PDA

View Full Version : Nat'l Security Allan West responds to Obama's speech

HonestChieffan
05-19-2011, 02:07 PM
(WASHINGTON) — Congressman Allen West (FL-22) released this statement today:

“Today’s endorsement by President Barack Obama of the creation of a Hamas-led Palestinian state based on the pre-1967 borders, signals the most egregious foreign policy decision his administration has made to date, and could be the beginning of the end as we know it for the Jewish state.

From the moment the modern day state of Israel declared statehood in 1948, to the end of the 1967 Six Day War, Jews were forbidden access to their holiest site, the Western Wall in Jerusalem’s Old City, controlled by Jordan’s Arab army.

The pre-1967 borders endorsed by President Obama would deny millions of the world’s Jews access to their holiest site and force Israel to return the strategically important Golan Heights to Syria, a known state-sponsor of terrorism.

Resorting to the pre-1967 borders would mean a full withdrawal by the Israelis from the West Bank and the Jewish neighborhoods of East Jerusalem. Make no mistake, there has always been a Nation of Israel and Jerusalem has been and must always be recognized as its rightful capital.

In short, the Hamas-run Palestinian state envisioned by President Obama would be devastating to Israel and the world’s 13.3 million Jews. It would be a Pavlovian style reward to a declared Islamic terrorist organization, and an unacceptable policy initiative.
America should never negotiate with the Palestinian Authority- which has aligned itself with Hamas. Palestine is a region, not a people or a modern state. Based upon Roman Emperor Hadrian’s declaration in 73 AD, the original Palestinian people are the Jewish people.
It’s time for the American people to stand by our strongest ally, the Jewish State of Israel, and reject this foreign policy blunder of epic proportions.

While the winds of democracy may blow strong in the Middle East, history has demonstrated that gaps in leadership can lead to despotic regimes. I have questions for President Obama: ‘Who will now lead in Egypt?’ and ‘Why should American taxpayers provide foreign aid to a nation where the next chapter in their history may be the emergence of another radical Islamic state?’

President Obama has not stood for Israel or the Jewish people and has made it clear where the United States will stand when Palestine attempts to gain recognition of statehood by the United Nations. The President should focus on the real obstacle to security- the Palestinian leadership and its ultimate goal to eliminate Israel and the Jewish people.

HonestChieffan
05-19-2011, 02:25 PM
Not setting well with Israel....

(JPost) — Knesset members on the Right expressed outrage on Thursday night at US President Barack Obama’s call for the creation of a Palestinian state based on the 1967 lines with mutually agreed swaps in an exchange of territory for security.

They called upon Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu to reject Obama’s plan when he meets with him on Friday in Washington.

“Barack Hussein Obama adopted the staged plan for Israel’s destruction of Yasser Arafat, and he is trying to force it on our prime minister,” said Likud MK Danny Danon. “All that was new in the speech was that he called for Israel to return to 1967 borders without solving the crisis. Netanyahu has only one option: To tell Obama forget about it.”

National Union MK Michael Ben-Ari also slammed Obama’s speech, calling it “a landmine with pretty wrapping.”

Environment Minister Gilad Erdan, who as a minister close to Netanyahu must be more diplomatic, complained on Channel 2 that according to Obama’s approach, the Palestinians would receive their demands on borders before negotiations begin.

“Once they have everything from the start, they have no reason to make any concessions,”Erdan said.

Chief Henry
05-19-2011, 02:31 PM
Obama should have made this speech before he killed Osama.

Chief Henry
05-19-2011, 02:34 PM
If Israel gives all the land back, will this mean the radical muslim terrorist will stop blowing shit up ?

blaise
05-19-2011, 02:40 PM
If Israel gives all the land back, will this mean the radical muslim terrorist will stop blowing shit up ?

Christians blow stuff up all the time!

Ugly Duck
05-19-2011, 02:45 PM

“Today’s endorsement by President Barack Obama of the creation of a Hamas-led Palestinian state based on the pre-1967 borders....

Straw Man Alert: The President didn't say that.

HonestChieffan
05-19-2011, 02:46 PM
Straw Man Alert: The President didn't say that.

Maybe you could clarify it then....what was misstated by west and what was said that supports your point?

Why did the Knesset hear the same thing?

