PDA

View Full Version : Obama Should our POTUS still hang out with people of questionable character issues ?

Pages : [1] 2

ROYC75
05-10-2011, 11:57 AM
One would think Obama should show a better example of the people he associates himself with now, No ? Being in the public's eye, kids ever looking up to him and all ? Guess Not.

Oh well ..... Same Ole Obama, same now as before. This should get the Liberals and the left fired up from Palin.:p

http://news.yahoo.com/s/dailycaller/20110510/pl_dailycaller/palinrapswhitehouserapper;_ylt=Ar8zFoEWJn5LjfwgYb9BqaVH2ocA;_ylu=X3oDMTNnbG5oNjdxBGFzc2V0A2RhaWx5Y2F sbGVyLzIwMTEwNTEwL3BhbGlucmFwc3doaXRlaG91c2VyYXBwZXIEY2NvZGUDZ21wZQRjcG9zAzkEcG9zAzkEc2VjA3luX3RvcF9 zdG9yaWVzBHNsawNwYWxpbnJhcHN3aGk-

Sarah Palin tweeted into the growing controversy over Michelle Obama’s decision to invite Chicago rapper ‘Common’ to a White House arts event for students.

“Oh lovely, White House,” she said about Common’s “A Letter to the Law” rap-poem, which was transcribed and published in yesterday’s Daily Caller. The 2007 rap includes threats to kill police and a call to kill then-President George W. Bush.

“Them dick boys got a lock of cock in them

“My people on the block got a lot of [Tu]pac in them…

“Burn a Bush cos’ for peace …”
[ For complete coverage of politics and policy, go to Yahoo! Politics ]

The planned event, titled “An Evening of Poetry,” may prove especially awkward for the White House, because the President is scheduled to deliver opening remarks at the event, which is to be streamed out via the Internet.

Officials at the First Lady’s office in the White House declined to comment.

The rapper, Lonnie Rashid Lynn, who now goes by the name “Common,” is a long-time booster of Obama. Before the election, he attended events with Obama at Rev. Jeremiah Wright’s church in Chicago. Common is considered by his fans to be one of the best poets to emerge from Obama’s adopted home town.

Presidential candidate Bill Clinton faced a similar political problem in the spring of 1992, when a rapper, “Sister Souljah,” sparked a controversy by suggesting that African-Americans should kill white people. “If Black people kill Black people every day, why not have a week and kill white people?” she said during a Washington Post interview. A few weeks later, Clinton criticized that comment, prompting a rebuke from Rev. Jesse Jackson. The resulting controversy allowed Clinton to distance himself from some activists and successfully position himself a centrist in the presidential election.

Other participants at the Obama’s Wednesday event include Elizabeth Alexander, Billy Collins, Rita Dove, Kenneth Goldsmith, Alison Knowles, Aimee Mann and Jill Scott. They will read, sing, and showcase the impact of poetry on American culture, said a May 4 White House press release. “Students will work with and learn from many of the evening’s performers,“ said the statement.

blaise
05-10-2011, 12:34 PM
When I was in college the Black Student Union paid to have Sister Souljah speak on campus. Before she came she said, "There's no such thing as a good white person."
Some people wrote letters to the school paper to complain and the responses in support of her were something like, "She just speaks the truth."

chasedude
05-10-2011, 12:38 PM
Has any rapper talked about "taking out" Palin? If so, I'd love to hear that one.

vailpass
05-10-2011, 12:43 PM
Embarassing. Disgraceful. What we feared when we heard michelle "proud of my contry" obama was going to be darkening the doors of the White House. Feel free to invite whoever you want, don't worry that you are driving down the property value.

Chocolate Hog
05-10-2011, 12:46 PM
Embarassing. Disgraceful. What we feared when we heard michelle "proud of my contry" obama was going to be darkening the doors of the White House. Feel free to invite whoever you want, don't worry that you are driving down the property value.

Lawlz idiot.

vailpass
05-10-2011, 12:49 PM
Lawlz idiot.

Thank you for representing the White Trash contingent. Your opinion will be given the consideration it deserves.

Chocolate Hog
05-10-2011, 12:51 PM
Thank you for representing the White Trash contingent. Your opinion will be given the consideration it deserves.

Yea whatever Steve your last post was racist as fuck.

vailpass
05-10-2011, 12:53 PM
Yea whatever Steve your last post was racist as ****.

"We call things racism just to get attention. We reduce complicated problems to racism, not because it is racism, but because it works."

- Alfredo Gutierrez

You falsely accuse racism on a regular basis. Not sure if it is intentional or if you are not smart enough to understand but I'm leaning toward the latter.

Chocolate Hog
05-10-2011, 12:56 PM
"We call things racism just to get attention. We reduce complicated problems to racism, not because it is racism, but because it works."

- Alfredo Gutierrez

You falsely accuse racism on a regular basis. Not sure if it is intentional or if you are not smart enough to understand but I'm leaning toward the latter.

"Driving Down the property value." I know what you meant by that and you're too much of a coward to even admit it. I'll call you on your bullshit every time.

vailpass
05-10-2011, 01:04 PM
"Driving Down the property value." I know what you meant by that and you're too much of a coward to even admit it. I'll call you on your bullshit every time.

You aren't cerebrally equipped to even recognize if I am bullshitting or not much less call me out on it.

Please have the decency to either back up your accusation of racism or retract it.

|Zach|
05-10-2011, 01:16 PM
Common has been at it for years. Done a lot of good work.

There won't be a lot of traction here. I mean...there will be traction with a crowd that is marginalized but they want everything to have traction. LMAO

vailpass
05-10-2011, 01:21 PM
Common has been at it for years. Done a lot of good work.

There won't be a lot of traction here. I mean...there will be traction with a crowd that is marginalized but they want everything to have traction. LMAO

Most of us are holding our noses and waiting for it to end.

|Zach|
05-10-2011, 01:24 PM
Most of us are holding our noses and waiting for it to end.

Keep holding bud it seems like it is going to be a long time for you. Maybe you can organize the "White Flight" party and steal some electoral votes.

vailpass
05-10-2011, 01:45 PM
Keep holding bud it seems like it is going to be a long time for you. Maybe you can organize the "White Flight" party and steal some electoral votes.

It's going to be a long time before gangster rappers won't be invited to the White House?

|Zach|
05-10-2011, 02:26 PM
It's going to be a long time before gangster rappers won't be invited to the White House?

You have a long time to prop up silly racial rhetoric about the family in the White House. About 5 years I would say.

NewChief
05-10-2011, 02:34 PM

Lawlz.

Common is far from "gangster." He's a socially-conscious rapper. His album "Be" is one of the finest works of hip hop to come out in the last 10 years. Taking out of context lyrics and trying to judge an artist by them is ridiculous. When Vladimir Nabokov writes from the point of view of Humbert Humbert, are we to assume that Nabokov shares his protagonist's predeliction for pedophilia?

patteeu
05-10-2011, 03:00 PM
Yea whatever Steve your last post was racist as ****.

:spock: If you're looking for a real racist, take a look at this:

http://www.romano-liloro.com/user/cimage/RonPaulDonBlackDerekBlack.jpg

Jaric
05-10-2011, 03:01 PM
Lawlz.

Common is far from "gangster." He's a socially-conscious rapper. His album "Be" is one of the finest works of hip hop to come out in the last 10 years. Yeah, whole lot of this.

NewChief
05-10-2011, 03:03 PM
I bet Roy would be all up in arms if Johnny Cash visited the white house as well. After all, he "glorified" shooting a man in Reno, just to watch him die.

Donger
05-10-2011, 03:05 PM
He's a socially-conscious rapper.

Did he or did he not write the words in the OP?

Detoxing
05-10-2011, 03:08 PM
He just drove to Pakistan and killed OBL.

He can do whateva the fuck he wants.

vailpass
05-10-2011, 03:10 PM
Lawlz.

Common is far from "gangster." He's a socially-conscious rapper. His album "Be" is one of the finest works of hip hop to come out in the last 10 years. Taking out of context lyrics and trying to judge an artist by them is ridiculous. When Vladimir Nabokov writes from the point of view of Humbert Humbert, are we to assume that Nabokov shares his protagonist's predeliction for pedophilia?

LMAO Socially conscious rapper.

If that is your opinion you are certainly welcome to it. Save the attempt to legitimize for someone who can be swayed by the "Don't Stand So Close To Me" defense.

Donger
05-10-2011, 03:11 PM
Hmmm...

A Letter to the Law

Dem boy wanna talk… [indistinguishable]

Whatcha gon do if ya got one gun?

I sing a song for the hero unsung

with faces on the mural of the revolution

No looking back cos’ in back is what’s done

Tell the preacher, God got more than one son

Tell the law, my Uzi weighs a ton

I walk like a warrior,

from them I won’t run

On the streets, they try to beat us like a drum

In Cincinnati, another brother hung

A guinea won’t see the sun

with his family stung

They want us to hold justice

but you handed me none

The same they did to Kobe and Michael Jackson

make them the main attraction

Turn around and attack them

Black gem in the rough

You’re rugged enough

Use your mind and nine-power, get the government touch

Them boys chat-chat on how him pop gun

I got the black strap to make the cops run

They watching me, I’m watching them

Them dick boys got a lock of cock in them

My people on the block got a lot of pok* in them

and when we roll together

we be rocking them to sleep

No time for that, because there’s things to be done

Stay true to what I do so the youth dream come

from project building

Seeing a fiend being hung

With that happening, why they messing with Saddam?

