PDA

View Full Version : Media Glenn Beck. Why the hate?

LOCOChief
06-01-2011, 07:45 AM
Ok so we hear all the lefties, liberals, progressives, dems, and even some self proclaimed conservatives demonize him and I have to ask why? It is like they’re scared to death of this guy. The guy doesn’t report the news; he does a 60 minute commentary everyday that draws roughly 2-3 million viewers with each episode. I admit the guy is a little too theatrical for my taste but I have heard nothing that he says that in my mind should or would set a true red blooded American off. He suggests that we confront the perils of these days with faith, hope, and charity. I have to take him at his word when he talks of his love for God, family and country because he speaks of them often.
So what has he said that that you find so horrible?
And finally, why is he the only person talking about much of this stuff?

Jaric
06-01-2011, 08:01 AM
I have a problem hating someone I can't take seriously. Based on what little I've seen of him, Glenn Beck seems to fit into this category.

LOCOChief
06-01-2011, 08:05 AM
I have a problem hating someone I can't take seriously. Based on what little I've seen of him, Glenn Beck seems to fit into this category.

Do you wish you would've taken him seriously when he had the audaciousness to suggest gold at $600 bucks an ounce?

Jaric
06-01-2011, 08:08 AM
Do you wish you would've taken him seriously when he had the audaciousness to suggest gold at $600 bucks an ounce?

I guess?

I'm not quite sure what your point here is, but it was pretty apparent to me after a few minutes of watching that Beck is a clown. He might make a cognizent point occasionally, but he's still a clown.

But by all means please don't my opinion of him stop you from trusting his financial advice.

LOCOChief
06-01-2011, 08:14 AM
But by all means please don't my opinion of him stop you from trusting his financial advice.

Oh I don't think that I would do something like that I don't even know you.

Do you remember during those brief few minutes that you did watch him what he could have said for you to determine that he is a clown?

I really am curious were this comes from.

Ugly Duck
06-01-2011, 11:50 AM
So what has he said that that you find so horrible?

"This president I think has exposed himself over and over again as a guy who has a deep-seated hatred for white people" Obama hates his mother?

"I'm thinking about killing Michael Moore, and I'm wondering if I could kill him myself, or if I would need to hire somebody to do it. ... No, I think I could. Is this wrong?" Killing people is a no-no

"When I see a 9/11 victim family on television, or whatever, I'm just like, 'Oh shut up' I'm so sick of them because they're always complaining." What do they have to complain about?

"The only [Katrina victims] we're seeing on television are the scumbags." Judge much?

"Al Gore's not going to be rounding up Jews and exterminating them. It is the same tactic, however. The goal is different. The goal is globalization...And you must silence all dissenting voices. That's what Hitler did." Wha??

"So here you have Barack Obama going in and spending the money on embryonic stem cell research. ... Eugenics. In case you don't know what Eugenics led us to: the Final Solution. A master race!" Cockoo-cuckoo!

And finally, why is he the only person talking about much of this stuff?

"Finally, a guy who says what people who aren't thinking are thinking." –Jon Stewart, on the "The Daily Show"

ClevelandBronco
06-01-2011, 12:20 PM
I don't hate the weasel.

Bewbies
06-01-2011, 12:37 PM
"This president I think has exposed himself over and over again as a guy who has a deep-seated hatred for white people" Obama hates his mother?

"I'm thinking about killing Michael Moore, and I'm wondering if I could kill him myself, or if I would need to hire somebody to do it. ... No, I think I could. Is this wrong?" Killing people is a no-no

"When I see a 9/11 victim family on television, or whatever, I'm just like, 'Oh shut up' I'm so sick of them because they're always complaining." What do they have to complain about?

"The only [Katrina victims] we're seeing on television are the scumbags." Judge much?

"Al Gore's not going to be rounding up Jews and exterminating them. It is the same tactic, however. The goal is different. The goal is globalization...And you must silence all dissenting voices. That's what Hitler did." Wha??

"So here you have Barack Obama going in and spending the money on embryonic stem cell research. ... Eugenics. In case you don't know what Eugenics led us to: the Final Solution. A master race!" Cockoo-cuckoo!

"Finally, a guy who says what people who aren't thinking are thinking." –Jon Stewart, on the "The Daily Show"

I bet you watch his show and listen to him on the radio to make sure you got those quotes in proper context--or that they're even accurate. LMAO

People are almost as deranged over Glenn Beck as they are for Sarah Palin. LMAO

Lzen
06-01-2011, 12:40 PM
I bet you watch his show and listen to him on the radio to make sure you got those quotes in proper context--or that they're even accurate. LMAO

People are almost as deranged over Glenn Beck as they are for Sarah Palin. LMAO

So true. I have not heard most of these quotes, but I am gonna take an educated guess that every one of those quotes is out of context. If you don't watch his show or listen to his program, you probably don't get the fact that he makes fun of himself and others quite a bit. They act out stuff making fun of others in the media and they play it to the tilt. So I could see how they may think he means some of that stuff.

LOCOChief
06-01-2011, 01:03 PM
So true. I have not heard most of these quotes, but I am gonna take an educated guess that every one of those quotes is out of context. If you don't watch his show or listen to his program, you probably don't get the fact that he makes fun of himself and others quite a bit. They act out stuff making fun of others in the media and they play it to the tilt. So I could see how they may think he means some of that stuff.

I couldn't agree with this more, and pretty much why I asked the question. I never considered that I might get answers regarding statements that have been taken out of context or just plain fabricated by the poster.

Brock
06-01-2011, 01:27 PM
DON'T GO TO THE CASH FOR CLUNKERS WEBSITE THEY'LL SEEEZE YOUR COMPUTER!!!1

VAChief
06-01-2011, 01:34 PM

Do you remember during those brief few minutes that you did watch him what he could have said for you to determine that he is a clown?

Maybe he is referring to the former dj's own words that he used to describe himself.

Mr. Beck says he believes every word he says on his TV show, and the radio show that he still hosts from 9 a.m. to noon each weekday. [...]
At the same time, though, he says he is an entertainer. “I’m a rodeo clown,” he said in an interview, adding with a coy smile, “It takes great skill.” [...]
He added later: “I say on the air all time, ‘if you take what I say as gospel, you’re an idiot.’“

mnchiefsguy
06-01-2011, 01:37 PM
I don't hate the weasel.

I don't hate Beck either..but can't really listen to him for more than a few minutes. He is so down on everything, and his "world is coming to an end" bit is depressing and old. I have enough stuff going on in life to bring me down if I let it without listening to Beck and his Mr. GrumpyDepressed Pants rountine.

Lzen
06-01-2011, 01:56 PM

Because the MSM and/or libs and progressives told him so?

I found this amusing.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/college-students-sign-petition-to-ban-rush-beck-from-radio-but-love-free-speech/

LOCOChief
06-01-2011, 01:56 PM
I don't hate Beck either..but can't really listen to him for more than a few minutes. He is so down on everything, and his "world is coming to an end" bit is depressing and old. I have enough stuff going on in life to bring me down if I let it without listening to Beck and his Mr. GrumpyDepressed Pants rountine.

Now I understand this and lay off listening for the same reason.

but I do think much of what he says has merrit which makes it more depressing.

LOCOChief
06-01-2011, 01:59 PM

I found this amusing.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/college-students-sign-petition-to-ban-rush-beck-from-radio-but-love-free-speech/

LMAO That's awesome I just forwarded it on to my distribution list.

ClevelandBronco
06-01-2011, 02:09 PM

The "End of the World as We Know It" bullshit helps the weasel sell gold and survival packages. And 'round and 'round it goes.

LOCOChief
06-01-2011, 02:13 PM

I found this amusing.

Isn't it amazing that people want to shut anyone up?

Ed Schultz calls Ingram a slut, encourages voter from from the left, calls republicans every name imaginable but I would never suggest that his voice be stiffled.

Yet the lefties start partying because they think they've drove Beck from the airwaves- whcih apparently they haven't.

mnchiefsguy
06-01-2011, 02:16 PM
The "End of the World as We Know It" bullshit helps the weasel sell gold and survival packages. And 'round and 'round it goes.

Yeah, him shilling gold, etc. takes away from his credibility, in my opinion. He is not the only one though, a lot of radio folks are hocking stuff these days it seems.

LOCOChief
06-01-2011, 02:17 PM

I've never heard him say once that the end of the world is near. If you don't think that things as we've come to know them are changing you're head is in the sand.

Changes he's spoke of:
Our relationship with Isreal
The value of the dollar.
The cost of gasoline.

Furthermore he suggests that we approach these trials with Faith, Hope and Charity.

What in the world could be wrong with that?

ClevelandBronco
06-01-2011, 02:19 PM
I've never heard him say once that the end of the world is near. If you don't think that things as we've come to know them are changing you're head is in the sand.

Changes he's spoke of:
Our relationship with Isreal
The value of the dollar.
The cost of gasoline.

Furthermore he suggests that we approach these trials with Faith, Hope and Charity.

What in the world could be wrong with that?

What are you — the weasel's press agent?

Change is the only constant, dude, and I don't need Glenn Beck to teach me about anything. Ever.

LOCOChief
06-01-2011, 02:20 PM
Yeah, him shilling gold, etc. takes away from his credibility, in my opinion. He is not the only one though, a lot of radio folks are hocking stuff these days it seems.

Hmmm, you do know what the dollar is doing right?

You do know what the value of gold has done since he started talking about it, right?

You do know that as a country we can't even afford the interest on our current debt right?

