PDA

View Full Version : Media WHAT?!!! FOX News racist?!!!!... NO WAY!!!

Frankie
06-14-2011, 11:51 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_thecutline/20110614/ts_yblog_thecutline/fox-business-host-apologizes-for-using-language-interpreted-as-racist-we-did-go-a-bit-too-far

LMAO

Fox Business host apologizes for using ‘language interpreted’ as racist: ‘We did go a bit too far’

By Dylan Stableford
1 hr 21 mins ago

Eric Bolling, host of the Fox Business Network show "Follow the Money," apologized to viewers on Monday for using racist language during a segment that aired last week.

"We got a little fast and loose with the language," Bolling said, "and we know it's being interpreted as disrespectful, and for that I'm sorry."
In a segment that aired on Friday, Bolling referred to the White House as the "Hizzouse" and "Hizzy," and President Obama's guests--including Gabon President Ali Bongo--as "hoods."

"We did go a bit too far," Bolling admitted.

You can watch the full, 14-second clip of Bolling's apology here: http://video.foxbusiness.com/v/991802677001

mlyonsd
06-14-2011, 11:56 AM
I'm not sure the White House thinks Fox Business is as fair and balanced Fox News. Wonder if they'll come out and support them too.

Donger
06-14-2011, 11:59 AM
Fox News is Fox Business now?

ROYC75
06-14-2011, 12:01 PM
Poor taste, Yes.

But what makes it racist, just because a Liberal says so.

whoman69
06-14-2011, 12:17 PM
Poor taste, Yes.

Uhm...ok? Really?????

vailpass
06-14-2011, 12:34 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_thecutline/20110614/ts_yblog_thecutline/fox-business-host-apologizes-for-using-language-interpreted-as-racist-we-did-go-a-bit-too-far

LMAO

Fox Business host apologizes for using ‘language interpreted’ as racist: ‘We did go a bit too far’

By Dylan Stableford
1 hr 21 mins ago

Eric Bolling, host of the Fox Business Network show "Follow the Money," apologized to viewers on Monday for using racist language during a segment that aired last week.

"We got a little fast and loose with the language," Bolling said, "and we know it's being interpreted as disrespectful, and for that I'm sorry."
In a segment that aired on Friday, Bolling referred to the White House as the "Hizzouse" and "Hizzy," and President Obama's guests--including Gabon President Ali Bongo--as "hoods."

You can watch the full, 14-second clip of Bolling's apology here: http://video.foxbusiness.com/v/991802677001

LMAO

Dallas Chief
06-14-2011, 02:42 PM
Poor taste, Yes.

Poor taste? Not really. Unprofessional? Absolutely. Can you imagine Brian Williams or Lou Dobbs dropping the street slang like that from the anchor desk? Plus, Frankie really likes to dramatize this stuff with divisive buzzwords like Racist or Nazi or Rightwing. That's the game themdems likes to play. Any questions? Please acks...:p

RedNeckRaider
06-14-2011, 02:58 PM
Edit: Harry Reid is a lefty so the bolded is indeed not racist~

Racism is out of control!!! Next thing you know someone is going to say Obama can still be re-elected because he is a "light-skinned" African-American "with no negro dialect, unless he wanted to have one." The type of people who say these things should not be allowed to work for a network or god forbid our government~

Iowanian
06-14-2011, 03:01 PM
If using street slang isn't appropriate in or concerning the whitehouse, then the sitting President shouldn't use it.

alpha_omega
06-14-2011, 03:02 PM
Unprofessional: Yes

Funny as hell: Yes

vailpass
06-14-2011, 03:05 PM
Your wife's a Bigfoot, isn't she, Gus? Your wife is a Bigfoot, isn't she? That's why the bitch's moustache is so motherfuckin' thick... 'cause you shaved the bitch down and taught her to speak. I know a motherfuckin' Bigfoot when I see one! Don't bring a Bigfoot into my home, Gus! With my children? The bitch can't talk! She can't walk a flight of steps! She's not trained well, Gus! She can *not* walk steps! I'll bet she climbs the fuck outta trees, though, don't she, Gus? Doesn't she? DOESN'T SHE?

Der Flöprer
06-14-2011, 03:18 PM
I just opened this thread to see either A. Frankie taking some abuse from some rednecks, or B. Someone justifying what was said.

Outside of Roy, I didn't really see either one. Shocking.

mikey23545
06-14-2011, 03:25 PM
Gimme me a fist bump, Prez...

mikey23545
06-14-2011, 03:26 PM
I just opened this thread to see either A. Frankie taking some abuse from some rednecks, or B. Someone justifying what was said.

You're really getting to be cocksock full of sand lately.

RedNeckRaider
06-14-2011, 03:32 PM

EASY! with the rednecks attack~

Der Flöprer
06-14-2011, 03:33 PM
You're really getting to be cocksock full of sand lately.

I'm sorry if the truth hurts. Not really, but it's the polite thing to say.