Burn a Bush cos’ for peace he no push no button

Killing over oil and grease

no weapons of destruction

How can we follow a leader when this a corrupt one

The government’s a g-unit and they might buck young black people

Black people In the urban area one

I hold up a peace sign, but I carry a gun.

Peace, ya’ll.”

ROYC75
05-10-2011, 03:11 PM
I bet Roy would be all up in arms if Johnny Cash visited the white house as well. After all, he "glorified" shooting a man in Reno, just to watch him die.

LMAO

:thumb:

NewChief
05-10-2011, 03:17 PM
LMAO Socially conscious rapper.

If that is your opinion you are certainly welcome to it. Save the attempt to legitimize for someone who can be swayed by the "Don't Stand So Close To Me" defense.

Eh, whatever. I realize that you don't likely recognize hip hop (this is actually a spoken word poem not hip hop) is a legitimate art form.

vailpass
05-10-2011, 03:18 PM
Eh, whatever. I realize that you don't likely recognize hip hop (this is actually a spoken word poem not hip hop) is a legitimate art form.

mikey23545
05-10-2011, 03:20 PM
Should our POTUS still hang out with people of questionable character issues ?

Hell, he was raised by them.

|Zach|
05-10-2011, 03:22 PM
LMAO

scott free
05-10-2011, 03:26 PM
Gotta say that i'm not seeing a lot of redeeming values in that poem.

The whole worlds against them, gonna run the cops off with a gun & Kobe didnt butt**** a girl against her will?

vailpass
05-10-2011, 03:30 PM

NC you know I respect you but we disagree on this. I realize that to some on this board the ideas of decorum, dignity and respect are antiquated concepts with no place in the new world. But without those qualities what is our White House, the very tangible symbol of our contry?

I appreciate that you may find those lyrics to be socially conscious; I would reply by saying that is fine but there is a time and a place for everything and I can't see any time where that sort of message has a place in the White House.

NewChief
05-10-2011, 03:37 PM
NC you know I respect you but we disagree on this. I realize that to some on this board the ideas of decorum, dignity and respect are antiquated concepts with no place in the new world. But without those qualities what is our White House, the very tangible symbol of our contry?

I appreciate that you may find those lyrics to be socially conscious; I would reply by saying that is fine but there is a time and a place for everything and I can't see any time where that sort of message has a place in the White House.

I have no problem with people being upset that Common is in the White House because his lyrics are politically extreme or radical. What I do have a problem with his people dismissing his rap as gangster or thug rap, because it isn't. The guy is politically astute and has a legitimate point of view. To try to write him off as a gangster thug is ignorant, and frankly, somewhat racist.

Brock
05-10-2011, 03:43 PM

He's merely pointing out the irony of living in a warmongering nation while professing peace but at the same time having to defend his piece of the hood from neighboring Gs. You just don't get it. /"intellectuals"

NewChief
05-10-2011, 03:46 PM
He's merely pointing out the irony of living in a warmongering nation while professing peace but at the same time having to defend his piece of the hood from neighboring Gs. You just don't get it. /"intellectuals"

Thanks, Brock! Couldn't have said it better myself. LMAO

I'd actually say that the gun referred to repeatedly is a metaphor for his lyrical ability/microphone. His intellect is more powerful than a gun, plus it allows him to simultaneously embrace peace and resistance.

The Bush being burned is clearly an allusion both to the Biblical burning bush and the smoking of marijuana.

vailpass
05-10-2011, 03:59 PM
I have no problem with people being upset that Common is in the White House because his lyrics are politically extreme or radical. What I do have a problem with his people dismissing his rap as gangster or thug rap, because it isn't. The guy is politically astute and has a legitimate point of view. To try to write him off as a gangster thug is ignorant, and frankly, somewhat racist.

Oh man not you NewChief. Don't do that.

vailpass
05-10-2011, 04:01 PM

LMAO Activities at the White House should be something you want to take your young children to see, not shield them from viewing.

NewChief
05-10-2011, 04:03 PM
Oh man not you NewChief. Don't do that.

My point is that you're reducing all black expression to either gangster or thug. Just because a black guy raps and says something objectionable doesn't mean he's a gangster. The same thing would be if I said every person that sings country music is a redneck. It's a weak generalization.

Chocolate Hog
05-10-2011, 04:07 PM
This thread is awesome. Common is a gangsta rapper and Ron Paul is a racist. All thats left is Patteau coming in and claiming Bush was a peace keeper.

Chocolate Hog
05-10-2011, 04:08 PM
Reagan had drug kings at his fundraisers guess he was a violent guy too.

patteeu
05-10-2011, 04:11 PM
Alternatively, can Common's reputation withstand the hit he'll take from hanging out with people of questionable character?

vailpass
05-10-2011, 04:13 PM
My point is that you're reducing all black expression to either gangster or thug. Just because a black guy raps and says something objectionable doesn't mean he's a gangster. The same thing would be if I said every person that sings country music is a redneck. It's a weak generalization.

If there are clear cut definitions of the difference between a gangster rapper and others I'm not aware.
I thought that if a guy rapped about weapons, violence, murdering governemnt officials and used the "N" word that was gangster or thug rapping.
If that is not correct that absolutely does not mean my statement was racist. At worst I'm guilty of extreme apathy as to the true definitions.

NewChief
05-10-2011, 04:13 PM
To go further:

You know how you don't like it when someone dismisses your argument as racist? That's the same sort of reductionism as dismissing his criticism or persona as gangster. The difference is that the dismissal of your argument is based upon the content of what you say (even if it's misperceived). The dismissal/reduction of his argument is based solely on the fact that he's black. It has zero to do with what he's saying (which is not gangster in the least. Politically radical, yes. Not gangster).

Chocolate Hog
05-10-2011, 04:14 PM
If there are clear cut definitions of the difference between a gangster rapper and others I'm not aware.

This defines your posting style.

vailpass
05-10-2011, 04:19 PM
To go further:

You know how you don't like it when someone dismisses your argument as racist? That's the same sort of reductionism as dismissing his criticism or persona as gangster. The difference is that the dismissal of your argument is based upon the content of what you say (even if it's misperceived). The dismissal/reduction of his argument is based solely on the fact that he's black. It has zero to do with what he's saying (which is not gangster in the least. Politically radical, yes. Not gangster).

I understand your point and disagree 100% with your cop-out that detractors form their opinion based on his color not his words and actions. That is a fucking insult.

Kids and others look to the President as a role model and an example of who and what America is. When a kid hears this guy use the N word, advocate violence including the assasination of a President and then thinks "well, it must be ok since he was invited to the White House" it has a negative effect regardless of what you or others try to explain as the underlying meaning.

NewChief
05-10-2011, 04:22 PM
I understand your point and disagree 100% with your cop-out that detractors form their opinion based on his color not his words and actions. That is a ****ing insult.

Kids and others look to the President as a role model and an example of who and what America is. When a kid hears this guy use the N word, advocate violence including the assasination of a President and then thinks "well, it must be ok since he was invited to the White House" it has a negative effect regardless of what you or others try to explain as the underlying meaning.

If it isn't based on his color, then how do the words thug and gangster leap so quickly to the lips? If it were a Mexican or a white dude saying the same things, I don't think those would be the word choices. The descriptors are based on his race and limit (and dismiss) modes of expression from that race.

NewChief
05-10-2011, 04:25 PM
I'm laughing at the duality here:

"So a white man can't criticize a black man without being racist?"

"So a black man can't criticize a white president without being a gangster thug?"

Can't we all just get along? Fuck no, Rodney, now get your black ass back to rehab.

vailpass
05-10-2011, 04:31 PM
If it isn't based on his color, then how do the words thug and gangster leap so quickly to the lips? If it were a Mexican or a white dude saying the same things, I don't think those would be the word choices. The descriptors are based on his race and limit (and dismiss) modes of expression from that race.

I see your point. You obviously know more about the subject than I do. Again, I thought it was 'gangster rap' if the N word was used and weapons, violence and crime were mentioned.

vailpass
05-10-2011, 04:32 PM
I'm laughing at the duality here:

"So a white man can't criticize a black man without being racist?"

"So a black man can't criticize a white president without being a gangster thug?"

Can't we all just get along? **** no, Rodney, now get your black ass back to rehab.

Advocating assasination = criticism?
Damn, tough crowd.

NewChief
05-10-2011, 04:40 PM
Advocating assasination = criticism?
Damn, tough crowd.

So sayeth Sarah "Reticle" Palin.

patteeu
05-10-2011, 04:54 PM
To go further:

I think he did a pretty good job of invalidating your argument with the post he made just before this one.

BTW, are you suggesting that only blacks can be gangster or thug?

mlyonsd
05-10-2011, 05:02 PM
Inviting an artist to the WH that makes his living suggesting a president should get capped is giving him validation.

I suppose Michelle is proud of this guy too.

WV
05-10-2011, 05:03 PM
Whether the guy is a rapper or a poet, inviting him to an event at the White House is in poor taste based on some of his viewpoints.

Chocolate Hog
05-10-2011, 05:04 PM
Whether the guy is a rapper or a poet, inviting him to an event at the White House is in poor taste based on some of his viewpoints.

How many poor character guys you think have been to the white house?

WV
05-10-2011, 05:08 PM
How many poor character guys you think have been to the white house?

The better question would be how many people have been invited who have openly suggested off'ing a sitting president.

|Zach|
05-10-2011, 05:09 PM
The same people bitching in this thread are the same people that throw their arms up and whine about how "PC" our country is.

Oh well, no way to win.

