PDA

View Full Version : Elections Rudy Giuliani is running for president

Chocolate Hog
06-08-2011, 06:47 PM
http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/rudys-running_573998.html

I'm told by two reliable sources that Rudy Giuliani intends to run for the GOP nomination for president in 2012. He may throw his hat in the ring soon.

Rudy's theory of the race: In the fall of 2007, he decided he couldn't compete with both Mitt Romney and John McCain in New Hampshire, and disastrously decided to try to pull back there and pitch his tent in Florida. This year, he'll commit everything to New Hampshire, where he thinks he has a good shot at beating Romney—whom he criticized there earlier this week. He then thinks he can beat whichever more socially conservative candidate(s) is left by winning what are still likely to be winner-take-all primaries in big states like California, New York, and New Jersey.

Rudy's message: I'm tough enough to put our fiscal house in order and to protect us from enemies abroad. The U.S. in 2012 is in bad shape—like New York in 1993. The budget crisis is as severe—and seemingly intractable—as the crime/welfare crisis was in New York then. Rudy dealt with that when people said it couldn't be done. He'll deal with this.

Isn't his abysmal 2008 campaign a disqualifier? Rudy's answer: Consider the New York parallel. Rudy lost to David Dinkins in 1989, making several unforced errors and running without a focused message. In 1993, as the streets of New York plunged into crisis, Rudy ran a disciplined campaign pledging to turn the city around. He won, and in a disciplined first term, he governed successfully.

It seems implausible that Rudy Giuliani could win the nomination. But it's an implausible year.

Bowser
06-08-2011, 06:49 PM
:facepalm:

Dave Lane
06-08-2011, 06:50 PM
Awesome!!

Maybe Reject will come back...

Jenson71
06-08-2011, 06:50 PM
What was the name of that college Republican that loved Rudy and posted here? Jake-something?

Bowser
06-08-2011, 06:53 PM
What was the name of that college Republican that loved Rudy and posted here? Jake-something?

recxjake, I think

durtyrute
06-08-2011, 06:58 PM
I bet he rides that 9/11 bullshit straight to the top

Dave Lane
06-08-2011, 07:21 PM
recxjake, I think

No no, no, it was Reject. Please make sure you have proper spelling after this point. You are on notice.

notorious
06-08-2011, 07:27 PM
I don't.....know.....what.....to think about this.........

Simplex3
06-08-2011, 07:28 PM
:facepalm:

+1

SNR
06-08-2011, 07:47 PM
recxjake, I think
I really do miss that guy. It's nothing but the same assholes here day in and day out. Let's bring back some of the old same assholes.

alnorth
06-08-2011, 07:48 PM
This news is about as relevant as Santorum's announcement.

kstater
06-08-2011, 07:49 PM
protect us from enemies abroad.

ummm....

Chiefshrink
06-08-2011, 08:24 PM
I bet he rides that 9/11 bullshit straight to the top

Just like "O bastard" will ride that "It's all Bush's fault and too f'd up to fix" straight to the top, uh:shrug::rolleyes:

Frankie
06-08-2011, 08:41 PM
This news is about as relevant as Santorum's announcement.

Heh heh, you said santorum.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=santorum

santorum

The sometimes frothy, usually slimy, amalgam of lubricant, stray fecal matter, and ejaculate that leaks out of the receiving partner's anus after a session of anal intercourse. Named, by popular demand and usage, after legislator Rick Santorum because of his homophobic political statements.
"That move was about as slick as santorum!"

durtyrute
06-09-2011, 07:08 AM
Just like "O bastard" will ride that "It's all Bush's fault and too f'd up to fix" straight to the top, uh:shrug::rolleyes:

Yea, people continue to give him a pass for just about everything he does.

Saulbadguy
06-09-2011, 07:13 AM
ummm....

Heh.

Frankie
06-09-2011, 09:37 PM
ummm....

Heh.

'cough'

Bewbies
06-09-2011, 10:11 PM
He and Ron Paul are going to get the same number of electoral votes.

SNR
06-10-2011, 12:13 PM
He and Ron Paul are going to get the same number of electoral votes.I'll bet you a signature for a month that Ron Paul wins more delegates than Giuliani.

You heard me. DelegateS

Bewbies
06-10-2011, 12:21 PM
I'll bet you a signature for a month that Ron Paul wins more delegates than Giuliani.

You heard me. DelegateS

I can't do that, Rudy won't get one.

Chocolate Hog
06-10-2011, 01:02 PM
I'll bet you a signature for a month that Ron Paul wins more delegates than Giuliani.

You heard me. DelegateS

I thought for awhile Ron would have some great momentum because I think he'll win the big Iowa Straw Poll and get a golden ticket out of Iowa. Then he started talking about Heroin and he would have handled the Osama thing differently.....

Dayze
06-10-2011, 01:03 PM
I can never hear the name Rudy Giuliani and not think of those SNL skits with Chris Farley as his son

Dave Lane
06-10-2011, 01:09 PM
I can never hear the name Rudy Giuliani and not think of those SNL skits with Chris Farley as his son

I can't hear his name mentioned where I don't see him in drag. I think I was permanently scarred after seeing that.

Bewbies
06-10-2011, 02:29 PM
I thought for awhile Ron would have some great momentum because I think he'll win the big Iowa Straw Poll and get a golden ticket out of Iowa. Then he started talking about Heroin and he would have handled the Osama thing differently.....

Bingo. For all his good ideas he has the crazy side that scares the shit out of people.

Thig Lyfe
06-10-2011, 02:31 PM
I give him 9:11 odds to win the nomination.

Ace Gunner
06-12-2011, 09:35 PM
**** rudy g... ****in scumbag pos

I think ron paul is gonna surprise - there are a lot of young ppl that are crazy about him. we'll see. but the dude has his priorities right & hey, you can't have 'change' without changing shit out. who gives a **** about heroin users anyway? really. how many are there? does anyone on this board know a heroin head? **** no. the shit is a myth cooked up to keep y'all thinking there's some massive heroin culture. there isn't. oxycontin users there are, tho... heroin with a script... imagine that...