Der Flöprer
06-14-2011, 03:34 PM
EASY! with the rednecks attack~

There are exceptions to every rule. :D

Shit, Obama is one of them.

mikey23545
06-14-2011, 03:44 PM

I know you're going overboard to display your "sensitivity" and "compassion" ever since the noswad tag incident, but I think you're trying a little too hard.

mikey23545
06-14-2011, 04:02 PM

Oh, abusing your mod powers as well...You really are a precious little cunt, aren't you?...LMAO

Reaper16
06-14-2011, 04:05 PM
If using street slang isn't appropriate in or concerning the whitehouse, then the sitting President shouldn't use it.
wut

Donger
06-14-2011, 04:12 PM
I don't understand the "Hizzy" and "Hizzhouse" reference, but the "hoods" comment seems to be a direct reference to their race.

orange
06-14-2011, 04:17 PM
I don't understand the "Hizzy" and "Hizzhouse" reference, but the "hoods" comment seems to be a direct reference to their race.

When in doubt - Urban Dictionary (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=hizzy)

Donger
06-14-2011, 04:19 PM
When in doubt - Urban Dictionary (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=hizzy)

I still don't still the racial reference.

orange
06-14-2011, 04:22 PM
I still don't still the racial reference.

4. Hizzy
Ebonic slang for many words that start with "H". The "Izzy" turns just about any word into slang.

You know what Ebonics is, right?

Donger
06-14-2011, 04:27 PM
4. Hizzy
Ebonic slang for many words that start with "H". The "Izzy" turns just about any word into slang.

You know what Ebonics is, right?

Oh, I missed that. Yes, that does seem a bit over-the-top.

ROYC75
06-14-2011, 04:29 PM
Seriously, Hizzy, Hizzouse, and Hoods are not OK to use in the white culture but OK to use in the black culture, providing it's the blacks referencing the blacks ?

We have been down this road before, don't call it a race issue if it's being used in the black culture.

orange
06-14-2011, 04:33 PM
We have been down this road before, don't call it a race issue if it's being used in the black culture.

Would you say drinking Guinness in Ireland is "chugging 40s?"

ROYC75
06-14-2011, 04:55 PM

A lot of Latino's drink 40's ..... are they / is it racist ?

Bewbies
06-14-2011, 05:25 PM

Chugging 40's?

I thought it was a fo-tee.

orange
06-14-2011, 05:28 PM
It's racist when you accuse the President of "chugging 40s" when he's drinking Guinness in Ireland while black.

vailpass
06-14-2011, 05:35 PM
It's racist when you accuse the President of "chugging 40s" when he's drinking Guinness in Ireland while black.

Get the fuck out of here; nobody appointed you to a judge's post.

ROYC75
06-14-2011, 05:42 PM

wut ?:spock:

You Dems & Libs always want to cry race anytime somebody disagrees with you.

Facts be known, Dems & Lib's were well known for being racist.

orange
06-14-2011, 05:48 PM
A Tale of Two Cities*
http://www.goodnewstimes.ie/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/ireland_obama.jpg http://www.irishhistorian.com/Years/ReaganBallyporeen.jpg

Eric Bolling: "The hood, obviously."

* another book vailpuss hasn't read

Fish
06-14-2011, 05:54 PM
Oh, abusing your mod powers as well...You really are a precious little cunt, aren't you?...LMAO

LMAO

WV
06-14-2011, 05:59 PM
It's always been a hyper sensitive subject and it's more exaggerated now with a sitting black president....so why even get near the line with this stupid stuff.

mnchiefsguy
06-14-2011, 05:59 PM
A Tale of Two Cities*
http://www.goodnewstimes.ie/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/ireland_obama.jpg http://www.irishhistorian.com/Years/ReaganBallyporeen.jpg

The real insult is in referring to a glass of Guinness as a "40"...a "40" is a beer, a Guinness is a gift from God.

ROYC75
06-14-2011, 06:00 PM
A Tale of Two Cities*

Both are drinking beer, or rather dark beer . Why does it matter ?

Fish
06-14-2011, 06:00 PM
The real insult is in referring to a glass of Guinness as a "40"...a "40" is a beer, a Guinness is a gift from God.

Which God? Cause Guinness is a crappy beer....

orange
06-14-2011, 06:08 PM
Both are drinking beer, or rather dark beer . Why does it matter ?

It matters because Eric Bolling has diarrhea of the mouth and can't avoid spewing. ("chugging 40s" was his previous expulsion, a couple months ago)

Which brings us back to the thread title, "FOX News racist?!!!!... NO WAY!!!"

And the answer is, "Yes, way!"

[edit]

Love the "we," Eric. As in "we" slapped Bolling down and forced this non-apology apology. Even FOX has its limits.

ROYC75
06-14-2011, 06:21 PM
It matters because Eric Bolling has diarrhea of the mouth and can't avoid spewing. ("chugging 40s" was his previous expulsion, a couple months ago)

[edit]

Love the "we," Eric. As in "we" slapped Bolling down and forced this non-apology apology. Even FOX has its limits.

Most college kids or anybody who has drank beer has probably tried to chug a 40 before. Again, what is racist in this ? Was it over the top because all Presidents have probably drank beer? Sure. The chugging 40's while Joplin was being under a massive tornado was bad judgment. I don't think anybody will argue that point. But you are labeling him as racist just because he used the term, chuggin 40's ?

That would be like claiming everybody that eats watermelon is racist. For years if you used the word watermelon and black people , it was considered racist, same goes for fried chicken, same goes for chitlins.

People today are to cynical .

Der Flöprer
06-14-2011, 06:30 PM
No one in the world is racist, Roy. It's all a big facade created by liberals. I mean who would know better than you out there in the hills of Kentucky?

