PDA

View Full Version : Misc Reuters shows 3 deadmen at Bin Laden House

Chocolate Hog
05-04-2011, 03:24 PM
http://ca.news.yahoo.com/photos-show-three-dead-men-bin-laden-raid-194758961.html

http://www.reuters.com/news/pictures/slideshow?articleId=USRTR2LW77

ISLAMABAD (Reuters) - Photographs acquired by Reuters and taken about an hour after the U.S. assault on Osama bin Laden's compound in Abbottabad in Pakistan show three dead men lying in pools of blood, but no weapons.
The photos, taken by a Pakistani security official who entered the compound after the early morning raid on Monday, show two men dressed in traditional Pakistani garb and one in a t-shirt, with blood streaming from their ears, noses and mouths.
The official, who wished to remain anonymous, sold the pictures to Reuters.
None of the men looked like bin Laden. President Barack Obama decided not to release photos of his body because it could have incited violence and used as an al Qaeda propaganda tool, the White House said on Wednesday.
Based on the time-stamps on the pictures, the earliest one was dated May 2, 2:30 a.m., approximately an hour after the completion of the raid in which bin Laden was killed.
Other photos, taken hours later at between 5:21 a.m. and 6:43 a.m. show the outside of the trash-strewn compound and the wreckage of the helicopter the United States abandoned. The tail assembly is unusual, and could indicate some kind of previously unknown stealth capability.
Reuters is confident of the authenticity of the purchased images because details in the photos appear to show a wrecked helicopter from the assault, matching details from photos taken independently on Monday.
U.S. forces lost a helicopter in the raid due to a mechanical problem and later destroyed it.
The pictures are also taken in sequence and are all the same size in pixels, indicating they have not been tampered with. The time and date in the photos as recorded in the digital file's metadata match lighting conditions for the area as well as the time and date imprinted on the image itself.
The close-cropped pictures do not show any weapons on the dead men, but the photos are taken in medium close-up and often crop out the men's hands and arms.
One photo shows a computer cable and what looks like a child's plastic green and orange water pistol lying under the right shoulder of one of the dead men. A large pool of blood has formed under his head.
A second shows another man with a streak of blood running from his nose across his right cheek and a large band of blood across his chest.
A third man, in a T-shirt, is on his back in a large pool of blood which appears to be from a head wound.
U.S. acknowledgment on Tuesday that bin Laden was unarmed when shot dead had raised accusations Washington had violated international law. The exact circumstances of his death remained unclear and could yet fuel controversy, especially in the Muslim world.
Pakistan faced national embarrassment, a leading Islamabad newspaper said, in explaining how the world's most-wanted man was able to live for years in the military garrison town of Abbottabad, just north of the capital.
Pakistan blamed worldwide intelligence lapses for a failure to detect bin Laden, while Washington worked to establish whether its ally had sheltered the al Qaeda leader, which Islamabad vehemently denies.

Chocolate Hog
05-04-2011, 03:26 PM
No reason not to release Bin Ladens.

blaise
05-04-2011, 03:32 PM

You mean because these are out there? These weren't released by the US government.

ClevelandBronco
05-04-2011, 03:32 PM
One photo shows a computer cable and what looks like a child's plastic green and orange water pistol lying under the right shoulder of one of the dead men. A large pool of blood has formed under his head.

Once he looked down his arm to see what weapon he'd pulled, the last thing that must have gone through his mind (besides the bullet) was, "Oh, fuck, I can't believe this. I'm as worthless as Fredo Corleone."

orange
05-04-2011, 03:34 PM

You realize that half of Bin Laden's head was blown away, don't you?

Chocolate Hog
05-04-2011, 03:34 PM
Once he looked down his arm to see what weapon he'd pulled, the last thing that must have gone through his mind (besides the bullet) was, "Oh, ****, I can't believe this. I'm as worthless as Fredo Corleone."

Does he not get 72 virgins then?

Chocolate Hog
05-04-2011, 03:35 PM

Good.

dirk digler
05-04-2011, 03:36 PM
I only see 2 photos where are the rest?

Also it is ok to to paste the photos on CP or is that against the rules?

