PDA

View Full Version : Misc Wow! Dramatic air crash footage

Frankie
06-06-2011, 09:27 AM
<iframe width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/w_Cp2anHN3U" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

CaliforniaChief
06-06-2011, 09:35 AM
Wow, that was insane.

Radar Chief
06-06-2011, 09:38 AM
Damn, were there passengers on board? This is the first I’ve heard of it.
Something happened though, the back half of the plane is missing.

Edit: If this is the same one it looks like 153 passengers and 15 crew died.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caspian_Airlines_Flight_7908

Claim a bird strike took out an engine but how that rips the back half of a plane away I don’t know.

Frankie
06-06-2011, 09:47 AM
Damn, were there passengers on board? This is the first I’ve heard of it.
Something happened though, the back half of the plane is missing.

This youtube footage might be mislabeled. I thought at first for sure that it was a passenger plane too, because those Russian TU154s are responsible for unsafe traveling and fairly high number of crashes in Iran. However someone told me that this one might be an Ilyushin IL-76MD military AWACS plane with 7 on board. Both accidents happened in 2009.

Amnorix
06-06-2011, 10:54 AM
Claim a bird strike took out an engine but how that rips the back half of a plane away I don’t know.

Maybe the bird was Rodan?

Frankie
06-06-2011, 11:07 AM
Maybe the bird was Rodan?

If the military plane scenario is this footage it explains the missing tail. That incident was the result of a mid air collision.

Donger
06-06-2011, 12:52 PM
WTF is an F-4 doing there?

Donger
06-06-2011, 12:56 PM
This was apparently an air show. The crashing plane, which was an IL-76, clipped a fighter and they both crashed.

The best part: it was in Iran.

LMAO

Nice find, Frankie!

Frankie
06-06-2011, 01:15 PM
WTF is an F-4 doing there?

Iranians lost most of their F-16s in the Iran-Iraq war. With the costs of that war and the sanctions they are pretty much down to F-4s.

BTW, F-4s are IMO are still far and away the coolest looking jet-fighters.

Frankie
06-06-2011, 01:18 PM
This was apparently an air show. The crashing plane, which was an IL-76, clipped a fighter and they both crashed.

LMAO

Nice find, Frankie!

Russian planes making up most of the domestic flights there have had frequent crashes and resulting civilian victims. But I think this IS the air show incident.

Donger
06-06-2011, 01:19 PM
Iranians lost most of their F-16s in the Iran-Iraq war. With the costs of that war and the sanctions they are pretty much down to F-4s.

BTW, F-4s are IMO are still far and away the coolest looking jet-fighters.

I don't believe that Iran ever had F-16s.

Pitt Gorilla
06-06-2011, 01:21 PM

LMAO

Nice find, Frankie!Why is that funny?

Donger
06-06-2011, 01:22 PM
Why is that funny?

Because Frankie is Iranian.

Pitt Gorilla
06-06-2011, 01:22 PM
Because Frankie is Iranian.That still doesn't seem to make it funny.

Donger
06-06-2011, 01:23 PM
That still doesn't seem to make it funny.

Okay.

Frankie
06-06-2011, 01:24 PM
I don't believe that Iran ever had F-16s.

They did. Most of them were lost or rendered inoperable due to lack of parts and sanctions.

vailpass
06-06-2011, 01:24 PM

Perhaps if you extracted that stick from your anal cavity?

Rain Man
06-06-2011, 01:25 PM

LMAO

Nice find, Frankie!

The Iranians believe in putting on a very entertaining air show.

Donger
06-06-2011, 01:26 PM
They did. Most of them were lost or rendered inoperable due to lack of parts and sanctions.

No, they didn't.

DJ's left nut
06-06-2011, 01:26 PM
Yeah, that's the air show (more accurately, parade). It got clipped by an F-5 Tiger.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009_Iranian_Air_Force_mid-air_collision

As it turns out, that was Iran's only AWACS equipped aircraft at the time, and it went down during a parade for Ahmadinejad.

Rain Man
06-06-2011, 01:27 PM

Didn't they keep a bunch of Iraqi jets from Gulf War 1, too? I remembering thinking it was highly humorous that Iraq flew a bunch of their air force to Iran for safekeeping when they were about to take their first beating, and when it was over Iran said, "Planes? What planes?" I don't think they ever gave them back.

Donger
06-06-2011, 01:29 PM
Yeah, that's the air show (more accurately, parade). It got clipped by an F-5 Tiger.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009_Iranian_Air_Force_mid-air_collision

As it turns out, that was Iran's only AWACS equipped aircraft at the time, and it went down during a parade for Ahmadinejad.

My, my. What a shame.

Frankie
06-06-2011, 01:31 PM
No, they didn't.
For once you are right. They were F-14s. But F-16s were also purchased but never delivered.

Donger
06-06-2011, 01:32 PM
For once you are right. They were F-14s. But F-16s were also purchased but never delivered.

You're welcome.

Chiefs Pantalones
06-06-2011, 01:34 PM

How's Al Queda training going?

Frankie
06-06-2011, 01:37 PM

Donger paints all Iranians, regular citizens or the regime with one brush. Naturally he delights in the death of any Iranian no matter how innocent. The crew of 7 who died in the crash were just doing their military service. It's like someone who is against the Iraq war celebrating the American troops getting killed.

Having said that this thread was not made for political discussions, but if Dongers of the world want to make it so, I hope mods will put it in DC.

Frankie
06-06-2011, 01:39 PM
You're welcome.

Ok so you were not shut out. But I'm still leading 98-1.
;)

Donger
06-06-2011, 01:44 PM
Donger paints all Iranians, regular citizens or the regime with one brush. Naturally he delights in the death of any Iranian no matter how innocent. The crew of 7 who died in the crash were just doing their military service. It's like someone who is against the Iraq war celebrating the American troops getting killed.

Having said that this thread was not made for political discussions, but if Dongers of the world want to make it so, I hope mods will put it in DC.

I'm sure that many non-Americans could not care less when one of our troops is killed.

That being said, do I care that these Iranian airman died? No, not for a second.

vailpass
06-06-2011, 01:45 PM

LMAO

Frankie
06-06-2011, 01:48 PM
I'm sure that many non-Americans could not care less when one of our troops is killed.

That being said, do I care that these Iranian airman died? No, not for a second.

Caring less and actually finding humor in it are two distinctly different things, my friend.

Donger
06-06-2011, 01:50 PM
Caring less and actually finding humor in it are two distinctly different things, my friend.

I was laughing at you, idiot.

Rain Man
06-06-2011, 02:22 PM
I had no idea that we had an Anglo-Iranian War raging on chiefsplanet.