Radar Chief
06-14-2011, 06:32 PM
Which God? Cause Guinness is a crappy beer....

Blasphemer! Of course if you're drinking anything other than Extra Stout you're drinking the wrong Guinness.

vailpass
06-14-2011, 06:33 PM

[edit]

Easy there Sparky, remember what your doctor told you about getting worked up about nothing. Not good for you.

Jaric
06-14-2011, 06:33 PM
Most college kids or anybody who has drank beer has probably tried to chug a 40 before. Again, what is racist in this ? Was it over the top because all Presidents have probably drank beer? Sure. The chugging 40's while Joplin was being under a massive tornado was bad judgment. I don't think anybody will argue that point. But you are labeling him as racist just because he used the term, chuggin 40's ?

That would be like claiming everybody that eats watermelon is racist. For years if you used the word watermelon and black people , it was considered racist, same goes for fried chicken, same goes for chitlins.

People today are to cynical .

Probably because the idea of "chugging 40s" is generally associated with gang members or general hoodlums

It also seems to be establishing a pattern of right wing media (not all, just some) trying to paint Obama as some kind of gangbanger.

Does that automatically make it a racist statement? Not exactly. But this doesn't seem to me to be another case of simply playing the race card to avoid criticism. It is at the least incredibly unprofessional and at worst
racially motivated.

I really wish Fox news and other would knock this shit off. There are more than enough reasons to criticize Obama simply on how he has performed as president. When you start making these kind of comments it flat out kills your credibility to do so because it makes people question your motives.

In other words, these morons are doing Obama a favor with this kind of shit.

ROYC75
06-14-2011, 06:36 PM
No one in the world is racist, Roy. It's all a big facade created by liberals. I mean who would know better than you out there in the hills of Kentucky?

Don't get me wrong, yes there are racist people in the world. But not everybody who uses a word from the black culture is racist.

My take is simple, if the black folk use it, it's not racist. Period. Doesn't matter if it is their slang, culture, whatever, as long as they continue to use that garbage, it's garbage. People of all color, ethnic, should be able to use it.

Years ago we were all oppose to not use such garbage,it's too sensitive to the black people. Then the gangsta crap came along and it's suddenly OK, but yet if a white man uses it, it's taboo ? Check your stand up comics now days, are they racist?

Der Flöprer
06-14-2011, 06:36 PM
Probably because the idea of "chugging 40s" is generally associated with gang members or general hoodlums

It also seems to be establishing a pattern of right wing media (not all, just some) trying to paint Obama as some kind of gangbanger.

Does that automatically make it a racist statement? Not exactly. But this doesn't seem to me to be another case of simply playing the race card to avoid criticism. It is at the least incredibly unprofessional and at worst
racially motivated.

I really wish Fox news and other would knock this shit off. There are more than enough reasons to criticize Obama simply on how he has performed as president. When you start making these kind of comments it flat out kills your credibility to do so because it makes people question your motives.

Couldn't have said it any better myself. It's going to be hard to get this guy out of office when you'll hear nothing but these types of soundbites during the campaign tugging on the heartstrings of sensible Americans. You have to remember, stupid people get to vote too. They vote with their hearts instead of their brains. And they vote how they're told too.

ROYC75
06-14-2011, 06:37 PM

racially motivated.

I agree, it only fuels the fire for them.

Der Flöprer
06-14-2011, 06:37 PM
Don't get me wrong, yes there are racist people in the world. But not everybody who uses a word from the black culture is racist.

My take is simple, if the black folk use it, it's not racist. Period. Doesn't matter if it is their slang, culture, whatever, as long as they continue to use that garbage, it's garbage. People of all color, ethnic, should be able to use it.

Years ago we were all oppose to not use such garbage,it's too sensitive to the black people. Then the gangsta crap came along and it's suddenly OK, but yet if a white man uses it, it's taboo ? Check your stand up comics now days, are they racist?

That's incredibly short sighted logic, Roy. You have NO idea what it's like to be a minority in this country. None.

ROYC75
06-14-2011, 06:40 PM
Sure there are Republican racist people, Truth be know, some of the biggest racist in years were Democrats & Liberals.

ROYC75
06-14-2011, 06:40 PM
That's incredibly short sighted logic, Roy. You have NO idea what it's like to be a minority in this country. None.

Really, none ?

Der Flöprer
06-14-2011, 06:44 PM
Really, none ?

Here's your chance to show me up, Roy, though I don't think you're that kind of guy. Feel free though to show me where I'm wrong.

Der Flöprer
06-14-2011, 06:45 PM
Sure there are Republican racist people, Truth be know, some of the biggest racist in years were Democrats & Liberals.

I don't even disagree with that. A lot of liberals would love to stack the deck so deep that straight, white, men would be the "minorities".

ROYC75
06-14-2011, 06:53 PM
Here's your chance to show me up, Roy, though I don't think you're that kind of guy. Feel free though to show me where I'm wrong.

Before I blow your theory up, Please explain to me how or why you feel this way ?

patteeu
06-14-2011, 07:12 PM
Couldn't have said it any better myself. It's going to be hard to get this guy out of office when you'll hear nothing but these types of soundbites during the campaign tugging on the heartstrings of sensible Americans. You have to remember, stupid people get to vote too. They vote with their hearts instead of their brains. And they vote how they're told too.

