PDA

View Full Version : Int'l Issues Why do we care about Libyia?

acesn8s
06-08-2011, 06:25 AM
Or Muammar Gaddafi?

Simplex3
06-08-2011, 06:28 AM
If people were spending their own money they wouldn't. It's way to easy to care when you have trillions of someone else's money to care with.

durtyrute
06-08-2011, 07:30 AM
Water and oil

Dave Lane
06-08-2011, 07:34 AM
Well for one gadoofy IS an actual terrorist that killed Americans and probably still harbors ill will to the US. He has probably been quietly sponsoring terrorism around the world for years, even recently.

And I don't give a shit about the Libyia you write about.

durtyrute
06-08-2011, 07:52 AM
Well for one gadoofy IS an actual terrorist that killed Americans and probably still harbors ill will to the US. He has probably been quietly sponsoring terrorism around the world for years, even recently.

It's funny, some will say the same about our own government

Rooster
06-08-2011, 09:04 AM
Or Muammar Gaddafi?

Because we need their plutonium to generate the 1.21 gigawatts of electricity for our flux capacitors.

go bowe
06-08-2011, 09:35 AM
Because we need their plutonium to generate the 1.21 gigawatts of electricity for our flux capacitors.

plutonium?

what about that stuff captain kirk used in his spacecraft?

dilithium or something?

do they have that in libya?

if not, we should get the hell out...

BigMeatballDave
06-08-2011, 11:25 PM
Oil. Duh.

KILLER_CLOWN
06-08-2011, 11:30 PM
Brzezinski says we must destabilize the region, so it's just another domino to fall.

listopencil
06-09-2011, 02:31 AM
I hate Gaddaffi because he kept me from going to Australia.

mikey23545
06-09-2011, 02:57 AM
It's OK for the U.S. to go after bloody dictators for "humanitarian" reasons if a Dem is in the White House...If a Republican is in the White House it's "War for Oil"...

HonestChieffan
06-09-2011, 06:25 AM
plutonium?

what about that stuff captain kirk used in his spacecraft?

dilithium or something?

do they have that in libya?

if not, we should get the hell out...

DiLithium Crystals. The Libyan form is a high sulfur/low grade/poor yield garbage that only a Romulen turd hauler would use. The good stuff comes from Missouri in secret caves guarded by Gnomes.

durtyrute
06-09-2011, 07:07 AM
It's OK for the U.S. to go after bloody dictators for "humanitarian" reasons if a Dem is in the White House...If a Republican is in the White House it's "War for Oil"...

It's still a "War for Oil" no matter who is in charge.

go bowe
06-09-2011, 09:34 AM
DiLithium Crystals. The Libyan form is a high sulfur/low grade/poor yield garbage that only a Romulen turd hauler would use. The good stuff comes from Missouri in secret caves guarded by Gnomes.

LMAO LMAO LMAO

vailpass
06-09-2011, 10:37 AM

If it were Bush instead of obama in Libya your talk would be completely different.
If it were obama instead of Bush that had gone to Iraq your spin would be completely different.
Loon you fucking puke.

Saul Good
06-09-2011, 11:15 AM
I try to pay more attention to the clatoryis than the libyia.

AustinChief
06-09-2011, 12:57 PM
It's still a "War for Oil" no matter who is in charge.

Except that we don't buy Libyan sweet crude... FRANCE, ITALY AND GERMANY DO. War for oil is bad enough but a war for oil for Eurotrash? That is unconscionable.

vailpass
06-09-2011, 01:12 PM
Except that we don't buy Libyan sweet crude... FRANCE, ITALY AND GERMANY DO. War for oil is bad enough but a war for oil for Eurotrash? That is unconscionable.

Bingo.

acesn8s
06-11-2011, 02:20 AM
Except that we don't buy Libyan sweet crude... FRANCE, ITALY AND GERMANY DO. War for oil is bad enough but a war for oil for Eurotrash? That is unconscionable.This is what I was thinking as well. We do not buy Libyan oil. So why are the newswires obsessed with what is going on there? Total anarchy could erupt there and not affect the U.S.

chiefqueen
06-11-2011, 08:56 AM
We need the Suez Canal to remain open. Iran could close the straight of Hormutz at any time and going around Africa is no longer an option b/c of pirates.

Direckshun
06-11-2011, 11:33 AM
Because he's a tyrant that wants to wear the skin of his dissidents.

That's a pretty good reason.

Easy 6
06-11-2011, 02:04 PM
I try to pay more attention to the clatoryis than the libyia.

:clap:

Warrior5
06-11-2011, 03:48 PM
This is what I was thinking as well. We do not buy Libyan oil. So why are the newswires obsessed with what is going on there? Total anarchy could erupt there and not affect the U.S.

We don't buy Yemeni oil either (does Yemen even have oil?). We've been conducting airstrikes there for awhile, yet our media couldn't care less.

AustinChief
06-11-2011, 03:56 PM
Because he's a tyrant that wants to wear the skin of his dissidents.

That's a pretty good reason.

As far as 'tyrants" go.. he is pretty FAR down the list of bad guys.. he is MODERATE compared to 90% of the regimes in Africa.. so don't use that bullshit excuse unless you can give me good reasons why we aren't bombing the crap out of Zimbabwe, Sudan, Myanmar, Cameroon, etc etc

This is a bullshit proxy action taken up for our European "buddies"

rrl308
06-11-2011, 04:37 PM
<iframe width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/COGWWYfjZSI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

rrl308
06-11-2011, 04:38 PM
<iframe width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/qogT-DDKHgQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Calcountry
06-11-2011, 04:50 PM

And I don't give a shit about the Libyia you write about.If this were true, then wtf did the dumb ass Scotts let that asshole out of prison?

Calcountry
06-11-2011, 04:51 PM
We need the Suez Canal to remain open. Iran could close the straight of Hormutz at any time and going around Africa is no longer an option b/c of pirates.Iran can't do that without attacking our carriers in the area.

Calcountry
06-11-2011, 04:52 PM
It's OK for the U.S. to go after bloody dictators for "humanitarian" reasons if a Dem is in the White House...If a Republican is in the White House it's "War for Oil"...That's because Dems put party ahead of country. Not all Dems mind you, but damn near all of them.