Chocolate Hog
05-04-2011, 03:37 PM
ROFL I just saw what you were talking about Clev. Dirk I'm not sure it's pretty graphic so I didn't wanna take a chance,

mikey23545
05-04-2011, 03:37 PM

Then he's only half as ugly as he used to be...What's the problem?

orange
05-04-2011, 03:38 PM
Does he not get 72 virgins then?

After getting half his head blown away by a SEAL, Osama made his way
to the pearly gates. There, he was greeted by George Washington.

"How dare you attack the nation I helped conceive!" yells Mr.
Washington, slapping Osama in the face.

Patrick Henry comes up from behind. "You wanted to end the
Americans' liberty, so they gave you death!" Henry punches
Osama on the nose.

James Madison comes up next, and says "This is why I allowed
the Federal government to provide for the common defense!"
He drops a large weight on Osama's knee.

Osama is subject to similar beatings from John Randolph of
Roanoke, James Monroe, and 65 other people who have the
same love for liberty and America. As he writhes on the ground,
Thomas Jefferson picks him up to hurl him back toward the gate
where he is to be judged.

As Osama awaits his journey to his final very hot destination,
he screams "This is not what I was promised!"

An angel replies "I told you there would be 72 Virginians
waiting for you. What did you think I said?"

dirk digler
05-04-2011, 03:43 PM
ROFL I just saw what you were talking about Clev. Dirk I'm not sure it's pretty graphic so I didn't wanna take a chance,

I thought about pasting them in but I figured I would ask first.

Chocolate Hog
05-04-2011, 03:46 PM
I thought about pasting them in but I figured I would ask first.

See if we can get a mod to change it to NFSW and then do it.

ClevelandBronco
05-04-2011, 04:05 PM
Just put them in a spoiler.

dirk digler
05-04-2011, 04:36 PM
Looks like they pulled the photos.

go bowe
05-04-2011, 04:38 PM
shit, i didn't get to see the damn photos...

dirk digler
05-04-2011, 04:42 PM
shit, i didn't get to see the damn photos...

The second link works but all the gruesome ones are gone

ForeverChiefs58
05-04-2011, 05:52 PM
Just put them in a spoiler.

I have em, but how do you do that?

ClevelandBronco
05-04-2011, 06:02 PM
I have em, but how do you do that?

Actually, I have no idea.

ForeverChiefs58
05-04-2011, 06:06 PM
Actually, I have no idea.

I meant how do you put them in a spoiler I have never done that before?

ForeverChiefs58
05-04-2011, 06:08 PM
Here is a link, they are pretty graphic and very NSFW

http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/141380/20110504/osama-bin-laden-dead-graphic-photos-and-new-raid-details-emerge.htm

ForeverChiefs58
05-04-2011, 06:09 PM
I am pretty sure you can tell which one his son is cause it looks like him. The one with blood coming out his ears and all behind his head

Donger
05-04-2011, 06:16 PM
Graphic Pictures

ClevelandBronco
05-04-2011, 06:18 PM
I meant how do you put them in a spoiler I have never done that before?

̛I've seen spoilers here. I can't tell you how to do it. I don't know.

I'll take a wild guess.

I guess it's not very difficult after all.

orange
05-04-2011, 06:19 PM
Nope, doesn't work for pictures.

I thought not. A mod can probably make those thumbnails smaller, though, if need be.

Donger
05-04-2011, 06:22 PM
I guess there is a way to spoiler pictures, but only if you are linking to a URL. I downloaded those for my new desktop, so I guess you can't upload spoiler pictures?

ClevelandBronco
05-04-2011, 06:23 PM
Nope, doesn't work for pictures.

I thought not. A mod can probably make those thumbnails smaller, though, if need be.

http://www.willisms.com/archives/orangutan.gif

Rain Man
05-04-2011, 06:25 PM
Post #23 made me laugh. You wade past the blood and the gore, hit the spoiler button, and it warns you that the photos are graphic.

Chocolate Hog
05-04-2011, 06:27 PM

Racist

Donger
05-04-2011, 06:27 PM
Post #23 made me laugh. You wade past the blood and the gore, hit the spoiler button, and it warns you that the photos are graphic.

I did my best, but I'm afraid that I've never been exposed to Enhanced Posting Techniques (EPTs). They are pretty brutal, almost tortuous.

orange
05-04-2011, 06:30 PM

You need to explain how you did that.

[edit] I see, hotlinks work. But can you do that with an attachment? Maybe imageshack or the like?