PDA

View Full Version : Elections Bizarre Chris Christy story...

Taco John
05-31-2011, 10:19 PM
I don't understand why he'd sabotage himself like this. It makes no sense to me.

Gov. Christie arrives at son's high school baseball game in State Police helicopter

TRENTON Gov. Chris Christie arrived at his son's baseball game this afternoon aboard a State Police helicopter.

Right before the lineup cards were being exchanged on the field, a noise from above distracted the spectators as the 55-foot long helicopter buzzed over trees in left field, circled the outfield and landed in an adjacent football field. Christie disembarked from the helicopter and got into a black car with tinted windows that drove him about a 100 yards to the baseball field.

During the 5th inning, Christie and First Lady Mary Pat Christie got into the car, rode back to the helicopter and left the game. During a pitching change, play was stopped for a couple of minutes while the helicopter took off.

Christie's eldest son, Andrew, was the starting catcher for Delbarton High School, in Morris Township. The governor played the same position of catcher when he was in high school.

The game was being held at St. Joseph Regional High School in Montvale in Bergen County. Christie watched the game from the stands, flanked by State Police security guards.

"It is a means of transportation that is occasionally used as the schedule demands," said Christie spokesman Michael Drewniak in an email. "This has historically been the case in prior administrations as well, and we continue to be judicious in limiting its use."

The governor had no public events on his schedule, offering no insight to where he might have been traveling from. He had a private meeting at 6:30 p.m. at Drumthwacket, the governor's mansion, in Princeton. He is meeting with a group of Iowa donors who have publically expressed a desire to persuade him to run for president in 2012.

Christie was ferried to the field in a brand-new AugustaWestland helicopter, purchased at a cost to taxpayers of $12.5 million.

The State Police has received two of the five helicopters purchased so far, according to testimony from Attorney General Paula Dow during a May budget hearing. They were purchased to replace aging Sikorsky helicopters that the State Police have flown for about two decades.

The helicopters, which can reach nearly 200 miles per hour with its twin turbo-shaft engines, are designed for homeland security duties and transporting critically injured patients.

http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2011/05/gov_christie_arrives_at_sons_h.html

KILLER_CLOWN
05-31-2011, 10:21 PM
Well at least he wasn't sending squad cars to pick up his hoes a la Giuliani.

Pitt Gorilla
05-31-2011, 10:37 PM
LMAO

redsurfer11
06-01-2011, 04:27 AM
It can take 3 hours to drive 10 miles in NJ. Nothing to see here. Good to see a parent attending his kids games.

notorious
06-01-2011, 06:22 AM
Wow, for someone trying to cut budgets, flying a helicopter to a baseball game is......strange.

I like Christy, but this is stupid.

4th and Long
06-01-2011, 09:11 AM
Wow, for someone trying to cut budgets, flying a helicopter to a baseball game is......strange.

this is stupid.
This x 1,000,000

Brock
06-01-2011, 09:16 AM
We need more of your money.

mikey23545
06-01-2011, 09:34 AM
If this is the worst thing that can be brought up about him, libs are pretty desperate.

That said, he should know better in this age of liberal media scrutiny.

Mr. Flopnuts
06-01-2011, 09:47 AM
If this is the worst thing that can be brought up about him, libs are pretty desperate.

LMAO I love the partisan bullshit on this board. It seriously cracks me the fuck up.

Brock
06-01-2011, 09:48 AM
LMAO I love the partisan bullshit on this board. It seriously cracks me the fuck up.

No shit, make this a democrat and the only thing that changes is the names of the people screaming about it. :LOL:

mikey23545
06-01-2011, 09:49 AM
LMAO I love the partisan bullshit on this board. It seriously cracks me the **** up.

I've sought your level of divine detachment, but have yet to reach it.

Enjoy your superiority, Oh Enlightened One.

Taco John
06-01-2011, 09:51 AM
It can take 3 hours to drive 10 miles in NJ. Nothing to see here. Good to see a parent attending his kids games.

Using the state emergency helicopters to fly into a little league game, and then taking a limo 100 yards is something to see. It's a spectacle, and an expensive one at that.

RNR
06-01-2011, 09:52 AM
Using the state emergency helicopters to fly into a little league game, and then taking a limo 100 yards is something to see. It's a spectacle, and an expensive one at that.

Agreed and the type of waste that pisses me off~

Taco John
06-01-2011, 09:52 AM

I'm not a lib. I've actually been a fan of Chris Christie. Not so impressed with him right now.

alpha_omega
06-01-2011, 10:04 AM
Not a smart move on his part. He should have known he would be skewered for something like this.

But, i still like the guy.

mlyonsd
06-01-2011, 10:07 AM
How would you like to have been the son.....having your dad stop the game so he could leave. Unless of course the coach asked him to leave to buy a little more time for the new pitcher to warm up.