PDA

View Full Version : Obama Obama....is he this out of touch?

HonestChieffan
06-08-2011, 04:59 PM
Words say one thing, actions the exact opposite.

WASHINGTON (AFP) — President Barack Obama Wednesday argued that budget cuts that choke spending on clean energy and education would dishonor US history, previewing a 2012 campaign row with Republicans.

Obama defended his plans to invest in the economy of the future after Republican candidates pounced on dismal economic data to argue the president was consumed by European-style anti-market policies that slowed growth.

The president admitted that America was still going through tough economic times, but warned that the drive to cut the bulging US budget deficit should not come at the expense of future competitiveness.

“I want to make clear, that is not our history, that is not who we are, I don’t accept that future for the United States of America.

“I see a United States where this nation is able to out-compete every country on earth, where we continue to be the world’s engine for innovation and discovery.”

LiveSteam
06-08-2011, 05:10 PM
“I see a United States where this nation is able to out-compete every country on earth, where we continue to be the world’s engine for innovation and discovery.

Obama you are a stupid F-ing dick head.
Quit making me compete against the worlds cheapest labor. Not only are my brick prices at 1990 prices.But now I have OSHA breathing down my neck. Big fat lazy loser's driving around the neighborhoods. handing out tens of thousand$$$$ in fines. For nonsensical bull shit. Just so they can keep their jobs at OSHA. FUCK OFF OBAMA!

Otter
06-08-2011, 05:34 PM
Did he mention in that speech that China threatened the USA today that we would be "playing with fire" if we missed any payments on our debt to them?

Guess we have official 'bitch' status thanks to the debt we already owe them.

RedNeckRaider
06-08-2011, 05:44 PM
Yes~

KILLER_CLOWN
06-08-2011, 11:32 PM
You're assuming the Manchurian candidate was ever in touch.

HonestChieffan
06-09-2011, 06:36 AM
Im beginning to believe he is about to hit the wall created by a great campaign staff and his inherent great campaign skills and what I see as Reaville.

His greatest failing is his greatest strength...he can talk and preach and promise like nobodies business but cannot deliver a sack of poop to the garbage dump. He cannot finish and he talks a great game but in reality has been totally devoid of demonstrated leadership. He delegates, makes pretty speeches, flys around, and plays golf.

He is very very smooth, but the accusations he was an empty suit in the first go round now have real merit.

So when the campaign folks hand him speeches like this, he will go off on a run not recognizing his actions and policy and results are counter to the lofty hollow campaign speech bullshit he will be handing out.

Realville, USA aint a place he "gets".

Saulbadguy
06-09-2011, 06:51 AM
“I see a United States where this nation is able to out-compete every country on earth, where we continue to be the world’s engine for innovation and discovery.

Obama you are a stupid F-ing dick head.
Quit making me compete against the worlds cheapest labor. Not only are my brick prices at 1990 prices.But now I have OSHA breathing down my neck. Big fat lazy loser's driving around the neighborhoods. handing out tens of thousand$$$$ in fines. For nonsensical bull shit. Just so they can keep their jobs at OSHA. FUCK OFF OBAMA!

So you are pro-government interference of market activities then, I take it?

petegz28
06-09-2011, 09:59 AM
So nwo we need to spend because of historical tradition? Is that it? Who cares if we are broke, damn it, our history says bla bla bla. If he wanted us to compete like he says he would be lowering taxes, removing regulations and allowing business to do its thing instead of trying to dicatate how he "thinks" things should be no matter how much they don't work.

Amnorix
06-09-2011, 10:21 AM
Did he mention in that speech that China threatened the USA today that we would be "playing with fire" if we missed any payments on our debt to them?

Guess we have official 'bitch' status thanks to the debt we already owe them.

What exactly do you think China would do to us? Launch nukes?

vailpass
06-09-2011, 10:24 AM
I've never disliked being represented by someone so much in my life and it isn't even close.
Smarmy, uppity bullshit artist who doesn't see America anywhere close to the way I see America. Can not wait until this bastard is gone.

RedNeckRaider
06-09-2011, 10:25 AM
What exactly do you think China would do to us? Launch nukes?

Stop taking dollars completely and demand total payment in gold?

ChiTown
06-09-2011, 10:25 AM
Words say one thing, actions the exact opposite.