I see plenty of those people in this thread calling this racism. It's pretty clearly not a smart thing to have said (because we all understand that there are plenty of race-baiters ready to pounce and because there are plenty of hypersensitive morons ready to take the bait).

It's possible the guy is a racist, but his use of hizzouse and hizzy don't provide any evidence of anything but the fact that he's familiar with hiphop slang. It's not clear to me what he means by hoods, but I assume it's short for hoodlums which can come in all races. Blacks shouldn't be immune to being called a hood[lum] although it's poor taste to call accuse an innocent man as being such. Most third world leaders (and in some ways many of our own leaders) are corrupt though so it's probably an apt description in this case.

patteeu
06-14-2011, 07:14 PM

Do you?

Pants
06-14-2011, 07:21 PM
I see plenty of those people in this thread calling this racism. It's pretty clearly not a smart thing to have said (because we all understand that there are plenty of race-baiters ready to pounce and because there are plenty of hypersensitive morons ready to take the bait).

It's possible the guy is a racist, but his use of hizzouse and hizzy don't provide any evidence of anything but the fact that he's familiar with hiphop slang. It's not clear to me what he means by hoods, but I assume it's short for hoodlums which can come in all races. Blacks shouldn't be immune to being called a hood[lum] although it's poor taste to call accuse an innocent man as being such. Most third world leaders (and in some ways many of our own leaders) are corrupt though so it's probably an apt description in this case.

Do you think he would have used those words if Barack Obama was named John McCain and was white?

Honestly, anyone arguing that calling two black men "hoods" is not racist is either ignorant to a limit approaching infinity (Roy) or is being intellectually dishonest (you).

patteeu
06-14-2011, 07:28 PM
Do you think he would have used those words if Barack Obama was named John McCain and was white?

Honestly, anyone arguing that calling two black men "hoods" is not racist is either ignorant to a limit approaching infinity (Roy) or is being intellectually dishonest (you).

I think that if John McCain was 25 years younger and had run as a hip leader of the new generation and if he'd have had hiphop ballers like Dr. Dre and Eminem up to the hizzouse for a party, there's a decent chance that he would.

I think you're seeing too much meaning in skin color, which of course is ironic.

bowener
06-14-2011, 07:31 PM

Whites Believe They Are Victims of Racism More Often Than Blacks (http://www.newswise.com/articles/whites-believe-they-are-victims-of-racism-more-often-than-blacks)

ROYC75
06-14-2011, 07:31 PM

Your post is not amusing to say the least.. Howbeit, Your 1st point is valid, thus Bolling was ignorant for saying the comment, which is where I have been since reading it. I still say if the wording is OK for the black community, it's OK for the white community to say, ignorant, yes. But Bolling as being racist is putting the cart in front of the horse type argument. 1So yes, to take the words and assume an accusation is not the same as knowing the person in question, personally.

Question, would it have been racist if he had said they were eating fried chicken in the WH?

Pants
06-14-2011, 07:34 PM
I think that if John McCain was 25 years younger and had run as a hip leader of the new generation and if he'd have had hiphop ballers like Dr. Dre and Eminem up to the hizzouse for a party, there's a decent chance that he would.

I think you're seeing too much meaning in skin color, which of course is ironic.

No, it's not ironic. And no, Bolling would not have called two white men "hoods" because nobody calls white men "hoods" since the term is used to describe young black males from the hood, i.e. ghetto.

patteeu
06-14-2011, 07:36 PM
Question, would it have been racist if he had said they were eating fried chicken in the WH?

Yes, even if true, the mere mention of fried chicken in conjunction with a dark skinned, half-black American is prima facia evidence of racism. Please use "sautéed yard foul" to avoid Frankie's dog-hizzouse.

ROYC75
06-14-2011, 07:36 PM
Whites Believe They Are Victims of Racism More Often Than Blacks (http://www.newswise.com/articles/whites-believe-they-are-victims-of-racism-more-often-than-blacks)

Really, a poll conducted on 417 people? 209 white and 208 black, why the odd #? Why such a small amount of people ? Why a pool now while the 1st non Caucasian is in the WH ?

Anyhow, it does not matter. Why are we even talking about racism anymore? I know, cause some people are never satisfied about it.

Pants
06-14-2011, 07:37 PM
Your post is not amusing to say the least.. Howbeit, Your 1st point is valid, thus Bolling was ignorant for saying the comment, which is where I have been since reading it. I still say if the wording is OK for the black community, it's OK for the white community to say, ignorant, yes. But Bolling as being racist is putting the cart in front of the horse type argument. 1So yes, to take the words and assume an accusation is not the same as knowing the person in question, personally.

If they were indeed eating fried chicken in the White House, it would not be racist to say so. I don't know why that would be worthy of reporting unless you trying to make some sort of a stereotypical point, though.

And no, it's not racist for a black man to call another black man a ****er, but it is racist if you do it.

patteeu
06-14-2011, 07:37 PM
No, it's not ironic.

Sometimes I have a hard time using the word "ironic". What do you call it when you accuse someone else of racism because of your own racism?

And no, Bolling would not have called two white men "hoods" because nobody calls white men "hoods" since the term is used to describe young black males from the hood, i.e. ghetto.

