View Full Version : Obama Lupe Fiasco Calls Obama a "Terrorist"

ROYC75
06-15-2011, 12:54 PM
http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/politics/123467904.html

Lupe Fiasco Calls Obama a "Terrorist"
Popular rapper criticizes fellow Chicagoan
By Marcus Riley
Wednesday, Jun 8, 2011 | Updated 5:27 PM CDT

Lupe Fiasco doesn't have a lot of love for President Barack Obama.
We know of at least one Chicago rapper who won't be getting an invite to the White House anytime soon.

Lupe Fiasco called out President Barack Obama this week, calling his fellow Chicagoan "the biggest terrorist."

The comments came in an interview with CBS News Tuesday while discussing the political content of his music.

"My fight against terrorism, to me, the biggest terrorist is Obama in the United States of America. I'm trying to fight the terrorism that's actually causing the other forms of terrorism. You know, the root cause of terrorism is the stuff the U.S. government allows to happen. The foreign policies that we have in place in different countries that inspire people to become terrorists."

As political as the statement sounds, Fiasco, who grew up on the West Side, says he doesn't vote or get involved in politics.

The controversy is markedly different from another dustup last month involving Chicago rapper, Common, whose invitation to a White House poetry reading caused some conservatives to cry foul.

And it's not the only shots the president has taken this week. Republican presidential candidate Tim Pawlenty stopped through Chicago Tuesday and said Obama "needs to go to rehab" in reference to the economic recovery.

Fiasco will be performing in Chicago Saturday at the B96 Summer Bash.

<embed src="http://cnettv.cnet.com/av/video/cbsnews/atlantis2/cbsnews_player_embed.swf" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" background="#333333" width="425" height="279" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" FlashVars="si=254&contentValue=50106064&shareUrl=http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504943_162-20069803-10391715.html" />

Source: http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/politics/123467904.html#ixzz1PN8u4W9V

patteeu
06-15-2011, 01:45 PM
Is there some kind of contest going on in Chicago to see which native son can be the biggest moron or something?

Bowser
06-15-2011, 01:49 PM
The Right now has their own rapper to rally around to do battle against Common.

patteeu
06-15-2011, 01:52 PM
The Right now has their own rapper to rally around to do battle against Common.

This guy is "The Right" like Dennis Kucinich.

alpha_omega
06-15-2011, 01:55 PM
Who?

Silock
06-15-2011, 02:27 PM
Lupe Fiasco is a great artist. He should stick to making records, even though everything he makes is highly political. Pretty disingenuous for him to say he isn't involved in politics.

mnchiefsguy
06-15-2011, 02:27 PM
Who?

Never heard of him either. He must be the Kathy Griffin of rappers, on the D-list.

NewChief
06-15-2011, 02:30 PM
Never heard of him either. He must be the Kathy Griffin of rappers, on the D-list.

Most quality rap isn't popular, unfortunately (I know some will say there's no such thing).

mnchiefsguy
06-15-2011, 02:32 PM
Most quality rap isn't popular, unfortunately (I know some will say there's no such thing).

Are you saying he is a quality rapper? (Not being critical, just curious, I have no idea.) Is this guy a major voice in the rap genre?

NewChief
06-15-2011, 02:36 PM
Are you saying he is a quality rapper? (Not being critical, just curious, I have no idea.) Is this guy a major voice in the rap genre?

Yeah. He's well-respected. He's sort of an alternative, conscious rapper. He's into skateboarding and art and shit.

durtyrute
06-15-2011, 02:37 PM

The reason most have never heard of him is because he is a rare breed. He chooses to go against the grain and he actually has lyrical ability, something that died along time ago in main stream music. Artist such has Lupe often don't get the radio play that Lil Wayne or Jay Z do. Not saying that those two aren't lyrical they are just more willing to make the same music over and over again. He, just like any other person, has the right to his own opinion and can tell whoever he wants to but he has to be willing to face the backlash

|Zach|
06-15-2011, 02:37 PM
Lupeeeeeeehhhh

mnchiefsguy
06-15-2011, 02:39 PM
Yeah. He's well-respected. He's sort of an alternative, conscious rapper. He's into skateboarding and art and shit.