LMAO

WV
05-10-2011, 05:10 PM
The same people bitching in this thread are the same people that throw their arms up and whine about how "PC" our country is.

Oh well, no way to win.

LMAO

How is that related to this story?

HonestChieffan
05-10-2011, 05:10 PM
Obama is what Obama is. Why would he change who he hangs with?

Jerm
05-10-2011, 05:13 PM
All I say is, if the races of the parties involved were reversed and everything else kept the same including lyrics about a President, etc. than brother Jesse and Rev. Al and all the other dumbshits would be up in arms.

I happen to like Common though so it's all good.

Chocolate Hog
05-10-2011, 05:18 PM
The better question would be how many people have been invited who have openly suggested off'ing a sitting president.

If he openly suggested killing the president why wasn't he prosecuted?

WV
05-10-2011, 05:45 PM
If he openly suggested killing the president why wasn't he prosecuted?

Good question.

Simplex3
05-10-2011, 06:52 PM
I'm all for people hanging out with anyone they please. It lets me know who they really are.

mlyonsd
05-10-2011, 06:57 PM
Michelle validating this clown and letting her kids listen to him shows just what was really elected into the WH.

Thig Lyfe
05-10-2011, 10:03 PM
lololol

Common is so hard, y'all.

http://i54.tinypic.com/10xc504.jpg

SNR
05-10-2011, 10:07 PM
I hear vailpass has a new single out

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/K0ZRAmz-NWM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

SNR
05-10-2011, 10:10 PM
Only kidding, of course.

But that's a perfect example. If you take a line out of any Boondocks episode out of context you could make a pretty hefty case that Aaron McGruder hates white people.

Then again, if you take a line out of any Boondocks out of context you could also make a pretty hefty case that Aaron McGruder hates black people.

|Zach|
05-10-2011, 10:21 PM
Only kidding, of course.

But that's a perfect example. If you take a line out of any Boondocks episode out of context you could make a pretty hefty case that Aaron McGruder hates white people.

Then again, if you take a line out of any Boondocks out of context you could also make a pretty hefty case that Aaron McGruder hates black people.

Good show. Haven't seen it in a while though.

blaise
05-10-2011, 10:22 PM

Oh well, no way to win.

LMAO

Yeah, and the same people acting like this is no big deal are probably some of the same that interpret any criticism toward Obama as racism, and would be screaming bloody murder if Toby Keith put out a song with a lyric about killing Obama.
No way to win.

Pitt Gorilla
05-10-2011, 10:27 PM
Michelle validating this clown and letting her kids listen to him shows just what was really elected into the WH.LMAO

|Zach|
05-10-2011, 10:44 PM
Yeah, and the same people acting like this is no big deal are probably some of the same that interpret any criticism toward Obama as racism, and would be screaming bloody murder if Toby Keith put out a song with a lyric about killing Obama.
No way to win.

To people yell bloody murder at the Keith stuff? Seems to me it is mocked by crowds against it more than anything.

As far as the racism stuff goes. Well...you picked the wrong thread and the wrong protagonist in the thread to really try and take that stand.

Chocolate Hog
05-10-2011, 10:48 PM
This thread shows the difference between the Republicans over 30+ and the ones in their twenties.

blaise
05-10-2011, 10:48 PM
To people yell bloody murder at the Keith stuff? Seems to me it is mocked by crowds against it more than anything.

As far as the racism stuff goes. Well...you picked the wrong thread and the wrong protagonist in the thread to really try and take that stand.

I'm speaking in general. I don't have a protagonist, and I don't really see why I wouldn't make that comment in his particular thread. I'm not sure where you're going with that.
And I didn't say people yell about Toby Keith. I said if Toby Keith put a lyric about doing harm to Obama in some way, and then were invited to a Republican function, some of the people acting like Common was just expressing himself artistically would be saying, "Look at the racist Republicans."

patteeu
05-11-2011, 05:34 AM
This thread shows the difference between the Republicans over 30+ and the ones in their twenties.

How so?

stevieray
05-11-2011, 07:11 AM
This thread shows the difference between the Republicans over 30+ and the ones in their twenties. This thread also shows there is no difference between Dems over 30+ and the ones in their twenties...one drop still makes you black.

Dick Bull
05-11-2011, 07:15 AM
If Obama couldn't associate with people of questionable character issues then he couldn't talk to any politician.

ROYC75
05-11-2011, 08:28 AM
If Obama couldn't associate with people of questionable character issues then he couldn't talk to any politician.

Valid point!

We are left, hopeless.

ROYC75
05-11-2011, 08:29 AM
This thread shows the difference between the people over 30+ and the ones in their twenties , plus the Liberals.

Fixed it for you.

ROYC75
05-11-2011, 09:17 AM
Is this Common Sense or Uncommon Sense ?

Bowser
05-11-2011, 09:26 AM
I'm going to go out on a limb and say that every POTUS this country has ever had from the beginning has at one point or another hung out with "people of questionable character issues".

ROYC75
05-11-2011, 09:33 AM
I'm going to go out on a limb and say that every POTUS this country has ever had from the beginning has at one point or another hung out with "people of questionable character issues".

True, everyday they go to work!

But come on, when you run, hang out, etc. and continue to do so, how is this teaching our children values? What good comes from this ?

Letting them see what people of character issues are up front and personal before the age of 10 ?

Donger
05-11-2011, 09:41 AM
So, we've basically got a bunch of white, Midwestern boys attempting to feel "hip" by disparaging the rest of us because we don't "get" hip hop? Is that right?

Jaric
05-11-2011, 09:52 AM
Alternatively, can Common's reputation withstand the hit he'll take from hanging out with people of questionable character?

/thread

Jaric
05-11-2011, 09:59 AM
So, we've basically got a bunch of white, Midwestern boys attempting to feel "hip" by disparaging the rest of us because we don't "get" hip hop? Is that right?

Actually, I'd say it's people who've actually listened to Common laughing their asses off at the assertation he's a gangster rapper.

And for the record, I'm about as unhip as is humanly possible.

Donger
05-11-2011, 10:02 AM
Actually, I'd say it's people who've actually listened to Common laughing their asses off at the assertation he's a gangster rapper.

I don't know what qualifies a rapper as "gangster." However, this chap does seem to have a certain dislike for police officers, yes?

Jaric
05-11-2011, 10:11 AM
I don't know what qualifies a rapper as "gangster." However, this chap does seem to have a certain dislike for police officers, yes?

At the risk of generalizing I'm going to go out on a limb and say that a pretty significant portion of Black Americans have negative feelings on some level towards police. Be it fear, anger, or whatever that has nothing to do with being a gangster rapper.

Tell me Donger, have you actually listened to Common? Or did you just pull up the song referenced and read the lyrics? If it's the latter, I'd really recommend withholding judgement until you actually listen to his music rather than just look at the lyrics of one song. It's a far better way to "get" where an artist is coming from to make an informed decision.

Or not. It is afterall a free country.

vailpass
05-11-2011, 10:13 AM
At the risk of generalizing I'm going to go out on a limb and say that a pretty significant portion of Black Americans have negative feelings on some level towards police. Be it fear, anger, or whatever that has nothing to do with being a gangster rapper.

Tell me Donger, have you actually listened to Common? Or did you just pull up the song referenced and read the lyrics? If it's the latter, I'd really recommend withholding judgement until you actually listen to his music rather than just look at the lyrics of one song. It's a far better way to "get" where an artist is coming from to make an informed decision.

The lyrics speak for themselves. I don't need to step in dogshit to know it will make my shoe stink.

Jaric
05-11-2011, 10:23 AM
http://articles.baltimoresun.com/2011-05-10/entertainment/bal-why-republicans-might-actually-like-common-his-prolife-lyrics-20110510_1_common-ground-abortion-conservative-groups

Why Republicans could actually like Common: His pro-life lyrics
May 10, 2011|By Luke Broadwater
Conservative groups are in an uproar over rapper Common's scheduled attendance at the White House's "Night of Poetry" event this week.

Sarah Palin, The Daily Caller and other right-of-center groups are criticizing a 2007 spoken word performance Common gave as allegedly threatening to police and President George W. Bush.

Nevermind that like most rappers, Common assumes a stage persona and is doing a form of acting while rapping (I seriously doubt a millionaire like Common is roaming the streets looking to shoot cops, as has been implied). His performance was about defending oneself against police brutality and the "burn a Bush" comment was both a Biblical allusion and a play on words while opposing the Iraq war -- not a literal threat.

Also nevermind that, as rap goes, Common's lyrics are often among the least offensive and sometimes the most thoughtful. The Obama administration could have invited someone much more profane, such as, say, Grammy-winner Eminem.

But what the conservative groups attacking Common should pay attention to is this: They might have more in common with Common than they know.

Consider his song "Retrospect for Life" with Lauryn Hill. It's a piece about a young pregnant couple, and lines from it could easily be used as promotional material for the pro-life movement.

Though the song is deeply ambivalent about abortion, Common at times passionately represents the view that life in the womb is sacred.

"Knowin' you the best part of life, do I have the right to take yours?" he says to his unborn son in the song, and later says, "let's have this boy."

He also describes abortion as "turning this woman's womb into a tomb."

But the line conservatives can most likely agree with is this: In the piece, Common argues that going through with an abortion would cause him to lose his soul.

"$315 ain't worth your soul," he says of the cost of an abortion, repeating: "$315 ain't worth your soul. $315 ain't worth it."

Now, Common is far from a Republican and "Retrospect for Life" serves as a conflicted, debate piece about abortion -- in which both sides are represented -- but several of its lines should give Sarah Palin and other conservatives some common ground with Common.