I see white hoods on the streets of my mostly white community from time to time so that can't be true.* Again, it seems to be based on the way you think of the word. And even if it's not "ironic", it's something.

--------------
* Please feel free to take a shot at that softball I just pitched you. :p

ROYC75
06-14-2011, 07:39 PM
Yes, even if true, the mere mention of fried chicken in conjunction with a dark skinned, half-black American is prima facia evidence of racism. Please use "sautéed yard foul" to avoid Frankie's dog-hizzouse.

Fortunately, you are correct. As I said previously, people now a days are just too cynical. Granny always said what is good for the goose is good for the gander, but not when you speak about black & white.

Pants
06-14-2011, 07:40 PM
Sometimes I have a hard time using the word "ironic". What do you call it when you accuse someone else of racism because of your own racism?

That would be ironic. I'm not a racist, however, so you were wrong.

I see white hoods on the streets of my mostly white community from time to time so that can't be true.

You live in a mostly white ghetto?

Frankie
06-14-2011, 08:42 PM

Link please.

ROYC75
06-14-2011, 08:55 PM
Link please.

I really had you pegged to be a little bit smarter than this, I guess maybe I was wrong ?

Jaric
06-14-2011, 08:57 PM

I see white hoods on the streets of my mostly white community from time to time so that can't be true.* Again, it seems to be based on the way you think of the word. And even if it's not "ironic", it's something.

--------------
* Please feel free to take a shot at that softball I just pitched you. :p
Being aware of a stereotype does not mean that a person believes it. The stereotype of Blacks loving chicken and watermelon is a fairly well known one, and I believe was even mentioned in this thread. It's one I'm aware of, yet think is silly for a number of reasons.

Pants is dead on balls accurate about the stereotypical use of the word "hoods." Fox news should be above trying to scare white people by painting the President of the United States as some kind of gangbanger. As I've said before, there are plenty of ways to criticize Obama legitimately. Everything he's done has been a giant cluster****. Why resort to this kind of buffoonery? Does that speak to you Pat? Are you the lowest common denominator?* That's who this kind of shit is aimed at.

EDIT: * - For the record, I don't think you are. That was meant rhetorically.

Frankie
06-14-2011, 09:02 PM
I really had you pegged to be a little bit smarter than this, I guess maybe I was wrong ?

In other words you just pulled that one out of your a...err... back-pocket.

ROYC75
06-14-2011, 09:16 PM
In other words you just pulled that one out of your a...err... back-pocket.

Nope, why should I have to supply you a link? Did you not pay attention to anything past politicians have done or said. Especially your chosen Dem's & Lib's.

How about I just name a few, see if you can keep up, maybe even remember a few ? You may find a few of these very racist. No ? Please respond.

Democrats fought to expand slavery while Republicans fought to end it.

Democrats passed those discriminatory Black Codes and Jim Crow laws.

Democrats fought to keep blacks in slavery and away from the polls, and they started the Ku Klux Klan to terrorize them.

Democrat Senator Robert Byrd of West Virginia, is well known for having been a "Keagle" in the Ku Klux Klan.

Democrat Senator Robert Byrd of West Virginia, personally filibustered the Civil Rights Act of 1964 for 14 straight hours to keep it from passage.

You see Frankie, the list goes on and on and on and on.....

Democrats declared that they would rather vote for a “yellow dog” than vote for a Republican, because the Republican Party was known as the party for blacks.

Democrats were who Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. and the other protesters were fighting.

Democrat public safety commissioner Eugene "Bull" Connor, in Birmingham, Ala.,unleashed vicious dogs and turned fire hoses on black civil rights demonstrators.

Democrat Senator John F. Kennedy voted against the 1957 Civil rights Act

Democrat Governor George Wallace stood in front of the Alabama schoolhouse in 1963,declaring there would be segregation forever.

Democrat President Bill Clinton's mentor was U.S. Senator J. William Fulbright, an Arkansas Democrat and a supporter of racial segregation.

You see Frankie, this is just a few, but you should be able to see that Regarding the Republican Party, historians report that while Democrats were busy passing laws to hurt blacks, Republicans devoted their time to passing laws to help blacks. Republicans were primarily responsible for the following Civil Regarding the Republican Party.

But don't let the facts mess up your cloudy mind about civil rights fights for the black man.

ROYC75
06-14-2011, 09:26 PM
Oh Frankie, I hear crickets * crickets* and more crickets.

There is plenty more, but by now you get the point? Right ?

Frankie
06-14-2011, 10:31 PM
Nope, why should I have to supply you a link? Did you not pay attention to anything past politicians have done or said. Especially your chosen Dem's & Lib's.

How about I just name a few, see if you can keep up, maybe even remember a few ? You may find a few of these very racist. No ? Please respond.

Democrats fought to keep blacks in slavery and away from the polls, and they started the Ku Klux Klan to terrorize them.

Democrat Senator Robert Byrd of West Virginia, is well known for having been a "Keagle" in the Ku Klux Klan.

Democrat Senator Robert Byrd of West Virginia, personally filibustered the Civil Rights Act of 1964 for 14 straight hours to keep it from passage.

Democrats declared that they would rather vote for a “yellow dog” than vote for a Republican, because the Republican Party was known as the party for blacks.

Democrats were who Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. and the other protesters were fighting.

Democrat public safety commissioner Eugene "Bull" Connor, in Birmingham, Ala.,unleashed vicious dogs and turned fire hoses on black civil rights demonstrators.

