PDA

View Full Version : Economics 'We can live the American dream' says Obama as jobs take massive hit...

KILLER_CLOWN
06-05-2011, 11:09 PM
'We can live the American dream' says Obama as jobs take massive hit... and almost half those created are at McDonald's

President Barack Obama flew to the Midwest today in an attempt to promote his economic agenda - the same day a damning report revealed the number of jobs plunged in May making it the weakest month this year.

Far fewer workers than expected were hired last month painting a bleak picture for the U.S. economy while the unemployment rate edged up to 9.1 per cent.

The U.S added a minuscule 54,000 new jobs in May and of that 20,000 were created by McDonald's.

The President visited the Chrysler plant in Ohio today to highlight the auto industry's rebound, a rare bright spot in an otherwise sluggish economy.

He told plant workers: ''We can live out the American dream again… that’s what drives me every day I step into the Oval office.

We’ve got to live within our means, everybody’s got to do their part. Middle-class workers like you, though, shouldn’t be bearing all the burden. You work too hard for someone to ask you to pay more so that somebody who’s making millions or billions of dollars can pay less.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1394006/Obama-heads-Ohio-defend-economic-policies-jobless-total-hits-new-high.html#ixzz1OTAvY8Gs

I know Mc Donald's has been on a hiring binge recently, but didn't realize that they had created so many of those private sector jobs about which Obama is boasting.

BIG_DADDY
06-05-2011, 11:31 PM
It's where you eat when you're living on a buck a day. I would like some pink paste chicken McButtnuggets please. Obamacare at it's best. Let them have McButtnuggets.

mikey23545
06-06-2011, 01:04 AM
Hell, when McDonald's figures out what it's going to cost to employ anybody with Obamacare in effect, those jobs should vanish too...

KILLER_CLOWN
06-06-2011, 01:23 PM
Hell, when McDonald's figures out what it's going to cost to employ anybody with Obamacare in effect, those jobs should vanish too...

Mcdonalds is exempt, i see a bright future for their employees.

vailpass
06-06-2011, 01:27 PM
McDonald's is a perfect fit for a Potus that wears clown shoes.

blaise
06-06-2011, 01:30 PM
I agree that we can live out the American Dream. I don't think the opportunity ever went away. I don't get it, is he saying we need him for that?
If you're sitting around waiting for taxes on the wealthy to help you live the American Dream, though, then good luck to you.

stonedstooge
06-06-2011, 01:47 PM
It's where you eat when you're living on a buck a day. I would like some pink paste chicken McButtnuggets please. Obamacare at it's best. Let them have McButtnuggets.

No, living on Dollar General food is a more thrifty way of keeping from starving

chasedude
06-06-2011, 01:49 PM
McDonald's is a perfect fit for a Potus that wears clown shoes.

LMAO Now this really made me laugh out loud!