PDA

View Full Version : Economics Fixing the Canadian economy

Over-Head
05-14-2011, 09:38 AM
Dear Mr. Harper:

Please find below my suggestion for fixing Canada 's economy. Instead of giving billions of dollars to banks and car companies, that will squander the money on lavish parties and unearned bonuses, use the following plan:

There are about 20 million people over 50 in the work force. Pay them $2 million apiece severance for early retirement with the following stipulations:

1) They MUST retire. Twenty million job openings - Unemployment fixed.

2) They MUST buy a new Canadian CAR. Twenty million cars ordered - Auto Industry fixed.

3) They MUST either buy a house or pay off their mortgage - Housing Crisis fixed.

4) They MUST send their kids to school / college /university - Crime Rate fixed.

5) Buy $50 of alcohol / tobacco / petrol a week - There's your money back in duty / tax etc.

It can't get any easier than that!

Yours truly,
Ordinary Joe Canadian

P.S. If more money is needed, have all members of parliament pay back their falsely claimed expenses and second home allowances.

Bowser
05-14-2011, 10:13 AM
Make more Molson. Everything fixed.

BigRichard
05-14-2011, 01:51 PM
20,000,000 x 2,000,000 = 40,000,000,000,000

Only 40 Trillion needed for this plan. I like it.

Discuss Thrower
05-14-2011, 07:16 PM
Make more Molson. Everything fixed.

No kidding. Moar Molson Ice plz.

go bowe
05-14-2011, 08:21 PM
oh, if ths plan passes, i'm coming to live in newfie land and getting my canadian citizenship papers... :bong:

RedNeckRaider
05-16-2011, 06:30 AM
Almost an identical email is making the rounds in the states....

One proposal for fixing the U.S. economy, known as the "Patriotic Retirement Plan," is making the rounds in e-mail inboxes, along with a notation that says, "I think this guy nailed it!" In some variations, it takes the form of a letter to the president:

"Instead of giving billions of dollars to companies that will squander the money on lavish parties and unearned bonuses, use the following plan. You can call it the 'Patriotic Retirement Plan':

"There are about 40 million people over 50 in the work force. Pay them $1 million apiece severance for early retirement with the following stipulations:

"1.) They MUST retire. Forty million job openings -- Unemployment fixed.

"2.) They MUST buy a new AMERICAN car. Forty million cars ordered -- Auto Industry fixed.

"3.) They MUST either buy a house or pay off their mortgage -- Housing Crisis fixed.

"It can't get any easier than that!!

"P.S. If more money is needed, have all members in Congress pay their taxes. Mr. President, while you're at it, make Congress retire on Social Security and Medicare. I'll bet both programs would be fixed pronto!

"If you think this would work, please forward to everyone you know."

bsp4444
05-16-2011, 01:00 PM
Do you give someone who is 51 the same amount as someone who is 64 even though there is 13 years difference in yearly earnings?

go bowe
05-16-2011, 01:04 PM
Do you give someone who is 51 the same amount as someone who is 64 even though there is 13 years difference in yearly earnings?well, it seems like a good deal to us old folks... ;)

Hydrae
05-16-2011, 01:25 PM
Do you give someone who is 51 the same amount as someone who is 64 even though there is 13 years difference in yearly earnings?

As someone who turns 51 this year, I whole heartedly endorse this idea! :thumb:

Looking forward to being a millionaire later this year!

RedNeckRaider
05-16-2011, 01:37 PM
As someone who turns 51 this year, I whole heartedly endorse this idea! :thumb:

Looking forward to being a millionaire later this year!
Spend one damn dollar of it and you ain't a millionaire no more~

Hydrae
05-16-2011, 01:39 PM
Spend one damn dollar of it and you ain't a millionaire no more~

Hell, I won't be a millionaire to begin with, the government will make sure of that before I even receive the check.

RedNeckRaider
05-16-2011, 01:42 PM
Hell, I won't be a millionaire to begin with, the government will make sure of that before I even receive the check.
We have to feed the monster so it can grow~