Unfortunately, he should have used some more conscious thought before calling the President a terrorist. I am not an Obama supporter, but that statement is just flat out stupid. Perhaps he should just got back to his skateboarding and art.

NewChief
06-15-2011, 02:46 PM
Unfortunately, he should have used some more conscious thought before calling the President a terrorist. I am not an Obama supporter, but that statement is just flat out stupid. Perhaps he should just got back to his skateboarding and art.

Well, we have a pretty long tradition of musicians bashing our leaders. See the entire punk movement. The Dead Kennedy's basically used the exact same rhetoric and Jello Biafra now hOlds an elected position (albeit in San Fran).

RedNeckRaider
06-15-2011, 02:51 PM
Is there some kind of contest going on in Chicago to see which native son can be the biggest moron or something?

This guy is in 2nd place, Barry has all but locked up 1st~

Silock
06-15-2011, 03:00 PM
What you've probably heard from Lupe Fiasco:
<iframe width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/mySD9_rfcy0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

What you probably haven't heard:
<iframe width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/UktEpUM-iMM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/UF7rBcFolAc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/q1Et1siZhTk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

ROYC75
06-15-2011, 03:09 PM
I just wonder if the left will picture or label him as , racist ?

patteeu
06-15-2011, 03:41 PM
I just wonder if the left will picture or label him as , racist ?

You might be on to something there Roy. He probably wouldn't have called him a terrorist if he wasn't a foreign-born Muslim!

HonestChieffan
06-15-2011, 04:21 PM
You can be Lupe Fiasco but we can't have the Frito Bandito? WTF is up with that yo?

BWillie
06-15-2011, 04:27 PM
Love Lupe Fiasco's music, don't really agree w/ all of his political views. I see where he is coming from though. Hate fuels hate. Killing fuels more killing, and even moreso in instances involving terrorists and militant extremist groups. The reason terrorists and extremists hate the USA is because we mess w/ their way of life in their homeland. If we did not have such a global military policing agenda, we would certainly have thousands and thousands less casualties of war, less casualties from terrorist attacks, and a hell of alot more money to spend domestically on things that matter.

With that said, Lupe lost me in one of his songs where he says something like 911,...did they really pull it? ....Referring the the US conspiracy to kill their own people.

patteeu
06-15-2011, 04:38 PM
Love Lupe Fiasco's music, don't really agree w/ all of his political views. I see where he is coming from though. Hate fuels hate. Killing fuels more killing, and even moreso in instances involving terrorists and militant extremist groups. The reason terrorists and extremists hate the USA is because we mess w/ their way of life in their homeland. If we did not have such a global military policing agenda, we would certainly have thousands and thousands less casualties of war, less casualties from terrorist attacks, and a hell of alot more money to spend domestically on things that matter.

With that said, Lupe lost me in one of his songs where he says something like 911,...did they really pull it? ....Referring the the US conspiracy to kill their own people.

This is absurd excuse making. It's like saying that the reason common criminals commit so many crimes is because our system of laws and our concept of private property interferes with their way of life.

BWillie
06-15-2011, 07:17 PM
This is absurd excuse making. It's like saying that the reason common criminals commit so many crimes is because our system of laws and our concept of private property interferes with their way of life.

No it's not. Think about it like this. If you are a gang, and you keep encroaching on another rival gang's "territory" you are much more apt to have violence committed on you. If you are homebody that tends to your own business is anybody ever going to go out of their way to kill you? Probably not. It's common sense really. You don't have to get even. You don't have to one up someone. You don't have to revenge others deaths in this battle. It doesn't matter who's right or wrong, Because when you commit revenge, they are going to commit revenge back. And it's just more and more onslaught of never ending violence.

Chocolate Hog
06-15-2011, 07:18 PM
Controversy sells.

KILLER_CLOWN
06-15-2011, 11:12 PM
Although i really couldn't care less about rap, i agree with what he's saying. We invade someones country, they fight back, Oh my their terrorists. Pick another country to invade, rinse and repeat.

durtyrute
06-16-2011, 06:19 AM
Although i really couldn't care less about rap, i agree with what he's saying. We invade someones country, they fight back, Oh my their terrorists. Pick another country to invade, rinse and repeat.

This, except I like rap and I love lupes music, so not all of this just a little bit of this and a little bit of that. ;)