At least he's not telling you that burning food for gas is good like a lot of politicians.

LOCOChief
06-01-2011, 02:22 PM
What are you — the weasel's press agent?

No, I'm just a normal nobody.

But I just don't get where all the hate for the guy comes from and I can never get anyone to substantiat their hatred for him logically.

JohnnyV13
06-01-2011, 02:35 PM
I can't stand Glenn Beck b/c of his terrible reasoning.

The fact is, Glenn Beck appeals to idiots. He encourages people not to think; but, instead to respond to hysterical screaming. Everything he doesn't like relates to either communists, or nazi's and he makes repeatedly cheap arguments to imply that his political opponents want to commit stalin-like or hitler-like atrocities.

Glenn Beck is also an egomaniac, who will tell his audience that only he, and the ideas he promotes in his program, can save America. When the reality is that America would be just fine without Glenn Beck. In fact, the Glenn Beck program probably lowers the collective IQ of America by at least 2 points.

LOCOChief
06-01-2011, 02:40 PM
I can't stand Glenn Beck b/c of his terrible reasoning.

The fact is, Glenn Beck appeals to idiots. In fact, the Glenn Beck program probably lowers the collective IQ of America by at least 2 points.

I know and thank god or better yet thank you for being the genius that helps us sort it all out. :clap:

redsurfer11
06-01-2011, 02:54 PM
The only problem with Mr. Beck is....... He keeps getting 99.5% of everything right. The Left can't stand that they're being exposed.

Dave Lane
06-01-2011, 03:00 PM
I don't hate the guy. He's too much of a joke to be taken seriously. What does scare me is there might be some people who do take him seriously.

RedNeckRaider
06-01-2011, 03:02 PM
Because he is a fear mongering right wing shill and nothing more. Let alone the I was broke and became a Mormon (don't even get me started on those idiots) and God blessed me with wealth bullshit. I still think he is a left wing plant as he does more to discredit the right than anything else. He is a master at half truths and spins them into ridiculous statements. FTR I am an independent that leans to the right so save the lefty take~

RedNeckRaider
06-01-2011, 03:02 PM
I don't hate the guy. He's too much of a joke to be taken seriously. What does scare me is there might be some people who do take him seriously.

Rep~

Radar Chief
06-01-2011, 03:16 PM

The fake crying :BS:.
I can’t stand that.

JohnnyV13
06-01-2011, 03:29 PM
I know and thank god or better yet thank you for being the genius that helps us sort it all out. :clap:

I actually gave you the basic "logical" reasons why people don't like him.

1) Poor reasoning
2) Guilt by association to atrocities with tenuous logical connections
3) Hysterical screaming
4) low brow appeal
5) egomania "Only, I and my ideas can save America"
6) numerous ad hominem attacks (sort of goes with 2)

Of course, I added some ad hominems at him and his audience; but, then, I thought they were necessary since if Glenn Beck appeals to you, then you must think its a legitimate rhetorical technique.

Now, think about how insulted you were when I implied you were an idiot because Glenn Beck appeals to you e.g. "The fact is, Glenn Beck appeals to idiots". Go back and watch Glenn Beck, and you will see all kinds of implied ad hominem attacks against people who don't agree with him seeded into his speech. This, statement of mine should precisely show you why Glenn Beck is despised on the emotional level as well as for bad reasoning.

Glenn Beck, in fact, reminds me of former speaker of the House Dick Gephardt. Gephardt couldn't speak 3 sentances without including a conditional ad hominem attack against people who didn't agree with him. There is no room for good faith disagrement in Glenn Beck's world, everyone who doesn't think like him has either severe character flaws or is conspiring to commit mass atrocities.

Btw, it doesn't take genious (cp spelling) to see any of this. You only have to know a little bit about argument construction, logical fallacies (you can search them on the net, you will find Glenn Beck uses a huge amount of them in his "reasoning") and skepticism about what he is saying. If you have an intuitive bias in favor of Beck's views, you're likely to see none of it.

Pitt Gorilla
06-01-2011, 03:33 PM
What does scare me is there might be some people who do take him seriously.I don't believe that at all.

RedNeckRaider
06-01-2011, 03:35 PM
I don't believe that at all.

LMAO the fact anyone does amazes me~

talastan
06-01-2011, 03:44 PM
Glenn Beck is also an egomaniac, who will tell his audience that only he, and the ideas he promotes in his program, can save America.

FTR I listen to Beck regularly and have NEVER heard him say this, if you could provide some proof I'd be happy to look into it. You may not agree with what he believes and says, but the statement above is a lie as I've never heard him say that HE or his ideas would save America. What he has said is that we can turn back to the princples of our Founding Fathers, and with Faith, Hope, and Charity we (as a people) can save America. Please provide proof of the above.

Jenson71
06-01-2011, 04:45 PM
No, I'm just a normal nobody.

But I just don't get where all the hate for the guy comes from and I can never get anyone to substantiat their hatred for him logically.

I hate how he thinks he's the paragon of Americana. But, that's how he makes his money and gets his followers like yourself. He wouldn't be a populist demagogue if he didn't preface his right-wing ideology with exclamations of God and Country and the Revered Founding Fathers.

I'm also deeply annoyed with anyone who professes to be an expert on American history when they haven't done 1/10 of the work and research that I've done on the subject. I seriously doubt Glenn Beck has ever read 1/5 of the Federalist Papers, but he babbles on about them like he's some damned scholar. No, he's a radio talk show host, with no formal education or any indication of informal education on the subjects he talks about.

He gets his ideas from a team of researchers that work for him and feed him. You know the books he writes? Someone else writes them.

He's a fraud.

stevieray
06-01-2011, 06:05 PM
The only problem with Mr. Beck is....... He keeps getting 99.5% of everything right. The Left can't stand that they're being exposed.

.....that about sums it up.

Jenson71
06-01-2011, 06:14 PM

That sums it up completely!!!

stevieray
06-01-2011, 06:16 PM
daddy beat me!!!!

i'm sorry.

Jenson71
06-01-2011, 06:20 PM
Funny child abuse joke, stevie. I look forward to your daughter molestation ones.

stevieray
06-01-2011, 06:23 PM
Funny child abuse joke, stevie.

it's not funny. it's sad. it makes their sons mean.

Jenson71
06-01-2011, 06:25 PM
it's not funny. it's sad. it makes their sons mean.

Do you think I am I being mean to you?

NewChief
06-01-2011, 06:25 PM
i'm sorry.

You're giving SS a run for biggest dumbass in DC these days. Seriously. Do you just come in here when you're drunk or something? Have you not noticed that not many people, even those aligned with you politically, post in support of your idiocy?

The sad part is that I think you believe you're coming off as clever or wise, but the truth is that you're coming off as pathetic and senile.

I've pretty much not engaged you lately in fear of encouraging you to post more, but I'm feeling like clearing the air.

stevieray
06-01-2011, 06:26 PM
Do you think I am I being mean to you?

:LOL:

stevieray
06-01-2011, 06:28 PM
You're giving SS a run for biggest dumbass in DC these days. Seriously. Do you just come in here when you're drunk or something? Have you not noticed that not many people, even those aligned with you politically, post in support of your idiocy?

The sad part is that I think you believe you're coming off as clever or wise, but the truth is that you're coming off as pathetic and senile.

I've pretty much not engaged you lately in fear of encouraging you to post more, but I'm feeling like clearing the air.

LMAO to whom am I politcally aligned with?

dumbass
idiocy
drunk
think you're clever (you recently used this on patt, is this your new catch phrase?)
pathetic
senile

shove it up your ass, hypocrit.

Jenson71
06-01-2011, 06:30 PM
The refreshingly familiar resort to a smilie icon for stevieray. You're a lightweight.

stevieray
06-01-2011, 06:38 PM
The refreshingly familiar resort to a smilie icon for stevieray. You're a lightweight.
i'm a lightweight? that's even more hilarious, considering all I did was respond to redsurfer's opinion, and there you are.

Jenson71
06-01-2011, 06:39 PM
i'm a lightweight? that's even more hilarious, considering all I did was respond to redsurfer's opinion, and there you are.

Yes, that's all you did. Daddy beat me, and I'm so mean to you now.

stevieray
06-01-2011, 06:51 PM
Yes, that's all you did. Daddy beat me

....stop whining. I responded with a retaliation...something you've done since you've been here.

i love how the liberals love to dish it out, then pretend to be above it when someone shoves back.

Jenson71
06-01-2011, 06:57 PM
....stop whining. I responded with a retaliation...something you've done since you've been here.

i love how the liberals love to dish it out, then pretend to be above it when someone shoves back.

So . . . daddy beat me because I'm mean to you?

Jaric
06-01-2011, 07:16 PM
Do you guys not see the anger that Glenn Beck causes?!?!

Jenson and Stevieray fighting for no reason other than the subject of Glenn Beck came up.

:shake:

stevieray
06-01-2011, 07:31 PM

Jenson and Stevieray fighting for no reason other than stevieray posted a reply to another poster.

FYP...it's in line with...

I hate Glenn Beck, I think I'll watch his show.

Jenson71
06-01-2011, 07:39 PM
I hate Glenn Beck, I think I'll watch his show.

Do you think that only his supporters should comment on him?

Jenson71
06-01-2011, 07:43 PM

Jenson and Stevieray fighting for no reason other than the subject of Glenn Beck came up.

Don't worry, we also fight when stevieray spouts off with his ignorant anti-Catholicism, and his right-wing revisionist histories.

