PDA

View Full Version : Economics Bloomberg To Ron Paul: 'You're Running For President And You Want To Abolish The Fed

KILLER_CLOWN
05-10-2011, 03:45 PM
Bloomberg To Ron Paul: 'You're Running For President And You Want To Abolish The Fed; How's That Playing In Middle America?'

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/pGiQZhizqbM?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/pGiQZhizqbM?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

MahiMike
05-10-2011, 05:37 PM
He's the only one with a clue. And that's why he has no chance. Unfortunately.

Chocolate Hog
05-10-2011, 05:39 PM
He's the only one with a clue. And that's why he has no chance. Unfortunately.

Probably but he only polls 6% behind the leader.

Chocolate Hog
05-10-2011, 05:54 PM
KIRSTEN POWERS, FOX NEWS POLITICAL ANALYST: Well, no, I wasn't surprised. There is a CNN poll where Ron Paul is actually -- looks like the man to beat because he's the one who comes the closest to beating Barack Obama, within about by seven points, which is pretty incredible.
I wasn't surprised about what Juan wrote because I felt the same way -
- I feel the same way about Ron Paul. And, you know, when I was watching the debate, I also felt like why don't Republicans want to vote for this guy? You know, he's great.
But that's kind of the problem for Ron Paul, I think.

Jerm
05-10-2011, 06:10 PM
Paul is the only Repub. that has a shot against Obama and if he keeps gaining momentum, I think he has a real shot......I hope.

Just wish he'd run as an Independent.

Molitoth
05-11-2011, 10:18 AM
We can only hope he wins, the man knows his stuff. Killing the monetary system is the start to a better world.

Jaric
05-11-2011, 11:01 AM
Paul is the only Repub. that has a shot against Obama and if he keeps gaining momentum, I think he has a real shot......I hope.

Just wish he'd run as an Independent.

Why? He'd have no chance of getting elected as a Independent.

durtyrute
05-11-2011, 11:27 AM
I don't really keep up with this stuff, what makes this guy any different than when King Barack Ojesus was running? They all talk a good game, Ojesus probably had the most hype of any pres ever, but when they get in it's more off the same. And the crazy part about it is time and time again the American people fall for the shit. "Okay, this time I'm serious....Gotcha Bitch. Okay, okay, okay, this time I'm really serious, GOTCHA BITCH!!!.......It's insane.

Jaric
05-11-2011, 11:34 AM
I don't really keep up with this stuff, what makes this guy any different than when King Barack Ojesus was running? They all talk a good game, Ojesus probably had the most hype of any pres ever, but when they get in it's more off the same. And the crazy part about it is time and time again the American people fall for the shit. "Okay, this time I'm serious....Gotcha Bitch. Okay, okay, okay, this time I'm really serious, GOTCHA BITCH!!!.......It's insane.

Are you talking about Ron Paul here?

If so, he's more than put his money (or rather his vote) where his mouth is.

talastan
05-11-2011, 11:52 AM

I support alot of the same views that Paul does, but playing Devil's Advocate here, what about the earmarks that he put into legislation after voting and speaking out against earmarks.

durtyrute
05-11-2011, 12:02 PM

They all do, that's the part that I don't get. Like i said I don't follow politics too much, so I have no idea what this guy is doing or saying and really I don't care. But, over and over and over, we have some new fresh face that's going to change the world and when they get in it's more of the same and people somehow forget they just went through that same cycle four years ago. Look at Ojesus, Bush, Bush, Clinton, Bush,Regan, Carter, Ford, Nixon. They all talked a big game and just about everyone thought, "okay this time will be different", then we get fucked. Why out of 40 something presidents will THIS guy be any different. I'm sure he means well and talks good, hell maybe he can even dance like Ojesus, but what will he do when he is in office, just more of the same. People were saying the same thing about O'hell, and look at the shape of our country now. Somehow that gets ignored and the fact that he can kick in an unlock, cracked door makes it all better.

This isn't anything against you, I just get fed up with the b.s.

BigChiefFan
05-11-2011, 01:17 PM
It's either Ron Paul or the iceberg.

Jaric
05-11-2011, 01:19 PM
They all do, that's the part that I don't get. Like i said I don't follow politics too much, so I have no idea what this guy is doing or saying and really I don't care. But, over and over and over, we have some new fresh face that's going to change the world and when they get in it's more of the same and people somehow forget they just went through that same cycle four years ago. Look at Ojesus, Bush, Bush, Clinton, Bush,Regan, Carter, Ford, Nixon. They all talked a big game and just about everyone thought, "okay this time will be different", then we get ****ed. Why out of 40 something presidents will THIS guy be any different. I'm sure he means well and talks good, hell maybe he can even dance like Ojesus, but what will he do when he is in office, just more of the same. People were saying the same thing about O'hell, and look at the shape of our country now. Somehow that gets ignored and the fact that he can kick in an unlock, cracked door makes it all better.

