PDA

View Full Version : Misc I'm wanting to buy a handgun from my buddy (he bought it legally) how do I go about..

Wyndex
05-04-2011, 04:12 PM
..it?

Anything special I need to consider? He has had it for a couple of years and has only fired it at the range a couple of times. I want to purchase it and register it, take the classes for conceal and carry etc etc.

I talked to a Sheriffs deputy and he told me to check out the Bullet Hole, they hold the classes on Saturdays and it's only $125 and I'll get all the paperwork there that they need at the Sheriff's office and the fees cost $150, license will be good for 4 years.

So am I legally allowed to just out right buy it from my buddy? Do we do a bill of sell?

WV
05-04-2011, 04:14 PM
You need to check your particular state laws. In WV you can sell a handgun privately with just a receipt, Notarized is better but check out private gun sales in your state.

rockymtnchief
05-04-2011, 04:15 PM
There's no background check if buying from an individual. Pay, get reciept, done.

rockymtnchief
05-04-2011, 04:17 PM
Hmmm...I guess it might vary by state. Pretty simple transaction around here.

AustinChief
05-04-2011, 04:24 PM
..it?

Anything special I need to consider? He has had it for a couple of years and has only fired it at the range a couple of times. I want to purchase it and register it, take the classes for conceal and carry etc etc.

I talked to a Sheriffs deputy and he told me to check out the Bullet Hole, they hold the classes on Saturdays and it's only $125 and I'll get all the paperwork there that they need at the Sheriff's office and the fees cost $150, license will be good for 4 years.

So am I legally allowed to just out right buy it from my buddy? Do we do a bill of sell?

If you both live in the same state, and that state is Kansas... then just pay for the gun. It's that simple.

threebag
05-04-2011, 04:27 PM
CASH. Everything else is bullshit.

AustinChief
05-04-2011, 04:28 PM
Here is the only law that matters...

http://kansasstatutes.lesterama.org/Chapter_21/Article_42/#21-4204

There is no specific KS statute dealing with sales and Federal law only applies to interstate sales.

Wyndex
05-04-2011, 04:44 PM
fuckin sweet guys

yeah we both live in Kansas

I read that while carrying the gun in my car it needs to be sealed in a case and unloaded

Question: Can it be loaded while carrying it on myself? Obviously I can't carry it into a place where guns are prohibited etc

rockymtnchief
05-04-2011, 04:53 PM
Google "carry conceal weapons" to learn the exact laws of your state. Don't take any chances and get your butt arrested.

MIAdragon
05-04-2011, 05:00 PM
run the numbers just to be safe.

Hog's Gone Fishin
05-04-2011, 09:11 PM
God I Love Texas !