Bill Parcells
06-01-2011, 07:44 PM

Glenn Beck causes almost the same excitement as ''PATTEEU BANNED FROM PATRIOTS PLANET'' did

ROFL

Jenson71
06-01-2011, 07:45 PM
shove it up your ass, hypocrit.

Bitter.

stevieray
06-01-2011, 07:47 PM
Glenn Beck causes almost the same excitement as ''PATTEEU BANNED FROM PATRIOTS PLANET'' did

ROFL
it is pretty funny, but I really just need your validation...will you be politically aligned with me?

lol

NewChief
06-01-2011, 07:48 PM
dumbass
idiocy
drunk
think you're clever (you recently used this on patt, is this your new catch phrase?)
pathetic
senile

Patt actually is clever, and I respect him. You... not so much.

Bill Parcells
06-01-2011, 07:51 PM
it is pretty funny, but I really just need your validation...will you be politically aligned with me?

lol

LOL! New chief told me one time ''that I used to be an ok guy'' before I started picking on ZACH ROFL Is he protector of all juvenile liberals in this forum?

stevieray
06-01-2011, 07:51 PM
Patt actually is clever, and I respect him. You... not so much.

...don't care. we're talking about an admitted elitist hiding behind a computer.

mnchiefsguy
06-01-2011, 07:52 PM
I hate how he thinks he's the paragon of Americana. But, that's how he makes his money and gets his followers like yourself. He wouldn't be a populist demagogue if he didn't preface his right-wing ideology with exclamations of God and Country and the Revered Founding Fathers.

I'm also deeply annoyed with anyone who professes to be an expert on American history when they haven't done 1/10 of the work and research that I've done on the subject. I seriously doubt Glenn Beck has ever read 1/5 of the Federalist Papers, but he babbles on about them like he's some damned scholar. No, he's a radio talk show host, with no formal education or any indication of informal education on the subjects he talks about.

He gets his ideas from a team of researchers that work for him and feed him. You know the books he writes? Someone else writes them.

He's a fraud.

While I am not a Beck supporter...this sounds very elitist to me. How do you know what Beck has read and not read? Is he not capable of reading the Federalist Papers? Or are you saying because he did not study them at an elitist higher education facility that he is incapable of understanding them? This post reeks of that attitude of the educational liberal elitist...that one cannot know or understand something unless it is taught to them by some college "scholar".

To be fair, Beck takes full advantage of this type of attitude and very shrewdly portrays himself as the common man, without much education, etc, and he uses it to stir up anger towards what he defines as the liberal elitist.

Dave Lane
06-01-2011, 07:53 PM
I don't believe that at all.

I think you are totally wrong. I've met numerous people who think he's completely the man to be our next president :(

Look at his 200,000 person rally. Trust me there's one born every minute.

stevieray
LOL! New chief told me one time ''that I used to be an ok guy'' before I started picking on ZACH ROFL Is he protector of all juvenile liberals in this forum?

you'll take shiity to the grave!!!!!!

NewChief

You're still an okay guy in my book. Not great... but definitely okay. ;)

mnchiefsguy
06-01-2011, 07:57 PM
I think you are totally wrong. I've met numerous people who think he's completely the man to be our next president :(

Look at his 200,000 person rally. Trust me there's one born every minute.

Beck as President....any talk show host as President would be a scary thought.

Jenson71
06-01-2011, 07:58 PM
While I am not a Beck supporter...this sounds very elitist to me. How do you know what Beck has read and not read? Is he not capable of reading the Federalist Papers? Or are you saying because he did not study them at an elitist higher education facility that he is incapable of understanding them? This post reeks of that attitude of the educational liberal elitist...that one cannot know or understand something unless it is taught to them by some college "scholar".

To be fair, Beck takes full advantage of this type of attitude and very shrewdly portrays himself as the common man, without much education, etc, and he uses it to stir up anger towards what he defines as the liberal elitist.

I don't know what he has read or not read. But, as I said, I seriously doubt he has read the primary documents that he bases his entire media personality on.

And I mentioned "informal education" which I mean to be picking up a book on your own and really reading it. No, I admit, I don't know that Beck hasn't read the Federalist Papers. He just comes across as one of the last people on earth who would sit down and really focus on them.

Which makes sense. He never had a formal higher education, he was an alcoholic, a radio dj, and now runs a media company. I wouldn't expect him to have the time in between all that to become fluent in American history by reading the primary documents that shaped it.

Have you ever listened to or watched Glenn Beck? He comes across as the type of person who whined if his parents bought him a book for his birthday.

notorious
06-01-2011, 08:09 PM

Context. Context.

Brock
06-01-2011, 08:30 PM

Is that really what you think?

Pitt Gorilla
06-01-2011, 08:40 PM

I've pretty much not engaged you lately in fear of encouraging you to post more, but I'm feeling like clearing the air.It really is strange. It hits a different level when he feels the need to question someone else's Christianity or relationship with God.

Pitt Gorilla
06-01-2011, 08:42 PM

Look at his 200,000 person rally. Trust me there's one born every minute.My father-in-law is just about completely insane and is as much of a RWNJ as there is. Yet, he thinks Beck is too far out there.

stevieray
06-01-2011, 09:47 PM
Is that really what you think?

I used 'about' in the context of almost. I would add a couple of caveats based on what I've seen in the past.

obviously, it's what redsurfer thinks.

Ugly Duck
06-02-2011, 12:09 AM
<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/JngI1_8beoA?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/JngI1_8beoA?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/nNOku6QP4UM?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/nNOku6QP4UM?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

ClevelandBronco
06-02-2011, 12:35 AM
<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/JngI1_8beoA?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/JngI1_8beoA?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

I owe you an apology. Any post that includes a piece that I haven't seen from Lewis Black is a great post. (Hell, if it includes a piece that I have seen from Lewis Black, it's still a great post.)

Now why did you have to **** it all up with that worthless idiot Jon Stewart?

Some people are funny, and some just try way too hard.

|Zach|
06-02-2011, 01:00 AM
I don't have any hate for him. Don't think he is a bad guy.

He is just an obvious and incredible phony is all.

JohnnyV13
06-02-2011, 01:46 AM
''God is giving a plan I think to me that is not really a plan. ... The problem is that I think the plan that the Lord would have us follow is hard for people to understand. ... Because of my track record with you who have been here for a long time. Because of my track record with you, I beg of you to help me get this message out, and I beg of you to pray for clarity on my part.''
—Glenn Beck, ''The Glenn Beck Program,'' April 20, 2010

Yeah, Glenn Beck is just a humble little guy that thinks he's speaking for God.

lostcause
06-02-2011, 02:04 AM
I dunno, he just kind of reminds me of Harold Camping and Rebecca Black... He doesn't really do anything productive for society and really doesn't have anything worthwhile to say... Yet he's still famous and people listen to him. Go figure.

LOCOChief
06-02-2011, 04:11 AM
Because he is a fear mongering right wing shill and nothing more. Let alone the I was broke and became a Mormon (don't even get me started on those idiots) and God blessed me with wealth bullshit. ~

I know a few Mormons, very devoted people. The one I know are educated, and extremely kind. But you are pr0bably right, the most liklely idiots.

LOCOChief
06-02-2011, 04:17 AM
[QUOTE=Jenson71;7673768] But, that's how he makes his money and gets his followers like yourself. QUOTE]

I'm not much of a follower. But your problem seems to be that he's not the scholor that you are.

Most of the responses from his detractors are just about as arrogant as yours (but not quite)

|Zach|
06-02-2011, 05:30 AM
I just have no idea how someone could have seen that whole healthcare schtick he had where one moment the US had the best health system in the country and in 16 months (during which he moved from CNN to fox) it was suddenly horrible and an embarrassment as a system.

That is just one of the examples but it seemed to me to be the most glaring leaving any Beck fan shaking their head.

talastan
06-02-2011, 07:34 AM
''God is giving a plan I think to me that is not really a plan. ... The problem is that I think the plan that the Lord would have us follow is hard for people to understand. ... Because of my track record with you who have been here for a long time. Because of my track record with you, I beg of you to help me get this message out, and I beg of you to pray for clarity on my part.''
—Glenn Beck, ''The Glenn Beck Program,'' April 20, 2010

Yeah, Glenn Beck is just a humble little guy that thinks he's speaking for God.

Okay Johnny, I'm going to ask here, where in that quote does he say he's speaking for God? He does say that he believes God is speaking to him. If any Christian is true to their faith then they generally believe that God speaks to each of us. He also asks people to spread the word and to pray for him. Nothing mentioned about how he speaks FOR God. Try again....

Rausch
06-02-2011, 07:36 AM
He annoys me to no end...

RedNeckRaider
06-02-2011, 08:22 AM
I know a few Mormons, very devoted people. The one I know are educated, and extremely kind. But you are pr0bably right, the most liklely idiots.

Ok they are educated however their beliefs are bizarre and racist but that is another subject. As far as Beck I just hope you take the time to research what he says. I see him as nothing more than a fear monger and charlatan~

LOCOChief
06-02-2011, 09:26 AM
Okay Johnny, I'm going to ask here, where in that quote does he say he's speaking for God? Nothing mentioned about how he speaks FOR God. Try again....

thanks for pointing this out, I couldn't find where he said that either.

LOCOChief
06-02-2011, 09:35 AM
Ok they are educated however their beliefs are bizarre and racist but that is another subject. As far as Beck I just hope you take the time to research what he says. I see him as nothing more than a fear monger and charlatan~

There are more than a few people that think that this country is in trouble in so many ways and Beck is just one of them. Doesn't make us fear mongers.