Democrat Governor George Wallace stood in front of the Alabama schoolhouse in 1963,declaring there would be segregation forever.

Democrat President Bill Clinton's mentor was U.S. Senator J. William Fulbright, an Arkansas Democrat and a supporter of racial segregation.

You see Frankie, this is just a few, but you should be able to see that Regarding the Republican Party, historians report that while Democrats were busy passing laws to hurt blacks, Republicans devoted their time to passing laws to help blacks. Republicans were primarily responsible for the following Civil Regarding the Republican Party.

But don't let the facts mess up your cloudy mind about civil rights fights for the black man.

LMAOLMAO

I stopped reading at "Democrats fought to expand slavery while Republicans fought to end it."

Welcome to 150+ years ago. LMAO

Frankie
06-14-2011, 10:36 PM
Oh Frankie, I hear crickets * crickets* and more crickets.

There is plenty more, but by now you get the point? Right ?

Crickets? Ten minutes after you posted your long gibberish? Wow man, your impatience tells me you are mistaking you post for a triumphant and intelligent one.

SNR
06-14-2011, 11:07 PM
You niggers are a bunch of racists

stevieray
06-15-2011, 07:49 AM
WHAT? "FRANKIE" RACIST? NO WAY!!

Chief Henry
06-15-2011, 08:41 AM

You must remember, liberals hate the facts.

go bowe
06-15-2011, 12:58 PM
I see white hoods on the streets of my mostly white community from time to time...

white hoods, eh?

you live in kkk land?

vailpass
06-15-2011, 01:35 PM
hoodlum

1871, Amer.Eng. (first in ref. to San Francisco) "young street rowdy, loafer," later (1877) "young criminal, gangster," of unknown origin, though newspapers have printed myriad stories concocted to account for it. A guess perhaps better than average is that it is from Ger. dial. (Bavarian) Huddellump "ragamuffin."
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/hoodlum

fan4ever
06-15-2011, 01:36 PM
Pants is dead on balls accurate about the stereotypical use of the word "hoods." Fox news should be above trying to scare white people by painting the President of the United States as some kind of gangbanger. As I've said before, there are plenty of ways to criticize Obama legitimately. Everything he's done has been a giant cluster****. Why resort to this kind of buffoonery? Does that speak to you Pat? Are you the lowest common denominator?* That's who this kind of shit is aimed at.

EDIT: * - For the record, I don't think you are. That was meant rhetorically.

I don't think anyone who's ever seen a pic of Obama would ever believe he's even close to a gangbanger...much closer to "Urkel".

go bowe
06-15-2011, 01:42 PM
I don't think anyone who's ever seen a pic of Obama would ever believe he's even close to a gangbanger...much closer to "Urkel".

all he needs is thick glasses and a set of suspenders...

ROYC75
06-15-2011, 01:42 PM
white hoods, eh?

you live in kkk land?

I have some white hoods here too.

On my car.

Predarat
06-15-2011, 01:49 PM
Too much political correctness and sensitivity. Another example is the Tracy Morgan thing, alot of over reaction to that as well. But its good to have someone other then a white guy being accused of such matters.

ROYC75
06-15-2011, 01:49 PM
LMAOLMAO

I stopped reading at "Democrats fought to expand slavery while Republicans fought to end it."

Welcome to 150+ years ago. LMAO

I kinda left a bunch of the more current ones out, you see, you wanted a link. I started to give you facts, a little history, things you could not question. But that isn't even good enough. I even included some up to the 80's & 90's. But you chose to stop reading, deflect the incoming from the right, of which is right.

Sorry Frankie ..... but you lose. But that's just the norm around here for you.

vailpass
06-15-2011, 01:51 PM
Too much political correctness and sensitivity. Another example is the Tracy Morgan thing, alot of over reaction to that as well. But its good to have someone other then a white guy being accused of such matters.

Yep. John Travolta's character in Grease was a hood, as were the other white kids in his and the opposing clubs.
If you are looking really hard for something you will start to think you see it everywhere.

Tracy Morgan's tirade was funny. He only apologized because 30 Rock pays pretty well IMHO.

Predarat
06-15-2011, 02:10 PM
Yep. John Travolta's character in Grease was a hood, as were the other white kids in his and the opposing clubs.
If you are looking really hard for something you will start to think you see it everywhere.

Tracy Morgan's tirade was funny. He only apologized because 30 Rock pays pretty well IMHO.

Yes they were hoods in Grease! And those Hoods in The Outsiders! What a bunch of Thugs.

Frankie
06-15-2011, 02:17 PM
I kinda left a bunch of the more current ones out, you see, you wanted a link. I started to give you facts, a little history, things you could not question. But that isn't even good enough. I even included some up to the 80's & 90's. But you chose to stop reading, deflect the incoming from the right, of which is right.

Sorry Frankie ..... but you lose. But that's just the norm around here for you.

If declaring victory makes you feel goofy good, then be my guest. Fact is you did not list anything current. Not even reasonably current. Anything you posted that was even close to 20 years ago can be categorized as exceptions to the rule. The rule, my friend, is that the Right, especially the Right of today, contains predominantly more racists and borderline racists. They show up here, on the tube, on radio in society often enough.

vailpass
06-15-2011, 02:27 PM
If declaring victory makes you feel goofy good, then be my guest. Fact is you did not list anything current. Not even reasonably current. Anything you posted that was even close to 20 years ago can be categorized as exceptions to the rule. The rule, my friend, is that the Right, especially the Right of today, contains predominantly more racists and borderline racists. They show up here, on the tube, on radio in society often enough.