WASHINGTON (AFP) — President Barack Obama Wednesday argued that budget cuts that choke spending on clean energy and education would dishonor US history, previewing a 2012 campaign row with Republicans.

Obama defended his plans to invest in the economy of the future after Republican candidates pounced on dismal economic data to argue the president was consumed by European-style anti-market policies that slowed growth.

The president admitted that America was still going through tough economic times, but warned that the drive to cut the bulging US budget deficit should not come at the expense of future competitiveness.

“I want to make clear, that is not our history, that is not who we are, I don’t accept that future for the United States of America.

“I see a United States where this nation is able to out-compete every country on earth, where we continue to be the world’s engine for innovation and discovery.”

I think he just realizes that whatever agenda he pushes, it won't make a difference in his re-election. Until the Conservative's get their shit together, he could spend the remainder of his 1st term reading his teleprompter material to 2nd grade classrooms, and pushing for stronger legislation to improve meals at Denny's.

Iowanian
06-09-2011, 12:44 PM
I think when it comes to speaking on the average American ideal or on American interests, Obama acts like a flash bang has just gone off inside of the bubble in which he apparently has lived his entire life.

dirk digler
06-09-2011, 01:17 PM
I know this may not be popular but I don't see anything wrong with what he said.

How do we compete against China if we are standing on the sideline with our thumbs up our butt?

ChiTown
06-09-2011, 01:29 PM
I know this may not be popular but I don't see anything wrong with what he said.

How do we compete against China if we are standing on the sideline with our thumbs up are butt?

You can't compete with China right now anyway. He has to FIX the problems we have in this Country first and foremost before we consider taken on ANYONE.

Iowanian
06-09-2011, 01:36 PM
You can't compete with China right now anyway. He has to FIX the problems we have in this Country first and foremost before we consider taken on ANYONE.

If he wasn't still stumbled and reeling from the stun grenade that went off inside his head at an early age, had spent more time actually growing up in the United States and cared more about the position of the US instead of leveling the playing field for the world, me might actually have a clue what you're talking about.

US policy puts us at an economic disadvantage by trying to let others keep up.

F that.

dirk digler
06-09-2011, 01:39 PM

Ok but the problems we are facing didn't happen over night they have been going on for a decade or more.

I think we can compete just fine we just need to reevaluate our priorities such as no more endless wars, tax cuts that aren't paid for, and make sure we don't have any more financial and housing meltdowns.

RedNeckRaider
06-09-2011, 02:23 PM
Ok but the problems we are facing didn't happen over night they have been going on for a decade or more.

I think we can compete just fine we just need to reevaluate our priorities such as no more endless wars, tax cuts that aren't paid for, and make sure we don't have any more financial and housing meltdowns.

You will get no argument from me about the slide starting way before Barry. It could be argued that you could track the beginning back to the 70s. That said do you honestly think this administration is the one to lead us out of the mess we are in. IMO it has done nothing but hit the fast forward button~

dirk digler
06-09-2011, 02:34 PM
You will get no argument from me about the slide starting way before Barry. It could be argued that you could track the beginning back to the 70s. That said do you honestly think this administration is the one to lead us out of the mess we are in. IMO it has done nothing but hit the fast forward button~

I am probably stupid but my view is the biggest problem for our country isn't the deficit\spending it is that we have 10 million + plus people unemployed that weren't 4 years ago. That doesn't mean we shouldn't cut wasteful spending but if we got people back to work we would get more revenue and not have to pay unemployment benefits etc..

We need to fix that first and I don't have the answer for it especially when large corporations are sitting on trillions of dollars and not hiring or spending any of it. Why are they doing that?

Bowser
06-09-2011, 02:36 PM
I hate this thread, only because I've got that frickin Hall and Oates song stuck in my head. nttiawwt

HonestChieffan
06-09-2011, 02:40 PM

How do we compete against China if we are standing on the sideline with our thumbs up are butt?

That is exactly the point! He can say the words that make folks feel good. But his actions are totally disconnected. Do you need any more evidence that his ideas are unworkable, his polices destructive and his entire approach is not only wrong but is totally different than the campaign speeches he gives?

Name one thing, ONe, that he has done to make US business more competitive with anybody. He has been the President for over two years. Has he done one thing to assist US business to compete on a global basis?

Why is business hesitant to expand? 1) demand. Low employment=low demand. 2) Uncertainty. No business will invest under Obama on the hopes the investment will pay off because they have no indication he is taking the right steps to fix the economy and they see nothing but higher cost of doing business if he remains in office.

