PDA

View Full Version : Blaine Sumner UDFA!!!

Trevo_410
05-12-2011, 01:07 PM
read this on another forum, holy shit. we gotta try him out.

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/_CObtOq1MRA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
:LOL:

look at the ending when he's snapping body slams everybody..............

Dave Lane
05-12-2011, 01:49 PM
Bah half of Chiefsplant benches 650

Pestilence
05-12-2011, 01:53 PM
ROFL at him putting in drug free in the video.

Trevo_410
05-12-2011, 02:05 PM
Bah half of Chiefsplant benches 650

lol right,,, also, theres another video somewhere about his pro day, the dude did 50 reps of 225. :wayne:

Detoxing
05-12-2011, 02:57 PM
I've never seen a lineman that slow off the snap.

DJ's left nut
05-12-2011, 03:40 PM
That dude is a freakin' tank...

...and moves like one. NFL interior lineman would explode into him before he got a chance to get any leg drive. If they played with any kind of technique at all, they'd wash him out before he got any kind of motor up.

Just not enough explosion there.

bowener
05-12-2011, 04:15 PM
That dude is a freakin' tank...

...and moves like one. NFL interior lineman would explode into him before he got a chance to get any leg drive. If they played with any kind of technique at all, they'd wash him out before he got any kind of motor up.

Just not enough explosion there.

Is that something that cannot be improved with better technique or perhaps a weight lifting regiment that is tailored to football rather than competitive weight lifting?

I would have to guess his quads and calves are trained for lifting rather than quick explosion.

I really have no clue though, I am just amazed at his physical abilities.

I would like to have him around any team I root for just because the fucker looks crazy and mean, and that is what the Chiefs D-line needs. Besides Shaun Smith, none of the Chiefs DL seems to have much fire/hate/passion/ill-will toward the other team... perhaps that is due in part to how overpaid some of the Chiefs DLmen are.

Detoxing
05-12-2011, 04:29 PM
Is that something that cannot be improved with better technique or perhaps a weight lifting regiment that is tailored to football rather than competitive weight lifting?

I would have to guess his quads and calves are trained for lifting rather than quick explosion.

I really have no clue though, I am just amazed at his physical abilities.

I would like to have him around any team I root for just because the ****er looks crazy and mean, and that is what the Chiefs D-line needs. Besides Shaun Smith, none of the Chiefs DL seems to have much fire/hate/passion/ill-will toward the other team... perhaps that is due in part to how overpaid some of the Chiefs DLmen are.

Plyometrics.

If he spent as much time working on his plyo as he does his bench press, maybe he'd have a shot at being an UDFA.

bowener
05-12-2011, 04:47 PM
Plyometrics.

If he spent as much time working on his plyo as he does his bench press, maybe he'd have a shot at being an UDFA.

So, would it be smart for a team in need of a NT, like the Chiefs, to sign him with the intention to train him for a season or two? He will always be a 2 down NT, but that is fucking fine. The Chiefs need big bodies, and mean mother fuckers too.

Detoxing
05-12-2011, 04:53 PM
So, would it be smart for a team in need of a NT, like the Chiefs, to sign him with the intention to train him for a season or two? He will always be a 2 down NT, but that is ****ing fine. The Chiefs need big bodies, and mean mother ****ers too.

I don't think he's even worth the PS.

By looking at his "skill" tape, he looks like a body builder playing football, not an athlete playing football. That dude would get pancaked almost every play. He has no lower body explosion, and once he starts moving laterlly...ugh....

But, WTF do I know?

LiL stumppy
05-12-2011, 05:33 PM
I don't think he's even worth the PS.

By looking at his "skill" tape, he looks like a body builder playing football, not an athlete playing football. That dude would get pancaked almost every play. He has no lower body explosion, and once he starts moving laterlly...ugh....

But, WTF do I know?

Uh no, he moves laterlly better than most NT's you will ever see.

He wouldn't play FB if he couldnt move.

His main problem, and the biggest, is exploding off the ball. But in reality, a DT is tought in most systems to drop to the ground and take out the OL's knees if they're getting doubled to make a big pile.

This is one of the guys that COULD be a good player due to his body.

But would def need to get a more explosive first step. Physical freak.

Pestilence
05-12-2011, 05:34 PM
It's not like the dude is playing against the top talent in the Nation.

Detoxing
05-12-2011, 05:37 PM
Uh no, he moves laterlly better than most NT's you will ever see.

He wouldn't play FB if he couldnt move.

Ahem. And his playing FB = Shaun Smith playing FB. You watched his FB highlights right?

It's not like the dude is playing against the top talent in the Nation.

