PDA

View Full Version : Food and Drink Barbecue Street in Atlanta area

BigMeatballDave
06-12-2011, 04:39 PM
Hey, Simply Red, or anyone else in the ATL. Anyone ever eat there before?

That was the worst BBQ I have ever had the misfortune of eating.

Very little smoke flavoring of the meat. Sauces were just OK.

My son had spare ribs. He didnt like them.

I'm still in awe of how bad it was.

bevischief
06-12-2011, 04:51 PM

I hope you didn't spend a lot...

BigMeatballDave
06-12-2011, 05:51 PM
$28 for my son and I.

cdcox
06-12-2011, 07:25 PM
I tried Dreamland BBQ in Alabama last year. It wasn't terrible, but nothing at all to write home about.

MoreLemonPledge
06-12-2011, 07:35 PM
$28 for my son and I.

Ouch...

I think I take KC BBQ for granted.

Gadzooks
06-12-2011, 07:53 PM
Kentucky BBQ is shit too if It makes you fell any better.

Reaper16
06-12-2011, 08:03 PM
I tried Dreamland BBQ in Alabama last year. It wasn't terrible, but nothing at all to write home about.
Which one? I share your assessment, but I do know that the original location and the one in nearby Northport are way, way better than the other six locations.

cdcox
06-12-2011, 09:13 PM
Which one? I share your assessment, but I do know that the original location and the one in nearby Northport are way, way better than the other six locations.

I went to the original Tuscaloosa location. I didn't know until I googled it that Tuscaloosa was the original. The building was authentic, I'll give 'em that.

Reaper16
06-12-2011, 09:18 PM
I went to the original Tuscaloosa location. I didn't know until I googled it that Tuscaloosa was the original. The building was authentic, I'll give 'em that.
Heh, that little building is a pretty great spot.

Dreamland has a good sauce, a lovely sausage, and average ribs. I can see why its so beloved, but there are at least 5 better BBQ joints in Tuscaloosa. Dreamland certainly isn't good enough to compare to Kansas City.

BigMeatballDave
06-12-2011, 09:48 PM
On my way thru Atlanta I saw where 2 tornadoes crossed I-75 north and south of Atlanta.

Lots of trees shredded and uprooted. A little creepy.

Dave Lane
06-12-2011, 10:34 PM
On my way thru Atlanta I saw where 2 tornadoes crossed I-75 north and south of Atlanta.

Lots of trees shredded and uprooted. A little creepy.

They were pretty pissed about the BBQ too.

Lbedrock1
06-12-2011, 11:57 PM

Here is my advice to anyone from K.C. who has had K.C. Bar-B-Q. Don't eat at any Bar-B-Q places in Atlanta or it's surrounding areas unless you feel like being disappointed or unless you are doing the bar-b-q-in. You people who are still in K.C. just dont know how good you have it.

BigMeatballDave
06-13-2011, 07:37 AM
Here is my advice to anyone from K.C. who has had K.C. Bar-B-Q. Don't eat at any Bar-B-Q places in Atlanta or it's surrounding areas unless you feel like being disappointed or unless you are doing the bar-b-q-in. You people who are still in K.C. just dont know how good you have it.What I don't get is Sonny's bbq in Georgia isn't too bad. I've had it a few times over the last year.

the Talking Can
06-13-2011, 07:41 AM
bbq in georgia is pretty bad....you just have to go in with low expectations

and Sonnys?....that's for junkies who need a fix, last place i'd go...

BigMeatballDave
06-13-2011, 07:54 AM
There is a place up here in Ohio I go called City bbq. Its actually pretty good.

Fire Me Boy!
06-13-2011, 07:56 AM
bbq in georgia is pretty bad....you just have to go in with low expectations

and Sonnys?....that's for junkies who need a fix, last place i'd go...

Barbecue in South Carolina is worse.

I had Dreamland in Montgomery last week. First time. It wasn't awful. Didn't care for the sauce, the ribs were decent and the sausage was pretty good. Beans were not good.

BigMeatballDave
06-13-2011, 08:03 AM

I had Dreamland in Montgomery last week. First time. It wasn't awful. Didn't care for the sauce, the ribs were decent and the sausage was pretty good. Beans were not good.When I was living in Akron, Oh there was a Old Carolina BBQ Co. I used to frequent every month. There beef was good.

I need to make a weekend trip to KC sometime for some real bbq.

dtebbe
06-13-2011, 08:19 AM
Fox Bros. is about the only decent BBQ in Atlanta:

http://www.foxbrosbbq.com/

On most days it's on par with average KC BBQ.

DT

Dayze
06-13-2011, 10:01 AM
off topic, but I'm sending a Navy buddy of mine who lives in New York a few bottles of bbq sauce - Firebug Hot, Arthur Bryants, and Jack Stack.
He was saying BBQ is, uh...'limited' up there. lol.

..carry on.

Lbedrock1
06-13-2011, 11:01 AM
What I don't get is Sonny's bbq in Georgia isn't too bad. I've had it a few times over the last year.

Riddle me this Batman. What does sonny's compare to in K.C.? Is there a place in K.C. that you would pass up to go to sonny's?

Dave Lane
06-13-2011, 11:21 AM
Riddle me this Batman. What does sonny's compare to in K.C.? Is there a place in K.C. that you would pass up to go to sonny's?

Zarda at the very best. I can't think of anything that bad here. Maybe Zardas crossed with Outback steakhouse.

BigMeatballDave
06-13-2011, 11:44 AM
Riddle me this Batman. What does sonny's compare to in K.C.? Is there a place in K.C. that you would pass up to go to sonny's?I've haven't had KC bbq since 96. I remember it was awesome and nothing i have had since comes close.

Reaper16
06-13-2011, 12:10 PM

I had Dreamland in Montgomery last week. First time. It wasn't awful. Didn't care for the sauce, the ribs were decent and the sausage was pretty good. Beans were not good.

Wait, how long have you been living in Montgomery? SAME STATE BUDDIES.

Fire Me Boy!
06-13-2011, 01:12 PM
Wait, how long have you been living in Montgomery? SAME STATE BUDDIES.

Got a promotion to corporate last summer and moved to AL in August.