Chief Henry
05-19-2011, 03:27 PM
Christians blow stuff up all the time!

whine much :deevee: So you think Christians blow up as much stuff as the muslim terrorist :hmmm:

I didn't recall Bill Ayres was a Christian...

blaise
05-19-2011, 03:29 PM
whine much :deevee: So you think Christians blow up as much stuff as the muslim terrorist :hmmm:

I didn't recall Bill Ayres was a Christian...

Two words: David Koresh. Two more: George Bush

Boom.
Crusades. Ever heard of them? There was like Christians killing everyone.

talastan
05-19-2011, 03:37 PM

Boom.

Crusades were over 900 years ago...Koresh wasn't a Christian in the fact that he claimed he was God, Bush didn't go to war in the name of Christianity. Anyone else you want to mention? Excluding an incredibly small percentage (who haven't blown anything up), Christians have long out grown the war mongoring, while a huge population (not all) of Muslims are still stuck in the 6th and 7th century barbarism.

blaise
05-19-2011, 03:40 PM
Crusades were over 900 years ago...Koresh wasn't a Christian in the fact that he claimed he was God, Bush didn't go to war in the name of Christianity. Anyone else you want to mention? Excluding an incredibly small percentage (who haven't blown anything up), Christians have long out grown the war mongoring, while a huge population (not all) of Muslims are still stuck in the 6th and 7th century barbarism.

War for oil= dead people. Christians drive more cars than anyone. Bush lied, people died. End of story. Bush kills people while Obama will probably rack up his second Nobel prize with his speech today.
Scoreboard- Obama.

ChiefaRoo
05-19-2011, 03:44 PM
Blaise you just had your shit pushed in by talastan.

The Mad Crapper
05-19-2011, 03:50 PM
http://www.iaza.com/work/110520C/iaza18095963724900.jpg

mikey23545
05-19-2011, 03:51 PM
At least I get it, Blaise....

mlyonsd
05-19-2011, 03:52 PM
At least I get it, Blaise....

I thought it was so obvious it didn't require a comment. LMAO

mikey23545
Obama should have made this speech before he killed Osama.

At least he's making it before he kills all the Jews...

MIAdragon

Boom.

:shake:

blaise
05-19-2011, 03:54 PM
Obama has transcended race. Obama will transcend religion.

Town Hall Protesters, ever heard of them? Christians.

blaise
05-19-2011, 03:57 PM
Cheneyburton.

RedNeckRaider
05-19-2011, 03:59 PM

Boom.

Bringing up Koresh is rather weak as he could have been taken off compound several times. This and Ruby ridge are two times the government shit the bed. Not defending either shitbag~

blaise
05-19-2011, 04:01 PM
Christians: world's biggest mafia.

RedNeckRaider
05-19-2011, 04:03 PM
Christians: world's biggest mafia.

Is Dave Lane holding a gun to your head right now? ;)

Chief Henry
05-19-2011, 04:04 PM

Boom.

You wanna go back to the crusades...wow.

George Bush was in a war, like Obama. You might have heard of the concept recently.

If your arm is long enough, keep reaching.

The Mad Crapper
05-19-2011, 04:06 PM
I could be wrong but I think Blaise is being sarcastic.

Chief Henry
05-19-2011, 04:06 PM
Is Dave Lane holding a gun to your head right now? ;)

LMAO

Radar Chief
05-19-2011, 04:14 PM

Nuh-uh. He’s fur serial.

talastan
05-19-2011, 04:17 PM

I realized that after I had posted......:doh!: I was wondering why blaise would be saying these things reading his posts on here before. Score - blaise

Me - Duh! WINNING! ;)

dirk digler
05-19-2011, 04:17 PM
First all anybody that didn't get that Blaise was being sarcastic is an idiot.

Second who cares what Allen West thinks? That is like starting a thread called Chief Henry responds to Obama's speech. Who gives a shit?

Calcountry
05-19-2011, 04:38 PM
War for oil= dead people. Christians drive more cars than anyone. Bush lied, people died. End of story. Bush kills people while Obama will probably rack up his second Nobel prize with his speech today.
Scoreboard- Obama.How many people has Obama killed in Libya and Afghanistan?

Obama lied, peple died.