Frankie
05-11-2011, 10:26 AM
Should our POTUS still hang out with people of questionable character issues ?

Oh, why the hell not. Bush hung out with Cheney, Rove, Rumsfeld, Libby, Asscroft, Karen Hughes, etc....

vailpass
05-11-2011, 10:27 AM
Oh, why the hell not. Bush hung out with Cheney, Rove, Rumsfeld, Libby, Asscroft, Karen Hughes, etc....

Oh good here comes Frankie's 2 day late serial response chain.

NewChief
05-11-2011, 10:31 AM
So gangster:

"Love Is..."

Yeah, yeah

[Chorus]
How beautiful love can be
On the streets love is hard to see
It's a place I got to be
Loving you is loving me
How beautiful love can be
On the streets love is hard to see
Gotta reach that frequency
Loving you is loving me

[Verse 1]
Yeah, you know what love is
Even found it on the ground where the thugs live
My man had to dig deep to find his
Couldn't sleep 'cause on the real he had five kids
Live nig's, real niggaz express and taste it
At crap games, black dames and big faces
Cases in court, fam' showin' love and support
You and your baby's mom thought that love was a sport
As men we were taught to hold it in
That's why we don't know how 'til we're older men
If love is a place I'ma go again
At least now, now I know to go within
At time it can take ya for a spin
Heartbreak hotel then you're home again
I've seen love make a nigga soul pretend
Like a story that he don't want to end
Yo

[Chorus]

[Verse 2]
It's all love where we come from
In the hood love we was told to run from
That same hood where the guns sung
We holla love, hopin' it would come one
Crack got so many lives undone
From lack of love many hide some run
I knew this girl with a son who dreamt of actin' in plays
Demonstration with her man had her trapped in a maze
Tryin' to find herself again, much of that she'd have gave
Love can free us, to it some of us react as a slave
Funny, we love 'em more when they're relaxed in a grave
Wonder if a thug is raw, is he actin' afraid?
Everybody loves sun, why do I attract shade?
Heard of the love of money, but compassion it pays
Talk about it with my youth so she'd understand
What it is to be loved by a man
Uh

[Chorus]

[Verse 3]
Some say that I'm a dreamer 'cause I talk about it often
Seen the hardest nigga soften wit' his homie in a coffin
We walk and stand in, fall in it
With the right companion we all in it
Mary sang a song about it, having broad limits
In the game of life, it's the scrimage
Reminiscing on letters I wrote in my small days
A letter to the people, love always
Yeah

ROYC75
05-11-2011, 10:33 AM
When Bill Clinton took office, I do not recall who said it at the time, but the comment was, the standards of becoming POTUS have just been lowered. The comment is probably true in many regards with the moral decay in American society.

It didn't take Clinton too long to lower the bar again, now we continue to sink lower Bush II and with the current POTUS.

It's sad really. The younger generation will not agree with this, but in time they will look back and see things with a different light.

Time will only tell cause I spoke basically the same words as this younger generation does, 30 years ago.

SNR
05-11-2011, 10:36 AM
So, we've basically got a bunch of white, Midwestern boys attempting to feel "hip" by disparaging the rest of us because we don't "get" hip hop? Is that right?Do you go to plays and operas and walk away in disgust over the "questionable character" of the work because it obviously promotes murder?

vailpass
05-11-2011, 10:44 AM
Do you go to plays and operas and walk away in disgust over the "questionable character" of the work because it obviously promotes murder?

Does the opera specifcally advocate assasinating a President and identify him by name?

Frankie
05-11-2011, 10:52 AM
When Bill Clinton took office, I do not recall who said it at the time, but the comment was, the standards of becoming POTUS have just been lowered. The comment is probably true in many regards with the moral decay in American society.
Oh, the good old days of Richard Nixon and high standards of presidency!

Bill Clinton is now considered one of the most respected ex-presidents. Imagine that! The comment you refer to was made by the well financed Republican propaganda machine who just could not bear swallowing the fact that someone they kept calling 'Bubba,' 'hillbilly,' etc. Could interrupt their perceived 'Bush Dynasty.' Talk about elitism! :rolleyes:

Jenson71
05-11-2011, 11:00 AM
Honestly, how can you get that word past the filter? I understand you think you are being sarcastic but how can that word be allowed?

African black magic.

blaise
05-11-2011, 11:01 AM
Jensen, if you set some of those lines to music you could maybe get Michelle to invite you to a White House poetry jam.

ROYC75
05-11-2011, 11:01 AM
Oh, the good old days of Richard Nixon and high standards of presidency!

Bill Clinton is now considered one of the most respected ex-presidents. Imagine that! The comment you refer to was made by the well financed Republican propaganda machine who just could not bear swallowing the fact that someone they kept calling 'Bubba,' 'hillbilly,' etc. Could interrupt their perceived 'Bush Dynasty.' Talk about elitism! :rolleyes:

Call it anyway you wish to suit your needs, it doesn't matter, the standard we pick presidents are getting lower each 4 to 8 years. You can clearly paint Nixon into this equation, but it was hard to use it when the comment was made, except for argumentative as you are doing now. Why not go back to Washington when cut down the tree, standards have slipped since.

It doesn't matter where you want to draw the line, it was a comment and each 4 to 8 years, it continues to drop lower due to the moral decay of the American people, or at least what is and isn't acceptable to them.

patteeu
05-11-2011, 11:02 AM
Honestly, how can you get that word past the filter? I understand you think you are being sarcastic but how can that word be allowed?

You should be able to see how he does it when you quote him. He uses tags within the filtered word.

I don't know if he's aware of the big brouhaha that took place here a month or two ago when the mods made it clear that they were going to take filter evasion more seriously.

vailpass
05-11-2011, 11:03 AM
African black magic.

You better hope your black magic doesn't get you a magic ban hammer. Regardless of the point you think you are making that crosses the line.

vailpass
05-11-2011, 11:05 AM
You should be able to see how he does it when you quote him. He uses tags within the filtered word.

I don't know if he's aware of the big brouhaha that took place here a month or two ago when the mods made it clear that they were going to take filter evasion more seriously.

OIC. Jenson's a good kid and I know he thinks he is being clever in his in-your-face social statement. If it were someone else here doing that there would be some banning going on and rightly so.

patteeu
05-11-2011, 11:07 AM
You better hope your black magic doesn't get you a magic ban hammer. Regardless of the point you think you are making that crosses the line.

Those are probably Common lyrics or something, but I agree with you. If Mad Crapper made that post, he'd have already been banned.

ROYC75
05-11-2011, 11:07 AM
Jenson, are you African America?

No, he is an American African.;) :D

j/k Jenson.:thumb:

Frankie
05-11-2011, 11:12 AM
No, he is an American African.;) :D

JERL!!! ;)

Typos-r-us.

Jenson71
05-11-2011, 11:13 AM
I'm walking the line to get my point across. I don't know if Washington DC is still considered loosely moderated, but I don't care. There's some bullshit in this thread that's veiled racism, and a lot of ignorance, so I'm opening it up. Question the wisdom of the move, the maturity of the author, but leave the racist overtones out of it.

This past weekend, I was helping a friend move, and the comment came up that UNI (where Michelle Obama was speaking) had set up 6000 chairs and a porch swing. I didn't say anything, but I wish I had. Bothered me all night. I don't like racists and they should be put down.

And no, I'm not black, I'm very white.

vailpass
05-11-2011, 11:14 AM
I'm walking the line to get my point across. I don't know if Washington DC is still considered loosely moderated, but I don't care. There's some bullshit in this thread that's veiled racism, and a lot of ignorance, so I'm opening it up.

This past weekend, I was helping a friend move, and the comment came up that UNI (where Michelle Obama was speaking) had set up 6000 chairs and a porch swing. I didn't say anything, but I wish I had. Bothered me all night. I don't like racists and they should be put down.

They're so cute when they're young.

How was Cedar Falls? Do they still have the Hill?

Donger
05-11-2011, 11:33 AM

No, I haven't listened to him. I take it that I would hear those words if I did.

Donger
05-11-2011, 11:35 AM
Do you go to plays and operas and walk away in disgust over the "questionable character" of the work because it obviously promotes murder?

No.

Donger
05-11-2011, 11:37 AM
I'm walking the line to get my point across. I don't know if Washington DC is still considered loosely moderated, but I don't care. There's some bullshit in this thread that's veiled racism, and a lot of ignorance, so I'm opening it up. Question the wisdom of the move, the maturity of the author, but leave the racist overtones out of it.

A porch swing bothered you?

Jenson71
05-11-2011, 11:40 AM
A porch swing bothered you?

What do you think bothered me?

Donger
What do you think bothered me?

A porch swing, apparently.

Direckshun
I'm going to care more about him hobknobbing with special interests than I am him making small talk with a rapper.

Keep your eyes on the ball, dumbass.

vailpass
05-11-2011, 11:42 AM
I'm going to care more about him hobknobbing with special interests than I am him making small talk with a rapper.

Keep your eyes on the ball, dumbass.

Thanks Confucius.

Jenson71
05-11-2011, 11:43 AM
A porch swing, apparently.

Are you under the impression that UNI actually did set up a porch swing for Michelle Obama?

vailpass
05-11-2011, 11:44 AM
Are you under the impression that UNI actually did set up a porch swing for Michelle Obama?

Why would that be wrong?

Jenson71
05-11-2011, 11:50 AM
Why would that be wrong?