Obama wants more spending on Education...thats cool. But its a local and state issue, not a federal mandate that should drive education spending. You dont need Obama to tell Clinton Missouri how to run their schools and mandate how tax dollars are spent in Clinton. You have a school board and an administration who can do that far better than some dimbulb in Washington.

To be more competitive globally means a business has to be more efficient. Who will invest in efficiency, spending loads of money if they have only ObamaCare to look forward to, the constant threat of higher taxes on independent business and corporations, and unending regulatory issues made worse by Obama?

Is this clean energy crap something you support over all other options for the dollar? Are there more important things to spend your and my tax dollars on? Im not saying its a bad idea, Im saying that if we have a limited number of dollars, spend them on the highest priority first, not some green energy bullshit like making me but a new curlycue light bulb or another damn windmill on a hill in Kansas.

If he wants American business to be competitive in the future, dont tell me a new windmill and a halfbright lightbulb will make Apple more competitive, we can sell more ag products, or that we will export more cars.

This guy is a magic act in a carnival side show.

RedNeckRaider
06-09-2011, 02:48 PM
I am probably stupid but my view is the biggest problem for our country isn't the deficit\spending it is that we have 10 million + plus people unemployed that weren't 4 years ago. That doesn't mean we shouldn't cut wasteful spending but if we got people back to work we would get more revenue and not have to pay unemployment benefits etc..

We need to fix that first and I don't have the answer for it especially when large corporations are sitting on trillions of dollars and not hiring or spending any of it. Why are they doing that?

I do not have the answer. I do know you cannot barrow your way out of debt. That is exactly what was tried and of course failed leaving us teetering near depression~

dirk digler
06-09-2011, 02:54 PM
That is exactly the point! He can say the words that make folks feel good. But his actions are totally disconnected. Do you need any more evidence that his ideas are unworkable, his polices destructive and his entire approach is not only wrong but is totally different than the campaign speeches he gives?

Name one thing, ONe, that he has done to make US business more competitive with anybody. He has been the President for over two years. Has he done one thing to assist US business to compete on a global basis?

Why is business hesitant to expand? 1) demand. Low employment=low demand. 2) Uncertainty. No business will invest under Obama on the hopes the investment will pay off because they have no indication he is taking the right steps to fix the economy and they see nothing but higher cost of doing business if he remains in office.

Obama wants more spending on Education...thats cool. But its a local and state issue, not a federal mandate that should drive education spending. You dont need Obama to tell Clinton Missouri how to run their schools and mandate how tax dollars are spent in Clinton. You have a school board and an administration who can do that far better than some dimbulb in Washington.

To be more competitive globally means a business has to be more efficient. Who will invest in efficiency, spending loads of money if they have only ObamaCare to look forward to, the constant threat of higher taxes on independent business and corporations, and unending regulatory issues made worse by Obama?

Is this clean energy crap something you support over all other options for the dollar? Are there more important things to spend your and my tax dollars on? Im not saying its a bad idea, Im saying that if we have a limited number of dollars, spend them on the highest priority first, not some green energy bullshit like making me but a new curlycue light bulb or another damn windmill on a hill in Kansas.

If he wants American business to be competitive in the future, dont tell me a new windmill and a halfbright lightbulb will make Apple more competitive, we can sell more ag products, or that we will export more cars.

This guy is a magic act in a carnival side show.

I am sure there are more things he has done for businesses but off the top of my head IIRC he signed an executive order about reducing regulations that corporations wanted. He has got a former CEO as COS so I am sure more will come.

Education I agree with you for the most part and I will also give you that some of the reluctance from business could be related to health care.

As far as clean energy industry I absolutely believe this is the next new big industry and if we don't step up China will and we will lose our ass.

Iowanian
06-09-2011, 03:00 PM
He's increased insurance burdens, health insurance burdens, weakened the dollar and supports policies to level the playing field for the world....not to better the environment for American businesses. He's hired multiple IRS agents who do nothing but try to give small businesses a colonscopy. II know multiple small business owners who are getting hassled about 2007 this year. It's bullshit. American companies(oil for example) have more regulations and aren't permitted to work in the same areas/waters that foreign companies are.....it goes on.

Obama is campaigning for king of the UN or something, because it sure isn't to make it a better place for American business success.