DA_T_84
05-12-2011, 06:20 PM
Meh, why the hell not? Bring him in.

xztop12
05-12-2011, 07:05 PM
he'd piss hot

Bump
05-12-2011, 09:04 PM
probably a reason why he went to small school and didn't get drafted.

LiL stumppy
05-12-2011, 09:16 PM
Ahem. And his playing FB = Shaun Smith playing FB. You watched his FB highlights right?

How many times did Shaun Smith carry the ball? A lot of teams will put a big body in just to lead back.

Yes I did watch the video, which makes it obvious he is not laterlly slow for a 335 lb NT.

Tribal Warfare
05-12-2011, 10:24 PM
read this on another forum, holy shit. we gotta try him out.

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/_CObtOq1MRA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
:LOL:

look at the ending when he's snapping body slams everybody..............

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?p=7415951

n00b, it's already been discussed

Trevo_410
05-12-2011, 10:42 PM
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?p=7415951

n00b, it's already been discussed

haha my bad guys.

black angus
05-14-2011, 02:55 PM
Guardian would kick his butt.

Ebolapox
05-14-2011, 03:14 PM
lil stumpy makes royr III look like a got-damned genius.

KCrockaholic
05-15-2011, 12:32 PM
He's got really short arms.

Mr. Laz
05-18-2011, 06:02 PM
He's got really short arms.
yep ... needs to work on a quicker first step and flexibility.

i wonder whether his arms are just too dam short to ever make it.

wouldn't hurt to bring him in for TC

but hell i'm in the camp that we should bring in a ton of UDFA's every year and see who sticks. I'm talking bringing in enough UNDFA's to field another entire team. It would be worth it if you just found a single solid player.

UDFA's that come and don't make the team make about $30-50k? That's nothing if you find a few real players.

Dave Lane
05-18-2011, 07:23 PM

I dunno, the Roys collectively are about a 100 IQ. Stumpy Jr. looks to be close to that maybe an 85...

LiL stumppy
05-18-2011, 09:25 PM

Coming from you that means nothing ;)

Do you watch football? How often does a team put a 335 lb kid at FB and LET HIM RUN THE BALL?

Idiot.

Watch Jerrel Powe and tell me he is laterlly quicker than this kid.

LiL stumppy
05-18-2011, 09:28 PM
I dunno, the Roys collectively are about a 100 IQ. Stumpy Jr. looks to be close to that maybe an 85...

Which leaves yours in the 40's?

Ebolapox
05-18-2011, 09:35 PM
Coming from you that means nothing ;)

Do you watch football? How often does a team put a 335 lb kid at FB and LET HIM RUN THE BALL?

Idiot.

Watch Jerrel Powe and tell me he is laterlly quicker than this kid.

ROFL

not all that damned often, obviously. I know that powe plays against superior competition, and this guy may AT BEST end up on a practice squad for a few years before going onto a rousing career in construction.

LiL stumppy
05-18-2011, 09:39 PM
ROFL

not all that damned often, obviously. I know that powe plays against superior competition, and this guy may AT BEST end up on a practice squad for a few years before going onto a rousing career in construction.

Did I say we should sign him, or he will have a great career, or even make a team for that matter?:hmmm:

Sure didn't, yes i'm the one with an IQ of 85, and you have reading comprehension problems.

Ebolapox
05-18-2011, 09:45 PM
Did I say we should sign him, or he will have a great career, or even make a team for that matter?:hmmm:

Sure didn't, yes i'm the one with an IQ of 85, and you have reading comprehension problems.

eh, not really paying attention... watching south park via dvr, can't be bothered to give a fuck either way.

Mr. Laz
05-19-2011, 06:03 PM
Did I say we should sign him,
i'm saying it ... sign him.

UDFA's are cheap and we should sign everyone we can that has potential. If we just just 1 or 2 good enough to make the team then it's worth the money.

Hell ... have a open UDFA training camp each summer and scout the shit out of it. :)

RedThat
05-19-2011, 08:37 PM
Im looking into this guy, and I heard on his pro day he benched 225lbs, 52 times....lol thats ****ing insane. And that is more than any other nfl prospect ever. Funny thing is, this guy even admitted that bench press is the weakest of all his lifts.

He must be one really strong mofo. If he doesn't make it into the NFL, I think he should consider power lifting as a career.

RedThat
05-19-2011, 08:41 PM
Holy crap! the guy squats 1000lbs. that is 250 pounds shy of the world record set by Vlad Alzahov

*Geez what a beast

CoMoChief
05-27-2011, 05:00 PM
That man eats other humans flesh for breakfast.

CoMoChief
05-27-2011, 05:01 PM
Guardian would kick his butt.

and then he would go have a beer with him, because Guardian is cool like that.