RNR
06-06-2011, 02:26 PM

Try to keep up, we have been waiting on a poll to find out the numbers on both sides~

Radar Chief
06-06-2011, 02:30 PM

Its more just people needling Frankie than an actual “war”.
And the only reason they do that is you’re guaranteed a reaction by talking trash on Iran.

mikey23545
06-06-2011, 03:02 PM
Try to keep up, we have been waiting on a poll to find out the numbers on both sides~

I, for one, stand by our always faithful British ally...

"You ask, What is our policy? I will say; “It is to wage war, by sea, land and air, with all our might and with all the strength that God can give us: to wage war against a monstrous tyranny, never surpassed in the dark lamentable catalogue of human crime. That is our policy.” You ask, What is our aim? I can answer with one word: Victory—victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory there is no survival."

Donger
06-06-2011, 03:25 PM

Meh. I don't agree with or condone Frankie's repeated rather pathetic and transparent attempts to garner sympathy for Iran here. The man has divided loyalties and as a naturalized US citizen (like he is), I don't like it. I don't think that it is acceptable to call yourself "a man of two countries" when you aren't a dual-citizen. In fact, I find it deplorable.

redsurfer11
06-06-2011, 04:49 PM
Iranians can fly.......................................Oops, I was wrong.

Donger
06-06-2011, 04:51 PM
Iranians can fly.......................................Oops, I was wrong.

That's not flying. That's falling with style.

redsurfer11
06-06-2011, 05:00 PM

Very talented people those Iranians.

BillSelfsTrophycase
06-06-2011, 05:03 PM
The only tragedy here is it didn't literally rain on Ahmadinejad's parade

ClevelandBronco
06-06-2011, 05:04 PM
http://www.theodoresworld.net/pics/0906/Iranian_Mark_4_Air_Defence.jpg

Chief Henry
06-06-2011, 05:10 PM

LMAO

Chief Henry
06-06-2011, 05:11 PM
http://www.theodoresworld.net/pics/0906/Iranian_Mark_4_Air_Defence.jpg

:LOL:

Radar Chief
06-06-2011, 05:42 PM

/Woody
Know how I know you've got kids?

Donger
06-06-2011, 05:46 PM
/Woody
Know how I know you've got kids?

Because, when I see a child that is going to vomit, I cup my hands and try to catch it instead of running away?

Radar Chief
06-06-2011, 05:53 PM
Because, when I see a child that is going to vomit, I cup my hands and try to catch it instead of running away?

LMAO :Lin: Not even if my own kid was about to yak on my bosses imported Persian rug.

ClevelandBronco
06-06-2011, 05:58 PM
My aversion to vomitus vanished when I became a parent. I thought that was a widespread phenomenon.

Hog Farmer
06-06-2011, 07:22 PM

Yes it does. It makes it really funny !LMAO

Frankie
06-06-2011, 07:54 PM
I was laughing at you, idiot.

Whatever. :rolleyes:

Frankie
06-06-2011, 07:59 PM
Meh. I don't agree with or condone Frankie's repeated rather pathetic and transparent attempts to garner sympathy for Iran here. The man has divided loyalties and as a naturalized US citizen (like he is), I don't like it. I don't think that it is acceptable to call yourself "a man of two countries" when you aren't a dual-citizen. In fact, I find it deplorable.

I AM a man of two cultures. I don't give a flying sh!t if you "don't like it." And THIS is supposed to be a non-political thread. Only paranoids like you see other things in it.

Donger
06-06-2011, 09:04 PM
I AM a man of two cultures. I don't give a flying sh!t if you "don't like it." And THIS is supposed to be a non-political thread. Only paranoids like you see other things in it.

Sure Frankie. I'm sure the fact that this was an Iranian crash had no bearing whatsoever on you choosing to post it. Right?

I'm a man of two cultures as well, but you don't see me starting threads about Guy Fawkes Day or some other crap that has nothing to do with America. I GLADLY and WILLINGLY left my British culture behind when I became an American. Pick a side, asshole.

Oh wait. You did when you swore your oath the United States. Too bad that oath was said with your fucking fingers crossed behind your back.

Frankie
06-06-2011, 09:15 PM
Sure Frankie. I'm sure the fact that this was an Iranian crash had no bearing whatsoever on you choosing to post it. Right?

No. But by virtue of being a man of two cultures I just happened to have a more immediate access/interest that helped me run into it when I was looking up other things. It was a dramatic footage and I posted it for others to see something most have not witnessed.

And you are still a pathetically paranoid individual. You spend a lot of time in a thread you claim you don't like. If you are really not trying to politicize it and if you don't like this thread just get the hell out.

Donger
06-06-2011, 10:35 PM
No. But by virtue of being a man of two cultures I just happened to have a more immediate access/interest that helped me run into it when I was looking up other things. It was a dramatic footage and I posted it for others to see something most have not witnessed.

And you are still a pathetically paranoid individual. You spend a lot of time in a thread you claim you don't like. If you are really not trying to politicize it and if you don't like this thread just get the hell out.

I don't like the thread and I don't like you because of your divided loyalty. And, you can fully expect me to be here and there whenever you choose to start another one, Frankie.

Frankie
06-06-2011, 10:42 PM
I don't like the thread and I don't like you because of your divided loyalty. And, you can fully expect me to be here and there whenever you choose to start another one, Frankie.

I just did.

And you are still a paranoid individual.

Donger
06-06-2011, 11:34 PM
I just did.

And you are still a paranoid individual.

Is it about Iranians?

redsurfer11
06-07-2011, 04:23 AM

If THIS is supposed to be a non-political thread. Why did you purposely
put it in DC ???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? ???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? ????????????????????????????????? Your intention was to make it political.

Frankie
06-07-2011, 10:15 AM
If THIS is supposed to be a non-political thread. Why did you purposely
put it in DC ???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? ???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? ????????????????????????????????? Your intention was to make it political.

Get with it. I put it in the lounge. When schizoids politicized it the mods moved it to DC. You are late to the party and your attempt at wisdom is wasted, Sherlock.

vailpass
06-07-2011, 10:50 AM

I'm a man of two cultures as well, but you don't see me starting threads about Guy Fawkes Day or some other crap that has nothing to do with America. I GLADLY and WILLINGLY left my British culture behind when I became an American. Pick a side, asshole.

Oh wait. You did when you swore your oath the United States. Too bad that oath was said with your ****ing fingers crossed behind your back.

:clap:

Frankie
06-07-2011, 11:06 AM
:clap:

You are applauding a schizoid who conveniently forgot that the judge at the naturalization swearing in ceremony especially emphasized that folks respect and bring in their culture as they become citizens of this country. Donger is the one who swore his oath "with fingers crossed behind his back," not I. I have plenty to be proud of my old culture and raised my kid to understand the fortunate circumstance for him to be able to pick the best of two cultures to be an all around good individual.

Donger, he milks his bogus and disingenuous flag-waving here on every occasion on this BB just to get applause from uninformed fools like you.