Shut up you camel kissing kook.

patteeu
06-15-2011, 02:27 PM
Yes they were hoods in Grease! And those Hoods in The Outsiders! What a bunch of Thugs.

Pants will be along shortly to tell us that only blacks are thugs and therefore that too is a racist comment.

ROYC75
06-15-2011, 02:35 PM

Were you brain washed as a kid ?

Are you an Obot ?

Or just a kid that kicks and screams when you do not get your way ?

It's one of the 3, but seriously, we do not know which one it is.

mnchiefsguy
06-15-2011, 02:36 PM

So you demand more proof from Roy, while making a sweeping general statement and offering no links or proof yourself? Typical.

patteeu
06-15-2011, 02:37 PM

Good grief. There are plenty of racists in the democrat party. Many of them are black, but find the right group of white union workers and you'll find anti-black racism too. (And lets not get started on the anti-woman streak that Hillary ran into last election cycle). There is no basis for your belief that there are more racists on the right than on the left.

As for racists in the GOP, there may be some white racists on the right that oppose affirmative action for the wrong reasons (for example), but the truth is that the Republican party position on affirmative action is a reflection of the fact that the Republican party is the party of color-blindness. The democrats, on the other hand, are the party of racial set-asides and identity politics. Who is more racist, the group that wants to dole out favors according to race or the group that wants to look past race at the individual human beings and treat them all equally?

go bowe
06-15-2011, 03:01 PM
other than set-asides and affirmative action, what favors have been doled out to blacks or other groups?

other than tax cuts for you rich guys... :p :p :p

Frankie
06-15-2011, 03:09 PM
Were you brain washed as a kid ?

Are you an Obot ?

Or just a kid that kicks and screams when you do not get your way ?

It's one of the 3, but seriously, we do not know which one it is.

Wrong again my man. This time a record 3 times in just one post.

Frankie
06-15-2011, 03:13 PM

So you demand more proof from Roy, while making a sweeping general statement and offering no links or proof yourself? Typical.

May I refer you to the original point of the discussion? I have nothing to prove. It's all obvious out there. Roy, though made a baseless statement and he bears the burden of proof, not I.

mnchiefsguy
06-15-2011, 03:17 PM

The statement in bold most definitely needs more proof than you have provided Frankie...but I think you know that. Your original post bashing Fox in no way shows that the Right is composed of "predominantly more racists". I am not even sure what a "borderline racist" is, either you are or you are not. I assume you consider all on the right to be borderline racist, since you do not hesitate to accuse any conservative on this forum of being a bigot and a racist at the drop of a hat.

go bowe
06-15-2011, 03:35 PM
The statement in bold most definitely needs more proof than you have provided Frankie...but I think you know that. Your original post bashing Fox in no way shows that the Right is composed of "predominantly more racists". I am not even sure what a "borderline racist" is, either you are or you are not. I assume you consider all on the right to be borderline racist, since you do not hesitate to accuse any conservative on this forum of being a bigot and a racist at the drop of a hat.

bigot...

Jaric
06-15-2011, 03:35 PM
Pants will be along shortly to tell us that only blacks are thugs and therefore that too is a racist comment.
Pat, do you think if we had a white president meeting white foreign dignitaries that they would have refered to them as "hoods" in the "hizzouse?"

ROYC75
06-15-2011, 04:06 PM
May I refer you to the original point of the discussion? I have nothing to prove. It's all obvious out there. Roy, though made a baseless statement and he bears the burden of proof, not I.

Baseless ? You are not on your game today or any day for that matter.
I said ... Sure there are Republican racist people, Truth be know, some of the biggest racist in years were Democrats & Liberals.

You wanted a link, I didn't have to provide one, it's history. I gave you several of them, could have given you more. Just as you could have found some Republicans who were / are known to be racist. But just as Obama does, you chose to deflect, put the blame somewhere else instead of looking at the facts.
Best I can tell ya is , do not come calling race in a party unless you want it thrown right back at ya.

BTA, that's the Liberal way now, let's make everything about race.

Hey Frankie, if you want to catch up on black history, try watching it someday on the History channel. Better yet, you can go here and get plenty of information. It's called the NBRA ... http://www.nbra.info/

RedNeckRaider
06-15-2011, 04:11 PM
Baseless ? You are not on your game today or any day for that matter.
I said ...

You wanted a link, I didn't have to provide one, it's history. I gave you several of them, could have given you more. Just as you could have found some Republicans who were / are known to be racist. But just as Obama does, you chose to deflect, put the blame somewhere else instead of looking at the facts.
Best I can tell ya is , do not come calling race in a party unless you want it thrown right back at ya.

BTA, that's the Liberal way now, let's make everything about race.