Mormons racist? geez where do you come up with this shit?

RedNeckRaider
06-02-2011, 09:38 AM
There are more than a few people that think that this country is in trouble in so many ways and Beck is just one of them. Doesn't make us fear mongers.

Mormons racist? geez where do you come up with this shit?

The Mormon Church taught for years that the reason blacks were black and inferior was because in the pre-Earth life, there was a war in Heaven, and they were less valiant than the whites. So God cursed them with a black skin. Also, the Book of Mormon teaches the reason why the Indians have darker skin was because of a curse for being unrighteous. Maybe you do not see that as racist...I do~

JohnnyV13
06-02-2011, 10:45 AM
Okay Johnny, I'm going to ask here, where in that quote does he say he's speaking for God? He does say that he believes God is speaking to him. If any Christian is true to their faith then they generally believe that God speaks to each of us. He also asks people to spread the word and to pray for him. Nothing mentioned about how he speaks FOR God. Try again....

You really are a converted sycophant, aren't you?

Then again, confronting reality would make you realize how stupid you have been, which you don't want to do.

Ok, fine, Glenn Beck thinks God is speaking to him. But, Gosh, God's plan is "hard to understand". Of course, presumably, Glenn Beck understands. That's why he talks about his "track record" with his audience. "Its hard to understand, BUT I DO!"

So, if he's asking his audience to "spread the word" and "I think God's plan is hard to understand" as in "i know you may not understand it, but I do; and gosh, look at my track record, so spread the word!" then how is he doing anything but speaking for God?

You presume that some preacher that uses the right formulations when speaking about God isn't an egomaniac. However, to think you have some special insight or understanding of God that others do not requires its own kind of egomania.

Then again, you won't accept it without "smoking gun quotes". The fact that Glenn Beck will say things like "you will only hear this from me" or "only I am talking about this...", followed by "if we don't stop the progressives from doing this, then America is doomed", well guess what...Glenn Beck is then effectively saying that "America is doomed without me and the ideas on my show".

Then again, analyzing the underpinnings behind Glenn Beck's persuasion would reqiure thought, and since you listen to Beck and are also, apparently, a devout christian, you probably don't like to do that. You like stuff spoon fed so you can shout "AMEN!".

Which probably goes a long way toward explaining Beck's appeal.

ClevelandBronco
06-02-2011, 10:56 AM
The Mormon Church taught for years that the reason blacks were black and inferior was because in the pre-Earth life, there was a war in Heaven, and they were less valiant than the whites. So God cursed them with a black skin. Also, the Book of Mormon teaches the reason why the Indians have darker skin was because of a curse for being unrighteous. Maybe you do not see that as racist...I do~

The Masons tried to teach me something similar back in the day, except that it had to do with the descendants of Cain being marked with dark skin. Not that that made a hell of a lot of sense if they also believed that the flood destroyed everyone except those on the ark. Maybe they had a good answer for that. I didn't think to ask at the time.

The argument that ensued led to me resigning from DeMolay, because I was only there for the free pool table and it wasn't worth listening to a bunch of bullshit for free pool.

Anyway, how many presidents, senators, and Supreme Court justices have been Masons?

talastan
06-02-2011, 11:24 AM
You really are a converted sycophant, aren't you?

Then again, confronting reality would make you realize how stupid you have been, which you don't want to do.

Ok, fine, Glenn Beck thinks God is speaking to him. But, Gosh, God's plan is "hard to understand". Of course, presumably, Glenn Beck understands. That's why he talks about his "track record" with his audience. "Its hard to understand, BUT I DO!"

So, if he's asking his audience to "spread the word" and "I think God's plan is hard to understand" as in "i know you may not understand it, but I do; and gosh, look at my track record, so spread the word!" then how is he doing anything but speaking for God?

You presume that some preacher that uses the right formulations when speaking about God isn't an egomaniac. However, to think you have some special insight or understanding of God that others do not requires its own kind of egomania.

Then again, you won't accept it without "smoking gun quotes". The fact that Glenn Beck will say things like "you will only hear this from me" or "only I am talking about this...", followed by "if we don't stop the progressives from doing this, then America is doomed", well guess what...Glenn Beck is then effectively saying that "America is doomed without me and the ideas on my show".

Then again, analyzing the underpinnings behind Glenn Beck's persuasion would reqiure thought, and since you listen to Beck and are also, apparently, a devout christian, you probably don't like to do that. You like stuff spoon fed so you can shout "AMEN!".

Which probably goes a long way toward explaining Beck's appeal.

So you are using your egomania to make an assumption on what I believe. I see..:hmmm: Again I just asked for a quote that YOU claimed he was saying. If you were stating your interpretation on what he means based off of what you hear, fine; but don't claim the guy has said something that he hasn't. I don't believe any man can claim they know what God is saying to anyone other than themselves. My pastor actually (like Glenn Beck) tells everyone to study for themselves and do their own research. Any good teacher should allow their students to learn for themselves. I don't agree with everything Beck says, or does, based off of my own research.

Remember when you make generalizations like "devout Christians don't like to use thought", that you are just as much an egomaniac as you claim Beck is. Your generalization is based on your perception of some Christians, not all. You sure think alot of yourself to say that ALL Christians act the way you see it.

vailpass
06-02-2011, 11:27 AM
I don't know what he has read or not read. But, as I said, I seriously doubt he has read the primary documents that he bases his entire media personality on.

And I mentioned "informal education" which I mean to be picking up a book on your own and really reading it. No, I admit, I don't know that Beck hasn't read the Federalist Papers. He just comes across as one of the last people on earth who would sit down and really focus on them.

Which makes sense. He never had a formal higher education, he was an alcoholic, a radio dj, and now runs a media company. I wouldn't expect him to have the time in between all that to become fluent in American history by reading the primary documents that shaped it.

Have you ever listened to or watched Glenn Beck? He comes across as the type of person who whined if his parents bought him a book for his birthday.

LOL at 1Ls thinking they have the market cornered on being well read.

vailpass
06-02-2011, 11:29 AM

That didn't stop obama.

Rausch
06-02-2011, 11:35 AM

I see it as being ironic.

Now that they dominate sports, TV, music, and most media.

ClevelandBronco
06-02-2011, 11:40 AM
I see it as being ironic.

Now that they dominate sports, TV, music, and most media.

Hockey and automobile racing would like a word with you.

RedNeckRaider
06-02-2011, 12:15 PM
The Masons tried to teach me something similar back in the day, except that it had to do with the descendants of Cain being marked with dark skin. Not that that made a hell of a lot of sense if they also believed that the flood destroyed everyone except those on the ark. Maybe they had a good answer for that. I didn't think to ask at the time.

The argument that ensued led to me resigning from DeMolay, because I was only there for the free pool table and it wasn't worth listening to a bunch of bullshit for free pool.

Anyway, how many presidents, senators, and Supreme Court justices have been Masons?

I can only speak of my experience with the Masons. Years ago my dad wanted his sons to become Masons. I complied and became a 3rd degree Master Mason. I do not recall being taught anything relating to race. I did not pursue honorary degrees which would of allowed me to join the shrine. I paid my first year dues and never returned. As far as your question from what I have found we had nine founding fathers and fourteen presidents who were Masons. I did not check Supreme Court Justices. I now live in the south and have seen black men with the Mason logo on their cars and have met some with table knockers (rings) I learned that term recently. Strangely I never saw or met a black Mason in Kansas~

JohnnyV13
06-02-2011, 12:35 PM
So you are using your egomania to make an assumption on what I believe. I see..:hmmm: Again I just asked for a quote that YOU claimed he was saying. If you were stating your interpretation on what he means based off of what you hear, fine; but don't claim the guy has said something that he hasn't. I don't believe any man can claim they know what God is saying to anyone other than themselves. My pastor actually (like Glenn Beck) tells everyone to study for themselves and do their own research. Any good teacher should allow their students to learn for themselves. I don't agree with everything Beck says, or does, based off of my own research.

Remember when you make generalizations like "devout Christians don't like to use thought", that you are just as much an egomaniac as you claim Beck is. Your generalization is based on your perception of some Christians, not all. You sure think alot of yourself to say that ALL Christians act the way you see it.

Actually, that's not at all what I'm doing.

I'm completely aware that the attack you bolded is unfair. Its cailed an ad hominem (against the person) attack and is one of the most commonly known logical fallacies (defined in classical rhetoric).

The funny thing about ad hominems though, is people don't usually notice them until they are aimed at THEM, or someone or something they like or admire. If they are aimed at people or entities you don't like, then people see them as "just telling the truth".

So, I aimed an intentionally offensive and condescending ad hominem at you, so you would understand in your gut why people despise Glenn Beck. Because if you watch him, and look for them, Glenn Beck frequently uses the ad hominem.

Usually, he dresses them up slightly. For example, he'll say something like this: if you don't think THIS, then..you're a PROGRESSIVE!". Or, if you support this...then you're a progressive!" Now, when Glenn Beck spends hours tarring PROGRESSIVES with the brush of Hitler and Stalin, then he's turned PROGRESSIVE into an insult (along the lines of torturer and mass murderer).

So when he says to his audience things like, IF you think X,....then you're a progressive! Or...if you don't support THIS, or else you're a progressive, he's using a particular type of persuasion based on what I call a conditional ad hominem.

Basically, you're NONE of those terrible things AS LONG AS YOU THINK THE WAY I WANT YOU TO. Its really 4th grade persuasion. As long as you don't like this loser, then you're one of us. As long as you like this cartoon, then you're one of us. If you don't like what we like, then you're all these bad things...and you don't get to belong with the "cool kids".