Now tell me what you think of the footage of a big plain going down.

vailpass
06-07-2011, 11:10 AM
You are applauding a schizoid who conveniently forgot that the judge at the naturalization swearing in ceremony especially emphasized that folks respect and bring in their culture as they become citizens of this country. Donger is the one who swore his oath "with fingers crossed behind his back," not I. I have plenty to be proud of my old culture and raised my kid to understand the fortunate circumstance for him to be able to pick the best of two cultures to be an all around good individual.

Donger, he milks his bogus and disingenuous flag-waving here on every occasion on this BB just to get applause from uninformed fools like you.

Donger
06-07-2011, 11:13 AM

Now tell me what you think of the footage of a big plain going down.

"Man of two countries." Your words, Frankie. Not mine. Is there some reason that you didn't become a dual-citizen?

Frankie
06-07-2011, 11:19 AM
"Man of two countries." Your words, Frankie. Not mine. Is there some reason that you didn't become a dual-citizen?

You're still here? I thought you hated this thread!

You are a man of two countries, my paranoid friend. England by virtue of being born there and the US by virtue of becoming a citizen. Reading anything else in it amounts to Schizophrenia.

You can now stop this bogus patriotic attention whoring act of yours and while you are at it you can stop quoting me out of context unless you can back it up with a link to the full quote.

go bowe
06-07-2011, 11:23 AM
jeebus, what the hell is political about an aerial collision?

or were you guys just trying to kick frankie's thread into d.c.?

some people in the lounge might have found this footage interesting, but no you have to kick it to dc just because you don't like frankie, or iranians, or muslims, or whatever it is that pisses you off so much about him...

well, congratulations...

mission accomplished...

Donger
06-07-2011, 11:24 AM
You're still here? I thought you hated this thread!

You are a man of two countries, my paranoid friend. England by virtue of being born there and the US by virtue of becoming a citizen. Reading anything else in it amounts to Schizophrenia.

You can now stop this bogus patriotic attention whoring act of yours and while you are at it you can stop quoting me out of context unless you can back it up with a link to the full quote.

Speaking of schizophrenia, what makes you think I hate this thread?

No, I'm not a man of two countries. I acknowledge the fact that I was born in the UK. That's about it. I made a conscious decision to leave any allegiance to England behind when I became an American. Like I said, I don't celebrate Guy Fawke's Day, give a shit about the royal family, etc.

You on the other hand...

go bowe
06-07-2011, 11:26 AM

is that even possible when you're naturalized?

i thought you had to forswear allegiance to any other country as part of the naturalization process/oath...

Donger
06-07-2011, 11:32 AM
is that even possible when you're naturalized?

i thought you had to forswear allegiance to any other country as part of the naturalization process/oath...

It was an option when I was naturalized. I don't know if it was an option when Frankie was naturalized.

go bowe
06-07-2011, 11:32 AM

No, I'm not a man of two countries. I acknowledge the fact that I was born in the UK. That's about it. I made a conscious decision to leave any allegiance to England behind when I became an American. Like I said, I don't celebrate Guy Fawke's Day, give a shit about the royal family, etc.

You on the other hand...

i don't quite get the schizophrenia thing...

you are remarkably consistent in your attitude towards frankie...

and who the hell is guy fawke?

go bowe
06-07-2011, 11:34 AM
It was an option when I was naturalized. I don't know if it was an option when Frankie was naturalized.

my wife is waiting for her approval and appointment for swearing in and they have made it pretty clear that she has to give up her samoan citizenship...

frankie's wife just recently got naturalized so he probably knows for sure...

Donger
06-07-2011, 11:36 AM

Ask Frankie. He's the one flailing around.

Guy Fawkes was some nut who tried to blow up Parliament. I think it was called the Gunpowder Plot. He was caught and killed. The kids hang him in effigy and use it as an excuse to set off fireworks, IIRC.

Donger
06-07-2011, 11:38 AM
my wife is waiting for her approval and appointment for swearing in and they have made it pretty clear that she has to give up her samoan citizenship...

Here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_nationality_law#Dual_citizenship

vailpass
06-07-2011, 11:40 AM

I knew a Samoan dude in undergrad, Lloyd something-or-other.
That brother was one BIG dude. Not tall really but thick, he was like 5'X5'. Saw him lift the back end of a Midget MG one day.
Don't know why I'm saying any of this...good luck to your wife on getting her approval.

Frankie
06-07-2011, 11:54 AM

He is schizophrenic and paranoid about anyone talking positive about the people of any other country than the U.S. He immediately sees an enemy and treason like most paranoid people do. If he is not paranoid then he should not act threatened which means his flag waving shtick on this BB is merely for attention whoring and endearing himself to the uninformed.

I probably speak with more of an American accent than Donger does.

Frankie
06-07-2011, 11:55 AM

Single citizenship here. Donger is paranoid.

go bowe
06-07-2011, 11:56 AM
I knew a Samoan dude in undergrad, Lloyd something-or-other.
That brother was one BIG dude. Not tall really but thick, he was like 5'X5'. Saw him lift the back end of a Midget MG one day.
Don't know why I'm saying any of this...good luck to your wife on getting her approval.

my son vincent is built like that but he's 6'2" like me...

350 lb. of pure terror, er... muscle...

and thanks for the good wishes on my wife's naturalization...

she waited over 30 years to do it, but she is gonna be a citizen!!

woot, woot, i won't have no woman of two countries, nosiree bob...

Donger
06-07-2011, 11:57 AM
He is schizophrenic and paranoid about anyone talking positive about any other country than the U.S. He immediately sees an enemy and treason like most paranoid people do. If he is not paranoid then he should not act threatened which means his flag waving shtick on this BB is merely for attention whoring and endearing himself to the uninformed.

I don't think you are a traitor, but I do think that you didn't take your oath seriously. For example, if you had been called to fight against your former countrymen, would you do so?

Frankie
06-07-2011, 11:57 AM
Mr. go bowe, have you ever seen a big plain fall out of the sky like that?

Frankie
06-07-2011, 11:58 AM
I don't think you are a traitor, but I do think that you didn't take your oath seriously. For example, if you had been called to fight against your former countrymen, would you do so?

Moot. I cannot be called to fight due to my ticker. But the fact that I would choose not to fight against either country has to do with my own moral beliefs, not which country I'm a citizen of.

Fail.

go bowe
06-07-2011, 11:59 AM
Here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_nationality_law#Dual_citizenship

thanks, interesting stuff...

looks like the dual thingy isn't exactly an option during the naturalization process itself, but can be attained by returning to your home country and resuming citizenship there...

the wife is going home for a visit, but she'll have to process through customs because she'll be an american citizen and a foreigner in her own land...

Donger
06-07-2011, 12:00 PM
Single citizenship here. Donger is paranoid.