You can't think of why it would be wrong for UNI to set up a porch swing for Michelle Obama to sway in during her graduation speech?

vailpass
05-11-2011, 11:51 AM
You can't think of why it would be wrong for UNI to set up a porch swing for Michelle Obama to sway in during her graduation speech?

Splinters?
Her huge ass might break the swing?

Direckshun
05-11-2011, 11:53 AM
Coy, thy name is race baiting.

Jenson71
05-11-2011, 11:54 AM
I was pretty sure that 'black people are lazy and sit on porch swings all day' and 'porch monkeys' was a commonly known racist stereotype.

Jenson71
05-11-2011, 11:55 AM
Splinters?
Her huge ass might break the swing?

You send your kids to a Catholic school, right?

vailpass
05-11-2011, 11:55 AM
You send your kids to a Catholic school, right?

Absolutely. Where we all share the same opinion of the current president and his wife.
Why do you ask?

Jaric
05-11-2011, 11:58 AM
No, I haven't listened to him.

Perhaps you should before passing judgement on the overall lyrical content.

Just a thought. He's not your typical hip hop artist.

Jaric
05-11-2011, 12:02 PM
Also, in case any republicans out there were curious as to why by and large black people don't vote republican...

This sort of shit.

To hear some of the responses you'd think the Obamas rounded up a bunch of gangbangers from Compton to drive their lowriders around the whitehouse lawn.

Jenson71
05-11-2011, 12:04 PM
Absolutely. Where we all share the same opinion of the current president and his wife.
Why do you ask?

Because I care about them, and I think that if their moral education came predominantly from you, this world would not be a better place when their time on earth were through.

vailpass
05-11-2011, 12:05 PM
Because I care about them, and I think that if their moral education came predominantly from you, this world would not be a better place when their time on earth were through.

LMAO God I wish I was 21 again. You are a good kid Jenson from all I can tell here. Take it from me, you needn't worry for my children.

ROYC75
05-11-2011, 12:06 PM
Also, in case any republicans out there were curious as to why by and large black people don't vote republican...

This sort of shit.

To hear some of the responses you think the Obama's rounded up a bunch of gangbangers from Compton to drive their lowriders around the whitehouse lawn.

Are they the.... Kool Kolor Kids ? PBJ

( yes, it's a joke, simmer down)

ROYC75
05-11-2011, 12:07 PM

:eek:

My grandkids be dammed ?

Jenson71
05-11-2011, 12:11 PM
LMAO God I wish I was 21 again. You are a good kid Jenson from all I can tell here. Take it from me, you needn't worry for my children.

I'm not going to take much from you. Most of what you post on here is instantly rejected as morally misguided.

Jenson71
05-11-2011, 12:12 PM
:eek:

My grandkids be dammed ?

Are you referring to my sarcastic remark about interracial marriage from a while back, Roy?

Jaric
05-11-2011, 12:17 PM
Are they the.... Kool Kolor Kids ? PBJ

( yes, it's a joke, simmer down)

http://www.thehomeplanet.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/Shaking_head.gif

:D

Jenson71
05-11-2011, 12:22 PM
This thread also shows there is no difference between Dems over 30+ and the ones in their twenties...one drop still makes you black.

What's this mean?

blaise
05-11-2011, 12:23 PM
jensen, some of the posts you responded to didn't seem to be veiled racism at all. I'm not sure why you thought it was ok to start doing the n-word thing on some of those. Unless you're using their past posting history or something. I really think if you wanted to expose some racist language in posts maybe you should have said something directly. Otherwise, it seems to me you chose the posts you did to say the posters were racist, and I really don't see that in all the ones you quoted.

Jaric
05-11-2011, 12:30 PM
If you want to start calling people racist, why don't you do that so they can respond? Because it seems to me that's what you're doing.

I'm not going to get into that, but I do think that to a lot of black people, the ruckus being raised by some republicans is going to be percieved as being racist.

All morons like Sarah Palin are doing is reinforcing the stereotype that the republican party hates black people.

Jenson71
05-11-2011, 12:35 PM
What the hell is wrong with you?

The Obama family is black, there's no denying it. Common is a black rapper, there's no denying it. Those are facts. When you say "shows just what was really elected into the WH" [my emphasis added] we have no idea what you're talking about, because it doesn't tell us anything.

Just what was really elected into the WH, mlyonsd? Was it something you disagree with politically? Was it something you disagree with morally? Was it something you think America should be embarrassed by?

Tighten up your thoughts for us, because they're loose and vague now and are easily construed as having racist undertones.

Chocolate Hog
05-11-2011, 12:37 PM
Fixed it for you.

Far from a liberal. I bet i've worked with more conservative groups than most on this board.

blaise
05-11-2011, 12:39 PM
Exactly. Using euphemisms for the n-word doesn't make you look any less racist.

Some of the posts he quoted didn't use any euphemisms for the n-word.

Chocolate Hog
05-11-2011, 12:41 PM
How so?

Nobody thats a Republican under the age of 30 really gives a fuck and most likely thinks it's cool Common is going to the white house. Our generation has embraced the hip hop culture while the older ones are still up in arms about it.

Cave Johnson
05-11-2011, 12:42 PM

He's a criminal that shoots cops. I saw it on the teevee.

<iframe width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/G4pcj7bvkAc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Jenson71
05-11-2011, 12:42 PM
Ok, but your marrying posts with the n-word in them to other people's posts that have no suggestion that the White House is run by pimps and hoodlums. WVChiefsfan or someone asked when the last time someone was invited to the White House after making threats against the President and you tie his post to some garbage about the n-word?
Seems to me you're making your point while implying that he people you're quoting are racist. I think that's shabby. Unless you can show me how saying "When was the last time someone who made threats against the President was invited to the White House" is couched racism.

WVChiefsfan's post was collateral damage. I'm making my argument, not calling his post racist. I'm not going to deny that following one's conscience can sometimes be a metaphorically bloody road, with people's feelings getting hurt, but my post in no way indicated he was being racist, so I don't have a problem with what I did there. Simply quoting someone does not necessarily mean that they are the exclusive (or even primary) target of your response.

Chocolate Hog
05-11-2011, 12:43 PM
Gangstas film commercials at the GAP

http://youtu.be/Rf6rnycmbxE

Jenson71
05-11-2011, 12:44 PM
Nobody thats a Republican under the age of 30 really gives a **** and most likely thinks it's cool Common is going to the white house. Our generation has embraced the hip hop culture while the older ones are still up in arms about it.

Speaking for myself only, I've never heard of Common until this thread.

blaise
05-11-2011, 12:45 PM
WVChiefsfan's post was collateral damage. I'm making my argument, not calling his post racist. I'm not going to deny that following one's conscience can sometimes be a metaphorically bloody road, with people's feelings getting hurt, but my post in no way indicated he was being racist, so I don't have a problem with what I did there.

Well, that was the implication I got, so I disagree with you. Hopefully no one in the future will start implying you're racist to make a metaphorical point.
Quite frankly, I think your answer is a bit classless.

mnchiefsguy
05-11-2011, 12:45 PM
WVChiefsfan's post was collateral damage. I'm making my argument, not calling his post racist. I'm not going to deny that following one's conscience can sometimes be a metaphorically bloody road, with people's feelings getting hurt, but my post in no way indicated he was being racist, so I don't have a problem with what I did there. Simply quoting someone does not necessarily mean that they are the exclusive (or even primary) target of your response.

The only point you seem to be making is that you can avoid the word filter and can use the n-word a lot. If you are going to accuse folks of racism, point them out and make your case, and provide evidence for your argument.

Thig Lyfe
05-11-2011, 12:46 PM
PALIN uses RACE-BAIT

It's super effective!!!

Jenson71
05-11-2011, 12:46 PM
Well, that was the implication I got, so I disagree with you. Hopefully no one in the future will start implying you're racist to make a metaphorical point.
Quite frankly, I think your answer is a bit classless.

Simply quoting someone does not necessarily mean that they are the exclusive (or even primary) target of your response. You have to take it into context of the entire thread.

Sorry you feel that way.

Cave Johnson
05-11-2011, 12:47 PM

Veritable Black Panther, that Common.

<iframe width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/HNw4amjdV0c" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Jenson71
05-11-2011, 12:47 PM

He's got the black tongue. Never letting my daughters shop at GAP again.

blaise
05-11-2011, 12:49 PM
Simply quoting someone does not necessarily mean that they are the exclusive (or even primary) target of your response. You have to take it into context of the entire thread.

Sorry you feel that way.

Well, I think I did take the thread into context, and I do think quoting someone does at least make them the primary target of the response.
I don't believe you're effectively making your point, because the impression I got was that you were lampooning what you believed to be other poster's thinly veiled racism.
Maybe someone else can tell me how they perceived it.

Jaric
He played a criminal that shot cops. I saw it on the teevee.
The really hilarious part, is that very early in his career Westside Connection (an actual "gangsta rap" group) got upset with Common for some lyrics he had about questioning the direction hip hop was taking (IE gangsta rap)

mlyonsd
The Obama family is black, there's no denying it. Common is a black rapper, there's no denying it. Those are facts. When you say "shows just what was really elected into the WH" [my emphasis added] we have no idea what you're talking about, because it doesn't tell us anything.

Just what was really elected into the WH, mlyonsd? Was it something you disagree with politically? Was it something you disagree with morally? Was it something you think America should be embarrassed by?

Tighten up your thoughts for us, because they're loose and vague now and are easily construed as having racist undertones.

I made my point in post 50.

mnchiefsguy
05-11-2011, 12:50 PM

Sorry you feel that way.

It is generally accepted that when you quote someone you are responding to the point they made, which would by default make them the primary target of your response.