Every pundit and politician uses this method to a certain extent, but Glenn Beck uses it so frequently that its his predominant methodology.

ClevelandBronco
06-02-2011, 01:01 PM
(defined in classical rhetoric)

And as God himself knows, this place is all about classical rhetoric.

JohnnyV13
06-02-2011, 01:08 PM
Glenn Beck: liar and hypocrit

http://leestranahan.com/untangling-sherrod-glenn-beck-lies-muddle-story

This site shows Glenn Beck's behavior with respect to the Shirley Sherrod story.

On Beck's radio show, he's attacking Sherrod like everyone else. His contempt and ridicule for her is very obvious.

Yet, a funny thing happens between his radio show and his TV show. The story breaks that indeed, that an edited hack job was done on her.

Suddenly, "context matters".

Then a week later, Glenn Beck says he supported her from the beginning, and was sitting in his office and 'knew something was wrong'.

B.S. THe only reason he didn't put his foot in his mouth was pure luck, due to his programming schedule and how the story broke.

However, the truth wouldn't help the notion of the all knowing and wise Glenn Beck, so he lies about it, presuming that if it wasn't on his TV show, then he didn't say it.

What a hack.

LOCOChief
06-02-2011, 01:18 PM

You say the Mormon church taught that for years, but do they still teach it?

Your accusations of the Morman church sound about as crazy as anything Becks ever said.

JohnnyV13
06-02-2011, 01:26 PM
Here's what Glenn Beck has to say about his biggest fans:

"I say on the air all time, 'if you take what I say as gospel, you're an idiot." —Glenn Beck, New York Times, March 29, 2009

Is it really a stretch for me to say that "Glenn Beck appeals to idiots"?

RedNeckRaider
06-02-2011, 01:30 PM
You say the Mormon church taught that for years, but do they still teach it?

Your accusations of the Morman church sound about as crazy as anything Becks ever said.

LMAO do a little research and get back with me~

Rausch
06-02-2011, 01:37 PM
Hockey and automobile racing would like a word with you.

My list of $3it I don't do on my day off:
1) Drive a low mileage car in circles for hours.
2) Have fake sword fights with french Canadians on ice.
3) Swim with black men...

RedNeckRaider
06-02-2011, 01:50 PM
My list of $3it I don't do on my day off:
1) Drive a low mileage car in circles for hours.
2) Have fake sword fights with french Canadians on ice.
3) Swim with black men...

LMAO

LOCOChief
06-02-2011, 01:51 PM
Here's what Glenn Beck has to say about his biggest fans:

"I say on the air all time, 'if you take what I say as gospel, you're an idiot." —Glenn Beck, New York Times, March 29, 2009

Is it really a stretch for me to say that "Glenn Beck appeals to idiots"?

I think that any man that takes another mans opinions or views as "gospel" is an idiot.

So in this case as others I agree with Beck. Does this mean that I take what he says as gospel?

It's more than a reach to say that Beck say his "biggest fans are idiots".

The guy is not going to alienate his viewers or listeners by calling them "idiots".

Now you on the other hand don't seem to have a problem calling people idiots, at least on the internet.

ClevelandBronco
06-02-2011, 01:55 PM
Kinda depends on which definition of "gospel" he intends. He certainly isn't spreading good news.

NewChief
06-02-2011, 01:56 PM
To get back to the OP. Do you really have to ask? Seriously?

We could make a post:

"Rachel Maddow. Why the hate?" and get basically the flip side of the same coin. It's the game of political punditry. Their job is to engender strong emotion. They want to be polarizing figures.

The opposite of love isn't hate. It's apathy. The worst thing someone like Maddow or Beck could face in their career is for people to be apathetic about them.

go bowe
06-02-2011, 02:02 PM
To get back to the OP. Do you really have to ask? Seriously?

We could make a post:

"Rachel Maddow. Why the hate?" and get basically the flip side of the same coin. It's the game of political punditry. Their job is to engender strong emotion. They want to be polarizing figures.

The opposite of love isn't hate. It's apathy. The worst thing someone like Maddow or Beck could face in their career is for people to be apathetic about them.

why don't you go fishing or something?

we don't need no stinkin common sense and logic around here!!! :cuss: :cuss: :cuss:

LOCOChief
06-02-2011, 02:04 PM
You know I'm really not a big supporter of Becks and I don't frequently listen but when I do I have heard him speak of faith, hope and charity. I have heard him encourage people to pay it forward. Now personally I have a problem with all the theatrics and many times I don't watch because I don't want to see the "train wreck of the day" even though that train wreck happened.

I wasn't completly honost when I said I don't know where the hate comes from as I infact think that I do know and it's the same with Palin it's fear based.

I don't know maybe I'm just not a chickenshit I guess.

Rausch
06-02-2011, 02:07 PM

He strikes me as more of a wing-tard than Rush.

Just me.

But I think he's fucking literally insane, and I'm a conservative...

Dave Lane
06-02-2011, 02:32 PM
He strikes me as more of a wing-tard than Rush.

Just me.

But I think he's ****ing literally insane, and I'm a conservative...

I disagree. I think the whole thing is a facade. I have serious doubts that he believes any of the crap he spews. It's shock jock radio for the simple and illiterate. It's least common denominator broadcasting and it does work.

I think he'd literally blow Obama on stage if it would get him 50,000,000 viewers and dollars.

Brock
06-02-2011, 02:33 PM
You know I'm really not a big supporter of Becks and I don't frequently listen but when I do I have heard him speak of faith, hope and charity. I have heard him encourage people to pay it forward. Now personally I have a problem with all the theatrics and many times I don't watch because I don't want to see the "train wreck of the day" even though that train wreck happened.

I wasn't completly honost when I said I don't know where the hate comes from as I infact think that I do know and it's the same with Palin it's fear based.

You really think anyone is afraid of Palin or Beck?

JohnnyV13
06-02-2011, 02:42 PM
Actually, one of the biggest reasons I despise Glenn Beck is because I've heard his TV show a lot.

My parents are snow birds and stay with me during the winter (I'm single, have a house and live in AZ). My dad has no business being in KC winter with his lungs.

Anyway...my parents are news junkies that listen to a lot of Fox, and my mom listened to Glenn Beck a lot when his show first came on.

Basically, I finally told her not to watch it if I am home, b/c I just can't stand the idiot.

Consequently, I hate Glenn Beck more than any other pundit. Simply because I let him be on in the background out of politeness to my parents and have heard him rant more than any other pundit.

I definitely agree he's much like Rachel Madcow, Keith Olberman and the blond republican lawyer chick that escapes my memory right now.

I find Rachel Maddow fans nearly as stupid as Glenn Beck fans. (The only difference is Maddow OCCASIONALLY does something that resembles reasoning. She does have a Harvard PhD, so apparently remembers how to reason a little bit, but usually chooses not to. I wonder if Glenn Beck even knows how). Mostly, I despise Beck and his fans because of the bad reasoning they're willing to tolerate in order to vicariously enjoy the insults Beck hurls at the other side.

Though, I have heard Glenn Beck admit that he's an "entertainer", which would suggest he doesn't claim to be a journalist (except when he's lying about his "objectivity" and how he "knew something wasn't right" about the Sherrod story).

JohnnyV13
06-02-2011, 02:45 PM
I disagree. I think the whole thing is a facade. I have serious doubts that he believes any of the crap he spews. It's shock jock radio for the simple and illiterate. It's least common denominator broadcasting and it does work.

I think he'd literally blow Obama on stage if it would get him 50,000,000 viewers and dollars.

I completely agree with this. Glenn Beck is 80's morning zoo radio techniques applied to political punditry.

ClevelandBronco
06-02-2011, 02:45 PM

It appears that Obama should be afraid of Beck...

Now on the other hand, Sarah...

LOCOChief
06-02-2011, 02:46 PM

Oh hell yeah. You don't?

ClevelandBronco
06-02-2011, 02:48 PM
...Basically, I finally told her not to watch it if I am home, b/c I just can't stand the idiot.

Consequently, I hate Glenn Beck more than any other pundit...

It's that guilt you feel for saying mean things to the woman who carried you, endured labor, and gave birth to you. She brought orange slices to the Little League games. She bandaged you...

With everything she sacrificed, you begrudge her a little TV?

For shame. For shame.

JohnnyV13
06-02-2011, 02:55 PM
Oh, I can't stand Sarah Palin either.

But that's because my mom loves her, and constantly tries to get me to like her.

My mom likes her, because my mom grew up in rural Missouri and relates to the whole "country common sense" thing that Palin has going on, without recognizing that Palin is certainly "country" but without the "common sense".

To me, Sarah Palin's voice sounds like someone that drinks cough medicine 24/7, and she's always just a little loopy.

Of course, it doesn't help Palin that the first time I really saw her was her Katie Couric interview; and she sounded like a complete dumbass on there.

Palin whines that Couric did a hack job on her, and that she was pushed into bad interview rules by McCain's people (10 hour session, with CBS with full editorial control). REALLY?

Sarah isn't smart enough to stand up for herself against McCain and refuse bad ground rules (that, gosh, common sense would suggest you don't accept; especially, if like Sarah, you have a photo journalism "degree"). Yeah, that's exactly who I want as President.

stevieray
06-02-2011, 02:58 PM
Oh, I can't stand Sarah Palin either.

But that's because my mom loves her, and constantly tries to get me to like her.