Paranoid? No, Frankie. I don't believe that you are a threat to anyone. I just don't like naturalized citizens who clearly and openly celebrate their former country and culture. You decided to be a single. You should live up to it.

mnchiefsguy
06-07-2011, 12:00 PM
He is schizophrenic and paranoid about anyone talking positive about any other country than the U.S. He immediately sees an enemy and treason like most paranoid people do. If he is not paranoid then he should not act threatened which means his flag waving shtick on this BB is merely for attention whoring and endearing himself to the uninformed.

Your problem is you talk positive about countries that seek to destroy America and that support terrorism. Like it or not, your rep on this board is as someone who skews anti-American. Bashing Donger and trying to make him look un-American is not going to change that.

go bowe
06-07-2011, 12:02 PM
Mr. go bowe, have you ever seen a big plain fall out of the sky like that?

no, but i've seen the great plains... :p :p :p

Donger
06-07-2011, 12:02 PM
Moot. I cannot be called to fight due to my ticker.

Fail.

It's obviously a hypothetical. So, if you had a good heart and were called to fight your former countrymen, would you?

It's a simple question.

I would have if so required. That's part of the oath we both took, FYI.

Frankie
06-07-2011, 12:04 PM
Paranoid? I just don't like naturalized citizens who clearly and openly celebrate their former country and culture.

Are you really this dense?! Did you listen to the judge swearing you in or were you playing with yourself when he/she was talking? :rolleyes:

Frankie
06-07-2011, 12:05 PM
Your problem is you talk positive about countries that seek to destroy America and that support terrorism. Like it or not, your rep on this board is as someone who skews anti-American. Bashing Donger and trying to make him look un-American is not going to change that.

Anti-American! LMAO Spoken like a true RWNJ! LMAOLMAO

Donger
06-07-2011, 12:07 PM
Are you really this dense?! Did you listen to the judge swearing you in or were you playing with yourself when he/she was talking? :rolleyes:

It's a personal opinion, Frankie. You could have ascertained that by reading and comprehending the "I don't like" part.

Frankie
06-07-2011, 12:07 PM
no, but i've seen the great plains... :p :p :p

I meant to say plane. But you know I'm this dumb foreigner from a backward culture which according to the true patriots here I have to leave behind.

;)

Frankie
06-07-2011, 12:08 PM
It's a personal opinion, Frankie. You could have ascertained that by reading and comprehending the "I don't like" part.

Did you listen to the judge or not? Why are you avoiding the question, speaking of flailing.

Donger
06-07-2011, 12:10 PM
Did you listen to the judge or not? Why are you avoiding the question, speaking of flailing.

Yes. Now, will you or will you not answer the question posed in 82?

mnchiefsguy
06-07-2011, 12:12 PM
Anti-American! LMAO Spoken like a true RWNJ! LMAOLMAO

Do you or do you not support Hamas and Hezbollah, two terrorist organizations that have had previous ties to attacks on Americans, and who have also celebrated the deaths of Americans on 9/11?

Stand up right now in this forum and condemn just those two terrorist organizations...I dare you. But I know you won't, and people can draw their own conclusion from that.

I am not a RWNJ...hell, I voted for Clinton twice LOL.

Frankie
06-07-2011, 12:12 PM
Paranoid? No,...

Really?

Donger
06-07-2011, 12:14 PM
Really?

That's not paranoia, Frankie. It's a deduction based on your history. So, why did you post this particular crash? Are you stating that the fact it happened in Iran had no bearing on you posting it?

Frankie
Yes. Now, will you or will you not answer the question posed in 82?

Then do you agree with the emphasis to celebrate and bring in your old culture and language?

vailpass
my son vincent is built like that but he's 6'2" like me...

350 lb. of pure terror, er... muscle...and thanks for the good wishes on my wife's naturalization...

she waited over 30 years to do it, but she is gonna be a citizen!!

woot, woot, i won't have no woman of two countries, nosiree bob...

:eek: You and me are good bowe, right? No problems between us that you might share with your son, right?

Donger
06-07-2011, 12:16 PM
Then do you agree with the emphasis to celebrate and bring in your old culture and language?

The judge who swore me in didn't engage in any multicultural stuff. He reminded us that we were undertaking a very serious and solemn oath. He then had each one of us stand and state the country we were leaving behind.

Now, answer mine, please.

Frankie
06-07-2011, 12:18 PM
Do you or do you not support Hamas and Hezbollah, two terrorist organizations that have had previous ties to attacks on Americans, and who have also celebrated the deaths of Americans on 9/11?

Shut the f*@k up idiot! :shake:

I have answered this clearly and will not do so again because another mouth breather among us did not understand. Go back to the previous hundred times that this stupidity was directed at me.

Meanwhile, tell me what you think of the footage of a big plane falling from the sky.

What an imbecile! LMAO

Donger
06-07-2011, 12:22 PM
Meanwhile, tell me what you think of the footage of a big plane falling from the sky.

A good start?

Since it was apparently Iran's only AWAC bird, that will help our boys if we ever have to begin killing them. That should make you happy, right?

Frankie
06-07-2011, 12:25 PM
That's not paranoia, Frankie. It's a deduction based on your history. So, why did you post this particular crash? Are you stating that the fact it happened in Iran had no bearing on you posting it?

I was googling other things about Iran and ran into this. Being a unique and dramatic incident captured on video, REGARDLESS OF LOCATION, I thought I'd share it with my fellow planeteers. But in your paranoia you did not give that possibility ANY chance and you were cocksure it was an Iran-promoting attempt. Paranoid people are incapable of thinking of more than one explanation to anything.

Frankie
06-07-2011, 12:27 PM
A good start?

Since it was apparently Iran's only AWAC bird, that will help our boys if we ever have to begin killing them. That should make you happy, right?

Spoken like a true paranoid RWNJ. Thanks for proving my point.

Frankie
06-07-2011, 12:29 PM
The judge who swore me in didn't engage in any multicultural stuff.

Then you are lying through your British teeth. It's a standard speech.

Donger
06-07-2011, 12:29 PM
I was googling other things about Iran and ran into this. Being a unique and dramatic incident captured on video, REGARDLESS OF LOCATION, I thought I'd share it with my fellow planeteers. But in your paranoia you did not give that possibility ANY chance and you were cocksure it was an Iran-promoting attempt. Paranoid people are incapable of thinking of more than one explanation to anything.

Great. I look forward to your next air crash video outside of Iran to go along with your next Happy Norooz and jumping over fire threads.

vailpass
06-07-2011, 12:31 PM
A good start?

LMAO

Donger
06-07-2011, 12:31 PM
Spoken like a true paranoid RWNJ. Thanks for proving my point.

Huh? We might have to fight them to prevent them from gaining nuclear weapons. That's not paranoia.

Donger
06-07-2011, 12:33 PM
Then you are lying through your British teeth. It's a standard speech.