This isn't anything against you, I just get fed up with the b.s.
Normally I'd agree with you.

Except about Ron Paul. He's also far some new fresh face. Quite the exact opposite really.

durtyrute
05-11-2011, 01:23 PM
Normally I'd agree with you.

Except about Ron Paul. He's also far some new fresh face. Quite the exact opposite really.

It's all crazy man, but we'll see how it plays out. Hopefully someone will get in there and "right the ship".

Molitoth
05-11-2011, 01:56 PM
Our country was originally founded on the principals of Christianity (whether or not it's teachings are fiction/non fiction is another story, its a good idea)

Our country is now working off PROFIT.

If Ron Paul cannot succeed in eliminating the Monetary system, I know unless he is assassinated that he will at least make a big deal out of educating the pure mass of people in this country that are oblivious to how wrong our economics are. The more people that know and accept that our monetary system needs drastic change, the quicker it's going to happen.

Now, would removing the monetary system suck for a few decades? absolutly; But I'm thinking of the future of my kids.

KILLER_CLOWN
05-11-2011, 03:28 PM
Our country was originally founded on the principals of Christianity (whether or not it's teachings are fiction/non fiction is another story, its a good idea)

Our country is now working off PROFIT.

If Ron Paul cannot succeed in eliminating the Monetary system, I know unless he is assassinated that he will at least make a big deal out of educating the pure mass of people in this country that are oblivious to how wrong our economics are. The more people that know and accept that our monetary system needs drastic change, the quicker it's going to happen.

Now, would removing the monetary system suck for a few decades? absolutly; But I'm thinking of the future of my kids.

No if we have someone like Ron Paul in office, the government can issue the currency instead of the PRIVATE Federal Reserve.

Stewie
05-11-2011, 05:16 PM
No if we have someone like Ron Paul in office, the government can issue the currency instead of the PRIVATE Federal Reserve.

The gov't and the Fed work hand in hand when it comes to printing money.

That IS the problem.

Way back in the day, Henry Ford questioned why the US gov't was selling bonds to finance big projects. Well, the answer was that the banks had recently formed the Federal Reserve and they'd get 50% of money from the project through the interest they were charging. No work, but a nice payday. Brilliant and criminal.

Chocolate Hog
05-11-2011, 05:17 PM
Arizona
4/28 - 5/1
400 Republican primary voters
+/-4.9%

Romney 24%
Paul 12%
Palin 12%
Huckabee 12%
Gingrich 10%
Bachmann 10%
Trump 8%
Pawlenty 5%

BucEyedPea
05-11-2011, 05:29 PM
I support alot of the same views that Paul does, but playing Devil's Advocate here, what about the earmarks that he put into legislation after voting and speaking out against earmarks.
When did he speak out against earmarks? I don't think so.

Ron Paul is not against earmarks. In fact he thinks they should stay because it keeps where the money goes out of the executive branch when it belongs in the legislative branch. That's actually very important. This issue is a red-herring because it's the spending that's the problem and he always votes against the spending.

Jaric
05-11-2011, 06:27 PM
Arizona
4/28 - 5/1
+/-4.9%

Romney 24%
Paul 12%
Palin 12%
Huckabee 12%
Gingrich 10%
Bachmann 10%
Trump 8%
Pawlenty 5%
WTF? Seriously? Who the fuck is voting for Sarah Palin?

Taco John
05-11-2011, 06:42 PM

What about them?

Ron Paul doesn't speak out against earmarks. He says, very rightfully, that earmarks aren't the problem, that budgeting is the problem.

When you go to the grocery store, you might set up a budget, say $100. Once that budget is set, what does it matter what you earmark in it? Before you go to the store, you make a list - milk, butter, eggs. You just earmarked the money in that budget. Once you fill your earmarked items into your cart, now you check the budget and see what's left over. If there's more, your son might request an earmark for oreos. Your wife might request an earmark for coffee creamer. Once those earmarks are full, you've now got executive power to spend the rest however you want.... AWWWWWWYEAAAAAAA!

The budget in congress works much the same. Once the budget is set, the earmarks are actually the good part of the process. Congress people have to attach their names to the earmarks. But the leftover dough ends up being spent by the various Czars in nooks and crannies of government we have little to no insight on.

People see the ridiculous things that the earmarks go to and get the idea that they are the problem. That's just the flashy keys distracting you from the real problem: the budget.

The only way the earmark "problem" will ever be solved is by solving the budget issue. And the only way that will ever be solved is by starving the beast. Cut off income taxes and watch the beast struggle by cutting necessary services while protecting pet projects. At that point, America is staring into the void of its future. Let's hope it chooses the right path.

Psyko Tek
05-11-2011, 06:48 PM
Arizona
4/28 - 5/1
+/-4.9%

Romney 24%
Paul 12%
Palin 12%
Huckabee 12%
Gingrich 10%
Bachmann 10%