My mom likes her, because my mom grew up in rural Missouri and relates to the whole "country common sense" thing that Palin has going on, without recognizing that Palin is certainly "country" but without the "wisdom".

To me, Sarah Palin's voice sounds like someone that drinks cough medicine 24/7, and she's always just a little loopy.

Of course, it doesn't help Palin that the first time I really saw her was her Katie Couric interview; and she sounded like a complete dumbass on there.

Palin whines that Couric did a hack job on her, and that she was pushed into bad interview rules by McCain's people (10 hour session, with CBS with full editorial control). REALLY?

Sarah isn't smart enough to stand up for herself against McCain and refuse bad ground rules (that, gosh, common sense would suggest you don't accept; especially, if like Sarah, you have a photo journalism "degree"). Yeah, that's exactly who I want as President.

your mom sounds nice.

meanwhile, couric is off the air, and palin still draws big crowds.

JohnnyV13
06-02-2011, 02:59 PM
It's that guilt you feel for saying mean things to the woman who carried you, endured labor, and gave birth to you. She brought orange slices to the Little League games. She bandaged you...

With everything she sacrificed, you begrudge her a little TV?

For shame. For shame.

Oh, I told her she could watch it on a television that I can't hear, like in one of the bedrooms.

But the main TV is a 50 inch plasma that's hard not to overhear.

go bowe
06-02-2011, 03:03 PM
Oh, I told her she could watch it on a television that I can't hear, like in one of the bedrooms.

But the main TV is a 50 inch plasma that's hard not to overhear.

bigot, er racist, er egomaniac...

so many insults, so little time... :p :p :p

JohnnyV13
06-02-2011, 03:15 PM
bigot, er racist, er egomaniac...

so many insults, so little time... :p :p :p

Hey, just watch Glenn Beck for 5 minutes. He'll hurl enough insults for all of us.

go bowe
06-02-2011, 03:17 PM
Hey, just watch Glenn Beck for 5 minutes. He'll hurl enough insults for all of us.

LMAO LMAO LMAO

ClevelandBronco
06-02-2011, 03:18 PM

You know who says that kind of stuff?

Nazis.

JohnnyV13
06-02-2011, 03:22 PM
You know who says that kind of stuff?

Nazis.

You're such a PROGRESSIVE!

ClevelandBronco
06-02-2011, 03:25 PM
You're such a PROGRESSIVE!

Oh, NO, you di'n't.

Rausch
06-02-2011, 03:35 PM
It appears that Obama should be afraid of Beck...

:LOL:

KCTitus
06-02-2011, 07:43 PM
I realize Im late to the party here, but I really dont understand the hate...while I think Beck is over the top and very tiring, I think some of what he says is valid. I cannot imagine why any 'liberal' or progressive would care, quite the contrary...they should encourage it. I dont care about those on MSNBC or MSM...they can continue to spout as far as Im concerned, because they cannot win in the battlefield of ideas. Socialism fails, every time. Period.

I read the entire 9 pages and saw the 2009 quotes about him being a rodeo clown, etc....he has definitely changed since 2009. Taking that as your retort, indicates you havent listened in 2+ years if at all. I think his show has gotten way too serious and tedious. The incessant, 'wake up' and 'you have to connect' stuff is tiresome. For me it is much more interesting to make sport of the illogical inconsistencies of the left.

I think his insistence that you read the Federalist Papers and educating yourself about the founding of the country is good. The basic premise is, can man rule himself is valid. Either it's yes, and we continue to try the founders experiment or no, and we go the way of Europe, which is clearly failing.

His most recent rants are the fact that the Obama admin has turned against Israel as our ally in the middle east is a serious problem. The only thing that I can take solace in is that indicates Obama is not the Anti-Christ, as the Anti Christ merges peace between the factions.

I agree that the economy is in serious danger of collapsing and I have invested in precious metals as a safeguard. We cannot continue monetizing our debt and expect the economy not to collapse.

Aside from those two points, I think Beck is tiresome.

notorious
06-02-2011, 07:53 PM
Beck and his clan are entertaining and funny.

He may be a paranoid fuck, but it's worth tuning in for a good laugh.

Ugly Duck
06-03-2011, 12:27 PM
The guy is not going to alienate his viewers or listeners by calling them "idiots".

"I say on the air all time, 'if you take what I say as gospel, you're an idiot." —Glenn Beck

gonefishin53
06-03-2011, 01:50 PM
Since 1980, I've believed that replacing patriotic American's culture of individual responsibility with progressive American's culture of collective entitlement would eventually lead America to financial insolvency. Beck has finally figured out what I've known for decades. Because of this Beck is despised by progressive Americans, IMO.

Bewbies
06-03-2011, 02:17 PM
"I say on the air all time, 'if you take what I say as gospel, you're an idiot." —Glenn Beck

Not surprising you have completely missed the point here.

gonefishin53
06-03-2011, 02:30 PM

I think you left out the part where he tells people to do their own research before believing what any media personality says. In other words, if you don't do your own research and simply take what media personalities say as gospel, you're an idiot.

RedNeckRaider
06-03-2011, 02:34 PM
I think you left out the part where he tells people to do their own research before believing what any media personality says. In other words, if you don't do your own research and simply take what media personalities say as gospel, you're an idiot.

Why he would give that advice is beyond me as he is a master at half truths~

gonefishin53
06-03-2011, 03:08 PM
Why he would give that advice is beyond me as he is a master at half truths~

I think he wants Americans to educate themselves about the serious issues threatening the future of our republic instead of just blindly following media personalities just because they are media personalities.

Beck has no idea how much restructuring of American gov't. and it's responsibilities must be accomplished to achieve fiscal sustainability. But I don't hate him for not recognizing the level of reforms needed for a sustainable American economy and a sustainable American gov't.

Brock
06-03-2011, 05:46 PM
Oh hell yeah. You don't?

Why do you think that?

JohnnyV13
06-03-2011, 05:53 PM
Since 1980, I've believed that replacing patriotic American's culture of individual responsibility with progressive American's culture of collective entitlement would eventually lead America to financial insolvency. Beck has finally figured out what I've known for decades. Because of this Beck is despised by progressive Americans, IMO.

This isn't the only reason Beck is despised.

Anyone who prizes reasoned discourse has ample reason to dislike Beck.

ILChief
06-03-2011, 07:33 PM
http://politicalhumor.about.com/od/stupidquotes/a/glenn-beck-quotes.htm

RedNeckRaider
06-04-2011, 12:45 PM
I think he wants Americans to educate themselves about the serious issues threatening the future of our republic instead of just blindly following media personalities just because they are media personalities.

Beck has no idea how much restructuring of American gov't. and it's responsibilities must be accomplished to achieve fiscal sustainability. But I don't hate him for not recognizing the level of reforms needed for a sustainable American economy and a sustainable American gov't.

A good start for people to educate themselves would be not listening to that idiot~

PunkinDrublic
06-04-2011, 02:41 PM
I can't take seriously anyone that as a grown adult willingly converts to mormonism. I don't trust mormons especially mormons with buzzcuts.

RedNeckRaider
06-04-2011, 03:06 PM
I can't take seriously anyone that as a grown adult willingly converts to mormonism. I don't trust mormons especially mormons with buzzcuts.

He had a great reason. I heard him interviewed and he was down on his luck and God rewarded him with wealth for converting...I kid you not~

PunkinDrublic
06-04-2011, 04:05 PM
He had a great reason. I heard him interviewed and he was down on his luck and God rewarded him with wealth for converting...I kid you not~

I didn't know mormons believed Roger Ailes is a God.

RedNeckRaider
06-04-2011, 04:19 PM
I didn't know mormons believed Roger Ailes is a God.

The Mormon religion is one of the more bizarre set of beliefs I have encountered. I was tempted to start a thread about it as discussing it would be interesting. I have pointed out some of its absurd beliefs here when replying about Mitt Romney and Glen Beck. I was called an ignorant bigot by one guy and crazy by another. When I simply replied with facts both bailed from the conversations~

Frankie
07-26-2011, 12:38 PM
Glenn Beck: Young Norway victims like 'Hitler Youth'

Conservative commentator Glenn Beck compared the victims of the shooting spree at a Norway summer camp to Nazi's youth movement, drawing international ire.

More from TODAY.com

"There was a shooting at a political camp, which sounds a little like the Hitler Youth, or whatever," Beck said on his radio show Monday, which is broadcast on more than 400 stations.

"I mean, who does a camp for kids that's all about politics? Disturbing," Beck said about the Labour Party youth camp on the island of Utoya where 68 people, mostly teens, were killed.

Later in the same show, Beck described Anders Behring Breivik — the Norwegian suspect charged with last week's double massacres — as a "madman."

Former press secretary to Norwegian Prime Minister Jens Stoltenberg, Torbjorn Eriksen, swiftly condemned the U.S. broadcaster for his remarks about the Utoya camp.

"Young political activists have gathered at Utoya for over 60 years to learn about and be part of democracy, the very opposite of what the Hitler Youth was about," Eriksen told the Daily Telegraph. "Glenn Beck's comments are ignorant, incorrect and extremely hurtful."

The massacre on Utoya came hours after a bombing on a government building in central Oslo on Friday. The twin attacks killed at least 76 people, shocking a nation so unaccustomed to violence that police officers there are rarely armed

Eriksen told the Daily Telegraph Beck's remarks were a "new low" for the former Fox News pundit, who left the network earlier this year after sagging ratings and a litany of controversial quotes.

The Hitler Youth was a division of the Nazi Party, made up of teens and and children as young as 10, that existed from 1922 to 1945.