Jaric
05-11-2011, 12:51 PM
Speaking for myself only, I've never heard of Common until this thread.

If you like hip hop at all, I really couldn't recommend him enough. Although, the music is (at least IMO) closer to something Marvin Gaye would have put out than what most people think of when they think of hip-hop.

Chocolate Hog
05-11-2011, 12:53 PM
Eazy-E performed on seven of the eighteen songs on ****az4Life.[21] In March 1991 Eazy-E accepted an invitation to a lunch benefiting the Republican Senatorial Inner Circle, hosted by then-President George H. W. Bush.[22] A spokesman for the rapper said that Eazy-E supported Bush because of his performance in the Gulf War.[23]

Was there outrage over this?

Jenson71
05-11-2011, 12:53 PM
I made my point in post 50.

The post I quoted was a subsequent reply of yours. It seems you had another point you wanted to get across, and one that is terribly incomplete. So here's your chance to flesh it out or leave it in obscurity.

Jenson71
05-11-2011, 12:54 PM
It is generally accepted that when you quote someone you are responding to the point they made, which would by default make them the primary target of your response.

Sure, but there are exceptions to the rule.

Jaric
05-11-2011, 12:54 PM
Eazy-E performed on seven of the eighteen songs on ****az4Life.[21] In March 1991 Eazy-E accepted an invitation to a lunch benefiting the Republican Senatorial Inner Circle, hosted by then-President George H. W. Bush.[22] A spokesman for the rapper said that Eazy-E supported Bush because of his performance in the Gulf War.[23]

Like Eazy-E is a gangsta rapper...

blaise
05-11-2011, 12:57 PM

I guess that's easy to say when you weren't the one that was being implicitly labelled racist.

mnchiefsguy

If one wants to make an exception, one should note it in their reply. Common sense dictates that you are replying to the person you quoted...the quote itself is the link to show who you are replying too, as often other people have posted in between your reply and the original post. I thought the same as mlyonsd, that you were replying to the person you quoted.

Cave Johnson

It's not like he died of the bug, or anything.

vailpass
05-11-2011, 12:58 PM
I'm not going to take much from you. Most of what you post on here is instantly rejected as morally misguided.

By whose barometer? Yours?

Chocolate Hog
05-11-2011, 01:01 PM

His lyrics make Obamas peace medal look justifiable :)

Pitt Gorilla
05-11-2011, 01:01 PM

Was there outrage over this?LMAO

Yeah , Eazy-E Eazy-E Eazy-E can eat a big fat ****.

ROYC75
05-11-2011, 01:04 PM
Are you referring to my sarcastic remark about interracial marriage from a while back, Roy?

No. Just the influence a parent or a grand parent may have on a child.

DaFace
05-11-2011, 01:04 PM
For the record, the rules are the rules - even in DC. Jensen's lucky I don't make the ban permanent for doing it so much that it took me 10 minutes just to clean up the damn mess.

mlyonsd
05-11-2011, 01:05 PM
The post I quoted was a subsequent reply of yours. It seems you had another point you wanted to get across, and one that is terribly incomplete. So here's your chance to flesh it out or leave it in obscurity.
No, I think it's clear.

You reading the word 'what' and jumping to the conclusion I'm racist makes you look little IMO.

And using the word you did when quoting me is insulting and makes you look like an idiot.

blaise
05-11-2011, 01:05 PM
Maybe some other martyr will take his place to imply posters who didn't say anything racist are racists.

Cave Johnson
05-11-2011, 01:14 PM
For the record, the rules are the rules - even in DC. Jensen's lucky I don't make the ban permanent for doing it so much that it took me 10 minutes just to clean up the damn mess.

So which sandy vag PM'd you?

blaise
05-11-2011, 01:16 PM

Why, are you going to get a sandy vag about it?

DaFace
05-11-2011, 01:20 PM

Multiple, though some only asked that it be fixed rather than a ban.

vailpass
05-11-2011, 01:26 PM

I reported the post after asking Jenson to stop. I asked that the word be removed but Jenson not be penalized. I like Jenson and get what he was trying to do but if someone from the outside read this thread the Planet would be unfairly labeled. Too, plenty that aren't as smart as Jenson would think this was their license to do the same thing.

Judge me how you will, I thought it the right thing to do. FWIW I am not in the habit of ever reporting anyone for anything and I'm sorry to see jenson get banned.

Cave Johnson
05-11-2011, 01:26 PM
Why, are you going to get a sandy vag about it?

Maybe. ;)

blaise
05-11-2011, 01:29 PM
I didn't report him, by the way.

DaFace
05-11-2011, 01:57 PM
I reported the post after asking Jenson to stop. I asked that the word be removed but Jenson not be penalized. I like Jenson and get what he was trying to do but if someone from the outside read this thread the Planet would be unfairly labeled. Too, plenty that aren't as smart as Jenson would think this was their license to do the same thing.

Judge me how you will, I thought it the right thing to do. FWIW I am not in the habit of ever reporting anyone for anything and I'm sorry to see jenson get banned.

For the record, I was already in the process of banning him and removing posts when you reported it.

vailpass
05-11-2011, 02:02 PM
For the record, I was already in the process of banning him and removing posts when you reported it.

Thanks Face.

I bet you have sentenced a lot of young men to die in the gas chamber.
You didn't want to do it, you felt I owed it to them.

Dave Lane
05-11-2011, 02:07 PM
Has any rapper talked about "taking out" Palin?

If so, I wish they'd stop talking...

Pitt Gorilla
05-11-2011, 02:19 PM
For the record, I was already in the process of banning him and removing posts when you reported it.Seriously, a ban? Good God.

Chocolate Hog
05-11-2011, 02:20 PM
Howcome Vali hasn't been banned for his racist remarks?

Cave Johnson
05-11-2011, 02:24 PM

Black magic. ;)

vailpass
05-11-2011, 02:26 PM

The dumb oozes out of you like twice-gargled semen oozes out of your sister/mom's mouth.

NewChief
05-11-2011, 02:30 PM
Jenson's ban is fair. I'm sure he'll take his "punishment" like a big boy, with grace.

I imagine he knew what he was getting into when he started making his point.

DaFace
05-11-2011, 02:37 PM
Jenson's ban is fair. I'm sure he'll take his "punishment" like a big boy, with grace.

Yeah, that's my guess. I generally like him just fine, but you can't go blatantly breaking the rules like that without expecting to be reprimanded for it.

patteeu
05-11-2011, 02:38 PM

I think it's just as likely that the people leveling accusations of racism are racists as it is that they are right.

vailpass
05-11-2011, 02:39 PM
I think it's just as likely that the people leveling accusations of racism are racists as it is that they are right.

- Alfredo Gutierrez

Chocolate Hog
05-11-2011, 02:40 PM

- Alfredo Gutierrez

You keep repeating this quote which makes me think it's the only book you've ever read. You compared a black man to a monkey. I'm sure you wouldn't do that offline.

vailpass
05-11-2011, 02:41 PM
You keep repeating this quote which makes me think it's the only book you've ever read. You compared a black man to a monkey. I'm sure you wouldn't do that offline.

Is that picture of billay still around here, does anyone have it? It pretty much explains the stupid that falls out of his mouth.

NewChief
05-11-2011, 02:42 PM

I was thinking about this a few minutes ago. One thing about the R-word is that I throw it around pretty casually. The fact is that I think we're all pretty much racist. I think it's part of the human condition and pretty hard to avoid. I acknowledge that I have racist tendencies, some conscious and some not.

Anyway, when I say something is racist , I'm not saying it in the way that people say it nowadays (You're a RACIST! which could just as easily be You're a FASCIST, SOCIALIST, SATANIST, REALLY BAD PERSON!). I'm usually trying to point out the racial undertones to certain assumptions or statements that are being made. I'm not necessarily casting stones, because I know that I'm as guilty of racism as the next guy.

Chocolate Hog
05-11-2011, 02:43 PM
Right calling a black man curious george is educated.

NewChief
05-11-2011, 02:46 PM
Did you say Das Racist?? Okay!

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/1lLm0HYVrlg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

patteeu
05-11-2011, 02:53 PM

FTR, I didn't turn Jenson in, but I do think he deserved the ban if this kind of thing is going to be dealt with fairly. I thought after mentioning that it had been the subject of a big controversy recently he might have gone back and cleaned things up himself, which would have also been fine with me.

ROYC75
05-11-2011, 02:54 PM
Not meaning anything racist but does anybody think all the rhetoric of racism is used more now since Obama is POTUS? It appeared to be calm down and all of a sudden, BOOM, a black man, half black, however you wish to call him gets elected and the whole country goes nuts again.

IMHO, I just thought we had finally moved pass all of that crap until this past presidential election. It's sad that it has all came down to this stupid crap all over again.

patteeu
05-11-2011, 02:56 PM

What racist remarks? Do his remarks bypass a filter?

Chocolate Hog
05-11-2011, 02:57 PM
Roy how else would they combat the Tea Party?

patteeu
05-11-2011, 02:57 PM

I agree. He pretty much said that he knew it might happen.

ROYC75
05-11-2011, 03:03 PM
Roy how else would they combat the Tea Party?

A blanket question gets no answer,They ? ( Dems, Libs ) Be more specific.

dirk digler
05-11-2011, 03:04 PM

Jenson getting banned is very fair but for you to report people for what they post is what you would call ironic considering your history and your questionable posts.

RNR
05-11-2011, 03:09 PM
The dumb oozes out of you like twice-gargled semen oozes out of your sister/mom's mouth.