That's fine. Can you provide some evidence that it is spoken at every ceremony?

Now, are you going to answer the question posed in 82 or not, Frankie?

go bowe
06-07-2011, 12:45 PM
:eek: You and me are good bowe, right? No problems between us that you might share with your son, right?

nah, he's a pussy cat (until someone pisses him off)...

he comes to the bash with me and gets along with everybody...

we'd love to share a pitcher with you someday... :toast: :toast: :toast:

mnchiefsguy
06-07-2011, 12:47 PM
Shut the f*@k up idiot! :shake:

I have answered this clearly and will not do so again because another mouth breather among us did not understand. Go back to the previous hundred times that this stupidity was directed at me.

What an imbecile! LMAO

Swing and a miss...and nice filter evasion, by the way. Please link to the post where you clearly condemn these organizations....

And also, what is your answer to Donger's question in post #82? You appear to be avoiding the question.

go bowe
06-07-2011, 12:48 PM

er, post 77?

Frankie
06-07-2011, 12:48 PM
Great. I look forward to your next air crash video outside of Iran to go along with your next Happy Norooz and jumping over fire threads.

I'm doing my best to bring folks together. You are doing your best to divide. I think I'm the sane on, thank you very much.

Frankie
06-07-2011, 12:49 PM

I already have. Look again without paranoia this time.

go bowe
06-07-2011, 12:50 PM

hey, i liked that jumping over fire bit...

lots better than walking on hot coals...

mnchiefsguy
06-07-2011, 12:51 PM
er, post 77?

I was referring to post #82 where Donger asked:

It's obviously a hypothetical. So, if you had a good heart and were called to fight your former countrymen, would you?

It's a simple question.

I would have if so required. That's part of the oath we both took, FYI.

Donger
06-07-2011, 12:52 PM
I already have. Look again without paranoia this time.

Ah, yes. I see you added to your post 77.

"But the fact that I would choose not to fight against either country has to do with my own moral beliefs, not which country I'm a citizen of."

Did you know this fact (that you wouldn't fight against Iran or anyone else) when you swore your oath at naturalization?

If you wouldn't fight against your former country, would you have served in a non-combatant role in support of that military action against your former people?

Donger
06-07-2011, 12:53 PM
I was referring to post #82 where Donger asked:

Frankie added this part to post 77: "But the fact that I would choose not to fight against either country has to do with my own moral beliefs, not which country I'm a citizen of."

mnchiefsguy
06-07-2011, 12:54 PM

"But the fact that I would choose not to fight against either country has to do with my own moral beliefs, not which country I'm a citizen of."

Did you know this fact (that you wouldn't fight against Iran or anyone else) when you swore your oath at naturalization?

If you wouldn't fight against your former country, would you have served in a non-combatant role in support of that military action against your former people?

Keep at it Donger. Don't let this filter-evading terrorist supporter off the hook, he needs to answer the question.

Donger
06-07-2011, 12:55 PM
Just to remind Frankie, here's what he and I swore on:

I hereby declare, on oath, that I absolutely and entirely renounce and abjure all allegiance and fidelity to any foreign prince, potentate, state, or sovereignty of whom or which I have heretofore been a subject or citizen; that I will support and defend the Constitution and laws of the United States of America against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I will bear arms on behalf of the United States when required by the law; that I will perform noncombatant service in the Armed Forces of the United States when required by the law; that I will perform work of national importance under civilian direction when required by the law; and that I take this obligation freely without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; so help me God

mnchiefsguy
06-07-2011, 12:56 PM

I hereby declare, on oath, that I absolutely and entirely renounce and abjure all allegiance and fidelity to any foreign prince, potentate, state, or sovereignty of whom or which I have heretofore been a subject or citizen; that I will support and defend the Constitution and laws of the United States of America against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I will bear arms on behalf of the United States when required by the law; that I will perform noncombatant service in the Armed Forces of the United States when required by the law; that I will perform work of national importance under civilian direction when required by the law; and that I take this obligation freely without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; so help me God

So as it stands now, Frankie's current answer to post #77 violates the oath he swore. Got it.

Frankie
06-07-2011, 12:57 PM
Swing and a miss...and nice filter evasion, by the way. Please link to the post where you clearly condemn these organizations....

And also, what is your answer to Donger's question in post #82? You appear to be avoiding the question.

What are you, stupid AND lazy?!

Look, you have proven many times in the past that your comprehension is at the kindergarten level. I told you that I have clearly answered this and most other planeteers know this. I shouldn't really be expected to to hand feed every every slobbering mouth-breather every time they feel like bringing up a redundant stupid topic that has been taken care of already. If you or another idiot brings this up it's his/her own responsibility to do their own research.

go bowe
06-07-2011, 12:57 PM
Keep at it Donger. Don't let this filter-evading terrorist supporter off the hook, he needs to answer the question.

er...

post 77, as edited...

read donger's posts...

Frankie
06-07-2011, 01:00 PM

In a morally just war yes. For example I would have refused to go to Iraq because I believed from day one that it was a sham.

vailpass
Frankie added this part to post 77: "But the fact that I would choose not to fight against either country has to do with my own moral beliefs, not which country I'm a citizen of."

Frankie you piece of shit.

go bowe
So as it stands now, Frankie's current answer to post #77 violates the oath he swore. Got it.

no, not necessarily...

read the next clause that donger didn't highlight, which is civilian service...

a conscientious objecter doesn't have to serve in the military in any role...

Donger
06-07-2011, 01:01 PM

Here you go: http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?p=7615393&highlight=hezbollah#post7615393

Donger
06-07-2011, 01:03 PM
no, not necessarily...

read the next clause that donger didn't highlight, which is civilian service...

a conscientious objecter doesn't have to serve in the military in any role...

I'm pretty sure that even COs have to serve in the military when required, but in a non-combatant role.

Frankie
06-07-2011, 01:03 PM

There are American-borns who have in the past and will in the future refuse to participate in wars that they believe in their hearts are morally wrong. What makes them any different than a naturalized citizen.

Frankie
06-07-2011, 01:05 PM

LMAOLMAO

You know you sound more and more like Tommy Cash. Could it be mnchiefsguy is our dear Tommy in a different mult? :hmmm:

Donger
06-07-2011, 01:05 PM
In a morally just war yes. For example I would have refused to go to Iraq because I believed from day one that it was a sham.

So, in the hypothetical, morally-just war with Iran, you would have served in a combat or non-combat role. Is that right? Say

go bowe
06-07-2011, 01:06 PM
Frankie you piece of shit.

you know, you should take lessons from iowanian in the art of insult...

you're current material lacks originality and graphic detail...

you're a piece of camel shit, or you're a piece of flea shit, or you've got flea shit for brains...

something more lyrical...

