PDA

View Full Version : Nat'l Security WH confirms DNA matches OBL

mlyonsd
05-02-2011, 09:25 AM
Updated 11:16 am. ET] A senior administration official tells CNN that a DNA match confirms Osama bin Laden killed.

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2011/05/02/obama-to-make-statment-tonight-subject-unknown/?hpt=T1&iref=BN1

Mr. Kotter
05-02-2011, 09:31 AM
:toast:

dirk digler
05-02-2011, 09:36 AM
Won't be good enough for sportsshrink. He will need the long form death certificate and a part of his penis to suck on

dirk digler
05-02-2011, 09:44 AM
Know how the U.S. military was able to confirm the identity of Bin Laden? They matched his DNA with a sample from his sisters brain which they collected when she died (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/pakistan/8488004/Osama-Bin-Ladens-body-identified-by-sisters-brain.html) "several years ago."

According to the telegraph, she was living in Boston when passed away from brain cancer "several years ago."
When his sister, who has not been named, died from brain cancer several years ago in Boston the FBI immediately subpoenaed her body so that it could later be used to identify the al-Qaeda leader if he was caught, it was claimed.
The brain was preserved and tissue and blood samples taken from it were used to compile a DNA profile, ABC News reported.
The tissue sample was reportedly then matched to the DNA of the man shot dead by US troops in a raid on bin Laden's compound in Pakistan.

warrior
05-02-2011, 09:44 AM
ROT IN HELL---fu**king coward. :toast:

BigChiefFan
05-02-2011, 09:47 AM
So we had his DNA on file?

Radar Chief
05-02-2011, 10:08 AM
So we had his DNA on file?

Donít need too. The same conclusion can be reached using his families DNA as reference.

Edit: if we had just read a little further Dirk covered this.

Know how the U.S. military was able to confirm the identity of Bin Laden? They matched his DNA with a sample from his sisters brain which they collected when she died (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/pakistan/8488004/Osama-Bin-Ladens-body-identified-by-sisters-brain.html) "several years ago."

According to the telegraph, she was living in Boston when passed away from brain cancer "several years ago."
When his sister, who has not been named, died from brain cancer several years ago in Boston the FBI immediately subpoenaed her body so that it could later be used to identify the al-Qaeda leader if he was caught, it was claimed.
The brain was preserved and tissue and blood samples taken from it were used to compile a DNA profile, ABC News reported.
The tissue sample was reportedly then matched to the DNA of the man shot dead by US troops in a raid on bin Laden's compound in Pakistan.

BigChiefFan
05-02-2011, 10:37 AM
Trying to figure out the timeline on this.

So we killed Bin Laden at his compound(away from sea, several hours in fact), took a DNA sample and got back the evidence, put him out to sea, and broke the story within 24 hours of all this occuring?

That was pretty fast lab results, huh?

kstater
05-02-2011, 10:44 AM

So we killed Bin Laden at his compound(away from sea, several hours in fact), took a DNA sample and got back the evidence, put him out to sea, and broke the story within 24 hours of all this occuring?

I suspect the military has the potential to do this.
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/crime/article6723549.ece

DaFace
05-02-2011, 11:11 AM

Most of the lab delay is just getting on their schedule. Even if they went to a more traditional lab instead of a field lab, I suspect that they could have gotten someone to cooperate with something of this magnitude pretty quickly.

BigChiefFan
05-02-2011, 11:34 AM
Okay, but then this comes up...

So we are performing superfast DNA tests on all militants that look like they could fit Bin Laden's description and then putting them out to sea, all within 24 hours of every military conflict, where "the enemy" is killed and looks like Bin Laden? Seems a little far-fetched in my book.

kstater
05-02-2011, 12:11 PM
They didn't randomly show up at some dudes house because they thought he looked like Osama. The DNA test was a burden of proof for the future.

teedubya
05-02-2011, 12:12 PM
Donít need too. The same conclusion can be reached using his families DNA as reference.

Edit: if we had just read a little further Dirk covered this.

That is true. All we needed to do was have GWH Bush grab one Osama's dads locks of hair at a Carlyle Group meeting. BOOM. Genius.

KILLER_CLOWN
05-02-2011, 12:46 PM
That is true. All we needed to do was have GWH Bush grab one Osama's dads locks of hair at a Carlyle Group meeting. BOOM. Genius.

:LOL:

KILLER_CLOWN
05-02-2011, 12:48 PM
This just in......Buckwheat has been shot.

orange
05-02-2011, 12:51 PM
I guess the DNA match still leaves a question unanswered:

Did the gloves fit?

KILLER_CLOWN
05-02-2011, 12:52 PM

Did the gloves fit?

A little late to acquit don't you think?

BucEyedPea
05-02-2011, 01:21 PM
Most of the lab delay is just getting on their schedule. Even if they went to a more traditional lab instead of a field lab, I suspect that they could have gotten someone to cooperate with something of this magnitude pretty quickly.

Dr. Temperence Brennan perhaps or Cam?

BucEyedPea
05-02-2011, 01:22 PM

Did the gloves fit?

They should produce this physical evidence to end all speculation. That would be a good idea. Trust but verify.

Cheater5
05-02-2011, 01:33 PM
Reports of DNA matches this quickly may be erroneous (someone in the administration or a spokesman made an incorrect leap of logic without full understanding). However- what I would presume is more along the lines of some sort of biometric 'match'.

http://www.biometrics.dod.mil/Newsletter/issues/2008/Jan/v4issue2/v4issue2_a3.html

The BAT and HIIDE systems are very effective and as long as you have an iris scan or fingerprint of your target- positive identification can be obtained rather quickly. I know I've used this, and many other members on this board probably have as well.

Pure speculation on my part.