If you stay under the iron you will end up using roids and get all badass and we will have to stop hanging out...just sayin~

vailpass
05-11-2011, 03:13 PM
If you stay under the iron you will end up using roids and get all badass and we will have to stop hanging out...just sayin~

LMAO brah stop scaring me like that.

vailpass
05-11-2011, 03:15 PM
Jenson getting banned is very fair but for you to report people for what they post is what you would call ironic considering your history and your questionable posts.

I asked that Jenson not be banned. I understood I was opening myself up to criticism.

RNR
05-11-2011, 03:20 PM
LMAO brah stop scaring me like that.

Chill brah or no more contact highs for you~

Pitt Gorilla
05-11-2011, 04:03 PM
You keep repeating this quote which makes me think it's the only book you've ever read. You compared a black man to a monkey. I'm sure you wouldn't do that offline.LMAO at vailpass reading.

vailpass
05-11-2011, 04:11 PM
LMAO at vailpass reading.

WTF?

Donger
05-11-2011, 05:58 PM
I was pretty sure that 'black people are lazy and sit on porch swings all day' and 'porch monkeys' was a commonly known racist stereotype.

That's news to me. I had no idea that was a Black stereotype.

Donger
05-11-2011, 06:00 PM
Perhaps you should before passing judgement on the overall lyrical content.

Just a thought. He's not your typical hip hop artist.

I don't see what difference that would make, honestly. If his lyrics contain such things, I don't want to listen to it.

Donger
05-11-2011, 06:01 PM

This sort of shit.

To hear some of the responses you'd think the Obamas rounded up a bunch of gangbangers from Compton to drive their lowriders around the whitehouse lawn.

Black people vote overwhelmingly Democrat because Republicans don't like lyrics which seem to encourage violence against the police?

Okay, so I'm on the right side.

Jaric
05-11-2011, 06:05 PM
Black people vote overwhelmingly Democrat because Republicans don't like lyrics which seem to encourage violence against the police?

Okay, so I'm on the right side.

Precisely.

:rolleyes:

Donger
05-11-2011, 06:06 PM
Precisely.

:rolleyes:

Okay, then what point were you trying to make? Why do Blacks vote overwhelmingly for Democrats?

WV
05-11-2011, 09:08 PM

Do you think he had a point? I didn't see one except some ahole trying to be the moral police where one wasn't necessary.

Jaric
05-12-2011, 08:12 AM

So this post kinda got glossed over, but I'm curious as to why none of you are freaking out over this?

I mean, Eazy-E is actually a real gangster rapper (or I suppose I should say was) attending white house functions. His lyrical content is FAR more offensive than Common.

Where is the outrage Republicans?

Oh, it's entirely likely that money he gave to Bush came from crack sales.

Eric Wright was born to Richard and Kathie Wright on September 7, 1963, in Compton, California, a Los Angeles suburb notorious for gang activity and crime.[5][6] His father was a postal worker and his mother was a grade school administrator.[7] Wright dropped out of high school in the tenth grade and supported himself by selling drugs.[8] He invested the profits in Ruthless Records.[9] He later received a high-school general equivalency diploma (GED).[10] In 1986, at the age of 23, Wright had allegedly earned as much as USD $250,000 from dealing drugs. However, he decided that he could make a better living in the Los Angeles hip-hop scene, which was growing rapidly in popularity.[11] He began recording songs during the mid-1980s in the garage of his parents' home.[10]Link (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eazy-E)

blaise
05-12-2011, 08:28 AM
So this post kinda got glossed over, but I'm curious as to why none of you are freaking out over this?

I mean, Eazy-E is actually a real gangster rapper (or I suppose I should say was) attending white house functions. His lyrical content is FAR more offensive than Common.

Link (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eazy-E)

For one, it might have something to do with it occurring like a decade ago. I don't know why anyone would freak out about it now. Are Republicans supposed to be outraged now about a now dead rapper visiting a past President?

Also, I'm not freaked out that Obama invited Common, I really don't care. I doubt he or Michelle ever even heard the Bush lyric before inviting him, which seems to really be the line in question.
To me, the issue wouldn't even really be offensive lyrics in general, but rather that line about Bush. I don't think that line about burning a Bush is even written well enough to have much specific meaning, though. If someone really feels that line was meant as a threat of some kind toward Bush, then I think a criticism over the invite is justifiable. A current President shouldn't be inviting people over who were suggesting harm should come to another President. If some singer now said we should "obomb barack" or something, I don't think it would be appropriate for the next Republican President to invite him to the White House (and I bet some people here acting like this Common invite was no big deal would be suddenly outraged)

Jaric
05-12-2011, 08:53 AM
For one, it might have something to do with it occurring like a decade ago. I don't know why anyone would freak out about it now. Are Republicans supposed to be outraged now about a now dead rapper visiting a past President? Actually, it probably happened more than a decade ago since it's Herbert Walker Bush, not dubya who took the money and invited him to the White House

However, if Republicans are going to freak out over Common (who is nowhere even close to the level of lyrical offensiveness that Eazy-E was) showing up to meet the Obama, then they should be just as pissed that Bush the first was taking campaign donations from Crack Dealer, gang member, and gangster rapper Eazy-E and inviting him to white house functions.

Unless of course this is little more than partisan hackery (which it is)

patteeu
05-12-2011, 08:56 AM

Where is the outrage? Maybe it's back in 1991. :shrug:

blaise
05-12-2011, 08:58 AM
Actually, it probably happened more than a decade ago since it's Herbert Walker Bush, not dubya who took the money and invited him to the White House

However, if Republicans are going to freak out over Common (who is nowhere even close to the level of lyrical offensiveness that Eazy-E was) showing up to meet the Obama, then they should be just as pissed that Bush the first was taking campaign donations from Crack Dealer, gang member, and gangster rapper Eazy-E.

Unless of course this is little more than partisan hackery (which it is)

Well, no doubt there's partisan hackery on both sides, but I still can't see why anyone would have an emotional reaction to something that happened more than 10 years ago. It's not like if I suddenly found out Clinton had invited Eazy E over I would suddenly be outraged either.

Jaric
05-12-2011, 09:03 AM
Where is the outrage? Maybe it's back in 1991. :shrug:
So you don't see this as hypocritical for Republicans to get butt hurt over this?

blaise
05-12-2011, 09:08 AM
So you don't see this as hypocritical for Republicans to get butt hurt over this?

90% of the posts in DC are hypocritical.

Jaric
05-12-2011, 09:08 AM
Well, no doubt there's partisan hackery on both sides, but I still can't see why anyone would have an emotional reaction to something that happened more than 10 years ago. It's not like if I suddenly found out Clinton had invited Eazy E over I would suddenly be outraged either.

For the record, I don't give a shit about either. I'm certain even if Bush took all of Eazy-E's crack money, it would be far from the dirtiest money he took during a campaign (and I could say that for probably every president during my lifetime)

However, if you are (well, not you personally, the royal you) going to get pissed off over Common, it's pretty hypocritical if you don't get pissed off over Eazy-E (who again, is FAR worse both in and out of the studio that Common ever was)

Jaric
05-12-2011, 09:09 AM
90% of the what goes on in DC is hypocritical.Fixed your post (cause it applies to actual DC too)

ClevelandBronco
05-12-2011, 09:11 AM

I'm hearing that someone found tape on a door jam at a Washington D.C. hotel. When I learn more I'm planning to absolutely freak the fuck out.

NewChief
05-12-2011, 09:14 AM

The truth is that no one (including Sarah Palin) is truly outraged over this any further than it allows them to make political hay from it.

Jaric
05-12-2011, 09:15 AM
I'm hearing that someone found tape on a door jam at a Washington D.C. hotel. When I learn more I'm planning to absolutely freak the **** out.

I'd wait until Sarah Palin tweets about it first though.

You know, to be sure.

FD
05-12-2011, 09:16 AM
By the way, last night Jon Stewart absolutely destroyed the talking heads trying to turn this thing into a fake controversy. Its worth a watch.

Part 1
<div style="background-color:#000000;width:520px;"><div style="padding:4px;"><embed src="http://media.mtvnservices.com/mgid:cms:video:thedailyshow.com:386067" width="512" height="288" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" base="." flashVars=""></embed></div></div>

Part 2
<div style="background-color:#000000;width:520px;"><div style="padding:4px;"><embed src="http://media.mtvnservices.com/mgid:cms:video:thedailyshow.com:386068" width="512" height="288" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" base="." flashVars=""></embed></div></div>

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/wed-may-11-2011/tone-def-poetry-jam?xrs=share_copy

patteeu
05-12-2011, 09:27 AM

No, I don't. I do think it's possibly a misunderstanding of what this Common guy is about though based on what you and others have said about him. I don't know anything about him myself, but if he's got a paper trail comparable to Rev. Jeremiah Wright's sermon history, I think criticism of the invite is appropriate. If his paper trail is more benign then it's just a misunderstanding.

patteeu
05-12-2011, 09:32 AM
For the record, I don't give a shit about either. I'm certain even if Bush took all of Eazy-E's crack money, it would be far from the dirtiest money he took during a campaign (and I could say that for probably every president during my lifetime)

However, if you are (well, not you personally, the royal you) going to get pissed off over Common, it's pretty hypocritical if you don't get pissed off over Eazy-E (who again, is FAR worse both in and out of the studio that Common ever was)

It's possible to be offended by lyrics about killing a specific president without being offended by generally violent lyrics. It's also possible to distinguish between a guy who has changed his spots and a guy who continues to cling to his offensive beliefs. I'm not saying that either of these is the case here because I don't know the specifics of either White House visitor, but I'm certain that there are distinctions between the two (probably some that cut one way and others that cut the other way).

blaise
05-12-2011, 09:38 AM
I don't really need to hear Jon Stewart anymore to pretty much know what he's going to say.

