PDA

View Full Version : Obama Obama Speech Recap

HonestChieffan
05-19-2011, 11:37 AM
12:10 pm: Pant Suits kicks things off by gushing over Obama’s “new approach and blueprint” to foreign policy.

12:16 pm: Obama spikes the Bin Laden football.

– Hails Tunisian man who set himself on fire.

– Compares Arab uprisings to Boston Tea Party and Rosa Parks.

– “Change can not be denied” Where have we heard that before?

– Zzzzzzzzzz

– Sorry about that, just nodded off.

– We can’t impose regime change by force like we did in Iraq. Except in Libya.

– We’re bringing Democracy to Libya.

– “Real reform does not come at the ballot box alone”

– We’re going to sprinkle magic pixie dust on the region or something.

– Hails Muslim-Christian relationship in Egypt. Yes, really.

– Doe NOT condemn violence against Coptic Christians in Egypt.

– We’re going to modernize economies in Egypt and Tunisia.

– We will relieve Egypt of $1 billion in debt. We will lend them another $1 billion.

– “Palestinians suffer the humiliation of occupation”

– Condemns Israeli settlement construction.

– Israel can’t continue “permanent occupation”

– “The state of Palestine for Palestinian people”

– “We believe in the 1967 lines for a future Palestinians state”

– Middle East uprisings like American revolution or something.

It’s over, the Israelis are going to be livid.

One last update, Fox News is calling Obama’s demands Israel withdraw to the 1967 borders a “bombshell.”

The Mad Crapper
05-19-2011, 11:39 AM
http://www.iaza.com/work/110520C/iaza18095963724900.jpg

mlyonsd
05-19-2011, 12:18 PM
– “We believe in the 1967 lines for a future Palestinians state”

This could end up being a very big deal.

HonestChieffan
05-19-2011, 12:23 PM
This could end up being a very big deal.

Just hope it doesnt set off that tinder box. If He shows support to much, and I think he is there, we are looking at an outbreak of violence unseen in this entire debacle. Just hope the Israelis can hold their ground.

mnchiefsguy
05-19-2011, 12:25 PM
Just hope it doesnt set off that tinder box. If He shows support to much, and I think he is there, we are looking at an outbreak of violence unseen in this entire debacle. Just hope the Israelis can hold their ground.

If the tinder box does get set off, Obama will still have to back Israel's ability to defend themselves. There are enough supporters of Israel in Congress to make it happen.

Ebolapox
05-19-2011, 12:26 PM
this guy is an unmitigated fucking disaster.

blaise
05-19-2011, 12:29 PM
Time for another Nobel prize.

HonestChieffan
05-19-2011, 12:30 PM
2008 Obama
<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Tl-GHERR9hM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Today Obama
US President Barack Obama addressed his nation Thursday and called for a “full and phased withdraw of Israeli forces” from “occupied Palestinian lands.”

Obama’s comments came during Obama’s much anticipated policy address at the State Department in which he outlined the United State’s new foreign policy for the Middle East and North Africa in light of the “spring revolutions” that have rocked the region.

Saying the world was tired of “nothing but stalemate” in the Arab-Israeli conflict, and complaining that “settlement activity continues” while the “Palestinians have walked away from talks,” Obama said Israelis cannot obtain the dream of a democratic and Jewish state through “occupation.”

Obama called for “two states for two peoples” with permanent borders based on the “1967 lines with agreed upon swaps.” The borders referred to as “1967 lines” are in fact the lines agreed upon in the 1949 armistice, following which Jordan occupied Judea and Samaria for 19 years.

SuperChief
05-19-2011, 12:31 PM
What a fucking joke. How hard is it to understand that we're neving going to dig ourselves out of this debt mess while giving away billions to countries we have no business dealing with? The whole "world police" and "save the world" mentallity we operate under is destroying the homefront - seems counterintuitive, IMO.

mlyonsd
05-19-2011, 12:32 PM
This is the change Palestine was hoping for.

vailpass
05-19-2011, 12:33 PM
This is the change Palestine was hoping for.

LMAO

blaise
05-19-2011, 12:34 PM
I thought he healed everything the first time he went to the Middle East.

vailpass
05-19-2011, 12:42 PM
I'm curious to hear the resident obama apologist's take on this speech and why it was good for our country.

Otter
05-19-2011, 12:57 PM
What a ****ing joke. How hard is it to understand that we're neving going to dig ourselves out of this debt mess while giving away billions to countries we have no business dealing with? The whole "world police" and "save the world" mentallity we operate under is destroying the homefront - seems counterintuitive, IMO.

I'm pretty sure his goal is to bring the country through it's knees through debt and unregulated immigration. We don't have jobs and safety nets for the people already here and we're already broke.

Sound idiotic? Prove me wrong.

HonestChieffan
05-19-2011, 01:00 PM
http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpunch/2011/05/netanyahus-office-tweets-disapproving-response-to-president-obamas-speech.html#tp

SuperChief
05-19-2011, 02:36 PM
I'm pretty sure his goal is to bring the country through it's knees through debt and unregulated immigration. We don't have jobs and safety nets for the people already here and we're already broke.

Sound idiotic? Prove me wrong.

Yes.