(pardon my poor attempt at examples, all of which lack creativity and are not lyrical at all)

Donger
06-07-2011, 01:06 PM
There are American-borns who have in the past and will in the future refuse to participate in wars that they believe in their hearts are morally wrong. What makes them any different than a naturalized citizen.

Are you aware that those who get American citizenship through birth don't have to take the same oath we took? That's what makes us different, idiot.

go bowe
06-07-2011, 01:08 PM
I'm pretty sure that even COs have to serve in the military when required, but in a non-combatant role.

it could have changed in the last 30 years, but in the 60's co's did what we would call community service now, strictly civilian...

Donger
06-07-2011, 01:10 PM
it could have changed in the last 30 years, but in the 60's co's did what we would call community service now, strictly civilian...

Well, Frankie is fucked:

In the United States, there are two main criteria for classification as a conscientious objector. First, the objector must be opposed to war in any form, Gillette v. United States, 401 U.S. 437. Second, the objection must be sincere, Witmer v. United States, 348 U.S. 375. That he must show that this opposition is based upon religious training and belief was no longer a criterion after cases broadened it to include non-religious moral belief, United States v. Seeger, 380 U.S. 163 and Welsh v. United States, 398 U.S. 333. COs willing to perform non-combatant military functions are classed 1-A-O by the U.S.; those unwilling to serve at all are 1-O.

Frankie's now on record as being fine with a morally-just war. So, he cannot claim CO status. Therefore, he was and is in violation of his naturalization oath.

go bowe
06-07-2011, 01:12 PM
LMAOLMAO

You know you sound more and more like Tommy Cash. Could it be mnchiefsguy is our dear Tommy in a different mult? :hmmm:

ok, now you're just being paranoid...

mnchiefsguy is not at all like tom, hell, nobody is like tom...

go bowe
06-07-2011, 01:14 PM
Well, Frankie is ****ed:

In the United States, there are two main criteria for classification as a conscientious objector. First, the objector must be opposed to war in any form, Gillette v. United States, 401 U.S. 437. Second, the objection must be sincere, Witmer v. United States, 348 U.S. 375. That he must show that this opposition is based upon religious training and belief was no longer a criterion after cases broadened it to include non-religious moral belief, United States v. Seeger, 380 U.S. 163 and Welsh v. United States, 398 U.S. 333. COs willing to perform non-combatant military functions are classed 1-A-O by the U.S.; those unwilling to serve at all are 1-O.

Frankie's now on record as being fine with a morally-just war. So, he cannot claim CO status. Therefore, he was and is in violation of his naturalization oath.

hence my use of the term not necessarily...

based on his recent statement, he clearly is not a co...

LOCOChief
06-07-2011, 01:18 PM

I agree with this x1,000

Someone should do a poll to see how many others agree with this assessment. Nobody could object to that, it would be good ol fashioned American fun!

mnchiefsguy
06-07-2011, 01:20 PM
Here you go: http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?p=7615393&highlight=hezbollah#post7615393

Thanks Donger! Frankie even put in large bold text, so maybe he actually means it.

Frankie
06-07-2011, 01:25 PM
Look folks. I have spent enough of my day here. The rest of the day beckons. I have to go now but I will leave you with this piece of wisdom:

1- If you think I posted this thread for any other reason other than showing a spectacular air-crash footage to the rest of the planet, then you are a paranoid individual.

2- If you think I'm a terrorist group supporter, then you are a paranoid AND STUPID individual.

3- If you think relationships between people of different cultures are defined only by war, then you are a paranoid AND stupid individual AND a RWNJ.

4- If you are here to feebly try to "zing me another one," then you are a hater and an ESPECIALLY pathetic paranoid AND stupid individual AND most likely a RWNJ.

5- If you think you, by the virtue of being born here are automatically more advanced than people of other countries, then you are an IGNORANT hater and an especially pathetic paranoid AND stupid individual AND most likely a RWNJ.

6- If you found the footage I posted unique and interesting in any different way, then you are a normal person. You are welcome in this thread and I hope more of you get a chance to see it.

Tata...

go bowe
06-07-2011, 01:29 PM
tata?

is that some kind of terrorist code?

Donger
06-07-2011, 01:37 PM
Look folks. I have spent enough of my day here. The rest of the day beckons.

Well, that took longer than normal.

LMAO

Hydrae
06-07-2011, 03:24 PM

You on the other hand...

Post 53:

Not that I care either way. :shrug:

go bowe
06-07-2011, 03:33 PM
Post 53:

yeah, right... LMAO LMAO LMAO

good catch though... :clap:

mnchiefsguy
06-07-2011, 03:37 PM
Well, Donger did not actually deny that he hated this thread....he merely asked Frankie to articulate why he though Donger hated the thread.

Donger
06-07-2011, 04:14 PM
Post 53:

There's a rather large difference between not liking something and hating something.

redsurfer11
06-07-2011, 04:59 PM
Look folks. I have spent enough of my day here. The rest of the day beckons. I have to go now but I will leave you with this piece of wisdom:

1- If you think I posted this thread for any other reason other than showing a spectacular air-crash footage to the rest of the planet, then you are a paranoid individual.

2- If you think I'm a terrorist group supporter, then you are a paranoid AND STUPID individual.

3- If you think relationships between people of different cultures are defined only by war, then you are a paranoid AND stupid individual AND a RWNJ.

4- If you are here to feebly try to "zing me another one," then you are a hater and an ESPECIALLY pathetic paranoid AND stupid individual AND most likely a RWNJ.

5- If you think you, by the virtue of being born here are automatically more advanced than people of other countries, then you are an IGNORANT hater and an especially pathetic paranoid AND stupid individual AND most likely a RWNJ.

6- If you found the footage I posted unique and interesting in any different way, then you are a normal person. You are welcome in this thread and I hope more of you get a chance to see it.

Tata...

Iranian American spends most of day visiting Iranian websites. Damn, you must be setting off a red flashing light down at the Homeland Security office. Are you testing the Patriot Act?:thumb:

Rain Man
06-07-2011, 06:07 PM
Man, what's been going on in here?

Regardless of the individual wars, I'll point out a good reason to have multi-cultural people around. You can bet that in Iraq and Afghanistan and a few other countries, we've got Americans walking around who understand and fit into those cultures, and they're likely critical cogs in beating the bad guys. To defeat an enemy, you must first understand the enemy.

ChiefaRoo
06-07-2011, 06:34 PM

You're thinking about the F14 Tomcats the US delivered to the Shah. F16's are too new

Donger
06-07-2011, 06:56 PM

Regardless of the individual wars, I'll point out a good reason to have multi-cultural people around. You can bet that in Iraq and Afghanistan and a few other countries, we've got Americans walking around who understand and fit into those cultures, and they're likely critical cogs in beating the bad guys. To defeat an enemy, you must first understand the enemy.