Washington-based activist group The Coalition to Stop Gun Violence called Beck's comparison "absolutely disgusting."

Political camps associated with Beck

Despite his harsh words, Beck actually has some involvement in political youth camps himself. His 9/12 Project — which aims to unite Americans as much as they were on the day following the Sept. 11 attacks — has been running camps for kids this summer. The Utah camp, for example, seeks to provide "heritage-based education for youth, with special focus on the Constitution and the Founding generation."

The Telegraph: Glenn Beck's most controversial comments

On Tuesday, defense lawyer said that Breivik hates "the values of democracy" and he felt it was necessary to launch the attack. "He looks upon himself as a warrior," Geir Lippestat said in a press conference.

Story: Police begin to release IDs of Norway massacre victims
Breivik posted a 1,500-page manifesto online before his attacks which detailed his radical theories about Islam and multiculturalism.

"I want to make this very, very clear: This is the act of a madman," Beck said. "This is the act of somebody who needs to be in prison for the rest of their life."

Beck also said he predicted something like this would happen.
"I warned that this what was coming in Europe ... Last fall I said Europe is going to go into financial trouble and it's also going to go into problems with radical Islam."

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/43895169/ns/world_news-europe/

LOCOChief
07-26-2011, 12:58 PM
Not sure why he made the comparison and I agree that if true it's at the very least stupid. That said, who cares? He didn't say he's glad they were shot he was just saying that a political camp for kids is weird (he should've left it at that) but then went on to say it reminded him of Hitler youth.

Garcia Bronco
07-26-2011, 01:06 PM
Not sure why he made the comparison and I agree that if true it's at the very least stupid. That said, who cares? He didn't say he's glad they were shot he was just saying that a political camp for kids is weird (he should've left it at that) but then went on to say it reminded him of Hitler youth.

Why would that remind him of the Hitler Youth? Clearly he knows little to nothing about the Hitler Youth.

LOCOChief
07-26-2011, 01:19 PM
Why would that remind him of the Hitler Youth? Clearly he knows little to nothing about the Hitler Youth.

I agree he must know little to nothing as you said. I didn't hear him make the comment and given who posted it.... who knows.

I'd bet that it was taken out of context but he's not going to be afforded the benefit of doubt by some and that's ok.

Frankie
07-26-2011, 01:45 PM
I agree he must know little to nothing as you said. I didn't hear him make the comment and given who posted it.... who knows.

Denial much? Yes I posted it. But I didn't pull it out of my ass as Righties routinely do. Did you check the source?

Frankie
07-26-2011, 01:48 PM
Here it is loco:

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/f1QevWEG1fA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

SNR
07-26-2011, 01:51 PM
Good thing we don't have anything like that in this country. Keep the USA Hitlerjugend-frei

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boys/Girls_State

vailpass
07-26-2011, 02:36 PM
So what's the problem?

Jenson71
07-26-2011, 02:45 PM
Glenn Beck ignorantly mouthing off again? His remark that a political camp is dangerous is all the more interesting considering how often he has preached about how right-wing conservatives need to get after the children.

Jenson71
07-26-2011, 02:46 PM
[SIZE="4"]
[B]Political camps associated with Beck

Despite his harsh words, Beck actually has some involvement in political youth camps himself. His 9/12 Project — which aims to unite Americans as much as they were on the day following the Sept. 11 attacks — has been running camps for kids this summer. The Utah camp, for example, seeks to provide "heritage-based education for youth, with special focus on the Constitution and the Founding generation."

LMAO

Baby Lee
07-26-2011, 03:23 PM
Denial much? Yes I posted it. But I didn't pull it out of my ass as Righties routinely do. Did you check the source?

You are quickly approaching penchiefian levels of 'all of the bad in the world is the right's fault, and all of the good in the world is liberal benevolence.'

vailpass
07-26-2011, 03:40 PM
You are quickly approaching penchiefian levels of 'all of the bad in the world is the right's fault, and all of the good in the world is liberal benevolence.'

Attention keepers of the CP lexicon: amy we please add this one?

penchiefian (adj): to ascribe any negative aspect of life or the known universe to the political right and to attribute all positive aspects of existence and being to the political left.

Frankie
07-26-2011, 03:40 PM

Isn't that the truth? ;)

Jaric
07-26-2011, 05:55 PM

Because that is what Glen Beck does. He compares things to Nazi's.

Lewis Black explains better than I can:

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/KZ0mdxXw8Ac" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="390" width="480"></iframe>

EDIT: Please forgive the opening minute or so of Keith Olbermann. It was the only clip I could find of this. I know he's terrible. Just fast forward and pretend you didn't see him.

RedNeckRaider
07-26-2011, 06:50 PM
I have very poor reception where I work and at lunch of the few channels that comes in clearly has this worthless shitbag on. I have checked his show out a handful of times and he has totally left the reservation since leaving FOX. His lead in song says "we will be the king" over and over. He is starting a network and babbles on about fighting the evil rigged media in which he includes FOX. You know because FOX is giving Obama a pass :spock: The guy is a waste of oxygen~

Pitt Gorilla
07-26-2011, 07:44 PM
You are quickly approaching penchiefian levels of 'all of the bad in the world is the right's fault, and all of the good in the world is liberal benevolence.'How do you feel about Sportsshrink, Mad Crapper, LocoChief? I honestly don't recall your commentary.

LOCOChief
07-27-2011, 09:07 AM

I didn't mean any disrespect. The only reason I questioned it in the first place is because it was posted by a filthy nasty ass, anti American, goat fucking Iranian pos.

Pitt Gorilla
07-27-2011, 11:25 AM
I didn't mean any disrespect. The only reason I questioned it in the first place is because it was posted by a filthy nasty ass, anti American, goat ****ing Iranian pos.LMAO UMad?

LOCOChief
07-27-2011, 11:56 AM
LMAO UMad?

define mad

Frankie
07-27-2011, 12:04 PM
define mad

Many definitions. In your case asshole is the apt one.

SNR
07-27-2011, 12:06 PM
I didn't mean any disrespect. The only reason I questioned it in the first place is because it was posted by a filthy nasty ass, anti American, goat fucking Iranian pos.Geez. I know Frankie gets on people's nerves, but holy shit, dude. :shake:

LiveSteam
07-27-2011, 12:11 PM

Eat any Iowa sweet corn yet Frankie.

LOCOChief
07-27-2011, 06:13 PM

First time you and I have agreed. :thumb:

sd4chiefs
08-27-2011, 10:09 PM
Beck is back. What a D-bag. :doh!:

http://religion.blogs.cnn.com/2011/08/27/glenn-beck-hurricane-irene-is-a-blessing/?hpt=hp_c2

Conservative radio host Glenn Beck told listeners Friday that Hurricane Irene, the Category 1 storm that’s working its deadly way up the Eastern Seaboard, is “a blessing from God.”

Beck has long urged his fans to stockpile food in their homes in anticipation of a global food disruption. He said Irene should be construed as a divine warning for those who have ignored that advice.

Jenson71
08-27-2011, 10:34 PM
He just says stupid shit. His media presence is pretty much gone.

SNR
08-27-2011, 10:36 PM
He just says stupid shit. His media presence is pretty much gone.Did he lose his radio show, too?

evenfall
08-28-2011, 01:23 AM
I wonder who made him famous anyway. The "stockpile gold" types?

RedNeckRaider
08-28-2011, 12:22 PM

http://religion.blogs.cnn.com/2011/08/27/glenn-beck-hurricane-irene-is-a-blessing/?hpt=hp_c2

Conservative radio host Glenn Beck told listeners Friday that Hurricane Irene, the Category 1 storm that’s working its deadly way up the Eastern Seaboard, is “a blessing from God.”

Beck has long urged his fans to stockpile food in their homes in anticipation of a global food disruption. He said Irene should be construed as a divine warning for those who have ignored that advice.

That is what fear mongers do, and is what is effective on the idiots who follow them~

stevieray
08-28-2011, 01:50 PM
That is what fear mongers do, and is what is effective on the idiots who follow them~

...isn't that what article is doing? why did he say it was a blessing/warning?

Jaric
08-28-2011, 01:53 PM
I'm surprised he didn't find a way to blame this on Nazis

Jenson71
08-28-2011, 02:11 PM

He said it was a blessing, not a blessing/warning. He said, "If you’ve waited, this hurricane is a blessing. It is a blessing. It is God reminding you — as was the earthquake last week — it’s God reminding you you’re not in control."

No, the article is not fear mongering. And we don't know why he said it, but we can pretty much guess it's because he says stupid things that are irresponsible and lack any bit of thoughtfulness.

stevieray
08-28-2011, 02:12 PM
it’s God reminding you you’re not in control.

...and there it is.

Jenson71
08-28-2011, 02:15 PM
...and there it is.

You believe God "blessed" people with a hurricane to show them that they're not in control? Blessed with destruction? Like Noah's Ark?

Jenson71
08-28-2011, 02:31 PM
And, if so, stevieray, then why did God just break his covenant with Noah? And why break the centuries-old covenant in such a non-dramatic way? I mean the hurricane didn't do that much damage. It was probably a big deal to Glenn Beck, because he lives in NYC. But what about 99% of the rest of the world?

Is it possible Glenn Beck doesn't know what a "blessing" is? Is it possible he was just running his mouth? Or do you really think he has a good understanding of what God's underlying motives are for Hurricane Irene?

stevieray
08-28-2011, 02:50 PM
You believe God "blessed" people with a hurricane to show them that they're not in control? Blessed with destruction? Like Noah's Ark?I think he is using blessing as a noun, while you are interpeting it as a verb.

