he could play special teams also. We never got to see last year what Urban could do. Maybe we never will. We also have Horne, Lawrence, and Williams.

It will be interesting what they do with Chris Chambers. They might release him at first opportunity. Since he was guaranteed 6 million off of his contract, I'd keep him as long as he did not cost anymore. If KC lets him go early, he finds money with another team. I think he can play when he's motivated. I don't think that will be with KC next year though.

boogblaster
05-16-2011, 08:17 AM
all that can help us ....

TRR
05-18-2011, 05:13 PM
Gurley would be fun to have on the team, just for the last name alone. At 6'4", 220 he has the size and he also has speed. It will also get down to numbers with Bowe, Baldwin, Tucker, McCluster (depends if they count him as a RB or WR) that maybe leaves 1 or 2 WR positions left. Tucker showed he could play special teams but Gurley would probably have to show he could play special teams also. We never got to see last year what Urban could do. Maybe we never will. We also have Horne, Lawrence, and Williams.

It will be interesting what they do with Chris Chambers. They might release him at first opportunity. Since he was guaranteed 6 million off of his contract, I'd keep him as long as he did not cost anymore. If KC lets him go early, he finds money with another team. I think he can play when he's motivated. I don't think that will be with KC next year though.

I think you really hit on something here. Jeramie Urban (as well as Kevin Curtis.). Urban looked very solid in TC and has always impressed me with his ability to get open. I thought that was a big loss for us by years end.

If KC can get production out of Urban and Curtis, and continued growth out of Tucker, the WR corp could go from very weak to strong with Baldwin as well.
Posted via Mobile Device