PDA

View Full Version : News Ohio State looking at more trouble

BigMeatballDave
05-07-2011, 09:17 AM
http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/05/07/o-h-uh-oh-buckeyes-to-probe-car-sales-to-players-and-relatives/related

Bowser
05-07-2011, 10:19 AM
They'll just extend Tressel's vacation a game or two.

BigMeatballDave
05-07-2011, 11:16 AM
I'm thinking if Tressel isn't fired, the NCAA may come down on that program.

notorious
05-07-2011, 12:44 PM
Nothing will come of this. The NCAA is a joke.

Bryant loses his final season for lying to the NCAA about a perfectly legal meal with Deion Sanders.

Tressel and a lot of OSU players are involved in a massive cover-up, yet they got to play in their BCS bowl game. :facepalm: What a fucking joke.

-King-
05-07-2011, 12:47 PM
Nothing will come of this. The NCAA is a joke.

Bryant loses his final season for lying to the NCAA about a perfectly legal meal with Deion Sanders.

Tressel and a lot of OSU players are involved in a massive cover-up, yet they got to play in their BCS bowl game. :facepalm: What a fucking joke.

This. If they're going to have dumbass rules about what players can or can't do, the least they can do is be consistent with them.

chiefzilla1501
05-07-2011, 03:40 PM
They're going to get the hammer dropped on them... and they should. What makes this a different case from USC is I don't believe there's any real evidence that OSU supported this practice of getting money from boosters. If I'm not mistaken, while Tressel covered up, he also told his players to stop once he found out. Sleazy nonetheless, but a different ball game.

But more importantly, it's interesting to me that the NCAA was investigating Oregon recruiting violations, they obviously punted on an obvious Cam Newton violation, and have done relatively nothing to probe further on the Auburn story of receiving illegal benefits on HBO Sports(?). This after they waited 5 years to do anything about USC.

They'll do anything to protect the money they make in bowl games. That's the greater issue here.

PunkinDrublic
05-07-2011, 03:44 PM
I think all successful college football programs cheat on one level or another. Jobs are at stake and there is just too much pressure to win not to. Ohio State seems to get busted every couple of years. Are they just really bad at covering their tracks?

GordonGekko
05-07-2011, 05:42 PM
LOL WTF OSU?

Don't you know the investigative media works across the street from campus?

I mean, if this was Rawlings Unicorn St. I could understand the boosters thinking they could get away with this sh*t, but OSU is just dumb F**k stupid.

Titty Meat
05-07-2011, 06:23 PM
Yay!

Extra Point
05-07-2011, 07:49 PM
As soon as the NCAA wises up, schools will give all players free rides in every sport in which the school participates. The limitation of scholarships is a joke, and prompts the snakes of agents and hell-bent alums to go overboard.