..he also implied to use it as reminder to be prepared, as in having a food storage...not much different than you asking where to "stockpile" the money you recently inherited.

..do you think that there could be people in Joplin who lost their homes, yet felt blessed to walk away with their lives?

He appears to be taking something bad, and using it for good..(sound familiar?)

Reaper16
08-28-2011, 02:54 PM
..do you think that there could be people in Joplin who lost their homes, yet felt blessed to walk away with their lives?

The problem with that thinking in this discussion is Beck claims that Hurricane Irene and the Virginia earthquake were caused by God. Surely God didn't cause the Joplin tornado. How could anyone love a God who did that?

Jenson71
08-28-2011, 03:12 PM
I think he is using blessing as a noun, while you are interpeting it as a verb.

I don't see how that changes it at all. If Glenn Beck uses it as a noun, it is still God who is doing the blessing. God sends us a blessing is the same thing as God blessing us.

..he also implied to use it as reminder to be prepared, as in having a food storage...not much different than you asking where to "stockpile" the money you recently inherited.

He appears to be taking something bad, and using it for good..(sound familiar?)

Do you think anyone in Joplin looked around at their ripped apart neighborhood and said, "This was a blessing from God." Not unless they needed some insurance money, but I still don't think they'd be comfortable with the idea of God destroying their city in order to provide insurance money for someone.

Taking something bad and using it for good is one of the greatest things people can do for their lives. But trying to interpret a bad situation as God bestowing a favor on us so Glenn Beck can sound like a prophet when he told us to be prepared just sounds egotistical and insensitive. It just sounds like his regular stupid shit. There's no need to be a bootlicker on this.

evenfall
08-28-2011, 06:40 PM
Not that I was to dip into the slop here, but in what way would Irene, even if it hadn't lived up to its billing with all the fervor of a Kansas City predicted snowfall - even if Irene had flooded the east coast and killed millions, how would that have constituted a breach of a covenant not to destroy the earth by flood? The deal wasn't no floods ever, or no really bad floods. It was, never again shall all flesh be cut off, and never again the earth destroyed by water.

Jenson71
08-28-2011, 07:01 PM
Not that I was to dip into the slop here, but in what way would Irene, even if it hadn't lived up to its billing with all the fervor of a Kansas City predicted snowfall - even if Irene had flooded the east coast and killed millions, how would that have constituted a breach of a covenant not to destroy the earth by flood? The deal wasn't no floods ever, or no really bad floods. It was, never again shall all flesh be cut off, and never again the earth destroyed by water.

Okay, fine. I guess I always took it a little broader in that God would never use the earth to destroy people because of their sins. Either way, hardly a blessing.

Frankie
08-28-2011, 07:11 PM

Do you agree with Beck here?

Frankie
08-28-2011, 07:13 PM

You mean Nazis in Beck's head, i.e. Democrats. :D

stevieray
08-29-2011, 06:53 AM
God sends us a blessing is the same thing as God blessing us.

....incorrect. this is basic English.

...stomping your feet and throwing out insults doesn't change that.

Dave Lane
08-29-2011, 06:56 AM

Or Obama. Wait aren't those the same things?

Jenson71
08-29-2011, 07:37 AM
....incorrect. this is basic English.

...stomping your feet and throwing out insults doesn't change that.

Who is stomping their feet and throwing out insults?

Can you explain to me why it is different? If God sends us a blessing, what do we call that thing received? Do we not call it a blessing? In other words: If we receive a blessing from God, do we not say that God blessed us?

stevieray
08-29-2011, 07:43 AM
God sends us a blessing is the same thing as God blessing us.

...sends is the action in the first part iof your sentence, blessing is the action in the latter.

Jenson71
08-29-2011, 07:45 AM
...sends is the action in the first part iof your sentence, blessing is the action in the latter.

Yes, I understand that they are grammatically different. Again I'll ask: how does that change anything? Doesn't it come out to the same thing?

Jaric
08-29-2011, 08:19 AM

Yes, I understand that they are grammatically different. Again I'll ask: how does that change anything? Doesn't it come out to the same thing?

It doesn't.

stevieray
08-30-2011, 06:01 AM

no, the word isn't being used a noun and a verb simultaneously.

Blessed are the peacemakers isn't quoted as Blessing are the peacemakers.

bless indicates praise, blessing divine favor.

both words indicate something positive.

..your dislike for Beck tries to equate blessing as a negative.

that in itself is "egotistical and insensitve"...the Scripture also addresses those who scoff and mock those who would do good.

Jenson71
08-30-2011, 06:50 AM

that in itself is "egotistical and insensitve"...the Scripture also addresses those who scoff and mock those who would do good.

You're not making much sense to me. Perhaps you could write with more clarity. We can both agree that Beck called the storm a blessing to some and a reminder from God. It seems clear to me that Beck is saying that God sent this blessing, Irene. How is that not a negative? That seems negative to me. I usually equate God with things like love and peace and beauty, not hurricanes, property damage, and death.

Jaric
08-30-2011, 07:33 AM

So you think that Hurricanes are a blessing then?

Frankie
08-30-2011, 10:59 AM

WTF!!!??? :eek:

I'd love to read Stevie's answer to this. If it ever comes.

RedNeckRaider
08-30-2011, 02:25 PM
WTF!!!??? :eek:

Is that a picture of you in your avatar?

Frankie
08-30-2011, 03:50 PM
Is that a picture of you in your avatar?

Which one?

RedNeckRaider
08-30-2011, 05:58 PM
Which one?

No biggie, I was just puting a face to a poster. I have never met you in real life as I have others here~

stevieray
08-30-2011, 05:59 PM

reaction: so you think framing my thought is clever then?

response: I've made my stance perfectly clear.

Jaric
08-30-2011, 06:12 PM

:spock:

You're using the Chewbacca defense aren't you? That is the only way anything you've posted in this thread makes any sense.

Jaric
08-30-2011, 06:12 PM
Which one?

The one on the right. Is that you frankie?

Reaper16
08-30-2011, 09:54 PM
Stevie, you haven't been "perfectly clear." I still don't understand your refutation of Jenson here.

Frankie
08-31-2011, 12:23 AM
No biggie, I was just puting a face to a poster. I have never met you in real life as I have others here~

I posted this avatar for Sammy. Not one of my best pics. If you want to put a face to this poster try this: ;)

Frankie
08-31-2011, 12:25 AM

Yep. Just as I thought.

Frankie
08-31-2011, 12:26 AM
The one on the right. Is that you frankie?

I wish I were that handsome. :(

orange
08-31-2011, 01:19 AM
I wish I were that handsome. :(

I love that cat. I saw that and I wondered, "what kind of cat has a lion's mane?" The closest thing I could find is a Maine Coon. Am I close?

Guru
08-31-2011, 01:36 AM

Gotta love the media for spinning it as usual.

stevieray
08-31-2011, 06:08 AM
Gotta love the media for spinning it as usual.

ya, pretty obvious to those that don't have an agenda.

Jenson71
08-31-2011, 07:23 AM

Any further response to my last post?

Brock
08-31-2011, 09:21 AM

Who doesn't have an agenda?

Frankie
08-31-2011, 12:22 PM
I love that cat. I saw that and I wondered, "what kind of cat has a lion's mane?" The closest thing I could find is a Maine Coon. Am I close?

No. He was a doll-face Persian. But he was a freak of nature. We think the original breeder just gave it away as the runt of the litter to the family we later got him from. Persians have long hair but not on top of their head. I don't think the breeder liked the fact that he was so different from text book Persians.

Sammy's uniqueness didn't stop at his mane. He had the correct coloration of a lion and the (deformed?) narrow butt that made his torso streamlined, unlike textbook Persian cats. I have gone online and have never been able to find one like him.

Don't laugh, but after we lost Sammy 2.5 weeks ago we gave tissue samples to an animal cell bank to see if they can culture his cells and keep them for us for future. Obviously I cannot afford nor justify the $50K it takes to clone a duplicate. But as someone aptly said, a few years ago, Sammy deserves to have his own breed cultured from him. If we ever get enough investors interested in this we would like to have him cloned as the patriarch of a new Persian breed.

Interested? ;) :)

Here's another pic(s) of him:

redsurfer11
08-31-2011, 03:14 PM
No. He was a doll-face Persian. But he was a freak of nature. We think the original breeder just gave it away as the runt of the litter to the family we later got him from. Persians have long hair but not on top of their head. I don't think the breeder liked the fact that he was so different from text book Persians.

Sammy's uniqueness didn't stop at his mane. He had the correct coloration of a lion and the (deformed?) narrow butt that made his torso streamlined, unlike textbook Persian cats. I have gone online and have never been able to find one like him.

Don't laugh, but after we lost Sammy 2.5 weeks ago we gave tissue samples to an animal cell bank to see if they can culture his cells and keep them for us for future. Obviously I cannot afford nor justify the $50K it takes to clone a duplicate. But as someone aptly said, a few years ago, Sammy deserves to have his own breed cultured from him. If we ever get enough investors interested in this we would like to have him cloned as the patriarch of a new Persian breed.

Interested? ;) :)

Here's another pic(s) of him:

So you were actually shaving your pussy?

BryanBusby
09-01-2011, 02:09 AM
14 pages of Glenn Beck discussion, fantastic.

Beck is a political version of Skip Bayless. If I could troll the fuck out of people while getting rich off of idiots, things would be fantastic.

Really can't hate him; dude's living the American dream.