Hey Frankie, if you want to catch up on black history, try watching it someday on the History channel. Better yet, you can go here and get plenty of information. It's called the NBRA ... http://www.nbra.info/
I posted this early in the thread~

Edit: Harry Reid is a lefty so the bolded is indeed not racist~

Racism is out of control!!! Next thing you know someone is going to say Obama can still be re-elected because he is a "light-skinned" African-American "with no negro dialect, unless he wanted to have one." The type of people who say these things should not be allowed to work for a network or god forbid our government~

patteeu
06-15-2011, 04:22 PM
other than set-asides and affirmative action, what favors have been doled out to blacks or other groups?

other than tax cuts for you rich guys... :p :p :p

Is this like that question, other than that how'd you like the play, Mrs. Lincoln?

patteeu
06-15-2011, 04:32 PM
Pat, do you think if we had a white president meeting white foreign dignitaries that they would have refered to them as "hoods" in the "hizzouse?"

I didn't see the video of this guy's statement, but I think it's a lot more likely that he was trying to be hip than that he's a racist or that he was trying to appeal to racists with some kind of coded message as you seemed to suggest in your earlier post.

I already answered this question when I said that I think something like this might have been said about a McCain whitehouse if McCain was 25 years younger and had captured the immature imagination of the nation's youth on his way to electoral victory. I think this was more about hip culture than racism. I don't think it's racist when white suburban boys wear their baggy pants halfway down their butts and their ballcaps on crooked even if they picked up that style from watching videos on BET.

Jaric
06-15-2011, 05:38 PM
I didn't see the video of this guy's statement, but I think it's a lot more likely that he was trying to be hip than that he's a racist or that he was trying to appeal to racists with some kind of coded message as you seemed to suggest in your earlier post.

I already answered this question when I said that I think something like this might have been said about a McCain whitehouse if McCain was 25 years younger and had captured the immature imagination of the nation's youth on his way to electoral victory. I think this was more about hip culture than racism. I don't think it's racist when white suburban boys wear their baggy pants halfway down their butts and their ballcaps on crooked even if they picked up that style from watching videos on BET.So your belief is that the news organization who was weeks ago vilifying hip hop culture (pretty hypocritically too) has now decided not only to embrace it, but to work it into their programming?

Whats next? Def Political Jam with Bill O'Reilly?

EDIT: Also, to clarify, I don't think there was anything coded about what they said. I think they are trying to make Obama look bad by convincing white people he's some scary black gangbanger. I might be willing to entertain your viewpoint, if they hadn't already done this with the whole Common nonsense a few weeks back. Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice...

patteeu
06-15-2011, 06:13 PM
So your belief is that the news organization who was weeks ago vilifying hip hop culture (pretty hypocritically too) has now decided not only to embrace it, but to work it into their programming?

Whats next? Def Political Jam with Bill O'Reilly?

EDIT: Also, to clarify, I don't think there was anything coded about what they said. I think they are trying to make Obama look bad by convincing white people he's some scary black gangbanger. I might be willing to entertain your viewpoint, if they hadn't already done this with the whole Common nonsense a few weeks back. Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice...

We'll have to agree to disagree on pretty much everything about this then because I don't see much in what you say that sounds very likely.

1. I don't think this was part of any organized effort of a news organization. I think it was the spontaneous action of one guy. In other words, I don't think it has anything to do with a news organization that's vilified hiphop culture in the past so the foundation for hypocrisy isn't present.

2. I don't believe it was cunningly devised as a way to plant a negative image of Obama in the gullible minds of latently racist white viewers. Nope, that seems like a real stretch to me compared to the theory that the guy was just trying to sound cool.

Jaric
06-15-2011, 06:22 PM
We'll have to agree to disagree on pretty much everything about this then because I don't see much in what you say that sounds very likely.

1. I don't think this was part of any organized effort of a news organization. I think it was the spontaneous action of one guy. In other words, I don't think it has anything to do with a news organization that's vilified hiphop culture in the past so the foundation for hypocrisy isn't present.

2. I don't believe it was cunningly devised as a way to plant a negative image of Obama in the gullible minds of latently racist white viewers. Nope, that seems like a real stretch to me compared to the theory that the guy was just trying to sound cool.
Click the link in the OP and look at the picture with the caption "Hoods in the house" showing a picture of Obama meeting with Gabon President Ali Bongo which came right off of Fox's programming. Or just check out the next post...

Also from their programming (and the article)

"So what's with all the hoods in the Hizzy?" Bolling asked on his show on Friday. "A month after the White House hosted the rapper Common, who glorifies violence on cops, the president opened his doors to one of Africa's most evil dictators."Bolling then discussed Bongo's invitation with Human Events editor Jason Matter, Fox Business reporter Sandra Smith (whom Bolling browbeat into calling the White House "the Hizzy") and Columbia University professor Marc Lamont Hill.

Face it Pat, this was not a bunch of white guys trying to be hip and failing to do so. It was a bash session where they are trying to paint Obama as a gangbanger.

Jaric
06-15-2011, 06:23 PM
http://forthesakeofscience.files.wordpress.com/2011/06/hoods-in-the-house.jpg?w=300&h=224

patteeu
06-16-2011, 12:45 AM
Click the link in the OP and look at the picture with the caption "Hoods in the house" showing a picture of Obama meeting with Gabon President Ali Bongo which came right off of Fox's programming. Or just check out the next post...

Also from their programming (and the article)

Face it Pat, this was not a bunch of white guys trying to be hip and failing to do so. It was a bash session where they are trying to paint Obama as a gangbanger.

I looked at the link and I don't see anything wrong with what he says.