PDA

View Full Version : U.S. Issues More Compassion for Tornado Victims

gblowfish
05-31-2011, 03:18 PM
Mayor Jack Scott is a .... Guess Which Party!
http://tinyurl.com/448kcq4

AndChiefs
05-31-2011, 03:36 PM
Mayor Jack Scott is a .... Guess Which Party!
http://tinyurl.com/448kcq4

I'm going to guess independent because mayor's don't generally run on a party ticket. But that doesn't fit the negative imagery you're trying to paint of republicans does it?

Also, I can't find a single article that states his political affiliation. I'd love to revise my opinion though should you disprove me.

Saul Good
05-31-2011, 03:43 PM
This is very much about party lines. Republicans are the party of small government, respect for life, and no trailers.

vailpass
05-31-2011, 03:45 PM
Warning: Huffington Post article.

gblowfish
05-31-2011, 03:47 PM
Warning: Huffington Post article.

So it must be a pack of lies!

AndChiefs
05-31-2011, 03:48 PM

Oh I'm sure it's real. The guy's a douche.

I don't think he's a Republican. (or a Democrat)

Saul Good
05-31-2011, 03:50 PM
If he's a mayor in Alabama, he's likely a Republican, but this has nothing to do with partisan politics.

vailpass
05-31-2011, 03:50 PM

The url you cite doesn't identify it as a huffpo link. There are those who like to know if a link is huffpo so they don't waste a click.

gblowfish
05-31-2011, 03:51 PM
Here's the story in the Charleston, SC Newspaper, in case the HuffPo may burn the eyes and brains of some...

http://www.postandcourier.com/news/2011/may/29/fema-trailers-outlawed-alabama-town-hit-tornadoes/

And I was just asking to venture a guess as to which party he's affiliated. Let's see if we can find out.

AndChiefs
05-31-2011, 03:56 PM
If he's a mayor in Alabama, he's likely a Republican, but this has nothing to do with partisan politics.

Actually Alabama is historically fairly Democrat. I wouldn't be overly surprised he was a Democrat. As I mentioned though I can't find any legitimate info on which he might be.

AndChiefs
05-31-2011, 03:59 PM
Here's the story in the Charleston, SC Newspaper, in case the HuffPo may burn the eyes and brains of some...

http://www.postandcourier.com/news/2011/may/29/fema-trailers-outlawed-alabama-town-hit-tornadoes/

And I was just asking to venture a guess as to which party he's affiliated. Let's see if we can find out.

If you meant it like that I'm sorry. I just get tired of everyone blaming the other party like they're the devil or something. I'm an independent and it's annoying how everyone makes threads to the effect of "This is the final straw demonstrating how awful the other guy is!" This is one small-time mayor in the middle of nowhere. He has no effect on the actual political party's beliefs or standings.

CrazyPhuD
05-31-2011, 04:00 PM
Actually Alabama is historically fairly Democrat. I wouldn't be overly surprised he was a Democrat. As I mentioned though I can't find any legitimate info on which he might be.

Yes but a Southern Democrat is like a Californian republican.

AndChiefs
05-31-2011, 04:03 PM
Yes but a Southern Democrat is like a Californian republican.

Then this is Obama's fault who's taking his orders from the Palestinians due to the large population of Jews currently living in Cordova, AL. It's the only way he can covertly hurt the Jews while still pretending to support them.

BucEyedPea
05-31-2011, 07:37 PM
This is very much about party lines. Republicans were the party of small government, respect for life, and no trailers.

FYP

alpha_omega
06-01-2011, 11:21 AM
Well, let's see. He refuses to grant a waiver so....he must be a pub. If he was a dem, he would grant a waiver at the drop of a hat. Right?

Oh wait...i thought we were talking about health care...nevermind.

Seriously though...i can see both sides here. There is an obvious need for the trailers, but i can understand that he doesn't want the single wides in his town for 5 years or more.

FishingRod
06-01-2011, 11:30 AM
It would seem to me that the smart thing to do would be to set up a park outside of town where the electrical and sewer could be routed into a centralized place. That way the trailers would not be interfering with the clean up and rebuilding efforts. It would additionally avoid putting the displaced children in an area full of danger. But that is just heatless me.

patteeu
06-01-2011, 12:36 PM
If you meant it like that I'm sorry. I just get tired of everyone blaming the other party like they're the devil or something. I'm an independent and it's annoying how everyone makes threads to the effect of "This is the final straw demonstrating how awful the other guy is!" This is one small-time mayor in the middle of nowhere. He has no effect on the actual political party's beliefs or standings.

LOL, of course he didn't mean it like that. Your instincts about his motives were right the first time.

Saul Good
06-01-2011, 01:02 PM
Congrats on another fantastic thread, gblo.

gblowfish
06-02-2011, 10:16 AM
Congrats on another fantastic thread, gblo.

Hey, we do what we can to help. You're quite welcome.

ROYC75
06-02-2011, 10:13 PM
Maybe he doesn't want to confuse the public with trailer trash ?

FTR, people need help, I can understand his reasoning long term but this should just be short term only.