Calcountry
05-19-2011, 04:38 PM

Second who cares what Allen West thinks? That is like starting a thread called Chief Henry responds to Obama's speech. Who gives a shit?Frankly, I could give two shits about what you think.

go bowe
05-19-2011, 04:39 PM

Second who cares what Allen West thinks? That is like starting a thread called Chief Henry responds to Obama's speech. Who gives a shit?

never discount the power of online entertainment...

dirk digler
05-19-2011, 04:59 PM
Frankly, I could give two shits about what you think.

Join the crowd

go bowe
05-19-2011, 05:03 PM
Join the crowd
hey, dirk...

one shit is better than two anyway...

KC Dan
05-19-2011, 05:29 PM
How many people has Obama killed in Libya and Afghanistan?

Obama lied, peple died.more are dying in Syria but wait.... look over here at his shiny new speech

Ugly Duck
05-19-2011, 06:40 PM
Maybe you could clarify it then....what was misstated by west and what was said that supports your point?

Its not too difficult... just listen to what was said, not what someone else says was said. The President said "The borders of Israel and Palestine should be based on the 1967 lines with mutually agreed swaps." That ain't the same as endorsing a Hamas-led state to at the 1967 borders. The President is not suggesting that Egypt cede the Sinai to Israel, nor is he suggesting that Israel return the Golan Heights to Syria. He clearly said the borders of Israel and Palestine should be based on the 1967 borders & the final lines be negotiated from there. And he didn't suggest that the Palestinian state be led by Hamas as misstated by West. The 1967 borders between Israel & Palestine are the legal borders... reasonable to most that legal negotiations would be based on the legal border.

UN Resolution 242: 1.Charter principles requires the establishment of a just and lasting peace in the Middle East which should include the application of both the following principles:

(i) Withdrawal of Israel armed forces from territories occupied in the recent conflict; (ii) Termination of all claims or states of belligerency and respect for and acknowledgment of the sovereignty, territorial integrity and political independence of every State in the area and their right to live in peace within secure and recognized boundaries free from threats or acts of force;

http://www.macalester.edu/courses/geog261/Sullivan_Jerusalem/Maps%20and%20other%20Images/palestineshrinks.jpg

http://www.lib.berkeley.edu/EART/maps/isra-4.jpg

Fishpicker
05-19-2011, 06:52 PM

“Today’s endorsement by President Barack Obama of the creation of a Hamas-led Palestinian state based on the pre-1967 borders, signals the most egregious foreign policy decision his administration has made to date, and could be the beginning of the end as we know it for the Jewish state.

From the moment the modern day state of Israel declared statehood in 1948, to the end of the 1967 Six Day War, Jews were forbidden access to their holiest site, the Western Wall in Jerusalem’s Old City, controlled by Jordan’s Arab army.

The pre-1967 borders endorsed by President Obama would deny millions of the world’s Jews access to their holiest site and force Israel to return the strategically important Golan Heights to Syria, a known state-sponsor of terrorism.

Resorting to the pre-1967 borders would mean a full withdrawal by the Israelis from the West Bank and the Jewish neighborhoods of East Jerusalem. Make no mistake, there has always been a Nation of Israel and Jerusalem has been and must always be recognized as its rightful capital.

In short, the Hamas-run Palestinian state envisioned by President Obama would be devastating to Israel and the world’s 13.3 million Jews. It would be a Pavlovian style reward to a declared Islamic terrorist organization, and an unacceptable policy initiative.
America should never negotiate with the Palestinian Authority- which has aligned itself with Hamas. Palestine is a region, not a people or a modern state. Based upon Roman Emperor Hadrian’s declaration in 73 AD, the original Palestinian people are the Jewish people.
It’s time for the American people to stand by our strongest ally, the Jewish State of Israel, and reject this foreign policy blunder of epic proportions.

While the winds of democracy may blow strong in the Middle East, history has demonstrated that gaps in leadership can lead to despotic regimes. I have questions for President Obama: ‘Who will now lead in Egypt?’ and ‘Why should American taxpayers provide foreign aid to a nation where the next chapter in their history may be the emergence of another radical Islamic state?’

President Obama has not stood for Israel or the Jewish people and has made it clear where the United States will stand when Palestine attempts to gain recognition of statehood by the United Nations. The President should focus on the real obstacle to security- the Palestinian leadership and its ultimate goal to eliminate Israel and the Jewish people.

good. lets cut off the aid we send those Israelis.

Jenson71
05-19-2011, 07:05 PM
blaise, don't confuse your allies.