Only if those "multi-cultural people" are willing to assist in the killing of their former countrymen if needed and required to do so, directly or indirectly.

Frankie
06-07-2011, 09:12 PM
There's a rather large difference between not liking something and hating something.

As denials go that one is pretty pathetic.

Frankie
06-07-2011, 09:19 PM
Iranian American spends most of day visiting Iranian websites.Ooooh my God. I forgot I'm supposed to get as ignorant as you about other countries to answer the definition of a true American in your book. Sorry dude. I'll do better next time. :rolleyes:

Are you testing the Patriot Act?:thumb:

No, just the level of your ignorance. But your post made my tester overflow.

Frankie
06-07-2011, 09:22 PM
You're thinking about the F14 Tomcats the US delivered to the Shah. F16's are too new

Yep I corrected it. But F16s were ordered and paid for and never delivered. That's why I mixed them up.

Frankie
06-07-2011, 09:24 PM

Only if those "multi-cultural people" are willing to assist in the killing of their former countrymen if needed and required to do so, directly or indirectly.
LMAO

Donger
06-08-2011, 05:22 AM
As denials go that one is pretty pathetic.

No, it's entirely accurate. If I hated this thread, I would have stated that.

Donger
06-08-2011, 05:24 AM
LMAO

You do realize that you just labeled Rain Man paranoid, stupid and a RWNJ, right?

go bowe
06-08-2011, 09:08 AM
You do realize that you just labeled Rain Man paranoid, stupid and a RWNJ, right?

well i. for one, do not think rainman is stupid...

Frankie
06-08-2011, 10:58 AM
No, it's entirely accurate. If I hated this thread, I would have stated that.

Sure. You hated it enough to come in and hi-jack it from its true purpose by your paranoia.

Frankie
06-08-2011, 11:00 AM

Now trying to drive wedges among planeteers to forward your paranoid agenda.

PATHETIC! :shake:

Donger
06-08-2011, 11:00 AM
Sure. You hated it enough to come in and hi-jack it from its true purpose by your paranoia.

How did I hijack it?

Frankie
06-08-2011, 11:01 AM
well i. for one, do not think rainman is stupid...

Rainman knows he has my respect. Donger is just schizophrenic.

Donger
06-08-2011, 11:01 AM
Now trying to drive wedges among planeteers to forward your paranoid agenda.

PATHETIC! :shake:

Well, perhaps you should be a little more careful with your definitions in the future.

Frankie
06-08-2011, 11:03 AM
How did I hijack it?

Donger, my man, I know you are paranoid and a RWNJ. But stupid? I never thought that of you. Please don't steer me in that direction now. Leave well enough alone.

Donger
06-08-2011, 11:03 AM
Frankie, do you even know what paranoia and schizophrenia are? If so, please provide examples of how you made the determination that I am either.

Thanks.

Donger
06-08-2011, 11:04 AM
Donger, my man, I know you are paranoid and a RWNJ. But stupid? I never thought that of you. Please don't steer me in that direction now. Leave well enough alone.

Heh. By all means, go ahead with that course.

So, how did I hijack the thread? Please be specific.

vailpass
06-08-2011, 11:08 AM
Frankie, do you even know what paranoia and schizophrenia are? If so, please provide examples of how you made the determination that I am either.

Thanks.

Roses are red
Violets are blue
I'm schizophrenic
And so am I

Frankie
06-08-2011, 11:29 AM
Well, perhaps you should be a little more careful with your definitions in the future.

Thanks for the advice. As my pappy always said, "Advice from the unwise is just as valuable as that from the wise. You just accept it and do the opposite. You'll be just fine."

Donger
06-08-2011, 11:32 AM
Thanks for the advice. As my pappy always said, "Advice from the unwise is just as valuable as that from the wise. You just accept it and do the opposite. You'll be just fine."

And Rain Man sheds a tear.

Frankie
06-08-2011, 11:40 AM

Thanks.

I already explained it. You just have a habit of obsessively following the single track in your mind and not see anything else.

Frankie
06-08-2011, 11:41 AM
And Rain Man sheds a tear.

Fail.

Donger
06-08-2011, 11:43 AM
I already explained it. You just have a habit of obsessively following the single track in your mind and not see anything else.

Errr, that is neither paranoid nor schizophrenc. Nor is it accurate.

Want to try again?

Frankie
06-08-2011, 11:50 AM
Errr, that is neither paranoid nor schizophrenc. Nor is it accurate.

Want to try again?

No. Take it for what it is. Talk to me about the footage of a big plane going down or leave this thread. I'm tired of you and your schizophrenia.

Donger
06-08-2011, 11:55 AM
No. Take it for what it is. Talk to me about the footage of a big plane going down or leave this thread. I'm tired of you and your schizophrenia.

LMAO

It's entirely inaccurate. You really should look up the big words if you intend to use them.

And, I already told you what I thought of the big plane: a good start.

Frankie
06-08-2011, 11:57 AM
LMAO

It's entirely inaccurate. You really should look up the big words if you intend to use them.

And, I already told you what I thought of the big plane: a good start.

Good. Now leave.

Donger
06-08-2011, 11:59 AM
Good. Now leave.

No, I think I'll stay, thanks.

Jaric
06-08-2011, 12:45 PM
Well this thread has been...interesting.

So Frankie, since you're apparently a terrorist who hates america, can you answer me a question I've been curious about?

Why is it that when you guys have your meetings, and the whole 72 virgins thing comes up for the dude who blows himself up, why doesn't anyone ever ask what page in the Koran that's on?

Thanks in advance. Also, if it's not too much to ask, do you think you could try hating America a little bit less? You don't need to become a flag waver or anything, but maybe just refrain from burning it while making it that tongue trilling thing you guys do before you kill an infidel.

NewChief
06-08-2011, 12:52 PM
This battle of the CP immigrants has been pretty freaking hilarious.

bowener
06-08-2011, 12:56 PM
This battle of the CP immigrants has been pretty freaking hilarious.

I learned from this thread that Donger is married to a woman.

I always thought british were all teh ghey. :shrug:

edit: At least I think it was in this thread.

Donger
06-08-2011, 12:59 PM

LMAO

Not to hijack Frankie's awesome thread, but I think I'll post some A Fish Called Wanda videos now.

Jaric
06-08-2011, 12:59 PM

Well, he was until he renounced England when he became a citizen.

We oathed the ghey right out of his (formerly) limey ass.

Donger
06-08-2011, 01:02 PM
<iframe width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/5YKbYLb5GVc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

NewChief
06-08-2011, 01:03 PM
LMAO

Not to hijack Frankie's awesome thread, but I think I'll post some A Fish Called Wanda videos now.

Your allegiance to British moviemaking is coming through.

ClevelandBronco
06-08-2011, 01:04 PM

Where did you think little British come from? Did you think that the generation in power has a super-secret task force that combs the rest of the commonwealth looking for the children with the worst dental work and they just spirit them away to be raised as the next generation?

