PDA

View Full Version : Media Disney applies 'Seal Team 6' trademark

mlyonsd
05-16-2011, 05:35 PM
Disney applies for 'Seal Team 6' trademark

The Associated Press

Published: Monday, May. 16, 2011 - 2:39 pm

<!-- CLOSE: #story_header -->SAN FRANCISCO -- The Walt Disney Co. has applied for a trademark on the name "Seal Team 6," the name of the unit of specially trained Navy SEALs that killed Osama bin Laden in a raid in Pakistan earlier this month.

Three applications filed May 3 - the day after the raid - with the U.S.
Patent and Trademark office by Disney Enterprises Inc. state an intention to use the mark for a range of products, including entertainment and education services, clothing, toys, games and Christmas stockings.

Companies have tried to trademark combat-related terms before. A day after U.S. allied forces entered Iraq in 2003, Sony Corp. applied to trademark the war's catchphrase, "shock and awe," for use as the title of a video game. The application was later abandoned.

http://www.sacbee.com/2011/05/16/3631260/disney-applies-for-seal-team-6.html

mlyonsd
05-16-2011, 05:38 PM
I have a picture in my head of the video game where Goofy gives OBL the kill shot.

vailpass
05-16-2011, 06:42 PM
I have a picture in my head of the video game where Goofy gives OBL the kill shot.

LMAO

vailpass
05-16-2011, 06:43 PM
Disney applies for 'Seal Team 6' trademark

The Associated Press

Published: Monday, May. 16, 2011 - 2:39 pm

<!-- CLOSE: #story_header -->SAN FRANCISCO -- The Walt Disney Co. has applied for a trademark on the name "Seal Team 6," the name of the unit of specially trained Navy SEALs that killed Osama bin Laden in a raid in Pakistan earlier this month.

Three applications filed May 3 - the day after the raid - with the U.S.
Patent and Trademark office by Disney Enterprises Inc. state an intention to use the mark for a range of products, including entertainment and education services, clothing, toys, games and Christmas stockings.

Companies have tried to trademark combat-related terms before. A day after U.S. allied forces entered Iraq in 2003, Sony Corp. applied to trademark the war's catchphrase, "shock and awe," for use as the title of a video game. The application was later abandoned.

http://www.sacbee.com/2011/05/16/3631260/disney-applies-for-seal-team-6.html

If anyone should be able to profit from that name it should be the US govt. and/or SealTeam6. Seal Team 6 should also be free to plunder the south seas and retain all treasure it seized from Somalian pirates. I'm just sayin....

Simplex3
05-16-2011, 06:57 PM
Now we just have to figure out which group of 13 and 14 year old whores they're going to slut up and call Seal Team 6.

listopencil
05-16-2011, 11:52 PM
Now we just have to figure out which group of 13 and 14 year old whores they're going to slut up and call Seal Team 6.

No, I bet it's going to be a group of actual seals. Like The Doberman Gang. Except fighting bad guys instead of robbing banks.