Jaric
05-12-2011, 09:47 AM
No, I don't. I do think it's possibly a misunderstanding of what this Common guy is about though based on what you and others have said about him. I don't know anything about him myself, but if he's got a paper trail comparable to Rev. Jeremiah Wright's sermon history, I think criticism of the invite is appropriate. If his paper trail is more benign then it's just a misunderstanding.

I'll be blunt here. If you were to tell someone who pays attention to hip hop music that Common was a gangster rapper, you'd probably get laughed at. He's pretty much the antithisis of a gangster rapper. Not to mention considering this all comes from Sarah Palin, who is borderline retarded anyway makes the whole thing even more absurd.

The "burn a bush" lyric is getting seriously overblown. Anyone with an level of basic common sense who is familiar with the artist in question would understand he's not advocating that you set fire to the president. It is as has been stated several times (and ignored) a biblical reference that more than anything expresses his displeasure with Bush. But he's not telling people to go out and set him on fire.

patteeu
05-12-2011, 10:08 AM
I'll be blunt here. If you were to tell someone who pays attention to hip hop music that Common was a gangster rapper, you'd probably get laughed at. He's pretty much the antithisis of a gangster rapper. Not to mention considering this all comes from Sarah Palin, who is borderline retarded anyway makes the whole thing even more absurd.

The "burn a bush" lyric is getting seriously overblown. Anyone with an level of basic common sense who is familiar with the artist in question would understand he's not advocating that you set fire to the president. It is as has been stated several times (and ignored) a biblical reference that more than anything expresses his displeasure with Bush. But he's not telling people to go out and set him on fire.

Yeah, I understood all of that from previous comments. That's why I called it a misunderstanding. I think that if people had a full understanding of both situations there's a chance of hypocrisy, but I doubt that that understanding exists in most cases.

RNR
05-12-2011, 11:30 AM
By the way, last night Jon Stewart absolutely destroyed the talking heads trying to turn this thing into a fake controversy. Its worth a watch.

Part 1
<div style="background-color:#000000;width:520px;"><div style="padding:4px;"><embed src="http://media.mtvnservices.com/mgid:cms:video:thedailyshow.com:386067" width="512" height="288" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" base="." flashVars=""></embed></div></div>

Part 2
<div style="background-color:#000000;width:520px;"><div style="padding:4px;"><embed src="http://media.mtvnservices.com/mgid:cms:video:thedailyshow.com:386068" width="512" height="288" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" base="." flashVars=""></embed></div></div>

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/wed-may-11-2011/tone-def-poetry-jam?xrs=share_copy

1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10 the ref is waving his arms it is over~

Jaric
05-12-2011, 11:39 AM
1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10 the ref is waving his arms it is over~

Pretty much. Regardless of what you think of Jon Stewert, I don't know how anyone could argue with that.

vailpass
05-12-2011, 12:02 PM
Pretty much. Regardless of what you think of Jon Stewert, I don't know how anyone could argue with that.

Havent seen John Stewart in years, wow he's looking older these days. He's a pretty good comedian but his schtick is exactly the same as it has been for years.

Jaric
05-12-2011, 12:03 PM
Havent seen John Stewart in years, wow he's looking older these days. He's a pretty good comedian.

By random chance I found myself watchng a very old interview he did with Dave Chappelle last night and it was amazing how young he looked.

So I'm curious Vail, did watching that clip explaining why this is silly make you at least rethink your position on the matter?

vailpass
05-12-2011, 12:05 PM
By random chance I found myself watchng a very old interview he did with Dave Chappelle last night and it was amazing how young he looked.

So I'm curious Vail, did watching that clip explaining why this is silly make you at least rethink your position on the matter?

Dave Chapelle was so damned funny.
I didn't watch the whole thing. My opinion on michelle obama and her performance/presence as First Lady has not changed nor will it.

Jaric
05-12-2011, 12:09 PM
Dave chapelle was so damned funny.
I didn't watch the whole thing. My opinion on michelle obama and her performance/presence as First Lady has not changed nor will it.

Nor has mine. But I do like to limit my objections to our president to legitimate issues. This is not a legitimate issue. It's Sarah Palin being ignorant, Fox News being dishonest, and people making knee jerk reactions.

vailpass
05-12-2011, 12:12 PM
Nor has mine. But I do like to limit my objections to our president to legitimate issues. This is not a legitimate issue. It's Sarah Palin being ignorant, Fox News being dishonest, and people making knee jerk reactions.

Everyone is free to interpret according to their own values and beliefs. I support your right to do so.

Pitt Gorilla
05-12-2011, 12:19 PM

Part 1

Part 2

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/wed-may-11-2011/tone-def-poetry-jam?xrs=share_copyIs Hannity retarded? Good Lord.

Pitt Gorilla
05-12-2011, 12:20 PM
Everyone is free to interpret according to their own values and beliefs. I support your right to do so.That's true, but a few facts (that might help to inform values/beliefs) never hurt anyone, IMO.

vailpass
05-12-2011, 12:33 PM
That's true, but a few facts (that might help to inform values/beliefs) never hurt anyone, IMO.

Agreed. My objection is to people getting angry when others don't arrive at the same conclusion as they do upon examining the facts. It is funny how some who say they support tolerance will not tolerate a viewpoint that differs from their own.

FD
05-12-2011, 12:56 PM
Is Hannity retarded? Good Lord.

I think he's just counting on his viewers being retarded.

vailpass
05-12-2011, 12:59 PM

:LOL: It's retarted.

RNR
05-12-2011, 01:00 PM

Him pointing out Ted Nugent ranting just as inflammatory remarks as this Common clown and Hannity stead fast defending him as "a friend of mine" and the lyrics by Johnny Cash makes a clear argument that this whole flap is hypocritical at best. Anyone who has read very many of my posts knows I have a very low opinion of Barry. This is nonsense IMO~

RNR
05-12-2011, 01:01 PM
:LOL: It's retarted.

No its we todd ed

vailpass
05-12-2011, 01:01 PM
No its we todd ed

:) Iowanian spells it sofa king we todd it.

RNR
05-12-2011, 01:05 PM
:) Iowanian spells it sofa king we todd it.

I was trying not to cuss with this whole beating the filter flare up ;)

vailpass
05-12-2011, 01:13 PM

Oh crap. Does that constitute filter avoidance? I didn't change any spellings.

Jaric
05-12-2011, 01:25 PM
Him pointing out Ted Nugent ranting just as inflammatory remarks as this Common clown and Hannity stead fast defending him as "a friend of mine" and the lyrics by Johnny Cash makes a clear argument that this whole flap is hypocritical at best. Anyone who has read very many of my posts knows I have a very low opinion of Barry. This is nonsense IMO~
This mess has actually lowered my opinion of Fox News. Which I did not think was possible, yet here we are.

Oh, for the record I also can't stand Obama.

Jaric
05-12-2011, 01:25 PM

Oh crap. Does that constitute filter avoidance? I didn't change any spellings.

You guys are phucked

RNR
05-12-2011, 02:18 PM
This mess has actually lowered my opinion of Fox News. Which I did not think was possible, yet here we are.

Oh, for the record I also can't stand Obama.

I seldom watch FOX or MSNBC I feel FOX is better between the two. But that is like saying I would rather be punched in the nuts as opposed to kicked in the nuts. I used to defend FOX a little but after Beck became more of a clown than he was to begin with, and was still respected there and Hannity becoming a parody they lost any defense I once was willing to give~

Jaric
05-12-2011, 02:24 PM
I seldom watch FOX or MSNBC I feel FOX is better between the two. But that is like saying I would rather be punched in the nuts as opposed to kicked in the nuts. I used to defend FOX a little but after Beck became more of a clown than he was to begin with, and was still respected there and Hannity becoming a parody they lost any defense I once was willing to give~

While I would probably agree on that, we both know thats like being the thinnest kid at fat camp.

RNR
05-12-2011, 02:27 PM
While I would probably agree on that, we both know thats like being the thinnest kid at fat camp.

Hence the analogy I gave also~

Frankie
05-12-2011, 08:01 PM

Jon Stewart is a political hack who forwards the Marxist agenda of the Left by disguising it as comedy.

Frankie
05-12-2011, 08:06 PM

Please be PC and do not disrespect the mentally challenged.

Also, you could have used the words "mentally challenged" instead of the 'R' word.

:p

Cave Johnson
05-17-2011, 12:29 PM
O'Reilly NAILED IT.

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Im8WhG-8FGw?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Im8WhG-8FGw?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/G7fIjufCPsg?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/G7fIjufCPsg?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

Frankie
05-17-2011, 01:13 PM
O'Reilly NAILED IT.

This was a tie at best. I saw no nailing going on for either side. Stewarts's point in his own program about Johnny Cash and Common was "nailing" it. In soccer terms, after two games, Jon Stewart-4, O'Reilly-1.

vailpass
05-17-2011, 01:17 PM
This was a tie at best. I saw no nailing going on for either side. Stewarts's point in his own program about Johnny Cash and Common was "nailing" it. In soccer terms, after two games, Jon Stewart-4, O'Reilly-1.

Know how I know you are ghey?

PunkinDrublic
05-17-2011, 02:18 PM
If he lowers gas prices he can shoot dice with the wu-tang clan for all I care.