Bowser
06-08-2011, 01:06 PM
<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/weijnvNCxqY?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Donger
06-08-2011, 01:07 PM

I'd welcome other non-British examples of movies that make fun of them. Suggestions?

Donger
<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/weijnvNCxqY?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

LMAO

Frankie
Well this thread has been...interesting.

So Frankie, since you're apparently a terrorist who hates america, can you answer me a question I've been curious about?

Why is it that when you guys have your meetings, and the whole 72 virgins thing comes up for the dude who blows himself up, why doesn't anyone ever ask what page in the Koran that's on?

Thanks in advance. Also, if it's not too much to ask, do you think you could try hating America a little bit less? You don't need to become a flag waver or anything, but maybe just refrain from burning it while making it that tongue trilling thing you guys do before you kill an infidel.

LMAO

I think I know where you are headed with this. To the best of my knowledge no pages of Koran cover that subject. Must have been a mistake. Somebody should put that in.

Donger
06-08-2011, 01:08 PM
NSFW

<iframe width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/TjC3R6jOtUo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

bowener
06-08-2011, 01:11 PM
LMAO

I think I know where you are headed with this. To the best of my knowledge no pages of Koran cover that subject. Must have been a mistake. Somebody should put that in.

...maybe the pages are stuck together?

Frankie
06-08-2011, 01:11 PM

THERE IT IS! GOOD CATCH. DONGER IS AN AMERICA HATING WOLF IN SHEEP'S CLOTHING. ALL BEWARE OF THIS DANGER EXISTING IN THE PLANET TRYING TO DRUM UP SYMPATHY FOR HIS COUNTRY OF TRUE LOYALTIES.

Frankie
06-08-2011, 01:13 PM
...maybe the pages are stuck together?

I'll go check my trusty radical book and see if that's the case. This is one of those extremely rare moments that it's sitting more than an arm's length away from me.

bowener
06-08-2011, 01:16 PM
NSFW

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/TjC3R6jOtUo" allowfullscreen="" width="480" frameborder="0" height="390"></iframe>

Yes! One of my favorites.

Jaric
06-08-2011, 01:17 PM
LMAO

Yeah that's my understanding as well. You'd think that would come up during the meeting when they gave them the sales pitch.

To be serious for a second though, and you might not know this, but are follows of Islam not allowed to ask questions about this sort of thing? Even if just for clarification? Can't remember if you're Muslim or not, but I assume you'd be far more familiar with middle eastern culture than I would be, hence why I ask.

Donger
06-08-2011, 01:19 PM
It would be amusing if they got there and the 72 virgins were all guys, however.

Jaric
06-08-2011, 01:19 PM
It would be amusing if they got there and the 72 virgins were all guys, however.

Talk about not reading the fine print!

NewChief
06-08-2011, 01:21 PM
Yeah that's my understanding as well. You'd think that would come up during the meeting when they gave them the sales pitch.

To be serious for a second though, and you might not know this, but are follows of Islam not allowed to ask questions about this sort of thing? Even if just for clarification? Can't remember if you're Muslim or not, but I assume you'd be far more familiar with middle eastern culture than I would be, hence why I ask.

I don't think questioning would be too common in radical circles (similar to radical circles/cults in other religions). There's nothing, that I know of, that is doctrinal about unthinking acceptance of what an imam tells someone, though. Most of the muslim students I've had were extremely open-minded and philosophical about their religion, but that could be because most of them are the kids of progressive muslim professors.

Frankie
06-08-2011, 01:28 PM
To be serious for a second though, and you might not know this, but are follows of Islam not allowed to ask questions about this sort of thing? Even if just for clarification?

Depends on whose teachings they follow. Like most Christians and the Bible, most practicing Muslims are at the mercy of some religious "leader's" selective interpretations and teachings while unaware of their entire book. If that "leader" has radical political agendas, that's what gets injected into the sheeple's mind.

That's why I do not like the concept of "religion" while remaining a believer in a higher power.

Frankie
06-08-2011, 01:29 PM

Hell, if you had any certitude of that you'd convert to Radical Islam in a heartbeat.

RNR
06-08-2011, 01:53 PM
Talk about not reading the fine print!

Or not reading at all. As there is no guarantee of 72 virgins in the Quran~

Jaric
06-08-2011, 03:15 PM
I don't think questioning would be too common in radical circles (similar to radical circles/cults in other religions). There's nothing, that I know of, that is doctrinal about unthinking acceptance of what an imam tells someone, though. Most of the muslim students I've had were extremely open-minded and philosophical about their religion, but that could be because most of them are the kids of progressive muslim professors.

Depends on whose teachings they follow. Like most Christians and the Bible, most practicing Muslims are at the mercy of some religious "leader's" selective interpretations and teachings while unaware of their entire book. If that "leader" has radical political agendas, that's what gets injected into the sheeple's mind.

That's why I do not like the concept of "religion" while remaining a believer in a higher power.
That is sort of what I assumed but figured this was a chance to ask. Of course I probably shouldn't be looking for rational and logical thinking from people who are willing to believe that blowing yourself up will get you 72 virgins to have sex with in another dimension without at least questioning where that came from.

Thanks for the answer. Also, if it's not too much to ask, do you think you could at least tone down the "Death to America" posts. Thanks again in advance.

:D

Frankie
06-08-2011, 03:22 PM
Thanks for the answer. Also, if it's not too much to ask, do you think you could at least tone down the "Death to America" posts. Thanks again in advance.

:D

First you ask me to cool it on the flag burning. Now you want us to tone down the DTA post. There's a limit to pushing your luck before I blow myself up in your house.

Jaric
06-08-2011, 03:26 PM
First you ask me to cool it on the flag burning. Now you want us to tone down the DTA post. There's a limit to pushing your luck before I blow myself up in your house.

Ok easy there Frankie Fatwa. No need to blow your top. I admit I got greedy.

Frankie
06-08-2011, 04:07 PM
Ok easy there Frankie Fatwa. No need to blow your top. I admit I got greedy.

Good. May the refreshing scent of many camels ride the morning breeze into your home

Donger
06-08-2011, 04:13 PM
<iframe width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/E21byPXR1ek" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Bowser
06-08-2011, 04:25 PM
<iframe width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/E21byPXR1ek" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

What the hell caused that? If you wouldn't have known better, it almost looked like the pilot went suicidal.

go bowe
06-08-2011, 04:40 PM

this...

go bowe
06-08-2011, 04:46 PM
LMAO

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Donger
06-08-2011, 04:51 PM
What the hell caused that? If you wouldn't have known better, it almost looked like the pilot went suicidal.

Dickhead pilot. He was known to be reckless. Unfortunately, there were three other guys in the plane with him on that day, one of whom's family was there to see it.